New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Never seen giant roaches...I've seen more than my fair share of millipedes crawling around in various places, and a couple of scorpions when I was in Nicaragua a few years ago, but those are all on the ground, so no problems with them flying at my face. Besides, scorpions are cool.

I get a little disconcerted when I see those large mosquitoes...I hate those things. *swats mosquito*
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 06:08 PM.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by mikoto View Post
    What colour does a smurf turn when you choke it.
    I have a bright blue T-shirt that says that.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm...I seem to remember my dad stomping on the giant roaches with very large boots when I was a kid in Louisiana. Nothing else really worked. You could hit them with fly swatters and they kinda laughed it off...or else picked them up and hit you back... I never really stepped on them after the first time I stepped on one...AND NOTHING HAPPENED!!!! I swear the thing kept right on truckin'...after it HISSED AT ME!

I can still remember the horribly loud crunch sound when my dad would stomp on them...

*shudders*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

4. - Top - End - #124

when don't have such big roaches around here...and we used to crush them, or let the cat have some fun while torturing them...

well, now i live on a fourth floor, so there's smaller chances to bump into one.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

5. - Top - End - #125
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Warning: Contains spider. May contain traces of nut.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc6GnoOBA8

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooooo not clicking the link!

*makes Will Save*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

7. - Top - End - #127

Spiders are cool. They're all furry and stuff. Spiders I like.

The only bugs I really find disgusting are the huge, fat flies and also earwigs. Earwigs are probably in the top five most disgusting things on the planet. Right behind colossal squid.
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 06:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

MA Maybe you live in high enough elevation where it's cool enough to keep them out. Also these guys haven't spread worldwide quite yet. The originated in Africa, but were named the "American Roach" because they were first characterized here.

But yeah, they tend not to go higher than the first couple of floors even in the southern parts of the US.

Emerald Rose, I think when I lived in LA for a bit, I expected them more... and not here in Ohio. Though it appears that they have established some population in Toronto (coughs in ZRS general direction) but that far north, they need to house themselves in building over winter, since they can not tolerate temperatures under 15 deg F. But still even my couple months down there, they weren't as much of a problem as they have been here for the last week. But it appears that I have fixed their little red wagon. *And you can tell I read a lot of websites about these guys, I find comfort in knowledge*

I just need to make sure I walk around the apartment in socks and not bare feet. Socks may be AC: 0 but they are +5 vs. cockroaches.... at least keeping them from touching me. Which is really the source of all the fear I have of them.

--- Back to smurfs ----

Since they are blue... that means their oxygen carrying pigment has to be copper and not iron, like most other 'higher' organisms. Oxyidized copper is blue/green which is why bugs 'blood' is blue, since they do have copper as their oxygen carrier.

So a choked smurf would look like non-oxidized copper.... which would be I guess copper colored?
    Last edited by Thes Hunter; 2007-07-15 at 06:41 PM.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

9. - Top - End - #129

I don't like bugs, in general...well except for those...hmmm can't remember their name in english...

*wikies* Pillbug! yeah, like Tuck & Roll...it was easy to find those in my own house...

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

ewewew...
    Fortunately, I've never had to deal with cockroaches. There was a rumor that one of the dorms I lived in was infested with them, but I never saw them. My parents' old house had a thriving centipede community, though. My room was in the attic, and I woke up to find one of those creepy-crawlies (a rather large one) hanging on the sloped ceiling directly above me, about a foot from my face. Talk about a rude awakening...
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Spiders are fine as long as they're not on me, or too close to comfort. I don't like the little black ones that jump. >_>

Yeah, I have to agree... earwigs are gross. If I came by the last earwig on the planet I'd stomp on it mercilessly.

A colossal squid sounds awesome, though... assuming it's not going to kill me, or something.
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-07-15 at 06:45 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Anything giant and slimy is pretty awesome assuming it's not gonna kill me...Like a giant geleton cube!

Spiders are also awesome from afar...Not so cool when they're crawling all over you.

Errrmmm...More stuffs on topic...Yeah...Not filler 'cause I'm bored...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

13. - Top - End - #133

Giant squid are cool. They have all the awesomeness of regular squid, just with being giant. Colossal squid, on the other hand, are disproportionate and just plain ugly.

The only roaches I've ever seen have been small. There's more of a bedbug problem here...*shudder*

Also, that talk of Smurf skin pigmentation is bordering on physics and fantasy...and I'm not letting you kill my catgirl.
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 06:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    Giant squid are cool. They have all the awesomeness of regular squid, just with being giant. Colossal squid, on the other hand, are disproportionate and just plain ugly.
    Yeah, smaller squid are definitely cooler looking. So, yeah, ugly... but still cool.

Never seen a roach in my life.

Also, that talk of Smurf skin pigmentation is bordering on physics and fantasy...and I'm not letting you kill my catgirl.
    Yeaah!...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-07-15 at 06:52 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    I don't like bugs, in general...well except for those...hmmm can't remember their name in english...

*wikies* Pillbug! yeah, like Tuck & Roll...it was easy to find those in my own house...
    You mean Rolli-pollies? Those're great! Flick'em and they'll roll forever!!!
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-07-15 at 06:52 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Anything giant and slimy is pretty awesome assuming it's not gonna kill me...Like a giant geleton cube!

Spiders are also awesome from afar...Not so cool when they're crawling all over you.

Errrmmm...More stuffs on topic...Yeah...Not filler 'cause I'm bored...
    You're from australia, the land of giant poisonious things.

You're opinion on this doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    Yeah, smaller squid are definitely cooler looking. So, yeah, ugly... but still cool.

Never seen a roach in my life.
    I hadn't either until I went college. Darn student housing!
    Last edited by Thes Hunter; 2007-07-15 at 06:55 PM.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. All I can say is the boxes of stuff need to be sprayed with extreme prejudice before they enter here.

Oh... I guess she didn't actually SAY where she was moving too. Oops. Let the cat outta the bag.

18. - Top - End - #138

Only two poisonous spiders here (widows and recluses) and both are exceedingly rare, so I never worry. I like spiders...those little tiny blood ones are cool, though impossible to avoid squishing...

@^: AWWWWWW!!!! (That was an attempt at payback...not really effective, is it? )
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 07:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thes Hunter View Post
    You're from australia, the land of giant poisonious things.

Your opinion on this doesn't count.
    Well...Erm...SHUSH!!!

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spiders are cool. They're all furry and stuff. Spiders I like.

The only bugs I really find disgusting are the huge, fat flies and also earwigs. Earwigs are probably in the top five most disgusting things on the planet. Right behind colossal squid.
    Spiders are great. I have nothing against spiders.

These are a completely different story. I hate, hate, hate these things.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

21. - Top - End - #141
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

No really poisonous spiders around here as well... just the brown spiders, who are nasty.

Oh, and roaches. Never saw those buggers... The thousands of frogs and toads in my home city usually dealt with them.

Btw, I mean thousands... During spring, one could barelly walk outside at night due to the sheer amount of frogs in the streets...
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

22. - Top - End - #142

What? House centipedes are awesome. Kind of annoying when you find them on your bed and have to get them off, but otherwise they're cool.

Found one in my sink once and tried to wash it down. man, those things are amazing swimmers.

Silverfish are creepy and gross.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The only things that invade here where I live are mosquitoes. I hate those things but the weather doesn't seem to affect them as it does with the rest of the fauna... >.<
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Well...Erm...SHUSH!!!
    yeah, this is RB! banter is welcomed!

and you know what do i hate? pidgeons...dirty,dumb birds i tell ya... always running into windows or ruinning your laundry...and, according to an Argentinian Urban Myth...they also consume human beigns ....

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BTW Skippy, I finally saw the keyblade guy at some store in the mall. Or a keyblade guy anyway...

Also, they were selling a giant stuffed keyblade.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

26. - Top - End - #146

What? House centipedes are awesome. Kind of annoying when you find them on your bed and have to get them off, but otherwise they're cool.

Found one in my sink once and tried to wash it down. man, those things are amazing swimmers.

Silverfish are creepy and gross.
    I've never encountered a silverfish before, maybe because our house has a few too many house centipedes.

I honestly don't know what it is with the house centipedes, I guess it's how big they get compared to what I'm used to seeing. I don't like them, never have.

Doesn't help there case they eat spiders.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    BTW Skippy, I finally saw the keyblade guy at some store in the mall. Or a keyblade guy anyway...

Also, they were selling a giant stuffed keyblade.
    I gotta get me one of those, definitely!!! *sigh*

I gotta get out of this country... Nothing cool can be found here...

[/rant]
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

We have waaaaaaaaaaay too many spiders in our house. I try to pretend like they aren't here, because I would probably go nuts otherwise.

Our neighbor was trying to tell me a story about how they get worse in the fall, "They cover the doors with webs so you can't get out, and at night you can shine flashlights through the webs! The kids love it!" This was right after we'd moved in, and she doesn't know me, and has no idea how I feel, so she really has no clue how much she's freaked me out!!

Worse is my in-laws' cabin at the lake....we won't get into that right now.... I have to go to sleep tonight...

EDIT: @ ^ have you tried eBay? You could probably find one on there?
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-07-15 at 07:20 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    We have waaaaaaaaaaay too many spiders in our house. I try to pretend like they aren't here, because I would probably go nuts otherwise.
    Get ladybugs.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, I haven't... Since I've got no credit card (or relatives with credit card near me) it's a little hard... Besides, all I can find are Keyblade-shaped necklaces... And I've got one like that already...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show