New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The All Guardsmen Party

One thing I'm left wondering is, just what could that great Hulking man-golem thing that was apparently serving the Magos and also leading one side of the fight in the Evidence Warehouse could have been.

Some kind of extra spiffy heavy combat servitor that was being remote operated by the Magos in an unusual display of awareness of morale and leadership by a cogboy?

Some kind of Space Marine sized cousin of the Cherubim?

Some kind of gene-enhanced individual that's not related to the Space Marine form of gene-enhancement?

Quote Originally Posted by DireSickFish View Post
    So is Sarge still an Inquisitor? Will that mean he has equal authority to this new guy? Or is the new guy in charge of them all.
    Greg Sargent is an Interrogator, not an Inquisitor, which means that he basically has a limited, trainee Rosette, like all of the other Inquisitors-in-training that they had been farmed out to up until Sarge's promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    WOW what a story! So happy to see the Sock Puppets make their return. Really sad that the party screwed up the encounter with the Eldar, though it was kind of nice to see their cynicism bite them in the ass for once.

Just how many wounds did that Daemonid have? Seriously, that thing took a ridiculous amount of punishment.
    I, too, greatly enjoyed the Sock Puppets, as well as the twist about the Diplomat. Helped explain why he was so eager to get Sarge back into his How to Talk to People without putting your foot in your mouth lessons, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Glad you liked it, we giggled at how the Eldar Waifu Wat Do scene went.

The next chapter is a big return to the whole "We hate our boss, and this job, we don't want to be here" theme.
    I figured either the entire group was laughing or really confused about where the GM was trying to go with that one.

Ooo, that'll be fun.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-05-02 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DireSickFish View Post
    So is Sarge still an Inquisitor? Will that mean he has equal authority to this new guy? Or is the new guy in charge of them all.
    Sarge is an Interrogator, which pretty much means he's Inquisitor Oak's personal minion and can act with Oak's authority on certain matters. He gets a little junior-Inquisition member rosette (I imagine this as a brightly colored plastic version, possibly with training wheels).

The man we just encountered (let's call him Scissy) is a full Inquisitor, though a very junior one (his sort of final exam as an Interrogator was the whole psyker business with the party). So basically as an Inquisitor Scissy outranks Sarge, but since Sarge is Oak's personal minion, the Inquisitor can't really boss him around too much without starting a pissing match. Of course this whole delicate relationship immediately gets thrown out the windows because Oak just cut Sarge and the party orders to go with Scissy and do whatever the bossy little Inquisitors tells him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    One thing I'm left wondering is, just what could that great Hulking man-golem thing that was apparently serving the Magos and also leading one side of the fight in the Evidence Warehouse could have been.
    In case I decide not to fully explain it in the next chapter for pacing reasons, the Magos likes to grow and flesh-craft humanoid monstrosities. Sometimes their design is based on xenos patterns, sometimes they're based on his own theories, but they're universally made from human-descended genetic material and lack sentience. The Magos refers to them as his "Meat Puppets".

The Magos is nuts.

3. - Top - End - #243

NecromancerGuy

Well, that's one way to deal with the biomass left by people who are too far gone to be lobotomized into servitors or too inedible to be recycled as food, I suppose.

All magos are crazy, but I'd say that's an interesting spin on it. I suppose that would be one way to get around the restrictions on things like war robots, too.

But then I've always been fond of minionmancy, so my perspective is probably pretty whacked to begin with.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Really love this AAR and looking forward to the next chapter being published.
    Feel like a greedy child whenever I go to the webpage to check if it is ready yet

5. - Top - End - #245
    Halfling in the Playground

XD

So...I haven't read this yet or looked at the link but wanted to post a thought.

Would an all guardsmen party be like a medieval version of Cops ( or Cop show )? XD

It would theoretically have some interesting campaign value if the DM was creative or writer...

What do you think?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bookkeeping guy View Post
    Would an all guardsmen party be like a medieval version of Cops ( or Cop show )? XD
    That's not where this goes at all. Although that is what I thought it was going to be at first as well before I read it. I was wrong.

It would be an interesting campaign concept. A chance to look at a different part of an adventures world. Actually now I see the party making fun all the adventurers that wonder through town.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

He's such a tease.

8. - Top - End - #248

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bookkeeping guy View Post

It would theoretically have some interesting campaign value if the DM was creative or writer...

What do you think?
    Doesn't really have much interaction with adventurers, but Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett is probably of interest to you, along with several of the subsequent novels covering the Ankh-Morpork City Watch.

Also, you should totally read through the archives if you haven't already by now.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-10-31 at 11:23 AM.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've seriously considered converting the prologue to fantasy. "Everyone build a hundred zero-level commoners. OK, now you're all drafted into the King's Army, off to the Orc-front with you!"

New episode just came out by the way, or ten percent of one anyway. Dunno what the team's mission is yet, but it sounds like they will be back to their roots for a while!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

If there is a new post up, I haven't been able to access it. The site hasn't been updated since May, as far as I can tell

11. - Top - End - #251

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    If there is a new post up, I haven't been able to access it. The site hasn't been updated since May, as far as I can tell
    I suppose it may still air first on /tg/?
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #252

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I suppose it may still air first on /tg/?
    http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/50033219

There you are guys. It's pretty partial, hopefully more to come soon.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

13. - Top - End - #253

Yay, thanks! These are always a fun read.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just read the partial post on the official site. I really gotta say, the players involved must have the patience of saints considering what has been thrown at them. Almost as if it were a job in fact.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

So, after several days (and one or two very long nights) of reading this campaign journal with almost every scrap of free time I could pull together, all I have to say is that... I'm floored. This journal is extremely well written and I've enjoyed all of the time I've spent on it thus far. I just wanted to drop a message of encouragement for the author. Keep up the good work, dude. This is phenominal

(as a sidenote, I'm hyped beyond belief for the 18th)

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, sorry about the long wait, and especially about all the fake-outs and delays, but here's the next part of the Conspiracy Arc:

The All Guardsmen Party: The "Stealth" Mission
    http://www.theallguardsmenparty.com/secret.html

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

And here I am looking back and forth between that link and my todo list...

Well thank-you for continuing the journal. I actually was inspired by this to make a campaign log of one of my group's campaigns. ... Let's just say that my respect for your work, which was already pretty high, has reached new heights.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get some things done before my willpower runs out.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Hot Dang! Clearing my schedule!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

This is legitimately one of my favourite things right now. Thanks, Shoggy.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the next chapter will be the last one?
    Last edited by YossarianLives; 2016-12-06 at 02:08 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Kobold

Sarg's list is gold, absolute gold.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    This is legitimately one of my favourite things right now. Thanks, Shoggy.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the next chapter will be the last one?
    There are 1.5 chapters and an epilogue left. We'll see how it breaks up, but I'm anticipating 3-4 more postings before the end.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Condolences..

23. - Top - End - #263
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

That's rough. I understand how you feel. Please, take how ever long you need.
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

I just find sanity a rather dull affair

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

For those that are confused, as I was, check The All Guardsmen Party website.

Take the time you need, I will be patently waiting for the day you are up to making a return.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

It's today, it's today!

O boy o boy o boy o boy!
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    It's today, it's today!

O boy o boy o boy o boy!
    I know - I've refreshed that site at least once a week since he stopped posting. It is hands down my favorite campaign log and I don't even play Dark Heresy - but now I really want to! :D

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by coolAlias View Post
    I know - I've refreshed that site at least once a week since he stopped posting. It is hands down my favorite campaign log and I don't even play Dark Heresy - but now I really want to! :D
    I've been worrying about having power on the short vacation I'm about to leave on. Not because I still have to arrange moving to another country in a little over a month, but because I really want read more guardsmen tales.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

I am suddenly very glad that I have little to do this evening and tomorrow morning. Not that I expect it to take that long but still.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Next part is finally up on the archive, sorry about the long wait, hopefully the next (much shorter) one will be a bit quicker.

http://www.theallguardsmenparty.com/secret2.html

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah, wonderful. I managed to see the twist about the Demonhost coming from your writing, and I'm curious as to what point the party were able to work it out. Was it the moment that you've written? Or was it earlier?