New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,494 of 1494

Thread: Anti-Heroes

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Anti-Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by postulio View Post
    ...i cant relate, befriend or even care about any of them.
    This is probably the only one of your opinions I agree with. I think that's actually part of the humor.

I don't know if Zarah did this intentionally, but I don't like them either. I don't feel smpithy when they are in pain or sorrow when they die. Heck, I laugh! Bwa Ha ha! (I don't know if I speak for everybody here, but I'm guessing I am).

About your other points however, I believe them to be totaly bollacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

u no Q i must say u dont speak 4 me i can compleatly relate with laura and the feel of being diffrent from everyone else being isolated from a world youve known your whole life but i also sympathize with aldran the constant fear that yet another of your plans will fail and no one will ever respect u and one of your murderous friends might turn up in the middle of the night and stab u 2 death with a fork andhaveing an overbearing shrew always on your ass about somthing

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    About your other points however, I believe them to be totaly bollacks.
    Yeah, I just started reading this comic and I love it. Just read all the way through and the style is great, good tone and characters.

I don't know why every setting has to have air-ships, but oh well.

Shame that some people put more effort into boo'ing than clapping

EDIT: /lends some punctuation to draconicgodking
    Last edited by Gygaxphobia; 2008-03-21 at 08:09 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Black Shield Transforms! - from Beyond Myria campaign
    Wolvun avatar by kind courtesy of Kain_Tempest.

Spoiler
    Show

Requiescat in pace: the "Sweet Hat Bro" bird.
    Can nothing survive the jaws of THE BEAST? Even the innocent cute and fluffy?

Quote Originally Posted by sikyon View Post
    Sometimes people forget all the benefits we reap from the sacrifices of our soldiers.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by draconicgodking View Post
    u no Q i must say u dont speak 4 me i can compleatly relate with laura and the feel of being diffrent from everyone else being isolated from a world youve known your whole life but i also sympathize with aldran the constant fear that yet another of your plans will fail and no one will ever respect u and one of your murderous friends might turn up in the middle of the night and stab u 2 death with a fork andhaveing an overbearing shrew always on your ass about somthing
    Try capitalising and writing the words
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

5. - Top - End - #1475

Yeah, but, other than (the lack of) capitalizing I agree.
    Except Frank I do care a little bit for all of them.

hmm..... is Keriss LE? Mercenary for hire, constant base of operations, stick to the deal (mostly, well, you do not go against your love if you accepted the deal without knowing it).

alignment discussion anyone?
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

We are at page 50. Zarah, create the new thread !
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

i read the forums a lot.

i didnt mean to insult per se... just im strict and tough with my opinions.

as for lack of capitalization, its just the way i write on the internets ;) its quick, easy and gets my point across a lot faster. otherwise i believe my grammar/spelling and such arent bad. apostrophes also slow me down haha.

anyway, sorry Zarah, i dont really have anything to say to help you. to me, this feel like a cheaper, more boring version of OotS, and that is probably the *only* reason for my backlash. had this been an original piece (saying that had OotS not existed) i would probably had loved it and watched it evolve. unfortunately it seems like a knockoff/rehash instead -- i cannot escape the comparisons in my mind.

as for the jokes, i get them all, i just dont find them all too funny, they are silly and predictable and seem to waste way too much time. but seriously the major flaw i believe to be that the characters and their story just arent captivating. i can even overlook the story (like at the beginning of OotS) if the characters were genuinely intriguing. also their stupidity gets to me...

fortunately, everything evolves -- usually for the better. your experience will accumulate and you will learn to write better. i can definitely see your next project (or maybe even this one in some time) being a lot better and much more captivating.

please dont let the comments of one (or even many) demotivate you from going forth. ive been reading webcomics since the mid 90s and have seen many great ones vanish (and many terrible ones stay) all because their author was either motivated and dedicated or -- not.

*possible suggestion -- many writers, when they know their story either starts off slow or gets slow at times, rely on comedy relief using one of their characters. this is usually channeled through a trait given to that character that is funny, and is used at times when not much else is going on (or add a little chuckle to an otherwise unfunny story-driven strip). these elements are never hidden, the reader grows to love them and wait for their next appearance. OotS uses belkar a lot (along with some other elements), Erfworld uses constant flow of 'puns'. if youve ever read "looking for group" then you could easily tell the homicidal warlock is that writer's outlet. all three comics are roller coasters of action, humor and plot -- yours seems to mush everything together (and when none are very refined, the comic overall suffers).

now the plot, rarely do any successful webcomics start out plot and story heavy (unless they are *expertly* written or have a daily strip for at least a few weeks ahead already written, ensuring no breakage of continuity). most start out very small with tiny jokes and adventures until the reader grows to love the style, characters and humor, then the writer takes his established and loved setting/characters on epic quests (see OotS, A modest destiny, Looking for Group, The Noob...). of course this can backfire, like Crtl-alt-del and PvP. you took a bunch of unappealing characters, poorly written jokes (my opinion) and without a real get-to-know-phase thrown them all into a rather mediocre plot.

you seem to have assumed the art style alone would carry everything through (and you were correct to an extent). everything will have a following (good or bad) but the scale and ranking of it will vary. so while many people here may say they love it, i think its your piggybacking on OotS that that is driving it -- and to be fair, it was the sole reason why i checked it out to begin with.

good luck.
    Last edited by postulio; 2008-03-21 at 09:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is the quick-n-dirty from Thanatos.

RE: Postiulio
    Your post WAS insulting, whther intentional or non, but hey, guess what? We in the Playground can forgive and forget.
    You, as a (supposdly) sentient and intelligent Human Being, (As opposed to a really, really complicated Artifical Intelligence program), are perfectly entitled to your opinion, and I won't knock it, even though I disagree.
    I'm aware of the whole-no-need-to-capitalise clause on the Internet. I'm also aware of the fact the most Forums (and this IS a "most forums") don't adhere to this claused.
    Giantitp is not an Instant Messanger service. We like caps, and spelling, and puncutation. Please use them.
    We are also aware of human falliability, and are perfectly willing to overlook typographical and grammatical errors.

RE: Recent Comics
    Keep up the good work, Zarah, oh Goaty Goat of Goatitude.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

9. - Top - End - #1479

My post regarding capitalizing was directed at draconicgodking (I agree on the content) and bayar (I agree on big letters).

Other people should not feel targeted. Also, certain points of view have been heard and accepted, no need to warm that up.

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gah! Alignment discussion!
    *runs into air raid shelter*
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #1481

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Gah! Alignment discussion!
    *runs into air raid shelter*
    *tackles down before can dive through blast door*

Har, Har! "Lawful evil!" what say you?

*attempts to pin* (try to escape this one!)

12. - Top - End - #1482

I can fight fire with fire.
    Thog is True Neutral! Haley is Evil! Miko is Chaotic! Belkar is Lawful Good!
    *blasts Krelon off of him with force of his words*
    *makes it into air-raid shelter*
    Hah!
    *slams door*
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Let's review what we know then:

The bedroom of Keriss and Lana is on the left-hand side of the ship (Port, Starboard, I don't know). We know this from the East-West axis and their knowing the North-South variation.
    The ship is travelling South.
    The sunbeam is projecting through the porthole to the front of the ship, given the left-hand position, so they've past the equater.

So, we have some rudimentary positioning capability, but the most important thing to note is this:

If they were going North in reverse, the beam would travel to the back of the ship.

Why is that important? Because it means the further South they go, the more that sunbeam is going to shift towards Lana.
    She could run through the sunbeam, it would hurt her but vampires can (apparently) survive for several seconds in the sun.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

A vampire in sunlight is utterly destroyed the next round unless they escape.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Halfling in the Playground

But considering the size of said sunbeam, escaping in one round seems like it would be very easy, even if slowed. Technically speaking it wouldn't actually cause any damage whatsoever. (Though it would hurt like hell, I assume.) Or she could learn spider climb/bat form and go over. I get the feeling they're just being taken to a place they really won't want to be. And one round is several seconds. (six, to be precise)

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground

You know what I've realized? Of course not! How would you know that!

Anyway, I've realized that nobody has made Zarah guest comics!

Well, I finally have! The first Anti-heroes guest comic!

This is more of a cross-over comic since I've added my characters to it too. I always like to do this, and so far have done it for Nameless and Randimizer, and am about to do it for Omicroncubed and lyinginbedmon

I don't know if you've read or even heard of my comic, but you might wanna consider it before you read this guest comic.

Here it is. Sorry it's a little blurry. I can't seem to change it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

Not bad, Q. It made me laugh. But you need Q to be wearing that ridiculous judge outfit he had on in his first appearance.

18. - Top - End - #1488

Default Re: The Q's Anti-Heroes Guest Comic

Dun-dun-duh!
    To be continued...
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

A member of the audiance appears to have no clothes. Top row, second right.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

20. - Top - End - #1490

The new thread has been posted. Remember to update the banners if you have them in your signature, so you link them there instead of here. Also, I added a fanart section of the main post, and put your comic in there, Q.

As for this weekend, I'm heading home again for Easter. But fear not, this time, I have updates drawn in advance so you'll still be getting your fill.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

21. - Top - End - #1491

Damn, so close to post #1500!

This one of the fastest growing threads me thinks.

22. - Top - End - #1492

Quote Originally Posted by Krelon View Post
    Damn, so close to post #1500!

This one of the fastest growing threads me thinks.
    nope, failing saves got from like 5 pages to a thread in a couple days (something like that...) not trying to argue which is better, just trying to prove someone wrong

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Orc in the Playground

this is very good; thanks!
    Maybe a little heavy on the plot, and light on the humour though, but that's certainly understandable. I'll check this one regularly

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494

pssst.... wrong thread.