New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default 2011 OOTS Ornament + New CafePress Shirts, Laptop Skins, etc.

If you haven't seen the News post for today (11/20/11), the new round of CafePress designs is now live in the Shop. The second post in this thread will have a complete inventory of all the new designs, but first, let's get to the coupon code. As CafePress changes the sale terms, we'll update them here so that everyone can be sure to have the latest deal.

• No current coupon.
    • December 13–16: $10 off on orders over $50. Coupon Code: FDEC1150
    • December 10–12: $15 off on orders over $75. Coupon Code: SDEC1175
    • December 5–8: 10% off on all orders over $40. Coupon Code: TDEC1140
    • December 3: Save about 10% on sweatshirts and hoodies, no coupon needed.
    • November 29–December 1: 15% off on all orders over $45. Coupon Code: ADEC1145
    • November 28: Free economy shipping on orders over $40. Coupon Code: SHOPNOV28
    • November 24-27: Save $0.50 off of ornaments and $1 off of stockings, no coupon needed.
    • November 19-22: Save $5 off purchases of $30 of more. Coupon Code: LNOV1130

Coupon Fine Print:
    Excluding shipping charges, gift wrap charges and applicable sales tax. All orders must be added to cart from cafepress.com shops only. Excludes CafePress marketplace purchases (e.g. all products added to cart from URLs beginning with the following (i) http://shop.cafepress.com, (ii) http://t-shirts.cafepress.com and/or (iii) http://www.cafepress.com/sk/), Gift Certificates, Flip products, SIGG bottles and CafePress Make and bulk orders. Coupon code must be entered at check out. Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (PST) on indicated start date and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on end date. Offer valid online at CafePress.com only, cannot be combined with any other coupons or promotions and may change, be modified or cancelled at anytime without notice. This promotion cannot be applied to past orders.

Now scroll down for more details on what's new...
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: 2011 OOTS Ornament + New CafePress Shirts, Laptop Skins, etc.

Here now is the complete list (with pictures) of every new item in the CafePress store. In all cases, click on the picture to be taken directly to the page for that design.

First, Celia skates her way to victory in the continuation of our existing ornament line:

The second ornament features Roy and Xykon in battle. This new line will also continue next year with another hero/villain pairing.

Whether you're a fan or a fan of not being a fan, we can all agree that sometimes, even the most sparkly vampire needs to get a face full of holy light.

This original t-shirt idea explores the hot new pastime that's sweeping the realm:

Straight from the pages of Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales, this shirt features the vampiric half-dragon half-troll lycanthropic fiendish snail. Tremble at his illogical glory!

Based on OOTS #780, this shirt hypes the epic battle between a completely unskilled serf and a domestic pet.

The old Banjo t-shirt was long overdue for a redesign, so we've brought out a new series featuring this slick new logo. It's never been cooler to worship a puppet.

After the EVIL, GOOD, and CHAOS shirts of previous years, Enor and Gannji expound on the virtues of being True Neutral on this year's alignment shirt.

Based on the stick figure family stickers that seem to be popping up on every car, these car stickers and magnets show that you are a true connoisseur of stick figure excellence:

The following designs are a continuation of our OOTS for Kids! line that we started last year. The original designs featuring the OOTS members themselves are, of course, still available.

We also are carrying laptop skins for the first time ever, in a variety of sizes. In addition to bringing some of the above designs (and a few of the existing ones) over, the following two designs are unique to the laptop skin:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we also now have OOTS shot glasses, in a variety of characters.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This original t-shirt idea explores the hot new pastime that's sweeping the realm:

As a longtime player of fantasy baseball and fantasy football, I absolutely love this design!

*puts this, and others, on the Xmas list*
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wonder if this picture implies Leeky Windstaff is a part of the current iteration of the Linear Guild. Probably just needed someone to fill Durkon's place, but it's a possibility! I can live in hope.

Anyway, some nice designs in there. I must say I find the "My Evil Twin Did It" design incredibly cute.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Some really nice designs here, I like the "your ad here" reference in the true neutral one.

Now back to ponder my usual problem of wearing comic-design t-shirts... *sigh*

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nice designs, although I'm still hoping for a "pointy vs. yummy" chart shirt some time

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

I like the designs. Is it just my bad english, though, or is there a typo in the speech bubble in "Neutral"?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I love the unnamed vampire series parody.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Which designs are available as messenger bags? I like this bag, but so far I've only found it in this and the Turn Undead design. I'd really love to have one with the OOTS quotes - "One Saving Throw at a Time" is probably my favourite, but I also love "I'm Participating!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Terandir View Post
    I like the designs. Is it just my bad english, though, or is there a typo in the speech bubble in "Neutral"?
    It is not just you. There's a typo.

This design is temporarily unavailable while I fix the problem.

Typo fixed on the actual products now. I will update the ad banners appropriately as well.

As far a I can tell, two people ordered the Neutral design with the typo in the last hour, but unless CafePress is far, FAR more efficient than I think they are, the production of the products won't start for several hours yet, and thus the shirts will have the corrected art. If anyone happens to actually receive a misprinted shirt, they can be returned to CafePress for a new one. My apologies for the mistake.
    Rich Burlew

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Which designs are available as messenger bags? I like this bag, but so far I've only found it in this and the Turn Undead design. I'd really love to have one with the OOTS quotes - "One Saving Throw at a Time" is probably my favourite, but I also love "I'm Participating!"
    The messenger bag is a newer product from CafePress. It didn't exist as an option when the Quote shirts were made, and thus only some of the new designs are available on it. The same goes for certain shirt styles. In the case of the bag, specifically, I didn't put the design on many products due to the expense of the bag and the yellowish natural tint it gives to the artwork...I only chose designs that I thought wouldn't look awful if tinted in that way.

While it is possible I may go back someday and update every shirt design to have every new style/product, it's unlikely that I will get a chance to do so anytime soon, as that would literally take hours of clicking through and checking them all.
    Rich Burlew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: 2011 OOTS Ornament + New CafePress Shirts, Laptop Skins, etc.

Might be getting a new car sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I think I'll get a nice Linear Guild magnet to go with it.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

It is not just you. There's a typo.

This design is temporarily unavailable while I fix the problem.

Typo fixed on the actual products now. I will update the ad banners appropriately as well.

As far a I can tell, two people ordered the Neutral design with the typo in the last hour, but unless CafePress is far, FAR more efficient than I think they are, the production of the products won't start for several hours yet, and thus the shirts will have the corrected art. If anyone happens to actually receive a misprinted shirt, they can be returned to CafePress for a new one. My apologies for the mistake.

Pff, it's not a mis-print, it's a very limited collector's edition T-shirt.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

As a recent convert to the "Song of Fire and Ice" series, I absolutely adore your Fantasy fantasy shirt, Giant.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oooh, looks like a lot of people will get specific instructions what I want for Christmas <3

I love the Fantasy fantasy and Turn Undead designs. And the laptop skins. And the car stickers. Oh, who am I kidding, I love all of the designs

Also, I'll get the two new ornaments
    (Quick question, does anybody actually hang them on the tree? I'm too cautious to use them as decoration: Christmas at our place often plays out like Housecat vs. Christmas tree. If I think about it too much, it actually makes me a bit sad )

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

I've seen the stickers in cars, too - so have a question about these OOTS variety -- Are these just a big bumper sticker, or do the stick figures stick directly to the window (inside or outside) w/o the black background?

17. - Top - End - #17

Planetar

Ordering of gifts for my daughter, wife, and I will commence immediately! Great job Mr. Giant (Rich), I really like your comic and I appreciate the free membership to an awesome forum. Thanks for all your hard work and I look forward to reading in the future!

Happy Holidays!

18. - Top - End - #18

PirateWench

Oots ornaments ordered online.
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

AAARGH! MUTANTS! Horrible, horrible mutants! What are those horrendous things at the end of their arms?! Kill them!
    Seriosly though, really nice.
    Last edited by Cizak; 2011-11-21 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDJ View Post
    I've seen the stickers in cars, too - so have a question about these OOTS variety -- Are these just a big bumper sticker, or do the stick figures stick directly to the window (inside or outside) w/o the black background?
    The black background is there, but the whole sticker is a translucent "see-thru." So you can stick it to the outside of the window and still see through it while driving. Or you can switch it to a traditional opaque bumper sticker (or car magnet), your choice.

(I did try to get rid of the black background altogether and just have white outlines, but because CafePress shows the image of the item on a white background, it looked like I was trying to sell blank rectangles. I didn't think many people would buy that.)
    Rich Burlew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Giant-

You deserve to earn money from content this good. In past years I have placed orders and thrown away the product because your work should produce healthy income for you but I do not like my home to be cluttered with things. I do not want to buy and throw-away this year. As someone who checks this site daily, I want it to bring as much joy to you as it does to me and income-production contributes to that (it's obviously not everything). What do you suggest? For me the ads on the forum have been ideal.

Best,
    Eustice Pious

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by eusticepious View Post
    Giant-

You deserve to earn money from content this good. In past years I have placed orders and thrown away the product because your work should produce healthy income for you but I do not like my home to be cluttered with things. I do not want to buy and throw-away this year. As someone who checks this site daily, I want it to bring as much joy to you as it does to me and income-production contributes to that (it's obviously not everything). What do you suggest? For me the ads on the forum have been ideal.

Best,
    Eustice Pious
    Whatever else, please stop doing that. Creating items and then throwing them away just produces meaningless waste in the world, and the environment has enough problems as it is. It is far, far more upsetting to me that you would order my products just to put them into a landfill than that you would simply not buy them at all. I would rather have less money than I would be responsible for that. It literally goes against everything I personally believe.

If you really want to bring me joy and don't want to own a piece of merchandise, take the money you would have spent and donate it to a charity. Preferably an environmentally-based one, such as African Wildlife Foundation or the Nature Conservancy. Or, if that's not palatable, then just don't spend anything. I will consider it a boon to know that I'm not contributing to more garbage.
    Rich Burlew

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question. If, in the duration of this week, I order one of these items; when will it arrive?
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    I have a question. If, in the duration of this week, I order one of these items; when will it arrive?
    The best thing I can do is link you to CafePress' own shipping estimate page: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/hel...=shipping.aspx

Generally, around next week or so, they'll post their announcement of what the deadline to order by Christmas will be.
    Rich Burlew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

Who is that guy in the middle in the Celia one?
    Wolfen Houndog - The World in Revolt (4e)
    The Mythic Warrior, a 3.5 base class that severs limbs and sunders armor
    The Nameless One, converted to 3.5 and 5e

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    Who is that guy in the middle in the Celia one?
    Mr. Jones, of Jones & Rodriguez, Attorneys at Law.
    Rich Burlew

27. - Top - End - #27

Planetar

Giant,

I ordered some merchandise (both for me and my daughter). I love the art work, quotes are hilarious, read the comic - generally I'm a huge fan of your stuff. But I have to tell you it's hard to bring myself to pay $22-30 dollars for a printed t-shirt. I appreciate that your trying to make money and I'm sure cafepress requires a large sum of that money too, I just thought I would post that if the shirts were in the $15 - 20 dollar range I would buy more of them.

Thanks for your time and happy holidays!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Mr. Jones, of Jones & Rodriguez, Attorneys at Law.
    Ohh, I see now; he's wearing ear-muffs. I thought he was just balding to start with.

Anyway, I really like the Xykon one. I might buy that.
    >>softly open our mouths in the cold

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Love the kiddie shirts, and fantasy fantasy :>

I still want one of o-chul charging and yelling "smite evil!" with a caption "+5 holy cojones" :>

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

What does 1d6+4 on Celia Score mean or equivalent to? (I am not familiar with D&D Damage system)
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3