New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Alicorn all the ponies!!!

large img
    Spoiler
    Show

Or you know... just Luna cosplaying.
    Given that my personal fanon is that being the bearers of the Elements will, eventually, turn all the Mane 6 into Alicorns themselves, I approve of this image.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Hearths Warming ponies
    Spoiler
    Show

no Chancellor Puddinghead and Smart Cookie? RACISM!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Looks like nominations are finished for that category. So let's move onto another one...

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Best AppleJack Moment!

BEGIN!
    wait? Applejack was in season 2?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #513
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Och. Unfortunate. I hope the thread helped sufficiently?

I'll give you the rundown on that WoD thing I've been trying to bug you about then.

[tangent] [gaming]
    Spoiler
    Show

I wanna use nWoD rules to run a D&D game.

Yes, yes.
    Are you done laughing or shaking your head yet?

I know it's silly. But its what I need; a chance to get better with the rules, a chance to introduce my meat space friends to nWoD without jumping in cold, and a chance to play out the style of game they've been angling to glean from D&D 3.5.

I could probably figure most of it out. My trouble is of course, magic.

I want to use Mage because magic being a dangerous thing with consequences is perfect. But everything easily done by some sort of magi could fall under Occult. I am trying to work out a way mitigate world smashing. Highly expensive first dot, sure.

But I don't have any of the books. Which makes figuring it all out kinda hard =þ
    This is really not best practise, and I think the negative, deceptive consequences of something like this will really come back to bite you. The WoD system is optimised for what it is - a system for running horror games. If you use it for high fantasy or adventure you're going to run into serious difficulties.

Here are some clashing assumptions between WoD and D&D

- Killing is okay (Wisdom 3 sin in WoD)
    - Lethality of combat (WoD doesn't so much have a combat simulator as a murder simulator)
    - It is possible to reach the absolute pinnacle of combat ability out of character generation.
    - Magic is a factor of the environment and creative thinking rather than of the wizard.

If you bring a D&D character to a Mage game you will be in trouble.

Alternatively, if you just want this as an introduction to Creative Thaumaturgy, just have them play D&D characters except with access to the Mage magic system. Let them perform one magical action and one physical system a round. Just get them used to throwing around cool environmental effects with dramatic consequences. That actually seems like a good way to manage a transition.

Buying the books (Core WoD, Core Mage and Seers) is a necessity if you want to run a game.

Huh. I'm surprised that's a problem for you? I suppose I've been irritated once I got to the half hour mark because I couldn't do anything but the taste was always more of a perk.

Too much of a good thing I suppose.
    I shall avoid waxing lyrical about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Darn Thanqol, causing me to not post because I'm reading world of darkness rulebooks and scheming about how to run a changeling game mumble mumble mumble

Hey, anypony potentially interested in a changeling game that I'll probably get going in another week or so that Thanqol will be playing in?
    Don't close off applications immediately. I've made a referral or two who are thinking it over.

Best moment in general.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

You will ALL rue the day you slighted me.

Which one, they, like, slight you all the ti-*whump*

Everypony, in fact, will rue the day if you force me to enact my vengeance! Everypony!

Muahahaha!
    ...I'd just like to point out that, rather than slighting you, I keep sending you things like this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Everyone else; slighting you. Professor Boffinspark; this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Just pointing that out.
    Yes, I'm a coward. But I'm a live coward.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Banned

Darn Thanqol, causing me to not post because I'm reading world of darkness rulebooks and scheming about how to run a changeling game mumble mumble mumble

Hey, anypony potentially interested in a changeling game that I'll probably get going in another week or so that Thanqol will be playing in?
    I was going to humorously depict my desperation with allusions of murdering your enemies, stalking you, sabotaging rival corporations and possibly dressing up as a sex worker. Instead I'll just raise my hoof and maybe wiggle it so you see me.

Yes.

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.
    Yay!

You did

With youar poor word choice!
    Ooooh.
    Sorry, that was literal, not a pun. Kind of how I keep saying heuristic, to the point most OC you probably question my understanding of the word? Cadence is one of those words I use all the time, like mellifluous or fabulous.

But your vengeance is usually well wrought, so bring it princess~

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Ah who am I kidding, I cast SLIGHT UNDEAD!
    And then Low Key was slightly undead, possibly halfpyre or a glich.

And the meta-Mage highfives the space lich.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    This is really not best practise, and I think the negative, deceptive consequences of something like this will really come back to bite you. The WoD system is optimised for what it is - a system for running horror games. If you use it for high fantasy or adventure you're going to run into serious difficulties.

- Lethality of combat (WoD doesn't so much have a combat simulator as a murder simulator)
    - It is possible to reach the absolute pinnacle of combat ability out of character generation.
    - Magic is a factor of the environment and creative thinking rather than of the wizard.

Alternatively, if you just want this as an introduction to Creative Thaumaturgy, just have them play D&D characters except with access to the Mage magic system. Let them perform one magical action and one physical system a round. Just get them used to throwing around cool environmental effects with dramatic consequences. That actually seems like a good way to manage a transition.

Buying the books (Core WoD, Core Mage and Seers) is a necessity if you want to run a game.
    Those are all selling points. Things we want but cant get with other systems.

Rather than help me make nWoD&D I should say I want to run a midievsl WoD game which subverts D&D standards; can you help me stay out an Orc?

I shall avoid waxing lyrical about this.
    I'm sorry, I know this is an actual issue for you and don't mean to malt light of it. I just find the taste of my own blood soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    ...I'd just like to point out that, rather than slighting you, I keep sending you things like this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Everyone else; slighting you. Professor Boffinspark; this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Just pointing that out.
    Yes, I'm a coward. But I'm a live coward.
    But if the commodore stands for anything, it's that living is over rated. Kinda barking up the wrong tree aren't you? he may just decide to keep you forever.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-05-02 at 08:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whether Relevant to the current conversation or not, I thought I would throw this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHlBt8K9ig&feature=plcp

My attempts at voice acting. 0-0*
    I think I failed. X)
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2012-05-02 at 07:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517

oh my goodness I have so many tabs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Sneaks up on ya, doesn't it?
    Yeah

That's nice.
    I've got Rainbow Dash; explosions from her face, and sonic speed.
    Twilight Sparkle; teleported and logistical savant.
    Pinkie Pie; did you say explosions? You meant Gordon Fremane makes cookies every time he shoots, because Pinkie accidentally swapped out his equipment with her party supplies.
    wat?.....DID YOU JUST INSULT GORDON FREEMAN?????!!!!

See, this baffles me.
    Why is high chance of 'pwnage' considered manly? Are women unable to pwn?
    Yeah scratch the "manly" part, sorry, but I never said women are unable to pwn And when they do, it's just awesome!

What do explosions have to do with pwnage? theyre wasteful. All that energy, which could be directed to some use, released as force, light and heat. Messy
    They have a good relationship with pwnage ((How many times did I actually link that?))
    Also, explosions are just awesome, they waste energy to waste other stuff around them too, it's awesome, it has replaced music for me , the mess they cause just makes them EVEN MORE AWESOME!!

And why not be both? I'm a lover and a fighter. Don't limit yourself! Humanity is all about potential right? Don't stall based on labels!
    Yeah you're right, both is better, and I'm actually both
    Just was kinda terrified by the sort of stuff it can do to people (just look at the top quote! )

That's right. Keep pulling our bigger and bigger villains. I've got my Ace in the Hole.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ace is ponies.
    Right Commadore?
    I was just saying anyways, and Shivans are tons and can blow up planets from orbit
    Could be cool to see that, possibly a spam of OFC

Also, it's my impression or you just hate me now?

Yes.

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.
    why need superpowers?

Also does anyone know where can I find a tutorial for drawing ponies with inkscape?
    the one's I've found are for hand drawing
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-02 at 08:48 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

None of Ponythreads Villains are particularly worrying, to be fair. I'm not even sure the Commodore is a villain the majority of the time, no matter how vocal he is on the topic of alignment. I know your terrible secret Bleakbane; You're Okay.

Also, whenever one of the ponythread Villains threatens everypony I can't help but smile. Then I recall that the Ponithid probably counts as a pony still, even though she didn't turn out exactly to template, so to speak. (Given that I apparently did the Bio-Engineering using the Bleak Despair's blender runoff tanks, I'd say she turned out rather well all things considered).
    I should probably name her at some point, but it seems a bit pre-mature given that I'm not sure her brain has entirely adapted to 4 dimensional linear time and non-fluid space yet, let alone mastered anything aproaching meaningful speech.

There was a time when I would have been all over this. I know myself better these days than to leap at the invitation however, because no matter how awesome this sounds, I'm just not cut out for Play By Post, between available time and attention span.
    Anyone else who is tempted though, I can only encourage to sign up for the ride.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

But if the commodore stands for anything, it's that living is over rated. Kinda barking up the wrong tree aren't you? he may just decide to keep you forever.
    You really expect rational though processes from the professor?
    Your opinion on the matter is neither relevant nor wanted.
    Oh, then maybe I should contribute some empirical evidence regarding the desirability of pegasi mares, vis-à-vis those magazines I found under your-MGPHF!
    Ook.
    ...Thank you, Igor. He clearly was suffering from some severe, inexplicable delusion.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground

Y'know, I was going to show you guys a new spell I came up with, but I get the feeling this is a bad time.
    Ah who am I kidding, I cast SLIGHT UNDEAD!
    Not enough pun damage.

*casts Inflict Slight Wounds*...on no-one in particular, because I'm all alone up here. *le sigh* I should get/build myself a companion one of these days years decades.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

And then Low Key was slightly undead, possibly halfpyre or a glich.

And the meta-Mage highfives the space lich.
    Y'know, I guess that's what I get for inventing new spells without testing them. Actually I'm not even sure how that worked, I'm just an earth pony!

Wait a minute. Special ties to nature, special abilities with living things, able to bring living things from the ground... Are earth ponies necromancers? If an earth pony plants a corpse will they grow a zombie?

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ((Mass Effect Spoilers ahead))
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, most people I've found around apparently don't think so , it'sseen as kind of a symbology and stuff like that (how bad the situation is, How humans get shocked after seing a kid get killed, how Shepard actually tried to help him and stuff like that); and actually the music helps a lot

Wait all Krogan are Wrex?
    Anyways, their world is really bad messed up so it makes sense they're that strong, and yes they are REALLY annoying, not invincible anyways since size it's the gamebreaking disadvantage, besides getting Genophage'd.
    Including the interrupts and the many ways to pwn Wrex.

Possibly.
    But humans are still pretty new to the scene, and even being new, were able to beat back the turians, the ones that actually messed up the krogan and used the Genophage
    So we could never know actually, Humans are like a middle ground between Turian's Discipline and Krogan's Ferocity, but they're still the new guys in space, yet, they have shown actual superiority through sheer tenacity, including becoming a Council race.
    Please, just stop. This is a Pony thread, not Mass Effect 3.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #523

ok, sorry, erasing that part
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    None of Ponythreads Villains are particularly worrying, to be fair. I'm not even sure the Commodore is a villain the majority of the time, no matter how vocal he is on the topic of alignment. I know your terrible secret Bleakbane; You're Okay.
    Hey, I object to that statement! Thats discrimitory! Should I say all eldrich creatures beyond time are utterly evil? No! Undead are people too, and for all things considered would you rather have me or the fine gentleape and his pony jester flying around in the airspace of a happy-go lucky country filled with colorfull, adorable ponies? And besides, my cult saves orphens! We have the best dental plan on the plane!

Whens the last time you saw that blasted airship take a stop at a isolated area and take in a score of impoverished childeren? I have a little crateload of dragon babies left in the cold after there parents....wandered off. We even have Ghoul Scouts tm. selling baked goods in places in reality otherwise unfeasble to get access. Turns out that most dwellers of the lower planes will literaly fight to the death for a nibble of a Nag-Along.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-05-02 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525

Those are all selling points. Things we want but cant get with other systems.

Rather than help me make nWoD&D I should say I want to run a midievsl WoD game which subverts D&D standards; can you help me stay out an Orc?
    You need help statting out stuff for the WoD?

Okay, if it's a NPC and okay at his job, he rolls 4 dice. If he's a professional and good at his job he rolls 6 dice. If he's a badass elite ninja commando he rolls 8 dice. If he's the kung fu grandmaster on the top of a mountain, he rolls 10 dice. Plus equipment modifiers and situational bonus; an axe would be +2 or +3 dice. Cruddy orc armour would give you 1 armour point.

So easy.

If it's a PC, you put dots into strength and not intelligence. Buy some dots in weaponry. I'm pretty sure there are medieval WoD supplements out there, but everything you need is quite literally in the core rulebook.

16. - Top - End - #526

Why can't we all just get togeher and play a good old fashioned game of Magic: The Gathering?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

17. - Top - End - #527

Also does anyone know where can I find a tutorial for drawing ponies with inkscape?
    the one's I've found are for hand drawing
    No one?
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Why can't we all just get togeher and play a good old fashioned game of Magic: The Gathering?
    I could be up for that. You have cockatrice? :P
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #529

Choose your answer:

- Because I don't have $150 to buy a deck
    - Because I don't want you to hate me for my powergamer play
    - Because I don't want to hate you for daring to defeat me
    - Because Internet Drama soured me on the concept
    - Because we're on The Internet

No one?
    Alterform was a professional at this but I haven't seen him in a while. Look him up and PM him?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

There is also the Pauper Format, which would cut down the cost by banning the expensive cards. Or invent a Ponies: The Gathering game for online play.

With the major characters being Legendaries or Planeswalkers of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Funny you should-

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I could be up for that. You have cockatrice? :P
    Wait, how many ponies in this thread play MTG?

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    There is also the Pauper Format, which would cut down the cost by banning the expensive cards. Or invent a Ponies: The Gathering game for online play.

The universe is telling me something here. I was just going to force everyone here to stare at my latest work because I spent 5 freaking hours on it. And everyone's talking about MTG when I show up. So...

Spoiler
    Show

I am so pleased with how that turned out.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Hey, I object to that statement! Thats discrimitory! Should I say all eldrich creatures beyond time are utterly evil? No! Undead are people too, and for all things considered would you rather have me or the fine gentleape and his pony jester flying around in the airspace of a happy-go lucky country filled with colorfull, adorable ponies? And besides, my cult saves orphens! We have the best dental plan on the plane!

Whens the last time you saw that blasted airship take a stop at a isolated area and take in a score of impoverished childeren? I have a little crateload of dragon babies left in the cold after there parents....wandered off. We even have Ghoul Scouts tm. selling baked goods in places in reality otherwise unfeasble to get access. Turns out that most dwellers of the lower planes will literaly fight to the death for a nibble of a Nag-Along.
    I literally do not have the faintest ghost of an idea what you are talking about.

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Or invent a Ponies: The Gathering game for online play.

SO. MUCH. YES.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Funny you should-

The universe is telling me something here. I was just going to force everyone here to stare at my latest work because I spent 5 freaking hours on it. And everyone's talking about MTG when I show up. So...

Spoiler
    Show

I am so pleased with how that turned out.
    I really like her mane! No seriously, it turned out very well :D
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

25. - Top - End - #535
    Banned

oh my goodness I have so many tabs!!

wat?.....DID YOU JUST INSULT GORDON FREEMAN?????!!!!
    I don't think so.

Yeah scratch the "manly" part, sorry, but I never said women are unable to pwn And when they do, it's just awesome!
    Good retort!

They have a good relationship with pwnage ((How many times did I actually link that?))
    Also, explosions are just awesome, they waste energy to waste other stuff around them too, it's awesome, it has replaced music for me , the mess they cause just makes them EVEN MORE AWESOME!!
    Yeah, I'm not able to argue that. The more wasteful the explosion, the neater it is.

Yeah you're right, both is better, and I'm actually both
    Just was kinda terrified by the sort of stuff it can do to people (just look at the top quote! )
    Huh. Never seen that first one. This bears study.

I was just saying anyways, and Shivans are tons and can blow up planets from orbit
    Could be cool to see that
    That would be neat. Course then they have to deal with Bleakbane. And only I'm dumb enough to risk that.

Also, it's my impression or you just hate me now?
    Nah, I just prefer playing devils advocate, making sure you've considered the other side from a positive point of view. Antagonistic Dialectic.

[SPOILERS!] [ME3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright. Personally I found the kid, in all his forms, tasteless. But if it worked for you, that just means I'm missing out.

Hmm. I don't have a rebuttal.

Commodore?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    You really expect rational though processes from the professor?
    Your opinion on the matter is neither relevant nor wanted.
    Oh, then maybe I should contribute some empirical evidence regarding the desirability of pegasi mares, vis-à-vis those magazines I found under your-MGPHF!
    Ook.
    ...Thank you, Igor. He clearly was suffering from some severe, inexplicable delusion.
    To be fair,
    Dem wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Not enough pun damage.

*casts Inflict Slight Wounds*...on no-one in particular, because I'm all alone up here. *le sigh* I should get/build myself a companion one of these days years decades.
    BWAHAJAHAhahahahahaaaa~!

Y'know, I guess that's what I get for inventing new spells without testing them. Actually I'm not even sure how that worked, I'm just an earth pony!

Wait a minute. Special ties to nature, special abilities with living things, able to bring living things from the ground... Are earth ponies necromancers? If an earth pony plants a corpse will they grow a zombie?
    How do you think Pokonic started his cult. The wings and horn? Stapled on.

you're Hush, now~ Quiet, Now~
    But open up your sleepy eyes~
    Rush, now~ Riot, now~
    As from the dead you riiiiise~

26. - Top - End - #536
    Firbolg in the Playground

you're Hush, now~ Quiet, Now~
    But open up your sleepy eyes~
    Rush, now~ Riot, now~
    As from the dead you riiiiise~
    Now thats just not fair. Besides, my name is Sile-

Huh, nifty rhyme. Might just use that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I literally do not have the faintest ghost of an idea what you are talking about.

thepinkoneshecomes
    Err,heh....

Oh, a non-intimidating topic! "raises hand"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-05-02 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537

biggrin Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quick announcement.

I've finished updating CH. 1 of Clockwork. Give it a read if you want and see what you think of the improvements.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-05-02 at 09:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

I was actually going to ask about that. That explains a lot.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

SO YOU MISRABLE CULTISTS ARE THE ONES WHO KEEP STEALING MY TEST SUB-I mean, you're the ones who've been kidnapping those sweet, wonderful orphans! This is the final straw, I'm no longer taking it easy on you.
    Spoiler
    Show

I bet you think I'm done, right? WRONG, FIRE THE OLC AS WELL! MUAHAHAHA!
    Spoiler
    Show

What? What do you mean he's in Camelshan? Then what in Tartarus did I just...?

My Homebrew

Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

quotepost
    Is it just me or have you been doing this less lately?