New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Gerald goes over and gently grabs the machop with his metal hand.
    "Stop. They will never wake up. The skorupi made it so they never will, no matter what you try. Dead. Life has ceased, no matter what you do, it won't get them to come back."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul sends out the other Rhyhorn and fastens it as well. He will try to pick up some incendiary bullets in the few minutes before the caravan limps away.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Artemis attaches the available mons to the carts. Fewer bodies, fewer supplies, more mons pulling, maybe things would go faster now. And a Lairon! Beautiful creature. Would most likely be a good asset if those Skorupi ever came back. Artemis finds a cart with Romeo. If things were going to get bad, she wanted to be with him. Oh, and he was a Medic too. That was important as well. Plus she could protect him.
    Romeo is being loaded into the rear cart by a sour faced Taylor, moving the earth into a ramp so he can get it. You manage to get a seat next to him.

Mark hands you, Taylor, and Jessica guns. "Incendiaries. In case we need them."

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald goes over and gently grabs the machop with his metal hand.
    "Stop. They will never wake up. The skorupi made it so they never will, no matter what you try. Dead. Life has ceased, no matter what you do, it won't get them to come back."
    The Machop looks up at you, finally getting what you are saying. It looks at the body, then runs out of the wagon.

"Time to load up! Let's roll!" Mark says, running up and down the wagons. "Here," he says, tossing you a handgun. "Incendiaries. Should come in handy."

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul sends out the other Rhyhorn and fastens it as well. He will try to pick up some incendiary bullets in the few minutes before the caravan limps away.
    Looking back, Ethan and Mark have teams hitched up to the two rear wagons and the other have Rhyhorn hooked up. Seems you somehow got stuck with lead wagon. Mark comes up to the front, hopping in.

"Whenever you're ready Paul," he says, releasing a small Pokemon you'd say was a baby Sandshrew if it was yellow and had a shorter snout.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Wait, little one-"
    He bumps into Mark as he exits. He takes the gun
    "...Alright, though let me try and get that machop. Mark, what's in the para amarid box, by the way? Also, anything in your chest that you might want to have an elemental upgrade to? Think i can get some light steel armor going from the skorupi corpses. Maybe better things if I had more mon studied."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-07 at 11:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks." Never used a gun before. Slightly heavier than they appear at a glance. Not a fan, really. Still, might be- oh Muk, just the three of them and myself in one cart and nobody else. This will be interesting.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo glances at Taylor and Mark, trying to figure out what sort of person they went for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taylor (1d20+6)[24]

Mark (1d20+6)[16]

On a roll of 10 or higher, you are aware of the kind of person the target is most likely to be attracted to, and the bonus or penalty they would recieve to resist your infatuation attempts. If the check fails, you cannot attempt it again for half an hour
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait, little one-"
    He bumps into Mark as he exits. He takes the gun
    "...Alright, though let me try and get that machop. Mark, what's in the para amarid box, by the way? Also, anything in your chest that you might want to have an elemental upgrade to? Think i can get some light steel armor going from the skorupi corpses. Maybe better things if I had more mon studied."
    "Think it's the stuff they make bullet proof vests from; I could sell you some cheap. As for the weapons, I'm good. I have a bow in there that will come in handy, probably will use that when they get back."

The wagon is just starting to roll as you go to get the Machop. It is sitting at the side of the ditch where some bodies were dumped.

"Thanks." Never used a gun before. Slightly heavier than they appear at a glance. Not a fan, really. Still, might be- oh Muk, just the three of them and myself in one cart and nobody else. This will be interesting.
    "So....." Jessica says awkwardly, looking at Taylor, who, if she had laser vision, would have incinerated Romeo by now. "How did your first Rocket job go?"

Either she forgot you talked about it, or just flat out couldn't think of a better thing to try to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo glances at Taylor and Mark, trying to figure out what sort of person they went for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taylor [roll0]

Mark [roll1]

On a roll of 10 or higher, you are aware of the kind of person the target is most likely to be attracted to, and the bonus or penalty they would recieve to resist your infatuation attempts. If the check fails, you cannot attempt it again for half an hour
    You get the feeling that Taylor isn't into men; in fact, basically a perfect description of what she likes is, well, Jessica. Psychic, blonde, attractive enough. It fits perfectly.

Mark seems to not really be too picky at first, but after a few seconds of thinking you get the feeling that he doesn't really like people that are full of themselves. You get the feeling that while he is very high energy and leaderly right now, if he got into a relationship it would need to be with somebody low key.

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald hands over 2 grand.
    "All I can spare. How much can I get for that?"
    After, he goes to the machop, and lays a hand on it's shoulder.
    "Hey. You...um...I'm sorry. But would you come with us? Can promise you vengeance."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Um...already mentioned kinda. Things went to the void in a handbasket. Gerald Muked up and the kid got shot. I swiped the ball while they were distracted. Romeo took a beating for the whole team so that they wouldn't kill us for protecting him." Taylor, you alright?

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo's first thought when examining Ethan was that he had no interest. It was not a thought that crossed his mind. But at a second glance, he notices something. A little twinkle of interest. Brains! It was so obvious! A brainy type, didn't really matter much else. Guy, girl, young, old, attractive, ugly. Didn't matter, so long as they were smart. Smart enough to challenge him. But even then, its was just a twinkle. Almost hardly noticable. It is clearly not something that crosses his mind. Like at all.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo quickly glances at Jessica, trying to see if she'd ever go for Taylor, or if she was only into guys. If Taylor had a chance, perhaps he could help them , and make up a little for the pain he caused Jessica.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[21]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #72

Paul scans the creature at Mark's command, then takes the reins. Willy and Frondly are out and at the ready in case of danger, with Tavi observing it all.

Let's ride. Get along, little Rhyhorns!

He urges them forward.

Sure hope you know where we're going, Mark. Never had time to join the Scouts when I was a lad.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Gerald hands over 2 grand.
    "All I can spare. How much can I get for that?"
    After, he goes to the machop, and lays a hand on it's shoulder.
    "Hey. You...um...I'm sorry. But would you come with us? Can promise you vengeance."
    Mark gives you enough of the stuff for you to make a light suit of armor.

The Machop looks at you, a sad look plastered on its face. It stands up with you and jogs to catch up with the wagon.

"Um...already mentioned kinda. Things went to the void in a handbasket. Gerald Muked up and the kid got shot. I swiped the ball while they were distracted. Romeo took a beating for the whole team so that they wouldn't kill us for protecting him." Taylor, you alright?
    "What? Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

Romeo feels a stab of pain; apparently the ASW wasn't quite gone. Taylor grins maliciously.

Romeo quickly glances at Jessica, trying to see if she'd ever go for Taylor, or if she was only into guys. If Taylor had a chance, perhaps he could help them , and make up a little for the pain he caused Jessica.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    You don't think Jessica would really go for Taylor; it seems that she only thinks of her as a friend. Maybe with a little pushing you could, but other than that, nothing. Seems like she may be a little into you though.

Paul scans the creature at Mark's command, then takes the reins. Willy and Frondly are out and at the ready in case of danger, with Tavi observing it all.

Let's ride. Get along, little Rhyhorns!

He urges them forward.

Sure hope you know where we're going, Mark. Never had time to join the Scouts when I was a lad.
    Turns out the Pokemon is a Drillbur, a Pokemon that the 'dax says is the result of Sidney of Hoenn's Elite Four skinning Sandshrew for sport then releasing them.

"Just follow the path," he says, a new crossbow in his hands. "It'll lead us straight to Lavender. When it gets close to dark, yell if there is an easily defensible spot."

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Doesn't seem like it. As Romeo winces and Taylor smiles, she rolls her eyes. Still annoyed with Romeo. Can't say she blamed her though, and it was harmless enough right now.

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald tucks the kevlar in with his gear. When the machop heads back, he leads the little guy to the cart the psychics are in, scooping the little fighter up and putting it in before pulling himself up.
    "Sorry to interrupt, but this guy lost his trainer to the skorupi. Also, wanted to talk about armor for everyone. We're carrying the stuff kevlar's made from."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Anything to interupt them! "Jessica, Taylor, come on." She grabs her two friends by the wrists and pulls them from the cart.

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

'Artemis' Romeo hands her his dex. 'don't think I've scanned the pokemoon Gerald found, and me leaving is a hassle for everyone. Could you?' he asks with puppy dog eyes.

He then goes back to grooming Puck, getting him ready for evolving.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis nods and the dex floats in front of her while she pulls her friends along.

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald picks the machop up and puts him near John.
    "Also lost someone, so play nice. Back shortly, listen to Romeo and Wagner while we're gone."
    Sparky stretches from her spot on John's head, launching herself onto Gerald's shoulder. Meanwhile, Gerald lets Wagner out, ruffling the napping mon's fur.
    "He'll be up in a bit. He's a good growlithe. Try scanning him while we're out."
    Gerald pulls out one of the looted dexes and hands it to John.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-08 at 02:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Paul places his gun in his lap and guides the wagon along the trail. He keeps an eye out for any good stopping points.

(1d20+2)[4] perception for a camp site.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

'Artemis' Romeo hands her his dex. 'don't think I've scanned the pokemoon Gerald found, and me leaving is a hassle for everyone. Could you?' he asks with puppy dog eyes.

He then goes back to grooming Puck, getting him ready for evolving.
    Puck seems to be enjoying the grooming; after about half an hour a few small pieces of shell fall off.

Artemis nods and the dex floats in front of her while she pulls her friends along.
    Jessica and Taylor hop out of the cart with you. They jog to catch up with the moving cart that Gerald is getting into.

Gerald picks the machop up and puts him near John.
    "Also lost someone, so play nice. Back shortly, listen to Romeo and Wagner while we're gone."
    Sparky stretches from her spot on John's head, launching herself onto Gerald's shoulder. Meanwhile, Gerald lets Wagner out, ruffling the napping mon's fur.
    "He'll be up in a bit. He's a good growlithe. Try scanning him while we're out."
    Gerald pulls out one of the looted dexes and hands it to John.
    John takes the 'dex and scans Wagner.

"Growlithe," he says, starting to pet the dog. It rolls onto to its belly, loving to attention. The dog seems to have distracted James, at least for a little bit. The dog even gets a little laugh out of him.

The Machop comes and sits down next to John, head in its hands.

Taylor, Jessica, and Artemis jog into the wagon a few seconds later.

"So what was this about armor?" Taylor asks.

Paul places his gun in his lap and guides the wagon along the trail. He keeps an eye out for any good stopping points.

[roll0] perception for a camp site.
    Unfortunately you aren't able to find much; the sun is in your eyes, and it's tough to see.

Mark sits there, scanning the wilds intently the whole time.

"So. Where you from?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Simple version?"
    He points to the pile of steelupi, and the other dead mon.
    "I have materials to make armor, and the skills to do so. You three are the most likely to be targeted by attacks first that don't have armor already. Artemis can make large bursts of electricity near her, so she gets the first suit so she can deal with large groups without worrying about poison. Just give me an image of what you want, let Sparky measure you so you don't have steel plates exerting pressure on your sides and restricting breathing, and if you let me see teams, I can possibly glean new insights from their biology to either design better armor or new tricks to handle any more wilds. Though more para amarid would help-spent nearly all my money on it, and I can make medium armor with the skorupi bodies and what I have, with too little left over for more."
    He pauses, before looking back, somewhat embarrassed.
    "Also, ah...if it's to not trouble...maybe an egg trade? Have a chansey, growlithe, joltik, ekans, remoraid, whismur, and a pikachu that could be bred. Need more ground and fire types before facing Stradford. Mon that kill steel, his favorite type."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-08 at 07:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

When Gerald and the girls had left, he gets an idea. He brings out Fairy, and whispers in her ear. She looks confused for a bit, then nods and smiles.

Romeo opens up his shirt, and Fairy climbs on his head. He pulls his shirt up a bit, then fastens his neck back bu so it looked like he had a Pikachu head.

'Hey, John, Machop' he said, getting their attention. 'Romeochu!' Fairy start to giggle too and sparks fly from her cheeks.

24. - Top - End - #84

Viridian by way of Johto. I'm guessing you aren't as big a fan as our recently deceased caravan leader was. No big, not a lot of them around anymore. How about you, what brought you to guardin'?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis sends an image to Gerald. Something feminine enough but still able to protect her. Jess, as much as I hate the little things, a Litwick would be great for Gerald. Strong fighters, annoyingly resilient at times. And a Chansey should always be a welcome party member for Psychics.

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Simple version?"
    He points to the pile of steelupi, and the other dead mon.
    "I have materials to make armor, and the skills to do so. You three are the most likely to be targeted by attacks first that don't have armor already. Artemis can make large bursts of electricity near her, so she gets the first suit so she can deal with large groups without worrying about poison. Just give me an image of what you want, let Sparky measure you so you don't have steel plates exerting pressure on your sides and restricting breathing, and if you let me see teams, I can possibly glean new insights from their biology to either design better armor or new tricks to handle any more wilds. Though more para amarid would help-spent nearly all my money on it, and I can make medium armor with the skorupi bodies and what I have, with too little left over for more."
    He pauses, before looking back, somewhat embarrassed.
    "Also, ah...if it's to not trouble...maybe an egg trade? Have a chansey, growlithe, joltik, ekans, remoraid, whismur, and a pikachu that could be bred. Need more ground and fire types before facing Stradford. Mon that kill steel, his favorite type."
    "Sorry, I don't have any eggs with me," Taylor says. "And neither of us are much of a Breeder..."

"Well, Romeo is-" Jessica says, before being interrupted.

"No. We don't need his help. We'll reimburse you for the cost of making it plus 10%. Is that fair?"

When Gerald and the girls had left, he gets an idea. He brings out Fairy, and whispers in her ear. She looks confused for a bit, then nods and smiles.

Romeo opens up his shirt, and Fairy climbs on his head. He pulls his shirt up a bit, then fastens his neck back bu so it looked like he had a Pikachu head.

'Hey, John, Machop' he said, getting their attention. 'Romeochu!' Fairy start to giggle too and sparks fly from her cheeks.
    The kids laughs uproariously, seemingly forgetting his problems for a few short seconds.

"You're funny!" he says, still giggling.

Viridian by way of Johto. I'm guessing you aren't as big a fan as our recently deceased caravan leader was. No big, not a lot of them around anymore. How about you, what brought you to guardin'?
    "Me?" Mark says with a chuckle. "I'm a bit of a nut. Like to dive into old ruins, find lost treasure. More often than not it's a bust, but sometimes you get something cool," he says, patting the crossbow.

"Anyways, I've been looking to head over to the Ruins of Alph. Hear they have some cool stuff over there. I can fight good, and guarding pays good money. Saving up for a plane flight over there. Should be fun."

Artemis sends an image to Gerald. Something feminine enough but still able to protect her. Jess, as much as I hate the little things, a Litwick would be great for Gerald. Strong fighters, annoyingly resilient at times. And a Chansey should always be a welcome party member for Psychics.
    "As much as I'd love to give you a Litwick, it's a Ghost. I have no idea if they even can breed, much less how to get you an Egg."

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Well supposedly Ditto can breed with anything, and Ethan has one."

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald shakes his head, holding his hands up.
    "Armor's free, except perhaps for cost of materials. Need you three protected as fast as possible, and I can't make much with 400 poke, though more skorupi will do in a pinch. Will need 8 corpses to make boosters to align the armor properly, though. Egg trade is separate. Vengeance. Please...bastard took everything he could think of-literally, everything he could think of. Made it so losing an arm by having it ground to a stump wasn't even one of the top ten worst things done. Will hunt down and catch anything you request if nothing I have is desirable. Just help me, please. Doesn't have to be now, can wait until Lavender where you can choose, but...please?"
    He tries to keep the memories back this time as he talks, but some snippets get through.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-09 at 04:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Es, Artemis knows Romeo's sister is a breeder. Ask if she could breed their pokemon instead once they get to Lavander if they don't want Romeo to do it.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"I might know another Breeder in Lavender if you don't want Romeo to breed them."

Show