Thread: Omg it is back

1. - Top - End - #1

Default Omg it is back

*hugs you all so deeply*

I missed you folk so much

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Omg it is back

I think this should go in general discussion or friendly banter or something like that.
    καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν. John 1:05

Thanks to Cuthalion for the awesome avatar!

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Spoiler
    Show
    A camp of cyclops on a partially-dead magically-blighted plain.

ThiagoMartel:
    Anime is a media, not a genre. Banning something for being 'too anime' is like banning something for being 'too book'.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Back? It never left.
    Looks like SOMEONE needs to upgrade to a Premium account.

Sarcasm, there is no premium account
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Redwolf View Post
    I think this should go in general discussion or friendly banter or something like that.
    General Discussion? Friendly Banter? You mean there is a world outside of D&D 3e/3.5e/d20?!? I am not sure I am okay with that idea.
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by BowStreetRunner View Post
    General Discussion? Friendly Banter? You mean there is a world outside of D&D 3e/3.5e/d20?!? I am not sure I am okay with that idea.
    Yeeaaahh... Roll against SAN loss.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Back? It never left.
    Looks like SOMEONE needs to upgrade to a Premium account.

Sarcasm, there is no premium account
    Surely you mean there is no premium account, go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BowStreetRunner View Post
    Yeah, It's called Real Life™. It's a pretty good RPG, but there aren't that many good NPCs in it

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by karkus View Post
    Yeah, It's called Real Life™. It's a pretty good RPG, but there aren't that many good NPCs in it
    Yeah, the DM could really up the acting on some of the NPCs. Also, he gets really annoyed when you try to attack any of them. You usually get surrounded by town guards within a few minutes of attacking them and carted off to a prison.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Surely you mean there is no premium account, go back to your fun.
    It's hard to make text both NINJA and FRIEND-COMPUTER...
    Oh, wait, there IS a pink!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    Yeah, the DM could really up the acting on some of the NPCs. Also, he gets really annoyed when you try to attack any of them. You usually get surrounded by town guards within a few minutes of attacking them and carted off to a prison.
    And the play control is a little wonky at times, the graphics suck, and I can't seem to get my HUD to display properly.
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2012-10-06 at 12:47 PM.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

And the play control is a little wonky at times, the graphics suck, and I can't seem to get my HUD to display properly.
    The worst part is no respawns or saves, I haven't been able to do anything stupid on my file because I can't restart if I do.

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Spoiler
    Show

ThiagoMartel:
    Anime is a media, not a genre. Banning something for being 'too anime' is like banning something for being 'too book'.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It's hard to make text both NINJA and FRIEND-COMPUTER...
    Oh, wait, there IS a pink!

Tell me about it. I hate single camera perspective! Sometimes I just want an overhead camera so I can see my character while I play!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by The Redwolf View Post
    The worst part is no respawns or saves, I haven't been able to do anything stupid at all on my file because I can't restart if I do.
    Not to mention half the minigames, NPC dialogues, and AI pathfinding are completely f***ing broken. Even on the "Easy" mode (called 1st World, or White American or something like that), it's horrifyingly difficult, and NPCs constantly guilt you for not picking the hardest difficulty ("3rd World Insanity", I think). The only redeeming feature is the Music minigame, which is actually fun and rewarding.

In "socializing", you pretty much have to suck up to every NPC you meet every five seconds, or else they flip out and start whining about how you're ignoring them. And heaven forbid if you look at a woman's shirt long enough to read what's written on it... And even worse if you don't stare at their eyes every second of the day. It's like the game punishes you for admiring the graphics and "perfect model" technology they've been hyping up.

Without a health bar, you pretty much have to keep track of every "pain event" or die of some stupid **** like cholera or AIDS. "Oh, you didn't check that steak for mold 3 weeks ago? The water was kind of brown? Your sexual partner didn't get tested? JUST DIE. No continues".

Whenever I try to start up the "Dating" minigame, the target of the date almost never responds, even when I select the option several times in rapid succession. Even when it does start up correctly, 80% of the time they don't make the date, and the other 20% they show up like 30min late because the AI can't cross a damn street without spazzing out and getting itself lost. Then they just spam the "you're boring" message until they go home, even if you follow the ridiculously expensive suggestions (make jokes, pay for everything, buy gifts, all that resource-consuming nonsense).

THIS GAME SUCKS
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2012-10-06 at 01:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    In "socializing", you pretty much have to suck up to every NPC you meet every five seconds, or else they flip out and start whining about how you're ignoring them. And heaven forbid if you look at a woman's shirt long enough to read what's written on it... And even worse if you don't stare at their eyes every second of the day. It's like the game punishes you for admiring the graphics and "perfect model" technology they've been hyping up.

Whenever I try to start up the "Dating" minigame, the target of the date almost never responds, even when I select the option several times in rapid succession. Even when it does start up correctly, 80% of the time they don't make the date, and the other 20% they show up like 30min late because the AI can't cross a damn street without spazzing out and getting itself lost. Then they just spam the "you're boring" message until they go home, even if you follow the ridiculously expensive suggestions (make jokes, pay for everything, buy gifts, all that resource-consuming nonsense).

THIS GAME SUCKS
    You experience with this game seems to be eerily similar to mine...

Spoiler
    Show

ThiagoMartel:

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Tell me about it. I hate single camera perspective! Sometimes I just want an overhead camera so I can see my character while I play!
    Then the devs couldn't sell you the Mirror item through microtransactions.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Whenever I try to start up the "Dating" minigame
    Ah, poor guy. Unlock the "Marriage" mode and you can play multiplayer.

Did anyone figure out how to set ability scores before they started? Because I seriously underoptimized Wisdom and now my Spot is abysmal.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Then the devs couldn't sell you the Mirror item through microtransactions.
    The only thing more overpriced than mirrors are the cursed healing costs. There is no mechanical reason I should have to take weeks healing from minor wounds; it detracts from the exploration of the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Novawurmson View Post
    Did anyone figure out how to set ability scores before they started? Because I seriously underoptimized Wisdom and now my Spot is abysmal.
    The writers can't make up their minds about the lore. Half the NPCs spout some technobabble about "genetics" making it a function of your parents scores (kind of like the skin-tone/racial mechanics), and the other half says an admin personally decides your stats. I think there was an update a few hundred in-game years ago where they added randomized ability scores, but they didn't update NPC interactions to match it (they still have temples built to beg admins for better weather/climate-events and score-generation).

There's a pretty common glitch where, even if you roll good Wisdom, your Spot goes down (something about the eyes not spawning in the right shape). Glasses are a common workaround, and they're coming out with an eye-surgery patch. Like all the others, it's not available on the hardest difficulties, and costs tons of in-game money. Brilliant game design right there; make your players waste in-game money to patch your glitches.
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2012-10-06 at 02:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There's a pretty common glitch where, even if you roll good Wisdom, your Spot goes down (something about the eyes not spawning in the right shape). Glasses are a common workaround, and they're coming out with an eye-surgery patch. Like all the others, it's not available on the hardest difficulties, and costs tons of in-game money. Brilliant game design right there; make your players waste in-game money to patch your glitches.
    And some of the flaws aren't worth taking. I know that half the ones that give you intelligence for mental illnesses haven't gotten me anywhere.
    Last edited by Marthinwurer; 2012-10-06 at 02:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

I think what this game needs are some cheats. Has anybody found any hacks that actually work?
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, all the one's I've found all get you arrested.

On the dating thing, you just aren't applying circmstance bonuses. Try loading the dating minigame with the following options:

Accent: English
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    On the dating thing, you just aren't applying circmstance bonuses. Try loading the dating minigame with the following options:

Accent: English
    I've been doing this whole playthrough in America and English . My toon got a New York accent (not Brooklyn, just standard NY), if that's important? Race is White American (Mixed Euro/Russia heritage), sex is Male, normal bodyweight, no physical flaws, decent attractiveness. I've even been leveling a perform skill (Cello), and grinding at a gym, but it's just not coming together.

I think it's those -CHA/+INT flaws... They're good, but if you go overboard, they absolutely slaughter your Social.
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2012-10-06 at 03:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Dont forget how long the tutorial takes! 18 years, minimum. More jf you want the cool professions. And they make you pay for anything after the first 18 too! And when your finally done, your not even gaurenteed a profession! And when you finaly get one, you have to give up part of your in-game cash to pay for other player's tutorial! Its ludicrous.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

It's a shame they never finished to core rules either. The MM only has the Animal and Vermin sections. Where are the rest ?
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

The designers are clearly sadistic jerks. The nature of the game doesn't say much for the DM either.

For example, almost all of the skills are dependent on multiple abilities! Any social interaction seems to take a combination of all my mental abilities to get a positive response, and the perform skills practically require all of my ability scores to be well-optimized!
    A few odds and ends.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    It's a shame they never finished to core rules either. The MM only has the Animal and Vermin sections. Where are the rest ?
    The modders are working on it.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but only abberations. It'll be years until monstrous humanoids come out.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

This thread is making me sad...
    Spoiler: My Glowing Reviews
    Show

Laura is a really good GM. She doesn't take ****.
    Good campaign. I do remain my favorite GM, of course, but second-best is pretty good!
    Just write Game of Thrones already.
    I hate that Laura's built out this world enough that we can walk into a church full of nudists and my first thought is, "Oh, it's these guys..."
    This is probably the most enjoyable campaign I've ever played in. It's really stressful, but enjoyable!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

I hear that some constructs are in the works, although the development is pretty slow.

Also, I think we're in a no-magic setting. I have yet to see any magical effects, besides maybe some of my papers not being F's.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Okay.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex