New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

And Inkscape's vector based so there's no need for a drag tool.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

And you can undo more than 3 times .

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    It's not unusual for children that were sent to religious-affiliated schools by religious parents to grow to be not very religious.
    Irony is funny about that. Speaking of religious, my name directly means "Messiah Christian son" and I'm one of two atheist in class (actually I'm not entirely sure about the other, I just know she ain't Christian)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #304

Mad Mask: You're such a bad boy staying up so late... 3:43 AM...

Also: Secular Private Schools surpass all others! Wooh for not waiting behind for the slow kids! IQ Tests to get in are also nice.

I'm personally surprised religion still exists, though I'd rather not get into that argument. The entirety on my beliefs on religion, as well as a huge supporting example for why I feel the way I do, can be summarized by the fact that the Catholic Pope changed hell a few years back, removing Limbo...

Also: Sounds like you had a fun trip, Mechafox, and sounds like you're in for hell for the next few days.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    [Censored by the Inquisition]
    you do realize that some people can take offense to that post alone?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2009-06-27 at 11:46 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    @Nameless: We don't have better to do so tell us the story (about why you attended a religious school)
    Ehh, I'd rather not go into those years to be honest.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Mad Mask: You're such a bad boy staying up so late... 3:43 AM...

Also: Secular Private Schools surpass all others! Wooh for not waiting behind for the slow kids! IQ Tests to get in are also nice.

I'm personally surprised religion still exists, though I'd rather not get into that argument. The entirety on my beliefs on religion, as well as a huge supporting example for why I feel the way I do, can be summarized by the fact that the Catholic Pope changed hell a few years back, removing Limbo...

Also: Sounds like you had a fun trip, Mechafox, and sounds like you're in for hell for the next few days.
    That's the kind of stuff that keeps me from believing a word of any religions.

I personally think religion exist because it's part of human social nature and because our brains keep asking stuff it can't answer. Oh and I think it's good that public school is easy, it doesn't matter where I got my education and the low expectations mean I get higher grades (when the students are supposed to only know that photosynthesis exist to pass it's easier to get top grades than when they are supposed to know an entire library of details)

EDIT:
    @Nameless: Aww man, I'm curious.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-27 at 11:55 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Irony is funny about that. Speaking of religious, my name directly means "Messiah Christian son" and I'm one of two atheist in class (actually I'm not entirely sure about the other, I just know she ain't Christian)
    My full first name means "honouring God"
    My middle name means "who is like God?"

I'm an atheist anti-theist, so these are things I find painfully ironic.

I don't mind the middle so much, because if I take it as a literal sentence rather than the precision etymology (Which puts it as a retorical question), it's more flattering than demeaning. I hope to eventually change the first to Timon (Meaning "honour, esteem").

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

@Lying: Oh the irony.

My name is Aramaic, Meaning "Innocence", not to be confused with other "Tom" name which means something else.
    EDIT: Actualy, if I were to translate it properly into English, my name isn't actualy Tom.
    Yay! My english name is wrong!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-06-27 at 12:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Actually, the latest hour I went to bed is 10:30 PM.

Even though I agree with you, please do not discuss religion at Giantitp. It gets people into trouble.
    I can't get anyone into trouble by that, the law say I'm too young to be taken serious unless I directly destroyed something or hurt someone (and then it's still only insanity).... Till next Saturday.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't get anyone into trouble by that, the law say I'm too young to be taken serious unless I directly destroyed something or hurt someone (and then it's still only insanity).... Till next Saturday.
    I meant in Giantitp. Threads get locked when people talk about real-world religion.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

My name means "He who holds Christ in his heart." That or i'm named after the dork from whinie the phoo.
    ____

13. - Top - End - #313

Oh and I think it's good that public school is easy, it doesn't matter where I got my education and the low expectations mean I get higher grades (when the students are supposed to only know that photosynthesis exist to pass it's easier to get top grades than when they are supposed to know an entire library of details)
    My school isn't actually harder. It's just that the classes are so small and move so quickly that you can ask questions and they will be happy to give personal answers based on experience and extra studies. It allows us to learn as fast as we want to learn, but are grades aren't damaged by the fact. I think only about 5-10% of the school actually has a GPA below 3.0...

@Rand: How? I didn't attack anyone. I said Religion doesn't make any sense to me, and I'm simply commenting on the fact that religion can simply be changed... If I'd have come out and said something to deliberately insult all followers of a specific religion, that would have been flaming. In this case, I only expressed my points and backed them up briefly without trying to really call out any followers of religion in a derogatory sense.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-06-27 at 01:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

My school isn't actually harder. It's just that the classes are so small and move so quickly that you can ask questions and they will be happy to give personal answers based on experience and extra studies. It allows us to learn as fast as we want to learn, but are grades aren't damaged by the fact. I think only about 5-10% of the school actually has a GPA below 3.0...
    I went to a private school for six years, went to a public school, and they were reviewing things I had never even learned.
    ____

15. - Top - End - #315

Actually, the latest hour I went to bed is 10:30 PM.
    Then you should probably fix your computer's clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I went to a private school for six years, went to a public school, and they were reviewing things I had never even learned.
    That's messed.

The only thing my Private School education missed out on was States and Presidents, which we learned this year anyways in like a week.

I remember back in Public Schools when my brother asked the teacher why they weren't covering negative numbers in class, and she responded with, "Negative numbers don't exist."

I jumped up to a 5th grade level in math as soon as I got into my private school (which was in 1st grade). Not to mention I wasn't falling asleep in class...
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-06-27 at 01:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I meant in Giantitp. Threads get locked when people talk about real-world religion.
    Nope. The Danish law say that I'm too young to be held responsible for rule or law breaking, thus they can't do anything (I think) and then there's the point TnD had which count in my case too.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nope. The Danish law say that I'm too young to be held responsible for rule or law breaking, thus they can't do anything (I think) and then there's the point TnD had which count in my case too.
    ...What? The moderators are perfectly capable of banning you/closing this thread if you break the rules.

Anyway, the off-plot's back? Hm. Maybe I should make a comic sometime.

I go to a public school and I think I've learned a lot, but then I've never been to a private school so I don't exactly have much to compare it to.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

I completely forgot about the Off-Plot.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes, but this isn't Denmark. This is Giantitp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

And two pages of talking about...fetishes, education and fancy names. Sheesh, the quality of these threads drops like frak these days. What is it with random chatter that is so very appealing?

Well, I guess it's as much as anyone can do before FI begins, so never mind it .

On interesting side note my name means wolverine. No, really, it does . Isn't it just neat?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    ...What? The moderators are perfectly capable of banning you/closing this thread if you break the rules.

Anyway, the off-plot's back? Hm. Maybe I should make a comic sometime.

I go to a public school and I think I've learned a lot, but then I've never been to a private school so I don't exactly have much to compare it to.
    According to that law then no, but Lemming might be right that it don't count on the internet.. Is there anyone that can look it up in the American law?

Anyway, maybe I'll make a comic too... Tomorrow.

Same as you about the school thing so I've got no comments on that.

EDIT:

@^That is so cool, I wish I had such a name. What is it by the way.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-27 at 02:18 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #322

According to that law then no, but Lemming might be right that it don't count on the internet.. Is there anyone that can look it up in the American law?
    The Internet is considered international territory, but each forum has its own rules and police (moderators) that people abide by. Just because the 1st Amendment is Freedom of Speech, that doesn't mean being banned in a forum is unconstitutional.

In other words Keveak, they CAN ban you no matter your age or nationality.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    actually yes you can invert on inkscape.
    Um, no, you can't. Invert Colors? No, I'm pretty sure you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    And Inkscape's vector based so there's no need for a drag tool.
    Shift drag or just drag as in move something from one side to the other?

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Um, no, you can't. Invert Colors? No, I'm pretty sure you can't.
    Effects: Color: Negative

Takes a few seconds but its handy. Mainly for Undead text bubbles and people getting hit by lightning.

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post

Takes a few seconds but its handy. Mainly for Undead text bubbles and people getting hit by lightning.
    Pwned

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post

Ah, thanks. I didn't know about that.
    However, MS Paint can do it in the blink of the eye, with a single Ctrl-I. You can do hypnotic things by doing rings of black and white, then holding down Ctrl-I.
    But the drag tool is coolest.
    /\Um, no, Mr. Sheep. I'm really not.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-06-27 at 03:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

Mr.Sheep? Interesting choice of names. Mind you, I would have been more creative.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

What does drag do ?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    Mr.Sheep? Interesting choice of names. Mind you, I would have been more creative.
    Well, given that you do whatever Rand does, and always agree with him...
    Case in Point: Ethereal/Air Caste Approval.
    TV Tropes hatred.
    This.
    What are you, his little brother?
    /\Select something on Paint. Choose the bottom option so that the background color isn't opaque. Hold down shift, and drag it around. If you use lots of colors, it can get really pretty.
    Also, holding down control is a fast way to make duplicates.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-06-27 at 03:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Ah, thanks. I didn't know about that.
    However, MS Paint can do it in the blink of the eye, with a single Ctrl-I. You can do hypnotic things by doing rings of black and white, then holding down Ctrl-I.
    But the drag tool is coolest.
    /\Um, no, Mr. Sheep. I'm really not.
    You can just select multiple objects and drag them around with the mouse... Plus, you can do it over layers, so you don't destroy previous progress. MS paint can only do irreversible drags excluding one color maximum. It's a freeware product that's very lame. They're totally different types of drawing, but MS paint is far inferior unless you're doing small-scale drawings with much varying detail (see: pixelart).

The art that most people churn out with paint is just plain unappealing/revolting. It looks like it could've been done in inkscape much more cleanly, but is instead jarringly chunky. The only appealing paint work I've seen done is the highly detailed small art, or large-scale art shrunk down considerably, still with great detail. The jagged outlines filled with single colors are shocking and rather off-putting.

Plus vectors can easily incorporate gradients, and are much more malleable.

Personally, though, I prefer photoshop.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-06-27 at 03:28 PM.