New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Don't worry, I think that's actually your socks that are swelling, and the nylon won't dissolve for yet another few hundred years.

Oh no! Was it bad enough to make you completely reevaluate him as a person, or is it just a more temporary (if still bad) sort of pissed? Either way, I feel for you.
    Mrragh. She did it again while I was going home.

Oh, and then, when trying to argue with me whether it was fair for me to stop responding to him, he tried to use examples of horrible things which made sense for me ignore him about, his supposed horrible things, at least one was one I actually supported. I'm not going into details, obviously, but gods, I'm pissed at him. Frakker.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Arguments from morality or arguments about the nature of morality?
    What are arguments from morality?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    YOU HAVE RAAAAAIN? I LOVE RAIN!

Also, dang. Moral arguments suck, because no one ever comes out of those good, more or less. Moral is such a personal thing, you almost can't argue it.
    I like it when it isn't freezing ice water coming down from the sky.

I disagree. "Your right to swing your fist ends at the beginning of my nose."

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    ... *hears "Oh NO PRECIPITATION! THE SKY IS PRECIPITATING ON ME"*

I would say "Who wears coats in the rain, the rain is the best time to be outside", but it DOES entirely depend on the rain. Is it a "OW I just got hit in the ahd by a raindrop gotta go check my basement for liquids" or a "mmnm this decent rainfall will leave some decent sized mud puddles lying about, but will not flood my basement."?

I find moral arguments dislikable because a person who you entirely liked and agreed with can suddenly be supporting the stance that you have only ever known through strawmen arguments, and which you disagree with fully entirely and with all of your being and have difficulty seeing supporters of that position as compassionate members of humanity. (I'm talking about YOU, Lizard-Men!)
    What is an ahd?

Mrrragh.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

I have, in my frequent trawling of all mercantile avenues for ways to slake my wyrmish lust for material fineness, been fixated by this Etsy vendor of neck- and bow-ties for several months now.

The only problem is, there are too many to choose from. I wish that the discursives here might indulge me with their favourites.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I have, in my frequent trawling of all mercantile avenues for ways to slake my wyrmish lust for material fineness, been fixated by this Etsy vendor of neck- and bow-ties for several months now.

The only problem is, there are too many to choose from. I wish that the discursives here might indulge me with their favourites.
    I would say any advice would be in relation to the clothing to which the tie is to be matched; not only in terms of colour schemes but presence of patterns.

In vacuo I'd be partial towards the "Royal Damask", the "Winter Florál", "Game II" and "Bond". But my opinion is rather biased due to my preference for sober colours and my dislike of an excessive number of colours in patterns.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-19 at 07:47 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I would say any advice would be in relation to the clothing to which the tie is to be matched; not only in terms of colour schemes but presence of patterns.

In vacuo I'd be partial towards the "Royal Damask", the "Winter Florál", "Game II" and "Bond". But my opinion is rather biased due to my preference for sober colours and my dislike of an excessive number of colours in patterns.
    Thank you for your input, my sweet Lima bean. I should say, I'm not looking for advice exactly -- the outfit co-ordination I can take care of. I want exactly what you gave, in vacuo aesthetic reactions.

I like your choices as well. There is something transcendently tacky about the bird pattern of Game II, and the colours and shape of the tie itself are wonderful.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

On the topic of friends and moral arguments:
    I knew a guy who disagreed with me on basically every significant topic. Think of a controversial issue I couldn't discuss here, I'm fairly confident he and I have opposite opinions on it. The closest we come to agreeing on an important topic is he likes Pokemon and I like some of Pokemon, and a narrow intersection in our musical tastes that mostly consists of Led Zeppelin.
    You might consider our incredibly similar taste in friends a factor, that was always incidental to me
    Dude is one of my best friends. It's not like we just avoid discussing stuff we disagree on either (those conversations would get boring quite quickly). We'd have a lengthy discussion on some issue, debate one another and then at the end, neither of us would change our minds, we'd agree to disagree and one of us would turn the discussion into a Scrubs reference.
    I forgot to mention, we have an identical taste in comedy, that's the most important thing. Definitely.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

My dad just accused me of "cussing [younger brothers name] out."

I replied that I didn't know what that meant, and he angrily accused me of "playing stupid," claiming that "[brother again] knows what I meant."

Me: "[Brother], what does 'cussing someone out' mean?"
    [Brother]: "I don't know"

Apparently, I'm an idiot.

Just to double check: Is the equation 1111111*11111=12345554321 accurate?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Cussing out generally means a expletive filled rant about something. Cussing someone out involves calling them many many expletives.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post

I replied that I didn't know what that meant, and he angrily accused me of "playing stupid," claiming that "[brother again] knows what I meant."

Having seen a few of your other posts around here... I find it unlikely that you cussed anyone out.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Cussing out generally means a expletive filled rant about something. Cussing someone out involves calling them many many expletives.
    Yeah, like calling someone a ******* **** **** ******* ***** *******.

On that note, I find myself cussing out objects more often than people.
    A few odds and ends.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

I say "hell" one time, and my dad accuses me of that.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-11-19 at 11:08 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, it's not much, but these are the ones I liked. Aside from the Game II that was mentioned earlier.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #822
    Bugbear in the Playground

I say "hell" one time, and my dad accuses me of that.
    I don't envy you. My family curses like sailors. It's almost like a contest to see who can get an FCC fine the first. Some of the filthiest sh- er... stuff you'll ever hear. I actually forgot "hell" was still considered a cuss.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

My parents are divorced, and I go back and forth between their houses. Mom is getting remarried soon, and my stepdad (technically not yet, but, y'know) swears a lot... yet my dads (regular and step-) get along with each other. Dad's fine with most people swearing, but he still gets angrier* whenever I do so. I'm rarely fine with anyone swearing, but I do acknowledge that occasionally people (such as myself) can't help it.

Meh.

*only if he's already mad, which he frequently is.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

14. - Top - End - #824

My parents are divorced, and I go back and forth between their houses. Mom is getting remarried soon, and my stepdad (technically not yet, but, y'know) swears a lot... yet my dads (regular and step-) get along with each other. Dad's fine with most people swearing, but he still gets angrier* whenever I do so. I'm rarely fine with anyone swearing, but I do acknowledge that occasionally people (such as myself) can't help it.

Meh.

I usually just live with other people swearing, although I, personally, don't swear. Seriously, the closest I come in my actual speech is "cripes".
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Plus... more colour is better than less. I would go to town if I were designing bills.
    I would probably not. Money requires a colour scheme that inspires confidence and stability in my mind.

Things are bad. Or good. Either way, .

GO TAKE HIS BED AND MAKE HIM CRASH ON THE COUCH!

I apologize for this comment at this time, but EW DUBPARSTEP OH CHRIST WHY EWWWWWW. WHYYY.
    No. My bed.
    And I agree. Dubstep is horrible. Though I respect that other people enjoy it and merely request that they keep it on a lower volume when I am nearby.

Well, I had a look, and I would have to say that these five are exceptionally fine: Winter Floral, Floral Paisley, Sterling Blooms, Au79 and the Cairo.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh.

That kinda sounds to me like he's focusing pre-existing rage on you & that it's not really your fault. If so, that's a bit... wrong. But I'm no psychologist so don't take my words too seriously.

For me, it also just seems silly to demonize words like that, curses or not. It's rare that I use curse words, but I have no problem at all when other people do. The point of language is to provide the listener with what you wish to express. Sometimes, curse words are the best way to deliver that. Depends on the person & what's being expressed. People get too wrapped up in the details & forget the basics.

Curse words are not polite. It is nice to be polite to people. People are friendlier when you're polite to them. Polite is usually good. "Usually" being a key word there.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2012-11-20 at 01:37 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Things are bad. Or good. Either way, .

GO TAKE HIS BED AND MAKE HIM CRASH ON THE COUCH!

I apologize for this comment at this time, but EW DUBPARSTEP OH CHRIST WHY EWWWWWW. WHYYY.
    Good, in a way. Same with the bad. Lol.

Dubstep doesn't have words, and doesn't convey as much emotion as other songs do to me. So it helps block things out for me. Otherwise I'll (without realising it) veer towards sad love songs and I'll cry. Like how once last night I listened to Greyson Chance - Sunshine and City Lights and nearly cried. So I was like 'oh heeeeell no!' and switched back to Skrillex.

@The whole curse words thing - My baby sister's first word was the F word. Yeah, no kidding. (my cousin taught it to her ) But yeah, funny story aside:

Cursing is fine as long as it's not too much. Generally myself I might swear a little, or a lot, or not at all. It all depends on what people I'm around at the time. At home: A bit. If drinking, every other word. At Ele's: Barely at all 'cause he'll hit me if I do.

ION: Slept for 13hrs and feel so much better! And bf is coming to get his stuff tonight.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-11-20 at 01:53 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    That kinda sounds to me like he's focusing pre-existing rage on you & that it's not really your fault. If so, that's a bit... wrong. But I'm no psychologist so don't take my words too seriously.
    ...When I describe things, they usually sound much worse than they are.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah, like calling someone a ******* **** **** ******* ***** *******.

On that note, I find myself cussing out objects more often than people.
    I can relate to this, particularly my laptop, my old smartphone and the dutch Public Transport are frewuent targets
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    @The whole curse words thing - My baby sister's first word was the F word. Yeah, no kidding. (my cousin taught it to her ) But yeah, funny story aside:

ION: Slept for 13hrs and feel so much better! And bf is coming to get his stuff tonight.
    Amusing though it would be to teach my baby niece her very first swearwords, the horrific tortures my sister would inflict on me would put Mephistopheles himself to shame.

It's good to hear you're feeling better though Mynx. =)

21. - Top - End - #831
    Colossus in the Playground

I have created a map for DND! Hooray!

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Amusing though it would be to teach my baby niece her very first swearwords, the horrific tortures my sister would inflict on me would put Mephistopheles himself to shame.

It's good to hear you're feeling better though Mynx. =)
    that's why you gift your them a carefully trained parrot who only speaks in swearwords... It's like a proxy and you can maintain plausible deniability
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Two friends of mine swear liberally in front of their 2 year old daughter. It's something that puzzles me, growing up as... conservative as I did. But, y'know, for them it's not a big deal obviously.

I still never swear in front of my parents. But Afrikaans is such a nice cussing language, it'd be a shame never to let loose a few choice descriptives now and then. Heh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have created a map for DND! Hooray!
    Ooh. Please say it's got places big enough for a ranger to shoot past people. Once I remember my party was descending into a tunnel via ladder, got down, opened up into a big room.. People kept crowding the entryway so much I wanted to just say 'Screw it, I'm trying to shoot past you. If I critically fail and hit you in the head, it's your friggen' fault!'

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

I tried to learn a few words of Afrikaans a while back. The trick to pronouncing some of the words was to have a large and angry wolverine clamp its teeth around your throat.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    I tried to learn a few words of Afrikaans a while back. The trick to pronouncing some of the words was to have a large and angry wolverine clamp its teeth around your throat.
    Hah! Your soft and weak English vocal cords are no match for the harsh manliness of Afrikaans!

But it does seem as if many people have difficulty pronouncing some of our words. Some of my Brit/American acquaintances would rather be beaten to death by a mob of angry locals than try and speak Afrikaans.

And it's not really a pretty language, if I'm honest.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I usually just live with other people swearing, although I, personally, don't swear. Seriously, the closest I come in my actual speech is "cripes".
    I use swears as much as any other words, in general. There are situations where I have to consciously hold back, but in most of those I'm too awkward to talk without planning the sentence ahead anyway...

Dubstep doesn't have words, and doesn't convey as much emotion as other songs do to me. So it helps block things out for me. Otherwise I'll (without realising it) veer towards sad love songs and I'll cry. Like how once last night I listened to Greyson Chance - Sunshine and City Lights and nearly cried. So I was like 'oh heeeeell no!' and switched back to Skrillex.

I wasn't even feeling sad yesterday when I listened to the orchestral version of Illusion by VNV Nation, that almost brought me to tears...

Yay for sleeping and for feeling better

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Hah! Your soft and weak English vocal cords are no match for the harsh manliness of Afrikaans!

But it does seem as if many people have difficulty pronouncing some of our words. Some of my Brit/American acquaintances would rather be beaten to death by a mob of angry locals than try and speak Afrikaans.

And it's not really a pretty language, if I'm honest.
    I see your Afrikaans and raise you Dutch which seems to have that harsh 'sch' sound every other word...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

29. - Top - End - #839

Dubstep doesn't have words, and doesn't convey as much emotion as other songs do to me.
    Oh shush. You just haven't been looking hard enough.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    That was kinda lame.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.