New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Banned

Default Re: Help Me Be Annoying with a Barbarian Wizard

What about tossing a giant's foot on people?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    *uses Turn Unthread*
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe this is my favorite thread ever.

Gnome Alone, did you ever actually get to play this character? How did it go?
    Last edited by Shpadoinkle; 2011-06-08 at 05:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Foot of Python
    Components: S, F (Giant's Foot)

Krog not remember where he learn this spell from, but spell is very silly.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shpadoinkle View Post
    I believe this is my favorite thread ever.

Gnome Alone, did you ever actually get to play this character? How did it go?
    I have not actually been able to play this guy yet, but someday, someday.
    Avatar by the one and only Ceika.
    "I'll be whatever I wanna do." - Philip J. Fry
    my fake wizard|my fake one-shot|my fake link

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

he could just go around saying that he has permancied Tenser's Transformation.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laniius View Post
    he could just go around saying that he has permancied Tenser's Transformation.
    Nah, first he has to learn Tenser's Transformation and permanency, then he does that.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

If I were dming a "wizard" like this, I would so create an evil animated windmill for the party to battle.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Permanency
    Components: V, S, M
    Material Component: One flask of sovereign glue.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Transmute Water to Acid

"Krog bathes in the river."
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Some of these may have been done, I didn't read everything.

Ghost Sound: Korg inconspicuously stands to one side, and tries to imitate an owl.

Phantasmal Killer: Korg is very good at casting this. Nobody has yet realized it is only an illusion of an angry, deluded barbarian half-orc coming to make a pretzel out of their spine.

Raise Dead: Korg lifts up dead thing.

Mirror Image: Material component: Mirror. Korg stands in front of mirror.

Alternate Mirror Image: Korg hops between four spots. Quickly.

Hideous Laughter: Material component: disposable person. Korg makes a joke, and punches out disposable person when he doesn't laugh.

Fireball: Korg throws campfire. (I would love to see how that goes with the DM.)

Alter Self: Korg puffs out his cheeks and walks on his knees.
    Last edited by QuidEst; 2011-06-22 at 06:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    If I were dming a "wizard" like this, I would so create an evil animated windmill gazebo for the party to battle.
    Fixed for you Oh wait, he's a barbarian, not a paladin.
    Last edited by Divide by Zero; 2011-06-22 at 10:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A few ideas:

I wouldn't recommend giving him a penalty to Int (he could use the skill points to put into various disguise or bluff skills or whatever) but he could totally dump Wis or something. I always though of Intelligence as being (the mental ability to think up cool stuff) while Wisdom is (the mental ability to avoid doing stupid stuff). Charisma is just the ability to look cool while doing whatever you're doing... be it cool or stupid.

Anyway, he'll also need a beard. Wizards have long flowing beards while barbarians might have wild unshaven beards, just give your wild beard a few run-throughs with a comb and you've got the wizard look down pat.

Of course, you could always try to equate a wizards power with the length of their beard.

Evil Wizard: So, you foolish adventurers have come to stop my masters plans? Well, I wil defeat you all with my powerf...

Korg: Korg challange dumb wizard to wizard duel!

Evil Wizard (has no points in sense motive): Oh, so I finally meet the famed Korg the Magical. I must admit you've provem quite effective despite your... ahem... mongrel heritage.

Korg: Korg better wizard than you because Korgs beards bigger than your beard! Korg break your beard and you not be any kind of wizard to hurt anyone!

Evil Wizard: Umm... I see, you think your greater age and experience will give you victory. (Gah, how I dislike dealing with other wizards. We have such abysmal charisma that its a wonder we can talk straight). Well you're mistaken,Old Man! My youth and vitality will se me triumph over you ancie...

Korg: Arcane....DISJUNCTION! RAHHHH!!! *Korg runs up to the Evil Wizard, grabs onto his beard and rips it right off of his face!*

Evil Wizard: HOly Sweet mother of!! My Face, my beauiful face! *grabs onto the bleeding part of his face where his beard was*

Korg: Smite EVILL! *Smashes the evil wizard over the head with his staff of smiting*

Paladin (still a fighter with a horse): Wow, such a wonderous display. Looks like that necromancer won't be causing any more troubles.

Evil Wizard: Oh god I'm in such pain...

Korg: *snaps the evil wizards neck* Korg good at breaking neckromancers.

Paladin: Well then, I'll just go search the rest of the place: Detect Evil *looks at some ugly minion* ... he's evi! Kill him! *kills the minion* Detect Evil *looks at a hot chick* She's good... but wounded. Time to lay on hands!

Korg: Now Korg take evil wizards power for Korgs own. *Takes the ripped off beard and knits the hair into his own beard to make it longer* Now Korgs beard bigger than ever! Korgs wizardly powers get better every time Korg beat other wizards in wizard duels.

If you want to play Korg as being "Fairly smart in his own way." Have him take an interest in stuff like riddles or arcane theories. Not that he cares for them or even half-understands them but he knows how to spout stuff that seems magical for those not versed in it while giving severe headaches to those who actually know how magic works.

Korg: Evil Wizard not be able to defeat Korg because Korgs familiar better than your familiar and grant Korg more spells! *holds up terrified cat*

Evil Wizard: What? Thats not... I don't even have a familiar! Familiars are a waste because wizards lose power if their familiar gets hurt.

Korg: Exactly! Clerics gets spells from gods and get all kinds of spells and can wear armor. Wizards get spells from tiny animals *screaming cat* and get specific blasty spells but can't wear bulky armor. You no have familiar to give you spells while I have a familiar so I stronger than you and you lose already!

Evil Wizard (also has no ranks in sense motive): What?! Thats not possib... but it makes logical sense that the source of magic would require a secondary node to transmit the infromation through nondimentional space...

Korg: Arcane Transformationg! *flexes muscles* Rawwr! *Smashes wizard with his staff*

Evil Wizard: Nooo! I knew I should have gotten that toad familiar instead of trading it for an extra feat! *dies*

Not sure what skills you want Korg to have but Handle Animal could let you train some animals to be your familiars/summoned monsters/thralls or whatever.

Also, there is the feat "Able Learner" that lets you buy cross class skill ranks at a ratio of 1:1 but are still limited by the maximum ranks you can have in the skill. So, instead of a character using their skill points to max out one class skill could train in two cross class skills for exactly the same numer of skill points.

Not sure how well this fits in with the character concept but I'm thinking having Korg moderately skilled in bluffing, sense motive, and other skills could come in handy while pretending to be a wizard. Unless you'd rather he just brute force his way through everything which could work out just as well.

Also: He can train various animals to help him (either the nice way or the les than nice way). Use a skunk as the animal focus for the stinking cloud spell.

Oh, and see if there is a way to grapple an enemy wizard by their beard and twirl them around in a circle.

LOLOLOL! I literally almost choked on a damn cracker as I was reading the bit about Korg ripping off the beard. So freaking hilarious!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

And no one has mentioned yet Korg's strongest spell, the bane of any spellcasters!

Fear the mighty Mage's Disjunction - Any enemy spellcaster within Korg's fists radius is disjoined. That is, the mage itself is separated into its individual components... say, bones, flesh, muscles, tongue, brain, spinal chord...
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

You might want to take a peek at the spoiler posted just above you -- Korg 'cast' "Arcane Disjunction" there.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

"Korg make shelaylay oyl (a bottle of cinnamon oil), so majik staff (greatclub) hit harder."
    "Isn't that a druid spell?"
    Cue rage and numerous "inflict spells".
    "Oh sweet pelor that burns"

Also korg master of psionics. Korg manerfest:
    Schism - starts talking to himself, and allows him to cast multiple arcane strikes each round (iteratives)
    Shatter Mindblank - also affects teeth.
    Ego Whip - "not in the face, not in the face".
    Time Hop - knock them into next Tuesday.
    Energy Retort - korg only one that manerfest this power as wood (robilar's gambit+greatclub)
    Psychic crush - Headbutt.
    Affinity Field - whenever someone hits you, you punch everyone else in the area just as hard.
    Elfsight-pulls out a severed elf head, and points it all around, when that doesn't work shout "dang this only half-elf".
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Did you just put a gear shift on a lightsaber?
    Redneck laser swords only work in manual.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Reality Revision - By CROOOOOOM!!!

Related:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by NNescio; 2011-06-23 at 04:05 PM.
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

I love you and this is amazing, just linked this to my friend who plays a barbarian named "Korgal" =lol
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

19. - Top - End - #139

This is such an AMAZING character concept. Really, wow, this is brilliant.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

WOW! what is this, I don't even *brain fries*

seriously though, awesome concept.

anyway, I guess you could do this with druid too :) making a barbarian believe he is a druid :) just by mimicking sounds he will speak 'druidic'

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Permission to steal this character concept the next time my GM kills my PC through ridiculousness.

I, too, wish to play a MUSCLE WIZARD.
    "You'd better take care of me, God. Otherwise, you'll have me on your hands." - Hunter S. Thompson

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

[OT]

Quote Originally Posted by Szar_Lakol View Post
    You might want to take a peek at the spoiler posted just above you -- Korg 'cast' "Arcane Disjunction" there.
    Amazing, they are really worded identically.

By the way, could you please point out in which rulebook Arcane Disjunction can be found? Thanks!

[/OT]

More spells!

## Blade of Blood
    Components: M - a corpse freshly killed by Korg; S - splashing the weapon with blood.
    ## Touch of Idiocy
    Korg casts this on himself first thing in the morning to avoid being "too overpowering".
    ##Expeditious Retreat/Haste
    Run feat, Fast movement, yelled before moving full speed.
    ##Acid Arrow
    Components: M - ingest poison, make Fortitude save; V - spit at nearby mage with CON as a dump stat.
    Last edited by Andre; 2011-06-24 at 04:34 AM.
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

cloudkill(M garlick, V): Korg eats garlick and breathes heavily.

Featherfall(S), ignore damage from falling, this is a mind affecting ability

Daze(M,S) : hit target to the head, is effective against all HD

detect secret door(S(M)): hit agianst the wall until it sounds funny or Korg smashes through the wall, battering ram as focus provides a +10 on the search check

locate city(V,S,M): with a map spekaing the city's name pointing it on a map

discern bloodline(V,S): intimidate check made with the question who/what are you

Master's touch(M,S,V): Korg thrusts a weapon into someone's hands, and threthens them to use it well, the target will **** she/he/it's pants and do it's absolute best to wield it.

Forcewave(S): Korg bullrushes target, no save will apply

Dragon's breath(M,V): Korg takes a sip of very flammable material, and spits it out while holding a torch in front of it. this will create a 15' cone chaped burst of fire, 1d4 per level (max 5d4)

Angry visage(V,S): Korg gets level as bonus on initmidate while raging

Cause fear(V): Korg looks angry and intimidates enemies for 1d4 rounds and they are frightened.

lantern light won't be in the spellbook, because, seriously, Krog will use his rod of Lordly Might and thus can't cast lantern light
    Last edited by Socratov; 2011-06-24 at 06:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    cloudkill(M garlick, V): Korg eats garlick and breathes heavily.
    You mixed up cloudkill and stinking cloud.
    detect secret door(S(M)): hit agianst the wall until it sounds funny or Korg smashes through the wall, battering ram as focus provides a +10 on the search check
    Automatic success if using an adamantine weapon as a focus.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #145

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    You mixed up cloudkill and stinking cloud.
    I think you underestimate Korg's breath.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

GlitterIrondust -- Flint and Steel.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    I think you underestimate Korg's breath.
    indeed, also stinking could was already accounted for by using farts...

28. - Top - End - #148

Glitterdust: Throw pouch of flour into the air. Material component: pouch of flour. Why doesn't it glitter? Because Korg is no girly elf.

Detect invisibility: "I SEEEEEE YOU!" Unfortunately the Target moves too fast to catch.

Arcane Lock: focus, one lock, placed on item to be locked. Now magically locked!

Blight: Material component: Contents of Bladder.

Calm Animals: "Animal calm now. See him lying there peacefully? No, he not dead, that silly... oops, maybe Krog too powerful a wizard."

Circle of Death. Draw circle in ground. If a creature crosses into circle, they die.

Confusion: works on enemies that see Krog 'casting'

Contagion: Krog sneezes on nearby opponent.

Create Food/Water: Survival check

Darkvision: Krog even got it permanent on himself. If it doesn't work, then you must have been blinded.

Detect animals or plants: "HEY YOU GU-UYS!"

Discern lies. Requires a hammer to make Law and Order sound, then Krog decides which words are lies and which aren't (hint, most enemies lie all the time)

Disguise Self (as barbarian) "Krog good wizard!"

Disrupt Undead: "He no have head. That disrupted!"

Eyebite: Krog drops pants

Forsight: "Krog knew that would happen!"

Ghost Sound: "Oooooh; Sppooooooooky!"

Hide from animals/undead: "They no can see me know" "Must have good will saves" Material component: Bush, placed on Krog's head.

Hold Portal: "Krog got it!"

Identify: "That pretty necklace."

Illusory script: "Krog protect spellbook with Illusory Script!"

Invisibility "If Krog can't see you, you can't see Krog!"

Mage Hand "Krog mage, so Krog's hand Mage Hand."

Mage's Lucubration: Material Component: alcohol "Krog Lucubrated!"

Mage's Sword: See Mage Hand, replace hand with sword

Magic Mouth: More Ventriloquism

Make Whole: Action: squeeze until parts stick together. Optional material component: Glue

Misdirection: Krog Misdirect other casters to believe Krog simple barbarian.

Open/Close: Focus: key for item to be opened or closed.

Passwall: Focus: digging tools

Produce Flame: Focus; Flint and Steel

Reduce Person/Animal: sit on target

Shrink Item: See above

Ventriloquism: "I'm really speaking from the statue and not from behind the middle door!"

Web: Material component: Net

I don't know if any of these are repeats, but I thought they were good ideas
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

29. - Top - End - #149

A Barbarian Wizard? That Character must have been an illegitimate child to an actual wizard, but was raised by his father, being the chief of his clan.

30. - Top - End - #150

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Omeganaut View Post
    Calm Animals: "Animal calm now. See him lying there peacefully? No, he not dead, that silly... oops, maybe Krog too powerful a wizard."
    He not dead, he...he resting.