New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

Main Room

"Couldn't you just... I dunno, give yourself tips simply? Try to win hound-archon races or something?" Ordo asks, wishing he could see the future like that.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig rubs the back of his head.
    Alright, I get it. I think. I'll just make sure I'm ready for when I meet you and you claim you don't know me, I guess.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit sighs. If only it were that simple.
    Whatever is behind my condition seems to be able to monitor me. As soon as my future self goes past a certain amount of information, he gets warped off.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #424

[Main Room]

"Well, y'know, we could always try to find out for you," Ordo says. Perhaps Jit can get off parole by bringing them a job of his own.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Main Room==> Mountains outside NO]

"I'll remember that Esther, thanks for all the help." Cessie says, mimicking Harnel's bow before starting to head out of NO.

As they are a out of sight of the building she turns to her companion. "You know, while I'm used to walking like this I think we should just fly the last bit. It's an awful long trek just walking down these mountains. Would you mind going away while I change?" The mage asks.
    [Outside]

"Of course. I'll be over there." Harnel points out where he'll be before heading that way. Wondering how often Cessie has to deal with that. He'll probably ask her on the way or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Main Room]

"Well, y'know, we could always try to find out for you," Ordo says. Perhaps Jit can get off parole by bringing them a job of his own.
    [Main Room]

Jit shakes his head.
    Bold, but I doubt you want to interfere with something that powerful. And there are perks to this. I can't die, for one.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside]

The mage nods and then goes behind a large rock to change.

After a while there is a sudden surge of heat coming from her location and from the rock comes the slender head of a red dragon. It have a long snout which ends with two eyes which shines of blue energy. Framing it's head is long hair which is the very same fiery red as Cessie's hair.
    As more of the dragons body emerges, rising towards the sky Harnel can see it's very long, at least fifteen meters, and slender, shaped very much like the one of a snakes rather then the bulky type some dragons have. It have two forelegs and two hind legs which are relatively small compared to the rest of the body.

It's flowing hair goes along it's back all the way out to it's long tail and while it have no visible wings it still appears to be able to fly somehow.

Coming towards him it suddenly stops right in front of him, floating just above the snow as it places what appears to be Cessie's clothes on the ground. "Would you be so kind to take care of my clothes while we fly?" The dragon asks in a very deep voice without even moving it's mouth. If he happens to look into it's shining eyes he can see they are very much like the mages, only larger and shining.

Harnel should be able to feel a strange spiritual calmness in the presence of the Cessie dragon.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"Of course." Harnel says, gathering up the clothes with care.

"You look incredible." Harnel comments afterwords, looking up at her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Main Room]

Jit shakes his head.
    Bold, but I doubt you want to interfere with something that powerful. And there are perks to this. I can't die, for one.
    Dipsnig's ears perk up and he raises his eyebrows. You can't? Well, that's definetly a perk. What makes you unable to die, exactly?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Jit shrugs.
    Well, excessively slow aging is a common side effect of time travel. And every time something nearly kills me, I get warped elsewhere. Usually not somewhere fun, but somewhere a bit safer. So not overly useful in a fight, but enough for me.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #431

[Outside]

The dragon smiles in return, "Just jump up on my back and we'll be in Riverside in no time at all." A pause. "Since you do know the way right?"

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

A woman approaches. She has a business suit on which clings tightly to her curvaceous body. Her brown hair cascades down her body before reaching halfway down her back. She has red and full lips that are currently tightly shut. Her brown eyes seem to radiate sarcasm and she walks with the air of someone powerful, and annoyed. She's accompanied by an odd man. He wears black clothes. All of it. His black trenchcoat is shut around him. The man has a mushy face that looks like it had been dunked in lava a few times... His left eye is a milky white color and he walks without a sound. He eventually speaks out and whispers in a creepy voice toward the woman. Ms. Pay, you think they'll know where he is? Of course. He was seen here, that little thief will be found. ...yes. Of course Ms. Pay. She'll move to look around for a guard.

13. - Top - End - #433

Gates

There are no guards outside the building but the door just happens to open up and a dark-skinned elf steps out in nothing more then a bikini and some sort of cloak hanging over her arm. Floating just above her shoulder is what looks like a miniature sun however which seems to emit a great deal of heat.

She raises an eyebrow at the newcomer. "Can I help you... miss?" Very professional.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

She looks over at the drow(?) and frowns. Obviously, she did not approve of wearing such clothes out in public. Pay. Ms. Pay. Executive Pay to you. I'd like to talk to A Dipsnig? It's about a Mr. Marciano Louv're's whereabouts. It's important, and I'd like to hurry this. I have places to be. The man just glares over at the floor.

15. - Top - End - #435

Gates

Dena leans against the door frame with her arms crossed over her chest as she listens to Pay. "Marciano huh? That incompetent gnome which fled by teleport every time you got close to him?" She asks in a completely relaxed voice with a brief pause before looking up at Pay an adding. "What about him?"

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

Halfing. She looks very serious. Not a nice woman, shame too...she was beautiful. The man finally pitches in. Oh? Sho you heard of him? He's shtrayed out of line...Now now Grints, it is not her business. But yes, that "gnome that teleports". The gnome is his companion. He's done the Flux Company a wrong. I'd like to talk to Dipsnig now. Unless your name is Dipsnig, in which case I'd have to say that your mother must have been drunk when she named you. Now, if my calculations are correct, you are not Dipsnig, and have a perfectly normal female name. I'd like to speak to Dipsnig. Do I have to say it again?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

The dragon smiles in return, "Just jump up on my back and we'll be in Riverside in no time at all." A pause. "Since you do know the way right?"
    [Outside]

"Oh, I thought I'd just be flying beside you."
    Harnel does have wings for flying purposes!

"I know where it is, yes."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #438

Gates

"Mm... well, he's busy right now. You could wait outside the building though if you want. I'm sure he he will be ready for you any minute now." Dena replies in a casual voice, the various rude comments seemingly not doing much for her.

[Outside]

"If you rather want that, go ahead. I certainly won't mind, I just figured it would be a lot of work for your wings in these cold winds." Dragon Cessie replies, pointing out his wings with one of her claws.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-30 at 08:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"Oh. Yeah. You're right. Hadn't really thought of that."

Well now if Cessie's going to absolutely insist, Harnel certainly not going to turn down a chance to ride her.

"Getting on board." Harnel says as he moves to climb onto her back, clothes in hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #440

[Main Room]

"Whatever you say, man. I'd wanna know who was pulling the strings," says Ordo, crossing his arms again, the morphed one turning back to normal.

I believe I forgot to mention, Ordo is physically very different. Dipsnig will find him to be taller, his features fairer, but still tired-looking as ever.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig shrugs.
    If you say so. I'd say that's enough for a new member interview. Welcome onboard, he says. He takes note of Ordo's different appearance and intends to ask him about it later.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

To Ordo
    Don't think I don't appreciate the offer. I've just accepted it at this point. A few centuries ago I'd have been all for it.
    To Dipsnig
    Glad to be aboard.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #443

[Outside]

Her scales feel very smooth and warm, so warm in fact that the snow nearby is melting in her presence. "You need to hang on to my mane Harnel or you will fall off." The dragon advises him as she slowly starts to ascend once he climbed up.

"Just keep a steady grip and this will go very smoothly." And then she will take off towards Riverside, moving at an surprising speed.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

"Mm... well, he's busy right now. You could wait outside the building though if you want. I'm sure he he will be ready for you any minute now." Dena replies in a casual voice, the various rude comments seemingly not doing much for her.
    Great. I suggest you go get him. I can't spend all day here. You'd think a leader of something like this would be more caring about visitors. Unless you want that halfling to run wild for another twenty years I suggest you let him talk to him before I lose my patience. Mr. Grints nods solemnly, flecks of his nasty skin falling off....

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Harnel grabs on tight then. It is, admittedly faster than he expected. Probably faster than he can fly. Must be a sleekness thing.

"How does flying without wings even work?"

To Riverside!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #446

Main Room

"Now we just have to find something for him to do," says Ordo, frowning a little. Perhaps that potential customer at the door could provide work.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #447

Gates

"As I said, he's busy." Dena replies calmly. "I can go and check though, meanwhile, you stay out here." With those words Dena closes the door in front of the two unless they put their foot in or anything. It's not suggested though.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

They don't. They wouldn't openly offend a powerful person by entering his headquarters without permission. So, Executive Pay and Mr. Grints wait.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Yeah, there seems to be someone at the door. I'll go check it out. With that, Dipsnig heads for the entrance.

30. - Top - End - #450

[Main Room]

Dena is just about to see what Dipsnig is doing when the goblin seems to have decided to check it out himself. "Hey, there is some human out there who likes to see you about that gnome... halfling, whatever. That ugly little guy." Which she can't remember the name of.