New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    @Rawhide: Awesome. Any good DVDs?
    I got an Inception BluRay/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Pack and a Gran Torino DVD.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Yeah, it was pub trivia. Not like the time our team of three beat teams of 8 or more on a special trivia event we didn't even know had prizes.

We ended up walking away with a mobile phone each, some BluRays and DVDs..
    Oo. That's some mighty shiny loot you got there....

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Give in to the song~
    Sure, the ending might be bitter, but doesn't that make the song even sweeter?

FTL is fun! Even if the enemy has the uncanny ability to always immediately take out my Oxygen. >.>

Edit: Happy birthday, HalfTangible!
    There's some sort of irony about a succubus not giving in to temptation...>.>. I'm still hoping to put together a ship with a mantis crew, a teleporter and three boarding drones. >:)

Half birthday, HappyTangible!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Whoa. Most pub trivia I've gone to, the prizes were pretty much just free drinks. Not that we complained. Heh.
    No, pub trivia was a carton of beers, this was for the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Oo. That's some mighty shiny loot you got there....
    Made all the better by the fact that there were far less of us to share it around.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I got an Inception BluRay/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Pack and a Gran Torino DVD.
    Ooh... I've heard of them. And that they were good.
    Perhaps I should acquire them and watch them one of these days in between doing nothing and occasionally drawing ponies...

Okay, putting Inkscape away now.
    Good night everyone for real this time!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

FTL is awesome. Now if only I could find the Slug Homeworlds again while I have a ship that's actually capable of doing damage...

There's some sort of irony about a succubus not giving in to temptation...>.>. I'm still hoping to put together a ship with a mantis crew, a teleporter and three boarding drones. >:)

Half birthday, HappyTangible!
    Find the Mantis ship, unlock the second configuration, abuse the 4-person teleport room. =3

Got my second win with them, although two of my men stayed behind and sacrificed themselves in destroying the rebel flagship. *salutes Magmar and other crewman whose name I forgot because it did not happen to randomly be a pokemon* >.>

Oh, and happy birthday, Half-tan! =D
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2012-10-09 at 08:25 AM.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I need help. FTL has sunk its claws into me and is refusing to let me play any other games. I am hopelessly enamoured with its siren song of big scary ships and horrible death lasers.

Help.
    The only possible solution is to play it until you get sick of it, although I suppose you'll have to set aside a significant portion of your calendar for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Oh hey, was that one of those Kickstarted games? I remember reading about it earlier in the year. It sounded really cool. I didn't even know it was out yet. How is it? (other than incredibly addictive, it seems )
    It's pretty fast-paced despite not feeling especially so. You start off slow, battle with a crippling fuel shortage or have a lucky enemy deoxygenise half of your ship, work up a neat flow and then suddenly you've reached the final sector and realise that you lack the firepower to take out the boss. And then it starts over and nothing is the same while you're stuck in this sort of euphoric haze trying to micromanage your weapons to fire for optimum effect while at the same keeping a rotating schedule for your crew's close quarter battle duties so that they all won't have to die at the hands of the Mantis boarders.

Littlest brother scornfully called it a Flash game, but the level of depth is only on par with some of the best Flash games I've ever played, and those games were good. It also has a better replayability on virtue of being a rougelike(-like).
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-10-09 at 08:48 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Roguelikes seem to be making something of a return recently. FTL, Binding of Issac, Dungeons of Dredmor, Spelunky....

We don't talk about D3 hardcore mode.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

There's some sort of irony about a succubus not giving in to temptation
    it would be entirely logical given that the succubus is actually temptation personified and supposed to dish it out instead of succumbing to it

So... I seem to have found this thread now

I loved D3, but don't seem to have a stable enough connection during my spare time to play it anymore

neither have I had time for TF2 and LoL... And I want to start with BL2... Oh woe is me
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-10-09 at 09:04 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

9. - Top - End - #789
    Colossus in the Playground

Neat! Was it a pub trivia quiz or something else? =)

Also, I need help. FTL has sunk its claws into me and is refusing to let me play any other games. I am hopelessly enamoured with its siren song of big scary ships and horrible death lasers.

Help.
    Man, it seem's like everyone's getting into this game I haven't played. It feels like Minecraft all over again. Atleast with FTL I see the point though, Minecraft is just a cute diversion

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Give in to the song~
    Sure, the ending might be bitter, but doesn't that make the song even sweeter?

FTL is fun! Even if the enemy has the uncanny ability to always immediately take out my Oxygen. >.>

Edit: Happy birthday, HalfTangible!
    It's almost as if they know you're in space and thus specificly target something that allows them to instantly win! Clever girl *raptor pose*

Roguelikes seem to be making something of a return recently. FTL, Binding of Issac, Dungeons of Dredmor, Spelunky....

We don't talk about D3 hardcore mode.
    Instead lets talk about Torchlight 2's hardcore mode. I think it has one. Also, I WANT to say Borderlands 2 is a roguelike, atleast in terms of difficulty and random guns.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Man, it seem's like everyone's getting into this game I haven't played. It feels like Minecraft all over again. Atleast with FTL I see the point though, Minecraft is just a cute diversion
    It's a lot of fun, though after you win a few times, it kinda loses a lot of its pull, IMO. Still a fun game to get people addicted to. =3

It's almost as if they know you're in space and thus specificly target something that allows them to instantly win! Clever girl *raptor pose*
    Worse than getting shot in the oxygenation room is when you get ambushed by people who sabotage it. >.<

Instead lets talk about Torchlight 2's hardcore mode. I think it has one. Also, I WANT to say Borderlands 2 is a roguelike, atleast in terms of difficulty and random guns.
    Have you played Torchlight 2 yet? Seems like I grabbed that ages ago, and I still haven't done more than install it. >.<

11. - Top - End - #791

I have not installed it yet since I want to be careful about my gigabyte usages. I think, at the end of the month, if it looks like I did good on conservating, I'll install it. Then we'll have another excessively long RPG game to play together.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, a roguelike isn't just about random loot. The encounters and map have to be random as well but the big criteria is fatalness. In a roguelike, you get one life, no saves, no continues and when you snuff it it's "game over, please insert 50c".

Spelunky has all kinds of wonderful ways to die, whether its jumping down from a ledge and wondering why the ground hasn't appeared yet, being vapourised by flying saucers, eaten by giant piranha or being gulped up by a carnivorous plant. Then it's back to the very very beginning again.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ettin in the Playground

I have not installed it yet since I want to be careful about my gigabyte usages. I think, at the end of the month, if it looks like I did good on conservating, I'll install it. Then we'll have another excessively long RPG game to play together.
    Mmm, one day, we'll work through all of them. Hopefully.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

My digestive system is eminently displeased with the burdens I placed upon it this weekend, loads which no after-dinner walks in the cool autumn evening nor spirited matches of ping-pong could leaven.

It had snowed in the city just before the weekend, but almost all of it had melted away. -- but on the drive out to the country, the ditches and forests were covered in it. It was magical. Likely that will be the last time I see a wild body of water unfrozen until the spring. I had a last taste of its crisp fluid betwixt goblets.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-09 at 02:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, a roguelike isn't just about random loot. The encounters and map have to be random as well but the big criteria is fatalness. In a roguelike, you get one life, no saves, no continues and when you snuff it it's "game over, please insert 50c".

Spelunky has all kinds of wonderful ways to die, whether its jumping down from a ledge and wondering why the ground hasn't appeared yet, being vapourised by flying saucers, eaten by giant piranha or being gulped up by a carnivorous plant. Then it's back to the very very beginning again.
    That's the best part about those games!

I might have to get Spelunky, then. (if my schedule can take any more distractions from school)
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

Remember how I said I was playing Sacred Stones?

I just promoted Gilliam to a General. That axe animation.

Still haven't had a chance to see his throwing-axe animateion, but I hope it's more like his melee-axe and less like his throwing-spear (seriously, that one looks pathetic).

Also, you know Artur? You know that room in the chapter called "It's a trap!"? The one with two treasure chests and... I think it was five knights? Sent Artur in, killed one in two casts. Then, enemy turn. Each and every knight came up, attacked, he dodged, and then two-cast killed all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #797

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    My digestive system is eminently displeased with the burdens I placed upon it this weekend, loads which no after-dinner walks in the cool autumn evening nor spirited matches of ping-pong could leaven.

It had snowed in the city just before the weekend, but almost all of it had melted away. -- but on the drive out to the country, the ditches and forests were covered in it. It was magical. Likely that will be the last time I see a wild body of water unfrozen until the spring. I had a last taste of its crisp fluid betwixt goblets.
    Sounds like SOMEONE had a really good Canadian Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Remember how I said I was playing Sacred Stones?

I just promoted Gilliam to a General. That axe animation.

Still haven't had a chance to see his throwing-axe animateion, but I hope it's more like his melee-axe and less like his throwing-spear (seriously, that one looks pathetic).

Also, you know Artur? You know that room in the chapter called "It's a trap!"? The one with two treasure chests and... I think it was five knights? Sent Artur in, killed one in two casts. Then, enemy turn. Each and every knight came up, attacked, he dodged, and then two-cast killed all of them.
    Generals are ridiculous, as are magic users of all sorts.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Oh snow, how I long for you. We only get rain, rain, rain. We get rain en masse, but not massive enough to be dramatic, and it all boils down to this gray nothingness that's so characteristic for the autumn. Most trees still hang on to their leaves, but the redistribution of colour, from green to yellow, and from sky to ground, is already well underway. Soon they'll all be gone, and thus will the long, dark journey toward the asolar celebrations, and the long awaited excuse for us to bring light into our lives, begin.

And when the sky is clear, and the sun is present, if not in spirit, so at least in luminescence, then you weep, weep in sorrow over all that's dead, and weep in joy over the beauty that still remains.

This morning, I was sitting here and thinking about looking up today's weather in the newspaper to tell if I'd need any rainwear or not. It turned out that one look out the window was all I needed to tell that yes, I did indeed need it.

ION:
    Automata Theory has an interesting difficulty curve, not entirely unlike the process of getting ketchup out of a glass bottle. At first, everything is clear as a day, almost to the level of being called obvious, and then you run into Turing machines and what they can and can't do, and suddenly you're stuck in these extremely circuitous proofs, and the mantra to remember is "if there is an exception to the rule, then there was no rule in the first place".
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-10-09 at 04:04 PM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #799

Is there an equivilent "EZ Squeeze" bottle of Automata Theory?

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Is there an equivilent "EZ Squeeze" bottle of Automata Theory?
    Despite never having heard that term, I think I get the gist of what you mean. And no, you can't portion Rice's theorem out over the course in sizable chunks (or as a constant stream, to keep up the ketchup analogy). That just wouldn't work, sadly.

Show

21. - Top - End - #801

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Despite never having heard that term, I think I get the gist of what you mean. And no, you can't portion Rice's theorem out over the course in sizable chunks (or as a constant stream, to keep up the ketchup analogy). That just wouldn't work, sadly.
    These bottles as opposed to the old, classic style ones.

And aaah, ok.

22. - Top - End - #802

NecromancerGuy

So who has two thumbs, no heat, and came home to no power this afternoon when he got off work about an hour early?

This guy. Though I almost cut off one of my thumbs grabbing a spare bucket out of the dumpster. x.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

FE Generals are the best thing ever. THE GROUND SHAKES WHEN THEY WALK! =D

Also, Oswin is best General. Fact. =3

...just like Hector is best Lord. =3

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    So who has two thumbs, no heat, and came home to no power this afternoon when he got off work about an hour early?

This guy. Though I almost cut off one of my thumbs grabbing a spare bucket out of the dumpster. x.x
    On the plus side you do still have two thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

25. - Top - End - #805

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    On the plus side you do still have two thumbs.
    Yep. Hopefully they turn the power back on before midnight though, as I'd rather like to have a place to sleep tonight, since I can't seem to find anywhere to couch surf in case it doesn't.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

These bottles as opposed to the old, classic style ones.
    Apart from being riddiculously overdesigned, that's pretty much what I imagined you meant.

For the record, any ketchup bottle with more design than this is riddiculously overdesigned in my opinion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yep. Hopefully they turn the power back on before midnight though, as I'd rather like to have a place to sleep tonight, since I can't seem to find anywhere to couch surf in case it doesn't.
    What exactly is preventing you from sleeping in a powerless house? I mean, if you get an extra blanket, you could probably sleep through below zero (Celsius) temperatures without even noticing (I know this from experience, and our blankets weren't even especially thick).

Show

27. - Top - End - #807

Apart from being riddiculously overdesigned, that's pretty much what I imagined you meant.

For the record, any ketchup bottle with more design than this is riddiculously overdesigned in my opinion:
    Spoiler
    Show

I personaly agree, but to be completely honest, the types of bottles we have now are just so ergonomic and easy to use. The bottle is designed to be REALLY easy to squeeze, so the ketchup never has difficulty coming out. Sometimes it has too much ease and the inside of the cap gets messy though (but only if you're lazy and never clean it)

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

I personaly agree, but to be completely honest, the types of bottles we have now are just so ergonomic and easy to use. The bottle is designed to be REALLY easy to squeeze, so the ketchup never has difficulty coming out. Sometimes it has too much ease and the inside of the cap gets messy though (but only if you're lazy and never clean it)
    I LOVE the bottle thing, soooo. ... I DISAGREE WITH TEDDY? Ketchup comes out so GOOD.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

29. - Top - End - #809

NecromancerGuy

What exactly is preventing you from sleeping in a powerless house? I mean, if you get an extra blanket, you could probably sleep through below zero (Celsius) temperatures without even noticing (I know this from experience, and our blankets weren't even especially thick).
    Internet withdrawal. I'd go crazy with no ability to read or otherwise entertain myself for the hours before I'd be able to sleep.

That and my flatmates would carve me up like a taun-taun because they'd be convinced they'd freeze to death.

Now they're just warming up their hands in one another's bras for some inane reason in celebration of the power coming back on.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

My idea is this: that ketchup come in wide-mouthed jam jars, and be spread with a knife.

Next summer, when my now fully upgraded garden is in full fruition, I shall reap an untold spessartine bounty of tomatoes: and with the excess, make ketchup in just this way.

Sounds like SOMEONE had a really good Canadian Thanksgiving
    Indeed! I was privileged to have two full dinners, one at the cabin with friends of my brother's family, one the next day with all the family at my parents' house. I have practiced gluttony at Level: Falstaffian.

Oh snow, how I long for you. We only get rain, rain, rain. We get rain en masse, but not massive enough to be dramatic, and it all boils down to this gray nothingness that's so characteristic for the autumn. Most trees still hang on to their leaves, but the redistribution of colour, from green to yellow, and from sky to ground, is already well underway. Soon they'll all be gone, and thus will the long, dark journey toward the asolar celebrations, and the long awaited excuse for us to bring light into our lives, begin.

And when the sky is clear, and the sun is present, if not in spirit, so at least in luminescence, then you weep, weep in sorrow over all that's dead, and weep in joy over the beauty that still remains.

This morning, I was sitting here and thinking about looking up today's weather in the newspaper to tell if I'd need any rainwear or not. It turned out that one look out the window was all I needed to tell that yes, I did indeed need it.
    *hugs*
    You're a lovely human being, Teddy.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-09 at 07:25 PM.