New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Zogonia?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Zogonia?

I loved this comic both on and offline but then boom! It dissapeared. It stopped showing in Dragon and the website is a blank page. Does anyone know what happened.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Zogonia?

I know that at the time it ended, Paizo's contract with Wizards of the Coast was also discontinues, AND Tony Mosley had just published a collection of his comics. I don't know for sure, but he may have pulled the site to boost sales of his book.

I also don't know if he started anything new, but I haven't seen anything from him since Zogonia and Mt. Zogon ended.

Personally, I liked Mt. Zogon better. The druidess Galeena was funny in a "completely insane" way!
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    I know that at the time it ended, Paizo's contract with Wizards of the Coast was also discontinues, AND Tony Mosley had just published a collection of his comics. I don't know for sure, but he may have pulled the site to boost sales of his book.

I also don't know if he started anything new, but I haven't seen anything from him since Zogonia and Mt. Zogon ended.

Personally, I liked Mt. Zogon better. The druidess Galeena was funny in a "completely insane" way!
    If he did want to boost sales he would leave a comic or ten still up and put a link to wherever he sells those books.
    Last time I checked, the site was there, but the page was a black screen.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khanderas View Post
    If he did want to boost sales he would leave a comic or ten still up
    Or even all of them. The reason the Foglio started putting Buck Godot and What's New? online is when they found how publishing Girl Genius on the web boosted the sales of the books.

Going away from the webcomic milieu, the novelist Paulo Coelho recently published his books, notably his best-seller The Alchemist, on his blog; inciting people to pirate it and translate it... His publisher wasn't really happy... But the sales exploded afterwards. (Source.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Both of those comics were very funny and it is sad to see that both of them have disappeared I have gone to that site for months now and all it shows is th black patterned background.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other avatars by Vael

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

IIRC, he's having "real life" issues. Of what kind, I have no idea. But probably the kind that stops him from being able to afford time/bandwitdh/whatever to an active (or even archived) webcomic.

<Old School DnDer>
    I just hope we don't have another Dave Trampier situation on our hands.
    </Old School DnDer>
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    IIRC, he's having "real life" issues. Of what kind, I have no idea. But probably the kind that stops him from being able to afford time/bandwitdh/whatever to an active (or even archived) webcomic.

<Old School DnDer>
    I just hope we don't have another Dave Trampier situation on our hands.
    </Old School DnDer>
    I design websites for a living, and I've got lots of extra space and bandwidth on my servers... if anyone can get a message to him, I'd consider it an honor to host his comics and a site for him, for free.

[email protected]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

For anyone looking for old Zogonia comics, you can find them using the Way Back Machine (archive.org) - just search for zogonia.com and check out the Nov 2006 site. Not sure if you can see all of them but I've been able to look through a few at least.