New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

OOC : http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260614

Everything is normal...but sometimes you wish it wasn't normal don't you.

Escapist fantasy is everywhere, and we love it. We would love to be princes, knights, merchants, bard, and maybe even the dashing pirate rogue.

Of course some people take it a little farther.

It's the real world, a basic D&D group of seven has gathered for their monthly game.

"It's a shame this stuff, isn't real, but what if it could be?" Mori the nutjob states, pulling out a book. "Check it out, I found this grimoire at a bookstore. Looks legit too, it's got a nice spell, in it."

He reads from it.

"From the books you read, to the stories you tell, state your wish and there you shall dwell."

"I'd be a merchant." One states.
    "A noble." says another.
    "What about you?" One ask Mori, but he refuses to answer.

We all have a good chuckle at the book and sigh that it could never be true.

You go to bed in your modern day home, relax and rest in your blankets...but when you wake up...something isn't right..why is your house's walls no longer painted? Where did the curtains go? And where the hell is all my stuff?! Why am I in what looks like (insert profession's place here).

You bolt out of bed, and look around the room, getting your bearings.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-06 at 10:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Zachary Smith wakes, the cool scent of morning air greets his nostrils. It's a pure scent, unpolluted, reminding him of country air. It's surprising chill.

As the tall, well muscled, and tan man slides his legs out of bed he is assaulted as his toes touch the cold stone for.

"What the hell?!" Zach let's escape.

Where am I? Why am I naked? And who te hell is she?! ..... Though, I've done worse... That's besides the point

His gaze moves around the dimly lit room until his eyes are drawn to a set of shining silver armor, a large glistening sword, and an ornate book left open.

Those are... Mine! Where am I? What has happened to me?! he thinks emphatically.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using italics for thoughts
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-07 at 12:00 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

~Zman~

You look around the room and get braced with your surroundings. As you pick up your sword, you swing it as if it were second nature. Somehow you just "know" the stance. A young boy walks in.

"Sir Smith." The boy bows. "Are you alright? Do you need anything from your squire? Do not forget that today we are suppose to aid with the festival tournament for the Princess's birthday."

You look at the boy, wondering what in the nine hells he is talking about.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

John opens his eyes slowly wincing as the light glares in his eyes.

As he sits up he realises he is not in his own bed.
    Where... Where am I?.

He gets out of bed feeling rough wood floors beneath him. As he looks around the room he begins to panick. In place of his computer desk is a simple wooden table.

This isn't my room. Something isn't right.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John opens his eyes slowly wincing as the light glares in his eyes.

As he sits up he realises he is not in his own bed.
    Where... Where am I?.

He gets out of bed feeling rough wood floors beneath him. As he looks around the room he begins to panick. In place of his computer desk is a simple wooden table.

This isn't my room. Something isn't right.
    You hear a knock on the door as you're going through your belongings which seem to include a large amount of accounting forms.

"Hey are you up yet?" A female voice calls through the door. "We were suppose to go to the market this morning remember? We need to pick up the flowers for the guild's gift to the princess! So get ready!"

You hear her leave mutterings about how odd it is that you've slept in.

You gather your bearings and slowly come to terms with what happened. "Prin...cess..." You think, putting two in two together, along with that receipt for a "Belt of Healing".
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-07 at 04:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

As Tabatha awakens and raises her head, a piece of sticky paper loosen from the side of her cheek. She rubs her eyes while a simple thought of recognition crosses her mind. She must of fallen asleep studying again. Well at least that's what she thought. As her eyes adjust her heart skips a beat and starts to pound. Panic sets in as she realizes shes not at her desk.

She gives the room a sweeping glance checking for any signs of another person. Locked to the chair in a state of fear her mind races trying to find the answer. Did she go to the wrong home last night, perhaps a friends, or worse? Her heart continues to race as she slowly edges off the chair.

A quick glance reviles this certainly wasn't a modern home. The walls were made of simple wooden planks, the floor just the same, the furnishings and styles of the items looked archaic. She quietly crept her way towards the door then slowly nudged it open, glancing outside into the hall. Empty. Fearing discovery she closed it just as slow as she opened it and turned back to the room. It had to contain answers or some clue to her location.

Standing near the door she gave the room a thorough look over. A simple bed, a desk with a couple books, and a large chest lined the walls. Nothing too reveling yet. She moved over to the large trunk and tugged at the lid. Her effort was only met with resistance. Must of been locked. Moving over to the desk she peer down at several thick leather bound books.

While they all have locks, the one she woke up on remains open. She moves the chair to the side and quickly flips to the start of the book. Looking for some type of answer to what in the world is going on. Surprise and shock feel her as she looks down on the strange symbols. She drags her finger down the first one and presses it down at the base. Definitely not english.

Spoiler
    Show
    I really shouldn't be posting since I'm so tired but really wanted to get a post in before I went to bed. Hope I don't wake up in the morning and regret the choice xD.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas wakes up much faster then what he would prefer. Who the hell left the window uncovered, it is my day off!
    He struggles for a moment, but even in his half-asleep state of mind he can easily notice that something is different.
    Wait did I sleep at student's dormitory? ... or did Kate invite me in?...
    He finally opens his eyes and looks around the place...
    ..."This is not a dormitory"... he whispers...

He stands up, still stunned trying to remember how he got here ... or at least where could be this whole 'here'...

[half conscious thoughts as he walks around]
    Quite a comfortable bed they have here... Nice and thick carpet, one I would buy I guess... hmm stone tiles? I've never seen these in a bedroom... nice, stone walls, not painted but they remind me of Tuscany... okay... no lamps, but there are candles everywhere... going back to Kate, she has this type of taste... but unless she drugged me I would remember everything by now... wow, these are interesting!...
    As he walks to the other room he notices a desk with a set of high-quality clothes and a huge crystal, lying just in the middle.
    Could as well wear this, better than naked, I guess...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Elbeyon

As you read the book, you realize although it's clearly not in English you can read it as if it were plain English. "Glitterdust" "Mending" "Detect Magic" this things reads like a D&D book written by tolkien, yet something is clearly off about it. Namely the fact that a few items lying around the room are clearly glowing magical in nature and this place looks like a wizard's quarters. You think back to the wish you made when Mori cast the spell.

Lexin

You get dressed and hear a knock on the door. "Hey Lucas! Are you up? I got a quick job for you!" The voice is sharp but kind. "I need you to take a letter to the castle. The psionics guild project needs more funding before we can build the necessary items for the project."

'Psi-on-nic... wait WHAT?!' you think as you look at the crystal coming to a conclusion about what it might be, and realize what might has happened.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    You hear a knock on the door as you're going through your belongings which seem to include a large amount of accounting forms.

"Hey are you up yet?" A female voice calls through the door. "We were suppose to go to the market this morning remember? We need to pick up the flowers for the guild's gift to the princess! So get ready!"

You hear her leave mutterings about how odd it is that you've slept in.

You gather your bearings and slowly come to terms with what happened. "Prin...cess..." You think, putting two in two together, along with that receipt for a "Belt of Healing".
    Could it be...? No this has to be some sort of crazy dream or hallucination.

John continues to mutter to himself as he heads towards the wardrobe. Finding a white tunic, a fine belt and a pair of fine trousers he dressed and headed out of the room into the hallway.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Okay that's... in his thoughts words 'freaky' and 'fun' are fighting for the place in this sentence and as Lucas couldn't decide on one, he just left it as it was...

"Just a minute!" He shouts back.

Okay... I am dreaming. This one is for sure. *Ouch* ...or maybe not... in movies pinching works...
    Okay, if I were in a fantasy realm and became a psion... best way to learn anything would be...
    His eyes are drawn back to the crystal on his desk. He grabs it...

[telepathy] "Okay, assume that I lost my all memories of this place and possibly life. Now, I need to know what is going on and what should I do. Keep talking... and in easy to understand words, I still feel half asleep.
    Last coherent thoughts as he holds the crystal and looks at it with expectation was Am I really talking to a rock and expecting it to answer?

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Could it be...? No this has to be some sort of crazy dream or hallucination.

John continues to mutter to himself as he heads towards the wardrobe. Finding a white tunic, a fine belt and a pair of fine trousers he dressed and headed out of the room into the hallway.
    You walk down the long hallway into a dining room where merchants are gossiping and eating. A woman around your age greets you. "Hey John." She says. "Glad you finally got up. I'll make you some food when we get back, but we gotta get going!" She grabs you arm firmly and starting dragging you anime style towards the door to the laughs of the other merchants.

"Go Mana! Show your boyfriend why you're the next merchant princess!"

"He's not my boyfriend!" She says back, with a visible blush making everyone laugh as she drags you out the door and towards the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Okay that's... in his thoughts words 'freaky' and 'fun' are fighting for the place in this sentence and as Lucas couldn't decide on one, he just left it as it was...

"Just a minute!" He shouts back.

Okay... I am dreaming. This one is for sure. *Ouch* ...or maybe not... in movies pinching works...
    Okay, if I were in a fantasy realm and became a psion... best way to learn anything would be...
    His eyes are drawn back to the crystal on his desk. He grabs it...

[telepathy] "Okay, assume that I lost my all memories of this place and possibly life. Now, I need to know what is going on and what should I do. Keep talking... and in easy to understand words, I still feel half asleep.
    Last coherent thoughts as he holds the crystal and looks at it with expectation was Am I really talking to a rock and expecting it to answer?
    The crystal glows, and speaks to you in our mind. "Well you're Lucas, you're the son of the guildmaster of the guild of psions, the studiers of the art of psionics and the main non-arcane, non-divine, non-mundane, power in the Rosewood kingdom. I'm your psycrystal. You're a Erudite, and your goal in life was to travel the world and discover fantastical discoveries. Also today is the Princess's birthday celebration so you might want to get dressed and go deliver that letter while she's in a good mood.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-07 at 06:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

[telepathy] "Sounds... *long pause* then *shrug* Nevermind. ... Side question, did I drink a lot last night?"

Princess's birthday... I am Erudite... Not bad for a dream...

He chooses better clothes to wear, more suitable when attending the court (How the heck do I know which clothes would be more suitable for attending the court?!?). Black, with arcane/psionic symbols sewn with silver thread. And long black cloak with lots of pockets, which seemed as natural to wear as a part of is own body.
    He notices leather straps on his belt, thinks a short while and puts the psicrystal there.
    Now ready, he opens the door.
    "Okay, talk to me. What needs to be done?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

You walk down the long hallway into a dining room where merchants are gossiping and eating. A woman around your age greets you. "Hey John." She says. "Glad you finally got up. I'll make you some food when we get back, but we gotta get going!" She grabs you arm firmly and starting dragging you anime style towards the door to the laughs of the other merchants.

"Go Mana! Show your boyfriend why you're the next merchant princess!"

"He's not my boyfriend!" She says back, with a visible blush making everyone laugh as she drags you out the door and towards the market.
    Merchant Princess?? what's going on? I'll figure it out later better just follow this girl around. In the off chance this is really happening i don't want to be locked up as a crazy person.

Whoa slow down Mana I think I drank i bit to much last night. Where are we going exactly?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

As you read the book, you realize although it's clearly not in English you can read it as if it were plain English. "Glitterdust" "Mending" "Detect Magic" this things reads like a D&D book written by tolkien, yet something is clearly off about it. Namely the fact that a few items lying around the room are clearly glowing magical in nature and this place looks like a wizard's quarters. You think back to the wish you made when Mori cast the spell.
    She shakes her head, questioning the sanity of her last thought. It's just not possible... though if it were true that would explain a lot. She takes a slow deep breath then slowly exhales. As her racing heart begins to calm and her mind settles she decides a change of course is in order. She closes the book in front of her, it locking with a notable click, then turns around to face the door. Pressing it open again she calls out into the hallway as she moves about, "Hello?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

[telepathy] "Sounds... *long pause* then *shrug* Nevermind. ... Side question, did I drink a lot last night?"

Princess's birthday... I am Erudite... Not bad for a dream...

He chooses better clothes to wear, more suitable when attending the court (How the heck do I know which clothes would be more suitable for attending the court?!?). Black, with arcane/psionic symbols sewn with silver thread. And long black cloak with lots of pockets, which seemed as natural to wear as a part of is own body.
    He notices leather straps on his belt, thinks a short while and puts the psicrystal there.
    Now ready, he opens the door.
    "Okay, talk to me. What needs to be done?"
    "Not to my knowledge. You did have a bit of ale though, so unless someone in the guild drugged it..." The crystal trails off.

A man stands there and hands you a letter addressed to "Princess Teru". "Take this to the castle and deliver it. It's important you start dealing with the courts, for when you finally take over the guild. Also calm down a bit, you look like you don't know who I am." He shakes his head. "Talking to the courts isn't easy I know, but it's something the guildmaster has to do..you know just as well as I do the 6 main guilds of this kingdom. Psion, Arcane, Divine, Nature, Merchant, Mercenary. We need to make sure we pull our weight! Now go deliver the letter, the cooks should have a meal ready for you when you get back." He pats you on the shoulder and leaves.

Merchant Princess?? what's going on? I'll figure it out later better just follow this girl around. In the off chance this is really happening i don't want to be locked up as a crazy person.

Whoa slow down Mana I think I drank i bit to much last night. Where are we going exactly?
    "Um...the market?" She points to what is clearly some kind of medieval style market. So unless you were magically teleported to a renaissance fair, and everyone is VERY good at keeping in character....chalk a point for...well...something. "Come on, I need you to help me carry the flowers back." She drags you to a florist and starts examining the flowers. "It's a shame more people don't like flowers. I personally think a good flower brightens a room and helps raise morale." She goes up to the counter and starts talking in what you would think would be slang, bartering with the clerk, but you clearly can understand what she's saying. Eventually get gets a large amount of flowers and pulls out her coin purse...to pay with copper and silver pieces....

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    She shakes her head, questioning the sanity of her last thought. It's just not possible... though if it were true that would explain a lot. She takes a slow deep breath then slowly exhales. As her racing heart begins to calm and her mind settles she decides a change of course is in order. She closes the book in front of her, it locking with a notable click, then turns around to face the door. Pressing it open again she calls out into the hallway as she moves about, "Hello?"
    "Are you up my apprentice?" An older man walks out of a nearby room. "Ah...good, you're up, have you prepared your spells yet for today? Remember to prepare at least two glitterdust spells. We need to use them to help decorate the arena for the tournament." He smiles at you. "You've come so far since you apprenticed under me, I cannot wait til I get to teach you fireball, which is one of my favourite spells. Go prepare your spells, I'll go to the kitchen and conjour up something nice for breakfast."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-07 at 06:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Um...the market?" She points to what is clearly some kind of medieval style market. So unless you were magically teleported to a renaissance fair, and everyone is VERY good at keeping in character....chalk a point for...well...something. "Come on, I need you to help me carry the flowers back." She drags you to a florist and starts examining the flowers. "It's a shame more people don't like flowers. I personally think a good flower brightens a room and helps raise morale." She goes up to the counter and starts talking in what you would think would be slang, bartering with the clerk, but you clearly can understand what she's saying. Eventually get gets a large amount of flowers and pulls out her coin purse...to pay with copper and silver pieces....
    Copper and Silver, Medieval market, Princess... This isn't happening. This can't be happening. Calm down John, don't panick there is an explination for everything just get the flowers back then you can head to your room and figure this out.

Let me grab those. John walks forward and lifts most of the flowers.

I'm really out of it this morning need to stop spending late nights with nothing but a mug of ale and the accounting ledger. You said these were for the princess right? What's the occasion again?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Copper and Silver, Medieval market, Princess... This isn't happening. This can't be happening. Calm down John, don't panick there is an explination for everything just get the flowers back then you can head to your room and figure this out.

Let me grab those. John walks forward and lifts most of the flowers.

I'm really out of it this morning need to stop spending late nights with nothing but a mug of ale and the accounting ledger. You said these were for the princess right? What's the occasion again?
    "Her BIRTHDAY. Her COMING OF AGE BIRTHDAY." Mana emphasizes. "Geeze how much did you drink!? The whole country has been planning this celebration for months! This is the day where she steps up and becomes the official heir to the throne, aka the NEXT RULER OF THE KINGDOM."

She looks at you like you're high. "Are you sure you're okay? I better make you a good meal when we get back...you seem like you might be sick..." She puts her hand to your forehead. "No fever..."

She stays silent looking at you for the rest of the short walk back.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

[To psicrystal] "Who is this and what's his name?!?"

[To 'the man'] "Sorry, I was very deep in dreams and just need to shrug it off. Lucas takes the letter nods, trying not to look as confused as he was.

He looks around his quarters trying to find a key, then closes the door and leaves. I need to act as normal as possible...

For one insane moment he wants to reach the cellphone and try to find the court on GPS. Instead his hand touches the psicrystal.

"Okay, I need your help. For the starters how can I call you? ... or let me guess first, Loiosh?
    Anyway, do you know the way to the court and could you tell me anything about this 'project'?"

Spoiler
    Show

Went with Seagreen for telepathy and green for thoughts/ speech

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

[To psicrystal] "Who is this and what's his name?!?"

[To 'the man'] "Sorry, I was very deep in dreams and just need to shrug it off. Lucas takes the letter nods, trying not to look as confused as he was.

He looks around his quarters trying to find a key, then closes the door and leaves. I need to act as normal as possible...

For one insane moment he wants to reach the cellphone and try to find the court on GPS. Instead his hand touches the psicrystal.

"Okay, I need your help. For the starters how can I call you? ... or let me guess first, Loiosh?
    Anyway, do you know the way to the court and could you tell me anything about this 'project'?"

Spoiler
    Show

Went with Seagreen for telepathy and green for thoughts/ speech

"Um...that's your FATHER." The psycrystal tells you. "His name is Laguna."

"You can call me whatever you want, I am your crystal. Loiosh is fine though. You'll want to leave this building then take a left to the GIANT CASTLE. The project is setting up telepathy points that will enable group conference of the lords without having to travel as much to cut costs and improve communication."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay so we have some information at least. Princess' birthday. We were getting the guild's gift so I a member of some sort of guild

John continues to think to himself while following Mana.

Maybe Food would be a good idea i am fairly hungry... Wait People don't get hungry in dreams...

Yeah I must had more to drink then I thought last night.

I need to find a way to get her to tell me what I do without asking her what I do

I've been really busy dealing with finances lately it seems I've lost track of reality a bit. So what is new with you?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Okay so we have some information at least. Princess' birthday. We were getting the guild's gift so I a member of some sort of guild

John continues to think to himself while following Mana.

Maybe Food would be a good idea i am fairly hungry... Wait People don't get hungry in dreams...

Yeah I must had more to drink then I thought last night.

I need to find a way to get her to tell me what I do without asking her what I do

I've been really busy dealing with finances lately it seems I've lost track of reality a bit. So what is new with you?
    She stops in her tracks and turns to look at you. Her face looking like someone threw a brick at her. "The SHIPPING COMPANY?!" She almost yells. "The network of carts between the Capital of Oda and the Hara Family?! The project we've been setting up with the guildmasters for weeks?!" She starts breathing heavy. "Come. We need to get you back to the guildhouse. I'm starting to worry about you. I'll cook you a meal and then we can talk alone." She leads you back and you drop off the flowers. "Go to your room." she orders firmly. "I'll be up in about 20 minutes with your meal."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

When Danil woke up that morning, he thought for a while he was still dreaming. He looked around the room and saw the acoutrements of his wildest dreams. There a shirt of shimmery chainmail, there a shield actually painted with his own made-up coat of arms, there Veramorte real-sized and shiny.

On the second sweep, his eyes registered stranger details. the lack of electricity, the presence of candles and torches, the presence of only two suits of clothes, one fancy in blue and gold, one practical in blue and gold. But what really clinched it was when he happened to notice his arms. Those were definitely more muscular than the arm he'd had when he went to sleep.

God almighty raise the flame, raise the fires of thy name.

What am I doing here and how did I get here.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well that line of questioning was probably less subtle then I had intended.

John heads up stairs to his room to think so thinks over.

Okay so I am a member of some sort of shipping guild I have 20 minutes to figure out what I do before that girl comes upstairs maybe I can find something with my title or at least some sort of map.

John hurries around the room looking for anything that might help him understand what is going on
    Last edited by Tantaburs; 2012-11-07 at 07:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    When Danil woke up that morning, he thought for a while he was still dreaming. He looked around the room and saw the acoutrements of his wildest dreams. There a shirt of shimmery chainmail, there a shield actually painted with his own made-up coat of arms, there Veramorte real-sized and shiny.

On the second sweep, his eyes registered stranger details. the lack of electricity, the presence of candles and torches, the presence of only two suits of clothes, one fancy in blue and gold, one practical in blue and gold. But what really clinched it was when he happened to notice his arms. Those were definitely more muscular than the arm he'd had when he went to sleep.

God almighty raise the flame, raise the fires of thy name.

What am I doing here and how did I get here.
    You hear a knock on the door. "Master Danl? May I come in? I have your breakfast prepared for you?" The voice is timid and sweet, and subservient.

Well that line of questioning was probably less subtle then I had intended.

John heads up stairs to his room to think so thinks over.

Okay so I am a member of some sort of shipping guild I have 20 minutes to figure out what I do before that girl comes upstairs maybe I can find something with my title or at least some sort of map.

John hurries around the room looking for anything that might help him understand what is going on
    You eventually find a map of the "rosewood" kingdom. Please refer to the OOC thread shortly.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-07 at 07:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Sir??...with a Squire??... I can work with that...

Looking to the young boy and making sure to use the greatsword to maintain his decency in a nonchalant manor, "Squire. Please use my full title as you would introduce me at court. A little practice couldn't hurt."

Waiting for the boy to respond his gaze moves back to the women in his bed.
    If my fiance knew about this part of my dream she'd kill me!

"And pray tell, name the lass in my bed."

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going with not knowing who she is for a little spice. Anyone would be fine, maybe a castle servant, or princess' aid? Have fun with it.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-07 at 07:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Sir??...with a Squire??... I can work with that...

Looking to the young boy and making sure to use the greatsword to maintain his decency in a nonchalant manor, "Squire. Please use my full title as you would introduce me at court. A little practice couldn't hurt."

Waiting for the boy to respond his gaze moves back to the women in his bed.
    If my fiance knew about this part of my dream she'd kill me!

"And pray tell, name the lass in my bed."

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going with not knowing who she is for a little spice. Anyone would be fine, maybe a castle servant, or princess' aid? Have fun with it.
    "Sir Zachery Smith. Knight of the kingdom of Rosewood. Currently situated in the Capital Country of Oda." The Squire replies.

"Also...that's Leila...the Princess's bodyguard. You two sparred for hours yesterday, then came back here and got drunk. You two went through 4 barrels of ale before collapsing." He looks at you. "Do you require assistance with anything? Sword sharpened? Help getting your armour on?"
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-07 at 07:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

A Knight?...

"Thank you, please show Leila out. I will not require your assistance, come to me once my presence is required."

Sir Zachary Smith, Knight of the Rosewood Kingdom, stands tall and bids the lass farewell with a kiss on her hand, "It was a thousand pleasures."

Once alone, he dresses in his undercloths quickly before donning his armor. He takes his time, letting his fingers remember the clasps, and feel of the surprisingly light silvered chain....Mithril...Made by my hand... as he traces the intricacies of the metal work. Next he dons the crafted Mithril braces, and finally the intricate sword. It is as if the great blade was made by his hand for his hand and his hand alone.

Once his armor is donned he turns to the book in front of him and begins to read and flip through the pages, his mind afire with the traces of the magic in the words...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    A Knight?...

"Thank you, please show Leila out. I will not require your assistance, come to me once my presence is required."

Sir Zachary Smith, Knight of the Rosewood Kingdom, stands tall and bids the lass farewell with a kiss on her hand, "It was a thousand pleasures."

Once alone, he dresses in his undercloths quickly before donning his armor. He takes his time, letting his fingers remember the clasps, and feel of the surprisingly light silvered chain....Mithril...Made by my hand... as he traces the intricacies of the metal work. Next he dons the crafted Mithril braces, and finally the intricate sword. It is as if the great blade was made by his hand for his hand and his hand alone.

Once his armor is donned he turns to the book in front of him and begins to read and flip through the pages, his mind afire with the traces of the magic in the words...
    The squire wakes Leila and helps her leave. Apologizing to her for anything that happened last night.

You flip through the book and find it full of magical terms that normally you wouldn't understand, but you can read them as if they were plain English. The odd part is that you KNOW you shouldn't know what they mean, you just do. (Like Harry speaking snake language in chamber of secrets).

Eventually you start hearing the other Knights in the barracks get up and prepare themselves as well, and before long you can hear a large amount of footsteps outside in the hallway.

29. - Top - End - #29

As he flips through the pages, absorbing and reaffirming the knowledge within the book...I'm a Knight....and a Mage...I'm a battle mage?a real life Gish! This has got to be the most realistic dream I've ever had.

Zachary stands up and uses his small personal mirror and a bit of water to clean up his appearance. He also uses a small blade to clean the hair off of his face.

It is then that he hears the others in the hallway. Finding his key he stores everything but his blade, belt pouches, and his coin purse. He locks his room behind him and joins the group of people looking for his squire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, did I catch my Squire's name when he helped the girl to leave? I would be listenign for it.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

He did not state his name. However shortly after he approaches you again, and bows. "Sir Smith. The knights are all prepared for the tournament. They are looking forward to your match with Lady Leila. I am sure everything will go well for the Princess's birthday celebration." He gets to his feet. "Do you require anything prior to the tournament?" He asks. "If not may I have permission to go prepare for the squire's pre-game match."