New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pre-Game RP (Three Goddess)

And lets get this party started.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pre-Game RP (Three Goddess)

A reposting of everything that has happened so far in the second RP...

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo
    Meanwhile...
    Coquika closes the book gingerly and sets it to one side. With a somewhat avian tilt of the head, she considers the sheaf of notes she had taken, and begins sorting through them. While they were taken with all due diligence, they were haphazard and unorganized; a string of mementos interrupted by revisions, scrawls, and the occasional doodle recorded in the flowing, angled script of the Celestial tongue.
    Rising from her seat in the tall, hushed stacks, she stuffs the notes into a satchel at her side and steps to the exit, the floorboards creaking beneath her weight.
    Coquika walks to the dormitory for advanced studies, which was in fact a series of blank stone walls. It was assumed that anyone qualifying for advanced studies could simply conjure lodgings of their own, and the wall simply served to allow people to find you, if you wished. A wave of the hand and a brief chat, and the shimmering portal opened once more. She stepped across the threshold and arrived...
    Home.
    Coquika lets a rare smile cross her face as she looks across the pavilion. Fountains bubbled in the darkened lawn, surrounded by a black, starry sky. Against the night sky rose the silent bulk of the temple. It had taken her years to get this spell right,
    conjuring through art and revision a replica of her beloved temple. She fancied it was an inspiration from the Goddess herself that made it possible in the end.
    Home at last, she casually dispels the small magical disguise. It wasn't anything that would really fool any practitioner of The Art; it was more about expressing a preference. Please pretend, it said, Please don't stare.
    Under the blued light of the night sky, her green, lustrous skin was dyed to a shimmering black as she crossed the lawn, picking up speed now as she flew into a run, dancing beneath the eternal night sky with incredible speed, heedless of the satchel bouncing at her hip as she raced.
    Today, as every day, it was good to be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo
    Spoiler
    Show

I should have made it more clear, but the darkened pavilion and the temple are part of a Mage's Magnificent Mansion spell that Coquika spent a long time modifying. The night sky inside is permanent and has nothing to do with the actual time of day, since it's a pocket dimension.
    We could probably say that Coquika has a standing rule for the portal to open for any dedicated follower of Tishtina, and the entrance to the portal is one of many in the dormitory for advanced studies.

In a spray of sand, Coquika comes to a halt in the airy open space of the temple, and bows deeply to the silvery statue of Tishtina, murmuring a prayer. Settling down in the sand, Coquika rummages through her satchel and pulls out her notes, heedless of the pages strewn across the grassy lawn from her sprint. Chin in hand, she settles down to read and to memorize.
    In truth, there was very little here that could help her; if anyone had had long knowledge of the prophecy of three, they hadn't seen fit to write it down. Instead, what there was was reading up on Tishtina's former rivals and future selves. Based on what she had read about the other two goddesses though she felt... well, she felt that -mighty as they were- they weren't really worthy to be subsumed into Tishtina's being.
    Some time after you sit down, you look up and happen upon a curious scene. A small globe of light floats above a bench of metal and wood. Upon this bench, two young women are fast asleep, each leaning on the other. The taller one (relatively taller, as they are both quite short) has short blond hair and light clothing. You know this to be Seraciel, a specialized abjurer with significant martial skill. The shorter one by a few inches is dressed in a blue and white dress, her long steel-blue hair flowing over her back. This one you know to be Furude Setsuna, a beguiler and shadowcrafter.

The glowing orb seems to pulse, and Setsuna blinks awake. The short blue-haired girl blinks a few times before yawning and stretching, waking the sleeping Seraciel beside her.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel opens her eyes, and lifts her head from Furude's shoulder. She rubs the sleeps out off her eyes, and looks around. A copy of The Princess Bride is in her other hand.

"When did we fall asleep?"
    She proceeds to straighten her clothing, which is arranged in a ruffled and immodest fashion.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-15 at 06:14 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Swiveling abruptly in the sand, Coquika rises onto one knee, startled to find someone already in her conjured pavilion. Seeing the duo seated on one of the benches, she rises slowly.
    Straightening up, the feeble starlight and now the soft glow of the glowing orb illuminates her average, if rather stocky frame. The light on her high cheekbones casts her narrow, catlike eyes into shadow.
    There is an awkward silence as Coquika thinks about her visitors, standing still as a statue with the glowing light playing over her emerald-green body, nude except for a few magical accessories.
    Finally, she speaks in the Celestial tongue,
    "Sisters, you are welcome. I did not expect visitors, and I hope you've been comfortable. Any follower of the Goddess is welcome here."
    She gestures to expanse of the sparse stone building, but she can't keep a quizzical tilt of the head from showing as she examines her guests.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Coquika
    Swiveling abruptly in the sand, Coquika rises onto one knee, startled to find someone already in her conjured pavilion. Seeing the duo seated on one of the benches, she rises slowly.
    Straightening up, the feeble starlight and now the soft glow of the glowing orb illuminates her average, if rather stocky frame. The light on her high cheekbones casts her narrow, catlike eyes into shadow.
    There is an awkward silence as Coquika thinks about her visitors, standing still as a statue with the glowing light playing over her emerald-green body, nude except for a few magical accessories.
    Finally, she speaks in the Celestial tongue,
    "Sisters, you are welcome. I did not expect visitors, and I hope you've been comfortable. Any follower of the Goddess is welcome here."
    She gestures to expanse of the sparse stone building, but she can't keep a quizzical tilt of the head from showing as she examines her guests.
    Seraciel looks surprised as well. She leans over to Furude and whispers "Don't tell her about your religion," hoping Coquika is polite enough not to listen in on the words between close friends.

"Hello Coquika! How do you fare on this fine day? Thoroughly stiff and totally unheaving as ever, I imagine?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-15 at 06:54 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Inwardly, she shakes her head. She supposed that these girls must be Favored for some reason. How else could you account for their mastery of the Art in so few years? It was hard not to think of them as children.
    Aloud, she speaks, enunciating the Common tongue quite carefully and slowly.
    "I... don't quite understand what you meant, but I am well."
    Her sculpted brow lowers a little, and she folds her arms across her chest. Comments like that were most of the reason she resorted to illusions while she was out and about.
    "And yourself? I think you are more beautiful than the last time we spoke." It was an empty platitude; a courtesy from one follower of Tishtina to another.

7. - Top - End - #7

Nodding absentmindedly, Setsuna stands up and stretches. She giggles a little at Sera's joke, and gives the emerald figure in front of them a slight bow. "Hello Coquika-san! I do hope you are well this... morning? ...is it even morning anymore?"

She thinks about it for a moment, then shrugs, muttering, "Eh, I don't suppose it really matters yet..."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Coquika
    Inwardly, she shakes her head. She supposed that these girls must be Favored for some reason. How else could you account for their mastery of the Art in so few years? It was hard not to think of them as children.
    Aloud, she speaks, enunciating the Common tongue quite carefully and slowly.
    "I... don't quite understand what you meant, but I am well."
    Her sculpted brow lowers a little, and she folds her arms across her chest. Comments like that were most of the reason she resorted to illusions while she was out and about.
    "And yourself? I think you are more beautiful than the last time we spoke." It was an empty platitude; a courtesy from one follower of Tishtina to another.

Seraciel

"Well, it's just that my concept of beauty requires a lot more motion-" She stops herself. Judging by Coquika's crossed arms, she knew what she was talking about. She resorts to empty compliments as well. She speaks in Celestial, in order to be more polite and to keep her fellow worshiper from stumbling over Common.

"You are looking as lustrous and glorious as well. Your statuesque beauty brightens this day for me."
    Seraciel gives up. The puns are too easy, and she had not the willpower to avoid them. She would apologize, but she did not want Coquika to think she was doing it on purpose.

She blushes at the compliment regardless, and goes back to fixing her clothes.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-15 at 07:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Selena enter the room after a long and blissful nap. It's only after rubbing her eyes that she can gaze upon the scene. A naked emerald skin woman and two other girls shoulder by shoulder. A man would believe he just arrived into a lezzie party.
    After the stressful process of binding a demon and the unstressful process of receiving a spectacular massage from such demon, Selena feels like a young girl ready for action.

"The temple of glendira. The only temple where you can find more naked women than the average brothel. And what wonderful bodies! These ladies would look wonderful in the Golden Rose."
    Selena thinks with herself.

"Well, good morning to everyone. Or good evening, can't really say."
    Than she focus on Furude.
    "Miss Setsuda! How is the jewel of Keldith faring today?"
    Looking at the other ladies she says:
    "This little caster will be a high priestess of Sabrina when she comes closer to my age, mark my words.

The arcane arts flows heavily in this room. So many powerful casters is a sight for sore eyes."

OOC: Debbie, will you make the roleplay of Ly'Kalia or that's up to me?
    Last edited by Dudu; 2012-10-15 at 08:20 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Dudu View Post
    Selena enter the room after a long and blissful nap. It's only after rubbing her eyes that she can gaze upon the scene. A naked emerald skin woman and two other girls shoulder by shoulder. A man would believe he just arrived into a lezzie party.
    After the stressful process of binding a demon and the unstressful process of receiving a spectacular massage from such demon, Selena feels like a young girl ready for action.

"The temple of glendira. The only temple where you can find more naked women than the average brothel. And what wonderful bodies! These ladies would look wonderful in the Golden Rose."

"This little caster will be a high priestess of Sabrina when she comes closer to my age, mark my words.

The arcane arts flows heavily in this room. So many powerful casters is a sight for sore eyes."

Furude Setsuna

"Ah, hello Selena-san!" Turning to the newcomer, Setsuna blushes at the compliment and smiles back. "I'm doing quite wonderfully today. I trust you are well too?"

She chuckles at Selena's comment. "Yeah, there's a lot of magic here. It's all very bright and shiny, very much white and yellow, too..."

With a half-turn to Sera, she smiles radiantly. "Ah! Sera-senpai~! Good morning to you~! My shoulder may not have been the best of pillows, but I hope you slept well nonetheless."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-15 at 08:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika simply stares at the newcomer, then raises one shoulder in a shrug. One got used to certain kinds of thinking, and it still was hard to be comfortable around followers of the other two Goddesses. It was also cold comfort when her closest sister in Tishtina fancied herself a wit.
    "As the Goddess desires," she replies, mildly.
    "I am sorry that I have no refreshment to offer you here but," she gestures to the wide ring of stone benches in the sandy enclosure, "make yourselves comfortable, please." She crosses her legs and sinks down to sit upon the cool sand.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dudu View Post

Seraciel seems unable to decide how to react at first, but she finally decides on a course of action. She places her hand to face, and wraps her other arm around Furude's abruptly. She then begins to eye Selena jealously.

"How presumptuous."
    Sera starts, referring to her calling Furude Setsuna, and even pronouncing it incorrectly. This is something Sera rarely does, and when she does she does so in private.

She proceeds to cover her bases with a haughty, "I am to believe that I am not of note?"

Selena and Seraciel are often at odds. Sera is easily offended by one who she considers shallow and superfluous. They also share opposing opinions concerning enchantment. Sera does not feel the need to subject others to her will via magic. Still, she stays amicable most of the time, and even considers Selena a friend, despite thinking worshipers of the Evil Goddess needlessly cruel and self-indulgent.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Please note, there are no follower of the "evil" goddess here. Selena and Setsuna are of Sabrina, Coquika and Seraciel of Tishtina.

Standing just behind Selena is a most unusual sight. The woman is clearly a marilith, her six arms all bearing powerful looking blades, however she is also an astonishingly beautiful. She is clearly a marilith loyal to Nocticula, perhaps that goddess insists on her mariliths being as much seductresses as they are warriors. Right now, she is quiet, but she watches all three of the other women, with a wariness of a bodyguard, which she is to Selena right now.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post
    Selena and Setsuna are of Sabrina, Coquika and Seraciel of Tishtina.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: M-M-MEGA DERPPPPP. Oh well.

Seraciel eyes the Marilith, and a look crosses her face. Whether she was staring at the demon's arms or her chest, is unknown. She seems to forget herself for a moment before remembering who she was with.

"Uh... let's take a seat a seat with Coquika..."
    She says, softly to Furude. She did not want to leave her friendly hostess alone.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-15 at 09:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Furude Setsuna

Stumbling a little at Sera's sudden possessiveness, Setsuna's eyes flicker rapidly between Seraciel and Selena. She sighs. Her friends here at the academy always seemed at odds. It served to create some rather nice drama and other such interesting situations, but at times, it could get more than a bit annoying.

"Senpaiii..." drawls Setsuna, patting her friend's arm reassuringly. "You don't have to be so paranoid. I'll always be by your side. I promised, remember? And I never go back on a promise."

Then she smiles and giggles. "And of course you're 'of note'. It's just that I stand out more, what with my specialness and all. Nippa~!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Sera sighed. How could she be so daft? Of course she had her friend. "Heh... 'friend'. Such a lovely word." She though to herself.

"Yeah, I guess you'd stand out more. I guess a person so trained at keeping herself unseen would have a hard time being noticed..."
    Queue the nervous giggling. At least Coquika didn't seem so mad.

17. - Top - End - #17

Furude Setsuna

"Ufufufu..." Setsuna chuckles and winks at Sera. "Senpai, you're plenty noticeable. Especially with your choice of clothing."

And then, dragging Sera along with her, Setsuna plops down next to Coquika, and beckons for Selena to join them. "So, it's been a while since us four have been together like this, eh? Anything interesting happen with you lot lately?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-15 at 10:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel blushes at her friend's remark.

"Doctor Abjurer Zerovin is a chauvinistic pig, but I don't know if I can consider that news..."
    Seraciel groans. "I might have to try something a little more overt to get the lab space I want."

Seraciel shudders.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika merely tilts her head to one side in a kind of avian fashion, looking at Seraciel. "This is difficult? To gain advantage through love is the very core of Sabrina's teachings, is it not? I've only lately begun trying to understand the other two... facets of Tishtina, but that much seems clear."
    She waves a hand, vaguely, drawing her knees up to her chest with the other.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, but... he's a total ingrate. He abuses his position of power his students. On top of that, he definitely favors his male students. I'm easily the most talented member of the class, but I haven't gotten any time with the lab! Why should he be getting any favors. It doesn't help that 'Proffesor Zerovin Nailo, Abj.D.' is a ma-" She cuts herself off, mid-rant.

"... older person. Though it does go a long way in justifying such a vulgar course of action."

She then looks over to Furude, for no reason that is readily apparent.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-15 at 10:58 PM. Reason: TYPO OMG WTH

21. - Top - End - #21

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna's hand slowly and shakily clenches into a small fist. Her voice is deathly quiet as she speaks. "Senpai... You shouldn't have to do anything of that sort with someone like him." She spits these last words out with more channelled fury than you've ever seen her express.

After calming down somewhat, she looks over to Sera with a devious smile. "Would you like me to help you... deal with him?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, but... he's a total ingrate. He abuses his position of power his students. On top of that, he definitely favors his male students. I'm easily the most talented member of the class, but I haven't gotten any time with the lab! Why should he be getting any favors. It doesn't help that 'Proffesor Zerovin Nailo, Abj.D.' is a ma-" She cuts herself off, mid-rant.

"... older person. Though it does go a long way in justifying such a vulgar course of action."

She then looks over to Furude, for no reason that is readily apparent.
    "Girl, if you want the opposite situation where girls are preffered, you should do like me: drop the scholar life and join a Brothel."

Says Selena, now smoking a long cigarette. She seems lost in her thoughs. This happens sometimes, she can be very distant, this detachment is a scar in her personality left by her daughter incident.
    Now she tries to join her colleagues.

"Tell me, Coquika. Between us four, you seem to be the most exotic. Could you please enlighten me of your unusual method of acquiring power, as well as your greenish skin that caughts so much attention?"
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera seems to enjoy Furude's passion, but she shakes her head.

"Just because he is abusing his power, doesn't mean we should abuse ours. It would be unsportsmanlike, anyway. I think I will have to dwell on this further... I think I might take you up on your offer. You should know that he is a master of my craft. Sorcerous tricks and magical mind games would likely do little to him."

She moves closer to Furude. She begins resting her head on her should once more as she ponders the best course of action.

Sera shakes her head at Selena's proposal.
    "Coquika is a Starmetal addict."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-15 at 11:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika straightens as Selena asks her a direct question. As ever, her response flows in Celestial, its syllables ever like music upon the ear.
    "Exotic? I would think that, for those so advanced in the Art, the mere appearance is meaningless. We can hurl fire, bewitch, bind," she nods at the Marilith, icily courteous towards the beast, "transport, slay, raise and slay again... why should my body cause such comment?"
    In truth, she was somewhat offended by the directness of Selena's question. Although she supposed from what she read, Sabrina's followers were direct about what they wanted.
    "Let us say," she said, finally, "That it is not that I am green; rather, what I am is green."
    There is a pause in which Coquika gazes wistfully at the silvery statue of Tishtina that dominates the center of the pavilion. Finally, she murmurs "When you know your heart's desire, there is very little you cannot accomplish with hard work, Inspiration... and time."

25. - Top - End - #25

Furude Setsuna

"Ah, but senpai," Setsuna's grin grows even wider. "Whoever said anything about a direct attack?"

"As you very well know, the temple of Glendira has a high priestess, not a high priest. Thus, it would be a simple matter to surreptiously record a few samples of his abuse of power, and submit them to the High Priestess. Then, she'll use her power to either make him reform, or just remove him from the post entirely."

She puts an arm around Sera's shoulders and whispers in her ear. "So. What do you think? Would it work?"

Tilting her head towards Coquika, she pipes up, "Well, most of our powers are temporary conduits, rather than permanent channels. I'm actually quite curious about how you managed to infuse yourself with starmetal to that extent. A powerful Transmutation, I would assume...?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-16 at 12:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Dunno, really. Just trying to start some dialogue. It worked, at least. I also wonder how men see you. I mean, you're hot, girl, it's just that you're green. Honestly, I don't think that affects men libido in a significant way, they're all so horny afterall.

What you say, Ly'kalia? You seem to be well versed in the erotic arts. Do you think this woman would rise the lust inside men? My bet is that yes, perhaps even more, considering you're so exotic"

Truth is that Selena already noticed Coquita is more serious than the average Sabrina follower. So she tries to fix the ankwardness:

"Pardon me, lady Coquita. It's just that being surrounded by beautiful women lights my instinct to recruit potential priestess of Sabrina. My goddess rarely says 'no' to a gifted woman like yourself. Shall we focus the subject on your art, then? You were somewhat vague when descripting how you achieve your form and powers. It seems to me that you 'consume' - and I don't have any idea of how - some kind of metal, or gem, I'm not sure.
    The thing that caught my attention is that men usually expect to see women as delicate beings, however, your art seems to give you impressive sturdiness. You have a rare mix of toughness and grace. Grace that rivals the finest courtesans, and toughness that rivals the most seasoned warriors."
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Seraciel smiles.

"Bureaucracy, right? This sounds like a plan. I could get the records for the labs for starters. Maybe I can get some of the other Master Abjurers to speak for me as well..."

She rolls her eyes at Selena. "I think you'll find that not everyone thinks very highly of the religion of others over there own. Besides, if this prophecy is true, it would be rather futile to recruit her now."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-16 at 12:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika offers a half-shrug, the compliments rolling off her like water off a stone.
    "Men? Who cares what men think of me? The Goddess teaches that we should dally and sip where pleasure takes us, but men have no pleasure to offer me except conversation or sport."
    She leans back a little, crossing her legs once more, her posture more relaxed as she talks. Something of a smile even crosses her dusky lips, a reminder that in her was as devoted a follower as any of Tishtina's passionate, impetuous creed.
    "Besides, I would think most men would shy away from a woman who is old as an ancestor or weighs as much as a millstone and is just as hard." For illustration, she taps her bare forearm with a finger with a click like two marbles. "A swain might have more luck cuddling a drawbridge than me."
    "But perhaps you are right; everyone desires what they cannot have. And there is a kind of pleasure in longing."
    She climbs to her feet and stretches, her body the form of toned, emerald perfection.
    "As to how... I will tell you that the starmetal itself is part of the equation, but without the Goddess it would never have worked. The rituals were a means to an end, and nothing more. Now I focus only on perfection of mind and body."

29. - Top - End - #29

Furude Setsuna

"Bureaucracy indeed. And the more witnesses the better." Setsuna stretches, with a cat-like smile of impending success on her face.

She looks up at Coquika with an admiring glance. "Perfection, huh? An admirable goal. Of course, nothing will ever reach that last limit, but it is the journey that counts, not the final destination, yes?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Selena, giving her opinion about the pursuit of perfection.

"The goal is unreachable and the journey is boring. Perfection is a delusional goal. Sometimes I think people are so obsessed with finding a goal that they forget to enjoy life. Think about it. If someone is blind, this someone's deepest wish is to be able to see and could possibly spend all his resources if he or she could afford healing this deficiency. It's not something we, the ones with good sight, can grasp. Be able to see is not a goal to us, we should first loose this ability to feel how worth it is.

If all the people who aren't alive - now I know it's something quite hard to imagine and sounds a bit contrasensual, but try anyway, back to my rationale - those people who aren't alive, if they could wish something, they certainly would wish deeply to be alive. And yet, here we are, enjoying those hypothetical people deepest wishes. But some of us aren't happy with having a good life, they think they should follow a goal. Maybe this goal is, let's say, impossible and the journey is hard. They will give passionate speeches about perseverance and such but, in the end, they will die without tasting the best the life can offer, without reaching their damn goal.

Well, Coquita. We have very different opinions. You probably despise all things I said pretty much like I despise your so called goals. There's a chance I'm wrong. Wrong to the core. The thing is, perhaps your pursuit of goal may help us - hell! - perhaps it may even save the world, so who knows? Perhaps you'll find something worth all the trouble of hunting starmetal like a badger hunt bugs. Something better than, let's say, have normal skin and doing sex, for example. Such thing, however, is really beyond my understanding."

Selena is surprised that she befriended easier with a demon than a fellow caster. Plus, she doesn't deeply believe that life has no goals and you should simply enjoy life in some sort of hedonistic way. She would go to the end of the world just to find her daughter. It's simply something she doesn't want to think about.
    Last edited by Dudu; 2012-10-16 at 02:13 AM.
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc