New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

German Officials are proud to announce today that Kaiser Vexen has finally passed his National Geography test, and has been able to locate Posen on a Geography Map.

In other news Kaiser Vexen has also passed new laws in reference to "Stricter Punishments for High School Geography Teachers"*.

When asked about the apparrent Tensions in the Atlantic, The Kaiser only said he was very confused. Asked if Fall had Fallen yet and began muttering something about building more tanky things . . . and playing with his pewter figures and world map.

*reference to Black Adder i believe it is in Nob and Nobility. . . but i could be mistaken. hee hee . . . Pitt the Twinkle in the milkman's eye . . . gets me every time.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fall 1901

Austria
    F adr-alb
    A klu supports A ukr-rum
    A mon-ser (failed because A ser-bul failed)
    A ser-bul (bounced 1:1 with bul)

China
    A man holds
    A sik-vtn
    F sch-sai

England
    F iri-ire
    F joh-tha/ec (bounced 1:1 with brm)
    F nth-eng (bounced 1:1 with eng)
    F nrg-nth (failed because F nth-eng failed)

France
    F eng convoys A pic-lon
    F gos-cam
    A pic-lon (convoy path pic-eng-lon)
    A spa holds

Germany
    F hol supports A ruh-bel
    A kie-den
    A ruh-bel
    A sax-mun

India
    A afg-ira (bounced 1:1 with ira)
    F ara-yem
    A brm-tha (bounced 1:1 with joh)

Italy
    A apu-pen (convoy path apu-ion-pen)
    F dan-eth
    F ion convoys A apu-pen
    A tyr-ven

Japan
    F ecs-phi
    F npo-kar
    F soj-kor

Russia
    F gob-swe
    F sev-arm (bounced 1:1 with arm)
    A sib-sin
    A stp-oms
    A ukr-rum
    F vla holds

Turkey
    F ank-bla
    A arm-sev (bounced with sev 1:1)
    A bul holds
    A ira supports A arm-sev (support cut by move from Afganistan)

No retreats.

Builds: Due Sunday at 7:00

Austria: 1
    China: 3
    England: 0
    France: 2
    Germany: 3
    India: 2
    Italy: 2
    Japan: 3
    Russia: 3
    Turkey: 2
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shanghai Wen Wei Po

France Invades Britain!
    French armies have invaded the British mainland in an audacious repeat of the Norman Invasion of 1066! Preliminary reports suggest that London has fallen to the rampaging French armies.

China Comes to Britain's Aid
    In response to French aggression, Great China has declared war! In a daring naval sortie, Admiral Zheng He led the Chinese 1st squadron into Cam Ranh Bay (Saigon) with no opposition. With the loss of their provincial capital, France's territorial ambitions in SE Asia have been squashed. All China celebrates the freeing of our brothers from the imperialistic yoke!

Russians Occupy Sinkiang
    The ethnic Chinese province of Sinkiang has been occupied by the Russians. Concern over hostile intentions is high in Peking. In a short statement Foreign Minister Han Xiang Zi expressed confidence that the territorial ambitions of both nations in Central Asia would be peaceably resolved.

British Empire Ruled by Corpse?
    Sadness over of the death of Queen Victoria quickly turned into a feeling of confusion when it was announced that Prince Albert would assume the throne. As Prince Albert died in 1861, the government is understandably confused over succession in the British government. Shanghai merchant Shih Po had this to say: "I though we were the only culture to venerate its ancestors so highly. Apparently not."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Paris Report

In recent world news, France has invaded England, shocking many diplomats around the world. When questioned for why make the audacious move against England, Monsieur Jaques Sol had this to say:

"Well, we were pretty bored and England was just sitting there. We felt that it was time that the army and navy earned their keep, so we mobilized them against the English.

In response, China has claimed to have declared war upon France. However, their warmongering actions preceded any news of london falling. So, Japan, Russia, and India must wonder about having such a dangerous neighbor. If they declare war so easily, why won't they declare war on another, just to keep their machine of destruction going? These questions are things we must ask ourselves for the good of our nations."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

China Finds Paris Report Laughable

France's latest j'accuse screed calls China warmonger for its liberation of Saigon. When asked for comment, Foreign Minister Han Xiang Zi expressed amusement at the French attack. "This is coming from a government that invaded London? It seems to me like the pot is calling the kettle black."

Also, General Li Po, head of the War Ministry discounts French claims that China acted without provocation. "It was plain to see the French had obviously hostile intent towards the British Empire, and we acted accordingly. The French are just angry that there plan for domination of the British has been dealt a blow."

Chinese officials have also denounced French efforts to turn China's regional allies against it. It is obvious that the distribution of Chinese forces poses no serious threat to the homelands of any nation in Asia.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

Laughable Mistake
    Prince Albert is indeed, dead. The new King will be Edward the 7th.

France Invades English Capital
    This season, it is reported that the french have taken our beloved capital city, London. Sources say the King is in protective custody elsewhere.

England Declares War
    The King as appalled by the French takeover of London, and has therefore decided to declare war on the French.

England Thanks China for Support
    The Chinese have decided to be an ally in war to the French. This pleased King Edward greatly, and he extends a thorough thank-you.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Italians Call For War With France, King Vittorio Refuses

While our people sympathize deeply with the people of England, and wish to assist them by whatever means necessary, King Vittorio has put an official kibosh on military reprisals against the Republic. Instead he has encouraged concerned citizens to send care packages to the victims of French aggression in London and the English countryside.

People of Pentopolis Proud to be Italian

According to a recent poll, seventy-four percent of Africans in the recently acquired colonies of Pentopolis and Ethiopia claim to be satisfied with life under Italian rule. We are implementing fair trade practices and appointing natives to political office in attempts to increase our approval rating. We hope that by providing a positive example of colonial rule in these provinces, the absorption of Egypt and Tunisia should be made easier in the coming year.

Italian Army in Venice Scares off Austrians

In light of our army's recent return to Venice, the Austrian fleet that had been menacing the Adriatic Sea has taken off for Albania, making the region once again secure for our private fishing operations.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

People of Sinkang found to be Russian

In a startling development, explorers from Siberia reported that communities of Russians had settled in Sinkang. The Russian Eastern Army moved to secure the newly-discovered Russians this fall.

China Threatens Occupation of Mongolia, Czar, "That's not how it works. Mongolia occupies China. They even built a wall to keep them out.

English fail to take Norway-- Russian military advisers puzzled.

Romania welcomed back into the Russian Empire-- separated from the Motherland since the Scythains.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

Recent Speech from the PM

"We were expecting a different battle manuever from France. It was necessary to take precautions... But those precautions led to the taking of our beloved capital from right under our noses. Therefore, it will be dealt with accordingly, and the taking of Norway will be kept in mind after the French are expelled from our nation."
    Last edited by Dwayna_DF07; 2007-09-22 at 06:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

France Fears for Far Eastern Empires

International adress from Minister Sol of the French Republic

"In the past year, China has shown extreme agressiveness, assaulting the French colony Saigon unprovokedly. China has claimed that they only declared war in response to the invasion of London. However, it is an established fact that the news of these two invasions came out simultaneously. This shows that China was using the excuse of its alliance with England to further its warmongering goals rather than in a show of freindship. I speak of this in interest of Japan, India, and Russia, who are exceptionally close to this nation of darkness. While we understand that we have no right to stick our nose in the affairs of Asia, we respectfully suggest that China is dealt with before it becomes a wild freight train with no control whatsoever."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

China Fears for Far Western Empires

In the past year France has shown extreme aggressiveness, assaulting the British capital of London without provocation. I speak of this in the interest of Germany, Italy, and Britain, who are exceptionally close to this nation of darkness. While we understand that we have no right to stick our noses into the affairs of Europe, we respectfully suggest that France is dealt with before it becomes a wild freight train with no control over it whatsoever.

China Sends Delegation to Moscow

A high-ranking delegation of diplomats and generals have been sent to Moscow in an attempt to repair relations after tensions rose over control of Mongolia. The clerk responsible for the dispatch used incorrect language, suggesting that we have hostile intentions towards Russia. Rest assured he has been sacked and replaced by trained llamas, which promises increased accuracy along with a spiffy new color scheme.

12. - Top - End - #72

BlueKnightGuy

Nobody Fears for Middle Empires

Apparently Austria, Turkey, and about half of Russia and Italy are completely safe, if international concern is to be taken as the basis for danger.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

13. - Top - End - #73

India Fears for Switzerland

In recent months, the news about Switzerland has been slim, at best. It is difficult to say what is going on in this nation, but we can confidently say that there is danger brewing for them. Why is everyone so secretive about the Swiss? Why is no news blowing eastward? In the coming months, it is all but certain that they will be attacked.
    Last edited by thewamp; 2007-09-23 at 04:45 PM.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

14. - Top - End - #74

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Caspian Fears For Unnamed Body of Water Between Moscow and Iran

-Albert Einstein

15. - Top - End - #75

The Geneva Gazette

No Need to Fear for Switzerland
    In response to Indian statements of concern for the state of the Swiss nation, President Muller issued a statement today assuring all who fear for the state of Switzerland's neutrality that all is well in the middle of Europe. "We have received assurances from all nearby nations that they have no intention of attacking us. We believe that the combination of our mountainous terrain and small but committed defensive army will keep any potential invaders well away, and look forward to years of peace and neutrality, whatever the state of affairs in the rest of Europe."
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Austrians Plan Invasion of Switzerland

Austrian Navy Throws Eggs Across Adriatic
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

17. - Top - End - #77

BlueKnightGuy

Italian Army Makes Omelets With Austrian Eggs

-Albert Einstein

18. - Top - End - #78

Weren't builds due on Sunday?
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

I submitted mine, I was going to wait for the GM to post them.

20. - Top - End - #80

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thewamp View Post
    Weren't builds due on Sunday?
    Yes, they were, and I'm dying to see them as well. But as a GM myself, I understand that sometimes things don't run on schedule. Hopefully we'll all be ready to submit orders for Wednesday, though. I know I am.

-Albert Einstein

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

I just re-sent my orders just in case. I understand the delay, and will patiently wait, I am just grateful that someone will be GM 'cause i don't really want to mess with it. It just seems odd because J_Muller posted in defence of Switzerland yesterday just hours before the deadline.

I too cast my vote for orders still being due on Wednesday. Though mine won't be as easy as italy's.

Italian to do list:

1. order troops to conquer africa
    2. Send diplomats to foreign nations to remind them that Italy is a small nation and should be ignored.
    3. Silently plot to take over the world.
    4. laugh Maniacally.

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Moody the Wise View Post
    Yes, they were, and I'm dying to see them as well. But as a GM myself, I understand that sometimes things don't run on schedule. Hopefully we'll all be ready to submit orders for Wednesday, though. I know I am.
    Naw, I wasn't complaining, I was just double-checking.

But yeah, my orders are ready as soon as the builds are out.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

23. - Top - End - #83

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
    Italian to do list:

1. order troops to conquer Africa
    2. Send diplomats to foreign nations to remind them that Italy is a small nation and should be ignored.
    4. laugh Maniacally.
    To loosely quote my Modern Germany History professor from class today:

"When you're Italy, you can scramble for colonies and everyone can just sort of smile and laugh at you, but when you've already got the strongest military and industry in Europe, people get nervous when you start talking about expansion."

That is not to say that I am trying to make myself look small and impotent; rather, I think I have asserted myself as a world power in all of my diplomatic negotiations. However, neither do I want to let you get away with trying to portray yourself as anything but a major contender.

-Albert Einstein

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

sorry for the jibe Moody, I couldn't help it.

German Press Release:

Future German Expansion?

Kaiser Vexen, attended a play last evening while waiting for Winter to fall. He refused to comment to press agents at the time, however, upon leaving a to do list fell out of his pocket. The contents of which have created a great stir in the news room as everyone trys to figure out what it means. We have listed it here for our readers:
    To do:
    Find Babysitter
    Talk to Bank
    Buy some Cookies
    call friends on new fangled telephone
    play with little pewter toys

We truly were expecting with the current turmoil in Europe and the mass confusion in the East something more along the lines of:

To do:
    1. Conquer Low countries
    2. Send diplomats to neighboring countries to convince them Germany is their ally and not a threat.
    4. Laugh like a typical German Kaiser.
    Last edited by Vexen; 2007-09-24 at 02:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
    To do:
    Find Babysitter
    Talk to Bank
    Buy some Cookies
    call friends on new fangled telephone
    play with little pewter toys
    Munich does look like it needs a babysitter. I volunteer.

-Albert Einstein

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

He was on about seven minuites ago, so I can't imagine that he's shirking his duties. He's probably just waiting out on someone's build orders. But enough speculation. Since everyone is listing today, I guess I will.

The Paris Report

Prime Minister Monsieur Jaques Sol has globally anounced his public agenda. However, he refuses to give the media his hidden agenda at this time. The world media hopes to convince him to reveal his hidden agenda, to create more liberty of the press.

Agenda:
    Learn Guitar
    Write Essays on American Poets and Functions
    Study American History
    Party like it's 1899.
    Openly plot to take over the world. (Hint: It involves the Army and the Navy)
    Last edited by GrandDukeJerot; 2007-09-24 at 06:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

27. - Top - End - #87

Fall 1901 Builds

Austria: 1 build was unused.
    China: Builds F can, Builds A han, Builds A pek.
    England: No builds.
    France: Builds F bre, Builds A par
    Germany: Builds F ber, Builds F kie, Builds A pos
    India: Builds A del, Builds F mad
    Italy: Builds F nap, Builds F rom
    Japan: Builds F kyo, Builds F osa, Builds F tok
    Russia: Builds A mos, Builds A stp, Builds A war
    Turkey: Builds A bag, Builds A con

Spring 1902 Orders Due: 10:00 EST Thursday September 27th

Sorry for the delay.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

France Wonders about Austrian Lack of Recruitment

While other countries enacted massive drafts to bring their formidiable forces to bear, Austria stood still. French media wonders why? Have they decided to just give up and be swallowed by Turkey and Russia? Or is this a cunning plan to make them seem less of a force, allowing themselves to be allied by their neighbors. All that is evident is that Austria will be important in the next few years.
    Last edited by GrandDukeJerot; 2007-09-24 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

29. - Top - End - #89

BlueKnightGuy

China Raises Fleet - Trouble in Paradise for Asia?

Although the Japanese government has yet to comment on the matter, we at Il Mondo Italiano fear that China may be preparing for an eventual war with Japan. While conflict is unlikely this year, we will be closely following the situation and we expect the ensuing eruption to surpass legendary Pompeii.

Ottoman Empire Respects Italian Claims

The Ottomans have been very good boys lately. They have yielded to Italian stewardship of Africa and have further pleased our great nation by not building any fleets this year. We expect a shipment of Turkish Delight is also on the way.

Italy and France Sign "Best Friends For Life" Treaty in Hall of Mirrors

King Vittorio and President Sol got together in the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles this Winter to formally declare their status as "BFFs" and to weave friendship bracelets. Mutual understanding on the Marseilles issue was the official cause for the celebration, although it is rumored that an agreement regarding the stewardship of Morocco was also hammered out.

-Albert Einstein

30. - Top - End - #90

The Geneva Gazette

Huge Increases In Military Spending Worldwide!
    Nations across the world dramatically increased their defense budgets this year, amidst fears of global conflict. With the notable exception of Austria, all of the world's major powers expanded their armed forces over the winter of 1901. Tensions run high from Paris to Tokyo, and the resurgence of the ancient conflict between England and France is surely not the only war the world will see in the coming years.

Reichsmarine Swells
    The German government received from its shipyards the latest generation of the German naval forces recently, tripling the size of the Reichsmarine. Germany now possesses one of the three largest navies in Europe.

The Russian Juggernaut
    After a huge round of drafts, hordes of young Russian men have been called up to serve their country, giving Russia the largest land force in the world.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show