New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    That would sound logical if it weren't for the fact that Yachiru has a zanpakuto of her own.

Unless it's an ordinary sword that is claimed to be one, but presumably there are ways to know if a sword is a zanpakuto or not.
    Also since we saw Kenpachi in his flashback before he became a shinigami and earned a zanpakuto, and he had already met Yachiru. He met her down in the hell-depths when he didn't have a name yet and brought her out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    so what we're left is: snowflake^4. Well, snowflakes are defined by the quincy becuase they are easiest: 2 out of roughly 6bln people. so (2/(6*10^9))^7 = 4,57247371*10^-67 (thank you google)

that means odds of 2,18700*10^66:1 or 1 in 3,64500*10^56 times our world population. This elicits a 'yeah right' response of me

Disclaimer: yeah, it's shoddy statistics, but even with lesser numbers it would still work out as being extremely improbable...
    Actually, as much as I don't want to defend Kubo, the odds are substantially better than that.

Previously, there were only (apparently) four living Quincies, all in the same family. One was a woman. These Quincies were being watched by shinigami 24/7. I don't know precisely what the odds are that one of these shinigami would fall in love with her and vice versa are, but they're much, much higher than if they had to bump into one another on the street.

Next, Hollows are attracted to powerful people. So the odds of this Quincy woman being attacked while pregnant are also very high, especially since she didn't seem to have the combat abilities to easily defend herself and the shinigami who were theoretically watching them didn't give much of a crap. This is, in fact, how Uryu's grandfather got grabbed.

Finally, if the resulting child is a bizarre Quincy/Fullbring/Shinigami combination, the chances of a mad scientist who knows most of Soul Society's dirty secrets choosing to hide in that area to watch him is also quite high. From there, everything that happens to turn Ichigo into a Vizard is pretty much inevitable.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Now we just have to wait until Ichigo goes all Hollow again and then Arrancarifies.

Then he'll have either have two swords (with Zangetsu and Hichigo having split again) or he'll be able to use Zangetsu to willingly go into Hollow Form on command.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Next, Hollows are attracted to powerful people. So the odds of this Quincy woman being attacked while pregnant are also very high, especially since she didn't seem to have the combat abilities to easily defend herself and the shinigami who were theoretically watching them didn't give much of a crap. This is, in fact, how Uryu's grandfather got grabbed.
    Just a nitpick. It was actually stated that Captain Crazy did something to distract the guards on Uru's Grandfather, so he could get his hands on him. Part of a Soul Reapers job is to keep Hollows from killing people so they would have tried to kill the Hollows on general principles.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Colossus in the Playground

That would sound logical if it weren't for the fact that Yachiru has a zanpakuto of her own.

Unless it's an ordinary sword that is claimed to be one, but presumably there are ways to know if a sword is a zanpakuto or not.
    In this theory it's just a basic sword, but her being a zanpakto screws up their scanning.

Also, maybe SHE found HIM. He sensed his power, and left to find him, because I think the swords choose their wielder, right?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also, maybe SHE found HIM. He sensed his power, and left to find him, because I think the swords choose their wielder, right?
    Not really. A zanpakto is created from the heart/soul/mind of the Soul Reaper. In a way it is a part of them.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Not really. A zanpakto is created from the heart/soul/mind of the Soul Reaper. In a way it is a part of them.
    Except in the case of Hitsugaya, supposedly. Or was that bit non-canon?

Either way, if Yachiru were his zanpakuto, he'd already know her name, right?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Banned

Either way, if Yachiru were his zanpakuto, he'd already know her name, right?
    Since when were were you under the impression that Yachiru was her real name?

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Diamond Dust Rebellion is so non-canon it hurts. Zanpakuto don't so much seek out a wielder as they do try to alert their wielder to their presence. Like when Ichigo was training with Urahara and he was in the pit about to turn into a Hollow. He had those dreams where Zangetsu was trying to communicate with him but couldn't actually reach him until the zero hour and Ichigo almost turned. Same thing with Hitsugaya. We know that before he entered the Gotei 13 that he had dreams of Hyorinmaru, probably doing the same thing as Zangetsu. The thing in DDR with the two Hyorinmarus violates the very definition of a Zanpakuto.

9. - Top - End - #279

What's Diamond Dust Rebellion?

Also, in my theory that Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakto, he may know her name, but he doesn't realize he knows. Big difference.

At the end of the day this is just me being curious as to her past, since it's been hinted at a lot and it's really interesting and I wanna hear about it but we won't because Kubo doesn't know how to write and thinks we want more Fullbring arcs.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Banned

Also, in my theory that Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakto, he may know her name, but he doesn't realize he knows. Big difference.

At the end of the day this is just me being curious as to her past, since it's been hinted at a lot and it's really interesting and I wanna hear about it but we won't because Kubo doesn't know how to write and thinks we want more Fullbring arcs.
    Since when were were you under the impression that we don't want more Fullbring arcs?
    Okay, I'll stop.
    Since when were you under the impression that I'd stop?
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-11-10 at 05:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    Oh man, I didn't even consider this. I'm calling it now, Yachiru and Kenpachi tagteam fight at the final battle.
    I'm calling an Aizen level plot twist where Yachiru and Kenpachi turn out to be the final antagonists....

Edit: Also, everyone seems to be postulating on Yachiru being Kenpachi's zanpakuto and not the other way around .
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2012-11-10 at 08:25 AM.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

It's one of the 3 or 4 Bleach movies. AS played it awhile ago.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I'm calling an Aizen level plot twist where Yachiru and Kenpachi turn out to be the final antagonists....

Edit: Also, everyone seems to be postulating on Yachiru being Kenpachi's zanpakuto and not the other way around .
    Well, we haven't seen Yachiru since Kenpachi went KO...

Also, I wasn't aware I'd seen it in a movie, had forgotten that part. Thought it had just been a part of the anime I'd seen, and since I only got into the manga halfway through I wasn't sure if that had been in the manga. Now aware again it was a movie, yeah, incredibly non-canon for Hitsugaya.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Just a nitpick. It was actually stated that Captain Crazy did something to distract the guards on Uru's Grandfather, so he could get his hands on him. Part of a Soul Reapers job is to keep Hollows from killing people so they would have tried to kill the Hollows on general principles.
    Oh, did he distract them? I remembered him just bribing them. Distracting them would reduce their corruption level somewhat significantly.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

15. - Top - End - #285

It's one of the 3 or 4 Bleach movies. AS played it awhile ago.
    Don't have Adult Swim. And yha, movie's aint be canon, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Since when were were you under the impression that we don't want more Fullbring arcs?
    Okay, I'll stop.
    Since when were you under the impression that I'd stop?
    Truth be told, if the Fullbringers were their own series, I'd actually really like it. Tsukishima is kind of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post

That's...a good theory, actually. Kenpachi being a zanpakto cooould work.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That's...a good theory, actually. Kenpachi being a zanpakto cooould work.
    That'd actually make sense...in a weird sort of way. He's able to defeat other people's bankai because he's a living bankai.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
    That'd actually make sense...in a weird sort of way. He's able to defeat other people's bankai because he's a living bankai.
    Technically all bankai are living, but yes.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Truth be told, if the Fullbringers were their own series, I'd actually really like it. Tsukishima is kind of awesome.
    As usual with Kubo there are some really good ideas in that arc, it was just executed horribly. The basic premise of Fullbring could be used for a cool story.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    As usual with Kubo there are some really good ideas in that arc, it was just executed horribly. The basic premise of Fullbring could be used for a cool story.
    I specially like the "different kinds of powers" thing. It's one of the things I like the most about One Piece, there are several types of "powers" they are all different and they interact well.
    I liked how Bleach did that, but it eventually grew into "various ways to do the same thing". The difference between fullbringers, shinigami, vaizards, quincy and what have you is simply nominal now. Even blut vene, which was supposed to be a badass quincy thing, is just like hierro. And everyone has their own shunpo (even though they say "mine is faster than yours!" all the time).
    The one thing I wished every "category" had (their own bakai - "special technique, not exactly a power up, just an ultimate technique"-thing)... they don't.

I really wish Kubo pulls one of this unexpected epic fight scenes or something soon, because this is getting pretty dull. Apparently there are lots of people actually enjoying this saga because it's "grimdark", though. Met plenty of them in a fanfiction mailing list I subscribe to.

20. - Top - End - #290

This, right here, is at the end of the day, the reason why I hate Kubo as much as I do. He has so much potential and it's all wasted.

I specially like the "different kinds of powers" thing. It's one of the things I like the most about One Piece, there are several types of "powers" they are all different and they interact well.
    I liked how Bleach did that, but it eventually grew into "various ways to do the same thing". The difference between fullbringers, shinigami, vaizards, quincy and what have you is simply nominal now. Even blut vene, which was supposed to be a badass quincy thing, is just like hierro. And everyone has their own shunpo (even though they say "mine is faster than yours!" all the time).
    The one thing I wished every "category" had (their own bakai - "special technique, not exactly a power up, just an ultimate technique"-thing)... they don't.

I really wish Kubo pulls one of this unexpected epic fight scenes or something soon, because this is getting pretty dull. Apparently there are lots of people actually enjoying this saga because it's "grimdark", though. Met plenty of them in a fanfiction mailing list I subscribe to.
    ....how would anyone consider this grimdark? We've had some nameless grunt deaths, and yha sure my favorite character (Kira) may be dead, but truth be told this is pretty light on the grimdark scale. Byakuya's not dead despite literally having a classic deathspeech.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Banned

....how would anyone consider this grimdark? We've had some nameless grunt deaths, and yha sure my favorite character (Kira) may be dead, but truth be told this is pretty light on the grimdark scale. Byakuya's not dead despite literally having a classic deathspeech.
    I was as surprised as you. "People are finally dying, they said!" "This is Bleach!!", I answered.
    My favorite character is Hisagi, so you can imagine how I feel. I'm actually glad he did not show up, because since he gets his ass kicked so routinely his dead would be certain.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
    Well, that's assuming he's a Bankai and not a Shikai. And my tinfoil hat theory would probably necessitate them being strong enough that they'd need a level of power far above what we've seen so far.

Also, Captain Mom's sword becomes a living being, so it wouldn't be completely without precedent. Same for the creepy baby/caterpillar I suppose.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

I was as surprised as you. "People are finally dying, they said!" "This is Bleach!!", I answered.
    My favorite character is Hisagi, so you can imagine how I feel. I'm actually glad he did not show up, because since he gets his ass kicked so routinely his dead would be certain.
    Yeah, I'm not convinced Old Man Genocide is dead. They never found the body . Besides that, I thought grimdark was a mocking term, for something that had the trappings of dark and mature but no real substance, or else something that was deliberately over the top.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah, I'm not convinced Old Man Genocide is dead. They never found the body . Besides that, I thought grimdark was a mocking term, for something that had the trappings of dark and mature but no real substance, or else something that was deliberately over the top.
    So in other words this arc really is grimdark.

25. - Top - End - #295

To be fair they never found a body because Juha desintigrated it after confirming he was dead.

But then again they also confirmed Byakuya was dead, and he even got to say his last words and clearly die. And he still lived. So I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like that.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

im still waiting for someone to go "you know, you have access to 4 different movement abilities, what happens if you stack them?" to ichigo
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-11-11 at 11:56 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    im still waiting for someone to go "you know, you have access to 4 different movement abilities, what happens if you stack them?" to ichigo
    Add them to his Bankai's speed enhancements.

Go over light speed.

Travel through time.

Ichigo becomes a living TARDIS and/or the God-Emperor of Mankind.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground

Go over light speed.

Travel through time.

Why do I get the feeling that if this was true, more people would read Bleach?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Go over light speed.

Travel through time.

.... Goddamit If could I would be definitely writing a fanfic with that premise (minus the God Emperor of Mankind, I don't know much about WH40K.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, new chapter's out.