New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Dena's Room]

"How about a couple grand a piece?" Nadia says coldly. "Or maybe you should just give us what you got for them. Up to you."

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

"Okay, here you go." Dena replies before taking up her wallet, handing over roughly the same amount of money she paid for the two rings. "So are we done now or are you going to demand even more things from me?"

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia doesn't even bother responding to Dena. She just turns to Irena and says. "Come on, let's get out of here."

4. - Top - End - #754

[Dena's Room]

"Let's." Irena replies, giving Dena a last stare before she follows Nadia out of the room.

As they are gone the rogue breathes out and sits down at the bed. That had gone better then expected at the very least. She had still earned something from the rings thanks to a lucky guess at their standard value (not counting the risk factor she had factored in when she sold them) and her standard pay had been considerable even if she failed to grab that chick.
    She had learned her lesson though, never again another kidnapping, waaay too risky. It would be something to tell her friends though, attacked by two lesbians... no, no, two lesbian midgets. Heh...

Heading towards the exit the witch gives her girlfriend a concerned look, "You okay?"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room => Leaving]

"Not really. Let's just go home for now. We can figure out how to track this guy down tomorrow. I don't feel like worrying about it tonight." Or at least until she sobers up.

6. - Top - End - #756

[Dena's Room => Leaving]

"Should have turned her into a rat or something..." Irena replies, glancing back at the drows room. She had an idea what that guy wanted to use the rings for but she didn't want to worry Nadia further. Better to just get home and sleep. If the party was still going she would personally chase out every guest to give Nadia some peace.

If they aren't stopped by anyone they will leave NO and drive back to Riverside.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

{Somewhere in NO...}

Wherever Slii the Rat-Trainer is, a letter *POPS* into existence in front of him, and begins to fall to the floor.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #758
    Barbarian in the Playground

Slii's Tunnels

Far enough away from NO proper to be out of the dimension locked field, Slii's personal tunnels are home to a sudden invasion! When the specially bred attack-rats are thoroughly convinced that the letter is not proper food, and not worth shredding to make beds out of, one of the spymaster leaders hauls it up its master's leg into his waiting hand.

Slii chatters to himself in the vermintongue, wondering aloud what idle spirit or malicious daemon sends him a message this way as his eyes pour over the parchment.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

The note, written on high quality vellum, reads:

Spoiler
    Show
    For your help in our friend Irene's quest, you are cordially invited as an honored guest to the Queendom of Nierian for a celebratory dinner.

The celebration will be in two days. At that time, if you would like to join us, just concentrate on the letter and think: I accept.

If you'd rather not, please accept this letter to show our gratitude.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Queen Lexington III of Neirian
    ((Two days = Game Time, not Real Time. I'll PM you when the celebration starts, if you'd like. ))

10. - Top - End - #760

Slii's Tunnels

Slii carefully considers the offer. It smelled of a trap to him, as he does not recall aiding anyone in recent memory, besides his glorious master Dipsnig of course, but even a trap can be turned on its head and made into profit with cunning and guile.

The magic in the skinpaper intrigues him as well, and so he thinks his acceptance, to see what will happen. The contracts have been slow lately, and so if he can cultivate new ties to this people, perhaps Master Dipsnig will reward him accordingly.

Perhaps if he uncovers their treachery, his rewards will be even greater.

"Chktchkt!"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

{Slii's Tunnels}

There's no response for a moment. Does that... mean you accept?

Of so, um, please don't bring any of your.... uh... friends? We'll provide a nice cleaning and clothes for you to wear.
    the reply says, trying her best to sound friendly.

12. - Top - End - #762

Slii's Tunnels

The voice in his head is nearly dismissed as a fantasy, but it is not the usual whispering, taunting, teasing voice that promises him things.

So he responds, rather than ignoring it, "Slii will bring no live verminkind. Queenvoice has his promise. Slii's things are Slii's though, and he will take them, if he goes." He'd rather not be without his cloak and the contents of its many pockets, or the gruesome rope he has beneath his jacket, at any times. His paranoia runs deep.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

If anyone is in the main area, a scratching should be heard at the front door.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Slii's Tunnels

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    The voice in his head is nearly dismissed as a fantasy, but it is not the usual whispering, taunting, teasing voice that promises him things.

So he responds, rather than ignoring it, "Slii will bring no live verminkind. Queenvoice has his promise. Slii's things are Slii's though, and he will take them, if he goes." He'd rather not be without his cloak and the contents of its many pockets, or the gruesome rope he has beneath his jacket, at any times. His paranoia runs deep.
    Thank you. she replys to his concession of no verminkind. I'll see you here then.... in a couple of days. he may hear, as the vooicxe fades away. Maybe he'll let us wash them.... or a glamor spell.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-12 at 05:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    If anyone is in the main area, a scratching should be heard at the front door.
    [Front Door]

After a moment, the door swings open. Whoever's on the other ide will be greeted by the sight of an elegant looking, middle aged woman with hair and dress in the medieval style. Milling about her are a number of wasps.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Front Door]

After a moment, the door swings open. Whoever's on the other ide will be greeted by the sight of an elegant looking, middle aged woman with hair and dress in the medieval style. Milling about her are a number of wasps.
    [Front Door]

On the other side will be a large, slightly translucent, multi-tailed black cat, who promptly glides inside through the open door. "Here again. I suppose there have been changes... My apologies lady; my name is Xun. I'm a former employee of this place, and was hoping I could obtain some assistance."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

"A former employee? And your name would be?" The woman prompts. "And what would you need assistance with?"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    "Here again. I suppose there have been changes... My apologies lady; my name is Xun. I'm a former employee of this place, and was hoping I could obtain some assistance."
    [Front Door]

"A former employee? And your name would be?" The woman prompts. "And what would you need assistance with?"
    (don't know if you caught the name)

"Well...I'm missing my body, and I'm not sure what happened to it."

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

((*tilts head* Whoops. Disregard her asking. <.<
    also, please use location tags.))

"I see." Well, that makes a little more sense. "You may call me Esther. Could you explain your position further?"

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

[[Front Door]]
    "Last I clearly recall, we were out riverside by the warehouses. I think something shot me. It's...kind of blurry after that, but I remember cages and a dark area. And then I found myself like this."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Would you expect that there is anyone still here that knew you while you were employed here?" Esther asks.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

[Front Door/Entryway]

Xun edges a little farther into the room, leaving Esther enough space to close the door. "Does Reinholdt still work here? I saw him at Trog's not long ago."

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entryway]

"No Reinholdt has worked her for the months I have." The door swings closed, seemingly of its own accord as Esther continues. "Our leader is Dipsnig Razortooth, if that helps you."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

[Entryway]

"Ah same as previously. I believe I worked most closely with Raz. Is he still around?"

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entryway]

"Raz has been absent for many months I'm afraid to say." At least Eshter knew him, though.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site]

"Hm, so it's the flute that really does it huh?" The goblin asks with a glance at the flute. "Could anyone use it? Or does it have to be you?" She asks while they are walking through the corridor to the cockpit. By now Jakus should be able to see them coming towards him.
    By this point Jakus has taken to picking at his teeth with the shortsword sized dagger he wears on his belt, clearing the last bits of a meal he had before coming out her. It happens to have been pork.

"Who's this?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site]

"This is the ship's owner, who's name is..." Kirk looks down at the goblin, expecting her to fill that in. Odd how he never thought to ask earlier.

His player shall feel really silly if she did introduce herself properly and he forgot/couldn't find the name.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

[Entryway]

"Raz has been absent for many months I'm afraid to say." At least Eshter knew him, though.
    Entryway

"Pity. At least Dipsnig should be able to confirm my prior employment. Like I said, I was hoping for assistance in locating my body, or at least figuring out what happened to it."

Spoiler
    Show

It's final paper week so I might be just a tad slow in responses. Shouldn't last more than a few days.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2012-08-15 at 12:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entryway]

((That's fine.))

Esther nods. "Shall we speak with Dipsnig now then?" Best get that out of the way.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

[Entryway]

"Probably for the best." Xun paws at her collar a bit, and a ball of yarn goes bouncing across the floor.