New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Well, my supposed superior HAS been conspicuously absent... I'm guessing Ecchan wouldn't really mind if I collaborated with you. He's big on the whole free initiative thing." He doesn't seem to react to the implication she now runs distrito uno. Perhaps it simply hasn't sunk in just yet. "And I just might have the starter for such a force. You'll have to forgive me if I don't go wholesale on the idea right away though - I'm helping a friend get back something he lost first."
    Cuerva rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Tell you what, for old times' sake. I'll help you and your friend. In return you give my proposal careful thought, but no commitment, no strings, and you do not need to say yes if you are thinking no. How about that. For old times' sake."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Cuerva rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Tell you what, for old times' sake. I'll help you and your friend. In return you give my proposal careful thought, but no commitment, no strings, and you do not need to say yes if you are thinking no. How about that. For old times' sake."
    "Appreciate the thought, but this is a pretty testosterone-driven thing. He'll have to do it on his own at the end of the day.

And I really like your idea, actually. It's just that I don't like leaving loose ends dangling like that.

I think he'll be ready in a couple of weeks. I just need to give him the proper motivation for this."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Appreciate the thought, but this is a pretty testosterone-driven thing. He'll have to do it on his own at the end of the day.

And I really like your idea, actually. It's just that I don't like leaving loose ends dangling like that.

I think he'll be ready in a couple of weeks. I just need to give him the proper motivation for this."
    Cuerva nods. "And constructing my palace and all is still at least a year or more away. Its not like I have proper facilities to fully execute what I want. I'd have to improvise existing structures and space so that when everything is built up, my forces will have proper places to stay and train in. Take your time Rouga, this is a long term plan, tie up whatever loose ends you have and we'll talk about this next time we see each other."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Orc in the Playground

"Sure thing, Cuerva-chan. Catch you later, maybe we could have a glass of wine and catch up!" With that said, Rouga freefalled to the street level. And arrived on his feet.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Sure thing, Cuerva-chan. Catch you later, maybe we could have a glass of wine and catch up!" With that said, Rouga freefalled to the street level. And arrived on his feet.
    Taking the spare construction helmet offered by Anita, Cuerva puts it on, looking like the sort of royalty-socialites doing construction work for charity.

"Strike Yaago Duarte off the list of potential Fraccion recruits if he does not appear within another two days. But keep tabs on his movement, especially if he leaves Las Noches. I fear he might have followed his ex-boss still, if Genoveva's reputation is well-deserved, someone like Yaago would not let her go."

Overlooking the construction site, it seems that the old palace is still very functional.

"By the way Anita, secure for me a gigai for Mortal World interaction purposes, and a list of educational materials covering the Mortal World and Las Noches for the past millennium, I have a lot to catch up on."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Too bad," said Edward with equal detachment. Rather than try to free his trapped arm he thrusts the other one forward with its fingers extended to gouge Lalita's eyes.
    Lalita lifts Edward's own arm to deflect the eye gouge, then twists his body and whirls around, forcing Edward to move by his whim by keeping hold of his arm. When he gets him to face the palacio wall, he pushes with his legs, and sends the two crashing against it.

"Enough dramatics. Neither of us have a thing to gain from this", Lalita snarls, trying to keep his former master pinned against the wall as he tries to get him an elbow lock, to break his sword arm so his Zanpakuto will slip. "Let me and Miss Canguro go. That'd be what a friend would do."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-21 at 03:50 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cecilia saunters into the throne room, with an almost blatant disregard for what had just occurred.

"Oy! Ghosty! I've been hearing some int'r'estin' things!"

She looks at the Ghost King coyly.

"Like that Genny's left her awesome pits! With all the lovely oodles of traps, fighters, and Shinigami!"

The Espada shuddered slightly, and moaned.

"I just can't wait to get my hands on them!"

She grins, brushing her thumb under his nose in a thumbs up pose.

"So, I've come to ask for your permission to move Genny's kickin' pits!"

Her thumbs up turns into a "V" for Victory. Caiphus is probably freaking out right now, due to how Cecilia had just addressed Von Geister.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

"Denied."

The line is delivered with all the emotion a zombie puts into saying "brains".
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1419

Cecilia looks mildly upset by the denial of her request, but shrugs.

"I kind of expected that I guess. But there has to be something cool in Las Noches I can use for my master plan!"

Everyone had heard her master plan. It was ridiculously stupid, so she kept at it.

"Hmmm... Can I at least indoctrinate more Fraccion or something? Lancelot here must be getting annoyed with having to deal with me and never complain!"

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

"As per your rights as an espada, you can have as many fraccion as you wish and request any arrancar of the city who is not already of fraccion rank or higher as your fraccion."

Von Geister explains it with the dry bemusement of someone who has had to explain it to the same people one too many times.

"Do you have anything of relevance to request, Cecilia?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1421

Cecilia ponders for several seconds.

"Oh yeah! I want to learn how to bake. Anybody you know who can teach me?"

She seems dead serious about this request. Moreso than the other ones.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

Von geister half closes his eyes.

The blight at his feet begins to grow viciously barbed tentacles.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #1423

Cecilia sighs, and pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Che. I should've known. You never were much of a guy for cooking, were ya Ghost with the Most?"

She grins widely, and turns around, raising a hand in goodbye.

"Well Poltergeister, I'll see ya around! I've got some important stuff to do!"

She exits the Throne Room, and whistles as she walks down the hall.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Cuerva de Sangre

Cuerva glides gently and silently into Von Geister's throne room, landing on the window sill and watches the 6th Espada leave.

"It appears that tongues wag freely in your presence, my King." Cuerva walks towards the Von Geister and stops a respectful distance away.

"My King, I request permission to secure a disguise to walk the Mortal World. I have been imprisoned for a period of time long enough to be ignorant of its current state."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

The tentacles at Von Geister's feet twitch and lash of their own volition while he looks up to Cuerva.

"Permission granted. I will inform you that discretion is requested when going to the mortal world. Only a stupid farmer takes a bloodied butcher to go see and be seen by the herd."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The tentacles at Von Geister's feet twitch and lash of their own volition while he looks up to Cuerva.

"Permission granted. I will inform you that discretion is requested when going to the mortal world. Only a stupid farmer takes a bloodied butcher to go see and be seen by the herd."
    "Yes my King."

Understanding that analogy very well, Cuerva bows again and leaves.

Upon returning to her office, she finds that Anita has already left her a faux body as well as several books condensed into a single thick tome that she had requested. Mentally making a note to get the girl a souvenir, Cuerva takes a look at the dressing mirror:

Spoiler
    Show

And smiles.

Taking the extra time to leave behind several orders and instructions while she is away, Cuerva is satisfied that her short trip to the Mortal World will give her a short vacation she needed.

Opening a Garganta, Cuerva steps through taking the time to read as much as she can as she travels to the Mortal World.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-22 at 05:09 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #1427

Palacio Real
    Throne Room

Fortunato waits silently outside the doors to the throne room while Vicente, Cuerva and Cecilia conduct their business with Von Geister. Once Cuerva has left the room, he enters through the front door and approaches the throne, stopping a respectful distance away and kneeling.

"Your Majesty."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

The blight tentacles are still lashing about Von geister's feet, sometimes splitting in the middle to reveal rows of teeth and numerous fanged tongues.

"And what is your piece, Sabas."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #1429

Fortunato rises after Von Geister speaks.

"You have rearranged the city and pulled the palaces of the Espada together. If you will share your reasons, I am curious as to why you have done so."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-23 at 08:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

Took someone long enough to ask.

The blight subsides back into a mass of lichen.

"It is an experiment, Sabas. I have been given the impression that, with the relative isolation each of your peers has been granted a form of complacency has settled among a few."

Von Geister slouches back on his throne.

"So I decided to tip the scales. You must now contend with your equals besides you, and with me watching from above."

Von Geister rises and walks away from the raised platform of the throne, which slides back to reveal a rather large hole dropping down into the darkness.

"Another reason is that, in older times, I watched over the hatcheries of the ciudad baja where hollows rested while turning into arrancar. That function is no longer needed, so I have been doing nothing in that damp hole but resist falling asleep thanks to the white noises of my children."

Chittering echoes up from the hive so, so, so far bellow, amplified by the tunnel.

"Ultimately, I do believe one might simply say I was bored with the status quo in the city as it was."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #1431

Sabas listens silently to Von Geister's explanation, his expression as unreadable as ever. As the tunnel beneath the throne is revealed, he sends a focused Pesquisa wave down it, but otherwise doesn't react. When the explanation is finished, Sabas bows.

"I understand. This will be...interesting. Thank you."

With that, the Quinta Espada turns to leave the chamber.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

There are more reiatsu signatures at the bottom of that tunnel than Sabas can imagine a number for.

The vast majority of these signatures are trifle, equivalent to the lowest of the animal hollows. There is no question those would be eggs. Others, hatched drones, can go as high as adjuchas.

"You can also expect to see me walking the halls much more frequently Sabas. I grow tired of being distant, I am a social creature after all, it is why I made a city!"

A non-existing thunder echoes in the background.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-05-23 at 10:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #1433

Sabas pauses at the door and turns his head back at Von Geister's declaration.

"I see. Then, I, too, will be more...mobile. Enjoy yourself, your Majesty."

Sabas exits the way he came, then sets out to learn the layout of the new Palacio.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Who, me? I was just getting a little bit of stuff for some science of my own. I also took a very small amount of sekiseki. Negligible amount really." He doesn't move, but mentally prepares for the ensuing storm of Genoveva. "I'm here because I think you've got something going for you. A lot better than anything in that god forsaken city. It's either stay there and be hit by Vicente some time when I'm asleep, go to the mortal world for another spiritual get together, or throw my lot in with you. I thought the choice was clear."
    Genoveva

"Yer scared of Vincente or a wee bunch of mortals...and tink Ah'll welcome ye with open arms aftur an 'mission like that?" Genoveva says softly, though it wasn't the violence-filled murmur that she usually used. "Un wat's werse is ya tink Ah'll welcome a traitor into mah midst wit out compunction or 'ought. If ya cut out on da Ol' Ghost just cause ya weren't cuttin' it dere, what's ta stop ya from doin' da same ta me? Can ya even hold yer own in da force Ah'm building?"

The ex-Primera's falchion whirls out of it's place in the sand, whipping about in a complex pattern with only one hand on the pommel before the petite arrancar girl levels the blade, missing it's notch, at Sereg's burnt face.

"Ah ain't takin' ya own til Ah know fer certain ya can cut it here Sereg mah boi. And if ya ain't even got de guts ta face me then ya can just leave right now."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva

"Yer scared of Vincente or a wee bunch of mortals...and tink Ah'll welcome ye with open arms aftur an 'mission like that?" Genoveva says softly, though it wasn't the violence-filled murmur that she usually used. "Un wat's werse is ya tink Ah'll welcome a traitor into mah midst wit out compunction or 'ought. If ya cut out on da Ol' Ghost just cause ya weren't cuttin' it dere, what's ta stop ya from doin' da same ta me? Can ya even hold yer own in da force Ah'm building?"

The ex-Primera's falchion whirls out of it's place in the sand, whipping about in a complex pattern with only one hand on the pommel before the petite arrancar girl levels the blade, missing it's notch, at Sereg's burnt face.

"Ah ain't takin' ya own til Ah know fer certain ya can cut it here Sereg mah boi. And if ya ain't even got de guts ta face me then ya can just leave right now."
    "I'm not scared, I'm just not going to let him catch me with my pants down and pretend he's worth anything. He needs to learn that being powerful doesn't mean hiding underground and waiting." As Genoveva raises her weapon Sereg will lift his left hand up to his shoulder, pulling the sling to release his arm. "The old ways are gone, Genoveva. You see it in the Espada. You see their lack of fire. They're destroying themselves. The Espada devour the footsoldiers and then have no fight in them." He raises his hands and settles in the sand, ready to move if he needed to. Not that it doesn't hurt, and the scrunch of his face shows it. "So, I can't promise I won't run out on you if I see this place stagnating like the other. But as long as you're true to the Hollow cause, I'll kill for you."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not scared, I'm just not going to let him catch me with my pants down and pretend he's worth anything. He needs to learn that being powerful doesn't mean hiding underground and waiting." As Genoveva raises her weapon Sereg will lift his left hand up to his shoulder, pulling the sling to release his arm. "The old ways are gone, Genoveva. You see it in the Espada. You see their lack of fire. They're destroying themselves. The Espada devour the footsoldiers and then have no fight in them." He raises his hands and settles in the sand, ready to move if he needed to. Not that it doesn't hurt, and the scrunch of his face shows it. "So, I can't promise I won't run out on you if I see this place stagnating like the other. But as long as you're true to the Hollow cause, I'll kill for you."
    Genoveva - White Sands

Genoveva's expression betrays none of her thoughts as Sereg frees his arm and winces in pain from the act. She doesn't speak throughout his entire monologue about the weakness he saw inherent in Las Noches. Instead, she waits until he's finished speaking and launches her falchion up into the air with a flick of her wrist. The massive blade spins in circles up into the moonlight, but those distracted by it would be fools for missing what Genoveva herself was doing. Her, now freed, hand balls into a fist and strikes forward in a 'slow' straight towards Sereg's midsection.

"Ah dun need grunts Sereg, Ah need commanders an' leaders, sumthin' ya proved ya aren't ta me." she says back, regardless if he dodges or not, "Yer weak-willed an' lash out with impunity wit'out a goal er gain. Ya waster yer strength on da most insignificant of tasks, lettin' da prize elude you."

Crack.

Genoveva's knuckles pop loudly as she cracks them, slitted gaze narrowed upon Sereg. Her shoulders shrug, sending the bloodied haori drifting down unto the sand at her booted feet as the work down in the pit gradually stops, eyes swiveling to the confrontation atop the sand dune. "Prove yerself Sereg, 'fore Ah wrench yer head off."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva - White Sands

Genoveva's expression betrays none of her thoughts as Sereg frees his arm and winces in pain from the act. She doesn't speak throughout his entire monologue about the weakness he saw inherent in Las Noches. Instead, she waits until he's finished speaking and launches her falchion up into the air with a flick of her wrist. The massive blade spins in circles up into the moonlight, but those distracted by it would be fools for missing what Genoveva herself was doing. Her, now freed, hand balls into a fist and strikes forward in a 'slow' straight towards Sereg's midsection.

"Ah dun need grunts Sereg, Ah need commanders an' leaders, sumthin' ya proved ya aren't ta me." she says back, regardless if he dodges or not, "Yer weak-willed an' lash out with impunity wit'out a goal er gain. Ya waster yer strength on da most insignificant of tasks, lettin' da prize elude you."

Crack.

Genoveva's knuckles pop loudly as she cracks them, slitted gaze narrowed upon Sereg. Her shoulders shrug, sending the bloodied haori drifting down unto the sand at her booted feet as the work down in the pit gradually stops, eyes swiveling to the confrontation atop the sand dune. "Prove yerself Sereg, 'fore Ah wrench yer head off."
    Sereg looks at the weapon for a split second before bringing both hands up to slap against Genoveva's forearm, sending her aim off balance as he rushes forward to get a bit of space between them. "I went to the mortal world for one purpose only. To spread the word. We've been hiding for too damn long, Genoveva. The Espada are drinking, and flirting, and playing games with each other!" He lowers his center of gravity to afford himself a wider range of movement. "But no more. Someone had to show the world we're still HERE!"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Cuerva de Sangre - Palacio Real

Heading back to her office first, Cuerva drops off the gift-wrapped box onto Anita's table and sets her trophy on her table. Stepping out of her faux body, she instructs some servants to get it fixed and maintained. She might have need for it soon.

Heading towards Von Geister's throne room, she presents herself to the Ghost King.

"I have returned from my brief trip, my King."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-28 at 09:04 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

Von Geister is standing by the window, looking down at the city bellow, distrito diez, to be specific.

He frankly expected it to look a lot more... Girly by now.

"So it seens, Cuerva. I take it you enjoyed the trip."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Cuerva de Sangre

Cuerva smiles. "The Mortal World has changed so much. Even the mortals seem different from a thousand years ago. I do however detect an anomaly. A boy, no younger than fifteen winters, a living boy, with the Reiatsu of an Arrancar. I was contemplating bringing him back here in order to analyze him more, or turn him to Vicente for experiments on how this is possible. But I feel better to consult you beforehand, and to ascertain if you know about this living anomaly before making any moves."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]