New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Earz View Post
    I sometimes thought that the CMC could get a little annoying due to the fact that it was soooooo obvious what their talents were but they just couldn't figure it out.
    I wouldn't worry, they are the most adorable when they fail. And if there was a try-and-fail cutie mark, they would have gotten theirs the first day.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

I sometimes thought that the CMC could get a little annoying due to the fact that it was soooooo obvious what their talents were but they just couldn't figure it out.
    Correction: They are VERY annoying.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

The CMC grew on me. I really disliked them at first, but now I love their antics (:

I think you should just love and tolerate them some more :D

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Here is my speedfic entry for all of those interested.

https://docs.google.com/a/asdnh.org/.../edit?ndplr=1#
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

They grow on you, like a fungus.

Which is to say, they're a lot like real kids. Annoying, ornery (did I just use that word?) and willful, but it's fun to watch them try and learn. Or fail, and try again. They're cute when they're trying, amusing when they're arguing, and adorably sad when they fail. At least, I think so.

That, and the best part about being someone else's kid: You don't have to put up with them all the time!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    On the show they are annoying, but by golly, they're fun to write in a fanfic. Because they're almost usable in any joke situation that requires over-zealous clumsy ponies doing hilarious stuff.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    The CMC grew on me. I really disliked them at first, but now I love their antics (:

Ah yes, "Love and tolerance", the alleged emotions that make me not want to hate the CMC. We have dismissed that claim.

On the show they are annoying, but by golly, they're fun to write in a fanfic. Because they're almost usable in any joke situation that requires over-zealous clumsy ponies doing hilarious stuff.
    That I agree on. Somewhat.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-06-26 at 07:01 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

This is getting tiresome to keep up with...
    who wants to join me in a white text conversation!?
    Don't feel the need to keep up if it's troublesome, sugarcube. Don't burn yourself out because some ponies (like, oh... Me) don't have lives and so lurk here almost constantly. also, What do you want to talk about? I can't think of anything to start off with.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    @Bunny Earz: Never!!!

I just realized something. That's not Luna still on the moon, imagining the time she can get out - you can see the moon in the background. It's Luna after exile, and getting left by herself during evenings.
    Aww, poor Luna! Have some hugs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aye. Luckily, there is a happy ending sequel. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    add repeat after the youtube in the url. So it's youtuberepeat.
    Thanks!

Hey, now they know my weakness!
    Oh, Psh. Anypony who knows you for any length of time would know your weakness. Personally, I'm waiting for the hilarity of someone using a masterball on you. Everypony knows you need a slaveball or a loveball to catch a LixLorn.

I ♥ this thread.
    I seeeeeeee. xD
    It's fun.
    Well, aye, it is... But... Ach, who am I to stop you? Derp on you crazy muffin.

I don't understand.
    *SiuiS pulls up a chair, producing an end table, bottle of the pure, some glasses, and a still-smoking pipe from thin air*

Well, good thing I've dabbled in just about everything, or I wouldn't have the narrativist skill to show you.

::a serving mare, wearing thin, gauzy silks in the standard Arabian Nights style saunters by, delivering two plates of snow peas garnished with snowdrops and lilac petals::

Care to take a seat, sugarcube? The second plate is for you.

(Lix looks at the plate, noticing for the first time a comfy chair behind her)

<elsewhere, something else is happening but it isn't important to the story save for the meta-implications>

I do hope I've illustrated sufficiently? *SiuiS crunches into a pea pod, savoring it's crispness* are you going eat that? I can ge you something else if you prefer.

That monster. He has me by the tail now. DX
    Hirr Hirr Hirr- wait, I chuckle differently as a mare? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sius, a fellow brony brought up a good point:

Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of this wager, do I actually say the p-word, or do I catch myself? I'd like to hear your version of the sequence of events that leads to the all-important moment of "who the heck wins this thing".

Also, this is a bit of my own curiosity:

Did...did you get all that about me just from my posting here, or is this just fancy writing?
    I bet that you will be called out on the trip-up. Saying everypony, getting caught, that's fine. Getting caught for NOT saying it, by maybe trailing off or catching the words halfway through... Bringing attention to the slip, that is where my money lies. Does that make more sense?

And I got all of that from you posting here. I didn't realize it until I started writing it, but that's an honest assessment of your character.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I wouldn't worry, they are the most adorable when they fail. And if there was a try-and-fail cutie mark, they would have gotten theirs the first day.

Spoiler
    Show

I guess all young ponies are cute...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    yes I just wish they would hurry up and relize that they are being stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post

Eh, tolerating isn't my thing. I just want them to get their cutie marks already...
    They grow on you, like a fungus.

Which is to say, they're a lot like real kids. Annoying, ornery (did I just use that word?) and willful, but it's fun to watch them try and learn. Or fail, and try again. They're cute when they're trying, amusing when they're arguing, and adorably sad when they fail. At least, I think so.

That, and the best part about being someone else's kid: You don't have to put up with them all the time!
    true very true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    speaking of when is the next speed fic I would like to join

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Um... It looks like it's time to sleep...

<posts and runs>
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    [color="green"]

Don't feel the need to keep up if it's troublesome, sugarcube. Don't burn yourself out because some ponies (like, oh... Me) don't have lives and so lurk here almost constantly.

haha ya I do have another forum i keep up with not to mention SMBG.Good point...How about....WORLD CONQUEST!!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Um... It looks like it's time to sleep...

<posts and runs>
    Grab 'er, girls! Don' let her get away!

As for the video, I must say that being WRONG[/luthor] doesn't actually make her a liar. Funny, though.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    okay, here some thoughts on Semper Fidelis:

Spoiler
    Show
    First of all, this is just what I think and how I see the relation of Big mac to his sisters.

I'd exchanged the exclamation mark for an full-stop.
    As I see it, Big Mac is respected by his little sister and she considers him her (surrogate-)father. he is good at filling that role, since he is self-confident and patient. She loves him, so her biggest concern should be his disappointment. I don't think she would actually challenge his decisions or orders, so it's not necessary for Big Mac to reinforce his authority by raising his voice. Generally I think Big Mac wouldn't see the need to use "firm looks" or a "tone" that "allowed for no argument" since he assumes that Apple Bloom does what he says in the first place and knows how to behave.

I don't think Big Mac would see the need make a threat towards Soarin. Big Mac is Applejack's big brother, not her father. And from the series I got the feeling that they are equals and there is a certain amount of sibling rivalry, so it's not his role to play her father. Also the need to protect his sister seems somewhat disrespectful towards her. She is independent, strong and not afraid of standing up for herself. In a gender reversed situation a relaxed female Big Mac wouldn't tell a potential girlfriend to not hurt her hot-headed younger brother, so I don't think it would happen the other way round.
    Also I can't imagine Big Mac being threatening, he has too much of a 'gentle giant'. I see him making positive statements about wanting his sister being happy, but not negative statements about how he would enforce that. I don't think Big Mac even knows how to be threatening; he is so big and strong that everybody just does what he wants. In a fight Soarin would probably win since Big mac never had to learn how to fight.

I hope that made any sense.
    Spoiler
    Show

I agree with taking away the exclamation point. I had it in there mostly because Bloom was going really out of line. And you're right, Soarin could take Big Mac in a fight, most likely. Just, well, the story's from Soarin's POV and Soarin went into it ready to be intimidated. I don't like to hide behind unreliable narrator, since it seems like the lazy way out unless you have a specific goal for it, though.

Hm. Dangit, people are giving me competing feedback on this. Let me make my underlying assumptions clear.

1) Big Mac is protective. He is the "man of the house," though he's probably not all that much older than AJ (5 years tops, I think). He wants to make sure his sisters and grandmother are well cared for. He sees himself as the first line of defense in the event of a crisis; Applejack would be annoyed to find out that he thinks of himself that way, but old habits die hard (in my fanon, he's been in this role since their parents died before AJ's trip to Manehattan). So he does think of himself as a surrogate father.

2) He does think of himself as AJ's equal in other senses. If they have a farm decision to make, they come to an agreement. If Apple Bloom got in trouble at school, they'd both be involved.

3) Big Mac's behavior here is because he's balancing two things at once. a) Soarin's company, and Apple Bloom is repeatedly rude in front of said company, mostly out of over-enthusiasm and maybe just a hint of Bloom's desire to embarrass AJ a bit (for the lulz). b) Soarin is a stranger his sister met in the big city and has been talking about a bunch. She's never had a steady colt-friend before, and the fact that Soarin's a celebrity isn't going to make Mac's sense of suspicion lower.

I mean, imagine if your kid sister (if you don't have one, just pretend), who's never had a steady relationship, went to Philadelphia and seemed to have fallen for http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ayer_id=452718. Wouldn't you be worried that the big city celebrity was taking advantage of her inexperience?

Frankly, as a big brother whose sister is dating a loser, I can totally sympathize with Big Macintosh here. My sister has generally good decision making skills, but is blind to the faults of the guy. And that's what Big Mac's worried about here.

Also, it's legitimately hard to write Big Mac because he's had all of four lines in the show and his personality is "the quiet one." So I fully admit the possibility that I'm mucking it up here. All I will say is that I am building up to something here in regards to this.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Next speedfic is really up to blogpony (Sethisto) or Cereal Velocity. Ya'all just have to keep an eye out.

Also, I just finished reading Raz_Fox's one. Awesome first person writing if I may say so myself. I really should try writing 1st person in one of these days.

Ending seemed slightly rushed, but the rest was good. Also, salt in cupcakes? Wouldn't them ponies get drunk? Genius.

15. - Top - End - #315

GnomeWizardGuy

yes I just wish they would hurry up and relize that they are being stupid!
    But if they got their cutie marks, then they wouldn't have their most interesting parts anymore! I mean, what are the Cutie Mark Crusaders going to crusade for when they already have their cutie marks?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Next speedfic is really up to blogpony (Sethisto) or Cereal Velocity. Ya'all just have to keep an eye out.

Also, I just finished reading Raz_Fox's one. Awesome first person writing if I may say so myself. I really should try writing 1st person in one of these days.

Ending seemed slightly rushed, but the rest was good.
    When a speed fic is about to start will it be on the news page?
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-06-26 at 07:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

But if they got their cutie marks, then they wouldn't have their most interesting parts anymore! I mean, what are the Cutie Mark Crusaders going to crusade for when they already have their cutie marks?
    ummm... popularity...??

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Once they have their talents, well, let's think about it.

Apple Bloom: Carpentry
    Scootaloo: Scootalooing Scooter Tricks.
    Sweetie Belle: Music

Apple Bloom can make ramps, Sweetie Belle can make more hair metal songs for background music and then they can have the GREATEST SCOOTER TRICK SHOW EVER!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

When a speed fic is about to start will it be on the news page?
    Yes. It'll be announced before hand, usually a week prior.

Also, you might not want to double-post. It's frowned upon here.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes. It'll be announced before hand, usually a week prior.

Also, you might not want to double-post. It's frowned upon here.
    oops!! Sorry everypony!!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Google needs to use this one day.

Spoiler
    Show

And also, more Trixie!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

So I heard something the other day. Major spoilers, though - only click it if you dare.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No seriously, no turning back after this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I warned you. Jahkaivah
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    that Spike has a crush on Rarity.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    So I heard something the other day. Major spoilers, though - only click it if you dare.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    You've ruined everything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    FOREVER
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    This is what happens when you trust what you read on ponychan.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    *Lyra voice*
    Berry Ann! How many times I told you not to reveal spoilers!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

*Lyra voice*
    Oh no! The Silly has progressed faster than I thought!

I'm sorry, Grif. Apparently nopony had the heart to tell you.

You have 24 hours before you die of The Silly, brought on by months of pony overdose.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 07:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

*Lyra voice*
    "None? Who are yah again?"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Oh no! The Silly has progressed faster than I thought!

I'm sorry, Grif. Apparently nopony had the heart to tell you.

You have 24 hours to live. Before you die Silly, brought on by months of pony overdose.

You... you said I was fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh dear Celestia, how am I going to finish reading Fallout: Equestria in 24 hours?!

29. - Top - End - #329

"None? Who are yah again?"

I dare say you're forgetting about all the other times, now if you'll excuse me, I have a harumphing scheduled with a bird who is also monocled.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

You... you said I was fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh dear Celestia, how am I going to finish reading Fallout: Equestria in 24 hours?!
    I'm sorry, Grif. I thought it would be better coming from your friends and family... who apparently never told you.