New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 88 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3863787980818283848586878889909192939495969798113 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2611
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

The $80 pledge says "no other additions or substitutions, please." Does that mean I can't get the art print + patch for $99? Sorry if I missed the answer to this.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

2. - Top - End - #2612
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    The $80 pledge says "no other additions or substitutions, please." Does that mean I can't get the art print + patch for $99? Sorry if I missed the answer to this.
    The chart says you can...although, admittedly, that chart also says you *can't* get the art print, which is clearly wrong! In any case, the patch is a very small, thin, soft item, I find it hard to believe they can't fit it into the same packaging as the game and the art print.

[EDIT] Actually, just read the text of the $15 pledge, and that says the following (emphasis mine), which confirms you can add the patch to your pledge:

One "I'm Participating" commemorative patch, plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet. Add more patches to this package (or any higher level package) for $4 each, maximum total 9.
    Last edited by factotum; 2012-02-17 at 04:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #2613
    Dwarf in the Playground

The pledge amount is soaring since the update announcement.
    Last edited by k_bukie; 2012-02-17 at 04:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #2614
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The chart says you can...although, admittedly, that chart also says you *can't* get the art print, which is clearly wrong! In any case, the patch is a very small, thin, soft item, I find it hard to believe they can't fit it into the same packaging as the game and the art print.

[EDIT] Actually, just read the text of the $15 pledge, and that says the following (emphasis mine), which confirms you can add the patch to your pledge:

One "I'm Participating" commemorative patch, plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet. Add more patches to this package (or any higher level package) for $4 each, maximum total 9.
    Ah, I didn't read the $15 pledge. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #2615
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, yes you can add the patch.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

6. - Top - End - #2616
    Ettin in the Playground

But the chart is wrong about $80 pledge and the art print (and spells Greenhilt wrong!) hence why I wasn't sure about trusting it.

7. - Top - End - #2617
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think Rich should set a new goal for $1,000,000 right now. Personally, I'm sitting at a $79 pledge right now, but I think there's a real chance that OOTS can break the one million mark and if Rich shoots for that, I will gladly up my pledge by a lot. :D
    Rules that supersede Rule 0:

Rule -1: You're all there to have fun. The GM and the players should never do anything that would limit people's fun, for any in-game or real-life reason.

Rule -0.5 (corollary): That means that if someone's fun is getting in the way of other people's fun, that person needs to change how they're playing.

8. - Top - End - #2618
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want a patch but have to wait until Sunday to ask my partner if I can add another four dollars out of the joint account... It's only about £3... but I already persuaded him to up the pledge for the art print...

9. - Top - End - #2619
    Ogre in the Playground

$75k to 4th place!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

10. - Top - End - #2620
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

So with all the talk of achievements, and me having a boring afternoon, I went ahead and put this list together.

Achievements Unlocked:
    Big Spenders: Fund the three $1,250 stories.

Priceless Work Of Crayon: Fund the $5,000 cameo.

Stickstarter: Fund a limited reprint of War And XPs.

Win The War: Reprint War And XPs in full.

Part 2: The Beginning: Reprint On The Origin Of PCs.

Feelin' Blue: Reprint No Cure For The Paladin Blues.

Pretty Good Advice: Reprint Don't Split The Party.

Bookshelf Of Holding: Get all seven books in print at once.

One In The Bank: Pre-emptively fund a new run for a book that's still in print.

Stay Away From Haley: Sock away enough money to fund runs for two books that are still in print.

Double Order: Force Rich to expand the print runs through pre-orders alone.

Too Much Is Never Enough: Expand the print run twice.

Scoundrél Sequel: Bribe Rich into producing a new Julio Scoundrél comic.

I Guess We'll Need Torches Or Something: Bribe Rich into producing a parody of a certain poorly-lit (and yet somehow extremely warm) campaign setting.

Back To The Beginning: Bribe Rich into producing a new prequel story.

Tall Graph, Tall Tale: Bribe Rich into producing a new StickTale.

No More Books? No Problem: Bribe Rich into producing new and different swag.

Order Up A Scribble: Bribe Rich into producing the OOTS coloring book.

Messy Pile Of Fiery Wax: Bribe Rich into producing daily comics. Author survival is not required to earn credit for this achievement.

Make The Sticky Schticks Stick: Bribe Rich into releasing the adventure game expansion.

Twig Figures: Bribe Rich into producing stick figure miniatures.

Show Your Pride: Bribe Rich into producing the OOTS Kickstarter patch.

Take That, Eagle Awards!: Become the top-funded comics project.

Quadruple-Digit Fans: Reach 1,000 donors.

We Live In The Valley To The South: Reach 5,000 donors.

We've All Heard The Joke: Reach 9,001 donors.

Make History: Reach the top ten all-time Kickstarters by funding.

One For The Record Books: Reach the top five all-time Kickstarters by funding.

Still to be earned:

This Achievement Property Of Agatha Christie: Unlock 10 mystery prizes.

Half-Dragon Dire Printing Press: Expand the print run three times.

Now It's Just Getting Ridiculous: Raise more money than any pre-2012 Kickstarter.

Seven (Stick) Figures: Bring the total raised to $1,000,000.

Out Of Stick Stock: Sell out all the limited rewards.

????: Some things are known only to the mind of the Giant....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

11. - Top - End - #2621

But the chart is wrong about $80 pledge and the art print (and spells Greenhilt wrong!) hence why I wasn't sure about trusting it.
    Yeah, I noticed that about the art print too since my pledge is for Swag Pack #1, which offers it for another $15 as well.

About the only thing I'll switch it for is a signed art print if one opens up.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #2622
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Snip
    Very nice, but don't forget these others we've unlocked:

You're gonna need a bigger boat Graph : Break the chart by one increment before Rich can update it.

and

You're still gonna need a bigger boat Graph: Break the chart by five increments before Rich can update it.

13. - Top - End - #2623

Personally I think you could make a number(even an unreasonable one) for a MITD reveal...

Make it a PDF file that you only get if you pledge even.

I think MITD reveal would make the number blast upwards like a rocket.

14. - Top - End - #2624
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel View Post
    Personally I think you could make a number(even an unreasonable one) for a MITD reveal...

Make it a PDF file that you only get if you pledge even.

I think MITD reveal would make the number blast upwards like a rocket.
    But then there'd be no surprise and wonder when the actual plot does a big reveal...

15. - Top - End - #2625
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    You're still gonna need a bigger boat Graph: Break the chart by five increments before Rich can update it.
    Thought of one better:

Didn't you get the memo? It was taped to an exploding castle Graph

16. - Top - End - #2626
    Dwarf in the Playground

I had sworn I wouldn't pledge anymore considering how ridiculously high my pledge was already, but that patch... it's just so awesome. Had to get one.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

17. - Top - End - #2627

About $72000 to the #2 spot (#3 after Double Fine finishes). Unless the pace slows down significantly, it's hard to imagine not making that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

18. - Top - End - #2628
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems there's been a bit of a surge. $20,000 in just the 5 hours since the new update. That must be 5,000 backers upping their pledge by $4 each!

I gave in and upped it as well. I currently have a $268 pledge, made up of $222+$37+$5+$4 for the full story, shipping to Europe, an extra colouring book and a patch, respectively.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

19. - Top - End - #2629

I've managed to keep on top of all of the diffferent packages and whatnot up until this point, but the most recent infogram has confused me Can anyone help me out?

I'm currently pledging $367. That's the WHOLE STORY AND A GAME combo at $295+international shipping. And the description for that reward specifies that it _includes_ the Sticks Shticks content, whereas the latest reward chart (http://www.giantitp.com/Images/gitpk...wardChart2.png) seems to indicate I need to add $6 to get them. Now, I'm obviously happy to do just that, but I don't want to miss out on something just due to a derp.

So yeah, do I need to increase my pledge by $6 or not?
    "Hex grids are the way forward! And slighty to the side..." - Studoku

20. - Top - End - #2630
    Ogre in the Playground

How are so many people in this very forum unaware of the Kickstarter campaign? I keep running into comments lamenting the prices of shipping from Ookadook or lamenting that certain books are out of stock. There's about a dozen threads about Kickstarter right here throughout the forum! Plus several announcements! And its been going on for nearly a month!
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #2631
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IdleMuse View Post
    I'm currently pledging $367. That's the WHOLE STORY AND A GAME combo at $295+international shipping. And the description for that reward specifies that it _includes_ the Sticks Shticks content, whereas the latest reward chart (http://www.giantitp.com/Images/gitpk...wardChart2.png) seems to indicate I need to add $6 to get them. Now, I'm obviously happy to do just that, but I don't want to miss out on something just due to a derp.

So yeah, do I need to increase my pledge by $6 or not?
    You're getting it. The text for "WHOLE STORY AND A GAME" is unambiguous, stating that you get "the OOTS Adventure Game Deluxe Edition (which includes original game and The Shortening expansion), the Sticky Shticks mini-expansion," etc.

The reward chart uses broad categories for "Book Pledges" that can't possibly take into account every single variation in a mere 4 columns. The chart appears to be minimally inclusive, in order to inform folks of the minimum amount of bonus materials they can expect with their book order. The $16, $36, and $80 are "Book-less Pledges", so they're called out in two other columns as specifically including Sticky Shticks. There are only two "Book Pledge" levels that include it by default: Your $295 level and the $114 level.

22. - Top - End - #2632
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    How are so many people in this very forum unaware of the Kickstarter campaign? I keep running into comments lamenting the prices of shipping from Ookadook or lamenting that certain books are out of stock. There's about a dozen threads about Kickstarter right here throughout the forum! Plus several announcements! And its been going on for nearly a month!
    Wow, hopefully those people were PM'd and given directions to the drive then. I would love to see the look on their faces...

23. - Top - End - #2633

You are also starting to get people putting in their last minute pledges so as not to miss the pdfs because once the event is over it is over and people do not want to botch it.

I predict a huge jump right near the end from lurkers.

24. - Top - End - #2634
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel View Post
    You are also starting to get people putting in their last minute pledges so as not to miss the pdfs because once the event is over it is over and people do not want to botch it.

I predict a huge jump right near the end from lurkers.
    I've seen that happen with a lot of other projects on Kickstarter, particularly popular ones. Then again most of those projects had slowed significantly before the final jump in pledges. Not sure if we'll see a big surge or not.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

25. - Top - End - #2635
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    I've seen that happen with a lot of other projects on Kickstarter, particularly popular ones. Then again most of those projects had slowed significantly before the final jump in pledges. Not sure if we'll see a big surge or not.
    Just as long as we keep up our momentum, we might well make it to third place! Well, second place technically, until Schafer's project funds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #2636
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    I continually say that we need to buy the banner for the day. Then they'll have no excuse.

27. - Top - End - #2637
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    I continually say that we need to buy the banner for the day. Then they'll have no excuse.
    That would require people reading advertising, an iffy situation at best.

28. - Top - End - #2638

Flumph

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Forealms View Post
    Eh, we might hit $900,000. I don't think $1,000,000 is feasible, though I would be delighted if it happened.
    O ye of little faith. Right now we're about $22k from that $900k mark. We should hit it sometime tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. I'd be very much surprised if we don't break the $million mark.

I'll note that Rich also seems to be assuming we'll get to just over $900k (see update #21). He needs to have a bit more faith too.

All the big rewards are taken, Rich probably won't offer any new rewards, so few people have a reason to increase their pledge (apart from the possible patch).
    Rich has promised more rewards over the weekend.
    Last edited by dtilque; 2012-02-17 at 11:27 PM.
    Curated Thread: Gazetteer of the Stick

29. - Top - End - #2639

BardGuy

I don't know if we're going to make $1M or not (I'm only in for $25 - I have all the books, and the only thing that made sense to buy was the art print), but I did want to pay my compliments to Kaulguard's eloquent and heartfelt testimonial. Amen!

30. - Top - End - #2640
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaulguard View Post
    I don't mean 'birth of my children' magical, but just about up there with when a ninth grade classmate walked me over to a shelf in the library and showed me all the books by Robert Heinlein when I asked him about the book he was reading.
    I'm going to take a quick detour to remind everyone (except OP) HOW AWESOME HEINLEIN IS.
    Last edited by Flame of Anor; 2012-02-17 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.