New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Truth. But at least sports gives the thick, or otherwise unhandy, kids something they can excel at:
    "Maybe you can't explain glacial moraine formation, or paint a watercolour, or weld a circuit, or light a stage; but at least you can hoof a ball into a net. There's some small pride to be had in that, I suppose."
    Eggy liked rugger, javelin and shot putt (slightly sublimated warfare).
    All other school sports sucked.
    A healthy body breeds a healthy mind...

I don't see anything wrong with athletics, though I am much more of an academically minded individual myself. I see the value of American Football, EverywhereElse Football, Basketball, etc. It is entertaining to watch, and participate in (very occasionally, as in my case.)

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Athletics is the bane of every schoolchild's life. Very, very few children actually enjoy athletics.
    And noone likes the 100m sprint or the 1500m. We'd just walk the 1500m. Or just jog it very slowly.
    As you can see, my friends were highly unmotivated in the sporting arena too when it comes to the drudgery of athletics.
    Aerobics is fun. Athletics? Blech. I had to go to first aid after 1500metres. Was woozy and dizzy and was feeling like I might faint. Now I don't do it anymore. Thank god...
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Sports should be build up. Not straight away 1500m for some people....

Hate to stupid sports teachers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Halfling in the Playground

Ugh, sports. I took a cunning approach to sport when in school: Go And Hide Somewhere.

It worked on numerous occasions. Once, I was found in the welding/metalwork room at the back of the technology dept, soldering quietly. Happy days...

The philosophy behind this philosophy? If I have to expend more energy than necessary, it isn't worth it.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

In high school, I was a pretty decent Baseball player. My batting average wasn't the best, but I could run fast and throw far.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Hated sports. I always took the position where it was guaranteed that I would have to do the least.

Baseball? Right Field.

Hockey and other sports involving nets? Hang around behind said net and whack the macguffin as far as possible towards the other net at every opportunity.

Some it was harder. In American Football, for example, there is a precise amount of effort that has to be put in. Too little, it'll look like you aren't trying. Too much, you might put yourself in the position that you are best placed for a pass or something like that.

My best Sports, unsurprisingly, were the ones where the opposite team stays away from you. Tennis, for example, I was not bad at. Volleyball and Badminton I was actually pretty good. The only sport I still play, however, is one in which there is really no opposing team at all: Golf.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Sports should be build up. Not straight away 1500m for some people....

Hate to stupid sports teachers.

I agree. I have rubbish stamnina because of asthma but I can ruin fairly quick so I never liked doing the really long runs.

I liked PE for the most part though, imanly because for the last two years all we did was play football and rugby.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    I agree. I have rubbish stamnina because of asthma but I can ruin fairly quick so I never liked doing the really long runs.

I liked PE for the most part though, imanly because for the last two years all we did was play football and rugby.
    "imanly"? I manly? Freudian slip!
    Quite an ego you have there.
    This avatar by Phase.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn, I've been found out.

I did actually mean mainly though.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hated sports. I always took the position where it was guaranteed that I would have to do the least.

Baseball? Right Field.

Hockey and other sports involving nets? Hang around behind said net and whack the macguffin as far as possible towards the other net at every opportunity.

Some it was harder. In American Football, for example, there is a precise amount of effort that has to be put in. Too little, it'll look like you aren't trying. Too much, you might put yourself in the position that you are best placed for a pass or something like that.

My best Sports, unsurprisingly, were the ones where the opposite team stays away from you. Tennis, for example, I was not bad at. Volleyball and Badminton I was actually pretty good. The only sport I still play, however, is one in which there is really no opposing team at all: Golf.
    *blink* *blink*

Oh, yaay. I have another clone on the playground.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

You sounded lucky, InksGuy. I can run quite quickly, but I tend to blow up quite quickly (I can walk indefinitly without getting tired at a descent speed, though).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like sports...

*is different*
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm told I walk fast.

Of course, I'm told this by my wife, who seems to think walking at anything faster than her snail's pace is too fast.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

I only walk fast in malls. There seems to be a universal predilection for people to walk slowly in malls, and this annoys those of us who know exactly where we want to go and what we want to buy.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

I know the feeling, Cristo. (I can't stand moving slowly, but other people seem to hate rushing.)
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I only walk fast in malls. There seems to be a universal predilection for people to walk slowly in malls, and this annoys those of us who know exactly where we want to go and what we want to buy.
    OH GOD YES!

I hate going to the mall when it's crowded or even just busy. It seems like every single person in there is actively trying to get in your way.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I'm told I walk fast.

Of course, I'm told this by my wife, who seems to think walking at anything faster than her snail's pace is too fast.
    When will they realize that we walk fast because its our natural stride, and forcing ourselves to walk slower can be just as tiring as speeding up?

Edit: I like the mall... I used to be quite the Mallrat... including the cool stoner duo to hang out with...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-21 at 12:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Quote Originally Posted by InksGuy View Post
    Ugh, sports. I took a cunning approach to sport when in school: Go And Hide Somewhere.

It worked on numerous occasions. Once, I was found in the welding/metalwork room at the back of the technology dept, soldering quietly. Happy days...

The philosophy behind this philosophy? If I have to expend more energy than necessary, it isn't worth it.
    I wish I could've skipped PE; lords below and sideways I tended to hate it. Especially when the 'bright sparks' known as PE 'teachers' decide we get to do cross country.
    We walked naturally because it was the closest we could get to skiving.
    We couln't skive at school; it was too small and they knew all the good places. Also my morals wouldn't have let me. Stupid morals.
    I'd have been in the library anyway. They had a good selection of books there; especially after I started advising the librarian on new purchases. Would you believ they didn't have a single Pratchett book in that library until I got there and had enough leeway with the librarian to convince her to buy them.
    Y9.
    Guess it was because we were a Sport College. I kid you not. A Sport College. And the other two local secondaries were an Arts College and a Music and Math College.

On an entirely different tack. I just saw an advert for this film called 'Camp Rock' which really is just High School Musical. If you can tell that from a twenty second advert you know how transparent it is.

EDIT:
    People also say I walk fast. I don't it's just that I've been walking mutts so long I used to wlaking quite quickly. And I like having a small breeze all the time.
    Shopping centres are all evil. Can't stand the place; or the shops in them. Or the people in them.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-10-21 at 12:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #1459

What was really entertaining was when she was telling me I walk too fast in the same breath as telling me that I didn't exercise enough...

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

I found that as well about slowing down (I thought I was unique in that sense). I hate shopping in general, which is another reason why I like to do it quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Walking out of an auditorium or just a ridiculously large classroom when 200 people are walking out at a snail's pace is the most annoying thing ever. And then, of course, some of the girls think the door frame is the best place to catch up on gossip or hug each other if they haven's seen each other in a while.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

I walk and cycle fast.
    The walking is just because I'm used to hanging out with larger people with taller legs who just walks faster because of height difference and cycling is because of school.... I've been going to school at the same time for three years now with three diffrent schools all at quite different distances...

And Koorly, I was once, very, very bored and saw that movie on tv. I think they want to destroy the meaning of the word : Plot. The closest is the camp manager at the and saying : Oh yeah bwuh, uhm, I hoped you'd figure it out girl...
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-10-21 at 12:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't mind shopping when it comes to stuff that I like (as in stopping by GameStop and playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band for a half hour...)

But clothes shopping? I dash to the closest man chair and watch my wife go about her business...

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

I walk slowly, and I like my pace. It's peaceful in a strange way.

EDIT: I don't know what's happening, but lately, I've actually somewhat enjoyed clothes shopping.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-21 at 12:51 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

25. - Top - End - #1465

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    But clothes shopping? I dash to the closest man chair and watch my wife go about her business...
    You can get away with that?

Damn, mine constantly wants my opinion...

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

With me, clothes shopping is more of a Mom and Dad situation than a Wife situation.

Luckily, they like to shop at American Eagle, where IIRC, they have this huge leather sofa that's probably the most comfortable thing ever. So if they want to spend an hour there, all I have to do is sit.

I'm the only one in my family who can spend 2 hours in Barnes & Noble and not get tired. Everyone else just wants clothes.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    You can get away with that?

Damn, mine constantly wants my opinion...
    Well, we have only been married a week, so who knows?

28. - Top - End - #1468

Psh, call me when you hit two years like we did a week ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    With me, clothes shopping is more of a Mom and Dad situation than a Wife situation.

Luckily, they like to shop at American Eagle, where IIRC, they have this huge leather sofa that's probably the most comfortable thing ever. So if they want to spend an hour there, all I have to do is sit.

I'm the only one in my family who can spend 2 hours in Barnes & Noble and not get tired. Everyone else just wants clothes.
    I can never understand how it can take some people so long to buy clothes. I watch people wind up and down the same bloody racks again and again and think "if what you wanted wasn't there the first time, it sure as hell ain't going to be there the fourth..."

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Late grongratulations then Twobit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #1470

I hate clothes shopping.
    From my point of view; they're all to frilly, short; skimpy, tight, impractical. I'm happiest if I can spend less than fifteen minutes in Peacocks and come out with a pair of jeans and a shirt.
    I truly don't understand girls who spend longer trying to match their outfits with skin tones or something.
    Though it is fun to mock them, the clothes on sale and the normal clothes too. Some of the best half hours ever.

EDIT:
    @ruki - chan: I could outlast you easy. Once spent four hours in Smiths reading and browsing and lamenting my lack of funds and the too many books I wanted to buy.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-10-21 at 01:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!