New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Recruiting!

((Oh, we're picking RP characters already? I make no claim to the canon-icity, I just wanted to use the characters...))

Bikanel Island. Sanubia Sands. Once the location of the secret Home of the Al Bhed, now they have returned to mine for Machina, keeping to the safer areas of the island.

But out in the far reaches of the desert, something stirs...

A lone Chocobo drinks from the clear water of an oasis when the earth begins to slowly rumble. It is slow enough to catch the creature by surprise, but as it watches the water drain into a crack in the ground it begins to run. The earth shakes and the chocobo runs. The earth cracks, and still it runs.

But it is not fast enough, and it knows it. Kweh-ing to whatever god governs foolish animals, and with all its strength it it pushes itself to the limit, leaping over a widening crevasse and flapping its wings for all the good it would do.

For a brief moment, the bird's decent stops. Reverses. With renewed vigor the Chocobo flaps harder and harder until finally, almost dead of exhaustion, it slows and begins to descend once more.

What's that Chocobo think it's doing, eh Wedge?

The bird looks around. No longer surrounded by miles of endless sand and bottomless cracks. Now it is standing on flagstone within some large structure.

Kweh?

Dunno, Biggs. Catch it, though. King Edgar's gonna want a ride outta here. If this is the right place. What does this make, five stops?

Six. Remember, that last place was ruled by that guy what had been a frog. You think we're in the right place?

I hope so. I'd better go tell the King we're here.

No need. Edgar launches himself up the stairs, sand falling from his cloak like rain. He lifts a pair of goggles off his eyes. Yeah. This is the right place. I can somehow feel it. I'm going back in to get my tools. You two saddle up that Chocobo.

Yes Sir!
    Yes Sir!
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-07-04 at 10:34 PM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    I will totally sign up if there are still slots!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    *runs into thread*

Is there still room for me? Please? (^.^)
    Room enough for you both, and Aemoh and Fiery Tower too.

37 players makes Banjo a happy panda (or Snorlax I guess), as does the beginning of roleplay!

Signups will close at approx 10am tomorrow (GMT+1), after which I'll start sending out role PM's. Once this is done the game will start in this thread with the opening narration.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

“Come on little doggy, dance!”

Kuja giggled as the Bandersnatch yelped and gamely tried to drag itself out of the clearing. As the Remnant least connected to Jenova he had been the first facet to fall free from the whole. He’d favoured a leap away from the comet as it plummeted, rather than a high speed dunk in the ocean when it hit. Since then Kuja had amused himself in this clearing just outside the quaint little island village, waiting for his associates to make themselves known. When the Remnants did so he too would stroll out amongst the sheep to feed, but in the meantime he was quite enjoying the opportunity for some independent thought and diverting pursuits.

First there was that sleeping girl somewhere amongst the huts and temples of the village, her powerful dreams alive with music and hopes for the future. It had been a simple trifle to twist her thoughts to shadows and darkness, rob her of the hope she felt and turn the dream towards the pain and death that simmered so near below the surface. Then he had pushed a little too far, the girl had woken up with a satisfying scream, and he had been forced to find other pursuits to entertain himself.

The Bandersnatch had got to within a few yards of the thick underbrush surrounding the clearing. Kuja giggled and yanked it back by the tail, dragging the beast through the ugly trail of blood it had just left. He couldn’t help but be impressed by the wretches stamina.

“I wonder, could you reach the tree line again if I took off another leg? The other at the front, so that you have to eat dirt like a worm, or maybe the back leg on the same side, so that you skitter around in a little circle spraying blood like a Catherine wheel. Decisions, decisions.”

Kuja was sure Sephiroth and the other Remnants still lived. They were like cockroaches, impervious to all but the worst injuries and always coming back when you thought you were rid of them. Their thorough soaking from a crash into the sea had no doubt done nothing but put them in a bad mood. Kuja wondered fleetingly how many limbs he could remove from Yazoo, or maybe Loz, before they gave up and died.

The mutilated Bandersnatch broke his concentration by howling at the top of its voice, for it’s pack mates no doubt. Kuja cut it off with a flick of his blade, but not until several voices from the pack answered.

“More playthings…I can see this little island is going to be fun!”

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Hehehe..."

Back again. New world, new soul, new tricks and plots to try.

Brute force had never been the preferred method of Kadaj. He'd do anything necessary, of course. But he wasn't showy like Seph, or a brute like Loz. There was a certain subtlety, a method to his madness that led him to work on twisting the hopes of the fools opposing them into betrayals and nightmares. They'd pray for victory and in the last moment realize it didn't matter either way.

Kadaj grinned. The beginning of the game was his playing field. That was what he most enjoyed. The end - just an inevitability.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd like to play, please!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

...Let's try something.

It was perfect. The world of the summoner, so forceful in its existence that even dreams could walk its surface. That was what he was doing now; walking upon its surface, feeling again, seeing and hearing and tasting in a living world for the first time in millenia. Even better, this oh-so-forceful world was ready to be ripped apart. All of its inhabitants followed their summoner; all he had to do was control her, and it was his. All their lives would end, and his would begin anew.

He couldn't do it yet, however; now there was another problem. Violent life, trying to twist this perfect world into something useless to him. Crazed and violent and torturous. They would bring much-needed pain to this world. Were it not impossible, he would be happy to let them roam, and slaughter, and strengthen him all the while.

But they wanted the summoner dead, while he wanted her enslaved. Peace would be impossible. The Remnants would die.

He would save these Spirans from the Remnants. Then he would obliterate them.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Carbuncle wasn't really sure what was going on and was even less certain why it was here since it didn't recall being summoned by anyone present. It could feel the tension mounting though and knew it would be needed by someone soon. For now it decided to take a nap. Zzzzzzzzz.

(Little do people know that Carbuncle has a self target only sleep effect! Ok actually I'm pretty sure most people know that one. )

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Signups are now closed!

Role PM's will be sent out over the course of the day, and the game will start soon after.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

All PMs have now been sent. If you didn't get one, just give me a shout or hit me with something heavy! Seriously, the PM's at the start have to be worst part of running these things.

Once the opening post is up the game willl begin!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

“Will this damn rain never end? It’s an ill omen, that’s what O’aka thinks.”

O’aka struggled along the mountain path west of Besaid, completely and utterly drenched by the rain. He had potions and other wares to trade in the many pockets and sections of his backpack, if they weren’t spoilt by the damp that was. Finally he reached the forest around the little village a few hours before dawn, dripping and shivering under the dark protection of the tree-line. It was near pitch black under the carpet of trees, but O’aka was just glad of the shelter. He knelt on the mulchy earth and began to check his pack.

“Hypello Potions, Designer Wallets, check. Looks okay.”

O’aka began to gather up the items as quickly as he good, eager to find a warm fire, or a good spot at the next day’s market at least.

“I’ll catch my death out here before long.”

Then a voice, from right behind him and cold dead breath on the back of his neck;

“Oh how right you are.”

Dawn broke over Besaid, but grudgingly. A weak glow spread across the churning sea on the horizon, failing miserably to banish the gloaming and rain of the night before. The village awakened slowly even though it was market day, clinging to sleep after such a disturbed night. News of the comet had spread fast, and already people were muttering about grim portents and doom. A few even whispered of the return of Sin, retreating to the empty rituals of Yevon in their despair. Still, it was market day, and by the time the sun had dragged itself completely above the horizon Besaid’s square was a bustling hive of activity, though the vibrant shouts and laughter that so often rang around the market were nowhere to be heard.

Baus the fisherman wrestled with his stall as he struggled to tie an awning over where he would display his catch. Usually O’aka, the merchant who usually pitched next to him would help, but this morning he was nowhere to be seen. Sometimes the podgy traveller would miss the market in Besaid, favouring Luca or Bevelle, but he usually said so beforehand.

“Need some help?”

Baus looked up and nodded, grateful. Letty, clad in his yellow-orange blitzball kit, took the weight of the stall to allow him to deal tie the awning.

“Thanks Letty. Do you know where O’aka is?”
    “Your guess is as good as mine. It was pretty bad last night, maybe he thought better of coming.”
    “I hope he’s okay.”

“He's in one piece at least. Does that count?”

There was a boneless thwack as a blood-soaked body bounced off the flagstones, rolling to a stop in the middle of the market. Someone screamed, and everyone turned to look at the four figures standing at the edge of the square. Clad in tattered grey and black, grey-white hair whipped back in the breeze, each held a cruel-looking weapon loosely in one hand. A gauntlet, a pistol, a curved blade. And, in the slender white hand of the stern ghostlike horror in the billowing black greatcoat, an impossibly long and thin katana streaked with drying blood.

Sephiroth gave a humourless laugh and raised a hand to the grey weeping sky.

“What’s wrong? No welcome for the children of the comet?”

That got the murmuring started amongst those present, just as intended no doubt.

“See, I told you that comet was an ill omen.”
    “Don’t be ridiculous, nothing could live on a comet like that. Their heads have been addled by Sin, that’s most likely.”

“Shut up.”

Loz’s monotone command carried across the square like a thunderclap, silencing the growing consternation as effectively as if he had put all his strength into a shout. Baus felt someone move past him, and suddenly Letty was out on his own in the centre of the square, standing over the body staining the cobble with gore.

“What do you want huh? This is a peaceful town, we don’t want your sort here!”
    “Try Luca. The Goers go crazy for the violent psychotic approach, you know?”

Wakka strode into the middle of the square, a spiked blitzball gripped tight enough in one hand to make his knuckles turn white. Brave words or not, the strangers on the edge of the square turned his guts to water.

“Tell them, Yazoo.”

The smallest of the strangers nodded and trained his cold dead gaze on the two figures in the middle of the square.

“We want mother! She’s dead, but we can get her back!”
    “Don’t cry Yazoo. All we need is the special soul, the one reason for this flea-ridden planet to exist.”

Sephiroth raised a hand and Kadaj quieted. The three backed away and melted into the tree-line, leaving the One-Winged Angel alone on the edge of the square.

“I don’t see the soul anywhere here. She must be hiding…clever girl.”

Baus cowered behind his stall as the monster in human skin advanced into the square, the same odd half-smile on its face. It was the smile of a shark.

“You are dead either way. Every single one of you. Your fates were sealed the second the comet appeared in the sky. Give us Yuna, give us your Summoner, and the end will be swift. Stand against us and…well, tell them O’aka.”

The corpse on the flagstones began to twitch, limp and stiffening limbs jerking in a ghastly parody of life. A gasp of horror thrummed throughout the watchers gathered in the square amongst half built market stalls and pack animals as slim green tendrils began to worm their way out from behind O’aka’s eyes, ears, and mouth. His chest exploded in a cascade of bloodstained leaves and creepers as they reached out and began to grow. The square erupted in screams and the sound of pounding feet as the people of Besaid dived for cover. Within a minute a huge creature of moss, branches and vines dominated the square, shrill screeches piercing the air from the odd spongy mass at the top of its trunk.

Of Sephiroth or Yuna there was no sign.

Summary

Banjo was killed in the traditional pre-game narrator lynch. He was O’aka the Merchant.

An Ochu has appeared in the middle of Besaid’s square!

Vote for the person you want to take on the encounter, remembering you are allowed to vote for yourself.

Day 1 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours

I've made an addition to the basic rules in the opening post, but I'll include it here too:

Roleclaiming is allowed. However, using Role PM's (fake or genuine) to do so is frowned upon.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-07-06 at 09:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

I'm a Mason!
    On second toughts, I'm a neutral.
    Although I might be a wolf.
    Honestly, I'm just a villager.
    Or maybe I'm all four
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Fleeing Coward to make life simple.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

I... buh... Wha?! Game underway?! I just got the gorram PM!!

...auto-lynch list, please.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

I'm O'aka!

Er... Dang. That little ploy got ninja'ed.
    Totally not just a villager.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random number generator says TheLaughingMan
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-07-07 at 07:11 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

16. - Top - End - #76

Fleeing Coward likes to die early.

I, on the other hand, like to see him linger for a few days. Also, Carbunkle is a waste. Therefore ... Ramsus
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Mordokai, I choose you!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Fleeing Coward likes to die early.

I, on the other hand, like to see him linger for a few days. Also, Carbunkle is a waste. Therefore ... Ramsus
    You know that is hard to argue against. Sure, Reflect has some uses, but they really are few and far between.

I say Murska for RP'ing a bad guy even before the game had started, but really for the random.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Aemoh

What!?
    Last edited by Fin; 2011-07-08 at 02:49 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

20. - Top - End - #80

Resting on the beach, ignorate of the events happening in the village, Logos enjoys a small measure of vacation before he has to go back to work. Ah, being free of working for Yevon is so good.

(Mustiado)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    You know that is hard to argue against. Sure, Reflect has some uses, but they really are few and far between.

I say Murska for RP'ing a bad guy even before the game had started, but really for the random.
    What about all the other people RPing bad guys?

Also, Fin. Ooh. Hi there! Fancy hat you have!
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-07-07 at 12:28 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Murska for being above me.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

((Hey, Carbuncle can cast more than Reflect in certain games! Shell and Protect on the entire part is pretty useful. And an entire reflected team is almost required for certain boss fights. And hey, at least I'm RPing something.))

Carbuncle awoke to a lot of noise. It saw the Ochu appear. It didn't see itself being much use against such a thing. Apparently someone else thought to same and ran off. Carbuncle decided to chase after the Fleeing Coward, hoping the Ochu wouldn't follow as well.

24. - Top - End - #84

Fleeing Coward. Just for vengeance, no real reason to suspect him.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

((I at least tried to RP a little for the AC games, so guess I'll continue. After today expect my RP to be little more than a sentence or two each day though

Also, Mordokai, I have my eye on you...

*points at Deathslayer7*
    For ze day 1 random.))

Leaning up against the Crusader's Lodge is young man, relaxing a bit after another run around the island. He had barely enough time to catch his breath when the strangers arrived and made their proclamation.

Ducking inside the Lodge, the young man grabbed his old armor and sword and prepared to face these new foes. While he hadn't worn his armor or practiced the sword since that fateful day during Operation Mi'ihen, he was determined not be useless this time.

By the time he had stepped back out of the Lodge, the strangers were gone and an Ochu had suddenly appeared. With a slight pause, he stepped forward into the village. Though he was outmatched, but he could still be helpful. He had to be.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

/roll

hmmm 1,2,3,....22

guhhh????

Otakuryoga?

well, live by the dice, die by the dice
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #87

Otakuryoga because he seems confident.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, ThePhantom believes I'm playing! Let ME IN!

I swear, if you guys finally defeat the remnants and I'm on the sidelines...

...I'll even RP a character...

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Tasroth Since my usual suspect gets a birthday gift, so random it is.

A young man sighs as he places his formerly shiny helmet onto his head. While the beach was great for the sun, the salt water did a number on his armor. But it was a gift. Besides, it kept him alive through the attacks of Sin, so maybe it was a bit lucky. Hopping up and down, he points at another, who he thinks might be able to handle the beast, he thinks. Of course his visor may need some adjusting as well.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

30. - Top - End - #90

Otakuryoga because I don't want to die day 1.
    Although since I'm not a wolf, I do want to die day 1
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-07-08 at 01:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.