New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I know I said I wouldn't come back until I got better mentally but it looks like that time may never arrive.

I will be most likely be graduating in May 2013 and the prospect of growing up so fast scares me. I assume at least some people in this fandom have jobs and have graduated from college with business majors (maybe even IS majors). How do you retain sanity/your view on life and be able to enjoy things such as this show?

So scared of change. How can anyone ever be happy in life? How can anyone ever enjoy things such as this show without being mocked and ridiculed? What changes happen to personality when you get a salaried job?

Scared sockless.
    I'll let someone qualified field this, and call Anarion to the... Oh well, that would accidentally be a pun. I call on Anarion as my go to example of being a capital-P professional who likes ponies.

But in all seriousness, though- you can like whatever you want. It's all in the spin. If someone else gets upset? Then they just don't have the courage. Usually mockery is conformity. Conformity is not bad in and of itself, but it something you need to be mindful of.

People like you, people will support and defend you. That's all that matters. You are loved.

Its all in the presentation~
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-29 at 01:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I'll let someone qualified field this, and call Anarion to the... Oh well, that would accidentally be a pun. I call on Anarion as my go to example of being a capital-P professional who likes ponies.

But in all seriousness, though- you can like whatever you want. It's all in the spin. If someone else gets upset? Then they just don't have the courage. Usually mockery is conformity. Conformity is not bad in and of itself, but it something you need to be mindful of.

People like you, people will support and defend you. That's all that matters. You are loved.

Its all in the presentation~
    I know my parents love me but I don't really keep in contact with anyone. I think I might just lose all my personality and become a robot or something ... I think I'll lose purpose in life ... I think I'll take you guys up on that perpetual standing offer for hugs.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Well that wasn't that hard.

Alien Base-1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Why, why do the aliens keep targeting me with their psionics? I can barely remember today's mission since I spent most of it literally terrified out of my mind!

Regardless the mission went pretty smoothly. The humans were worried but it wasn't any harder then defeating that supply ship was. In a way it was easier since we were prepared for the possibility of being attacked mentally. Everypony slowly investigated and when we encountered a Sectoid we would bombard the enemy with firepower until they were destroyed.

The only difficulty was in destroying the Cyberdisc tanks that showed up. Our heavy weapon ponies (Pinkie Pie and Big Mac) were no where near by at the time. Shiny ended up trading shots through a narrow window against one tank while Rainbow Dash and Applejack got one in a crossfire with our tank. Due to the poor aim of our tank it survived and destroyed our tank. Rainbow Dash and Applejack shot it some more, and eventually Rainbow Dash finished it off with a grenade.

They then snuck up on the other tank. Applejack hit it with her own grenade but it survived. It must have been heavily damaged though since it tried to retreat. Applejack chased it down and finished it off with her rifle. Luckily she didn't get too close since it erupted in a massive explosion. From all the fire being returned from the tanks nearly an entire wall of the alien base had been torn apart.

Rainbow Dash rushed into the alien's headquarters and zapped one. She flew out before the survivor could react. It panicked and Rainbow Dash easily captured it as well. That pretty much wrapped up the mission. We gathered what alien technology we could and detonated the base. Sadly they had nothing of interest just for incomprehensible alien entertainment.

In research matters the humans are currently working on two projects. One is a mind shield to hopefully shut down the psionic attacks. One is a psi amp, which in conjunction with the currently under construction psi lab will allow us to use our own psionic attacks! Honestly I can't wait for the mind shields.

Oh right I almost forgot. Shiny and Cadance were both slightly wounded in the fight. Both wounds were incredibly minor and honestly they are both ready to get back into the fight. However the humans are insisting they rest for a couple of days. Doesn't really matter though. We won't be going on any missions for a little bit anyways.

For Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

You know it's a good day when something as awesome as that isn't the best thing I've seen today.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Banned

Post Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

I know my parents love me but I don't really keep in contact with anyone. I think I might just lose all my personality and become a robot or something ... I think I'll lose purpose in life ... I think I'll take you guys up on that perpetual standing offer for hugs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    You know it's a good day when something as awesome as that isn't the best thing I've seen today.
    dude. Share!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-29 at 01:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #486

dude. Share!
    Isn't it great to be different?

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

*Hugs*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Manly tears have been shed.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

9. - Top - End - #489
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Definitely not Twilight. That mare has something going on with Princess Celestia. e___o
    I really think that TwiLuna makes more sense as a ship; I get a creepy mother-daughter vibe with TwiLestia;

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Besides, it's not like I really need much of an excuse to kill people, is it? 'Cos Evil, y'know?
    This, in my mind, is one of the prime reasons why I despise characters who play evil in a good party. Simply put, doing evil things just "for teh evulz" doesn't make sense in character or in game. Sure, if I'm DM-ing, you can walk into town hall, shoot the guards, murder the mayor, and then walk out. But please don't do it for no reason. Maybe the mayor offended you before, or he has some information you want suppressed. But give me a reason. Don't just kill people "because I'm evil." Evil, in my mind, is just a normal person with a larger idea of what is acceptable. If killing someone will not profit you, don't do it--no matter what the alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Oh yeah, Mood Wings. I enjoyed that one, it's one of the fics that has more or less entirely entered my headcanon.
    Though I am curious how you will write Derpy to make them in compatible in any significant way.
    Well, one of my headcanons is that Derpy is actually a genius almost on par with Twilight. The reason that she's somewhat awkward both vocally and physically is not that she's stupid or handicapped--it's because she takes in so much more than she can process at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

If everypony's gay for Braeburn, and everypony's lesbians for Spitfire... hmmmm...

BraeburnxSpitfire makes a great ship, but clearly they must never breed as the combined sexiness present in their offspring would destroy Equestria.

Now I want to breed them just to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    There are goodies among us? I'm scared....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I kind of enjoy the idea of the Colour Wheel Alignment System actually.
    Not sure it's any less subjective or hazy than the more traditional one though.
    I'd put Ponithid as having been Primary Red, Secondary Green or possibly just Red.
    Bleakmane would be Primary Black, Secondary Blue. (Joyreaper is probably Black or Black / Red).
    I'm not sure who my new OC really is yet, but my instincts say she might be Red/White.
    Well, here's my OC's alignments.

Dive Bomb is an idealist at heart. He believes that knowledge, properly applied, can solve any problem. He started out as neutral good, but continued exposure to the evils of the world, combined with his experimentation and manufacturing of WMDs has pushed his alignment down to True Neutral. (The destruction of Canterlot, as well as the many civilians living there, has not been good to his mental health--ultimately, the sale of bombs was only a means of getting the money necessary to fund his research on immortality.)

Color wise, he would be Primary Blue, secondary black. His primary quest is knowledge and making the world a better place. However, if he's able to achieve immortality/godhood on the side, so much the better.

Blunt Trauma is a dependable butler, for all that he's a patchwork attempt at creating an artificial alicorn from reassemble corpses. Not much can take him away from his voracious reading and caring for his family. Despite having been created by the young Dive Bomb, he still plays a father role for the young scientist, and grandfather for DB's daughter Athena. In my mind, he comes across as Lawful Neutral. He was assembled as a fully-grown alicorn stallion, and so feels a voracious need to learn more about the universe. According to the color system, he is White with a secondary of blue. He has watched Dive Bomb's slow descent into the deeper depths of madness with worry, but still supports his creator in his efforts to become more powerful.

Athena was an attempt at self-cloning where a mistake was made. She's yet to discover what it is that she wants to do with here life. She is the purest part of the team, playing a sweetly snarky Neutral Good. She is a creature of simple emotions, being a Red aligned pegasus filly.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-08-29 at 02:24 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is it wrong that I have a hard time not shipping TwilightxLunaxCelestia? All of the cesty!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post

You, on the other hoof... you're out of the fandom.

Kidding!
    You can't kick me out of the fandom! Only a written letter of dismissal by Faust could do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

I know I said I wouldn't come back until I got better mentally but it looks like that time may never arrive.

I will be most likely be graduating in May 2013 and the prospect of growing up so fast scares me. I assume at least some people in this fandom have jobs and have graduated from college with business majors (maybe even IS majors). How do you retain sanity/your view on life and be able to enjoy things such as this show?

So scared of change. How can anyone ever be happy in life? How can anyone ever enjoy things such as this show without being mocked and ridiculed? What changes happen to personality when you get a salaried job?

Scared sockless.
    Okay, Voice of Experience time here.

In 1998 I graduated from my degree in Comp Sci, got a job in a different city, and moved out of home all in one fell swoop. I won't lie to you - it's scary when you start out. Change often is scary. But you know what? Change can be good. Change is growth; change is exploration; change is development from who you are into who you want to be.

But despite all that, you are still YOU. No one ever turns around and tells you "congratulations, here's your "Adulthood for Dummies" manual". There is no defining moment of clarity in which you go "Oh my gosh, I'm an adult now!". Everything that has happened in the past to make you the person you are today will still have happened. You'll still like the things you like, hate the things you hate, and feel the things you feel. However, you might just start broadening your horizons; and seeing things from a slightly different perspective. Sure, you'll make mistakes and some poor decisions along the way - we all do, it's called living. But learning from everything that happens to you - good, bad, or otherwise - is experience, and the gaining of wisdom.

> How do you retain your sanity/view on life?
    BE YOURSELF! Nothing can take that away from you.

> How can anyone ever be happy in life?
    You have to work at it. Happiness won't just come to you - have to go out and find it. No one made you come to this forum, or this thread - YOU did that. Life is no different; go out and take a look at it. You never know what you might find.

> How can anyone ever enjoy things such as this show without being mocked and ridiculed?
    Care less about what others think of the things you enjoy; and care more about yourself and what you enjoy. Don't let other's views cloud your own - form your own opinions.

> What changes happen to personality when you get a salaried job?
    Personality-wise? Not much changes, although if you're not already, you might find that you have to become more responsible and accountable for your actions. If you're scared that you'll lose purpose, then go find purpose. Write; take up art classes; learn a musical instrument; join a club; try out a sport or two; teach yourself to cook a three course meal; travel to places you've never been before even if it's just around the corner.

I won't lie - you WILL be scared sockless sometimes. But people are generally pretty decent, and there will be someone willing to help or listen to you, but YOU have to find THEM. Don't be scared in silence.

*Hugs*

12. - Top - End - #492
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post

You can't kick me out of the fandom! Only a written letter of dismissal by Faust could do that.
    *Pondering* I could do that.
    Probably wouldn't, too much effort for a simple and kinda stupid joke. Plus, it would just feel wrong writing it and I have no clue how to word it.

Comic, relevant to my current distractions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    *Pondering* I could do that.
    Probably wouldn't, too much effort for a simple and kinda stupid joke. Plus, it would just feel wrong writing it and I have no clue how to word it.

Comic, relevant to my current distractions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You would need my address first, and even then I would probably assume it was somepony from the thread because Lauren Faust has no idea I exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Mind Shields were not at all what I was expecting. I hope they actually do work considering how expensive they are.

UFO-23
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Twilight,

Why oh why must all my missions be in the desert? Is it too much to ask to get a mission where the air doesn't immediately destroy my mane? This time the humans managed to shoot down the UFO near someplace called Egypt. Since our team was the closest we were sent in to check out the crash landing. We arrived at night, but rather then begin the mission we decided instead to wait for dawn.

Overall the mission went smoothly. We were fighting those 'snakemen' creatures. Our tank would spot them and then we would fire at the aliens until they dropped. Octavia and Spitfire truly were the stars of the match with their terrifying accuracy.

The only tense moments is when I went up to an alien and zapped it and it didn't go down! Luckily I was able to get out of the way so that Daisy could get a clean shot off to kill it. There was one final alien in the engine room which I managed to capture alive this time. It was a snakeman navigator apparently.

An interesting thing about this mission is how little damage the UFO seemed to have. The UFO was pretty much intact and none of the aliens were even injured before we arrived. Lucky for us as that made capturing the 'wreck' to be very profitable. Finally the humans acted all surprised when we returned with our tank intact. I should give them a piece of my mind!

Sincerely,

Rarity Unicorn

PS. Vinyl and Octavia left today for your base. And I hear Applejack and her brother will be joining us here. I can't wait to see Applejack again!
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Yes, yes it is
    Not bad.

Needs more Fluttershy, though.

... You guys posted a full page while I was typing.

How ya been ponythread? I missed you.
    I can't stop vomiting candyfloss.

Help. ._.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-08-29 at 03:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I really think that TwiLuna makes more sense as a ship; I get a creepy mother-daughter vibe with TwiLestia;
    In my eyes Twilestia can't happen until Twilight stops seeing herself as a small awestruck filly every time she is in Celestia's presence and starts acting like a grown, independent mare speaking to an equal. So yes, in the current-time canon, I'm definitely more of a TwiLuna chap.

Rarispike is in a similar boat, since I don't feel it can happen without Spike maturing a fair bit and Rarity no longer treating Spike like an extremely attached puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I've never understood the standing joke behind Braeburn, myself. I found him even more forgettable than I would have Trixie, were it not for the popularity of the the latter in the fandom.
    I don't get the Braeburn thing either. Now Big Mac, on the other hoof...

See, that's what I don't get. It becomes less about relationships and more about trophy wives. Why?
    Why would it become less about the relationships?

Love takes precedence over biology.
    Biology (partly) conditions the forms that love takes. Ponies may or may not be biologically geared towards finding harems as the most emotionally satisfying arrangement for romance.

On the other hoof, it does seem that monogamy is the norm in Equestria, going by what we've seen of marriage. Personally, I'm not a fan of the harem route. I lean more towards Everypony Is Bi or There's More Stallions About Than The Show Suggests.
    Truth resists simplicity.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

If she's only hot when done in a pin-up, it may not be the pony who's the hot part. All I'm saying.

That second skin pic a bit back though, yowza.
    I don't get the attraction of Spitfire either. Something about her mane, in particular. Her Swedish voice, though *drools*

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Go read Dexam's post, he said anything I might have wanted to say.

*hugs*

Saw that earlier today, bought the song as well. It's a beautiful sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Mind Shields were not at all what I was expecting. I hope they actually do work considering how expensive they are.

UFO-23
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Twilight,

Why oh why must all my missions be in the desert? Is it too much to ask to get a mission where the air doesn't immediately destroy my mane? This time the humans managed to shoot down the UFO near someplace called Egypt. Since our team was the closest we were sent in to check out the crash landing. We arrived at night, but rather then begin the mission we decided instead to wait for dawn.

Overall the mission went smoothly. We were fighting those 'snakemen' creatures. Our tank would spot them and then we would fire at the aliens until they dropped. Octavia and Spitfire truly were the stars of the match with their terrifying accuracy.

The only tense moments is when I went up to an alien and zapped it and it didn't go down! Luckily I was able to get out of the way so that Daisy could get a clean shot off to kill it. There was one final alien in the engine room which I managed to capture alive this time. It was a snakeman navigator apparently.

An interesting thing about this mission is how little damage the UFO seemed to have. The UFO was pretty much intact and none of the aliens were even injured before we arrived. Lucky for us as that made capturing the 'wreck' to be very profitable. Finally the humans acted all surprised when we returned with our tank intact. I should give them a piece of my mind!

Sincerely,

Rarity Unicorn

PS. Vinyl and Octavia left today for your base. And I hear Applejack and her brother will be joining us here. I can't wait to see Applejack again!
    Apologies for stealing your schtick, but I finally buckled and bought X-Com today, and several hours later, here we are.

UFOs 1-3 and terror 1 (first and second attempts)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

It's me, Colgate. This was supposed to be Lyra's team, but she and Bon-Bon were messing around drawing fire in the first mission and I ended up having to do all the sniping. And then I got promoted to sergeant just like that. So uh, I guess this is my team now. I was going to call it team brushy, but somepony said that was too boring, so I'm calling us team Clean Sweep instead. It's close enough. And we've gotten good at making sure we don't leave a single alien standing.

So, I guess I should introduce the team. We're basically all the backups. We've got Lyra and Bon-Bon on point, I'm doing command, Derpy's on heavy weapons (that filly loves her minigun, what can I say?), Vinyl Scratch and Octavia are frontline support, and Cloud Kicker and Dr. Whooves have been watching the ship and doing the medic thing when we need them.

The first couple missions were super dooper easy. There was only one sectoid the first time and I sniped it easy-peezy. This was a breeze compared to dental school.

Second and third missions were a bit tougher, but we really lucked out. The third UFO landed, and we captured the entire thing intact. We're almost done researching alien alloys and I can't wait to get some body armor. Bon-Bon and Lyra made a great team too. I'm pretty sure Bon-Bon has been keeping some secrets from us though. That filly is basically a ninja pony. It's pretty much the only way I can explain what happened when she was the first into that alien ship. Door opens, they rain fire on her, and not a single shot touches her. I guess you could blame it the aliens not being able to hit the broad side of a barn, but if you'd seen Bon-Bon flipping around like she was in the Matrix, you'd understand what I mean.

Our first terror mission...didn't go so well though. At first, it seemed like it would be okay. Our new tank rolled out first and out we went after it. But no sooner had we disembarked the ship than a massive bomb went off. I...was the only survivor. I panicked, I'm sorry, I just, I didn't know what to do. Once every round in my gun was gone, I regained my senses and ran back into the ship and took off.

Lucky for us, I didn't get this hourglass cutie mark for nothing. A little time travel later, and it's like the whole thing never happened. And the second time was way easier. Instead of exploding us when we came out of the ship, a bunch of the floaty alien guys were just hanging out in the open. Let me tell you, watching that first cannon shell collapse one of those toad-things was beautiful. And you won't believe this, but I guess Lyra has been working on her aim ever since I got promoted ahead of her. We didn't bring any capture equipment, but Lyra's shot on the leader was non-fatal! Our very first terror mission and we brought back a live floater leader. I'm so happy.

Your faithful dentist,
    Colgate

P.S. This letter is also your notice of conscription, princess. We're opening a second base in Istanbul and you and princess Luna are going to be running it. Surprise!
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

19. - Top - End - #499
    Spamalot in the Playground

Hmmm, I'd probably be blue with a little red then. Makes purple, my favorite color. Coincidence? Nope! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    These are hilarious! I love your Trixie XD
    Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Digo I so would love to join in a session at your gaming table. The fact you are playing Trixie is applause worthy. So much fun to be had.
    Thank you! If you're ever in the Orlando, FL area, shoot me a line. My group has often gotten "Guest PCs". I'm happy that I've succeeded in creating a three-dimensional character from the base concept of Trixie.
    One of the game's current running gags is that Trixie never answers the cell phone given to her because she doesn't know how it works. So one of the other PCs will answer it, often with a funny opening line like "Office of the G&PT, this is G speaking."

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Found this in DF today:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Been there, done that.
    ...misplacing the pencil I mean. not the marshmellow. :3
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-29 at 06:59 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

20. - Top - End - #500
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Those experiments are ongoing, and the results shall be published at an unspecified later date.
    On a related note...
    You know, you fired that OFC thing so often that I imagine this is how Ponythread responds now:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, this doubled as an image dump. x2 Combo!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-29 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Fix broken link
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Scared sockless.

People will give you many different pieces of advice on this, and you know what? They're all valid.

But here's what I'm going to say. Happiness isn't something you find. It isn't a side-effect of doing things. It's something you allow yourself.
    Spoiler
    Show

You will survive. You will find a way to deal with life's problems, one way or another. But no matter what happens, you might find yourself gravitating to a certain level of happiness regardless of what happens around you. So the logical thing to do is to realise this, and work on changing this level. Whether that means simply deciding you are allowed to be happy, getting therapy, or something else is up to you. I think it's important to note, that you shouldn't feel obliged to be overwhelmed with constant joy. There is a point at which, it's okay not to be happier. (Though it sounds like you are not there yet).

Self important ramblings aside, there are much more important matters;

ART: Metaluchador

Spoiler
    Show

Because I hate all of you.
    Metaluchador - I really like her mane?Mask. The body isn't...flattering, but now I know what the mask looks like, that at least means that Mask fanart is back on the menu.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

I suspect I'm kind of a White/Green or White/Blue combo. White/Teal?

ART: Metaluchador

Spoiler
    Show

Because I hate all of you.
    Wow, she's been working out.

Scared sockless.
    What the other's have said, but as someone who has been working for five years now, let me add more *hugs*

That was great song. *buys*

In fact, I'm going to add it to the list of my favourite ponystuff I think. *stuffs it in his sig*

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post

Apologies for stealing your schtick, but I finally buckled and bought X-Com today, and several hours later, here we are.

UFOs 1-3 and terror 1 (first and second attempts)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

It's me, Colgate. This was supposed to be Lyra's team, but she and Bon-Bon were messing around drawing fire in the first mission and I ended up having to do all the sniping. And then I got promoted to sergeant just like that. So uh, I guess this is my team now. I was going to call it team brushy, but somepony said that was too boring, so I'm calling us team Clean Sweep instead. It's close enough. And we've gotten good at making sure we don't leave a single alien standing.

So, I guess I should introduce the team. We're basically all the backups. We've got Lyra and Bon-Bon on point, I'm doing command, Derpy's on heavy weapons (that filly loves her minigun, what can I say?), Vinyl Scratch and Octavia are frontline support, and Cloud Kicker and Dr. Whooves have been watching the ship and doing the medic thing when we need them.

The first couple missions were super dooper easy. There was only one sectoid the first time and I sniped it easy-peezy. This was a breeze compared to dental school.

Second and third missions were a bit tougher, but we really lucked out. The third UFO landed, and we captured the entire thing intact. We're almost done researching alien alloys and I can't wait to get some body armor. Bon-Bon and Lyra made a great team too. I'm pretty sure Bon-Bon has been keeping some secrets from us though. That filly is basically a ninja pony. It's pretty much the only way I can explain what happened when she was the first into that alien ship. Door opens, they rain fire on her, and not a single shot touches her. I guess you could blame it the aliens not being able to hit the broad side of a barn, but if you'd seen Bon-Bon flipping around like she was in the Matrix, you'd understand what I mean.

Our first terror mission...didn't go so well though. At first, it seemed like it would be okay. Our new tank rolled out first and out we went after it. But no sooner had we disembarked the ship than a massive bomb went off. I...was the only survivor. I panicked, I'm sorry, I just, I didn't know what to do. Once every round in my gun was gone, I regained my senses and ran back into the ship and took off.

Lucky for us, I didn't get this hourglass cutie mark for nothing. A little time travel later, and it's like the whole thing never happened. And the second time was way easier. Instead of exploding us when we came out of the ship, a bunch of the floaty alien guys were just hanging out in the open. Let me tell you, watching that first cannon shell collapse one of those toad-things was beautiful. And you won't believe this, but I guess Lyra has been working on her aim ever since I got promoted ahead of her. We didn't bring any capture equipment, but Lyra's shot on the leader was non-fatal! Our very first terror mission and we brought back a live floater leader. I'm so happy.

Your faithful dentist,
    Colgate

P.S. This letter is also your notice of conscription, princess. We're opening a second base in Istanbul and you and princess Luna are going to be running it. Surprise!
    Oh great, now you've got Anarion doing it too. I'm going to have to spend the $15 to get me a copy aren't I? I was hoping to be able to hold out till the sequel comes out in October.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Will she get her lootie mark, you think?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Will she get her lootie mark, you think?
    Spoiler
    Show
    So. Much. Swag.

Neat pic Deadly, Scoots looks just so happy with her grand larceny!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    So. Much. Swag.

Neat pic Deadly, Scoots looks just so happy with her grand larceny!
    Thanks

It was originally my idea to start a tumblr based on this, but I don't know if I'd have the time to actually update it
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-08-29 at 07:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #506

ART: Charger

Spoiler
    Show

Metaluchador - I really like her mane?Mask. The body isn't...flattering, but now I know what the mask looks like, that at least means that Mask fanart is back on the menu.
    Wow, she's been working out.
    I knew this was a bad idea when I had to look up Horse Power images for reference.

Also yay fanart!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Barbarian in the Playground

I need to get better at art. ;.;

Maybe if I had the patience to practice... >w<

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    I need to get better at art. ;.;

Maybe if I had the patience to practice... >w<
    Perhaps you'd be interested in Ponythreads very own learn to draw thread? Sharing your efforts and doodlings there may be just the motivation you need?

29. - Top - End - #509
    Bugbear in the Playground

ART: Charger

Spoiler
    Show
    What's she runnimg from?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Bugbear in the Playground

I suspect I'm kind of a White/Green or White/Blue combo. White/Teal?
    I've got a character like that. I think he wanders back and forth over the blue/green line, for his secondary. His girlfriend's got blue as her primary, but she doesn't live in my head, so I'm not so sure of her secondary/ies.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!