Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Rebellion|Revolution: A Webcomic

Remember how I said "No new comics for a few weeks"
    Remember how I'm a liar?
    Current Comic: James might be a little angry
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know why I had James flip out like this, but it just seems right. Also, Aranea deserves it, he really does.
    I might change this one around tomorrow (Tried to get away from the Desk thing as much as possible). Next comic will switch back to our merry band of Rebels, will fast forward to T: 0 Hours 23 minutes (or so), and will not feature a single desk!
    Thank you for bearing with me through this incrediably boring part of the chapter. Now we get to the fun stuff (No spoilers, but I'm practicing drawing explosions)

ALSO: Apparently, it was Bastille Day recently, Considering the nature of my comic, I should have done something for that, maybe I will.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-07-21 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, if i'd been cooped up for a while and the only lead found just died, I'd probably be pissed too.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nobody else?

Ah well, I probably deserve it, considering it dosn't look like I'll get a comic done this week. I waited too long to get it done. I know what needs to happen, but I can't quite visualize it. I'll keep working on it, maybe get it done for Monday.
    But yeah, I'm sorry. After getting back from vacation they had me working six days straight, and then I managed to not get comic stuff done on my two days off, now I'm nice and sleep-deprived (By the double logic of "I don't have work tommorow, I'm going to stay up late" and "I don't want to sleep too late, it's my day off and I don't want to sleep through my day off!"!)
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-07-29 at 10:00 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Once again, sorry about last week/the preceeding month.

Hey, remember whenI used to update on mondays? Woah those were some crazy days.
    Well they're back, at least for this week,
    Current Comic: How Ungrateful!
    Spoiler
    Show

Wheeeeeee! A comic without Desks and walls-of-text. Comments?

Now I should probably go back to my artist hole and work on a buffer before Starcraft II arrives.
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #185

Hurray! New comic.

A good one too.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Rebellion|Revolution: A Webcomic

Is it just me or is there something odd about the new guy with a goatee on each team?

They just seem suspicious and gives me the urge to make crazy conspiracy theories...

Not that I wouldn't make those anyway but you get the idea
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #187

Like what? They can't be that crazy.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Like what? They can't be that crazy.
    My first theory is that they are brothers/associates and are trying to bring the two groups together for a sinister motive involving freeing a prisoner who know what the government is planning with those Aglets.

The other is that they are each moles for someone on the other side and are trying to lead the resistance into a trap and get the police of track respectively.

The last is that the one helping the Revolution is there to lead the Jackal away from her job so that they can put something in Jimmy's food or keep him from being distracted by possible romance.

Less crazy than usual it seems
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    My first theory is that they are brothers/associates and are trying to bring the two groups together for a sinister motive involving freeing a prisoner who know what the government is planning with those Aglets.

The other is that they are each moles for someone on the other side and are trying to lead the resistance into a trap and get the police of track respectively.

The last is that the one helping the Revolution is there to lead the Jackal away from her job so that they can put something in Jimmy's food or keep him from being distracted by possible romance.

Less crazy than usual it seems
    Really, no suspicions that the beards are actually mind-controlling alien parasites and that the comic is shortly going to switch to a cliche-filled alien invasion scenario?

Because the truth is much weirder! Or is it? Dun Dun DUNNNNN
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Really, no suspicions that the beards are actually mind-controlling alien parasites and that the comic is shortly going to switch to a cliche-filled alien invasion scenario?

Because the truth is much weirder! Or is it? Dun Dun DUNNNNN
    That's ridiculous, it's obvious that the government just used, you know, the beta of their brain-washing-dashing Aglets and hid the blank-ey eyes behind the sunglasses and blajib. you need to think like them, dude, thinking sqaure while plotting our demise, man!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

I find it odd how the spider theme is being carried around division 8. regardless of whether you support the rebellion or the revolution, division 8 seems to be the most sinister element in the story so far.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep on rocking, BRC, and have a titlecard.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

No offence, but in my opinion, the characters in that drawing look like something from the Uncanny Valley. The proportions look off, their legs are too widely spaced (they look as if they were on stilts), the line thickness appears to randomly change throughout the image, and the way you have each movable part of their arms and legs be a separate, unconnected shape makes them appear unnatural.

Just some honest criticism, don't take it personally.

14. - Top - End - #194

I guess I'll add my opinion and just say that only the legs looked a little off to me.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

The "Disproportionate" thing I never really understood. I mean, the heads are large and the legs I will admit are a little wide-set, but otherwise they were based upon human proportions. The heads and faces were mostly a style choice, whereas the legs were mostly a side effect of giving people hips and there being no easy way to make close-set legs look natural with the semi-realistic bodies.

The joints, however, don't look off to me. Everything is exactly where I would expect it to be - minus that one bothersome kneecap I only noticed later - but I would be willing to see how I can at least fix the libs to make them less "off" even if I'm not seeing it myself.

But still, this wasn't about my art, it was just some friendly fanart.

Edit: ooh, I forgot the line thickness! It's actually not random - face details are 1.5, most else is 2.0, and small details like fabric folds or the cracks in the road are 1.0
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-08-06 at 05:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

YAY FANART!
    *Happy artist dance*
    *Leans over*
    *Looks Gift Horse in Mouth*
    I do wonder why James's Vest turned into a sweater-type-thing. Ah well, it's my fault for treating Sleeves so inconsistently (James and the other officers, as well as Mr Aranea, are supposed to be wearing suits, and so should have long sleeves, yet I draw them as short-sleeved, why, because I'm CRAZY!).

Anyway, Lemme scoop this up and throw it in the Fanart Spoiler. Thanks DLB!
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    YAY FANART!
    *Happy artist dance*
    *Leans over*
    *Looks Gift Horse in Mouth*
    I do wonder why James's Vest turned into a sweater-type-thing. Ah well, it's my fault for treating Sleeves so inconsistently (James and the other officers, as well as Mr Aranea, are supposed to be wearing suits, and so should have long sleeves, yet I draw them as short-sleeved, why, because I'm CRAZY!).

Anyway, Lemme scoop this up and throw it in the Fanart Spoiler. Thanks DLB!
    It's no problem. At the moment I've also, while tinkering with inkscape, accidentally fixed my limbs style and am on my way to making some examples in the experimentation class.

Edit: Truth be told, I just thought James'd rolled up his sleeves, and I've seen leather jackets that look like Maria's.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-08-06 at 08:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    It's no problem. At the moment I've also, while tinkering with inkscape, accidentally fixed my limbs style and am on my way to making some examples in the experimentation class.

Edit: Truth be told, I just thought James'd rolled up his sleeves, and I've seen leather jackets that look like Maria's.
    Well, let's see, whenever we've seen him wear it he's been either eating or at work, either way he might want to roll up his sleeves...
    yeah, that works! That's my story and I'm sticking too it!
    Why does Mister Aranea roll up his sleeves then? clearly, Division 8 is JUST THAT SINISTER!
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

HA, you thought I'd miss an update this week!
    WELL YOU WERE WRONG
    Current Comic: Getting on your Game Face
    Spoiler
    Show

Which goes to show that, underneath his stern exterior, Claude is just a guy whose slightly embarrassed about the implications of using an impractically large gun, yet he uses one anyway.
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #200

Rule #34: If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

I can't help but see how the guns reflect the roles of the two leaders. Maria is the supposed leader, supposed to be the one who knows the perfect way to get things done, but apart from the raid on the radio station, she has been over shadowed by Claude, who has much more power than she does, yet nominally defers to her.

I think the organization Claude represents doesn't want to be the face of the rebellion. They know the face always gets hit the hardest, so they are setting up maria as a figure head. If she wins, they hold all the strings. If she doesn't, they fade back into the shadows where they came from, and followers of 'the jackal' join them.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry guys, reality and comic making are not on speaking terms right now. In the time it should have taken me to get a comic done, I barely got a script.

This weekend is going to kill me (I'm one of the last seasonal employees to leave the zoo, which means long hours and hot days....yay, getting to work by 7:30 then listening to carosel music for 11 hours, then having another 11 hour day the next day...)
    aanyway, my shambling corpse, reanimated by science too terrible to even consider, will hopefully have enough integrity to shuffle over to the computer and attempt a double update next week to make up for this one.

Also, here, take some art, it's lazy.
    Spoiler
    Show

[/Center]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Current Comic: Said Caesar at the Rubicon
    Spoiler
    Show

Boom, Comic (Which includes booms).

Also, I get the feeling I'll regret this title at some point, but it was all that came to mind.
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #204

Yeah I don't get the title.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Ceasar said 'the die is cast' meaning, there is no turning back. The words are significant because he was killed in the end, but the people who opposed him also lost.

though the 'die' was cast in chapter one, this comic could prove to be another boundry, where once a path is stepped onto, there is no going back

And my theory that Maria is just being used as a figure-head seems to be more and more accurate

I also appreciate showing some flaws in the Rebels, they were getting kind of scarce
    Last edited by erictheredd; 2010-08-23 at 06:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

I love the way that man's face faded out after he was shot.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCap View Post
    I love the way that man's face faded out after he was shot.
    Glad somebody noticed that.

Hey Reb|Rev Fans, a combination of factors (Largely Packing for College and the fact that this next comic presents some tricky design issues) means that I likely won't get a comic done today. I'll also be traveling on thursday, so no comic then.

I'm shooting for a SUPER SPECIAL WEDNESDAY UPDATE! But no promises.

As a peace offering, some more DLB fanart

And some random art I did of James Sci-fi Style

so yeah, sowwy everybody.
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

SUPER SPECIAL WEDNESDAY COMIC!

Current Comic: I Hate Drawing Cars.
    Spoiler
    Show

The title says it all for this one. Didn't have as much time as I would have liked.

Now I need to get back to packingpackingpackingpackingpackingPACKING!
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #209

Hmmm.... it's not a bad car... the one panel Boom is a bit much though. No explosion bubble around it?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    the one panel Boom is a bit much though. No explosion bubble around it?
    That's how it was in the previous comic, though.
    Last edited by ShinyCap; 2010-09-02 at 07:13 AM.