New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Alrighty everyone.. Who dosn't have characters. Who needs help with their characters. I'll take a step up to the bat here, roll up my sleeves and do my best. You can PM me with questions or concerns. Or you can hit me up on my MSN which is [email protected].

We'd like to get this show underway soonish, so to help facilitate that, it'd be in our best interests to get everyone prepped and ready. Now whose with me!
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

I am! I have my character's lower level powers, I just need help on Levels 4 and 5. (She would currently be at Level 4 and her powers would progress throughout the game). My ideas for the lower powers would basically go something like this:

Level 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can control the size/power of a smaller fire.

• Can create sparks to start fire.

• Can keep a smaller fire alive if wood is wet or if it's raining.

Level 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can inflict minor burns when she touches someone (which she can also heal, if they are her handiwork).

• Can heat up the internal temperatures of objects (ranging from metal, to paper, to humans).

• Can put any part of her body into a fire for around 3-5 seconds without taking any damage.

Level 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can control large amounts of fire to move, either on the ground or in the air, to where she wants.

• Can inflict a major burn by touching someone.

• Can stand fully in fire for 5-10 seconds without taking damage.

I hope this is good so far...I haven't read that far into the manga yet.

My ideas for Levels 4 and 5...something like this...

Level 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can slowly melt metal with contact.

• Can form a 'glove' of fire around her hand, which she can use for melting things.

• Can create a small globe of fire in her hand which can be used for melting things, and is could possibly be fatal when thrown at someone.

• Can create large (around the size of a small microwave) pieces of fire which she can shape at her will.

Level 5:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can create a fiery lining around her body which can be used as armor.

• Can use all aforementioned powers without needing to touch the object.

• Can create weapons out of fire, the largest of which would basically be a flaming whip.

Please let me know if any of these seem like they need a little (or a lot of) tweaking. Thanks
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Well...I have a few ideas rattling around in my head, so I guess I'll rattle them off to get them out there and see where this goes.

Aerokinesis: The ability to control air, and by extension, sound.

Bilocation: The ability to appear in two places at once.

...Ferrokinesis?: The ability to control metal.

Something involving the wild somehow. Although this is more background than anything.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I am! I have my character's lower level powers, I just need help on Levels 4 and 5. (She would currently be at Level 4 and her powers would progress throughout the game). My ideas for the lower powers would basically go something like this:

Level 1:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can inflict minor burns when she touches someone (which she can also heal, if they are her handiwork).

• Can heat up the internal temperatures of objects (ranging from metal, to paper, to humans).

• Can put any part of her body into a fire for around 3-5 seconds without taking any damage.

Level 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Can control large amounts of fire to move, either on the ground or in the air, to where she wants.

Level 4:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Can form a 'glove' of fire around her hand, which she can use for melting things.

• Can create a small globe of fire in her hand which can be used for melting things, and is could possibly be fatal when thrown at someone.

• Can create large (around the size of a small microwave) pieces of fire which she can shape at her will.

Level 5:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Can create weapons out of fire, the largest of which would basically be a flaming whip.

Please let me know if any of these seem like they need a little (or a lot of) tweaking. Thanks
    It looks good to me, perhaps a bit powerful but I'm listening to The Beatles so I'll completely ignore that

I do think you should consider some skills that are not related to fighting, though. This is not about ninja swat teams (That's NarutoITP) and the fighting will likely be lower than in other FFRPGs
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...I have a few ideas rattling around in my head, so I guess I'll rattle them off to get them out there and see where this goes.

Something involving the wild somehow. Although this is more background than anything.
    Well, you could have control of plants. Like, your character has the ability to speed up the cell division in plants so they grow quickly, and can control the direction they grow in.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-08-19 at 03:46 PM.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216

I see. Maybe...curing burns? Or something? And fever-related diseases...hm, I'll get to work on that.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Practical application for fire powers: welding and soldering metals. Your character can be amazing construction worker, smith, or artist!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #218

I'd prefer metal. Because it's cool.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk
    Well, you could have control of plants. Like, your character has the ability to speed up the cell division in plants so they grow quickly, and can control the direction they grow in.
    You could justify that power the same way I justify Hinata's! That is, as control over molecular structure of plantlife.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Huh, control of plantlife sounds neat, and it fits with the whole "use for both out of battle and in battle". Although, I'm kind of partial to Bilocation. I did think that metal might be pretty interesting, especially when I thought of the guy turning his arm into a giant blade.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

While that is awesome, I think a lot of the power comes from how you implement it. Plants can be pretty awesome. And it could leave a whole myriad of additional uses.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-08-19 at 05:08 PM.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    While that is awesome, I think a lot of the power comes from how you implement it. Plants can be pretty awesome. And it could leave a whole myriad of additional uses.
    ...Huh. Yeah, true. I mean, you could manipulate the plants to create some enhancement armor, in addition to using it's herbal qualities for various things...

Yeah, I think I'm liking this idea!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Level 1:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 2:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Blach

Level 3:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 5:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lemme give a bit of advice, especially for those starting off with a higher level power. You don't need to do a level by level break-down of what it does. Now, don't get me wrong it's helpful to see the intricacies of a power but you don't HAVE to, especially if you are just covering redundant things like upgrades.

To use Moon Wolf's as an example I'd have instead put it as...

Pyrokinesis/Burn Out/WhateverMoon'scharactercallsit

Level 4
    [SPOILER]
    Spoiler
    Show

And then tell everyone what it could do at Level 5, because that's the only 'step up' remaining. I say do this instead because, barring unusual circumstances, people probably aren't going to be going down in level.

Now, as for your character's powers Moon Wolf, they look fairly good though I don't know how she can heal burns if all she can do is control fire. (Burning someone to heal their burns is...er...contradictory) That said it's difficult to have a lot of 'utility' with an ability like pyrokinesis unless you begin adding additional abilities unto it that don't have much to do with creating/controlling flame.

...Also I'm wondering how the small globe of fire (unless it's explosive or extraordinarily hot) is going to be fatal on it's on. Lots of them, sure. But if it's explosive, should mention that. If it's that hot then you should mention that too. And think up how she's holding a flame that hot if she can only stand in an ordinary flame for 5-10 seconds without getting hurt.

Otherwise, looks pretty good! ^_^

Inu: I don't think Bilocation would be a good choice unless the 'other him' was just an image...or he was really just a twin and the other person was him. along those lines the Aerokinesis kinda infringes on the resident sound-controller's powers as you stated it. I'd say either make that control of air just that or talk to sound controlling guy about it.

To Everyone: Les try not to overload on Level 4's and 5's (though we don't have many of those yet, thank goodness). Level 0-3 are just as important.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, can I make a leader to the Skill-Out Jaguar gang? Or is that already taken?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Hey, can I make a leader to the Skill-Out Jaguar gang? Or is that already taken?
    I know 13 has some plot involving the Jaguars but I don't think he has a leader in mind for them or wants to play the leader for them. So...ask 13? o.o
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Ability to melt metal and hold molten-hot metal in bare hands is immensely useful for welding, dammit! You can't even begin to know how often I've wished to have that power in my job! Any heat-controlling character who doesn't use it for metal working is putting it all to waste, you hear me!

... though I guess you could also use such power to become a magnificent cook or circus performer.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Inu: I don't think Bilocation would be a good choice unless the 'other him' was just an image...or he was really just a twin and the other person was him. along those lines the Aerokinesis kinda infringes on the resident sound-controller's powers as you stated it. I'd say either make that control of air just that or talk to sound controlling guy about it.

To Everyone: Les try not to overload on Level 4's and 5's (though we don't have many of those yet, thank goodness). Level 0-3 are just as important.
    Well, as interesting as the idea was for Bilocation, I think I'll go with Plant Manipulation. I didn't know that the sound manipulation would be infringing on anything, sorry about that.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the plants. What do I do next?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, as interesting as the idea was for Bilocation, I think I'll go with Plant Manipulation. I didn't know that the sound manipulation would be infringing on anything, sorry about that.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the plants. What do I do next?
    Think of the appearance, personality, background and ordinary qualities of your character?

Power-wise, ESPers are graded from level 0 to level 6. 0 means non-existent powers, or powers that can't be directly measured and / or are completely passive in nature. 1 is slight powers, like causing a plant to open and close its leaves. 2 is a bit more visible, like causing flowers to grow and bloom at abnormal rate. 3 means you can probably fill garden house to the brim in few hours, starting with nothing but few seeds and soil. 4 means you can probably turn a small part of local park into a jungle and make the trees maul someone. 5 means you can destroy half of the city via vegetation. 6 means you are God of Plants, and pretty much everything else too. Level 6 ESPer is nothing but a wild dream, for now.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-08-19 at 06:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, powers and abilities do not a good character make.

But remember, sometimes the lower leveled characters can be the most fun to play.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Have him practice woodcrafting! Or farming! Think of the mundane utilities! He needs no supermarkets, he can grow his own food!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Level 6 ESPer is nothing but a wild dream, for now.
    Level 6 ESPer may be a dream period. One hasn't been seen at all in canon and the Level 5 Esper closest to it still had to kill 10,000 Level 3s before he was supposed to be a Level 6. This same guy split a continent.

In other, more practical, terms the levels are only 0-5.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Remind me again why there isn't a Doujinshi where Accelerator takes on Aizen in an epic match of epicness?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Remind me again why there isn't a Doujinshi where Accelerator takes on Aizen in an epic match of epicness?
    Maybe there is. But I think it is not so interesting.
    Because he is more fun to stay within Toaru Majustu no Index world I think
    . With his disability it would not be fair to fight such a character later anyway.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

24. - Top - End - #234

Thank you Callos for the advice

Level 5 wouldn't be achieved until much later in the game, of course. The fire (and the globe of fire) would be very hot. Think of the globe as...around the temperature of condensed liquid metal (i.e. very very hot). I'll have the entry up within the next few days!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you Callos for the advice

Level 5 wouldn't be achieved until much later in the game, of course. The fire (and the globe of fire) would be very hot. Think of the globe as...around the temperature of condensed liquid metal (i.e. very very hot). I'll have the entry up within the next few days!
    No problem Wolf.

But the globe is also my point. It's very hot so she probably wouldn't be able to hold them for very long (or at all!) with her abilities as they are. Just something you may want to keep in mind is all.

26. - Top - End - #236

Basically she'd create it with the aim already in mind and throw it as soon as it was fully formed. Otherwise, yeah, ouch time...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, to show I will actually make a character, I'll come up with a preliminary background.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (X) was with a group of children when they went on a camping trip. However, the group contained espers, (X) being one of them, becoming a target for the Spin-off Jaguars. The ambush abandoned the group in the middle of a forest, stranding what few survivors were left. Eventually, after a few months, he became the only survivor. He developed his own abilities as a Plant Kinetic being left to his own devices.

He was left there for a little more than a year before a rescue team got a lead on him. The team found him after 2 weeks, when he tried to attack them, believing them to be Jaguars trying to finish the job. When he realized who they were, he allowed them to take him.

Now, he's at (insert name of school here), refining his abilities.

I'm thinking of maybe making him somewhere between 3 and 4.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, to show I will actually make a character, I'll come up with a preliminary background.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (X) was with a group of children when they went on a camping trip. However, the group contained espers, (X) being one of them, becoming a target for the Spin-off Jaguars. The ambush abandoned the group in the middle of a forest, stranding what few survivors were left. Eventually, after a few months, he became the only survivor. He developed his own abilities as a Plant Kinetic being left to his own devices.

He was left there for a little more than a year before a rescue team got a lead on him. The team found him after 2 weeks, when he tried to attack them, believing them to be Jaguars trying to finish the job. When he realized who they were, he allowed them to take him.

Now, he's at (insert name of school here), refining his abilities.

I'm thinking of maybe making him somewhere between 3 and 4.

Hrm...I'm not sure if the Jaguar were originally designed to roam around any forests outside of Japan, though I suppose if we move District 10 to the edges of the City it could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Maybe there is. But I think it is not so interesting.
    Because he is more fun to stay within Toaru Majustu no Index world I think
    . With his disability it would not be fair to fight such a character later anyway.
    I don't think people without Nico Nico accounts can watch Nico Nico videos.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-19 at 08:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Hrm...I'm not sure if the Jaguar were originally designed to roam around any forests outside of Japan, though I suppose if we move District 10 to the edges of the City it could be possible.
    Well, it doesn't have to be Jaguar. I originally planned to have him be in jungle, but I figured forest might be more suitable. Plus, he could be flown in from somewhere. That was just a preliminary background to get the general idea across.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you game.