New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mask: ... she's prettier than me.
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jayden: Thanks! Now look upon thy work!

Spoiler
    Show

Mask: ... she's prettier than me.
    *Midnight tilts her head, as she looks upon the transformed Jayden.

"With that hair and that pelt, you look like you could almost be my sister, if I had one.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Mask: No. Sorry to bother you. I'll be quiet now.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight tilts her head, as she looks upon the transformed Jayden.

"With that hair and that pelt, you look like you could almost be my sister, if I had one.
    Jayden: I know! It's great! We should totally take this thread and do magic science to it.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

We grow spares. Beyond that cloud bank yonder, there's a wide plateu just positively strewn with green glass capsules, a la mega man X.
    Inside each is a tiny filly Midnight, vestiges from when cutting open EsperDerek was a thing, and he'd need replacement parts.

Almost everypony but me forgot they were up there, and what was supposed to be discrete organs and organ systems have had the time to become full ponies. It's a lonely job, growing and tending to a field of comatose Midnights, but at least I get to eat well. ;D
    Hmmmm....
    "Say Midnight, I know you're busy and all, but could I borrow a few dozen pages of the Ship Note for a minute or two? I promise I'll give them right back!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, Winter Wrap Up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriously. I had it stuck in my head all day today at work, and it's been at least a week since the last time I watched that episode! It will never leave. It's like the DuckTales theme song, but with Ponies. I'll be humming it as an old gray man on my deathbed, long after I've forgotten where it came from.

I'm half convinced that the only reason I like it is because if I didn't, I'd go absolutely insane.

Zevox
    Could be worse. The other day at work when we finished up I suddenly realized I was humming Applejack's verse of that. And that I had hummed the entire song leading up to that. I actually got that far in the song without realizing I was doing it.

Spoiler
    Show
    D'awwwwww....
    Fluttershy is pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    EDIT: Speaking of creepy faces (warning - seriously creepy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have you seen some of the other pictures from that tumblr? That's far from being the most creepy one. I have to admit though, as much as I hate Cupcakes I love the art style for those...

(Also the tumblr page has some NSFW stuff. I haven't linked it, but just throwing the warning out for anyone who decides to look)

>receive random text "Mmm applesauce"
    >respond with picture

Spoiler
    Show

Am I a horrible person, pony thread?
    Or an awesome friend?
    Both. Simultaneously.

And a special thanks to you, Thanqol, for bringing this upon me. I don't ven live in Australia; talking to an Australian over the internet is enough for australia to try and kill you.
    Can I sig this? I want to sig this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Will legos suffice? Or for a cheaper option, cardboard, duct tape, and a blanket? We could totally turn Thanqol into a raging blanket ghost. Might even splurge on some googly eyes and glue to see that.
    Jayden: I vote that we build this robot.
    Mask: I vote that we build this robot as well as get a real body.
    Jayden: Whatever! Charger, we've got schedule time to learn robot design, right?
    Charger: We've got schedule time to put a hose on a wheelie bin.
    Jayden: I vote we find a wheelie bin!
    I've got the brain bucket!
    *Holds up a bucket with googly eyes and a speaker stuck to the front and is filled with jello*
    Olympia, quick, we need your assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Words will not suffice to express my relief that at least someone (or someone's sub-level personality construct) is using the correct word.
    There's another word for Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    "Some day, sister! SOME DAY I SHALL WREAK MY BLOODY VENGEANCE. YOU'LL FORGET TODAY, BUT I WON'T! YOU'LL PAY! YOU'LL PAAAAAAAAY!"
    I want to draw this now. But have been too busy for drawing lately.

Ah, but let's have ourselves a looksie at horse GENETICS. Horses do indeed use the XX/XY sex chromosomes (I figured they would, but I made doubly sure).

That means that we have three choices: statistically, a roughly equal number of males and females are born across Equestria, or else some sort of gender discriminatory birth control is practiced and practiced HARD, or these cute little ponies drive away large numbers of stallions at adulthood. Take your choice, but I prefer number 1.

Unless someone more knowledgeable about horses knows of a mechanism (like, a chemical mechanism or something) that results in an uneven number of live births, those are our three options.
    Could just be that sperm with one chromosome is weaker than another, or more numerous or something.

5. - Top - End - #875

Jayden: I know! It's great! We should totally take this thread and do magic science to it.
    *Midnight grins eagerly.

"I think that's a wonderful idea! Oh, I always wanted a sister, this will be great!"

*Midnight glares.

"Hey! Don't pick on my daughter like that, or we'll see how fast your 'no shipping' request lasts!"

Mask: No. Sorry to bother you. I'll be quiet now.
    "Don't be like that, my dear filly, don't listen to her. You're a beautiful mare. Don't think any differently."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Hmmmm....
    "Say Midnight, I know you're busy and all, but could I borrow a few dozen pages of the Ship Note for a minute or two? I promise I'll give them right back!"
    ...No. No, you may not.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-08 at 09:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
    *Midnight glares.

"Hey! Don't pick on my daughter like that, or we'll see how fast your 'no shipping' request lasts!"
    One, I pick on everyone as the opportunities arise.

And it'll last as long as this forum has mods.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Colossus in the Playground

*Midnight grins eagerly.

"I think that's a wonderful idea! Oh, I always wanted a sister, this will be great!"
    Jayden: Me too! I'm looking forwards to this. Now, what do you know about Forces magic?

*Midnight glares.

Charger: Hey, I just realised, this makes you Mask's aunt.
    Jayden: Well, the way I figure it, being in proximity to Midnight is to be in proximity to the black-hole centre of the relationship diagram, and this is probably the least-bad way for that to manifest.

"Don't be like that, my dear filly, don't listen to her. You're a beautiful mare. Don't think any differently."
    Mask: 'kay. Thanks mom.

Charger: All right you lot, it's sleep time.
    Jayden: But Charg-errrrr, there's cool stuff happening on the Internet.
    Charger: We're in school dawn to dusk tomorrow and then we've got to go to your tabletop. You don't want to be worn out for your own game, right?
    Jayden: Urgh, fine. Final thoughts; you ponies are awesome, being a pony is awesome, and I hope Thanqol never comes back. Rock!

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

...No. No, you may not.
    "Please? I promise I won't write anything in it! It'll just be for a minute or two!"

9. - Top - End - #879

Threads too long for me to catch up right now, so I just want to throw in my couple of cents before the topic becomes too irrelevent (if it hasn't already)

@Midnight Mare: I have not read it but I can't help but think it seems like a subtle attempt at merging Nyx and Midnight. Please don't. Remember that Midnight is symbolically the consolidation of joy of every mane cast mares, an neigh impossible circumstantial birth that symbolize redemption for both Trixie and Luna. Nyx (whom I have not read about) seems more like the culmination of regret and sadness (Past sins indeed) the two do not mix. So since what I just typed may or may not apply, let me just say that... Midnight's conflicts and problems should never result in irrecoverable harm and sadness. I guess this is an extreme round about way of saying I support silly nightmare moon shoulder devils.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

10. - Top - End - #880

One, I pick on everyone as the opportunities arise.

And it'll last as long as this forum has mods.
    *Midnight hrmphs.

"Fine, then. I'll just have to find some other way of getting to you if you do that again."

Jayden: Me too! I'm looking forwards to this. Now, what do you know about Forces magic?
    "I know enough to blow stuff up and reverse gravity, so enough that we should be able to combine magic and technology easily enough!"

Charger: Hey, I just realised, this makes you Mask's aunt.
    Jayden: Well, the way I figure it, being in proximity to Midnight is to be in proximity to the black-hole centre of the relationship diagram, and this is probably the least-bad way for that to manifest.
    So what you're suggesting is that Midnight is the gravitational singularity of all the relationshipping in this thread.

The way the program designs that chart, you're not far from the truth.

Mask: 'kay. Thanks mom.
    *Midnight gives Mask comforting cuddles and lots of tea and cookies! (She's also kind enough not to subject Mask to *her* cooking. They're from Sugarcube Corner.)

Charger: All right you lot, it's sleep time.
    Jayden: But Charg-errrrr, there's cool stuff happening on the Internet.
    Charger: We're in school dawn to dusk tomorrow and then we've got to go to your tabletop. You don't want to be worn out for your own game, right?
    Jayden: Urgh, fine. Final thoughts; you ponies are awesome, being a pony is awesome, and I hope Thanqol never comes back. Rock!
    Have a good night, the three of you!

"Please? I promise I won't write anything in it! It'll just be for a minute or two!"
    You're going to do weird things with the clones that SiuiS made of me, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    @Midnight Mare: I have not read it but I can't help but think it seems like a subtle attempt at merging Nyx and Midnight. Please don't. Remember that Midnight is symbolically the consolidation of joy of every mane cast mares, an neigh impossible circumstantial birth that symbolize redemption for both Trixie and Luna. Nyx (whom I have not read about) seems more like the culmination of regret and sadness (Past sins indeed) the two do not mix. So since what I just typed may or may not apply, let me just say that... Midnight's conflicts and problems should never result in irrecoverable harm and sadness. I guess this is an extreme round about way of saying I support silly nightmare moon shoulder devils.
    It's not an attempt to merge Nyx's themes with Midnight, I promise.

If you get the chance to read the Excerpts sometime, I know you're really busy, you'll find that it is, indeed, much about the same sort of tones that you speak of, the idea of redemption, and love. How sometimes life can be hard, and people/ponies can make mistakes, but often it's for what they feel to be good reasons or because of the problems and challenges that they have endured in the past.

But, there's always forgiveness at the end of the line, no matter how hard the road will be, or the mistakes that you make. There's always somepony to support you and help you, if you're willing to reach out for them. There's always love, if you bring it into your heart, and make it your own.

As you say, Midnights problems should never result in irrecoverable damage. Midnight, at her core, is a creature of love, and joy.

I hope that this allays your fears.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-08 at 10:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

You're going to do weird things with the clones that SiuiS made of me, aren't you?
    "...Define weird. And I said I wasn't going to write on them!"

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Speaking of, you should totally clense your mental pallet by listening to the old G1 sea pony song. I garentee it will help clear your mind of Winter Wrap Up.

Would I lie?
    Whoa. You really are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    The brutal circle of life. Which means that if you don't come up with something new in your 20s you will never. And your life is just another of billions that will have no effect whatsoever. [/darkness]

Ah, but let's have ourselves a looksie at horse GENETICS. Horses do indeed use the XX/XY sex chromosomes (I figured they would, but I made doubly sure).

That means that we have three choices: statistically, a roughly equal number of males and females are born across Equestria, or else some sort of gender discriminatory birth control is practiced and practiced HARD, or these cute little ponies drive away large numbers of stallions at adulthood. Take your choice, but I prefer number 1.

Unless someone more knowledgeable about horses knows of a mechanism (like, a chemical mechanism or something) that results in an uneven number of live births, those are our three options.
    Equestria seems to be based on human society to a ridiculous degree, but we've never seen the influence of real life horse social norms (that I know of), so there's no reason to assume that they would suddenly take after them on sex.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-08 at 09:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

With the right clothing placement, irrespective of the type or amount, you can pull your pony ahead by approximate 2/3rds of a [attractiveness unit]. Kiloplot? Gigahawty? Deca... I got nothing.

But whatever the unit, we're hitting a +63.7% enhancement.
    Gigalixie?

Yay! I was worried you wouldn't find it, and I couldn't help at all. Braz tried, but nothin'.
    Aww. Thank you both for trying.

Nice pic, though. If only SiuiS would use his powers for good, instead of for questionable.
    Questionable is good!
    And I'll never be able to see that pic innocently again.

Sorry, Lix Lorn. Between the lighting and my tiredness, I won't be able to draw the comic. It was (is, probably) going to be

Spoiler
    Show
    a Lix pony multiplying by two. Various playgrounders score her at between 5-7 with cards. The announcer says she's got a total score of 9.9, and the forumites, confused, look sideways, and see Lix Lorn going herself a 10.

And a 10, and a 10, and a 10...

And then it zooms out to a Lix Lorn army all holding score cards.
    ...I approve. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    the Commodore was stripped of his position as the thread's Sane Person after he was shipped with Lix and had a breakdown.
    Awww. I'm sorry I did that to you, Commodore. Come over to my house and I can Comfort you.

Hmmmm....
    I have a note too. :P
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-08-08 at 10:16 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

*Midnight hrmphs.

"Fine, then. I'll just have to find some other way of getting to you if you do that again."
    Give them the exact same good natured teasing that I would give to anypony else?

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

"...Define weird. And I said I wasn't going to write on them!"
    "What...are you going to do?"

Give them the exact same good natured teasing that I would give to anypony else?
    *Midnight shakes her fist. Err, hoof.

"Don't try to get out of my illogically potent motherly wrath with logic!"

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

"...Nothing evil?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I have a note too. :P
    "Sorry Lixie, but for this to work it needs to be from Midnight's Ship Note. Unless it doesn't. Would you be willing to part with a few pages?"

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Teach them arts and crafts, of course! He just needs a lot of paper so he can teach them all how to make paper airplanes, and Papers & Futons is fresh out.

Come on, you wouldn't want all your clones to be artistically deprived, would you?

*keeps Amish hat close at hand in case of ruse backfire*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

*Midnight shakes her fist. Err, hoof.

"Don't try to get out of my illogically potent motherly wrath with logic!"
    So... You want me to treat your children differently from everypony else?

*wonders if Midnight's head was built with paradox crumple zones*

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Image Dump: Love Lasagna, Hate Mondays edition.

Spoiler
    Show

It's been said, but I have to agree: cutest foal ever. I suddenly support Rariburn wholeheartedly (sorry Raz).

That's the reaction I'd like to see!
    The friend just thought it was weird that I responded with plot rather than fear.
    Always glad to be of service

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    I see your "Honk" and raise you...

Spoiler
    Show

HONK!
    Ouch! My cuteness filter was down! Reading critical damage on key subsystems...

Have you seen some of the other pictures from that tumblr? That's far from being the most creepy one. I have to admit though, as much as I hate Cupcakes I love the art style for those...

(Also the tumblr page has some NSFW stuff. I haven't linked it, but just throwing the warning out for anyone who decides to look)
    Eeyup, I have seen the tumblr. It was another creepy picture on Ponibooru that got me looking. Although the NSFW stuff kind of blindsided me, I have to admit, his art style is neat.

Questionable is good!
    And I'll never be able to see that pic innocently again.
    You were able to see it innocently the first time?
    This does not bode well for my psyche...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

There's another word for Lego?
    What Etcetera means is that correct terminology is to to it as LEGO (capitalised) as a brand when speaking in the generic ("I'm going to buy some LEGO"), and that otherwise, LEGO is an adjective, not a noun. Thus, one LEGO piece, many Lego pieces. You play with LEGO, you do not play with "Legos."

I think "legos" is not a term of much use over here (perhaps it's more American phrase), because until I came upon the internet, I had lived my entire life never hearing it referred to any as anything but "LEGO." And hearing "legos" makes my rocket launcher hand twitchy... (I mean, it should probably be "legoes" for a start...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Whoa. You really are evil.
    Yes. Yes I am.

*smug*

Awww. I'm sorry I did that to you, Commodore. Come over to my house and I can Comfort you.
    No!

No, I mean that's fine, I'm totally over it, really! Perfectly fine over here, thanks for asking, yessiree, no problems at all...

I'd flee, but that would only encourage her.

Actually everything I do - and don't do - seems to encourage her...

Oh, look, see what Druid Droid and Thanqol (prior to fragmentation) were doing! You should totally go and do...stuff...about that!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-08 at 10:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm not sure what you mean by instrumentality. Or rather, I know you mean the thing from neon genesis evangellion, and I surmise it has to do with that blue haired(?) chick, but I'm not sure what it is in actuality.
    Honestly, I don't think that anypony actually knows what the Instrumentality Project is. Yeah, Evangelion is kinda weird like that. The reason I brought it up though, was because the secret Midnight cloning facility sounded just like Gendo's secret Rei Ayanami cloning facility.

Unfortunately, I can't see it as anything but very creepy, but don't let that stop any plans anypony here might have for those clones.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

22. - Top - End - #892
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arts progress. Still need to add a certain dog (I don't know, might not though) and still have the Vault 2 AJ in there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Link?
    Link, or I will end you.
    Chapter 1:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Chapter 2:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hl=en_US&pli=1

Not quite finished, but the style is so Douglas Adams.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

What Etcetera means is that correct terminology is to to it as LEGO (capitalised) as a brand when speaking in the generic ("I'm going to buy some LEGO"), and that otherwise, LEGO is an adjective, not a noun. Thus, one LEGO piece, many Lego pieces. You play with LEGO, you do not play with "Legos."

I think "legos" is not a term of much use over here (perhaps it's more American phrase), because until I came upon the internet, I had lived my entire life never hearing it referred to any as anything but "LEGO." And hearing "legos" makes my rocket launcher hand twitchy... (I mean, it should probably be "legoes" for a start...)
    Oh yeah, it's supposed to be completely capitalized isn't it? Somehow forgot about that... Gods it's been years since I've touched any LEGO....

25. - Top - End - #895

aaaaand almost done
    Spoiler
    Show

edit- and since it's been bothering me, I've fixed a couple of things on an old standby
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-08 at 11:13 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, relevant to the LEGO discussion:

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry Lixie, but for this to work it needs to be from Midnight's Ship Note. Unless it doesn't. Would you be willing to part with a few pages?"
    (Gives seven)

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    You were able to see it innocently the first time?
    This does not bode well for my psyche...
    Yes? XD
    Just cause clop isn't an instant blacklist for me doesn't mean I think it instantly.

I'd flee, but that would only encourage her.

Actually everything I do - and don't do - seems to encourage her...
    You're learning.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-08-08 at 11:15 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

(Gives seven)
    "Success!"
    *Flees to the clone storage room, ripping each page into quarters on the way*
    *Presses the big red button labelled 'Release Clones'*
    *As each of the Midnight clones wakes up, he gives them one of the pieces of the Ship Note*
    *Flees before whatever's going to happen happens*

29. - Top - End - #899

"Success!"
    *As each of the Midnight clones wakes up, he gives them one of the pieces of the Ship Note*
    *element of heartburn seal of approval*
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone read Dinosaur Comics? Here's a MLP version/template.
    Spoiler
    Show

Have fun.

(Dinosaur Comic is a webcomic reusing the same panel of a dinosaur stomping over and over again with different jokes. The writing is pretty much brilliant.)

"Success!"
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-08 at 11:37 AM.