New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Mianmi, Above Demiourgia
    The Tenders, first of the Fae, were cast in lot upon the land, there to perform their duty of nurture and growth of the life by means of their music. There was ethereal strummings and high whispering voices in the treetops, eerie piping in canyons and wide plains, and bass and drums in the deeps. Above it all, Mianmi reveled in the new sounds that came to be. The spread of music was nectar to her, and her power grew, and she watched the world with great interest.

But as she hummed to this growing world, and heard the sounds of the newly born, she wondered why the world did not answer back as it should. She bent her head close to listen, and lo, it was as if the very flora of the land cried out, and was muffled. With a soft whisper of deific power, it came that some plants were now able to sing back. Effects on the sanity of any living creatures in the area has not yet been quantified.

Life thrived, and the world spun. The Tenders below grew in number, those whose lives were given in service to allowing life to thrive, by means of their song. While the Fae were first among their number, they were not exclusive in their ranks. Any others who would dedicate their life to the upholding of the song, wherever the beat might take them, would be welcome. The Verse must spread and be sung and played.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 11 - 3 (Raise DR: 6->7) = 8

Actions to raise DR: 1 (Nourishment) + 2 (Create Populace) + 1 (Teach Concept) = 4

AP 8 - 1 (Create Subrace: Singing Flora) - 2 (Create Organization: Song Tenders of Life) = 5

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ikino & Ignus
    The Burning Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Space Lawyer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So that was what the tiny sparks were, the children of Ignus. "I have no children, Flame-Haired Queen. Perhaps. . . I should have them. I cannot be everywhere the darkness resides. There is much to be done though, and my children will have to be hearty and strong. They must be bold and industrious. Yes. . ."

As Ikino spoke, the volcanos in the Challenge Mountains churned. Beings in the shape of Ignus, their inspiration, pull themselves from the magma, crawling along, slowly hardening until they are able to stand. In front of Ikino and Ignus, a globule of magma, drawn from Ikino's holy mountain itself, stretches and groans. The new being picks itself up, standing before its god. As the magma cools, the being takes on color and form. Squat and solid, its crimson hair emerged first. Bright red eyes were set into blunt features. Muscles rippled beneath obsidian-black skin.

"These will be my children. I will call them. . . dwarves. Smaller than the forms of yourself and others, yet mighty nonetheless. This one shall be their prophet and king."

The naked dwarf, full of fury and savagery, looked to Ikino, a snarl forming on the little mortal's lips. A finger of divine fire lashes out, striking the dwarf on the brow. Cracks appear in the dwarfs skin, the light of the earth's fire pouring from them, before sealing themselves again in an arcane pattern. When the dwarf opened his eyes again, they were solid orbs of red-gold. He gazed upon Ikino and Ignus. "I am Surtur, and I live to serve you, my divine masters."

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    5-2 = 3 Create Populace - Dwarves. Will be outline further OOC.
    3-0 = 3 Mark Mortal - Surtur, First King and Prophet of the Dwarves
    Ignus stares at the dwarf, which is obviously larger than herself with mild curiosity. And perhaps some small manner of distaste at the raw negativity of the being.
    "You should perhaps temper their spirit? Their nature seems unfortunately destructive..." She pokes and prods it, as though never having seen a thing of pure form before. "Do they all speak, or only this one?"

She watches as her people begin wandering into the city, curiosity mixed with awe. "They do not yet know what this is." She stamps a rune into the air with her hammer, by striking it. Small flames curl out from whence the air was momentarily solid.

Liquid metal runs in rivulets down from the mountains forming pools at their base.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 1, (3-2)
    1 AP Teach Populace: Construction: road, roof, wall, door, window. City, Village. Home and Hearth.
    1 AP Teach Populace: Creation: The art of making: smithing, woodcutting, weaving, cooking, Glass Blowing etc.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-04 at 01:42 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Bahamut, Tiamat, and Deimos - Demiourgia

Deimos locked gazes with Bahamut, bowing his head out of respect. "I am Deimos, Dragon of the Long Night. I hatched in a dark place, far from here. All I know is that a being calling itself Kyre claims to have received my egg as an offering from a being it called 'Ikino'. My birth was hard, and I realize that I look nothing like you or the rest of our kin, but I am a Dragon." He speaks firmly, not backing down. His left hand is on his hip, near his axe. Should anything go wrong, he would fight as best he could.

"He did what?"
    roars Bahamut in anger over the thought that one of his kin was given as an offering "Then Ikino shall have to answer for this outrage!" It was one thing to have an egg lost. He could understand why some would try to steal one of the dragon's eggs. But to willingly give up kin? Bahamut looks at Deimos, taking deep breaths as he begins to calm down and compose himself.

"But you are not at fault here... and it is I that have failed you, for I was tasked to guard over you." he says as he closes his eyes "Perhaps you may not physically resemble a Dragon does not mean that you are not a Dragon at heart. That though, remains to be seen." the earth cracks under the dragon's claws. He had calmed down considerably, yet he was still angry "I shall offer you a boon. Consider it not an act of pity, but one to sooth my soul an conscience." Bahamut waits to see Demos' reaction.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

"He did what?"
    roars Bahamut in anger over the thought that one of his kin was given as an offering "Then Ikino shall have to answer for this outrage!" It was one thing to have an egg lost. He could understand why some would try to steal one of the dragon's eggs. But to willingly give up kin? Bahamut looks at Deimos, taking deep breaths as he begins to calm down and compose himself.

"But you are not at fault here... and it is I that have failed you, for I was tasked to guard over you." he says as he closes his eyes "Perhaps you may not physically resemble a Dragon does not mean that you are not a Dragon at heart. That though, remains to be seen." the earth cracks under the dragon's claws. He had calmed down considerably, yet he was still angry "I shall offer you a boon. Consider it not an act of pity, but one to sooth my soul an conscience." Bahamut waits to see Demos' reaction.
    Deimos eyes the Dragon King up and down, weighing his words and behaviours. Bahamut, it seemed, was not entirely a being of pride and wrath. Deimos took his hand off his axe, shaking his head. "You owe me nothing, King of Dragons." He spoke, the look of wariness on his face turning to one of understanding. "You could not have anticipated one of your own taking me, let alone offering me to Kyre. He did what he did in the pursuit of peace."

Deimos bowed his head to Bahamut. "My birth stripped me of wings, scales, claws, fang, and even my breath. It could not strip me of my unbreakable will. It is my will that has driven me to travel from the edges of a realm draped in shadow, to the lush foliage of the Child of Pernieth, across the black waves of the ocean, through the forests and plains of Demiourgia, and along the cliffs and ridges of the Challenge Mountains. I have come here because I am courageous, because even without scales and fangs and wings, I am strong." He pauses. "If you are still insistent on giving me a boon, then I want for but one thing. I ask for your friendship and cooperation in my quest to learn and grow."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-04 at 07:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino & Ignus
    The Burning Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    "You should perhaps temper their spirit? Their nature seems unfortunately destructive..." She pokes and prods it, as though never having seen a thing of pure form before. "Do they all speak, or only this one?"
    "Fierce, yes, but not necessarily destructive. Of course they all speak. They could achieve little unable to communicate with one another."

The dwarf, meanwhile, has taken to wandering around the city. He gazes around, his keen mind taking it in.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

6. - Top - End - #126

Ikino & Ignus
    The Burning Lands

"Fierce, yes, but not necessarily destructive. Of course they all speak. They could achieve little unable to communicate with one another."

The dwarf, meanwhile, has taken to wandering around the city. He gazes around, his keen mind taking it in.
    Ignus follows the Dwarf, watching him in mild amusement as her people begin organizing themselves in the city, and journeying out into the jungle for supplies to stock in order to prepare the place for habitation. Clay comes first, as they attempt to create pottery. She stops and watches for a moment. A quiet laugh escapes her lips, pride and joy, most likely. She then continues following the Dwarf. Her head swiveling as she takes in the tumult she has created. "I hope the others that came up with me will find this place as much to their enjoyment as have I." She speaks to the Dwarf. "Would you like to learn to harness fire, and the art of making?"
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-04 at 11:25 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

7. - Top - End - #127
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag, the Challenge Mountains

travelling like a spider, though secret underground passages and tunnels, Neiag made a discovery. New race has been walking these lands. Creations of Ikino, these so-called Dwarves were phenomenal. And yet Neiag found himself torn inside. On the one hand he felt almost childlish excitement at the perspectives this opened before him. On the other, he felt a sting of jealousy, which has been eating him from the inside. "Look at them", he thought to himself, they aren't really so great. I could create much better civilisation if I only wanted to. Like them, but closer to the Dragons themselves!"
    And before he even finished speaking, he already run deeper into caves below those dwarves inhabitated. And then, from fire and night he made his own people.
    They were roughly the same size as dwarves, but skinnier, covered in scales and more primal. They had tails and claws and lizard-like faces full of teeth. They saw in the dark as it was a day and flame and passion burned within them.
    So Neiag named them Kobolds. Ad he sat with them i nthe darkness and he taught them the ways of living deep underground, of surviving in the dark, he taught them magic and hunting and how to shape rock, lava and metal. He taught them the way of the Clans and chosen the six of them and each one he gave his mark, announcing them First Clan Leader. So became the clan of the Claw, and the clan of the Teeth and the clan of the Tail who were warriors and hunters. So became the clan of the Flame and the clan of the Metal who held secrets of crafts and magic. And so became the Clan of Word, who were the chronoliclers and they keept the stories because Neiag taught them the power of word and how to write it down. And they were ruling over other clans because they decided how the history will remeber them.

Then Neiag went away into the dark corridors and as he passed, various worms and insects and arachnids felt from his cloak in great numbers. And they were growing and they were fighting and hunting each other and mutating. They were to be the threats to his people, but were also their food. Kobolds will learn how to hunt them and live. Or they will learn to fear the dark in which such things reside.

And then Neiag walked above and walked long way, spreading his monsters aroudn the world until he stepepd into the land where Ikino was.

"Ikino, whom I call my brother. I saw your creations and find them impressive. However, some of your decisions I've found questionable. So I tried my own alternative, deeper under the ground. I hope you won't hold an ill will towards me for this but bless them and allow me to bless your own children."
    Spoiler: AP
    Show

11 AP
    -2 Create Populace: Kobolds
    -2 Create Organization: Six Clans
    - 1 Create Concet: Shaping Magic. Magic that is subtype of one based on Elements but limited only to fire and earth and how to mold them and reshape from rock to lava, from lava to metal.
    -1 Teach Populace: Deep Underground Civilization (Shaping Magic, Written Word, survival underground)
    -2 Create Populace: Giant Insects, Worms & Arachnids
    = 3
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2015-02-04 at 12:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Deimos eyes the Dragon King up and down, weighing his words and behaviours. Bahamut, it seemed, was not entirely a being of pride and wrath. Deimos took his hand off his axe, shaking his head. "You owe me nothing, King of Dragons." He spoke, the look of wariness on his face turning to one of understanding. "You could not have anticipated one of your own taking me, let alone offering me to Kyre. He did what he did in the pursuit of peace."

Deimos bowed his head to Bahamut. "My birth stripped me of wings, scales, claws, fang, and even my breath. It could not strip me of my unbreakable will. It is my will that has driven me to travel from the edges of a realm draped in shadow, to the lush foliage of the Child of Pernieth, across the black waves of the ocean, through the forests and plains of Demiourgia, and along the cliffs and ridges of the Challenge Mountains. I have come here because I am courageous, because even without scales and fangs and wings, I am strong." He pauses. "If you are still insistent on giving me a boon, then I want for but one thing. I ask for your friendship and cooperation in my quest to learn and grow."

"Very well. My friendship and cooperation I shall bestow upon you. The day shall come, that just as our Mother created the Dragons, so too shall you create mortals of your own, for in your veins flows the blood of Creation. When that day comes, seek me out and I shall teach you, and you shall grow."

With that, Bahamut spreads his wings and takes to the skies "I must go confront my reckless brother. My the Mother's eyes watch over you." leaving Deimos behind.

"That went a whole lot better than I expected!"
    seems Bahamut hadn't left Deimos alone, as Tiamat approaches Deimos, quite pleased with having managed to humble her elder brother. "Now then, you did say that you wish to see Dragons? Naturally my Eldestr Brother and I are... not exactly your every day Dragon."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well. My friendship and cooperation I shall bestow upon you. The day shall come, that just as our Mother created the Dragons, so too shall you create mortals of your own, for in your veins flows the blood of Creation. When that day comes, seek me out and I shall teach you, and you shall grow."

With that, Bahamut spreads his wings and takes to the skies "I must go confront my reckless brother. My the Mother's eyes watch over you." leaving Deimos behind.

"That went a whole lot better than I expected!"
    seems Bahamut hadn't left Deimos alone, as Tiamat approaches Deimos, quite pleased with having managed to humble her elder brother. "Now then, you did say that you wish to see Dragons? Naturally my Eldestr Brother and I are... not exactly your every day Dragon."
    Deimos watched Bahamut fly off, admiring his powerful wings. He had to admit, he envied the other Dragons. He regretted being unable to fly, to breath flame and power as they could. Shaking his head, he turned to Tiamat. "To be fair, neither am I." He said, letting out a few laughs. "I think it went well, though what did he mean 'in my veins flows the blood of Creation'? It's a bit vague, don't you think?" Shrugging, he sighed. "Ah well. I would love to meet more of our brothers, and if you would help me find them I would be doubly in your debt." Surely that would entice Tiamat to help him, she seemed the type to like having something over another person. It's not like it could hurt to owe his sister, could it?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino and Neiag
    The Burning Lands
    Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    "Ikino, whom I call my brother. I saw your creations and find them impressive. However, some of your decisions I've found questionable. So I tried my own alternative, deeper under the ground. I hope you won't hold an ill will towards me for this but bless them and allow me to bless your own children."
    Ikino ponders Neiag's words. What flaw could Neiag have found with the dwarves? Was he calling them wrong in some way? No, Neiag would not do that. He had sworn an oath of kinship with Ikino, he would not do such a thing. "I do not know what decision of mine you find so questionable, but I will let you keep your own council on that matter. I would be glad for my children to accept your blessing. The first and foremost of my own now walks beside one who calls herself Ignus, like us but of tiny stature. He will bring her arts to our people, and will speak of our desires to them when we cannot."

Ignus and Surtur
    The Burning Lands
    "Would you like to learn to harness fire, and the art of making?"
    Surtur looks around at the genasi, and envies their skill. He eagerly nods in agreement at Ignus' offer. "Yes, goddess. Please, let me learn the secrets you have given to your people. I wish to bring them to my own people, so that we may spread the glory of my father, yourself, and others like you."

Discord Tag #4097

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

The cosmic mother slumbers deep in the void. Her creations flourished without her, under the care of the other gods. The cosmic mother was unaware of the time passing. Centuries had passed since she began to slumber. The cosmic mother shifted lazily in her sleep, a simple flutter of her great wings. A simple flutter with great consequences. For as the cosmic mother fluttered, she was born. A being of pure creation. Yggdrasil was born, without a given name, she simply knew who she was. She knew what she was, the goddess of life. Yggdrasil gazed out upon the void, searching out life. She could only sense death. Death had arisen before her, thus she must hasten to the world for only life could challenge death.

She took a step forward, away from the cosmic mother. As she cleared her creators vicinity she whipped an arm through the vast expanse of nothingness. The motion spun Yggdrasil lightly and with the came her clothes. She wore a simple outfit of purple, trimmed in silver. She was not one for ornate dressings and weapons. She began her slow, methodical walk towards death. She felt that the world must be near death. Life would need a mother to care for it. She would be their mother. She looked back at her own mother. "You are the mother of the cosmos. I shall be the mother of the life in it. My children relying on yours for life, as I relied on you."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag, Burning Lands

"Oh nothing particurally bad, I just thought they would be more interesting if you would add a bit of the Dragon aspect to them, that's all. So I created my own people to be a bit more draconic. Through I didn't made them related to the Dragons per se" Neiag explained. "But as for your children, I'll grant them a small gift. You have nature of a warrior and I guess they will take after you. As such they will need thinkerers and inventors. So I shall grant it to them. Let the greatest minds in history come for the Dwarves, let other races look upon them as wise and innovative."

Spoiler: AP
    Show

- 1 Nourishment: Give Dwarves natural better affinity and understanding of technology and science than other races.
    = 2

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Deimos watched Bahamut fly off, admiring his powerful wings. He had to admit, he envied the other Dragons. He regretted being unable to fly, to breath flame and power as they could. Shaking his head, he turned to Tiamat. "To be fair, neither am I." He said, letting out a few laughs. "I think it went well, though what did he mean 'in my veins flows the blood of Creation'? It's a bit vague, don't you think?" Shrugging, he sighed. "Ah well. I would love to meet more of our brothers, and if you would help me find them I would be doubly in your debt." Surely that would entice Tiamat to help him, she seemed the type to like having something over another person. It's not like it could hurt to owe his sister, could it?

"Creation... Destruction.... Elements. The Stars... the Future... the World. All our divine lines stem from one of these three whose names I shall not utter in vain. The Dragons look to the stars, for we are creatures of Creation, made and charged by our Mother to guard this world and all who dwell upon it."

Tiamat eyes Deimos. "You wish to see Dragons? Very well, but first I wish you to indulge me. The one who took you... this god of Death... tell me about him."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

"Creation... Destruction.... Elements. The Stars... the Future... the World. All our divine lines stem from one of these three whose names I shall not utter in vain. The Dragons look to the stars, for we are creatures of Creation, made and charged by our Mother to guard this world and all who dwell upon it."

Tiamat eyes Deimos. "You wish to see Dragons? Very well, but first I wish you to indulge me. The one who took you... this god of Death... tell me about him."
    Deimos nods, mulling the idea over. It made sense. Bahamut was affirming his claim of Dragonhood. A small victory, he reasoned, but an important one. He looked to Tiamat. "The being calling itself Kyre is one of darkness. He dwells in a realm of shadows, a place separate from this world." He paused, trying to recall every last detail. "I was not in his presence long, but he explained that his touch causes death, and that my current state was an accident on his part. He cloaked my egg in shadow and cast it to the edges of his realm in an effort to spare my life. How much of that I believe is unsure, but he does not seem to wish ill upon us."

Deimos sits on a nearby rock, clasping his hands. "I'm afraid I know little else of 'Death', though I met another god during my journeys. A being of life and unbridled vegetation. Pernieth, he called himself. If you've seen the massive tree many weeks travel to the east, that is his handiwork, his child." He fiddled with his clothing, little more than hides stitched together with sinew. "He is a good sort, friendly, so long as you don't desecrate his domain. He is the reason I'm on this world, rather than drudging along inside the realm of shadows." Deimos chuckles. "If you go to visit him, just be sure not to burn down his plant life. That's the one rule he gave me if I were to bring visitors back when I return to him."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Sleepless Citadel - The Black Praetor and Mother Matron Elev Nosh.

The Matron falls down on her face, bloody tears pooling around her crown. For what seemed hours she was consumed by the emotional turmoil till she pulled herself up. Standing before the Black Praetor she bowed.

"I thank you, Praetor. The Visionary will perfect this Nightmare."

The Matron's voice trembled at the thought of her Master perfecting what she felt still washing over her. With that said, she turned away and went back to her Master.

The Void, The Visionary, Mother Matron Elev Nosh, Jin Xau'Hal

Matron Nosh made great strides to controlling herself as she returned to the Visionary his metallic streets now filled with swaying First Engines pulling parts from the city to add to their own mass. Jin Xau'Hal was now almost twice his original size while he clicked at Matron Nosh his body scraped against itself a metallic tone to greet her. Matron Nosh nodded to her brother then addressed her master and creator.

"Great Creator, I have succeed. I found a force able to bring even perfection to it's face."

The Visionary's voice echoed through the city.

"Where is this mighty creature? I will perfect it."

The Matron suddenly gives into her fragile emotional state, she had failed her creator again.

"Oh. Nightmare is not a mighty creature, but a force. My master do not punish me! I have suffered greatly to bring you nightmares!"

The city trembled and moved two massive cords connected to the Mother Matron's crown. The Visionary did not speak, but pulled the nightmare from his Avatar. The machines of the great city worked and churned. First Engines moving into the factory to add form to the new perfection. A great door opened and exiting was the new perfection. The perfection moved forward as a hybrid of metal and flesh. Each of them vaguely like the Matron Mother herself. The notable differences being a pair of red streaks down their metallic faces, and a false eye placed in the middle. This creature moves to Mother Nosh and stares, she feels it's sight upon her and falls again, in her mind she can hear it whisper telling her failings. The weight causes her to fall down again.

"Master! Please! Do not make me lead these creatures! I will find something greater! I cannot bear to have them near me."

Her mask loosens and screams can be heard throughout the city. The city pulls the Nightmare Engine back from the Matron, and The Visionary speaks again,

"Very well, Matron Mother, do not fail again. I will create another to lead the Nightmare Engines."

The Visionary once again moved into working on a new Avatar after hours of hissing and clanging of the great city's factory. A few hours pass, and the Matron recollects herself, she wonders if she should bring any creatures to her Master. Perfection was a noble pursue, but some things should never become perfect. She would have to keep this in mind for future offerings, something that causes so much harm could bring harm on all.

Again, the factory doors opened, the skittering of hundreds of legs and an oozing black oil exited, at the heart of the oil a graceful feminine form almost identical to the Matron Mother's emerges. Her body made of the black oil, and her crowning mask pitch black and covered by blinking red eyes.

"This is Dred Olg. She will lead the Nightmare Engines in my name."

Dred Olg moved to Matron Mother Elev Nosh leaning to her, her eyes opened and staring. She spoke with a harsh tone.

"So, this is what was taken as perfection before me. Pathetic. Our master was correct in letting me lead the most powerful Engines."

Nosh could not handle this anymore, she left to do her work on the world. Looking once again for the most powerful creature. Something that would not damage all things in it's creature and deployment.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 - 1 Create Subrace (Nightmare Engines) - 3 Create Avatar Dred Olg = 1

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

16. - Top - End - #136

Ignus and Surtur
    The Burning Lands

Surtur looks around at the genasi, and envies their skill. He eagerly nods in agreement at Ignus' offer. "Yes, goddess. Please, let me learn the secrets you have given to your people. I wish to bring them to my own people, so that we may spread the glory of my father, yourself, and others like you."
    "Then stay, and learn from them. I am sure they will not turn you away, be careful though, lest they get excited in their curiosity, and burn you by accident." She watches as they begin bringing in wood in vast amounts. Her hand grips the dwarf's upper arm, and she steps them out of the way, appearing on a low roof nearby, the better to watch. "Shall we see what we can find?"

Still gripping him she steps again, this time into a carpentry shop. The Carpenters, or at least the people learning the skillset, stand using apparently carefully crafted stone and ceramic tools. Softer metals have recently begun to see their use, but metals are more difficult to learn to work than glass and clay and stone and wood.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-04 at 08:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #137

OldWizardGuy

Mond, The World, The Belly of the Beast

Spoiler: Animal experiences
    Show

Life … Rest now. Yes. Rest.
    … Hunger. Eat! Must eat.. Mm.
    Food! … Delicious! Gone… Am cold. … Still cold…
    Rest. Sleep. Yes. … Awake. Hunger!
    ---
    Hunt. Scavenge. Eat. Survive…
    What? Ground shaking? Hm.
    Wet! Must swim! Survive!
    Must swim. Land?
    Where land?
    Help? …
    Tired… No sleep. No! … No-no-no-no-

But the onslaught of the currents was too much for the small quadruped, the waves too strong to fight against. The little animal kicked and kicked, and called and called but eventually, it gave up and surrendered to the infinite blue ocean, ready to perish and to return to the Shepherd, the being that offered it life.
    But the little animal did not experience death. The insignificant beast would have been shocked, surprised at this revelation, if it were not unconscious. In truth, the furry creature did sleep a slumber most deep, and yet breathed deeply and was not smothered by the oily waters of the world. There, in floating suspension, in a kind of stasis, did the creature dream many dreams. Wonderful dreams of eating their fill of delicious grasses, insects and nutritious meats. Beautiful dreams of animals with rather fine hind-quarters. Dreams of running and playing, just like they did when they were but children. Still, the animal floated on.

While time is abstract and arbitrary in dreams, in reality, it is not. Little did the creature know, it was hastily approaching its true destination: The Great Descent. A thundering, tremendous waterfall which signifies the end of the world. Forsaken by the Shepard, and by the mysterious oceans – the insignificant beast fell, still very much fast asleep.
    It kept falling.

The feeling of inertia and force woke the animal, but it did not have time to react as it smashed violently onto the rocks. Viscera were strewn from the poor thing as it felt an immense and deadly pain rush through its body. With its last breath, it tried to move to its salvation, a place of comfort in those desperate, adrenalin filled moments. It rolled from the rocky perch and it fell once again.

The feeling of a cold wind and an intense shadow approached the beast as blackness descended on all of the senses of the small animal. The growing darkness came, and then, curiously, went back once again. The darkness approached more decidedly, but could not fully complete its task. With all of its might, the animal opened a single eye.

The eye did not see rocks. The eye opened and saw orange, a viscous, ooze-like orange, that felt extremely hot and unpleasant to the touch. Slimy, sticky, it smothered the poor creature, soaking into its eyes, its nostrils, its wounds and choking it painfully. This uncaring, crushing caress carried emotions: anguish, frustration and all things negative, angry, red and full of bitter hate. These emotions were moving and powerful, and they were not the creatures own. They were that of something far more powerful, more profound. These feelings overcame the mind of the animal, the thoughts caught in an echo-chamber.

The mighty quasi-liquid pushed, pulled and crushed the small creature. Its bone and flesh roiled similarly to that of flour under a rolling pin. Yet still, the creature did not perish. The creature, in fact was reformed, morphed from the shape it once was. Powerful muscles formed around bones that seemed to heal pleasantly without due time, without due reason. The creature’s bone structure snapped painlessly to form two clear arms and legs, but most importantly, the creature was granted a conscious, intelligent mind.

When the momentous event ceased, the newly formed mammal lay suspended in a fetal position, forming his first thoughts patiently. A name, a personality, aspirations... The substance surrounding them felt warm, comforting, like a parent’s embrace. This soon began to change, however. The temperature of the orange ooze began to rise sharply with apparent rage and frustration.

Erupting into conscious life, the creature immediately knew the mortal risk of staying in his current resting place, and swam desperately upwards towards the direction of salvation. The liquid soon revealed itself to be smooth, intensely hot lava – that peeled the skin and flesh from bone, eyes and teeth from their sockets. Yet he continued upwards. Breaching the surface with a great gasp, he pulled himself up onto the rocks of the cliff surrounding a great waterfall. The wolfish walker did not have time for respite, however, as great bubbles of liquid molten rock began to burst and splash onto his skin painfully, the lava seeming to chase our unfortunate creature continually up and out. It was if the environment was uncaring, trying to shoo away an irritant.

From lava to the crashing and crushing water, with great strength the creature ascended the Great Descent, climbing away from that hellish place. The ascent was slow as the climb was treacherous; yet the creature was relieved to find his stamina was relentless, his wounds healed in a moment miraculously.
    No cliff too high to scale, no sea too large to swim thanks to a divinely perfected physique, our creature clambered and crawled his way onto the salvation of the cooling sands. He breathed heavily, relieved to be alive, as it felt the waves gently run up and down around its large furred body.

While he lay, he thought about the event of his creation, and all of the emotions - not his, but those that came from elsewhere.

All of the infinite and incomprehensible rage and deadly fury of the world is very much real.
    The creature leaned up from its spot and released an almighty wail, a wail that took the form of a howl, one that seemed to shake the ground and echo and bounce across the land. Flocks of birds leapt and fled from the area in recognition.

This moment over, the creature stood, saddened. It did not mean to shake the ground; it did not mean to scare the animals. Rage and anger must be controlled, for its power both terrible and great.
    “I am from the world but I will not succumb. I will try to help.”
    And with this, Mond looked to the sky, he looked into the vast and endless void, and his eyes glinted with the spark of an idea.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Playground

A rare event occurred above the skies of the Playground, for Phos, the mighty Sun which all mortal races knew was the world's source of light began to gradually set. Pulled by Zalsaram's immense gravity, it was now Phos' turn to keep a hateful watch over the Enemy of All. As Phos dipped under the Western horizon, from the East, slowly rose Oussia.

But where Phos was red and malicious which brought in the cold chill of winter, the light which Oussia gave was white and soothing. Slowly but surely the winter snow began to melt across the Playground as warm weather and fair winds embraced the entire world, ushering an age of plenty and prosperity. The First Summer.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Oussia's Charge: Nourishment: Summer has arrived throughout the entire Playground.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-05 at 01:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    The Sleepless Citadel
    Again, the factory doors opened, the skittering of hundreds of legs and an oozing black oil exited, at the heart of the oil a graceful feminine form almost identical to the Matron Mother's emerges. Her body made of the black oil, and her crowning mask pitch black and covered by blinking red eyes.

"This is Dred Olg. She will lead the Nightmare Engines in my name."

Dred Olg moved to Matron Mother Elev Nosh leaning to her, her eyes opened and staring. She spoke with a harsh tone.

"So, this is what was taken as perfection before me. Pathetic. Our master was correct in letting me lead the most powerful Engines."

Nosh could not handle this anymore, she left to do her work on the world. Looking once again for the most powerful creature. Something that would not damage all things in it's creature and deployment.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 - 1 Create Subrace (Nightmare Engines) - 3 Create Avatar Dred Olg = 1
    As Matron Mother Elev Nosh left the Citadel another figure walked from the factory doors behind his twin. Something that was not intended

"Perfection's a funny thing sister." The figure, dripping in the black oil of his womb, walked next to Dred Olg. He studied the world, the bound titan who unwillingly served The Chase.

"For example, you hadn't even left our birth chamber before I formed. Because the Need was unfulfilled in you. Does this not indicate that perfection is not a static achievement, one that can be forgotten once achieved, but an ever-changing goal to be pursued?"

His features were a precursor, a creature from one of the nightmares suffered by Matron Mother Elev Nosh, creatures that assaulted the Heavens, creatures that achieve godhood. His features were of a creature from one of the Ocean's true dreams tinged with a fear that needn't pass.

Not taking his eyes from the world, The Pursuer grinned, "Of course, I'm barely formed, what wisdom can I claim to possess?"

He stopped grinning, lost in thought, "Hrm, so much potential on such a vile creature. It's a tragedy."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Void, Dred Olg

"Perfection cannot change further, it is perfect. If you were to change it, it would stop being perfection. Hence, you are incorrect. The Visionary is the only being that knows what perfection is, hence our endless quest to find it."

In the hand of the abomination Dred Olg a glass of dripping black oil appeared, the creature took a sip before returning to it's speech.

"You blaspheme our master, child. You should be careful of such activities near our brother Jin. If you wish to continue such ways, I would suggest you do so nearer to the bile that spews forth from the world."

Dred Olg watches the world change from winter to summer, and grins taking another sip from it's glass.

"All is going according to The Visionary's prophecy. Perfection will be achieved, and the two others will be discarded."

Dred Olg watches the world, now silent.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Ignus and Surtur
    The Burning Lands

"Then stay, and learn from them. I am sure they will not turn you away, be careful though, lest they get excited in their curiosity, and burn you by accident." She watches as they begin bringing in wood in vast amounts. Her hand grips the dwarf's upper arm, and she steps them out of the way, appearing on a low roof nearby, the better to watch. "Shall we see what we can find?"

Still gripping him she steps again, this time into a carpentry shop. The Carpenters, or at least the people learning the skillset, stand using apparently carefully crafted stone and ceramic tools. Softer metals have recently begun to see their use, but metals are more difficult to learn to work than glass and clay and stone and wood.
    "I have no fear of being burned. My body was formed from magma, and my soul by Ikino's divine fire. Still, I thank you for your concern."

Surtur observes the carpenters for a time, then goes to pick up a spare set of tools. "I think I understand." He copies the skills demonstrated by genasi, quickly and confidently whittling away at the wood. The figure he produces is crude, but recognizable. It is Ignus and Ikino, back to back, with Ikino's body of flame formed from Ignus' hair. "Ikino has given me life, and you have given me skill."

Ikino and Neiag
    The Burning Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    "But as for your children, I'll grant them a small gift. You have nature of a warrior and I guess they will take after you. As such they will need thinkerers and inventors. So I shall grant it to them. Let the greatest minds in history come for the Dwarves, let other races look upon them as wise and innovative."
    "To your children, I will grant a portion of your stories. They will have the skill to both find and weave tales like no others. Ikino thinks for a moment. "Both of our children will need to record what they learned and created. Their lives are finite, and they have little way of keeping their hard-won knowledge. Let them put words into physical form, to be recorded for as long as needed."

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    3+3 = 6 Rollover
    6 - 2= 4Gain portfolio - Earth, Earth domain
    4 - 1 = 3Nourishment - Kobolds are the greatest storytellers the world will see. Their actors, painters, novelists, etc., will be a cut above all others. Moreover, others will be inclined to tell their stories to the kobolds, for the kobolds will always understand, and they will retell it the best.
    3 - 1 = 2Teach Populace - Dwarves and Kobolds have been given the gift of writing. Surtur will likely spread this gift to the genasi soon.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-02-05 at 03:36 PM.

Discord Tag #4097

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiamat, Deimos - The Challenge Mountains

Deimos smiles, looking at the sky. It comforted him, more than most things did. Finally, he looked to Tiamat. "I've spent enough time here, sister. If you need me, I'm sure you can find me." He stood up, stretching his limbs. Deimos looked to the South, nodded to Tiamat, and began to leave. His mind wandered to Pernieth and the First Tree, and to the words of Bahamut. The Blood of Creation flows through my veins. He thought, contemplating the words as he walked. Perhaps it meant more than a confirmation of lineage, but what else could it mean? Surely he was not a god.

Deimos stopped before a pond in the midst of a forest, staring into it. He was ragged and weathered, but he had not felt tired for his whole life. He extended his hand, reaching out to the pool. Create. He thought, concentrating on turning the water into something else. The air fogged up as the temperature plummeted and the pond froze solid. Deimos's eyes widened, and a smile crept across his face. This changes everthing.

24. - Top - End - #144

The Void, Helfarch

The Pursuer laughs at the mention of their brother. "Would I fear destruction, I'd be unworthy of the Chase and no son of The Visionary!"

He continues smiling apparently somewhat satisfied with her answer, save for a single flaw that he could not name, a flaw he was not so sure he really saw. "I suppose there's a slight disagreement between myself and our father then. Ah, it is of no moment, the Chase will likely contain hundreds of discarded notions and if I am but one more that inches us forward I am satisfied."

The last of the black oil fell from his frame as he waved to his sister, "Fare thee well, I'd love to stay longer, but I must be going, I'll be late otherwise."

With that Helfarch left the Citadel.

The Apex of The World

Sitting atop the largest mountain, the mountain the bound titan had used to strike out at the other gods, Helfarch looked over Demiurgia, lost in thought. He remained that way for a few minutes, still as a statue at the highest point in the world merely watching the mortal races. Until an Eagle, flying higher than any other Eagle before him, landed upon the peak. It balked at the creature before it.

"What are you doing here?!" The Eagle demanded, before reeling in surprise that the screech had turned to speech.

Helfarch looked at the eagle and smiled, "Waiting for you of course, you're late by the by."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mark the Chosen (Ulric the Eagle)- Ulric is an Eagle of fantastic virtues, among which are immortality, speech, preternatural speed, and prodigious endurance all gained from Helfarch. He serves as the Pursuers companion, scout, and friend. The two are rarely seen without the other. Before meeting Helfarch Ulric was just an eagle, with an uncommon pair of lungs. He was able to fly much higher than any other Eagle, disdaining crags for the peaks of mountains, and eventually attempted to mount the Apex of The World and claim it as his roost.

Helfarch, amazed at the creature, decided to make him his companion.

Ending AP: 15
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

The World

Zalsaram turns with the passing of an age. Breathing ever so slowly with its eyes closed and maw gritting its contents at another eon of imprisonment.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    13 AP
    3 AP- Gain Domain: Earth (2 AP Create Land: The Apex of the World & 3 AP Create Artifact: The Heart of Zalsaram)
    2 AP - Gain Portfolio: Calamities.
    3- Gain Domain: Fire (2 AP Create Race: Elementals & 3 AP Create Plane: The Belly of the Beast)
    2 AP - Gain Portfolio: Fury.

3 AP leave.

Mezzetheran Waters

What is an elemental. A spirit without shape that seeks elements to haunt and to make itself a body. Who would believe that even those vile things of the world must sleep and dream. Few would think there is any rest for beings so wicked.

But there is. And those shapeless spirits that dream of Zalsaram's daughter are compelled to seek her and drink of her waters, delving into the prismatic oil and making it part of themselves and themselves part of it in turn. Fluid creatures take shapes of their fancy that aid them in moving beneath the waves and taking the due of a distant parent in dominion upon the world.

Spoiler: More actions
    Show
    3 AP
    1 AP - Create Subrace: Mezzetheran Elementals. Other elementals dredge themselves from the elements of Zalsaram in the World at large or in the Belly of the Beast, but some are tied to its daughter Mezzethera. These are elementals of water, mud, coral and dream, as well of many other things found in the Sleeping Ocean.

2 Ap come out!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #146

Apex of the World-Helfarch & Ulric

They had talked for a long while, Helfarch and Ulric. Helfarch watching the world, Ulric perched on his shoulder. Both, simply seeing what became of the world. Ulric began to like Helfarch, despite the bastard's constant spacing out.

Then, Helfarch's ear perked up and he looked to his right. "And so they are made."

"What's made?" Ulric's eyes followed and he saw the two legged creatures Helfarch had referred to, "Eugh, ugly aren't they?"

"..."

"Not you boss, you make it look good."

"Hmph, I appreciate more than simple aesthetics." he closed his eyes.

The Pursuer focused his mind across the plains, to the minds of a singular fair-minded human. A human whose tribe was struggling more than the others.

To this human Helfarch sent a vision, a vision of a device capable of striking down prey from a distance. A device previously unheard of. In this man's dream, Helfarch taught him to make this unique instrument of death from the trunk of a specific tree, the sinew of a bison, and the fallen feathers of a bird.

He called this device a bow.

In time, it would be surpassed, but for now, it was a singular marvel, a thing which could either lift humanity to a golden age, or allow its wielder to conquer the world.

When Helfarch opened his eyes again Ulric had gotten bored with the humans and was watching the dwarves again. Helfarch stood, causing Ulric to jump off. "What's on your mind boss?"

"I'm just thinking I should make myself something... just in case."

Ulric didn't ask 'in case what?' He knew what, in case the gods decided to war.

Bending to the rock, Helfarch began to gather stone, knowing that simple wood would not suit a bow that he was to wield, he selected stone of varying virtue, some rigid, some soft and began to construct a bow that no mortal could hope to draw.

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Concept- Bowery, includes creation of the scout class. -1AP

Teach Populace (Humans)- Bowery, the knowledge of how to construct bows and arrows-1AP

Ending AP 13
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2015-02-05 at 05:10 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Israken had watched his creatures...they hadn't done much. Survived yes, but only that. Neither had them changed the way he thought they would. It wasn't that hard to see why

So, he know looks for the solution. His flight allowed him to see a new continent being born. In that continent he could feel the way towards what he wanted. The power flew in the rivers. Towards the portal. He lands and steps through it

Israken behaves as a dragon. This wasn't his territory, so he is respectful. The mists confuse him but he tries to be careful. Wings brushing the walls as he walks the castle, not doing much damage. He needs to walk slowly, but respect is the elder of convenience

Until at last, the throne room. Sitted, the Shepherd. Neither of the gods an avatar. Israken did not believe in avatars when speaking between gods was necessary.

He snarls, and breathes some fire. Not threatening. The greeting of a dragon

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Israken wasn't sure what he expected. This god probably didn't breath fire

"You are the Shepherd yes? The one who has created animals, and controls the golden deer. I am Israken. I come to you know, so that we may talk. First, a request made a long time ago. Your golden deer asked if your animals could walk the lands of the dragons. I will not speak for all my brothers and sisters, however, I will refuse to turn away any who reach my mountains. The Challenge Mountains belong to all those worthy of reaching them. Hence their name. Both a challenge, issued to the very world, and to now to all beings."

"Reach us and be welcome...no I confess, they were not created with that purpose, but now it seems rght. When I was first born, I did not understand, but that is what they mean yes. Accomplishment, accolades...yes, those should come from me. I should not bar anything from those things"

"Raaaargh. I come to speak and now I monologue. How dull. I have told you what I had to tell of the mountains and the presence of your creatures. Now I come with a request. Just as once you sent the animals to be hunted in Demiourgia, I ask that you send them to be hunted by the Craast. They are not what I envisioned. The Craast should continuously change. To become more like the dragons...or something else entirely. But for that, they will need more than I have given. They will need beings, who are their better at somethings. They must see wings so that they will wish to take the skies. They have none of those things. I isolated them to protect them as best as I could, yet almost doomed them to never fulfill their purpose. Raaargh!"

29. - Top - End - #149

OldWizardGuy

Mond, Demiourgia and the dawn of the first summer

Mond stood for a time contemplating the waters of the world, the beauty of the infinite Mezzethera. There was so much of the world to see and experience anew. The soothing white glow reflected pleasantly on the oily rainbow surface of the mystery deity of dreams. While pretty, Mond observed that the reflections of the sun could also be bright, harsh and painful. Upon the next logical leap; he looked directly at the sun, out of curiosity, and promptly shied away as his eyes began to become blind, burned and damp with tears.

Mond creased his mighty legs and sat for a time on the soft white sands, his feet being caressed by the lapping waves of the cool blue.
    If the sun is this bright, and this powerful, then what must The World be experiencing? The world must be in a state of blindness and intense pains throughout all of its days. I know this anguish first hand, I am born of it. I understand it. No, I have no choice, I must do something. A shield perhaps? Great, tremendous shields against the light of the suns? Perhaps this could work... Perhaps. Mond's wolfish face revealed a smile, a large canine grin. He stood, his large claws sinking into the wet sand, the gentle waves seemingly wanting to lure Mond towards the sea once again.

Before I act, I must see the realm, I must see if I can communicate with any others if they were to be found. I cannot be the only, surely?
    Mond looked around the horizon to survey the local geography. Mountains? A Giant Tree? What else? If there were only but a guide.
    With a nod, it was settled.
    To the mountains, for this plan will require a great deposit of stone, or at the very least, it shall grant as an ideal vantage point to see the next destination.
    Last edited by Wiz0rd; 2015-02-05 at 05:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth - The First Tree 4AP

Deimos had left some time ago to find his kin, and in his absence Pernieth had sunk back into inactivity, for a time. He left the care of the First Tree in the hands of Cassandra, who, having no one to speak with for there was no one who visited, mostly talked to the birds and the trees. The First Tree was not so inactive as her creator, and with each new land, she seeded it with her children, each suited for life in their new home. And when the new sun rose, the Trees rejoiced, for the weak and lonely light of Phos was nothing compared to its twin. And they feared less the Long Night of old, for under the light of Oussia, they had energy to spare. It would be the rising of Oussia that would spark what would come next, for a tree with more energy can speak faster, make its voice easier heard. And it did not take long for word of the attrocities to reach Pernieth's ears.

It was a sound unlike any the world had heard since Zalsaram had awoken for a moment. Pernieth roars in rage and betrayal, a roar that echoes around the entirety of the world in its ferocity. For Pernieth was, though he knew not, a son of the Visionary, for who the world would be destroyed and remade, and in Pernieth's being that Destruction held sway. Pernieth was coming.

Pernieth, The Dwarves - The Challenge Mountains

The trees around the Challenge Mountains grew strong and hardy. After all, theirs was the land of dragons, and they would need deep roots and strong bark to survive. They would need great resistance to changing elements. They had accomplished this in spades. Many failures, much destruction of their kin, but they had reached a steady balance. Until it was interrupted. Not by the dragons, of course. For all that their destructive potential was almost beyond measure, the dragons were creatures of honor, but more importantly, creation, and knew the balance of Nature needed preservation. Or so Pernieth believed, for it was not the dragons that raised his ire.

Dwarves.

Greedy, violent little creatures, living in their mountain caves. Pernieth did not mind their burrowing, such was a matter for Zalsaram, should he take offense at their intrusion. But they slaughtered his people to fuel their fires, carve their totems, make their tools. Of course, you say, that's what wood is for, and you are not wrong. But they gave no homage to the lives taken, honored not the forests they killed. Like all mortal races, they merely took and TOOK AND TOOK as though it was their right!

Pernieth would show them the cost of their arrogance.

There was no warning, no mercy. Dwarven woodcutters, chopping away at the forest grove, secure that there were no dragons about. "Break" The word was thunder, but pathetic, stupid creatures that the dwarves were, they did not know enough to fear. That would change. Perhaps they thought at first it was an accident when their foreman tripped on a root and broke his neck. He was the lucky one. Pernieth emerges from the forest, towering above the dwarves below, easily four times the tallest of them. For the dwarves, it would seem as though the forest itself had come to repay them for their transgressions, and in many ways, it had. Two die, crushed beneath Pernieth's rooted feet. Another is grabbed in a tendril arm and crushed even as he screamed in pain and begged for mercy. The last tried to run before two thorned vines burst from the ground around him and grabbing his arms, tore the unfortunate man in half, spraying gore across the clearing.

Silence.

Pernieth picks up the dead foreman. A single tendril worms its way under his skin, rapidly multiplying, until the dwarf seemed green, for all his fleshy insides had been replaced, the vines within barely contained by his skin. Pernieth looks at the simulacrum of the dwarf, sets it down, and says only "Tell." The reanimated dwarf would wander back towards its tribe to deliver Pernieth's ultimatum. The woods were to be respected, or he would return.

Cassandra, Human Bowyers - The New Continent

When the wood spirit pushed her face out of the tree, the human tried to run. Who wouldn't, really? But Cassandra grabbed the unfortunate in oaken hands, and pulls him back. "I am Cassandra, and I Speak for the Forests." she says, her voice calm and soothing, despite her mission. "You are newly born, and so you are being given a chance. The forest lives, flesh creature. They have names, thoughts, feelings. The forest is a gift to this world, but if you take more than is needed, if you harm my children... my lord will come to your people, and lay waste to them. Seeds will grow from your corpses. Take what you must to survive, but do not kill the trees. You are warned." With that, Cassandra disappears back into the trunk of the tree, her message delivered.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect