New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Hey ponies!

I just caught up on Season 2 so far. Discord is awesome.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to follow pony thread for a while (like, four threads, I think). Since I'm not crazy SiuiS, I'm not going to go back and read all of that. Anything interesting happen then, or should I just file it away under "equine shenanigans"?
    Episode 3 or the second season should be airing this Saturday (if I remember correctly) and there has been rumors about the content of the fourth episode. There's new fics on EqD and a bunch of new pony videos around.

A lot of the discussion in the threads has been about the new season, introducing new members, and actually a lot of fiction being written. Esper now has Midnight's Guide to Dating over on EqD.

There is a new MLP Heal/Hurt over in the games section, if that's your thing.

Also, healthy doses of bondage and ponysanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

2. - Top - End - #362

Attention, Ponythread!

May I have your attention please!

Anyway, now that I have your attention, I wish to make aware of a little thing going on a few forums down in case anyone was not aware of it.

We are currently doing a community game right here that involves ponies, and the creation of a little town, with a little twist. Even if you dont wish to join in proper, you can still put in your two cents on what we have done so far.
    A warning before clicking, tho: don't click if you dont like epic sagas or tales of friendship or magic.

"Message ends"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-10-05 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Episode 3 or the second season should be airing this Saturday (if I remember correctly)
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the next episode isn't until the 15th. Then another new ep On the 22nd which repeats on the 29th

Source is what I remember seeing on EqD
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Challenge accepted. Now I need to find a Cello and some socks.
    To be fair, I think that it would be more accurate if you did it while wearing shoes on your hands, rather than socks (or both if you prefer).

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    This pony advertisement is recently popular in our TV. What do you guys think?

Swarowski's crystals, heh heh :P
    A few of them look alright, though I'm not a fan of some of the designs there. The glow in the dark wings are nifty, and they do meld surprisingly well with the rest of the pony, though on a few of them it just looked tacky. All in all, so so, but probably not my cup of tea for a pony fix.

....and I just thought of how nifty it would be do use glow in the dark minis for dnd...
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Hate-flirting with a crazy shipping goddess is not the most sane thing I've ever done, but I admit, it does have its perks.

It also isn't the most insane thing either, which is somewhat more troubling.
    Well, there was this one time, when I tried to Storytell Exalted...
    Good god, are you kismesis to yourself?!

I have three quadrants. ^^
    All I need is an/to be an auspistice.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

bondage
    There's debauchery here! Debauchery, debauchery, yay!

Okay. Okay that wins. Good god man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Good god, are you kismesis to yourself?!
    Look, somepony has to do it, right?

Though the more I look at Mutants and Masterminds, the more I feel that porting over to that system would make it much more feasible. Maybe.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-10-05 at 03:33 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Spoiler
    Show

here we have the first two that I did as roughs.

Spoiler
    Show

PROS
    - more detail; gritty character lends itself better to my art style
    - succeeds at intimidating Mafioso posture

CONS
    - hand/cane position anatomically wrong (looks good though)
    - bust style not what recipient wanted

Spoiler
    Show

PROS
    - shows whole body
    - good practice

CONS
    - body to covered; works best as a bust/portrait
    - anatomy defies standard ideas of positioning; huge arms + tiny legs = implied perspective fail
    - cane came out wonky

-

From these I learned a bit more about my strengths. Having the diamond dog be fully clothed would work much better than having partial clothing such as a single vest or open blazer. Tie is a hit (though I'm considering a bow tie).

DIAMOND DOG ANATOMY
    D-Dogs have thick, pop-eye style forearms, and stubby, comically sized rear legs. Their elbows are ball and socket joints, and frequently bend "backwards" when the elbow is above the head.
    For example; the first attempt had elbows below the head, hands below the elbows. Unless the cane was 10" long, the elbows would be above the shoulder, and the forearms would slope down sharply. Weird.

Spoiler
    Show

Their usual vest style gives them a strong triangular silhouette, broad shouldered. In reality, they are scrawny buggers with splayed arms. Posture is horrific, though I suppose that could be why the avatar uses a cane- to stand tall over his fellows.

The second anatomy example uses the same head shape as the leader of the D-Dogs, as does the first example avatar. The other head styles are these;

Spoiler
    Show

Of which I think the second would be good, but not as strong a choice. The leader has the pointed, "chiseled" jaw one expects from a criminal master. Same with the eyes; flat lines underneath, rounded tops and yet strong brow ridges give him a mean, calculated and hate-filled look. D-Dog head #3, the one with down ears, could get the same effect with effort, and has a more pleasing head shape when discounting the eyes. The two could be mixed if needed.

STYLE OF DRESS

Looking at previous attempts, I have to change my stance;*

Spoiler
    Show

The Sher Khan, fully cloned look does wonders for the D-Dog physique. Like any good Mafioso uniform, it hides apparent weakness and gives a sense of stability and bulk that looking at the exposed, stooped torso doesn't.

The hat is a fixture that will stay. It's nice. Positioning though;

Spoiler
    Show

Works best at the leve (#3)l, or even the head tilted forward design (#1). Looking downwards, where you can see the underside of the hat brim, gives less a sense of strength. We want him staring forward like he's ready for a fight;

Spoiler
    Show

SUGGESTED COURSE OF ACTION

I suggest the following.
    Fully clothed D-Dog, tie tucked into blazer.
    Either
    — leader head (as current) with no eyepatch (keep acar)
    — bigger D-Dog head with eyepatch
    Facing camera, hands on cane
    Hat brim level with camera

Alternate poses considered where looking at pocket watch, arms folded with cane inside (looking over shoulder lime in Dexam's avatar), or hands steeples in front of face, holding cane (showing just eyes and maybe nose; works best as close up and not full-body).

I can try pretty much anything, but I won't be able to help you out unless you can think of specifics. The more detail you give me, the less I will let you down. This is not an Art of the Dress style episode! XD

If you can Think of the picture you want in your mind, and give me detailed descriptions, I'll work on it for you. Otherwise, we're going to continue with phoneavatar tag. I'm fine with that, but I suspect both you and Thanqol are rip-roarin' and ready for the next phase

Spoiler
    Show
    All right, yeah, I see what you mean. I really didn't put that much thought into the concept behind this! At least you have a totally awesome sense of aesthetics.

I see where your going with the Sher Khan thing. That probably does look the best, so let's just go with that. I think the head #1 with just the scar sounds good, as well. I kind of want to see the whole "holding a pocket watch with cane under armpit" thing. It sounds interesting.

I was imagining a different look then the whole bust effect, but if you think that that would look the best, then by all means go ahead. Thanks for working with me on this. It's really, really cool.

Guys! I realized something! Fluttershy is just like Magrat Garlick! Well, not just like her, but similar. Which makes me really want to read a Witches-mlp:fim crossover fanfic.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Aw, sorry bro, but family comes first.
    I thought we had something special...

I'm not kidding. I've never played the Cello before so I won't be /good/, but I will play something. The way Octavia holds her bow, I'm convinced that with enough practice a human could do similar.
    I want video evidence.

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Trading cards?

No, these are random toy bags, I believe.
    These blind bags are incredibly intriguing for me. I was such a sucker for boosterpacks back in the day when I rocked the pokemon card scene, and that 20 minute window of time when my friend tried to get me into the star trek tcg. I probably wouldn't be able to resist buying at least one blind bag if I saw it on the shelves. I've got a good enough pokerface at the checkout line I think I could pull it off

Oh man, I hear you on the whole "oh crap so much to do" thing. I need to get a rental car back by 5 PM, I also need to make it to my second job to fix a projector, and I have to be ready for D&D by 7. Oh and the kicker? I can't start until 4 when my full time job ends.
    Hah! My D&D session is at 7 too. In fact, I'm just about to bum out of work for my hour long commute home to quickly level up my sheet and scramble over to the DM's house, because I can never seem to level up any sooner than exactly one hour before the session starts, ever. I'm such a good player >_>;;

Hey ponies!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to follow pony thread for a while (like, four threads, I think). Since I'm not crazy SiuiS, I'm not going to go back and read all of that. Anything interesting happen then, or should I just file it away under "equine shenanigans"?
    I can't help but wonder if we should, not necessesarily as a part of the OP (because heaven konws Trixie already has enough to do, poor filly!) but maybe as a twice-threadly post we have a brief summary of what happened in the last 25 pages. Nothing big, just a rundown of the big ticket items.

Oh, and to add to the list of things that happened, at some point there was a mass kidnapping outbreak that I showed up late too, and was forced to kidnap and hold myself hostage for a period of time, before I was forced to break in and rescue myself so I could start posting again. Also a massive music dump per request, and about a billion fanfics, which I think is the fandom's hourly output at this point.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-05 at 03:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370

Hey ponies!

Forgot people wanted some details. Around pages 35-45 of the last thread, we had a big discussion on old videogames. Of note was Treasure Mountain and Space Quest 1, since they were games of my childhood I had forgotten the names of until the topic came up (and dexam told me them).

Also there were knife-flails.

Thanqol and Esper wrote a bunch of stories, I hear they are good, but I haven't gotten through them yet so I cannot say for sure (though knowing them, its good).

Aotrs went to his wargame convention, and beat the tar out of someone whom he regards as a strategic and tactical genius. This also involved ponies riding tank brigades to victory.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

11. - Top - End - #371

GnomeWizardGuy

There's debauchery here! Debauchery, debauchery, yay!
    Oh sure, ask for the one image I couldn't locate. It's the one "explaining" Fluttershy being tied up form episode 2, for the curious.

So instead, you can just have some Tom.

And have some Derpy.

And our own Deadly, who wrote Fillystata, is writing up a sequel. (same link)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    This also involved ponies riding tank brigades to victory.
    Was the only part that *I* needed to hear. Though I realize it was not directed at me anyway.

BTW: Does anypony know when Season 2 Ep 3 Airs? I was so mad I though it was gonna be this weekend and I'd actually be able to watch it live on TV when it first hit and then it was just a rerun!
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #373
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh sure, ask for the one image I couldn't locate. It's the one "explaining" Fluttershy being tied up form episode 2, for the curious.
    You mean this one?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Was the only part that *I* needed to hear. Though I realize it was not directed at me anyway.

BTW: Does anypony know when Season 2 Ep 3 Airs? I was so mad I though it was gonna be this weekend and I'd actually be able to watch it live on TV when it first hit and then it was just a rerun!
    15th with the long awaited Luna episode the 22nd.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-10-05 at 04:03 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

14. - Top - End - #374

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You mean this one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, that would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Eakin mentioned the 15th, above, so a week and a half from today.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    and this...this is just awesome
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently this huge Fluttershy poster thingy is chillin at the tallest building in Oslo. It's supposedly created with Post-It notes... Pretty crazy!
    The first rule of Project Harmony is that the public Q&A sessions will be held every Tuesday at six.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but in reality, you can't play the cello with hooves.
    She's a bassist. I've seen horses in the real world play bass, though it usually takes an over the hill coach and an inspiring montage for them to get as good as she is.

I'm not kidding. I've never played the Cello before so I won't be /good/, but I will play something. The way Octavia holds her bow, I'm convinced that with enough practice a human could do similar.
    I know a cellist and a friend of one of my friends is a double bassist, and I would definitely try this if I had any idea how I would explain it to either of them. Also, though it's obviously not quite the same thing, there are plenty of great real musician who are either completely missing fingers or missing a lot of their intact fingers' functionality, like Django Reinhardt, Horace Parlan, and Tony Iommi. If you care enough about the music, you can overcome any handicap. Including being a horse.

Hey ponies!

And thus ends The Time Without Hipsters, yet another dark chapter in the history of the Ponythread.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Thanqol and Esper wrote a bunch of stories, I hear they are good, but I haven't gotten through them yet so I cannot say for sure (though knowing them, its good).

Aotrs went to his wargame convention, and beat the tar out of someone whom he regards as a strategic and tactical genius. This also involved ponies riding tank brigades to victory.
    Oh yes, and after a screaming fit of rage, I levelled up. So I'm even more Epic and awesome now, which I confess I am sure, many of you - who am I kidding - all of you thought was impossible!

(And to save you searching for my awesome - and because I love tooting my own horn and I just realised that that sounds really dirty now confound you ponies I blame you Lix - here is a repost of said pictures, just for you tonberrian:

Spoiler
    Show

)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-05 at 04:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    And thus ends The Time Without Hipsters, yet another dark chapter in the history of the Ponythread.
    You know, I kinda wish that Discorded Twilight had turned into a hipster. It seems like it would have fit her pretty well.

"Elements of Harmony? Yeah, I was studying those BEFORE the pilot episode"

EDIT:

Equestria Daily post confirming S2E3 "Lesson Zero" for 10/15
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-05 at 04:32 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a genuinely awesome pun.

19. - Top - End - #379

.....aaaaaaaand I just saw the pun. Well played, Studio B, well played indeed

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

No comments on my fiction fragment?

Ah well, here's the finished chapter, at last: Mare in the Mirror 6

Took way too long to write, but I think it ended up OK. If anyone follows the story, do let me know what you think. I would love the feedback.

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    .....aaaaaaaand I just saw the pun. Well played, Studio B, well played indeed
    I feel like I'm missing something (again). Someone mind explaining the pun?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something (again). Someone mind explaining the pun?
    Less Than Zero
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-05 at 04:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Why am I not surprised?

Anyway, today's image dump includes cute Luna anthro:
    Spoiler
    Show

And a pretty good human Trixie.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow dash gets all the mares
    Spoiler
    Show

Who's a silly pony?
    Spoiler
    Show

And some sexy Pinkie and Rarity anthros:
    Spoiler
    Show

Huh, I'd thought that Canterlot was just a bunch of OCs.
    Nope, cast characters are available, but you need to apply for them for the "mane" RP board. Or there is a freeform section where you can play whoever you want.

I don't get it.

EDIT:
    ...are you sure that's what it's referencing?
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2011-10-05 at 04:54 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    EDIT:

...are you sure that's what it's referencing?
    No, it could also be a reference to the book. But that's it.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

No, it could also be a reference to the book. But that's it.
    I think it's more likely that it's not a pun at all, but rather that Twilight needs to be reminded of a "Lesson Zero," that is, the lesson that forms the foundation of all the other lessons, even if you don't realize it as you start lesson one... similar to the Zeroth Law of Robotics.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I think it's more likely that it's not a pun at all, but rather that Twilight needs to be reminded of a "Lesson Zero," that is, the lesson that forms the foundation of all the other lessons, even if you don't realize it as you start lesson one... similar to the Zeroth Law of Robotics.
    Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Banned

Ten quotes in (actually twelve, sorry Lix and T_Fox, might not get those back up) and decided to use the cleared window for something I've been kicking around. I'm also going to refer to folks by pony and not user name, for ease of me typing ;P

Griffon steel. Actually closer to iron, and not an alloy. Kept a secret by the griffons out of a combination of secrecy and antisocial tendencies, griffonsteel (a name which sounds more impressive in the original griffon, of course) is found only in the mountain range the griffons call home, and only in any appreciable amount beneath the main hall from which all of their lineages derive; Gryphonmont.

Griffonsteel reacts to pony magic be generating a similar effect, usually of opposite vibration. Unrefined, it quivers slightly when activated, becoming much more violent in it's motion when directly targeted or associated with the magic, especially that of a unicorn.

The energy generated by unicorn magic has waves and troughs, I it were measured. The vibration of griffonsteel vibrates (I want to say oscillates but I can't be sure that's not just my love of big words) such that it's troughs match the magics crests, and vise versa.

Under normal circumstances this just causes a chiming sound, occasionally interfering with the magic. In Gryphonic judicial systems however, it has a more sinister (for ponies) or practical (for griffons) application. A ring or twist or whathaveyou of griffonsteel applied directly to the horn of a unicorn almos entirely shuts down their magic. Any active use of magic is "conducted" throughthe metal, activating it at full power - the unicorn effectively grabs their own bone structure and violently shakes it, causing constant pain, disorientation, and vertigo. The disorientation and lack of coordination continue for a while afterwards, but most unicorns quickly find that not only is their magic disrupted to the point of uselessness, but it's use causes dire pain.

Ponies accused of crimes in griffon lands are almost always given a chunk of the metal to prevent escape. It can, if refined, actually conduct and even generate magic (which coincides nicely with Dromer's particle theory, actually) but the combination of griffons not saying anything unless asked, and the few surviving unicorns having bad associated memories, this valuable mineral goes unharnessed except by the most nefarious of criminals. And a certain GoC ninja pony.
    Thoughts?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh yes, and after a screaming fit of rage, I levelled up. So I'm even more Epic and awesome now, which I confess I am sure, many of you - who am I kidding - all of you thought was impossible!

(And to save you searching for my awesome - and because I love tooting my own horn and I just realised that that sounds really dirty now confound you ponies I blame you Lix - here is a repost of said pictures, just for you tonberrian:

Spoiler
    Show

)
    In defense of the other guy, not only were they the new and improved awesome ponys, and toy's that are show accurate, but they were the size of the TANKS!

But seriously, that is Win. And I'd never though I'd say that to a Lich. Like, ever.

And regarding Anthro Luna, not normally my tastes but I'd make an exception for that in a heartbeat!
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #389

Guys. Guys I have to get a shot.
    T_T I don't wanna shot. I don't wanna....
    *bawls*

To make this post more pony friendly:
    I wonder if the ponies have a shot? Like a flu shot or a shot to numb pain?
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-05 at 05:44 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    (pats gently on skull from behind)
    I'll get you one day.

(hugs Braz extensively)
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-10-05 at 05:33 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.