Games: RE2, Sur
    Large Plant (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+33 (60HP)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +7 natural); touch 9; flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+13
    Attack: Tentacle +8 melee (1d8+6)
    Full Attack: 2 Tentacles +8 melee (1d8+6)
    Space/Reach: 10’/10’
    Special Attacks: Poison Spray, Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Plant traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Blindsight 30’, Vulnerability to Fire
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +2, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 23 (+6), Dex 10 (+0), Con 21 (+5), Int 1 (-5), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)
    Skills: Hide -4, Intimidate +3, Listen +7, Sense Motive +3, Spot +5, Survival +4
    Feats: Alertness, Toughness
    Environment: warm forests or jungles
    Organization: solitary, pairs, or copses (3-6)
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: N/A
    Alignment: Neutral
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A

Poison Spray (Ex): a Poison Ivy can emit a 20’ cone of poisonous acid (2d6 damage, Reflex save DC12 for half damage) once every 1d4+2 rounds (poison via injury; Fortitude DC12; initial damage 1d4 Constitution; secondary damage 1d4 Constitution)

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, a Poison Ivy must hit with a Tentacle attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can automatically hit with an Acid Spray attack

Vulnerability to Fire: an Ivy takes twice as much (×2) damage as normal from fire, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure; in addition, an Ivy must make a Fortitude save (DC10) or die each round it is exposed to fire damage, with the DC increasing by 2 each round after the first
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-09 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added image

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Resident Evil D20

What was Pluto?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    What was Pluto?
    As I noted in his monster entry on page #6, entry #180, Pluto was a boss in Resident Evil: Dead Aim. For the record, he was a large, blind, obese Tyrant-like abomination. He fought somewhat similarly to the Garadors of RE4, & could either be insanely difficult or humorously easy, depending on how you fight him.

The most notable thing about him (& unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a reasonable way to stat this out) was the fact that once you had gotten him down to 25% health, his brain would fall out of his head. Literally. His brain just hung out of his skull, connected to his body by only a thin little brain stem/spinal cord. After that, his brain is can be shot directly for extra damage. Wild, I know.

Resident Evil: Dead Aim was a pretty good PS2 game, BTW. I recommend getting it, now that it's very cheap.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2007-07-17 at 06:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Slight Discrepcancy in the Osmund Saddler Stat Blocks.

As seen in Luis's death scene, Luis was stabbed, or rather impaled, by one of Saddlers pointy-scorpion-phallus-tail things. Yet you only have him using his quarterstaff as a weapon.

One might also note that Saddler never used the staff he had as a weapon. If anything, it was a plagas device that allowed him to boost the range and power of control on lesser plagas. If all the other bosses were Queen Plagas, Saddler has the Master Plagas.

Also, to a comment from above about Del Lago: You do extra damage by harpooning it in the mouth. So yes, it does have a better place to shoot. Its possible to kill anything in that game: You can stay as far back as you need to and riddle El Gigante with Bullets. After an insane amount of damage, he will fall. Regenerators also can be killed with a well placed grenade. Particularly a combonation of Incindeary, Flash, then Hand. Iron maidens are a bit tougher. I found this out after it backed me into a corner and I had no rifle ammo.

Now, exactly how on earth do you kill Lisa Trevor? Will soembody explain how your supposed to kill it?

For the Ganados: Ganados had other weapons than those listed. The only one I recall is the Knife, weilded by the females.

Merchant: Not all Merchants were Plagas-ified. Only certain ones. You could tell if they had glowy eyes. All the rest were (As far as I could tell), Full Blooded Australian. Which makes no sense why they have enough weaponry to fund a small war in Spain. And they refuse to do buisness if their is a ganado present in the vicinity (When the creepy battle music is playing).

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    Merchant: Not all Merchants were Plagas-ified. Only certain ones. You could tell if they had glowy eyes. All the rest were (As far as I could tell), Full Blooded Australian. Which makes no sense why they have enough weaponry to fund a small war in Spain. And they refuse to do buisness if their is a ganado present in the vicinity (When the creepy battle music is playing).
    The first one you meet for example has no plagas, while the one before Mendez does.
    Although, where did you get Autralian from?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

6. - Top - End - #186

They seemed to have an Australian accent when I played. Maybe it was my TV's speakers. But it still doesnt explain why they have such a huge amount of weaponry at their disposal. It even says, if you examine one of the displays, "Hes got enough weapons to start a small war."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Osmund Saddler (normal): Fixed.

Osmund Saddler (mutated): Fixed.

After watching my wife beat Resident Evil 4 literally just last night, I agree that Saddler was not statted well. This has been corrected. Also, I am running under the assumption that Saddler's Queen Plaga has more HD that any other Plaga in town, so to speak. That seems to be the simplest solution. Otherwise, I would have to stat out some kind of "Overlord Plaga," which is not only one more monster, but it is not supported by the game's storyline anywhere (not that the different Plaga strains are well explained anyway).

On another note, I agree that the Merchant seems to hail from either Australia or New Zealand. I can't find out who voiced the character, though. I'll investigate further.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Ramon Salazar (normal)*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: RE4
    Small Aberration (Queen Plagas Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 2d8 (9HP)
    Initiative: +1
    Armor Class: 12 (+1 size, +1 Dex); touch 12; flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-4
    Attack: Dagger +1 melee (1d3-1, 19-20/×2 critical) or Dagger +3 ranged (1d3+1, 19-20/×2 critical, 10’ range increment)
    Full Attack: Dagger +1 melee (1d3-1, 19-20/×2 critical) or Dagger +3 ranged (1d3+1, 19-20/×2 critical, 10’ range increment)
    Space/Reach: 5’/5’
    Special Attacks: N/A
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, Plagas Carrier traits
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 9 (-1), Dex 12 (+1), Con 11 (+0), Int 16 (+3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 18 (+4)
    Skills: Bluff +7, Diplomacy +5, Disguise +5, Gather Information +5, Hide +2, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (history) +4, Knowledge (local) +4, Knowledge (religion) +4, Listen +2, Perform +4, Search +3, Sense Motive +2
    Feats: Persuasive, Toughness
    Environment: any land or underground
    Organization: any
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 09:33 PM. Reason: added image

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Ramon Salazar (mutated)*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gargantuan Aberration (Queen Plagas Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 9d8+66 (106HP)
    Initiative: -2
    Speed: 0’ (0 squares)
    Armor Class: 13 (-4 size, -2 Dex, +9 natural); touch 4; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+31
    Attack: Tentacle +15 melee (2d8+13) or Slam +15 melee (1d6+13)
    Full Attack: 2 Tentacles +12 melee (2d8+13) or Slam +15 melee (1d6+13) or Bite +15 melee (2d8+13)
    Space/Reach: 20’/20’
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Long Reach, Swallow Whole
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, Plagas Carrier traits, Immunities
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +1, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 37 (+13), Dex 6 (-2), Con 25 (+7), Int 12 (+1), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 14 (+2)
    Skills: Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +4, Gather Information +4, Hide -5, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (history) +3, Knowledge (local) +4, Knowledge (religion) +3, Listen +1, Perform +4, Search +3, Sense Motive +1
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Persuasive, Power Attack, Toughness
    Organization: any
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Treasure: 2× standard

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, Ramon Salazar must hit with a Bite attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Swallow Whole

Long Reach (Ex): Ramon Salazar can lash out with his Tentacle attack once every 1d4 rounds, hitting opponents up to 30’ away (NOTE: he may also hit opponents that are closer at no penalty, if he chooses); this attack is identical in all other respects to the normal Tentacle attack

Swallow Whole (Ex): Ramon Salazar can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check; once inside, the opponent takes 2d8+13 points of crushing damage plus 1d8+2 points of acid damage per round from Ramon Salazar’s digestive juices; a swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 35 points of damage to the Ramon Salazar’s digestive tract (AC14); once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out; Ramon Salazar’s gullet can hold 2 Large, 8 Medium, 32 Small, 128 Tiny or 512 Diminutive or smaller creatures

Immunities (Ex): Ramon Salazar has immunity to bull rush attacks, overrun attacks, trample attacks, & trip attacks; in addition, Ramon Salazar is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 09:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Regenerator, Common*
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Aberration (Alpha Plagas Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+48 (75HP)
    Armor Class: 13 (-2 Dex, +5 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+12
    Attack: Claw +12 melee (1d6+8)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +12 melee (1d6+8) & Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, Plagas Carrier traits, Darkvision 90’, Low-Light Vision, Regeneration 5, Plagas Larvae, Long Reach
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +0, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 6 (-2), Con 27 (+8), Int 3 (-4), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 2 (-4)
    Skills: Hide +0, Move Silently +7, Spot +3
    Feats: Power Attack, Skill Focus: Move Silently, Stealthy
    Organization: solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: none

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, a Regenerator must hit with its Claw attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can automatically hit with a Bite attack

Regeneration (Ex): Fire & acid deal normal damage to a Regenerator, while all other damage is halved (50%); if a Regenerator loses a limb or other body part, the lost portion regrows in 1d8+2 rounds; critical hits cannot be regenerated

Plagas Larvae (Ex): a Regenerator is infected with 1d4+1 Plaga larvae (HP2, AC14); these Plagas are harmless, having no special attacks or abilities, & can be seen only with Darkvision (opponents without Darkvision cannot perceive the Plagas, granting the larvae all the benefits of invisibility); missed attacks deal damage to the Regenerator host as if it had been hit directly; a Regenerator cannot live without them, so if they are all destroyed, then the Regenerator will immediately die (no saving throw)

Long Reach (Ex): a Regenerator can lash out with its Claw attack once every 1d4 rounds, hitting opponents up to 10’ away (NOTE: it may also hit opponents that are only 5’ away at no penalty, if it chooses); this attack is identical in all other respects to the normal Claw attack
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-14 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added image

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Osmund Saddler (normal): Fixed.

Osmund Saddler (mutated): Fixed.

After watching my wife beat Resident Evil 4 literally just last night, I agree that Saddler was not statted well. This has been corrected. Also, I am running under the assumption that Saddler's Queen Plaga has more HD that any other Plaga in town, so to speak. That seems to be the simplest solution. Otherwise, I would have to stat out some kind of "Overlord Plaga," which is not only one more monster, but it is not supported by the game's storyline anywhere (not that the different Plaga strains are well explained anyway).
    I Thought in Luis's Report Number 3 was where they explained the Plaga Types. I'll have to find the disk again. Other than that, I dont see any visible problembs.

On another note, I agree that the Merchant seems to hail from either Australia or New Zealand. I can't find out who voiced the character, though. I'll investigate further.
    Singular? I thought there were at least 20 of those guys on the island. And It wouldnt explain how he kept getting infront of you if there was one. Or why he was in the shack at the lake. Or at the tower right before Salazar. I'm assuming theirs just a bunch of the guys wandering around. Your actualy the first person to agree with me on the accent though. Everybody else thinks he's from England.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Regenerator, Iron Maiden*
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Aberration (Alpha Plagas Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 8d8+48 (84HP)
    Initiative: -1
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 Dex, +5 natural); touch 9; flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+12
    Attack: Claw +12 melee (1d6+8)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +12 melee (1d6+8) & Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
    Special Attacks: Impale, Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, Plagas Carrier traits, Darkvision 90’, Low-Light Vision, Regeneration 5, Plagas Larvae, Long Reach
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +1, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 8 (-1), Con 23 (+6), Int 3 (-4), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 2 (-4)
    Skills: Hide +1, Move Silently +8, Spot +3
    Feats: Power Attack, Skill Focus: Move Silently, Stealthy
    Organization: solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: none

Impale (Ex): on a successful grapple check, an Iron Maiden can impale an opponent with its body spikes, dealing 2d8+16 points of damage; Reflex save DC25 for half damage

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, an Iron Maiden must hit with its Claw attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Impale

Regeneration (Ex): Fire & acid deal normal damage to a Regenerator, while all other damage is halved (50%); if a Regenerator loses a limb or other body part, the lost portion regrows in 1d8+2 rounds; critical hits cannot be regenerated

Plagas Larvae (Ex): a Regenerator is infected with 1d4+1 Plaga larvae (HP2, AC14); these Plagas are harmless, having no special attacks or abilities, & can be seen only with Darkvision (opponents without Darkvision cannot perceive the Plagas, granting the larvae all the benefits of invisibility); missed attacks deal damage to the Regenerator host as if it had been hit directly; a Regenerator cannot live without them, so if they are all destroyed, then the Regenerator will immediately die (no saving throw)

Long Reach (Ex): an Iron Maiden can lash out with its Claw attack once every 1d4 rounds, hitting opponents up to 10’ away (NOTE: it may also hit opponents that are only 5’ away at no penalty, if it chooses); this attack is identical in all other respects to the normal Claw attack
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-14 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added image

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Scissor Worm*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: OB1, OB2
    Medium Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 4d8 (36HP)
    Initiative: -3
    Speed: 10’ (2 squares), Climb 10’ (2 squares)
    Armor Class: 10 (-3 Dex, +3 natural); touch 7; flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+4
    Attack: Sting +4 melee (1d6+1, 19-20/×2 critical, plus poison)
    Full Attack: Sting +4 melee (1d6+1, 19-20/×2 critical, plus poison)
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Scent, Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 2/slashing, Critical Immunity
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref -3, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 13 (+1), Dex 4 (-3), Con 11 (+0), Int 0 (--), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 2 (-4)
    Skills: Climb +5, Spot +4
    Feats: Skill Focus (Climb)
    Environment: warm deserts
    Organization: solitary, pair, or cluster (3-6)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Alignment: always Neutral

Poison (Ex): via injury; Fortitude DC15; initial damage 1d4 Constitution; secondary damage 1d4 Constitution

Scent (Ex): a Scissor Worm can detect opponents by sense of smell within 30’ (×2 for upwind opponents, ×½ for downwind opponents)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added image

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Sliding Worm / A334*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: RE3
    Tiny Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13HP)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 size, +5 natural); touch 12; flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-9
    Attack: Bite +1 melee (1d3-2)
    Full Attack: Bite +1 melee (1d3-2) & Gore -4 melee (1)
    Space/Reach: 2½’/0’
    Special Attacks: Blood Drain, Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Blindsense, Tremorsense, Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 2/slashing, Vulnerability to Electricity
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 7 (-2), Dex 11 (+0), Con 14 (+2), Int 0 (--), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: N/A
    Feats: N/A
    Organization: solitary, nest (2-9), swarm (10-20)

Blood Drain (Ex): a Sliding Worm that is attached to its opponent deals 1 points of Constitution damage per round until it reaches a total of 6 points, at which point it detaches from its victim & retreats to digest its meal

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, a Sliding Worm must hit with a Claw attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Blood Drain

Blindsense (Ex): a Sliding Worm notices & locates creatures within 20’; opponents still have total concealment (50% miss chance) against a creature with Blindsense

Tremorsense (Ex): a Sliding Worm can pinpoint the location of anything in contact with the ground within 20’

Vulnerability to Electricity: a Sliding Worm takes twice as much (×2) damage as normal from electricity, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure; in addition, a Sliding Worm must make a Fortitude save (DC10) or die each round it is exposed to electricity damage, with the DC increasing by 1 each round after the first
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added image

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Snake
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tiny Animal
    Hit Dice: ¼d8 (1HP)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 15’ (3 squares), Climb 15’ (3 squares), Swim 15’ (3 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (+2 size, +3 Dex); touch 15; flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-11
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d3-1)
    Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d3-1)
    Special Qualities: N/A
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 10 (-1), Dex 17 (+3), Con 11 (+0), Int 1 (-5), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 2 (-4)
    Skills: Balance +11, Climb +11, Hide +15, Listen +6, Spot +6, Swim +5
    Feats: Dodge, Spring Attack
    Environment: temperate marshes
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: ¼
    Treasure: ½ standard (egg only)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Stinger / Type-Y139 (Monstrous Scorpion: Tiny base, Template #2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: RE0
    Medium Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 2d8+6 (15HP)
    Armor Class: 10 (-2 Dex, +2 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
    Attack: Claw +1 melee (1d6)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +1 melee (1d6) & Sting -4 melee (1d4 plus poison)
    Special Attacks: Constrict, Improved Grab, Poison
    Special Qualities: Tremorsense, Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 2/slashing, Critical Immunity
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref -2, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 11 (+0), Dex 6 (-2), Con 16 (+3), Int 0 (--), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 2 (-4)
    Skills: Climb +4, Hide +2, Spot +4
    Feats: Weapon Finesse B
    Environment: warm deserts
    Organization: solitary, colony (8-16)

Constrict (Ex): a Stinger deals automatic Claw damage (1d6) on a successful grapple check

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, a Stinger must hit with its Bite attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Sting

Poison (Ex): via injury; Fortitude DC13; initial damage 1d3 Constitution; secondary damage 1d3 Constitution

Tremorsense (Ex): a Stinger can pinpoint the location of anything in contact with the ground within 30’
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added image

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Tomorrow, the Tentacle, the Torpedo Kid, & more Tyrants than you can shake a rocket launcher at (~16 in total). Stay tuned.

18. - Top - End - #198

Another thing with the Ganados: What about that one that bursts out of the oven whilst your on the Island in Chapter 5-2? The Flaming Ganado?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

I Thought in Luis's Report Number 3 was where they explained the Plaga Types. I'll have to find the disk again. Other than that, I dont see any visible problembs.

Singular? I thought there were at least 20 of those guys on the island. And It wouldnt explain how he kept getting infront of you if there was one. Or why he was in the shack at the lake. Or at the tower right before Salazar. I'm assuming theirs just a bunch of the guys wandering around. Your actualy the first person to agree with me on the accent though. Everybody else thinks he's from England.
    You've got three types of Plagas.
    Tentacle: The ones that pop out of the normal villagers in chapter 2, with the long whip like tail and bladed tips.
    Worm (Centipede): Those long wormy ones with lots of little feelers that can pop out of Los Illuminados Zealots, they're the guys who eat your head whole.
    Spider: The kind that can detach from their host (I haven't encountered one yet).
    And then there's the Queen type.
    Presumably, those in possession of Queen Plagas retain their previous personalities, but also gain the ability to command other Plagas hosts, and the normal physical boosts.

Well, development wise, the Merchants are just a way to get weaponry to Leon and upgrading it plus a bit of fun with that amazing voice of his. (I believe the Merchant is also the person who shouts the merchant, so he would be voiced by a Mr. Ward E. Sexton, but if that isn't the merchant I'm stumped.)
    In-game, Leon never really finds out.
    You could have some fun with that in the campaign, send the players out there to investigate the Merchant, while having to battle off the Ganaods after Leon accidentally left somebody with a Queen Plagas alive.
    Interesting to note is that technically, those Merchants who are hosts must be fighting against Saddler's influence to control them, or Saddler secretly wanted to arm Leon all the time.
    I'll also concede that there's some English in the merchant's voice. I can't quite put down what kind of accent it is either.

Another thing with the Ganados: What about that one that bursts out of the oven whilst your on the Island in Chapter 5-2? The Flaming Ganado?
    Oh God, is that what Oven Man is?
    I keep hearing about this guy, but I had no idea what is was.

Also: it would appear that Saddler and his boys have messed around with genetic manipulation. How else do you explain Del Lago, El Gigante and Novistadors?
    Apparantly Luis Sera mentions it (or more specifically, the Regenerators) in some memos.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2007-07-18 at 01:06 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

20. - Top - End - #200

Yeah, Thats oven boy. He appears in the Trailer. You walk around the corner and then Bam! Hes on your neck! Is you shoot him or move back quickly, he'll simply burn out and die. But he deals 2x the normal damage to you cause hes all on fire.

The Spiders are a Pain. Ok. I shot it. Wait, its detaching from the host. Crap.

Those are the kinds of Plagas that have fully matured into an Advanced Form. Remember that you dont need to be fully matured to be controled. Even baby plagas can cause massive pain. I think that "Queen Plaga" Are two steps ahead of the Advanced Plaga, And as such are able to cause much greater mutation (Krauser's Arm, Salazar's Gigantic Plant, Saddler, El Gigante, Del Lago, to name a few)

Oh, and is their a name for Salazar's right hand man?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, and is their a name for Salazar's right hand man?
    They're called Verdugo. Apparantly it translates to Executioner.
    Must be weakened with Liquid Nitrogen? Sound fun.
    Nothing but a Nobody

22. - Top - End - #202

Not Fun at all! You get 4 No2 Tanks. Thats 4 Chances to blast him.

And if you miss... You better hope that you can survive 4 minutes. Pack a Rocket Launcher. Or Two.

Or Better yet, Pack a PRL.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Tentacle*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games: CV, OB2
    Huge Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 4d8+20 (38HP)
    Speed: 0’ (0 squares)
    Armor Class: 10 (-2 size, +2 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+18
    Attack: Slam +8 melee (1d6+7)
    Full Attack: Slam +8 melee (1d6+7)
    Space/Reach: 15’/15’
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 2/slashing, Critical Immunity
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 25 (+7), Dex 0 (--), Con 20 (+5), Int 0 (--), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: N/A
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Torpedo Kid (Nautilus base)*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: DA
    Tiny Aberration (Aquatic, T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: ½d8 (2HP)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: Swim 40’ (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +4 Dex); touch 16; flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-8
    Attack: Slam +2 melee (0)
    Full Attack: Slam +2 melee (0)
    Special Attacks: Self-Detonation
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60’, Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 19 (+4), Con 11 (+0), Int 1 (-5), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 3 (-4)
    Skills: Escape Artist +4, Hide +12, Listen +2, Spot +2, Swim +7
    Feats: N/A
    Environment: any aquatic or underground
    Organization: solitary, pair, or spawn (3-12)
    Challenge Rating: ½

Self-Detonation (Ex): when a Torpedo Kid comes into contact with a creature (performing a successful touch attack), it will explode on that turn; the explosion will center on its position, & will deal 4d6 splash damage to everything within a 10’ radius (Reflex save DC12 for half damage); this explosion is always fatal to the Torpedo Kid, dealing maximum damage with no saving throw
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added image

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyrant, Hypnos T-Type*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: Sur
    Large Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 15d8+60 (127HP)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 40’ (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +6 natural); touch 10; flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+23
    Attack: Claw +18 melee (2d6+8, 20/×3 critical)
    Full Attack: Claw +18 melee (2d6+8, 20/×3 critical) & Slam +13 melee (1d4+4)
    Special Attacks: Claw, Powerful Charge
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 10/concussion, Immunities, Frightful Presence
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +6, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 13 (+1), Con 21 (+4), Int 4 (-3), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 6 (-2)
    Skills: Balance +5, Intimidate +5, Jump +22, Listen +2, Move Silently +6, Search +1, Spot +2, Survival +6
    Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack
    Challenge Rating: 12
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Claw (Ex): unlike most creatures’ Claw attacks, the Tyrant’s Claw can deal either piercing or slashing, as chosen by the Tyrant prior to each attack

Powerful Charge (Ex): in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the Tyrant to make a single Claw attack (piercing, like a gore attack) with a +18 attack bonus that deals 4d6+16 points of damage

Immunities (Ex): the Tyrant has immunity to sleep & paralysis effects, poison, cold-, electricity-, & fire-based damage; in addition, the Tyrant is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance, & is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage

Frightful Presence (Ex): the Tyrant can inspire terror by charging or attacking; affected creatures must succeed on a DC10 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 20’ of the Tyrant; the save DC is Constitution-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added image

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyrant, Nemesis T-Type (Humanoid)*
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: 15d8+90 (157HP)
    Speed: 30’ (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, -2 Dex, +8 natural); touch 7; flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+25
    Attack: Slam +20 melee (1d8+10) or Rocket Launcher +8 ranged (10d6/3d6 splash, concussion, 150’ range increment)
    Full Attack: Slam +20 melee (1d8+10) & Tentacle +15 melee (1d8+5) or Rocket Launcher +8 ranged (10d6/3d6 splash, concussion, 150’ range increment)
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Powerful Charge
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Powerful Build, Damage Reduction 5/acid, Immunities, Frightful Presence, Fast Healing 1
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +2, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 31 (+10), Dex 7 (-2), Con 22 (+6), Int 8 (-1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 4 (-3)
    Skills: Balance +2, Intimidate +4, Jump +14, Listen +2, Move Silently +5, Search +3, Spot +4, Survival +12
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Natural Attack (×2), Improved Overrun, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 15

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, the Nemesis must hit with its Slam attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can slap with its Tentacle attack

Powerful Charge (Ex): in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the Nemesis to make a single Claw attack (piercing, like a gore attack) with a +20 attack bonus that deals 2d8+20 points of damage

Powerful Build (Ex): whenever the Nemesis is subject to any size modifier, it is treated as 1 size larger if doing so is advantageous to it; it is also considered to be 1 size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it; the Nemesis can use weapons designed for a creature 1 size larger without penalty; however, its space & reach remain those of a creature of its actual size; the benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, & spells that change the subject’s size category

Immunities (Ex): the Nemesis has immunity to sleep & paralysis effects, poison, cold-, electricity-, & fire-based damage; in addition, the Nemesis is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance, & is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage

Frightful Presence (Ex): the Nemesis can inspire terror by charging or attacking; affected creatures must succeed on a DC10 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 20’ of the Nemesis; the save DC is Constitution-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added image

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyrant, Nemesis T-Type (Mutated)*
    Spoiler
    Show

Huge Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
    Hit Dice: 17d8+136 (212HP)
    Armor Class: 14 (-4 size, -3 Dex, +11 natural); touch 3; flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+34
    Attack: Tentacle +22 melee (2d8+14)
    Full Attack: Tentacle +22 melee (2d8+14) & Bite +17 melee (2d8+7)
    Space/Reach: 15’/15’
    Special Attacks: Acid Spray, Improved Grab, Long Reach
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 50/rail cannon, Immunities, Frightful Presence, Fast Healing 1
    Saves: Fort +17, Ref +1, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 39 (+14), Dex 5 (-3), Con 26 (+8), Int 6 (-2), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 2 (-4)
    Skills: Balance +1, Intimidate +3, Jump +18, Listen +1, Move Silently +4, Search +2, Spot +3, Survival +11
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Natural Attack (×2), Improved Overrun, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 17

Acid Spray (Ex): the Nemesis can emit a 30’ cone of acid (2d8 damage, Reflex save DC15 for half damage) every 1d4+2 rounds

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, the Nemesis must hit with its Tentacle attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can automatically hit with a Bite attack

Long Reach (Ex): the Nemesis can lash out with its Tentacle attack once every 1d4 rounds, hitting opponents up to 20’ away (NOTE: it may also hit opponents that are only 5’, 10’, or 15’ away at no penalty, if it chooses); this attack is identical in all other respects to the normal Tentacle attack

Immunities (Ex): the Nemesis has immunity to sleep & paralysis effects, poison, cold-, electricity-, & fire-based damage; in addition, the Nemesis is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance, & is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage

Frightful Presence (Ex): the Nemesis can inspire terror by charging or attacking; affected creatures must succeed on a DC15 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 30’ of the Nemesis; the save DC is Constitution-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:34 PM. Reason: added image

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyrant, T-001 / Proto-Tyrant*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: RE0
    Hit Dice: 10d8+50 (95HP)
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, -3 Dex, +8 natural); touch 6; flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+20
    Attack: Claw +15 melee (1d8+10)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +15 melee (1d8+10)
    Special Attacks: Claw, Improved Grab, Powerful Charge
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 5/concussion, Immunities, Frightful Presence, Flanking Vulnerability
    Saves: Fort +14, Ref +2, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 31 (+10), Dex 5 (-3), Con 21 (+5), Int 2 (-4), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 6 (-2)
    Skills: Balance +1, Intimidate +5, Jump +14, Move Silently +4, Spot +2, Survival +10
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Alignment: Neutral

Claw (Ex): unlike most creatures’ Claw attacks, the Proto-Tyrant’s Claws can deal either piercing or slashing, as chosen by the Proto-Tyrant prior to each attack

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, the Proto-Tyrant must hit with its Slam attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Claw

Powerful Charge (Ex): in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the Proto-Tyrant to make a single Claw attack (piercing, like a gore attack) with a +15 attack bonus that deals 2d8+20 points of damage

Immunities (Ex): the Proto-Tyrant has immunity to sleep & paralysis effects, poison, cold-, electricity-, & fire-based damage; in addition, the Proto-Tyrant is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance, & is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage

Frightful Presence (Ex): the Proto-Tyrant can inspire terror by charging or attacking; affected creatures must succeed on a DC10 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 20’ of the Proto-Tyrant; the save DC is Constitution-based

Flanking Vulnerability (Ex): the Proto-Tyrant takes 50% more damage from attacks made while flanked, but only from half of the flanking opponents; the opponent that the Proto-Tyrant did not attack in any particular round (or the opponent that it attacked first, in the case of multiple attacks per round) is the one who can inflict more damage
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added image

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyrant, T-002*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: RE1
    Hit Dice: 15d8+75 (142HP)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 40’ (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +8 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+25
    Attack: Claw +20 melee (2d6+10, 20/×3 critical)
    Full Attack: Claw +20 melee (2d6+10, 20/×3 critical) & Slam +15 melee (1d4+5)
    Special Attacks: Claw, Improved Grab, Powerful Charge
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Powerful Build, Damage Reduction 10/concussion, Immunities, Frightful Presence
    Saves: Fort +14, Ref +4, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 31 (+10), Dex 9 (-1), Con 21 (+5), Int 4 (-3), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 6 (-2)
    Skills: Balance +3, Intimidate +5, Jump +14, Listen +2, Move Silently +6, Search +1, Spot +4, Survival +12
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack, Improved Overrun, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 12

Claw (Ex): unlike most creatures’ Claw attacks, the Tyrant’s Claws can deal either piercing or slashing, as chosen by the Tyrant prior to each attack

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, the Tyrant must hit with its Slam attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Claw

Powerful Charge (Ex): in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the Tyrant to make a single Claw attack (piercing, like a gore attack) with a +20 attack bonus that deals 4d6+20 points of damage

Powerful Build (Ex): whenever the Tyrant is subject to any size modifier, it is treated as 1 size larger if doing so is advantageous to it; it is also considered to be 1 size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it; the Tyrant can use weapons designed for a creature 1 size larger without penalty; however, its space & reach remain those of a creature of its actual size; the benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, & spells that change the subject’s size category

Immunities (Ex): the Tyrant has immunity to sleep & paralysis effects, poison, cold-, electricity-, & fire-based damage; in addition, the Tyrant is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance, & is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage

Frightful Presence (Ex): the Tyrant can inspire terror by charging or attacking; affected creatures must succeed on a DC10 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 20’ of the Tyrant; the save DC is Constitution-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added image

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyrant, T-0400TP (Inhibited)*
    Spoiler
    Show

Games: OB1
    Hit Dice: 10d8+40 (85HP)
    Armor Class: 13 (-1 size, -2 Dex, +6 natural); touch 7; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+18
    Attack: Slam +13 melee (1d6+8, 19-20/×2 critical)
    Full Attack: Slam +13 melee (1d6+8, 19-20/×2 critical)
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Damage Reduction 10/--, Immunities, Frightful Presence
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +3, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 7 (-2), Con 19 (+4), Int 8 (-1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 4 (-3)
    Skills: Balance +2, Intimidate +4, Jump +12, Listen +2, Move Silently +5, Search +3, Spot +4, Survival +12
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Natural Attack, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 8

Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-11 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added image