New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Amy and Danielle

"Yeah, that's fine." An hour, well, there would still be plenty of time before dawn. "Or... Listen, Danielle, I'm in a phone booth. I've borrowed Mike's car. Do you want me to swing by and pick you up? I can be there in..." she launches a quick look at the phone book, noting the address. Not that far away from where she is, and in a nice residential quartier. "...fifteen minutes, and we can speak in the car." Hell of a lot safer, as well.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Amy

"No, that's fine", nosy neighbours hearing strange cars was all she needed or worse 'friends' following her, she thought harshly.

Only then did she begin to fully process the words Mick's car she thought, I am such a jerk.
    She had had to put up with Flat Face a murderer and a mutilator the thought sprung to her mind and she shivered she had not consider that at all since eating earlier, but she had to put up with him for one night.
    She did not have to deal with her own personal murderer and mutilator, Amy has to ask favours from that creep.

"The night air will help be clear me head and think", her tone softer, "talk to you in an hour", she waited for the confirmation and hung up.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-14 at 06:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy and Danielle

"Alright, but be careful, okay?" Amy answers back "And oh, uhm..." And you won't be able to recognise me, anyway, I'll be wearing a mask she wants to say, but for all she knows, there may be Danielle's mum listening in on another phone "Er...Danielle, I'll be waiting for you sitting on the swing, okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if we want to skip to the park or wait to see if Daelrog has any input... We could always recon if he says 'oh no you don't', I guess. Anyway, barring any tragedy happening, Amy will arrive to the park before Danielle and wait for her on the swing as promised. She'll look like she did when she was alive: an entirely forgettable brunette, quite short and almost on the ugly side of 'plain'.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yea wanted to give daelrog a chance to jump in.

Danielle

Moving back to the attic as quietly as possible she threw on a pair of jeans, socks and shoes, and other then that kept the long tshirt she was trying to sleep tucked into the waist, she tied her hair back and moved down stairs again.

Her heart should have been in her thought, it wasn't the worry at getting caught was all mental, sneaking out of the house was not normal for her it was not something she remembered doing since childhood the girls at school would likely say that is because I have no life. It was however surprisingly easy, move quietly out the back door close it, lock it carefully, and walk away, I can't believe that people actually brag about this.

Once outside she took up an easy jog, the jeans were old so didn't restrict movement to much, an hour turned out to be plenty of time when she didn't have to worry about getting tired and found herself moving well faster then a job at times stupid body can't recognise speed properly anymore.

Ok Amy, how did you get my number, how do you know where I live, who else knows you know that would likely cover the core concerns she had, but it might be nice to not come off as freak to the only person that might actually be her friend in her new difficulties.

Arriving at the park she made her way to the playground, to find a woman sitting on the swings, great, just great either she isn't here yet, or she can't come out because of this daft midnight swinger, approaching slowly, or she found her face ... or this is a setup to lure me out and attack my house, she froze, stop being paranoid.

Approaching the swings, "Found your makeup" her voice cool, it would either be Amy and she would be understood, or it would be some other woman ... sitting on swings ... late at night, crap this looks like she might have be depressed, and now I sound like I am insulting her, she hoped it was Amy.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy and Danielle

"Danielle, hey. You're alright." The woman smiles, visibly relieved. "Yeah, it's me, that's what I used to look like, till yesterday." She wonders distractedly if the others use their old human faces as well. I'll have to ask Mike, sometime. "I'm sorry that jerk left you alone in the woods."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Amy

She let out a smile, "to be honest, I was shocked for a few seconds and then laughed my head off at the relief of being free from having to deal with vampires for a while", shrugging "no offence".

"Happy you got the hang of it, might make things nicer for you", looking at the her to try and find imperfections in the disguise.

Her smile left sadly "I want to give you a hug, and find out how your day went, ask friendly things like can you do impressions of other people ... " her voice trailed off "but I need to know how you got my number, how you got the address and who else knows you know them", her voice wasn't harsh, but it was not apologetic about the questions either.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-15 at 02:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Amy

What? Amy frowns, confused "Danielle...you're on the phonebook." she answers "I was worried about you, went looking for you in the woods... and then I thought to check if you had got back home. You aren't exactly a 'Smith', there are only five Leblancs in this town. I got lucky that I got your mum on the first try, but, really, it would have just taken me five minutes instead of one."

"That's what I wanted to talk you about... uhm... you can't stay in that house, you know that, right? It's too easy to track you there." And you'd be putting your family in danger, too. "I...er...do you need a place to stay?"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Amy

She was dumbfounded, she had not actually considered that, she had used it before when she had looked for families for missing children but it had not even crossed her mind about herself.

"I am really stupid" she muttered in shock, leaping to her feet, "he could be going there now I need to get home",she took a step, "no if he is staking it out then I can't go home", she was panicked now, talking aloud to herself not even facing Amy as she ran through things.
    Her voice had genuine fear in it, for her mother but also for herself, "if I ain't there he will go in to find where I could be, if he was there already he would have followed me here, if I was here I would be dead, so he isn't here or there".

Calming down a bit, think it through, "he doesn't know my name, so he can't use that. If he did have my name I would be dead already ... more dead, deader", she was still talking or muttering to herself.

Facing Amy her posture and tone changed firstly seeming to remember she was there and then remembering she saw the outburst.
    "Thank you for making me aware of this, it is appreciated", her words overly formal it was a defence habit that kicked in to a varying degree when dealing with people in stressful situations, or authority figures, or when she wanted to be taken seriously ... in a lot of cases really, "forgive my outburst, however I must be going", [I]get home, check on mom/i], the thought I need her to be ok, I need it.

She turned a fist balled tightly, her other hand searching for absently for the missing knife that she left at home, it had been a source of comfort to her oddly.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy and Danielle

"Danielle." The girl is panicking, and Amy can't really fault her for that, but she won't be helping anyone like that, less of all herself. She gets up from the swing and goes near her, putting a hand on her shoulder. If she doesn't resist, she'll make it a full hug.

"Danielle, you have to calm down and think about this a bit." she says "He doesn't have your name NOW, but that doesn't mean that he can't get it in a lot of places." Amy should know, that was the sort of thing she loved doing. "And if you're home when he goes there...you'll be dead, and your family, too, probably" if they get in his way. From the stuff I've been hearing, it doesn't seem like the guy is too concerned about collateral damage. "If you aren't home and your mum can't tell him where you are, why should he kill her?"

"You, uhm, you can came back to the flats if you want. I know Flat Face just dumped you and left, but I...er, I don't think he was supposed to do that." Plus, there's five of us at the flats. Safety in numbers and all that.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, actually that's my cue to jump in.

"No, that will not be happening." Jean du Noir appeared from nowhere. It didn't look like him, as his face was now handsome with sharp features, and raven black hair, much like a vampire in the movies, but his voice gave him away. He was wearing all black, black jeans, black shirt, black jacket. Even the of the sword hanging on his belt was black.

"If you truly wish to risk yourself for the Clanless, that is your choice. If you die I will have Donovon find me another." Somehow his very casual attitude from the night before took on a whole new meaning. "However, the other three who live in the Flats are not easily replaced. They each have decades of experience as kindred that you simply cannot find in a kine. You're a very empathetic girl Amy, but you have no right to risk the lives of others to sate your own conscience."

Jean did not seem to recognize Danielle's presence as he spoke. His eyes gazed into Amy's, and she truly saw how old, and callous the Prince was.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-11-16 at 01:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She accepted the hug, and processed the words, no, she couldn't leave her mother, she would look for me and the others would kill her they know where she lives.

The thought was cut off when the man appeared ... on instinct she moved to impose herself to protect Amy when she recognised the voice. Oh crap.

Eyes down respectfully she backed off to stay out of his direct line of sight to stand at the side and let him and Amy speak.

I have enough trouble with the hunter she thought I don't need this.
    Considering the implications I especially don't need him thinking he made a mistake in letting me survive.

She kept her mouth firmly shut.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-16 at 02:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    His eyes gazed into Amy's, and she truly saw how old, and callous the Prince was.
    Oh no, she had him pretty much figured out as a jerk since he, you know, cut off Faruq's tongue the evening before, so it's not like it's a big reveal.

Amy almost jumps out of her skin when the Prince appears out of nowhere. My own friggin' clan is going to give me an heart attack, if they don't stop doing that "Your maj..." She remembers Mike's word just in time to avoid another gaffe "Your excellency." What is he doing, following her? Why, if she is so replaceable? And... A -sword-, really? Guy has issues. Issues or not, he probably expects an answer. Too bad the only thing her mind is able to come up with is What the hell? You were the one to have her sleep at the Flats yesterday, and all of a sudden that's not cool with you anymore? Issues. Definitely issues. Unless... well, unless it's a power play, and the Prince just wants to show her who's the boss. There's really no need, I got that I'm less than a nobody, here.

Amy has never been as loud and outspoken as, say, Mary, but still, she is not used to take crap from people without saying anything. Not even from the Prince. She has no choice but to do what he wants, but... I'm going to let him know I know he's full of **** in the most respectful and polite way I can manage. Six years of customer service. Amy knows something about dealing with jerks.

"Your excellency. I assumed Danielle was supposed to keep staying at the flats, and Flat Face had operated on his own initiative. I'm sorry I misunderstood." Actuallly, I didn't go to college, but I can understand basic English. I didn't misunderstand, it's you that turned table on me all of a sudden. "If those are your orders, I will comply". I have to, but there's still no way I'll get Danielle back home to get herself killed... and suddenly, she has the solution, elegant in its simplicity.

"Danielle, I'm sorry, I have to retreat my offer." she says. She hopes Danielle understands. "But..." she rummages in a couple of pockets, before finding it. Back pocket of her jeans, it's always the back pocket. "...here, those are the keys of a flat in Rowen Street. Fifth floor, apartment 37. I used to live there till yesterday, rent is payed till the fifth of next month. You really shouldn't go back to your house." And she should be fine, if she sleeps in the bathroom...or the closet. Small, but she should be able to curl up in there. Not like cramps are going to be an issue anymore. Amy launches a look to the Prince, to see if he has something to say about that, as well.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Amy

She wasn't sure how she was meant to act here, but with a sword and a warning the prince ... or who ever mimicked his voice and wore the face they wanted ... could send a clear message by simple decapitating her, no clanless no problem.

When Amy offered the keys she wanted to argue, she had to go home to protect her mother ... even if protecting her was merely stopping her from worrying. But now was not the time for that discussion.

"Thanks" her voice low and her tone indicated that it was appreciated but also that it was not needed, the way someone might thank someone for offering a lift after you had arranged a different one ... dammit I need to work on masking that, she took the keys.

She edged back again to avoid the princes ire by getting involved even in this small way.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Jean gave deep sigh, his left hand moved to his face. The index and middle finger rubbed his brow, his ring finger massaged his eye lid. "Amy dear, you took Mike's care, drove around for an hour in the backwoods, and called Danielle's house. Let me assure that is working on one's initiative." It looked like he had regretted his decision to come himself.

"You have reminded me why all of my decent friends have met final death. Their morality gets troublesome eventually." He finally looked at Danielle. "Run along Danielle. You have done nothing wrong this night. From the way Flat Face was speaking over the phone I would say he only mildly dislikes you, a far better opinion than he has for most."

Whether Danielle was leaving or not, he continued with Amy. "Why are you going to far to help her Amy? It's not that what you're doing is unusual for the situation, but we need to know what is causing you to do it."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Amy (to start with)

She knew a dismissal when she heard one, "thank you sir" she said in a low voice and instinctively responding to his own accent said in French and with a bob of head in thanks and with a glance of - be ok - to Amy she took off back the way she came.

She had to get home, sure the private conversation of the most powerful vampire in the area and his newest recruit might be nice to hear, but getting home and making sure her mom was alright was much more important, and that was ignoring being dismissed.

Did I speak french, thinking dammit I did, he will think I am sucking up or something, considering or he won't have either noticed or cared.

She was moving flat out to get home, worry guiding her speed.

Arriving back at the house she slowed down and looked around to see anyone before going to sneak back in.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming that nothing stops her or catches her interest I will post one final post for the night about her settling in for sleep.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She heard in Danielle's voice that she had no intention to accept her offer. Danielle, dammit, don't be stupid she wants to say, but of course she can't start arguing with her about it, not with the Prince standing less than three feet in front of her. I hope she'll be alright. she thinks, before returning her full attention to the Prince. She unfortunately can do nothing else for the girl.

She frowns slightly at him. Why is he asking, isn't it obvious? She doesn't know what the answer he wants to hear is, so the truth will have to do. "Because she is seventeen and she died yesterday, and there is someone that wants her dead again. And she didn't ask for any of this" None of us asked for any of this, she adds silently in her head, fighting for just a second with a sensation of constriction at the back of her throat as the image of a mirror flashes into her mind, and she remembers the sound of her own screaming.

"But... I have Mike, and the others, and... a purpose, too." The stuff you want me doing for you. "She is alone, and people can't be even bothered to call her by her name." She has kept looking the Prince in the eyes during her little speech. Amy isn't the most self-assured of people...but neither is she the kind to back down from her positions. Especially when she is right.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

"This world must be a very aweful place for you then. It will no doubt get worse as you see just how far the rabbit hole goes down." Although ever so slight, there was a hint of Jean speaking with a little more conviction, just a little less relaxed. "I suppose asking you to find some other poor soul to give a damn about would be rude of me, no?" His eyes looked up to the sky, focusing on the half moon above. "I'm going to give you two tales Amy to ponder. Once I speak those words you will head back to the Flats. You will not see me again until you have earned your place amongst kindred."

His left hand raised up, holding a skull. Where had he gotten a skull? "Final death. Somehow, in some manner the Caitiff dies. Jackal might disembowel her. A mourning Al may stake her and leave her for the sun. Her mortal ties may drag her to a church and throw holy water on her in hopes of driving out the demon. A week? A month? A year? She dies, and you continue to survive. It is the most likely outcome."

He snaps his finger and in his right hand appears an apple, red as blood. "Let's say that Danielle lives though. Jackal the Ninebladed dies. The girl finds a niche. She becomes an expert in some field which the other kindred value. She eventually moves on from Havensworth and travels the world. Years go by, even centuries. She tries not to kill, but she still does. First it's only one every ten years or so, wicked man, perhaps those she targets as a vigilante. Then it becomes once a year as she begins to slip, she becomes cocky, she begins judging men and women for the smallest slights, mistakes anyone can make become a death sentence. In time, she doesn't bother to kill based on some moral code. She becomes a monster, one that doesn't even remember her life as a human, nor the kind Nosferatu who cared during her first nights."

The apple and skull vanished. "Forgive the theatrics. I think I can understand the Toreador slightly better now though. Both are common tales, and my question to you is which one is better? I bid you a good night." He gave a shallow bow and began to walk away. His form began to fade away slowly.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Strawberries: You have time to say something to the Prince before he disappears.

@dancrilis: Go ahead an do your last post.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy watches the display, fascinated despite herself. Mike hadn't mentioned that, when talking about things the Nosferatu can do. Amy wonders briefly if she can manage it too, if she puts effort in it. She would have to try, as soon as she is alone. She bites her lips, considering what Jean has said. Is that what happens if we survive, really? To all of us? The Prince himself seems a good argument for it. But that is how he sees things. Doesn't mean that's how things -are-.

He doesn't seem to want an answer, but still... "It hasn't to be either or, though." she states quietly behind him as he walks away. It's not loud, not exactly, but it isn't even a mumble. It's a fair bet that he can hear her from where he is. And even if it is... I guess I'll worry about it in a couple hundred years. If I'm still alive by then It seems such a long time at the moment. I wonder how does it feel to remember two or three centuries.

Amy watches the Prince disappear before turning herself and starting to walk towards Mike's car.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing else I want to do for tonight. If nothing else happens, she'll go back to the flats, return the keys to Mike with her thanks, and go to sleep.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Moving to the back of the house she entered in the same manner she left, and with the same ease.

She paced around the kitchen for a while in the dark, Amy seemed certain that she had made the wrong choice, but why sure Amy found her but she had her name, the Jackal didn't.
    He was also apparently a stalker according to Felix, that implied she might be safe ... but also implied that she didn't need to be here for her mother's safety, but did she need to be for herself and her mother's mental health?

She couldn't allow for her mother to think that I fled, she lost Katrina already I can't just disappear out of the blue.
    Her pacing and thoughts lasted for over an hour as she tried to make sense of things, finally coming to the course of action for the future she would visit Jack, he seemed not to have a personal agenda and offered help, he might be able to explain things.
    But not tonight, she considered whether Flat Face had tried to do her more of a favour then she thought and that she was not wise enough to see it.

Writing a letter to her mother.
    Mom had to go out and meet Amy, sorry I didn't want to worry you so I didn't mention it she started.
    Moving to a biscuit tin she took a bite and immediately retched when she tried to swallow.
    She continued, I am having trouble keeping food down, so might need so don't worry about food for me for a while.
    Considering I am very tired so please just let me sleep through the day, I will be in the attic, and I don't want to be disturbed and I don't know if I will be able to wake in the state that I am in.
    If any one asks for me I would prefer if you just told them I was out, I don't want them knowing anything is wrong. If it is very important, either of the police from earlier for example, allow them to wake me but I would prefer no one else knew I was here, especially people you don't personally recognise.

She paused, thinking for a long time then began again, There was a man last night, I didn't see his face and he might have been got by the police, but he scared me, she stopped she never really been one for fear not since Katrina went missing anger was a more default response ... I need to get hold of the anger again she thought.
    She spent a bit of time describing him as best she could if you think he is here call the police - those ones from earlier stopping again.
    If it comes to it is important to save yourself mom, if it is you are me choose you. I can take care of myself but I need to know you will be ok, "please choose yourself" she muttered.

Her note written she moved upstairs back to the attic, stopping to look in on her mother to make sure she was alright, she stood over her as she slept. She smiled as the woman looked to be peaceful, "I love you mom".

Then grabbing an old teddy-bear of her sister's and a photo of the three of them together in happy times she moved to the attic and settled into deep sleep.

Spoiler
    Show

And that is her done for the night.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-17 at 10:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Banned

His head filling with information once again, the first thing to come to Faruq's mind in response was Hey, my life wasn't -that- quaint, but firstly that's hardly an argument and secondly, these two had been among the more helpful people he'd met so far. Why offend them, then? They sure do get offended fast. A brother's tongue for being smarter? REALLY? Especially his new-found knowledge of the disciplines would come in handy at some point, that much was certain - after all: Potence: Hitting like a truck. Presence: Making people think you're cool. Auspex: Knowing when people don't think you're cool. Animalism: Chilling with beavers and stuff. Dominate: Being a boss. Fortitude: Taking it like a boss, as well. Obfuscate: Not letting people know you're there. Celerity: Being there so friggin' fast they wouldn't even notice, really. Works for me, alright.

But as had always been his way, he started analysing this new input even as Sean stepped on stage and went on talking: But that means I'm just gonna rock being tough and sexy. What's that goblin-kindred chick's name? Amy? Probably not -that- much of a change for me. That little, at least, felt good, and his toothy smirk was about as self-satisfied as it would likely appear arrogant to some. For while the likes of Flat Face and his lot surely had quite an albatros to wear about - and he, Faruq, was surely just about as tough and sexy as they come - he figured they deserved it by this point. Exceptions nonewithstanding, naturally.

Now, guessing further, Presence is what Kirsch and Forrest tried back in the basement, there. With sudden trust 'n' stuff. While Dominate was what she tried to crack my bomb-bluff with, I guess. This does make sense. Somewhat.
    And as it happens every once in a while, a minor strategy started unfolding within his peculiar Ventrue brain: But they're bad at it, aren't they? I reckon, you pop Presence first, then lay down some rethorics, and go Dominate once you -must- drive that one point home. Suddenly feeling like you should trust the one that just killed you is just gonna seem suspicious to everyone. Now I just gotta learn what the Ventrue are all about, and maybe I could make 'em out as a shame to my clan... and get them... dunno, executed, probably. No. Wait. Not too fast. I promised I would see them brought down, alright. But this is gonna be a game of subtleties from here on out. I'm gonna make it painful, slow, and nasty. Jackal. And these two right here. And the Sabbat. Anyone else feel like this could work out?

Yet while that wasn't all there was to it - You know, dem Assamite contacts gotta be good for -some- light scares... - he felt a certain confidence rising, speeding his heartbeat and driving his long-redundant breath. That is it, actually. Ol' Byron said that ghouls age slowly. And that the key is vampire blood. Hence Ammi Ahmad's bottles, and the "Only drink this when you're eighteen"-clause. That's the key. He's been feeding his people vampire blood. We're a bunch of ghouls, originally. And if I remember correctly, ghouls get a good bit tougher than the regulars. Hence why that tongue-cut-action actually -hurt-. I'm used to taking much higher levels of pain, and sharp instruments, I just wa'n't familiar with... Which likely is why Hussa took that road sign to the face that one time and just kept dishin' it out. And why Mamomy... Crud. It's why Mamomy is so friggin' pious all the time. He's wise to the game. That whole "I'm basically like a saint and you're a glorified zombie" thing he pulled on the old man. He's compensating. Likely also why we're almost all on drugs or something of the sort. Cravings. Blood. Gotta drink. Gotta make up for the pull somehow.

It made sense, alright, and it felt much like his fairly limited eyes were opening that decisive bit further, no matter how bad the realisations felt, letting him see the big picture this once, and in amazing detail: But then, wait. I should be a double-natural at Fortitude. And some of those sound handy. Protean means going manimal on bitches, Dementation drives the masses nuts, and Thaumaturgy is what chained my people down so long. My people's clan, at least. A plan formed - So that means: Fort up, rely on what I'm good at, and be better. Easy 'nuff. I got some scores to settle here, and if they wanna get me to 'embrace' Kindred society - It should be noted that he still understood "Embrace" to be a rather wacky euphemism for what he would otherwise just have called "rape" in any context relating to vampires - then I'mma give 'em that. Screw Princes, make me friggin' -KING-. - and Faruq felt a new sense of drive, a new sense of direction, and a surge of strength. If the Camarilla had needed a curse to fend off the Assamites... And the Assamites still were vampire killers par excellence in spite of it... Now, one doesn't have to make good on threats, but the threat itself...

The smirk broadened, and in a move he didn't quite control himself, the intrepid young Arab found himself following the big man up there, steps that of a dancer, swag that of a pimp... "I'mma gonna take you up on that, alright. But say, first off, I gotta thank you. Really helped me out. And secondly, yo clan is Auspex, Presence, Celly, am I right?" A reasonable guess, he guessed, for the descriptions fit. "Then, you know, one thing I'd like ta know... Our clans related? Don't ya get me wrong, but see, just seems a little odd that both would have the same ol'... discipline all goin'. Presence, like." And lastly, naturally: "And while we're at it, there a Cam meeting tonight? I reckon if I'm gonna take to this Kindred society thing we've got goin' here, I might as well ride in with you, if ya don't mind."

And just like that, he realised one thing: From here on out, regardless of what happened, he had just the knowledge he would need, and given Flockton's list-related promise, even more inbound.

Now, to just set the rules against the more deserving victims...
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-11-21 at 07:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Faruq

"No more so related than to the other Clans. Oh we get along splendidly the Ventrue and Toreador. Not on an individual level mind you, but the Ventrue take care of the dull, boring paperwork, all those tedious little tasks, while we can pursue our higher calling!"

Sasha stood up and slinked towards sean lustfully. The large man noticed and as she neared, he pushed her away, no longer in the mood, letting Sasha tumble down with little grace. "And no meeting tonight I'm afraid. Everyone busy, busy, busy as usual. We usually hold them once every month or two. Any more than that, and we'd be at each others' throats... literally."

Sean stopped, noticing Sasha wimper on the floor. "Get a hold of yourself girl. Get us a drink... say Faruq, what is your choice of blood? Your clan's weakness does make being a gracious host difficult at times."

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Amy had woken up that evening to find Mike and Flat Face missing. Only Slick was there. Slick, Amy found out, was as harmless as they came. Shy, innocent, clueless at times, he was probably picked on in high school. "Hey, trouble's brewing. They wanted me to tell you to go to the east, second meeting spot."

After seeing the city's plans and defenses, she knew the location. It was at an IHOP restaurant.

-

Andrew was given the address by Matthew. "Hey chickling, looks like you'll get a chance to prove yourself. Good luck." Chickling was Matthew's nickname for Andrew.

-

Erica woke up to find Byron waiting. "There's a task you've been asked to help with. Last minute. Jean's orders."

The three found themselves in front of the IHOP. It was closed down for repairs. Erica and Amy had not met Andrew yet, but had heard of him. He was handsome, and could easily pass as a model.

"It took you all long enough." Donovon appeared before the group. "We have a small problem that we want the three of you to attend to. A couple weeks ago we facilitatd a discussion between the Russian mob, and a group of white supremacists. The Russians betrayed us, and attacked earlier today, killing most of the other group as they were finishing packing their things to move out.

"Investigate the scene of the crime, and see what you can find out." Her orange, baleful eye took turns on all three of them.

Danielle, Rick

"Right team, we have a hunt on our hands!" Flat Face clapped his calloused hands together. Rick had been sent to Flat Face by Quenton, and Danielle had been picked up by Flat Face personally. They were standing in the middle of a park.

"Turns out Desmund's been a bad boy, and we get to stomp his ass, as soon as we find him. Turns out he's been trying to sire a bunch of childer, the idiot. Since Al's still dealing with the Jackal business, and Cassidy's been a bet stranger lately, it falls to our happy crew to get the job done. We got a lead that he's an old, abandoned motel on the outskirts of town."
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-11-22 at 12:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle + Rick

Her plan for tonight had largely been to play music and relax, mostly relax.

When Flat Face had shown up and let her know something was up she had invited him in while she made a quick call to cancel her night plans at the bar ... something they had been warned of with all the things in her life at the moment.

She had been trying to learn the names of the vampires, and she was pretty sure that this one was Rick but didn't want to say in case she was wrong she nodded to him instead as a greeting.

So Desmund the good caitiff wanted to make a bunch of other caitiff, per Billy but this time on mass ... great.
    She was almost looking forward to the chance to stop the deranged maniac, only stopping herself from doing so by the implication that maybe she was next and that caitiff were just like this.
    Were all bloodlines perhaps founded by a caitiff? In some natural instinct to form a pseudo-clan ... the thought was interesting for a split second before she moved on mentally.

Ok time to be a bitch "Sorry Flat Face, no problem helping" she didn't either, stopping a murderous jerk sounded like a good use of her time "but why am I helping: just my good hearted nature, getting good will, I'm dead of I don't, money, knowledge ... just want to be sure on the deal here", she shrugged apology for the question.

There were other questions she wanted to ask, but no need to hog the time; the former cop - if she remembered right - would likely be able to ask smarter questions then her anyway.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-22 at 01:20 AM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Danielle and Rick

Rick's slowly but surely learning the ropes of his new state. The Blood magic was some weird stuff, but Rick had gotten the basic's down. Pretty fast too, if Quenton's praise was anything to go by.

He's still uncomfortable with Henry's casual murder of one of his own men, but he also knows that saying anything was a good way to get himself killed. Best to keep his head down and hope he can change things from the insides. Maybe he can start building connections with others like himself, though even there he has to remain careful so as not to be labeled a traitor. Perhaps the Embrace had made him more pragmatic. He's not yet sure how he feels about that.

Nor is he sure how he feels about his latest assignment. Why did the Tremere want him helping the Nosferatu out? Was it an attempt o get in good with the prince? He had only been a vampire a short time, but Rick had quickly learned that nothing was given for free.

He listens to the foul "Flat Face" explain his objective. Apparently he would be taking out a mad kindred who was embracing recklessly. Rick had little problem with dealing with someone like that, if that was indeed the case. The thought of someone forcing so many into this state unwillingly filled him with rage. At least he had had a choice.

He notices the thin blood's been assigned to the job with him. Nice to see she had survived, at least for the moment. On the other hand, he doubted she gained any respect from the older kindred. That he had been assigned to the task with her was curious, and perhaps proof that he himself was not held in high esteem yet either. More reason to perform admirably.

"I'm guessing this is an execution then? We locate him and deal with him? I don't get the sense there's many jails in our society."

He enters fully into detective mode. "So this Desmond. Does he have any allies we may have to be wary of? Any particular skills in weaponry, stealth, that sort of thing? I've no desire to be taken by surprise. I let my guard down before. It won't happen again."
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-11-22 at 02:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    "Must be serious," she thought.

Erica dressed casual, wearing sneakers and denim, and grabbed a drink of blood before leaving. The ride to the IHOP was uneventful, and Erica's thoughts whirled with the things she had on her to-do list. She had a good hunch on where some of Weinmann's hidden accounts were, but she needed to do more work to track them down.

She was the last to arrive at the destination, and was about to introduce herself to the unknown guy, but Donovan seemingly appeared from nowhere.

Erica listened intently to their instructions.

Snooping around a crime scene? I don't have time for this!

"Nice to see you again Donovan," she said, "I've got two questions: first, wouldn't Rick be a better choice for this, seeing as he's a detective, and second, where did this happen, and do the police know about it yet? Do you want us to take pictures of the crime scene or no?"

Well, I guess that was three questions. Don't forget to stop off and pick up rubber gloves, no need to leave fingerprints at the scene of a crime.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Flat Face listens to the two. He seems to be a bit more professional today, taking them both seriously at least for the moment. "Well apprentice," he gestured towards Danielle, "part of being the new kid is getting pulled to do an odd task here or there. Show the Prince waht you're made of. Some of the others are dealing with some kine drama, be glad you got this one. You got picked in particular for this one so you'd see why kindred don't like you by association." He wasn't jeering at her or laughing. He looked to Rick. "Well, that's sort of the problem. No one really paid much attention to him. Know he has a bit of celerity, and obfuscate. Handsome kid, here's his picture."

Flat Face handed a photo that could have been from a driver's license only larger. Desmund was a handsome man with dark brown hair almost black, narrow green eyes, and a light shadow.

"Other than that he was apparently enrolled in medical school when he got embraced. Family's down in Nevada, so no one of blood there. Got a tip on the motel from a security camera." He gave Rick a knowing smile. "And yeah, we find him, we kill him. We could get some brownie points and drag him in alive, only means the Prince will get to do it himself. The Camarilla's got a few prisons here and there. Execution's a better fate."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She nodded to Flat Face, and nodded Rick's words as he spoke, "Fine, stopping a psycho sounds good", considering "I won't kill him though, Jean made it clear that that it his right, he might have delegated to you but unless I hear it from him I am not going to risk crossing him", shrugging "won't try to stop either of you though".

The conversations with Jack were morbid at times but useful, assuming you have permission to break the rules was unlikely to be not healthy ... and that likely applied even when two other clanless went insane so close together.

"Would like to make sure he is not bound or being controlled if possible", make sure this wasn't some powerplay to make Jean look weak using the caitiff ... not for entirely unselfish reasons.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Banned

His unlikely benefactor's treatment of what had previously been called his soulmate did leave an awkward impression with Faruq - Dang man, shoving girls ain't cool. - but ultimately, that was their business... And per chance she actually liked it? Weren't the ones with the more abusive significant others typically the most defensive about 'em, too? Regardless, he could use a drink, and had this kind of thing had any way of getting out of hand, that would have happened long ago. Or would it? Would it -really- have? And would that make it better...? Prolly not, but I still want a drink.

... Da -hell- did I just -think-, there? Gotta watch that kind of thing.

"Yeah, I can see why that would be, but well... quite frankly, that's a little difficult in and of itself." The thing about blood-drinking was that he didn't yet know what the thing about blood-drinking was, after all. "Because, you see, I'm kinda gonna have to look into that bit a little further. I originally told 'em I'd like blood willingly given. And figuring that they probably weren't quite prepared for that last night, I reckon being invited for a glass regardless of source fulfills that, meaning whatever you have should be fine." Pause. That actually seemed rather smart of him. Perhaps he had created a curse-loophole, here? Willingly -given-, not willingly -shed-. Could be, I guess. "Then again, I don't quite like the idea of having some poor sod get shanked for it, and I told Forrest I would like blood that ha'n't been suffered for. Which, I admit, could possibly have happened yesterday, meaning I'd basically need blood from someone perfectly fine with having it consumed..." Wait. Yester-day- or yester-night-? Is there some sort of secret vampire vocab on that, too? Note to self: Find out. "Other than that, I reckon I'm not really sure. You'd figure peeps with complicated tastes would test that kind of thing somehow, but then they really didn't get around to that, I guess..."

An apologetic smile replaced the airs of casual superiority he had previously shown as he shrugged his one-instance uncertainty out, and only then did he return to business: "But say, speaking of, wouldn't that "paperwork" part mean I could have been a badass undead assassin and ended up an office goon? Is that what Ventrue are?" 't would explain the uninspired strategies. Tried and true vampire-mortal-wrangling to take 'em behind closed doors. But still... "And Toreador would be... artists, then? Theater people? Piano men? Or more like, one's bureaucrats, one's politicians, and one does the lyrics and the other one the notes?" He hoped that they would not get him wrong, easily as light confusion gets mistaken for distaste at times. "No offense, jus' kinda wanna get this straight before I pi- offend somebody without wanting to."

But I wonder whether getting some stoned guy's blood right now would be too much to ask. I could go for some, and there will be some time until -I- get to testing things like this.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-11-23 at 09:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

The woman that nods at Donovon isn't the fanged abomination that Erica remembers from the party and Andrew has never seen, but a much more ordinary and plain girl, who looks in her early twenties. She nods politely at both Erica, and Andrew, before focusing again on Donovon.

"Uhm...right" she says, taking in Donovon's words. Mike had been sure that would happen, Amy remembers I wonder why we hadn't put contingency measures in to avoid it... And anyway, what was there to investigate? Yuri-frigging-Votwhatsit had killed those, hadn't he? But she's probably being unfair, she realises. There's always more things to uncover. "Uhm.. and how many people dead, exactly?" She wanted to ask if the police has been involved yet, but Erica effectively anticipated her. Good girl. It won't be a good idea to be found poking around on a crime scene when the cops came to do their job.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Danielle and Rick

Rick studies the picture, attempting to memorize it. Of course, with some obfuscate Desmund could easily change his appearance, if the rumors he had heard about that power were true. He passes it to Danielle.

This would be his first time killing someone, or at least assisting in their murder. It made him a little uneasy. But there were monsters in the world, figurative and literal. If Desmund proved to be one of them, maybe it was for the best if he was taken out.

Maybe.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Andrew was somewhat bitter that Matthew was the one who called him. Why did his sire have to be such a child? Fortunately, Amanda showed some improvement on the cognitive front, now actually vocal about her preferences rather than just, "Whatever you think is best." He grabbed a drink from the fridge before heading out. Amanda had offered hers, but he didn't feel right about that. Andrew slammed the car door and quirked a brow at the building. "What is this, high school?" Within a few minutes, a young woman arrived. Kinda cute, in a "girl next door" sort of way. "Hi, I'm Andy," he said, extending his hand. Amy. A lot of As. Another woman showed up a short while after and approached him, only to have her introduction preempted by Donovan. Dead neo-nazis? His heart bled for them. Murder investigations were not Andrew's forte, but he chimed in when Erica asked about pictures. "If we need it, my camera's in the car."
    Last edited by JonRG; 2012-11-22 at 03:45 PM.