New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Here's not-really-a-pairing Tiasal and Xykon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Because I thought I couldn't draw anything weirder.
    It's cute!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I know.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

cool painting. its a little disturbing. it makes me think of xykon as santa for some reason

what do you want for christmas. say it fast or you will be a present for a beginner necromancer.
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Cuuuuuute <3
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    cool painting. its a little disturbing. it makes me think of xykon as santa for some reason
    You're not the first to make that comparison. It's kind of scary how frequently it happens.

...Hmm, how many people here are Discworld fans?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-06 at 06:12 PM.
    DeviantArt

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Me. XD
    TIASAL AS SUSAN?!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #127

You're not the first to make that comparison. It's kind of scary how frequently it happens.

I am! I am!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Hogfather reference?

*headdesk* I told myself I wouldn't post here this weekend until my research paper was done. It didn't occur to me that refusing to read the thread until I was done would probably be more efficient. Now I have failed to do both. Oh well

That picture is simply awesome! I don't know what I love more: Xykon's body(uh... skeleton?) language reading "Awkward..." or how adorable Tiasal is or how it almost says that story from the first page without having to read it.

I loved that story, by the way, Asta Kask.

Heck, I loved all the new stories on the first page, but Asta Kask's especially.

And the musical! Unbelievably fantastic! Do you have tunes for any of the songs?

The Happy Birthday Water-Smurf Tiasal picture was beautiful, and Half-halfling's Happy Birthday Water-Smurf pic was adorable, and-and-and--

*catches breath*

Actually I think that's it. Ah, it feels good to get all that out.
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Why don't we just say this thread is awesome and leave it there? (Grin)

10. - Top - End - #130

Griffon

I liked scene 2 of the musical. Unfortunately I can't see the chart or new pictures.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Promise you'll protect me from any angry trekkies?

Spoiler
    Show

First officer's log, Stardate: unknown
    The encounter with the quantum barrier seems to have led to an unfortunate transporter accident; I have been stranded alone on an unidentified planet. Nearly all of the equipment seems to be in a state of malfunction as well. I have been forced to resort to primitive handwritten records. I have made several attempts to contact the Enterprise, but all have failed. Based on both the few sensor readings I have been able to take and the little information available on the exact nature of quantum barriers, I have begun to theorize that I have been transported to another dimension.

A rustle in the bushes caused the Vulcan to look up from the page he was writing on. He could here faint arguing voices, slowly growing louder as they got closer.
    "Look, Roy, I know what you're thinking but c'mon! It's practically self-sustaining, and only mildly inhumane!"
    "Bah! Without adressing the myriad moral issues that would, of course, be mere encouragement to your depraved soul, the idea itself is highly impractical. From whence would one obtain so many rutabagas in the first place?"
    "Gods, will the two of you just shut up for a moment? Next time I'm trying to go on a stealth mission, I think I'll take the singing bard and the clanking dwarf."
    "How is it my fault Ears can't -" Belkar broke off suddenly, sniffing the air a bit. "There's someone dead ahead. Elf, I think... no, maybe half-elf? Probably some sort of weird subrace or something." He began to reach for his daggers almost without thought, still sniffing a bit.
    "You can stow the daggers, Belkar. I'm just going to go make a Diplomacy check or two, and see if we can get some better directions. The two of you stay here - gods know I need all the circumstance bonuses I can get."
    The young man was only a few yards away, and Roy located him without trouble. Belkar had definitely gotten the elf part right, if the ears were any proof, but Roy couldn't think of a particular subrace with sharply angled eyebrows or unnaturally short, straight hair. The stranger's face was particularly unreadable; Roy hoped he could get a twenty.
    "Hello, I'm an adventurer, and I was hoping you could give my party and I a bit of a hand. We, well, we happen to be a bit lost, and I was hoping maybe you could give us some directions to the nearest village?"
    "An unfortunate coincidence. I happen to be facing the same difficulty as you are. Perhaps we could offer each other mutual aid?"
    "So you're lost, too. Well, you might as well tag along. The forest around here's a bit dangerous for a single person." Roy held out a hand. "Name's Roy Greenhilt, human fighter. You are?"
    "First Officer Spock of the Starship Enterprise. I do not suppose you can give me the name of this planet?"
    Roy groaned audibly. And they had said it wasn't going to get too sci-fi!

"I think it's taking him too long."
    "That is because you suffer from severe mental deficiencies including an attention span comparable to that of a housefly. It has been a mere one hundred and fifty-two seconds since Sir Greenhilt left us."
    "How long does it take to give someone a few directions? Assuming it's not you, of course."
    "Are you suggesting it would preferable to reconvene with the others having obtained incorrect data that would only serve to lead us more astray. I myself would think it better to be able to report back to Miss Starshine and the others with correct instructions. Besides, it is not as if Sir Greenhilt is likely to encounter any danger; you yourself said that it was another elf you detected, not a goblin or an orc."
    "Yeah, but I didn't say what kind of elf. Not all of them are fluffy-unicorns-and-sunshine elves."
    "You do have a point there. Some of my less savory kin are renowned for being nearly as violent and unpredictable as you are."
    "See what I mean? I'm gonna go check it out." The halfling took off suddenly, with the startled elf giving chase, complaining all the while.

"So the majority of your planet is populated by humans as well? Fascinating. It appears as if I have indeed entered another dimension, then."
    "Great. Well, we'll try and find you a high-level wizard or cleric who can spare you a Plane Shift - ours had to go and ban Conjuration."
    "Perhaps you could explain in more detail this 'magic' practiced on your planet."
    "You'd want to ask V about that -" Roy heard both Belkar's feet and Vaarsuvius' complaints just before it was too late, and managed to grab the tail of the halfling's cloak. "Belkar! Dammit, do you ever listen to anything I say?"
    "What the hell took you so long, Greenhilt? Get lost asking for directions?" Belkar shot back.
    "If you would cease exercising your extremely stale wit, perhaps you would be able to ascertain that Sir Greenhilt is not in any sort of danger, and once again, your superfluous conclusions have been summarily proven false, as I had expected they... would." Vaarsuvius, oddly enough, seemed to have lost interest in the spiel. Roy took it as a golden opportunity to get a word in edgewise.
    "Spock, this is part of the rest of my party, Belkar and Vaarsuvius. Belkar and Vaarsuvius, Spock. He's some sort of space elf from another dimension or something."
    "A simplified explanation, but basically correct. Apparently your world operates on some sort of magical system, which can possibly be employed to return me to to my own?"
    "Another simplified explanation, once again the product of Sir Greenhilt, I might imagine. In fact, the magic that governs our world is a great and complex thing, not one which can be summarized by a mere spectator into the realm of the impossible." Vaarsuvius paused, looking suspicious. "Yet, truly, as an interloper into our very dimension, do you truly believe in it? If such a thing does not in your world, why would you accept it in another?"
    "I have experienced several strange things in my own time. If what you say can be verified by scientific methods, I see no logical reason to doubt its truth."
    "Well, now that we've agreed on that... Let's see if we can reconvene with the rest of the gang."

Yeah, I'm pausing it here and calling it part one. This is very good practice for my thesaurus skills, I have to say.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tira-chan View Post
    As long as I'm around, you are under special protective service from Mineral Dinosaurs Inc.

Edit: This is going to get veeeeeeeery Interesting. I can see the sparks starting to fly between V and Spock.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-03-07 at 12:31 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

13. - Top - End - #133

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tira-chan View Post
    Sure. We'll accept part 2 as payment for our body guard work.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    awesome picture

Yep. Says it all, really. Awesome picture!

I liked VxSpock. It was... interesting. And I think it might be easier to ask how many people here aren't Discworld fans. You might even find one. Maybe two. (I'm a fan, by the way.)

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

I LOVE the V/Spock. <3

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I LOVE the V/Spock. <3
    We really need a half-elf template.
    DeviantArt

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    And the musical! Unbelievably fantastic! Do you have tunes for any of the songs?
    Amorphous fledgling tunes, but they could be turned into true tunes if I put my mind to it.

Discworld? Me! Me!

Nice story Tira-chan. You've caught the way they speak really well. Looking forward to next instalments.
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

18. - Top - End - #138

Nice story, Tira-chan!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

gah, a few hours ago i got back from playing a D&D game... i was the only player, so i got to play four of my characters, unfortunately trying to channel the four different personalities that live in my head all at once , caused me to become physically, mentally, and spiritually(not religiously) drained. Resulting in hunger, a headache, and sleepiness respectively... hope the characters themselves didn’t suffer anything similar because of it.

...That or I just caught something from the DM...

And now that that’s off my chest, I must do something to stay on topic!

Spoiler
    Show

have some Jirix/Goblin dan's whife/sister/employee whom i call Goblin Diahna.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-03-07 at 08:01 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. XD

Haha. XDD

21. - Top - End - #141
    Halfling in the Playground

I shall announce it now, I wish to join the night watch.

Also: I liked the V/Spock, but I'm not really into star trek.
    Brand New V/Z hopefully soon (no one get their hopes up yet, lacrosse season is coming up and my teachers are piling on work)

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

To everyone who says my work is good - thank you all. I need a little ego boost right now (the university is screwing with me... )

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    To everyone who says my work is good - thank you all. I need a little ego boost right now (the university is screwing with me... )
    We love you. *gives a big hug*

You and your extensive knowledge of elven biology.
    DeviantArt

24. - Top - End - #144

I am.
    -Xavez
    P.S. This message approved by the Ankh-Morpork Postal Service.
    Last edited by Darklord Xavez; 2010-03-07 at 02:13 PM.
    My name is pronounced "ZAH-vez"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I LOVE the V/Spock. <3
    In fact, that works out (almost) perfectly. I have (again almost) definite proof of V's gender. She is female. At least that is what the rest of the Order of the Stick thinks (see comic #123). Two things about that one: first, it is hilarious; and second, why else would V be in the same room as Haley for the night? But anyways, V/Spock produces some interesting images...
    -Xavez
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by BatRobin View Post
    Yakyak? There's only Yikyik and Yokyok.
    Then it's YokYok.
    -Xavez

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

We love you. *gives a big hug*

You and your extensive knowledge of elven biology.
    Thank you. I need a little love right now.

― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I think you're awesome, Asta!

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Xavez View Post
    In fact, that works out (almost) perfectly. I have (again almost) definite proof of V's gender. She is female. At least that is what the rest of the Order of the Stick thinks (see comic #123). Two things about that one: first, it is hilarious; and second, why else would V be in the same room as Haley for the night? But anyways, V/Spock produces some interesting images...
    -Xavez
    Don't... don't start that discussion here. It's got its own thread, and it's gotta be one of the more volatile subjects allowed by the forum rules. (Not trying to be mean, but I've seen threads engulfed by discussions on V's gender).

Also: Holy Triple Post, Batman!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Posting without the Research Paper guilt this time!

Nice first chapter, Tira-chan.

Cute picture, Gicko.

Hiya, LawyerGoblin. Hope that update's coming sooner than you've implied, but good luck with your school work and lacrosse first.

Sorry you're having troubles, Asta Kask, and your work's always been pretty cool to me.

In other news, once the Paper-writing burnout starts to fade I think I'll get to work on either the next chapter of AulaxTiberiusxAarindarius or HinjoxTsukiko. Right now I'm leaning toward AxTxA.
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.