New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Image dump, DT edition. because everypony needs love.
    Spoiler
    Show

I actually like Diamond Tiara. Not as a character. I just like her design. Silver Spoon's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Prism Tanks. Prism Tanks solve everything. Well, everything that doesn't fly, anyway.

Zevox
    That would be my choice. That or Chrono Commandos, because erasing your enemies from history is awesome.

Yuri gets an honourable mention simply for "Yes. I know."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun
    Well, saying that Derpy is too mean for a name and then happily trotting out Ditzy as the replacement is like saying, "Don't call her a retard. That's mean. Call her a moron instead! "
    Is Ditzy really that insulting of a name? I never thought of it as meaning stupid. I rank it among "silly" or "goofy" as insults go.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Oh lord I feel so evil *shivers*

While he's incapitated I'll explain what happened.
    He just gathered up a bunch of friends and got a guy who was being kind of down of ponies a massive blast of orbital friendship cannon.
    All in the spirit of good fun.

So much friendship.

He got sent an orbital friendship strike from 9 different people. It kind of broke him.
    You mean he hit somepony with an OFC strike 9 times!? Oh dear, is he alright? Although, this might be a good opportunity to gather some data on the effects that huge bursts of concentrated friendship have on victims targets that haven't developed a high friendship tolerance yet.

Also, pocket ponies are the best thing. Ever.
    This is awesome. No other words for it.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Also, darn you to heck. I was out. I had moved past this whole 'fillies' thing. Now I'm caught in the whirlwind of adorable again, and it's all your fault. Meanie.
    You're welcome!
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-10 at 05:05 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hello fellow Pony loving friends. Long time no see.
    Way too long. Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    ^>>>^ aww. Thanks~
    And then there are the fantastic fillies, like Phoe and Lixie and filly!SiuiS~
    And now I want to catch them all. I wonder how long it takes to train a Phoe up to a Shimmer and finally a Silver Lining. And if SiuiS would trade a Lixie for a Brazen_Shield. They level up faster if you trade them with your friends. And they all gain Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Hah! Sorry><
    I was referring to my stopping with the puns in exchange for the hard to read letter-sounds going away T_T
    Other languages confuse me. They're easy to read, but hard to say and understand out loud for me. Adding the "out loud" aspect of the language to the reading part of it just throws me for a loop.
    You can ignore me~

MOSTLY I was failing at making a joke~
    That's funny, because English is really confusing with it's rules for pronunciation. Here we just speak the letters in the words the same way they are written.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-08-10 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Orc in the Playground

This has got to stop! You've had this thread for less than a week, and already it's up to page 47!
    I love ponies as much as the next guy, but this is too much! You should all be ashamed.
    There's children in some parts of the world who have to survive on a single thread a year, yet you have used 19 of them in eight months. Not even the crack pairings thread managed this. It's despicable.

But seriously though, no-one can keep up with this. Can't we just have a pony subforum or something. I'm sure having 28500 posts on a single subject justifies the creation of one.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

I'll never understand the insistence that Ditzy is a better name than Derpy. I'm aware of the common arguments that 'she was called Ditzy in the show' and 'Derpy sounds too mean', but... well, the pony known as 'Ditzy Doo' never actually showed up on screen (she was too busy flying North to collect the southern birds), and...

Well, saying that Derpy is too mean for a name and then happily trotting out Ditzy as the replacement is like saying, "Don't call her a retard. That's mean. Call her a moron instead! "

Forgive me if those reasons are not your own, I really can't recall. It's just seeing the argument hinted at dug up memories and thoughts, and I have no inhibitors right now so I'm set very firmly on 'blabber'.
    My impression is partly that "ditzy" is not as offensive a term in the UK as to (parts of) America, for starters. My main reason is I just like the sound of it better, especially because it alliterates (and Dinky Doo as daughter sounds much better than Dinky Hooves for the same reason.)

And actually, at least around this part of the universe, calling someone a "moron" is much less offensive than calling them "retarded". (Especially astute posters will notice that I use the former frequently and the latter never, except in quasi-derived forms such as frak-tarded.)

I'm now having a reverse problem, in that I now can't imagine Ditzy speaking except in the voice of the Kirov airship.

"Airpony rready!" "Muffin mix optimal!"

That's, like, bad, right?

Also, Pokey Pierce (I think that's his name) may not have a voice actor or not, but he's just born to drive a GLA Quad Cannon. "I'll puncture the next thing that moves!"

I see Australia is absent. I assume because it became a radioactive wasteland. This setting and 2140 still have something in common.
    The Oceanic Union is one of the many others I didn't expand on. (Largely because it's not one of the major powers). But yes, GZG, the company who make the quote unquote official models even have some with proper hats...

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat
    "Интегрированный" sounds too buzzwordy for a real military name. Battlefield doesn't translate well.
    I like "adjutant" too. But every time I try to think of a full name, my brain wants me to end with ".. system". That is realistic, but way too predictable, boring and doesn't accommodate "adjutant" at all.

The thing is, it's hard to imagine a military name for such a thing, because it's hard to imagine the military ever using the thing. If they need something, it has to be repairable by bits of string and swearing at it. The EVA is too easily emulated by a person and some signal lights.
    Okay, how about Tactical Combat Enviroment System?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-10 at 05:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Given that we've pretty much determined that a pony is ~2 feet tall, that is a very little person.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I actually like Diamond Tiara. Not as a character. I just like her design. Silver Spoon's too.
    Y'know, thanks to a particular DeviantArt image, this has been on my mind. Her name is Silver Spoon, right? That must mean there are spoons in Equestria. But how would a pony even use a spoon? They can't hold it in one hoof, and holding it in two hooves would just be incredibly awkward. Holding the spoon in your mouth would be highly counterproductive. Unless it had a very different shape to, say, channel liquid into the mouth. But it apparently doesn't, because we can see the one on Silver Spoon and it isn't shaped differently...

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    This has got to stop! You've had this thread for less than a week, and already it's up to page 47!
    I love ponies as much as the next guy, but this is too much! You should all be ashamed.
    We've been averaging 4-5 days a thread for the last handful or so, and that's not counting any intentional attempts to speed up the process. (We've apparently been asked not to try that again.)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

7. - Top - End - #1417

@Pony Alert 2:

FLUTTERSQUIDS omgosh
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

That would be my choice. That or Chrono Commandos, because erasing your enemies from history is awesome.
    Ah yes, Chrono Commandos. I loved doing some levels with my entire strategy just being to build a bunch of them and have them pick off buildings and units around the edges of the enemy base until I could get at the important stuff. Or using them to completely screw Yuri's miners, since the AI won't have the actual miners attack them while they dematerialize the mining vehicle (plus you get free scouts/canon fodder after!).

Also worked great to toss a couple of them into those armored transport vehicles along with a Seal and couple of anti-tank infantry. Turns them into mobile death incarnate.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Y'know, thanks to a particular DeviantArt image, this has been on my mind. Her name is Silver Spoon, right? That must mean there are spoons in Equestria. But how would a pony even use a spoon? They can't hold it in one hoof, and holding it in two hooves would just be incredibly awkward. Holding the spoon in your mouth would be highly counterproductive. Unless it had a very different shape to, say, channel liquid into the mouth. But it apparently doesn't, because we can see the one on Silver Spoon and it isn't shaped differently...
    Pony tactile telekinesis, the same thing that allows them to use their tails prehensile-y and lets Pinkie do all her baking and Vinyl Scratch use her DJ equipment (and other play the piano are such). That's what I reckon, anyway.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-10 at 05:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, in a completely unrelated matter, I think I've figured out a plan to separate the Excerpts of A Midnight Nightmare with more than just your typical

"* * * *"

I'm gonna go out tonight when it's really dark, with my camera, and take pictures of the night sky, and use *those* to separate the Excerpts. I think that might work well.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

Is Ditzy really that insulting of a name? I never thought of it as meaning stupid. I rank it among "silly" or "goofy" as insults go.
    I've never known it not to be meant as an insult. Ditz is spoken with the same sort of venom as idiot or klutz or any of the other sorts of barbs that get tossed around by jerks when somepony screws something up.

Like any insult, it can be used playfully, but that applies equally to derpy, which I have honestly heard more in recent years as a "friendly" insult. It sounds too silly; people don't feel right shouting it at you.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Okay, in a completely unrelated matter, I think I've figured out a plan to separate the Excerpts of A Midnight Nightmare with more than just your typical

"* * * *"

I'm gonna go out tonight when it's really dark, with my camera, and take pictures of the night sky, and use *those* to separate the Excerpts. I think that might work well.
    That's an interesting idea. I'd love to see the finished product before I weigh in on the story as a whole.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-08-10 at 05:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    My impression is partly that "ditzy" is not as offensive a term in the UK as to (parts of) America, for starters. My main reason is I just like the sound of it better, especially because it alliterates (and Dinky Doo as daughter sounds much better than Dinky Hooves for the same reason.)
    I agree with the aliteration sounding better. And Dinky Doo is an adorable name. Hadn't considered that Ditzy might be more insulting across the pond.

Also... why Derpy Hooves? Don't get me wrong, I like that name too, but why Hooves? Shouldn't it have been Derpy Eyes or something?

I'm now having a reverse problem, in that I now can't imagine Ditzy speaking except in the voice of the Kirov airship.

Bad? Yes. Hilarious? Yes.

Also, Pokey Pierce (I think that's his name) may not have a voice actor or not, but he's just born to drive a GLA Quad Cannon. "I'll puncture the next thing that moves!"
    XD

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I saw that too. Kinda baffled me. Then I just figured she strapped the spoon to her hoof or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Ah yes, Chrono Commandos. I loved doing some levels with my entire strategy just being to build a bunch of them and have them pick off buildings and units around the edges of the enemy base until I could get at the important stuff. Or using them to completely screw Yuri's miners, since the AI won't have the actual miners attack them while they dematerialize the mining vehicle (plus you get free scouts/canon fodder after!).

Also worked great to toss a couple of them into those armored transport vehicles along with a Seal and couple of anti-tank infantry. Turns them into mobile death incarnate.

Zevox
    Yeah, pretty much this. SO satisfying.

Pony tactile telekinesis, the same thing that allows them to use their tails prehensile-y and lets Pinkie do all her baking and Vinyl Scratch use her DJ equipment (and other play the piano are such). That's what I reckon, anyway.
    Yeah, that too. Though Scratch is a unicorn so I doubt she'd have much trouble. Octavia is a good example though. How does she hold her bow-string? She just does.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

13. - Top - End - #1423

I've never known it not to be meant as an insult. Ditz is spoken with the same sort of venom as idiot or klutz or any of the other sorts of barbs that get tossed around by jerks when somepony screws something up.

Like any insult, it can be used playfully, but that applies equally to derpy, which I have honestly heard more in recent years as a "friendly" insult. It sounds too silly; people don't feel right shouting it at you.
    I agree. I've always heard ditz as a character trait. I've never heard derp in a non-positive way.

"* * * *"

If you're planning on putting an entire page of stars between chapters, I'd recommend against it. Also, taking pictures of stars is difficult without a specialised camera, and nigh (read:neigh) impossible in a city, so be sure to take account of that.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

I actually did an informal survey. People either had no idea what Derp was or they thought it was roughly equivalent to ditz.

To me, we all slip in and out of derpitude, while a ditz is a full time position.

And y'know, until we see distinct evidence of last names (aside from Mr and Mrs. Cake) and last names being passed down to children, the little unicorn could be Dinky Doo, even if the mom's name is Derpy Hooves.

And I honestly have NO idea where the Hooves came from.

Also I'm not interested in a subforum, truth be told.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-10 at 05:31 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

15. - Top - End - #1425

That's an interesting idea. I'd love to see the finished product before I weigh in on the story as a whole.
    I *do* hope you'll like it, but I'm also willing to listen to any comments and criticisms you have with it, once you've read the finished product. At the very least, your information and help was part of what made Moonlight so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    If you're planning on putting an entire page of stars between chapters, I'd recommend against it. Also, taking pictures of stars is difficult without a specialised camera, and nigh (read:neigh) impossible in a city, so be sure to take account of that.
    Oh, goodness, no. Not a whole page of picture, that would just be...nuttiness. Just like, a small picture. Enough to bring sort of the necessary break in the narrative.

And I'm aware of the problems involved, believe me, it's just basically going to be an experiment to see if I can do it. If I can't, I'll come up with something else.

16. - Top - End - #1426

GnomeWizardGuy

A subforum doesn't seem very practical to me, either. The main point of a forum is to allow multiple discussions about a topic, but we really only have one - the ponythread. Sure, the occasional question might pop up, but for the most part you'd just see Pony Thread XIX, Pony Thread XVIII, Pony Thread XVII...

I would highly recommend against trying to stick any MLP-oriented roleplay in a similar subforum, as well. While it may "pad" its size, it would just as likely kill the threads due to not getting any new players (who would be looking for roleplay in the roleplay forums).

EDIT
    Oh, goodness, no. Not a whole page of picture, that would just be...nuttiness. Just like, a small picture. Enough to bring sort of the necessary break in the narrative.
    What about something like a pagebreak divider? Something like 5" wide and 1/4" tall, making it clearly a divider but just showing a slice of the nighttime sky.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-08-10 at 05:41 PM.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, how about Tactical Combat Enviroment System?
    I've stirred some words around for a while.
    Система Оперативного Тактического Информирования.
    (System of Quick Tactical Informing if translated word-for-word.)

Given that we've pretty much determined that a pony is ~2 feet tall, that is a very little person.
    Or it's the product of superior Nazi science that sneers at your feeble concept of pony.

Or coffee-robot-like pneumatic gripper.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

And I honestly have NO idea where the Hooves came from.
    I think it's because she's shipped as Doctor Hooves' companion/wife.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

19. - Top - End - #1429

And I'm aware of the problems involved, believe me, it's just basically going to be an experiment to see if I can do it. If I can't, I'll come up with something else.
    I'd like to see how this turns out, as well. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I think it's because she's shipped as Doctor Hooves' companion/wife.
    This I never got. I mean, I saw it as a joke that all the companions were scatterbrained, but other than that I saw now reason for her to be the companion.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

This I never got. I mean, I saw it as a joke that all the companions were scatterbrained, but other than that I saw now reason for her to be the companion.
    People thought they made a cute couple I guess?

I dunno, I kind of like it.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

Because both are popular with the fandom and became so during its earliest days?

Also, for anyone who reads Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki, I had a moment of the pot calling the kettle black. I was in the artist's sketchbook, and she drew a pornographic picture of a humanified Rainbow Dash. She made a comment like "I like the fandom, but I don't like the show (it's soooo slow)."

Now, I've heard this complaint before, and that's fine. But not two days later, she updated the comic for the first time since February. In six pages, all that happened was that a character ran in and embraced another. I just find that highly amusing.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-10 at 06:01 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #1432

They obviously use Self Adhesive Materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Noooo, my snooty correction Rarity mode has been defeated!

That does give the chance to bring up the fun fact that Escavalier is based on a species of beetle that forcibly enter snail shells, eating the occupant in the process.
    I did not know that, and that is pretty creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post

I'm a skitty! Because skitties are cute and awesome and yet normal at the same time. Drearilly normal. Depressingly completely normal.

But yeah, what you did with the dark types, I have done with ghost types over the years...

And Eevees... oh the eevees.

Bred like a thousand of those little rodents and still haven't gotten a single shiney. Darned eevees...
    Yeah, I've never had any luck with shinies, which gets all the more annoying when a friend of mine runs across them all the time. Seriously, in Heart Gold, he went to capture Ho-Ho, and it was a friggin shiny!

Also, I know it is blasphemy amongst some groups, but I am really not a big fan of the Eeveelutions.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

23. - Top - End - #1433

What about something like a pagebreak divider? Something like 5" wide and 1/4" tall, making it clearly a divider but just showing a slice of the nighttime sky.
    That's sort of what I'm thinking, yes. Something that's visually distinctive but not intrusive.

My backup plan is to use some public-domain pictures from the Hubble telescope.

Also, for anyone who reads Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki, I had a moment of the pot calling the kettle black. I was in the artist's sketchbook, and she drew a pornographic picture of a humanified Rainbow Dash. She made a comment like "I like the fandom, but I don't like the show (it's soooo slow)."

Now, I've heard this complaint before, and that's fine. But not two days later, she updated the comic for the first time since February. In six pages, all that happened was that a character ran in and embraced another. I just find that highly amusing.
    Heh. Two different types of slow, I suppose, but that's some serious pot-kettling going on there.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

That's sort of what I'm thinking, yes. Something that's visually distinctive but not intrusive.

My backup plan is to use some public-domain pictures from the Hubble telescope.

Heh. Two different types of slow, I suppose, but that's some serious pot-kettling going on there.
    Ah, but she managed to have TWO types of slow! Slow moving plot update + long wait between updates.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-10 at 06:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Does she mean the pacing of the episodes or the plot? Because the plot is almost nonexistent so it cannot be slow and the pacing of the episodes is pretty quick, after all, they are each 22 minutes.
    But yeah, that is pretty amusing.
    Also, I have discovered an official MLP/Transformers crossover. Megatron's second line seems strange though, why would I be ready for the "hot nuts"?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-10 at 06:30 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

26. - Top - End - #1436

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Cruisers are hax and you know it.

Mammoth Tanks are. So. Awesome!

And I thought I was the only one that actually played that game.
    I'm sorry Fluttershy, but you just need to step up your air force. If you're fielding enough arial death, then cruisers can't touch you. I also don't remember them being that great against other ships.

Also, pocket ponies are the best thing. Ever.
    And that's another step towards me giving that game a try.

Spoiler
    Show
    If everypony could use spoons, then using a spoon wouldn't be much of a special talent, now would it?
    Because both are popular with the fandom and became so during its earliest days?

Eh, at least the wosserface seems to have finished with her rampage. Though yeah, with the way the updates have been flowing of late, it is a rather silly thing for her to be saying.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

Displeased enough to not want to pursue me anymore...?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Okay, so you only meant Filly!SiuiS, but I'll be darned if I can't get the only form of blackmail that will work on anyone, even a goddess: cute baby pictures!

BAD pony. BAD.

Tesla anything!

*Is in the middle of painting some ESU powered infantry models as Tesla Troopers*

Rubber shoes in motion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Dash? Commandos?
    *I got a present for you!*

Okay...

That said, Derpy for Kirovs.
    Okay, that is one time I'll grant you Derpy is better than Ditzy, because the "r" in it is perfect for the psuedo-Soviet accent; and "Derrpy rreporting!" would just sound awesome.
    oh god all of this. yes. Just yes.

And actually, at least around this part of the universe, calling someone a "moron" is much less offensive than calling them "retarded". (Especially astute posters will notice that I use the former frequently and the latter never, except in quasi-derived forms such as frak-tarded.)
    Same, I essentially never use the latter.

Personally, I don't even think of derpy as rude. If you derp, you mess up silly-ly. If you are derpy, you do it a lot. So?

It is good and proper.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Does she mean the pacing of the episodes or the plot? Because the plot is almost nonexistent so it cannot be slow and the pacing of the episodes is pretty quick, after all, they are each 22 minutes.
    But yeah, that is pretty amusing.
    Also, I have discovered an official MLP/Transformers crossover. Megatron's second line seems strange though, why would I be ready for the "hot nuts"?
    I know when I go to baseball games, I always get hot roasted peanuts.

Also, she didn't qualify it beyond that. I suspect she means the pacing, which I thought was odd, since it is pretty fast paced. Maybe what she actually meant was "boring," which made the show FEEL slow to her.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-10 at 06:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1439

I know when I go to baseball games, I always get hot roasted peanuts.

Also, she didn't qualify it beyond that. I suspect she means the pacing, which I thought was odd, since it is pretty fast paced. Maybe what she actually meant was "boring," which made the show FEEL slow to her.
    Yeah, I have to say that if it is about pacing, that's just weird to me, considering one of the complaints I hear about episodes is that because they're almost all one episode wonders, the pace can be a little quicker than one might like about certain problems.

You're probably right, she probably meant 'boring'.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I have to say that if it is about pacing, that's just weird to me, considering one of the complaints I hear about episodes is that because they're almost all one episode wonders, the pace can be a little quicker than one might like about certain problems.

You're probably right, she probably meant 'boring'.
    Say Esper, odd request. I notice that your random die hasn't come up 1 in a while; could you make an exception and bring out the filly Midnight? It's my favorite.