New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Orc in the Playground

eek Re: Crack Pairings II - Brain Bleach not Supplied

Alright, time for me to stop lurking. I did actually roll this randomly, but I won't tell you what it was or it'll spoil the surprise.
    Quick note: This takes place in an alternate OotSverse, about 4 years after the "present day". This means that continuity is approaching 0, mainly in one subject which you will see as you near the end, and also that all the characters have finished their quests and gone back to their daily lives (other than Belkar, obviously). Also, this may be extremely scary; have several bottles of Brain Bleach handy. This is probably the only one I'll do, too. It was... too traumatic. I apologize if someone has written this pairing already; I didn't read the whole thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    The man across the bar was pretty cute, She decided. He was bald, and had dark skin not unlike her own. Also, he had that tough body that suggests he spent most of his time wearing heavy armor and swinging a big sword. With large hands... buff arms and chest... strong legs...
    She frowned inwardly at herself. She'd decided to keep back on the sex so that the other women at the university would stop calling her a slut and whore. Besides, she didn't want any unfortunate implications, and he seemed too old for her -- mabye in his early 30s.
    On the other hand, the guy was very cute. And it seemed like he had noticed her, too, mostly due to her rather revealing outfit. He walked over and sat down in the empty seat on her left. "Can I buy you a drink?" He asked politely.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    The next morning, She had a massive hangover. She woke up and turned over, seeing this strange, strong man wake up at about the same time. At first She was shocked, then She remembered last night. It was one of the best nights She had ever had. "Hey there", She said tiredly. They talked for about half an hour, then He asked about her childhood, seemingly out of the blue. She thought for a moment; why would he want to know? But She answered: "I never new my dad. My mom left him while she was pregnant with me, but from what she said, he wasn't very nice. She described him as a mean old wizard, who cared more about his work than his family."
    That was odd. He was trying to cover it up, but She could tell that he was kind of worried. Then he spoke: "Oh my gods, I just realized that we don't even know each other's names! I guess we were too drunk to care."
    She thought back, trying to remember if She had said Her name. "That's strange. I'm Julia. Julia Greenhilt." The worried look on his face suddenly turned into one of sheer panic. She was puzzled and a little frightened... until he replied.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Several weeks later, She was back at the bar. She was wearing a thick shirt and pants which showed almost no skin. She was in no mood to flaunt; She still hadn't gotten over what had happened. She had gotten the clerics' test back that morning.
    She sat down at the bar and ordered a water. She couldn't afford to drink; not in this condition. Then She saw Him walk in and sit at the other end of the bar. He didn't seem to notice Her. She walked over behind him and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. Turning around, His inquiring look turned into one of shocked surprise. "Julia! I thought..."
    "We need to talk." She cut him off.
    "Okay... but I thought we agreed to forget about it and never speak of it again. I think that plan is working for us."
    "We can't. Roy, I... I think I'm pregnant."

...what have I done? ... Sweet Thor, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!?
    Please don't murder me... or ban me...

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings II - Brain Bleach not Supplied

*Grabs puke bucket*

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Oh Metalhead. *Shakes head at*

How did I know that it was Julia by the second sentence and know what the outcome was going to be by the third?

Anyways, egyptians are worse. It's required for siblings to get together.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #1444

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Anyways, egyptians are worse. It's required for siblings to get together.
    And that is a major downside of being considered a god-king. Back in the days of polytheism...One wonders if the godly powers were just horrible mutations.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2009-10-27 at 09:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Dammit! My internet wiped out my attempt at a crack fic again!

Oh, well. I'll try again tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I actually finished Part 2 of Cracklord's Belkar fic, but then I decided to stop. I just had to take a huge exam on The Inferno, and I'm tired of Hell.

Twas a good fic from what I read, though.

-sigh-

I know I should write some crack. I've got the Deathknight Miko x Redcloak fic to work on, as well as the V x Everyone story idea. Plus, there's always the random rollers...

But I've got a test to study for tonight, and a report to write tommorrow. Ungh...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    *looks up in interest* I have a tendency to go on long lectures, especially about my writing.
    I have the tendancy to read anything that's put in front of me.
    Then if I like it, I re-read it.

How would Xykon and/or Redcloak react if/when they find out that little Reddy got V knocked up? What about the Order? I can think of a plethora of amusing/horrifying/incredulous reactions, but I'm not sure which one fits best. Opinions?
    It depends of what they think the circumstances are. If the Order found out without knowing the full story about V and RC's relationship, they'd probably assume the worst be out for Reddy's blood. I'm not sure whether or not V would then fill them in on the details. Probably not.

Xykon and Tsukiko's reaction would depend on Reddy's reaction; if it's they'd probably find the whole thing hilarious. And they'd almost certainly try to embarass RC further with amusing comments. If he tried to hide the fact from them, Xykon would get very annoyed.

After the initial shock, I think Reddy's reaction would mostly be concern for V.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Right, I'm going to have to abandon Belkar's 'adventures' in hell, I'm afraid. Much as I've been enjoying it, the forum won't let me continue the only conceivable result. So, I'll go back to my shipping, methinks.
    Fanfiction.net beckons you with it's 16+ rating...
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-10-28 at 08:45 AM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Lycan 01! So you've read the inferno too? Alright!

*High fives*

... So... Hey look! We're on page 49 already! Once we get to 50 some one needs to start the new thread. I will aso hold off on my recent crack-paring until then.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, Metalhead, I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Prepare yourself for another long-winded rant.
    I had a feeling that, when Suvie asked her parents where she came from, they were very eager to show her... Looks like I was right.

As for the reactions, I expect Haley to go "I'M GONNA KILL HIM!" and jump Redcloak to gut him with Crystal's knife.
    Last edited by Dark Faun; 2009-10-28 at 11:11 AM.
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    Have you listened to Wagner? Look at "The Valkyrie" opera and you'll find more of this...

I liked it.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man across the bar was pretty cute, She decided. He was bald, and had dark skin not unlike her own. Also, he had that tough body that suggests he spent most of his time wearing heavy armor and swinging a big sword. With large hands... buff arms and chest... strong legs...
    She frowned inwardly at herself. She'd decided to keep back on the sex so that the other women at the university would stop calling her a slut and whore. Besides, she didn't want any unfortunate implications, and he seemed too old for her -- mabye in his early 30s.
    On the other hand, the guy was very cute. And it seemed like he had noticed her, too, mostly due to her rather revealing outfit. He walked over and sat down in the empty seat on her left. "Can I buy you a drink?" He asked politely.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    The next morning, She had a massive hangover. She woke up and turned over, seeing this strange, strong man wake up at about the same time. At first She was shocked, then She remembered last night. It was one of the best nights She had ever had. "Hey there", She said tiredly. They talked for about half an hour, then He asked about her childhood, seemingly out of the blue. She thought for a moment; why would he want to know? But She answered: "I never new my dad. My mom left him while she was pregnant with me, but from what she said, he wasn't very nice. She described him as a mean old wizard, who cared more about his work than his family."
    That was odd. He was trying to cover it up, but She could tell that he was kind of worried. Then he spoke: "Oh my gods, I just realized that we don't even know each other's names! I guess we were too drunk to care."
    She thought back, trying to remember if She had said Her name. "That's strange. I'm Julia. Julia Greenhilt." The worried look on his face suddenly turned into one of sheer panic. She was puzzled and a little frightened... until he replied.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Several weeks later, She was back at the bar. She was wearing a thick shirt and pants which showed almost no skin. She was in no mood to flaunt; She still hadn't gotten over what had happened. She had gotten the clerics' test back that morning.
    She sat down at the bar and ordered a water. She couldn't afford to drink; not in this condition. Then She saw Him walk in and sit at the other end of the bar. He didn't seem to notice Her. She walked over behind him and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. Turning around, His inquiring look turned into one of shocked surprise. "Julia! I thought..."
    "We need to talk." She cut him off.
    "Okay... but I thought we agreed to forget about it and never speak of it again. I think that plan is working for us."
    "We can't. Roy, I... I think I'm pregnant."

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post

*Grabs puke bucket*
    Can I borrow that puke bucket when you're done with it, please!!! I need it baddly right now.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Dwarf in the Playground

I call third with the bucket!

Many thanks, blue silk handkerchiefs, and small inarticulate hedgehog noises to Funky Goose for the sig banner!

Even more thanks to half-halfling for the adorable avatar, which is from this comic
    !

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Banned

Maybe i have gotten immune, because i wasn't affected by that at all.

*Runs from the ABD*

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Hey. Does anyone rememeber the story of Vaarsuvius with parents? Where would it be?

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey. Does anyone rememeber the story of Vaarsuvius with parents? Where would it be?
    The Squickier one is on 46, the one where they're just nauseatingly affectionate is on 43.

Edit: I'd say ninja'd, but it wasn't really a ninja. What do you call a ninja with a slow reaction time?
    Last edited by Meg; 2009-10-28 at 02:50 PM.

...And that is how I met your father.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    Maybe i have gotten immune, because i wasn't affected by that at all.

*Runs from the ABD*
    Try my Belkar hate two pages ago. If that is not disturbing at all then congratulations, you are ready to progress to lemon crack pairings found on other sites.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    [insert character reactions here]
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Thanks, guys! I'm really trying hard to make the reactions believable, so any ideas are welcome. If you or anyone else have even the hint of an idea, I'd love to hear/read them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    Water-Smurf, I love your explanation of how V developed her personality. It makes so much sense that I think I'll consider it canon from now on, if you don't mind. Unless I come up with something better. Which isn't likely. :D
    Why on Earth would I mind? I'm hugely flattered. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    Please, do go on. Put it in a spoiler if you're worried about taking up space. But go on. :D
    Holy crap, people actually listen to me when I ramble?! I thought that my parents were the only ones who did that!

I'm going to have fun with this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, anyway, people's personalities are molded by childhood way more than most people really realize. That's how it works with V. Her parents inadvertently put up a huge blockage between her and her understanding of the world by showing and not communicating anything. (Speaking as someone who went through something similar, blockages from you and the world makes for some interesting character traits when you grow up.) Vaarsuvius, since she didn't have any way to understand things and put them into context, had to struggle with a jigsaw puzzle that she wasn't quite sure had all the pieces (or even had pieces from a different box!) and this caused a big amount of internal frustration. Even as a child, she had a sense that she should be able to understand everything, and when she couldn't, she thought it was her own fault and didn't think about how information was presented to her. Because of that, she got increasingly desperate to prove to herself that she was intelligent enough to deal with the world, and combined with a thirst for knowledge born from a general lack of it, this caused her freakish bookishness and desire to learn. (What better way to prove your worth to yourself than to become a great mage in a class based almost purely on intelligence?)

Of course, her parents never intended to hurt her. They truly do love her and do what they think is best, and they have this feeling that a child should have the world at their fingertips to explore on their own. They think that it fosters a sense of confidence and independence and will ultimately make Vaarsuvius happier—their main and unquestioned goal in raising her. This style of parenting may work for some, but it didn't mesh well with Vaarsuvius and caused a subliminal animosity to anything unknown and in extension somewhat towards her parents and things associated with them. With this sense of raging Unknown everywhere and inferiority because of it, Vaarsuvius becomes increasingly introverted and develops poorly with social skills. It took so much effort to carve out a little bubble of Known that trying to interact with others seems like a ridiculously dangerous concept—if she can’t deal with and understand her own parents, what frightfully Unknown things will other people bring about? She’s content with her isolation because she’s afraid of encountering more things that she doesn’t understand, and other sapient beings are the epitome of that.

As with the shower scene, it’s an example not of Vaarsuvius’s parents being too close to their child but of them being pitifully out of touch with how she works. There are families where parents shower with children and it fosters love, kinship, and closeness in a healthy way. Vaarsuvius doesn’t work like that. She already had a natural lean towards wanting a touch of privacy and separateness to develop on her own, but her parents didn’t recognize this and never gave these desires the attention they needed. Vaarsuvius, instead of feeling loved, got a sense of being trapped and felt as though she had lost control of her environment and her own body, again leading to an ambition for power (if she has power, then she doesn’t have to feel trapped again). At the same time, they didn’t understand that it was time to stop doing things like washing their child themselves.

It all adds up to one thing—it’s not so much her parents’ way of doing things that damage her but her reactions and feelings towards it. Their gratuitous physical closeness and intimacy with her didn’t make her feel safe and loved as they intended, but ripped her slight leaning to privacy right open and turned it into a dangerous compulsion (“I’m pregnant with the enemy high-level goblin’s child and I don’t know if my body can handle it, but I’m not going to tell the healer in my group because it’s my own business!”) and made it really hard for her to deal with physical intimacy later in life (maybe why she’s so chaste throughout the comic? I don’t care if she’s married or not—anyone who is not asexual and who has a healthy liking of sex will have some tension/thoughts/feelings of a sexual nature about someone else after a presumable six years without it, even if none of it is acted upon), or at least made her inclined to avoid it (Vaarsuvius is the least physical out of anyone in the Order, I think). Their having sex right in front of her (and, with the way their characters have formed, I highly doubt that it was always garden-variety), instead of showing her the beautiful and ‘adult’ side of the world and making her feel open to her parents, warped sexuality in her mind to a certain extent. It’s now something dangerously Unknown, even after Aarindarius explains it, so it is therefore something to be feared. Sex becomes a complicated issue in her mind. It’s something that her body wants and she knows feels good, but it’s also something she’s scared of, and fear makes her vulnerable, something she can’t stand. (Maybe that’s another reason she is so chaste?) Sex also entails heavy emotions. Passion, lust, love, hate, fear, vulnerability… these emotions also are Unknown. They are dangerous. Vaarsuvius is afraid of deep emotion in general, though she is rife with them, and tries to hide and ignore the ones she has. (This comes to bite her in the ass with the whole ‘soldiers getting murdered before her eyes’ thing.) Because of emotions and intimacy, sex becomes both an intensely pleasurable and a deeply frightening and perhaps even torturous thing.

By the same token, she’s scared of love. Another Unknown. She needs to have control over herself. She needs to be able to understand how things work. She needs to be able to have a handle on everything. Love wipes all that away completely. It requires that she put an enormous amount of faith in the ultimate Unknown, a person, and she’s risking a huge amount of pain if this Unknown reacts in a way she can’t predict. It’s emotional intimacy, something that is even more dangerous than sex, that can really hurt her. Even after all the barriers and protections and isolation she put between her and all of these unquantifiable Unknowns, she has a very tender and fragile heart. She never gave it a chance to be hurt and get callused and hardened. If she ever allows someone that close to her, she gives them a chance to hurt her very, very, very deeply. So when she decided to allow Inkyrius close, I think that there was probably a lot of internal anxiety about it. I also think that it explains some of her behavior. Inkyrius is a mild-mannered baker, content on living at home with children and willing to put up with anything short of a three-way soul splice and the killing of an entire third of a species. S/he’s a safe choice for Vaarsuvius but seems surprisingly uninteresting. Wouldn’t that be an odd decision? Vaarsuvius thrives on intellectualism and seems to be invigorated by a certain amount of conflict (V was totally loving that war with Belkar. Don’t deny it). Why marry someone who didn’t provide either and seems doomed to lose her interest?

Easy. It was safe to bet that Inkyrius wouldn’t hurt Vaarsuvius and would deal with it if V got cold feet and started pushing hir away. And she did push. I’m not sure how deep their love ran—we’ve only gotten a panel or two of them from before Suvie left—but I don’t think that Vaarsuvius allowed it to go too deep. It seemed more like close affection and familiarity to me. Through her consistently antisocial and unaffectionate behavior, she maintained Inkyrius at a safe distance where s/he could hurt her but not so much that her heart would be broken. It was a safe bet up until the whole dragon incident. Vaarsuvius was hurt, but the protections paid off. She was able to handle breaking off the marriage and she reaffirmed her belief that love and any other Unknown are dangerous.

I think that’s part of the reason I find so much chemistry between Vaarsuvius and Reddy. Beyond the surface personality traits they have in common, both are similarly wary of love, both like their privacy, and both are content with knowing their feelings without saying or showing them. Vaarsuvius is afraid of deep feeling, but Redcloak, as a person, is safe to give them to. She knows on an intellectual level that he is not safe, yet with the way he acts in a personal setting, she feels safe. That is what it comes down to for her: whether or not she feels safe with a person.

She grew up fearing her parents, the world, and her own body. Her childhood, except under Aarindarius’s wing, was made up of things she didn’t understand and was afraid and surprised about. Inkyrius is easily understood, predicted, and is ultimately a safe choice for a mate, but isn’t the type of person Vaarsuvius can stay in true love with for long. (Or at least my understanding of love. I don’t know; I’m not in it.) Redcloak can be predicted and trusted to be open (at least on a personal level with Vaarsuvius—“Yeah, I like you and it wasn’t about sex for me, but I’m going to have to kill you at some point and you shouldn’t expect me to put you in front of my goals.”), and while he is dangerous, he is honest about how, why, and when he is dangerous so Vaarsuvius understands and adjusts accordingly. He doesn’t take her by surprise. He explains things rather than showing them or trying to drop hints about what he feels. That’s key. He also has the plus of being interesting for V and, I think, capable of holding her interest in a relationship for the long term. That, and he would be okay with leading separate lives and his affection wouldn’t be diminished. They’re both okay with their partner having a lot of alone time and both, if in a real relationship, would be confident enough in the feelings between them that they wouldn’t need them reaffirmed or strengthened like Inkyrius seems to have needed. Redcloak’s behavior can be predicted and understood, even if he himself is an enigma, which makes Vaarsuvius comfortable with giving him progressively more access to her heart and body.

Back to her parents and childhood, though: Aarindarius was a huge influence on her life because of his tendency to explain. When he started giving her context about the world, he wiped away many Unknowns. He provided her a way to dissolve her fear. She realized that if she understands something, she’s not afraid. It makes her a little too dependent on understanding—she gets openly upset when she doesn’t understand and she tries to quantify things that can’t be quantified. It’s like with love—she knows a few facts about it (like in the strip where V revealed that s/he was married), but she doesn’t know how to deal with it (everything to do with Kyrie, anyone?)

And, whoo boy, I’ve covered three pages in MS word with this already. I ought to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    I have the tendancy to read anything that's put in front of me.
    Then if I like it, I re-read it.
    You two are really letting a kid out in a candy store!

(PS, I may actually use one or two of these, so maybe-sorta spoilers ahead.)

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a bunch of ideas, some revolving around Reddy's family, some in the far future, some to do with time travel, some that I think I'd actually use... stuff like that.

Like, what if when Xykon found out about the pregnancy, he would decide to actually use it to his advantage? He could keep Vaarsuvius until the time came to give birth, and to punish her and Redcloak for the phylactery incident, he would kill the baby in front of them before either of them get to so much as hold him/her. Then he might or might not force Reddy to kill V/kill V himself. After everything that Xykon's done, I don't see Redcloak betraying him even for that, but a parent's love is instinctive from the first moment a baby's born, so you never know... (The reason I don't think I'd do that is because Xykon's not one to delay gratification for so long. And I'm not sure if he would try for such a refined stab of cruelty.)

Or, maybe, Redcloak's niece is still alive and just a little pissed that Uncle Reddy killed her dad. So she gets her hands on the baby when/if it's born. Check out these lyrics! As silly as it sounds, they're actually what inspired that idea. And it sums up what his niece plans on doing pretty well.

Someone from the Order mortally wounds Redcloak and Vaarsuvius, feeling a sense of responsibility, decides that it'd be a good idea to inform him that she's pregnant before he dies. Or he finds out in the afterlife and proceeds to freak out.

Redcloak never finds out about the pregnancy, and for some reason Vaarsuvius doesn't get an abortion. At the final battle (which occurs after the birth), Team Evil wins and either Vaarsuvius or Haley informs Reddy that he had a child who he should find in V's absence, and since Redcloak actually has a sense of responsibility, he does just that.

The Order from early on (like, last part of OtOotPC early) somehow comes to the future and sees 'current Order,' complete with semi-competent Elan, short-haired Haley, fake-developed Belkar, and knocked-up V. Earlier Vaarsuvius has a bad reaction to the whole deal. (This is mostly something fun to fantasize about. It's too sci-fi for me to take seriously for this story.)

Reddy and V get married after everything is said and done.

Inkyrius finds out about Redcloak and they have a very uncomfortable and tense discussion.

Inkyrius is a man and gets angry because V had been so paranoid about getting pregnant that she refused to have sex in any way that could result in it (so I guess Reddy got to deflower her...?), and yet she's already pregnant with Redcloak's child before they're even divorced. (Inspired by Discord. )

Inkyrius, on the contrary, is resigned to Vaarsuvius's predicament and, after Redcloak's dead in the final battle, gets remarried so the new child and the old children don't have to grow up in a single-parent household.

And that's what I can think of for now, but I know that I have more.
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2009-10-28 at 05:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

I just hope that the new thread pops up soon. I want to post this new story idea and still get comments for it.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to have fun with this.
    And now I feel infinitely inferior because my understanding of the characters and of my favorite pairing doesn't go beyond "I like them together."

You two are really letting a kid out in a candy store!
    I like the last idea, for some reason. I find it bittersweet.
    Last edited by Dark Faun; 2009-10-28 at 03:48 PM.
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Dwarf in the Playground

water-smurf -wow, now I see how deeply You think about your characters. I would personally like your concept of discussion between Inkyrius and Redcloack . Also, I very much like V's memories (not necessary about her parents ) -maybe You could write one from her wedding ?
    Last edited by half-halfling; 2009-10-28 at 03:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461

That is really thorough. And good. I'm sorry I can't be any more detailed.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Orc in the Playground

Water-Smurf, would you mind if I posted my prediction for your story's end? It's fairly depressing, and I understand if you don't want/need speculation.

23. - Top - End - #1463

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    And now I feel infinitely inferior because my understanding of the characters and of my favorite pairing doesn't go beyond "I like them together."
    That's how it starts, though. That little sense that they work out together. Then you realize that you know more about why than you thought. Just try to think about why you think V and Miko would fall in love, then play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    I like the last idea, for some reason. I find it bittersweet.
    And I do love bittersweet endings.

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling View Post
    water-smurf -wow, now I see how deeply You think about your characters.
    I have to. I have difficulty making distinction between faces and personalities, even with real people, so I need to pay close attention if I want to understand anything about anyone. For example: it wasn't until this strip that I was able to see the personalities of the characters at all. Because of this, most of my attempts at characterization of original or canon characters fell flat until I decided to fix it up by reading up on psychology like a madwoman and pulling on knowledge of myself and how I grew to be the girl I am today (for example: I developed a phobia of needles because, when I was a child, I promised myself that I would never get a shot and I was terrified of breaking any promises at all because my mom always got disappointed in me when I did, so by association, getting a shot would be breaking a promise and therefore make Mom think less of me). Now I just automatically do that with any characters I like or relate to.

It's useful when you learn to filter the psycho-babble out of polite conversation. All it takes is some thought, self-knowledge, and a good psychology book.

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling View Post
    I would personally like your concept of discussion between Inkyrius and Redcloack.
    I'm tempted to write it, canon to my stories or no.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMuncher View Post
    Water-Smurf, would you mind if I posted my prediction for your story's end? It's fairly depressing, and I understand if you don't want/need speculation.
    I don't mind at all! Speculate away! I'm flattered that you think about it at all once you stop reading.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Ditto the guys above. That's some deep character interpretation, Water-Smurf. :) My interpretation was that V seeks power in order to be able to solve problems, but your idea is so much more refined than that. Not just solve problems, but have control over the situation, as you said, have a handle on everything, because being unable to understand and control something terrifies her.

Though now I'm wondering how Aarindarious kicking V out fits in V's emotional timeline... :D
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the idea I thought up is as such: (Yes, I know that I'm bending the laws of the OOTS afterlife, but this is wild mass guessing about a fanfiction, so I'm going to go ahead and say that that's okay.)

Spoiler
    Show

It comes out during the final battle that V is pregnant. Redcloak, is unable to respond for a while, and by the time he snaps into action, V has been injured. He and the Order unite, killing Xykon, but Redcloak himself dies in the process. He goes to wherever it is people are judged before the afterlife, and decides not to be judged.

(In my mind, people can choose not to have their lives judged, instead becoming ghosts. While this staves off hell, it also permanently destroys any possibility of entering any afterlife or being reincarnated and redeemed)

Vaarsuvius, meanwhile, feels she can't get an abortion a) because it means Redcloak's sacrifice would have been for nothing, and b) she's too weak. She carries the child to term, but dies having the baby.

She and Redcloak are reunited in the cosmic waiting room (don't ask me why he's still there). He came to say good-bye, but when he tells her that he's chosen to exist as a ghost, she makes the same choice, even though he urges to her to enter the afterlife.

Together as ghosts, they return to the Azure City, (it's where their happiest memories are) and they just kind of hang out there for a few years. Of course, at some point, Elan and Haley, who've adopted and raised their child come to visit Kazumi and Daigo, and they get to see their child, even if she/he can't see them.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, he is lawful evil, so he's guaranteed a one way ticket to Belial.

EXCEPT he doesn't get judged. He's been a faithful, loyal, self-sacrificing cleric his entire life. He gets to go to The Dark One's divine realm, which is a paradise of sorts. And he doesn't get any choice in the matter.

See, gods keep all the souls of their worshipers so they continue to worship them in heaven. Permanent supply of belief, so they go on even if you kill of all their worshipers.
    And Redcloak doesn't get any choice in the matter.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #1467

So he'll be spared what Belkar's getting? (And why can't you continue it?)

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    So he'll be spared what Belkar's getting? (And why can't you continue it?)
    Well, Redcloak is doing it for a good reason, while Belkar is a self-serving hedonist.

Why can't I continue?
    First up, because the way this is going to have to continue is spectacularly obscene, and the forums have rules about that sort of thing.
    Second up, because, as secure as I am in my heterosexuality, I'm not exactly comfortable writing this sort of scene. I'm only twisted, not bent.
    Finally, because my style is purple-prosey, so to make things seem progressively worse I have to get progressively descriptive, and it becomes ridiculous.
    But if you want, I'll write a conclusion/epilogue.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order from early on (like, last part of OtOotPC early) somehow comes to the future and sees 'current Order,' complete with semi-competent Elan, short-haired Haley, fake-developed Belkar, and knocked-up V. Earlier Vaarsuvius has a bad reaction to the whole deal. (This is mostly something fun to fantasize about. It's too sci-fi for me to take seriously for this story.)
    Oh, so many possibilities.

I'm not sure how well that would work in practice, but it would certainly result in some interesting character development...

Edit: Here's to 50 pages of creepy fanfic! *opens champagne*
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-10-28 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Ca-chiiiiing!
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, 50 pages! Here's Dark Fiddler when you need him?