New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    But, with that aside, it was fairly smooth sailing the rest of the way, when I found out that this:Isn't true. Endgame spoil:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the Warrior's potential Legendary drops is a Maliwan-made Spike shield named The Impaler. (Vlad would be proud.) Rather than reflecting damage onto those who attack you in melee, The Impaler launches ranged attacks towards those who shoot you with bullets.

Mine's Corrosive, for extra Loader-smiting goodness; not sure if it can spawn as the other elements or not.
    Mine (from playthrough 1) is also corrosive, but:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not instead of melee attacks, it reflects massive amounts of spike damage to anything that ever attacks you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    TVH Sawtooth Cauldron gets all of my hate.
    Mine too, because I get lost a lot, I eventually had to reload just to get out of the damn place
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Did they drop any skins? You want to trade? I have a few heads I don't need. I also have another 'Til Death Do Us Part and Metal Fear.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep an eye on the @GearboxSoftware twitter account. They are giving away codes for golden keys over the next day or so.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

They didn't drop anything, unfortunately, and I've been too busy getting other items to bother spawning him again.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Where are people finding out which enemies drop what? I've looked over multiple wikis and found only a fraction of them, and none even list the one orange item I've gotten so far (Legendary Soldier class mod).
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

So, playthrough 2/2.5 question for you all. My brother and I want to postpone accepting sidequests until we hit level 50 in playthrough 2.5, so that the quest rewards all end up at 50. We weren't sure whether the Hammerlock quests in Southern Shelf would stay with him when he moves to Sanctuary; it turns out that they don't, as far as we can tell, so those quests are lost now. That's fine, no big deal.

(Minor level 16ish spoilers ahead) After
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sanctuary moves
    does anyone know if those sidequests are also gone? Does anyone remember having available sidequests (sidequests not accepted, not "picked up but not finished") when that event happened, and if so were they still available after? Like I said, we'd like to save as many quests as possible for 50, but if those quests disappear we might as well do them all while we still can.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Where are people finding out which enemies drop what? I've looked over multiple wikis and found only a fraction of them, and none even list the one orange item I've gotten so far (Legendary Soldier class mod).
    This thread has the full list (spoilers, obviously, since it names bosses/locations).

As it says in the thread, the drops aren't guaranteed, those particular bosses simply have a much higher chance to drop those legendaries (which can also be found in unrelated spots).

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Some of it is trial and error (and a spot of luck), to be sure.

Some of it is this thread on the Gearbox forums. (EDIT: Ninja'd with link to the same thread. )

The unaccepted sidequests should all be available after completing Talon of God. Which is, conveniently, also the point at which unaccepted sidequests snap up to your level in P2.5, so ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    At worst, from what I saw in my own attempt to do the same, quests are temporarily disabled, but not permanently missed. You can't accept quests originating in Sanctuary from the time Angel betrays you until you get Sanctuary back in the Fast-Travel network. Claptrap's Sanctuary sidequests are unavailable whenever you have a story mission that requires meeting him outside of Sanctuary, and Mordecai and Brick's quests are disabled during Talon of God. You also can't do anything with Lilith's quests once you start Where Angels Fear to Tread Pt. 2 until you've completed Talon of God.

If you want a leveled The Bee with which to storm Hero's Pass, however, you absolutely must complete This Just In before starting Talon of God.
    Last edited by Lunix Vandal; 2012-10-07 at 02:06 AM.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, for the first time this evening I got 3 vault symbols on the slot machines. Of course, it was with a level 14 ..... So while my gunzerker loves the shredifier, I'm still a bit disapointed. Also this morning I got the Legendary Siren mod off doctor zed's shop in Liar's Burg (TVH mode) with my siren, so she's happy.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

I'll trade you for that mod.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nah, I'm in love with it, but if I ever decide to use another I'll post it here.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground

I still haven't received an orange (except for that shield from Lillith which I quickly out-leveled). I found one in a vending machine once, but it actually wasn't that good compared to what I already had.

What's the best place to "grow" a goliath? I've tried leveling one up for that achievement nearly every time I go someplace with them, but it's really hard to get more than 2 or 3 level-ups, even when I lead him around to other bandits to kill and soften them up. Sometimes, I'll pop the helmets off all the goliaths in the area and just them do their thing, but that doesn't seem to work either.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

14. - Top - End - #284

The Warrior dropped an orange shield for me today while helping my friend through Normal Mode... and it was stuck underneath him and I couldn't claim it.

It hurt, a lot.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    What's the best place to "grow" a goliath?
    I've got that achievement, and I'm pretty sure I got it somewhere in the Sawtooth Cauldron--I wasn't actually trying for it, mind you, it just sort of happened. A multi-Goliath setup isn't likely to work, though, because they're too likely to kill each other; you ideally need a single Goliath and lots and lots of weaker dudes who are tough enough for him to level up from killing them, but not so tough they kill him before he gets there!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    I still haven't received an orange (except for that shield from Lillith which I quickly out-leveled). I found one in a vending machine once, but it actually wasn't that good compared to what I already had.

What's the best place to "grow" a goliath? I've tried leveling one up for that achievement nearly every time I go someplace with them, but it's really hard to get more than 2 or 3 level-ups, even when I lead him around to other bandits to kill and soften them up. Sometimes, I'll pop the helmets off all the goliaths in the area and just them do their thing, but that doesn't seem to work either.
    I also got mine at Sawtooth Cauldron, but the best spot is probably the initiation with the Slab King.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The tunnels in frostburn canyon, and make it attack the spiderants

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    So, for the first time this evening I got 3 vault symbols on the slot machines. Of course, it was with a level 14 ..... So while my gunzerker loves the shredifier, I'm still a bit disapointed. Also this morning I got the Legendary Siren mod off doctor zed's shop in Liar's Burg (TVH mode) with my siren, so she's happy.
    I got one of those yesterday. I was so happy. It gave me the Tediore Baby Maker. It's awesome. When you throw it and it explodes, another one bounces out in a random direction and explodes again for the same damage. On large enemies, it usually explodes both at once with a direct hit.

Now if only it were higher than level 22...
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

19. - Top - End - #289

Easter Egg Spoiler - Not sure how else to describe it without giving it away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minecraft egg. We found it, looted it, got a couple of skins, but not all of them. We killed the Badass Creeper too, if it matters. We reloaded the area, but no Creepers respawned. Do they ever respawn? Does anyone know? I only got one piece for Zer0 (head) and want the skin too.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Easter Egg Spoiler - Not sure how else to describe it without giving it away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minecraft egg. We found it, looted it, got a couple of skins, but not all of them. We killed the Badass Creeper too, if it matters. We reloaded the area, but no Creepers respawned. Do they ever respawn? Does anyone know? I only got one piece for Zer0 (head) and want the skin too.
    Not sure what the trigger is, but yes, they respawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Backing out to the menu (character select) respawns everything, even chests. That's the only way I've gotten that room to respawn. I sugeest farming it for some of the weapons, too. I don't really like the sniper rifle the Badass can drop, but it can also drop a shotgun that is really cool.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Not sure what the trigger is, but yes, they respawn.
    Save and Quit, return to the spawn location, kill them again. I'm missing the heads for the all the other classes (that aren't the Siren), but I've got all the skins.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I got one of those yesterday. I was so happy. It gave me the Tediore Baby Maker. It's awesome. When you throw it and it explodes, another one bounces out in a random direction and explodes again for the same damage. On large enemies, it usually explodes both at once with a direct hit.

Now if only it were higher than level 22...
    That's what Madame Von Bartlesby is for.

Related: If you're on PC, friend me and join a game with my Salvador -- I've got three L50 'Makers that I'll be disposing of once I convince Her Royal Stuck-Uppedness to drop the Fire variant rather than just Shock and Bullet.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #294

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    The Warrior dropped an orange shield for me today while helping my friend through Normal Mode... and it was stuck underneath him and I couldn't claim it.

It hurt, a lot.
    PSA

YOU CAN LEAVE AND RE ENTER AREAS TO DESPAWN CORPSES AND CAUSE STUCK WEAPONS TO MOVE TO AREAS WHERE YOU CAN GRAB THEM

THIS HAS BEEN A PSA

Edit::
    The_Charizard on steam. add me if you need anything. 3 level 50s and more oranges then you can shake a truxian stick at.
    Last edited by Archangel Yuki; 2012-10-08 at 02:47 AM.
    Brocham
    Yocham

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Yuki View Post
    PSA

YOU CAN LEAVE AND RE ENTER AREAS TO DESPAWN CORPSES AND CAUSE STUCK WEAPONS TO MOVE TO AREAS WHERE YOU CAN GRAB THEM

THIS HAS BEEN A PSA

Edit::
    The_Charizard on steam. add me if you need anything. 3 level 50s and more oranges then you can shake a truxian stick at.
    Not when the host had to leave after.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, it turns out that Law and Order combo works hilariously with a melee Zer0 (duh). Remember that skill that gives you up to %20 health on kill, at max'd skill? I had thought that it was a good choice. But, this combo returns health equal to base damage on each melee hit. Not to mention an awesome roid damage bonus. Oh, also couple it with that skill that gives you an awesome movement bonus on kill.

Suffice it to say, when everyone else is playing a FPS, you end up playing Jedi Knight.

27. - Top - End - #297

I haven't been able to play much for the last couple of weeks. My gunzerker is level 31 now and I'm taking it at a leisurely pace. Unfortunately, I'm back on the Jakobs wagon since the only guns I've found that have value are Jakobs, ugh.

I was doing splendidly with Moxxi's Good and Bad touch. They spewed out a good amount of ammo with two different element types at an acceptable amount of damage per bullet. Then I encountered two gold drops while putzing around. I can't recall the names but I know what they are.

The first was a Bandit-style SMG that shot 163x2 damage and had a slag elemental component. The magazine size was 89 and this worked remarkably well with the other gold drop: a Jakobs assault rifle that does a whopping 971 a hit. The first is a level 16 weapon that I've since replaced. The second is a level 26 and I've yet to find an acceptable assault rifle replacement. I've tried numerous options ranging the whole color spectrum, save for gold, and nothing compares. I'm reaching the point where that's going to happen though as I found a Jakobs sniper rifle, without a scope, that deals 1598 and a pistol with a ridiculously fast reload speed that hits for 1012. The only problem is gunzerking is now a finger-flapping experience that is a bit sub-optimal.

Ah well. I'll just keep hitting King Mong a few times as he always seems to drop at least one blue and one purple/gold. Last night as I was winding down, I killed him again and nabbed a gold rocket launcher. It does something ridiculous like ~5000x6 but only has an accuracy of 50%. I guess it's a saturation weapon, which works well for me.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Law and Order combo? I'm playing Zer0 myself, and I've never heard of it.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Law and Order combo? I'm playing Zer0 myself, and I've never heard of it.
    You take the Jakobs pistol Law you get from the Marshall in Sanctuary (side quest where you have to accuse a quadruplet of a crime, after returning from The Highlands), it has +100% melee damage. Then you take the shield Order (side quest where you have to accuse one of four friends that stole money, after assaulting Angel's Core Room), a maylay shield. Tried making that the least spoilery possible.

These two items have a bonus when used together, and that's that you recover health equal to the melee damage done with Law. A powerful tool for melee Zer0. It can carry you from once you get it till True Vault Hunter mode, and a bit beyond. Unfortunately I had to re-spec out to a Cunning based build because the poor shields and meleeing just didn't work together at the time. I'm thinking of trying it again once I can get together a level 50 Law and Order pair.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-10-08 at 06:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's a bit risky, but great fun.