New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Six

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You, my friend, have not even begun to scratch the surface of "Conceivable Relationship types."

Though your innocence is adorable.
    This. What this alien says.

As an aside, I realize upon reflection of my most recent relationship that the three relationships I consider most significant in my life (My last girlfriend, who I dated for ten months, a friend of mine who I sortofdated for like, a year I believe, and my best friend who I started dating...yesterday) have all been bisexual. Coupled with my two most recent crushes that didn't come to anything, nearly everyone I've ever liked or been attracted to has been bisexual.

I'm wondering if it's a like-attracts-like thing. As in, non bisexuals might not quite "get" the appeal, or something. It's bizarre. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Possible that it can come up more or less commonly that non-bisexuals feel more closed to bisexuals and thus appear less attractive than they would otherwise be.

Also possible that they tend to move in similar circles. Seems to be slightly less plausible on an individual or commonness of it than the prior case, but that's my own judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    I now find myself getting unreasonably irritated at people who use 'gay' as an insult
    I find it amusing actually.

Friend: “OMG! This computer is being so gay!
    Me: “YEAH! It’s clearly homosexual! I totally saw it eyeing up that male Mac earlier!”

In fact, instead of using “gay” as an insult, I use the word “homosexual”. I do it quite a lot actualy. Not as a serious insult, but to show people what they’re actually saying. But to be fair, I have a homosexual friend who uses the word “gay” as an insult. I just think it’s funny when people use it.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2010-06-12 at 05:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I find it amusing actually.

Me: “YEAH! It’s clearly homosexual! I totally saw it eyeing up that male Mac earlier!”

In fact, instead of using “gay” as an insult, I use the word “homosexual”. I do it quite a lot actualy. Not as a serious insult, but to show people what they’re actually saying. But to be honest, I have a homosexual friend who uses the word “gay” as an insult. I just think it’s funny when people use it.
    Y'know, homophobia is so gay.
    Last edited by Eloi; 2010-06-12 at 03:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Banned

But the long form just takes so long to type! (The long form being a bunch of guys and one being rather immature, finally exasperating one of the old ones to rouse from his stupor and request that immature guy check that his testicles had descended, and if they had not, to make it so: a long-winded "grow up, be a man, and for the love of god quit whining". Somehow that waveform collapses into "don't be so gay" under time constraints. Follow? I don't. Guys? Anyone can explain this shorthand?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eloi View Post
    I think the misuse of the word 'queer' is also lament worthy. I mean, its such a useful word, I first knew about it in its original meaning a la The Hobbit, and its a shame they twisted it in such a way..
    The irony in this makes me snicker.

(Eloi, pursuant to thread in RPG sub-forum--I'm female. Just let things roll along in there uncorrected for a bit, see what transpires.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    I just have to come in here and say...I am so glad this thread exists. It's completely opened up my awareness of the world, and of gender issues. I now find myself getting unreasonably irritated at people who use 'gay' as an insult, and make facetious, negative comments about transsexuals. My dance teacher was complaining a while ago about MtF using female bathrooms, apparently is was 'fundamentally wrong'. It disturbed me in some odd way, that people can be tolerant of so much, but not at all understanding of this kind of thing.

Thanks for opening up my eyes to the world :)
    When I second this I'll have to address one person specifically. SMEE: you've made me think more deeply than anyone on this board, on identity and what defines the female. Thank you.

6. - Top - End - #1146

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    When I second this I'll have to address one person specifically. SMEE: you've made me think more deeply than anyone on this board, on identity and what defines the female. Thank you.
    So, is there anything to it or is it much like the more general case of being a human being and an ostensibly sapient entity and having to confront the existential wrestling match of there being no meaning but that which a human can wrestle out of the darkness lest the individual fall into nihilism?

Hmm... Having otherness thrust upon oneself seems to have this weird sometimes benefit of giving a more ready platform/direction from which to build an identity due to the conflict inherit in being shoved into/towards or labeled other. At least, it seems like it's not entirely negative. There's some non-impacting factors or positives in there too. What say you, thread?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-06-13 at 02:03 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #1147

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    So, is there anything to it or is it much like the more general case of being a human being and an ostensibly sapient entity and having to confront the existential wrestling match of there being no meaning but that which a human can wrestle out of the darkness lest the individual fall into nihilism?

Hmm... Having otherness thrust upon oneself seems to have this weird sometimes benefit of giving a more ready platform/direction from which to build an identity due to the conflict inherit in being shoved into/towards or labeled other. At least, it seems like it's not entirely negative. There's some non-impacting factors or positives in there too. What do say you, thread?
    That you use a bunch of jargon and it makes it harder to understand you? Not trying to be mean, I do it alot too, but I have no idea what you just said.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I've also found this to be an... interesting thread. I've always been an open-minded and accepting individual, and my views often clash with the majority of the people around me, who are very... I'm not even sure what the proper term would be. I'm from Central Mississippi, in the heart of the Deep South. I think that says it all.
    I feel for you. Southwest Louisiana here, about the same deal.

Also, as an aside: I just realized I have loads more LGBT friends than "normal" friends. I'm guessing what they say about birds of a feather is true, after all.
    LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #1149

Hmm... Having otherness thrust upon oneself seems to have this weird sometimes benefit of giving a more ready platform/direction from which to build an identity due to the conflict inherit in being shoved into/towards or labeled other. At least, it seems like it's not entirely negative. There's some non-impacting factors or positives in there too. What do say you, thread?
    I'm sorry, I can't tell if you were being facetious and/or ironic.

If you were, then: Well done, and I agree completely.

However, if you actually meant that:
    Last edited by cycoris; 2010-06-13 at 12:08 AM.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

I found myself upset the other day about hearing my my FtM transgendered friend has taken to cross dressing (for clarity: wearing women's clothing).

I feel that at this current stage it's intentionally confusing behaviour. I believe that this confusion could be harmful to other transgendered individuals.

But on paper I know way less about transgengered issues than my friend does. So I didn't speak up for fear of showing ignorance. We disagreed about something similar in the past so my confidence has been knocked.

11. - Top - End - #1151

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    I found myself upset the other day about hearing my my FtM transgendered friend has taken to cross dressing (for clarity: wearing women's clothing).

I feel that at this current stage it's intentionally confusing behaviour. I believe that this confusion could be harmful to other transgendered individuals.

But on paper I know way less about transgengered issues than my friend does. So I didn't speak up for fear of showing ignorance. We disagreed about something similar in the past so my confidence has been knocked.
    Well that may sound strange, I do believe there is an entire genre of entertainment of biologically-female males playing females. They're called faux queens, tho' they're not all FtM, however it is kinda confusing to think about it honestly.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Banned

eyeing up that male Mac
    Mac
    The Mac made it gay?

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

...I am confused. From reading your post, at first I thought you made a typo, with a MtF crossdressing at a stage in her physical change that was unflattering, and you were worried that if she were to publically crossdress, it would seem less like a transsexual, and more like a drag queen, deliberately playing it for laughs or something.

Then I thought you meant an FtM who was wearing traditional men's clothing and I was going to say that plenty of non-trans women wear pants and suits instead of skirts and dresses, even if it's not the most normal, and if that's what he identifies with, he should wear what he wants.

I am someone who is fairly knowledgable about varying sexualities and such, and that confused me, so yeah.

That said, you shouldn't be upset by it, in my opinion. People have MANY different types of minds, and existences. Personally, I know many girls on here that are MtF, and are also Lesbian. A lot of people who don't understand this would wonder why they just wouldn't stay biologically male and be with women. Don't think of your friend as a FtM. Think of him as a man who likes to crossdress. It may be considered a bit fetishist, or kinky, but there are plenty of transvestites who're just people like the rest of us. Your friend cannot help that he was a boy born in a girl's body, and there's more to a gender identity than just what clothes you wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Zombie

Eh, I'm FtM and I wear skirts sometimes. They're comfy. (No dresses for me, though. I don't like them.) He can wear whatever he wants to wear, same as anyone else.

Would you be upset if any of your other guy friends were crossdressing? Because this isn't really any different.

Unless you're concerned that he's wearing women's clothing because he's suddenly going through some sort of denial, in which case there's more to be concerned about than just wanting to wear pretty dresses.
    Last edited by Danne; 2010-06-12 at 08:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1155

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't tell if you were being facetious and/or ironic.

If you were, then: Well done, and I agree completely.

However, if you actually meant that:
    Unfortunately that last sentence's mangled grammar was something I just had somehow overlooked.

Jokasti: Yes, yes it did.

Glug: I'd love to find out what he gets from it. Ah, hell, probably just the opportunity to pick his brain.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-06-13 at 02:04 AM.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1156

WolfInSheepsClothing

Unfortunately that last sentence's mangled grammar was something I just had somehow overlooked.
    Eep! Oh, the irony. Not literal Irony, but who uses that anymore?
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    The Mac made it gay?
    Well, although Mac Software isn't anywhere near as good a Windows, one thing no one can argue with is that Macs are damn sexy.

To be fair, I don't see how clothes and gender have to be related. So what if he's wearing women’s clothing? That doesn't me he can't be a man, you know? Just as it doesn't stop someone who was born biologically male who wears a dress from being a man. A dress or skirt is only for a female because the little label on the back as an "F" on it. Once you ignore that little label, nothing says a man can't wear it.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2010-06-13 at 03:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Danne View Post
    Eh, I'm FtM and I wear skirts sometimes. They're comfy. (No dresses for me, though. I don't like them.) He can wear whatever he wants to wear, same as anyone else.
    My friend is a leader for the student LGBT community (and there are loads of trans people there). I think that by doing it he's unwittingly making a statement that transgendered people aren't serious about what they want. He scans as female less than 1/3rd of the time usually, but combined with women's clothing the scan probably goes the other way. I think it undermines his own best interest.

He should wait a couple of years to solidify his intentions before making people question them again.

And I know how upset he gets when people get it wrong.

But keep in mind that the reason I'm posting here is to dispel any fatal flaws in my own thinking first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Joke time: If a guy has been kicked out of both the male and female changing rooms in the clothes store what do you get?

Spoiler
    Show
    A cross dresser

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

Well, although Mac Software isn't anywhere near as good a Windows, one thing no one can argue with is that Macs are damn sexy.
    Mac-Mac or Windows-Windows: homosexual
    Mac-Windows: heterosexual

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Mac-Mac or Windows-Windows: homosexual
    Mac-Windows: heterosexual
    Nah, all computers are female. Weather Mac or Windows. The USB sticks are male.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Banned

Monitors may be female. ("Usually monitors don't care if you can't afford them or not, like women."*)

Eloi's post didn't parse for me at first either, but then I remembered Victor/Victoria--is that the sort you're describing, going so far over the cross-dressing horizon they've looped back around to where they started?

What wrench, Coidzor? Being male is being born into the biological nihil, not being born female. Further, is it a wrench or a lockpick upon the chains of biology, learning how to create in independence?

*I'd give context if the rest of the conversation had made any sense whatsoever. Crazy Brits and their crazy imperial measurements.

22. - Top - End - #1162

WhiteWizardGirl

Monitors may be female.
    I know some people's monitors display females, does that count?
    Eloi's post didn't parse for me at first either, but then I remembered Victor/Victoria--is that the sort you're describing, going so far over the cross-dressing horizon they've looped back around to where they started?
    Exactly. You can read about the female impersonator impersonators here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_queen
    Pretty...weird, if I do say so myself. Its probably harder than it sounds.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel that I am straight. However, due to how I look due to a rare diease that make sme look very ugly, most girls can't stand to look at me. I've been turned down by alot. I've been laughed at by even more. Lots of girls agree to date me, to only stand me up or show up with friends to laugh at the idiot who thought he had a chance.

Desperate for attention, I went to a friend, and made a move on him as I knew he was a sex addict and gay. We had acts. But it wasn't anything major.

Naturally when I met a girl online, who fell in love with me, I was very ... taken aback. I was confused. Noway. Even after exchanging photos, she still claimed she loved me, and she was the most attractive woman I've ever met. I went across country to meet her finally in person, and I finally, at 24 years old had my first kiss. But the three day stay there went like this. First day, she dropped me off at my hotel as she had to got to her dad for a dinner as he was also visiting from out of state. The next day was her graduation, and she had a big party with all her friends, along with a combined birthday party. She ignored me most of the party. It was a late party, and we went back to my hotel, where my first kiss was, in her car. She dropped me off and told me she'd met me in the morning. Morning comes, she picks me up, takes me out to breakfast, we go back to her house because her mom didn't want her to spend too much time with me, (She just turned 18). She spent her time across the living room, and between us was her mother, sister, mom's boyfriend, her aunt and her husband. She was texting someone, and ignoring me. She then took me back to the hotel, and went to see a movie with her first boyfriend. Next day she took me home.

A few weeks later, she came to stay with me for two weeks, and that's when I finally lost my manhood. However, she spent a good chunk of time ignoring me, or demanding stuff. I was lousy at the adult thing, as after a lifetime of just being by myself, I couldn't really get it to go to attention, just like with the boy. Eventally she announced her engagement to a guy she claimed was just like a brother to her. I felted lied too.

Problem is, I can't get up for any sex. I feel so... ugly, and unloved. I don't know what to do. I'm just a big freaking ugly loser that no person will ever love. I find woman very attractive, but also been in love with a guy, but dream and fantasy and get hard by pictures of naked girls. But even with a very attractive woman, it was hard to get up. She claims it was just because I was overthinking it. I knew she was disgusted by me. I don't know why she pretrended otherwise.

I don't know why I'm alive, if I can't even earn any woman's love. I want to be a father. But I doubt any agency would allow a single male that couldn't get a girlfriend to save God's life (If... he was threatened somehow) to adopt.

I just feel so alone, and unloved.

Elf ranger went a scoutin' and found a half-dragon ogre with a greataxe. I soon had a half-elf. ~ Pelfaid's first character death.

24. - Top - End - #1164

You're the one who posted a picture in the You thread a while ago, aren't you? Didn't we establish that you're not so bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracons View Post
    She spent her time across the living room, and between us was her mother, sister, mom's boyfriend, her aunt and her husband. She was texting someone, and ignoring me.
    Oooooo man, ouch. That's horrifyingly awkward.
    Sounds to me like that girl wasn't worth it, no matter what your face looks like.

25. - Top - End - #1165

WhiteWizardGirl

*searches for picture* *finds it*
    I don't think you look that bad honestly. I think the people you've been with are just mean bitches.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

After a hundred times of it being otherwise, I find it hard to belive.

Elf ranger went a scoutin' and found a half-dragon ogre with a greataxe. I soon had a half-elf. ~ Pelfaid's first character death.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Of which being otherwise? Getting with bitches, or being not-so-fugly?
    Dunno if there's much more I can say on top of what I did last time... (hi again, by the way )

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Banned

Let's not forget "filtering out results which don't fit the hypothesis". (Which ought to go in a temporary signature. Who let all the negative nellies loose onto the internet today? National holiday I'm missing?)

29. - Top - End - #1169

"National Blinkers Day"?

30. - Top - End - #1170

WhiteWizardGirl

"National Negative Nellies Night" (Added Alliterative Appeal!)