New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,475 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Rarity's Borrowing Spree~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    shipping of underage characters does not meen anything Squicky is going on.

Innocent crushes are a thing.
    Would it be shipping then? I've been under the impression that shipping involves actual relationship... things...
    An innocent crush seems too 'normal' for that term.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    "SilverBelle....SilverBelle....it's shipping time in Equestria
    SilverBelle....SilverBelle....soon it will be shipping day...."
    Arg, no thanks for the earworm.

Just listening to it... it played out like a bad fanfic, you know?
    Haha, funny. Guess someone missed an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Also, sigh, I'd be thankful for all votes to be in bold as I nearly missed a few that way
    It shall be done!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-07 at 09:02 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

So, no more votes?

Ok, gonna give it 10 more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Yeah, its an episode and issue that comes up now and again. I'm going to strongly reject your central point though.

Cider Squeezy is broadly pro-technology. No, really.
    The machine works. And what's more, it turns out cider comparable to apple family cider. And quicker, it took the whole apple family and mane 6 to out produce it.

So, what let the Flim Flam's down? What happened to prevent them using this fabulous machine to con the apples out of their land?

They didn't care about the quality of the cider. They had no love for it. The machine is blameless, technology comes across well, but smiley jerks who are only after money fail, not because the machine wasn't as good, but because they didn't understand what matters, they had no integrity and that, their inherant dishonesty let them down.

The machine itself is almost entirely shown as a good, positive thing except that the flim flams are using it to muscle out the apples.
    No. It's not.

Case in point - had F&F really didn't care, they wouldn't make a machine that makes staunchly conservative, criticizing grandma go into shock after one tasting. They would just settle for 'good enough' seeing quality costed them volume, and go for Coca Cola business model. F&F only started to water down final product in desperation after they were tricked into complete change of agreed deal. They clearly understood what they were doing, they had just no other options left.

You know, how can anyone say they were con men when a good swindler just had to dispense all the good cider they made at first to quieten criticism? Especially seeing that despite their names machine worked exactly as advertised? They sucked as con ponies, their machine building skills were top notch... To me, it says wandering inventor, not con artist. Inventor that wasn't recognized in any way.

And the final nail to the coffin of that episode - was extremely rude, obnoxious letter at the end, insulting both Celestia to which it was sent and her friends that worked their sides off to save Apples. AJ doesn't acknowledge new ideas can be good, she just says "lernud nufin" and still considers her ways to be the best and only. There isn't even a glimmer of understanding what just happened, both on sociological and technological front. She doesn't even thank RD for help, help that came despite how AJ treated RD in the beginning of episode.

From protagonists perspective, all the cheating they did was okay, and the machine was evil like its owners. I fail to see where there is even a iota of praise for it outside of granny's reaction. AJ stance goes even further than most extreme luddists, there is no saving it. At all.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Would it be shipping then? I've been under the impression that shipping involves actual relationship... things...
    An innocent crush seems too 'normal' for that term.
    if need be, a reciprocated crush with experimental kissing is still innocent enough to not squick me out.

shipping is basically a story about a relationship.

If "friendshipping" counts, then I think innicent crushes with a hint of a more serious relationship when they're older should count as shipping
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, so no tie breaks except one in over three hours. Oh well. Maybe we compromise and give the other title to next next thread?

Also <<<
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    if need be, a reciprocated crush with experimental kissing is still innocent enough to not squick me out.

shipping is basically a story about a relationship.

If "friendshipping" counts, then I think innicent crushes with a hint of a more serious relationship when they're older should count as shipping
    Okay then. I suppose the break is that I don't count friendshipping.
    Though kids experimenting would still make me nervous (probably because I have fatherly protective protocols with my daughter.)

It's time!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-07 at 09:19 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races