New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

So my Commendation pack decided to smile upon me and grant me an N7 Valkyrie. It's at level 1, so with that in mind which chars does it play the best with, at least in terms of testing purposes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    So my Commendation pack decided to smile upon me and grant me an N7 Valkyrie. It's at level 1, so with that in mind which chars does it play the best with, at least in terms of testing purposes?
    Turian soldier. Until you level it a little, that's about it.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

My Commendation Pack gave me the N7 Valiant. Not bad, I guess.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Valkyrie for me as well. I don't know what to think about it; generally I dislike burst-fire weapons.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Spamalot in the Playground

Crusader II. It's going to take forever to finish my Eagle at this rate
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    It also makes the stun more likely to occur - this is most easily observed on charging Dragoons,
    Actually, from what I saw today, Neural Shock doesn't work on Dragoons, period. I tried it numerous time, sometimes got the regular shock effect, but never Neural Shock. Which, being as that was pretty much the whole reason I tried it, means I'll be respeccing back from that once I get more respec cards.

In any event, I find the other evolution (cooldown?) in that slot isn't very useful anyway with my cooldowns already at 200%
    I'll take a slightly faster cooldown over something that I'm finding is useless at best and a slight hindrance at worst, myself.

Further testing of the Paladin today yields no new results - I still haven't been able to get Snap Freeze to detonate a fire burst, neither on protected nor unprotected targets. I did have something very weird happen though - for some reason, the game gave me the achievement for getting points from Cryo Blast when I was playing the Paladin and using Snap Freeze .

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Turian soldier. Until you level it a little, that's about it.
    Thanks. On that note, assuming Bronze difficulty, lv. 20, is there a good "tester" char for general weapons testing purposes?
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks. On that note, assuming Bronze difficulty, lv. 20, is there a good "tester" char for general weapons testing purposes?
    To see a weapon's max potential? Turian soldier or Destroyer. If they can't make it work, no one can.

But really, you should weapons test on Silver at least, to get a better idea of how the weapon does against armoured targets.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    In all honesty, it's not very fast, about 20 to 23 minutes depending on the classes and skill of the other players, but it's pretty damn safe, arguably moreso than White/G/G was, because at least other players don't hug the counters when objectives come up.

And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'm cut out for Platinum yet.
    *shrug* try it? Do the same thing. Get your friend, set it to the same enemy and level, and platinum. See if it works out. I find platinum more fun, unless I get a jerk team that does cheats.

I don't think they do, at least not in all respects. I know this because during the Fire challenge, my incendiary ammo didn't give me a single point towards the reward.
    The tag on ammo powers count as the ammo though, that makes sense. I also found that damage over time Didnt work. Everything but cryo and incendiary set off the ice bursts.

I don't know. It's a lot of anecdotal evidence an I've been unable to get the time to test anything. Especially since it requires promoting my engineer as doing both evolutions.

I definitely like Platinum's payout, but I'm just leery about playing in games where people are rampantly exploiting. Gold is more fun for me since nobody is really "farming" - they're just playing the game normally, just with way more skill and rockets than the Silver peeps. The one trick I'm okay with is the Rio crate, since we generally have to leave it for missions, but anything involving infinite rockets or glitching the monster pathfinding isn't kosher for me.
    I generally don't get that. If I do, 60% of the time I'll report them and leave. 40% of the time illreport them and then compete to see how well I do when every target has a five second window.

Honestly, though, I almost never do platinum with ransoms anymore. I got one guy screaming through the mic to sit down and shut up and do what he said because he makes the money, etc. I told him to hold on to his panties and put him through his paces, publicly, had the rest of the team laugh him out the lobby and group-report him for cheating and harassment, and haven't bothered since.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    But as I said, Neural Shock doesn't seem to stun for meaningfully longer than Overload already does anyway, and dropping them prone actually makes it harder to follow up than normal. Overload followed by spraying enemies with bullets is something I do on my Human Engineer and Turian Sentinel - especially the latter, since he can't self-combo - but that evolution seems if anything a little detrimental to that.
    Turian sentinel can self-combo. Overload -> warp.
    Neural shock has a much higher chance of shocking enemies. With chain overload, the primary target has a much higher chance of stun, as the aeondary and tertiary targets much less. Neural shock has ye same decent shot of crippling all three targets.

As for the Drone, honestly I'd just like an evolution that makes it fire more often. That seems to be its biggest problem: it only actually does anything occasionally, whether I give it rockets or shock. Compared to the Quarian and Geth turrets, it just feels like it isn't helping at all most of the time.
    I disagree, but it's temperamental. A drone with area shock and rockets fires more often than a drone with just one or the other. Detonate also helps. What you end up with is a drone who can operate in a broader range of situations, allowin it to fire more often. It becomes a flanking buddy, a bunker buster, a sniper, and support fire instead of just Wong really good at one of those functions.

It also makes the stun more likely to occur - this is most easily observed on charging Dragoons, or "stompers" that are already standing over a fallen ally. It also takes them longer to get up from prone than it does to recover from a stagger.

In any event, I find the other evolution (cooldown?) in that slot isn't very useful anyway with my cooldowns already at 200%
    A ten percent faster cooldown let's you carry a ten percent heavier pistol.

Two characters for best feel. One with no weapon boosts at all - human class you never use, with powers and fitness and no passive. This is the base weapon damage and speed. A second class would be another, possibly soldier, only you want all the weapon boosts the class could reasonably be used with. A class you already use would be best. This is what you can expect in standard use.

Silver is best since everything dies on bronze so damn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Valkyrie for me as well. I don't know what to think about it; generally I dislike burst-fire weapons.
    Consider it a single shot weapon that suffers double from armor? It's accurate.

See above for my suggestion. I think it's always best to try it on snaked class first, because nothing sucks worse that a gun being awesome on your infiltrator and sucking with every other class you put it on because of skewed expectations.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Turian sentinel can self-combo. Overload -> warp.
    In theory, yes. In practice, I find it's unreliable at best - it seems like the priming effect from Overload does not last long at all, making it hard for me to get the electric burst even with 200% and the cooldown reduction on Tech Armor. Kinda like trying to get a biotic combo off Stasis without the duration increase.

Neural shock has a much higher chance of shocking enemies. With chain overload, the primary target has a much higher chance of stun, as the aeondary and tertiary targets much less. Neural shock has ye same decent shot of crippling all three targets.
    Odd, I've never had a problem shocking the second and third targets without it. And the Turian Sentinel is probably the class I've used most often on gold, too, so that's not just a silver thing.

I disagree, but it's temperamental. A drone with area shock and rockets fires more often than a drone with just one or the other. Detonate also helps. What you end up with is a drone who can operate in a broader range of situations, allowin it to fire more often. It becomes a flanking buddy, a bunker buster, a sniper, and support fire instead of just Wong really good at one of those functions.
    Detonate/Shock/Rocket was what I was using before this respec, basically under that very logic. I honestly don't think it ever used Shock when I did that though - when I watched what it was doing I very often saw it backing away from enemies to get to minimum rocket range. Which is in large part why I tried this respec, since that kind of behavior would render both shock and detonate effectively useless. In that respect, I suppose this version is working better, but it still doesn't seem particularly good . Maybe I should try it with both damage & shields upgrades and rocket next time...

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Two characters for best feel. One with no weapon boosts at all - human class you never use, with powers and fitness and no passive. This is the base weapon damage and speed. A second class would be another, possibly soldier, only you want all the weapon boosts the class could reasonably be used with. A class you already use would be best. This is what you can expect in standard use.

Silver is best since everything dies on bronze so damn fast.
    Gotcha. I do have a BF3 soldier and a couple respec cards - I can use him for the purposes of science. As for the normal-use guy... maybe my Destroyer? I usually have the Combatives upgrade on him, (I think - it's the Assault rifle + pistol damage gear), and I've got a few AR rail amps that need usin'.

See above for my suggestion. I think it's always best to try it on snaked class first, because nothing sucks worse that a gun being awesome on your infiltrator and sucking with every other class you put it on because of skewed expectations.
    Should there be a backup weapon, say one of the common weapons? Or just the new one?

EDIT: Thanks for your suggestions. I now have two guinea pigs for new weapons, Jonny Test the BF3 soldier and Johannes Examen the Turian Soldier.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-11-17 at 11:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

It seems that PSP's and commendation packs have been particularly kind to me. So far this weekend alone I've unlocked:

Black Widow I
    Hurricane II
    Cerberus Harrier I
    Collector Sniper Rifle I
    AT-12 Raider I
    M-55 Argus I
    Typhoon II
    Phoenix Adept V

Considering that prior to this, my Spectre Packs unlocked Eagle 4-7, Graal Spike Thrower 7-8 and Geth Plasma Shotgun 7-9, this is one heck of a haul. Thank you, to whoever it was that worked out how much better PSPs are to ordinary SP's, for it seems that not only are they better value but they deliberately give you a bigger variety of equipment, too!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone know if the bug that causes the geth turret to show as [sentry turret] in the killfeed when using the flamethrower also causes it to count as sentry turret for challenges?
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2012-11-18 at 12:03 AM.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Detonate/Shock/Rocket was what I was using before this respec, basically under that very logic. I honestly don't think it ever used Shock when I did that though - when I watched what it was doing I very often saw it backing away from enemies to get to minimum rocket range. Which is in large part why I tried this respec, since that kind of behavior would render both shock and detonate effectively useless. In that respect, I suppose this version is working better, but it still doesn't seem particularly good . Maybe I should try it with both damage & shields upgrades and rocket next time...

Zevox
    Just a few months ago they fixed that a bit. Back when it was first an issue, yes they were useless. I've found that the drone will both pulse and shock, myself. I only rarely get rockets, unless I purposefully plant it somewhere snipe-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Does anyone know if the bug that causes the geth turret to show as [sentry turret] in the killfeed when using the flamethrower also causes it to count as sentry turret for challenges?
    Not a bug. Flamethrower earns points for sentry turret, energy bolts earn points for geth turret. Tey did that on purpose for some reason. If you want geth turret points, give it boosts, use hunter mode and put it in a sniping location.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I just tried out my Turian Soldier on a Gold match against Cerberus. I took a slightly different approach to it than I have in the past, and I must admit that I did quite well. That's what keeps me coming back to the old classes, really. Trying different and unexpectedly effective strategies. I think I'll dust off the old human vanguard next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I played the Paladin on gold a couple of times today. Wasn't quite able to confirm that the efficacy of those combos I mentioned earlier is the same as on silver, but I came close: Snap Freeze -> Energy Drain with just a couple of Phalanx shots in between outright kills a Marauder on gold. Probably without the Phalanx shots too, but I took them without thinking, and didn't really get any other good chances to do that.

Anyway though, I didn't get much good from the packs I got today, but the one thing I did is great: N7 Shadow unlocked! Specced her 6/6/6/0/6, deciding to take full advantage of those powers benefiting from melee damage boosts.

I really like her, but I think I need to refine my build with her a bit. One thing being that I took damage instead of duration at rank 4 of Cloak, which seems to have been a mistake. Doing Cloak -> Shadow Strike, the Cloak wears off almost immediately after the Shadow Strike, rendering it useless as a defense, and negating the point of the Bonus Power evolution at rank 6. So I'll need to change that. I think I might also want to change Shadow Strike a bit - I took full damage, but it might be worth it to pick up one of the defensive upgrades. Probably the rank 4 one, since the rank 6 one is dependent on my target having shields. I think I can spare the firepower, since she's hitting like such an absolute truck as-is.

Tried two different weapon loadouts on her - the Disciple 7 with melee damage and piercing mods first, then the Phalanx with melee damage and piercing plus the Tempest with ULM and damage. I'd say I prefer the latter. The Disciple just doesn't impress me at all - I'm certain I was getting more use out of the Phalanx alone, and had better cooldown out of that loadout to boot.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-18 at 01:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Colossus in the Playground

Well I finished my first weekend challenge, and got the Eagle I, still going with my basic pistol because I have it on rank 9 or something, but still if it weren't for the fact it was heavier I might have used it.

Turns out I like engineer's even though I had issues getting tech combos to work, but I still prefer Adepts.

Unlocked two classes the Drell adept, and the Geth engineer. Any tips on what I should do with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Banned

[QUOTE=Zevox;14242421]
    Anyway though, I didn't get much good from the packs I got today, but the one thing I did is great: N7 Shadow unlocked! Specced her 6/6/6/0/6, deciding to take full advantage of those powers benefiting from melee damage boosts.

Only shadow strike benefits from melee boosts. Electric slash and shadow strike both benefit from N7 training though. Your choice boils down to boosting both powers or really, really boosting Shadow strike. Although that 5/5/5/5/6 thing might work out.

I really like her, but I think I need to refine my build with her a bit. One thing being that I took damage instead of duration at rank 4 of Cloak, which seems to have been a mistake. Doing Cloak -> Shadow Strike, the Cloak wears off almost immediately after the Shadow Strike, rendering it useless as a defense, and negating the point of the Bonus Power evolution at rank 6. So I'll need to change that. I think I might also want to change Shadow Strike a bit - I took full damage, but it might be worth it to pick up one of the defensive upgrades. Probably the rank 4 one, since the rank 6 one is dependent on my target having shields. I think I can spare the firepower, since she's hitting like such an absolute truck as-is.
    I found that shadow strike maxed out at around 1500, despite having the numbers to hit 2200 damage. So dropping damage isn't so bad. Personally, I love the shadow strike heal because it turns you into a vanguard if you've got the right target. Keeps you alive sometimes.

Tried two different weapon loadouts on her - the Disciple 7 with melee damage and piercing mods first, then the Phalanx with melee damage and piercing plus the Tempest with ULM and damage. I'd say I prefer the latter. The Disciple just doesn't impress me at all - I'm certain I was getting more use out of the Phalanx alone, and had better cooldown out of that loadout to boot.

Zevox
    The disciple's benefit is that you can get all four shots out by the time you're maybe dripping your second Eviscerator shot. It's also light enough to bring the omniblade along, netting you an additional damage boost got a total of +50% melee damage. Brutal on the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well I finished my first weekend challenge, and got the Eagle I, still going with my basic pistol because I have it on rank 9 or something, but still if it weren't for the fact it was heavier I might have used it.

Turns out I like engineer's even though I had issues getting tech combos to work, but I still prefer Adepts.

Unlocked two classes the Drell adept, and the Geth engineer. Any tips on what I should do with them?
    drell, I don't know.
    Geth engineer, you can use hunter mode, overload and geth turret for high damage and free healing. I'd suggest turret at 6, for the healing every three seconds.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Unlocked Mathemagician and dared the IV consumables to get Sabre IV, the last Volus Engineer unlock, all the Geth Trooper unlocks, 2 Vorcha Hunters, and maxed Assault Loadout. Pretty good haul.

The disciple's benefit is that you can get all four shots out by the time you're maybe dripping your second Eviscerator shot. It's also light enough to bring the omniblade along, netting you an additional damage boost got a total of +50% melee damage. Brutal on the shadow.
    Heavy mods are bugged on non-DLC weapons, they don't increase the weight unless you're also using ultra-light materials.
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2012-11-18 at 03:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Drell Adepts are the squishiest of the squishy; I think asari Adepts are more durable and get that flash-step thing too, whereas drell just get the ninja-flips. With that said, Give him a 6/6/5/3/6 or 6/6/3/5/6 build, speccing for durability where you can (EDIT for clarity: that middle power is the grenades, which you can take or leave, despite their utility for staggering a whole room of baddies, IMO). Reave can set up or set off biotic explosions (but not both) and gives you a lovely extra layer of ablative armor, while Pull can easily get any non-protected enemy out of your hair every time the cooldown finishes, while also setting up biotic explosions. Protip: Pull also yanks a Guardian's shield out of his hands, which staggers them and leaves them exposed to your teammates. However, they are one of the fastest chars, both in move speed and in dodging, presumably to make up for their aforementioned squishiness.

Geth Engineer has Hunter Mode. I remember singing this power's praises from the rooftops (not literally of course) when it first came out, but it's very situational, especially on the Engineer who doesn't have any way to shoot powers (or weapons) through walls. I mention this because the primary function of Hunter Mode is in fact to see your enemies through walls or smoke, plus a secondary bonus to damage and movement speed. The Catch: it halves your shields, from 750 points with nothing in Fitness to 375 with Hunter Mode on, also with no points in Fitness. The fact that this total raises to 863 shields (with Hunter Mode on) does little to mitigate the fact that any Gethgineer build concentrating on Hunter Mode will, by necessity, be a fragile speedster. However, choosing to focus on the power-damage and recharge bonuses Hunter mode can provide makes Overload a devastating weapon in your hands, with 800+ damage possible with both it and Hunter Mode maxed. The Turret is basically as useful and versatile as the turian Soldier's Prox. Mine, meaning it can be used to get some early damage on a known spawning zone, to distract a boss monster or group of smaller enemies, to cover your back on an activation run or a hack objective, etc., etc. Also, there's a bit of a bug where the Flamethrower evolution causes the game to label the flamethrower damage as "Sentry Turret" (i.e. the quarian version of the same power) rather than "Geth Turret", meaning any assists or kills you get with it are tallied under "Sentry Turret Damage" rather than "Geth Turret damage". Useful if you want to work on both challenges at once, but rather annoying if you already have sentry turret damage unlocked. Build tips: 4/6/6/5/5, with Overload choosing between chain or max damage (Have never really needed Neural Shock, so feel free to skip that particular evolution), Hunter Mode getting the Speed & Vision upgrade at 6, and everything else up to you.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-11-18 at 03:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

I normally completely ignore pull on the Drell, or at most go 3 in it and don't go with rank 6 of passive weapon damage.

I go with radius, DR and damage & duration for reave, force/damage, max grenades & shrapnel for cluster grenades. Carry a decent assault rifle and run around reave then grenading everything. I burn through supply packs but I have a lot.

Yes you are squishy but hopefully things die before you do.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

I revisited my Human infiltrator after a few months and re-spect him in everything but cryo... Its so much fun running around the battlefield with a black widow even though I rarely high score.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Banned

Cryoblast. Quarian engineer, was able to routinely get cryobursts from cryoblast -> incinerate on unprotected enemies. No cryobursts from armor (making Dragoons a surprising pain!) and it became touchy if I hit the target with incinerate first. Assault troopers would survive the cryo->incinerate combo with two bars of Health. In all but three cases, they also exploded (discounting several instances where the trooper had such low health as to be unsuitable for priming). This is all without cryo explosion, the evolution. I promoted and will check again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Heavy mods are bugged on non-DLC weapons, they don't increase the weight unless you're also using ultra-light materials.
    It's always something with these, isn't it? Do you have a source, s'il vous plaît?
    I'll freely admit that if the omniblade doesn't actually cost anything, you're better off with a scimitar even, given its rate of fire. Man, if claymore + omniblade weighs as much as a claymore...

I expect it's like the old ULM, where it shows a change in the percentage on the weapon screen but not on the actual power recharge time?

Landis, are you sure about hunter mode? I think it's minus 50% shields, not actually cutting them in half. This means that with fitness at max, you can have hunter mode on and maintain over a thousand shield strength. It seems to hold up on my trooper, as well.

The drell take 50% less damage from all sources while dodging. This means a drell with Reave active who dodges away from a grenade only takes a tenth of the damage.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

I have to say, the Volus Engineer is much easier to use than the Volus Adept. Biotic Orbs are finicky, but the Volus Engineer just has to drop his Recon Mines in the right spots.
    Mind you, it's funny how I unlocked both of the Ultra-Rare classes but can't seen to find any Soldiers.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what's worse? Unlocking three volus engineers while half the classes are still locked.

My current goal is to make him look like Santa as punishment.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-18 at 09:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You know what's worse? Unlocking three volus engineers while half the classes are still locked.

Play this while you're fighting,

http://youtu.be/zZ4nndbOT6k
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

I have both the Volus Adept and Engineer and Adept maxed out but have yet to receive anything other than a Havok unlock from the rest of the new classes.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's pretty clear the Volus aren't actually Ultra-Rare.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I think it's pretty clear the Volus aren't actually Ultra-Rare.
    Well, they are UR, but they don't have the same drop rate as UR guns.

Speaking of, just popped on ME3 to do the weekend challenge and nabbed myself a nice new Hurricane V.

Also managed to top the leaderboard as a Volus Engineer in the process. Pretty sure I have the hang of his timings down now.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

It's always something with these, isn't it? Do you have a source, s'il vous plaît?
    I'll freely admit that if the omniblade doesn't actually cost anything, you're better off with a scimitar even, given its rate of fire. Man, if claymore + omniblade weighs as much as a claymore...

I expect it's like the old ULM, where it shows a change in the percentage on the weapon screen but not on the actual power recharge time?
    Here is the original thread on BSN where I heard this. I also tested it myself with an omniblade and heavy barrel on a shadow and the cooldowns were as if I were using normal mods.
    Yes, they will show as normal on the weapons and power screens, but I've heard that if you play through a few rounds without changing loadout or leaving the lobby the cooldown listing in the power screen will show the actual time.

Spoiler
    Show