New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    ...I read 2D8HP's posts in the voice of my grandpa...
    I'm strangely flattered, thank you, but I'm doubtful that I sound like that, because I sound more like a Californian version of:David Bradley*as "Arthur Webley", the farmer,
    Spoiler: in this scene:
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the most hated member in this forum.
    Not even close to that, your fine.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    I read all of OotS in 3-4 days. This was about a month ago. Having caught up know, and unable to cope with the slow publishing time, I have begun obsessing over this forum.

This is not the only thing I do this two, and in another month I will likely be addicted to something else.
    I do that, too. For me, it's because I actually have low-level OCD, so I tend to latch onto one thing and obsess.

As long as it doesn't harm your functioning, it's probably nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    Some of my habits: constantly apologize for things that either I didn’t do, things that I had no control over, or both.
    Same, but that's just part of being Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    Tell people things, forget that I told them, and tell them again.
    Another habit of mine is to tell people things, forget that I told them, and tell them again.
    Another habit of mine is to tell people things, forget that I told them, and tell them again. (Get the joke? It’s true, though)
    I once "introduced" my girlfriend (now wife) to one specific person... something like 7 times? At that point, they stopped humouring my "Oh, have you met Ryan?" introductions and told me that out that yes, they know each other, quite well by now.

It was embarrassing, to say the least.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometimes I feel like I'm the most hated member in this forum.
    I doubt that you are. I, for one, don't hate or dislike you at all... though I had you figured for a teen or tween until you said otherwise.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I doubt that you are. I, for one, don't hate or dislike you at all... though I had you figured for a teen or tween until you said otherwise.
    When I'm glad that you don't hate or dislike me. Also I'm an adult just to let you know.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

When I'm glad that you don't hate or dislike me. Also I'm an adult just to let you know.
    Are you sure?

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Are you sure?
    I'm 32 years old. And going back to what you said before. I mean I know that there's a few people in this forum who really hate my guts but I'm not going to mention any names because it's going to start drama and the mods going to give me infractions or even banned me in this forum. Also I just don't worry about the other members who disliked or hated me.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ve4grm View Post
    Same, but that's just part of being Canadian.
    Actually, I’m from the US. Unfortunately, in my opinion.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-12 at 06:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm 32 years old. And going back to what you said before. I mean I know that there's a few people in this forum who really hate my guts but I'm not going to mention any names because it's going to start drama and the mods going to give me infractions or even banned me in this forum. Also I just don't worry about the other members who disliked or hated me.
    Eh, if they really dislike you that much, they can use the ignore list feature. I've had to do that with a couple of people that I'm less than fond of on this forum.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

I've struggled with social anxiety, so I can understand where you are coming from. But no matter where you go, people are going to hate you because some people jump to conclusions or are just plain jerks. What you need to ask yourself, are you enjoying your time on these forums enough to you to try to focus on this issue? You seem nice enough to me, so I doubt it's much about what you did, but it never hurts to examine what happened. But if you come to the conclusion that you did nothing wrong...Are you going to let them chase you off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    I've struggled with social anxiety, so I can understand where you are coming from. But no matter where you go, people are going to hate you because some people jump to conclusions or are just plain jerks. What you need to ask yourself, are you enjoying your time on these forums enough to you to try to focus on this issue? You seem nice enough to me, so I doubt it's much about what you did, but it never hurts to examine what happened. But if you come to the conclusion that you did nothing wrong...Are you going to let them chase you off?
    Have you ever seen some of my threads that I post in this forum? But I can understand what you're saying.

Eh, if they really dislike you that much, they can use the ignore list feature. I've had to do that with a couple of people that I'm less than fond of on this forum.
    They should

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

I really want to buy a sword, but I'm not going to anytime soon because I know I'd never use it for anything.

If you're wondering what kind, probably an arming sword or bastard sword.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I really want to buy a sword, but I'm not going to anytime soon because I know I'd never use it for anything.

Bastard sword i recommend, you can use it two-handed or with a shield , and practice is enough to enjoy it, it is not necessary cutting some orc heads ;)
    Last edited by Spanish_Paladin; 2018-01-15 at 09:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Well that can be a good thing. Some people use their sword way to much. For some people, the sword becomes the most important part of them.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    Well that can be a good thing. Some people use their sword way to much. For some people, the sword becomes the most important part of them.
    Fighters need to go get a hobby or something.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

15. - Top - End - #1365

I confess I often confuse Anymage with Anonymouswizard. Then I speculate on whether they know each other, because their names are so diabolically similar in meaning.
    My completely awesome avatar (I call her Quill) has been generously crafted by the esteemed Honest Tiefling!

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    DEGENERATION 87: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good-looking) and your humility is stunning.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

I have still not seen the movie Braveheart. I know everyone says it's really good, I just never got around to it.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I play Boss Monster card game by myself.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

I spent part of my morning reading scary stories to 6th graders.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Besides being lazy and a coward, I'm also un-empathetic, and cold.

On Monday I received my usual "Emergency" summons to pull out the usual trash (plastic bags, towels, etc) from the drain pipe that the inmates flush down, and on my way up from Basement to get to the elevator that goes from the first floor to the Jail, I pass by the main elevator landing where the elevators that go to public parts of the building are, I see two youths beating a girl or young lady ferociously, while another young lady, one of the Sheriff's department Cadets, stands near the trio fighting telling them to "stop", but not very loudly, meanwhile all the young men/boy Cadets who are most of the "guards" at the main entrance stand far back wide mouthed.

Without slowing my step I continued on to the the elevator that just goes to the Jail, and while I wait for it about 5 Police Officers from the Traffic Division at the other end the building come onto the scene together, at their arrival the two youths run outside wirh impressive speed.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I had previously signed out for vacation days, so I could visit my father, who is dying of a brain tumor at a hospital Psych ward, where he had been placed against his will because the staff at the hospice he was at say he was violent.

I had seen just how removed from reality my father has become, and when I last saw him he told me that "I don't ever wan to see you again", so I stayed away for a month, but the Physicians caring for him say he is very likely to die soon, so I had resolved to visit him anyway, but both days, I couldn't bring myself to leave my car, which I stayed in for almost ten hours on Tuesday, and over eleven hours yesterday, because I just couldn't have the courage to face again the descent of my father into madness and death.

I"m back at work, and unlike Monday, when I closed seven Service Orders, today I've only repaired one sink for the DA's, and the usual drains up in the Jail, which needs still more repairs, but instead of going back up to the Jail, I'm hiding and writing this post.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

20. - Top - End - #1370

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post

On Monday I received my usual "Emergency" summons to pull out the usual trash (plastic bags, towels, etc) from the drain pipe that the inmates flush down, and on my way up from Basement to get to the elevator that goes from the first floor to the Jail, I pass by the main elevator landing where the elevators that go to public parts of the building are, I see two youths beating a girl or young lady ferociously, while another young lady, one of the Sheriff's department Cadets, stands near the trio fighting telling them to "stop", but not very loudly, meanwhile all the young men/boy Cadets who are most of the "guards" at the main entrance stand far back wide mouthed.

Without slowing my step I continued on to the the elevator that just goes to the Jail, and while I wait for it about 5 Police Officers from the Traffic Division at the other end the building come onto the scene together, at their arrival the two youths run outside wirh impressive speed.
    I mean, I'm not sure what anybody would have expected from you. You aren't equipped to handle that situation. The people who are supposed to were there, albeit not being effective.

That's like saying that you passed by a raging fire, with firefighters standing outside staring, not even knowing what to do, and you walked past. Nobody should expect you to race into a fire to possibly save someone you don't know. Especially when the trained and equipped people are already there (and apparently scared, themselves).

So maybe a little un-empathetic (though given the situation and people involved, empathy isn't necessarily deserved), but not cowardly. At all.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I had previously signed out for vacation days, so I could visit my father, who is dying of a brain tumor at a hospital Psych ward, where he had been placed against his will because the staff at the hospice he was at say he was violent.

I had seen just how removed from reality my father has become, and when I last saw him he told me that "I don't ever wan to see you again", so I stayed away for a month, but the Physicians caring for him say he is very likely to die soon, so I had resolved to visit him anyway, but both days, I couldn't bring myself to leave my car, which I stayed in for almost ten hours on Tuesday, and over eleven hours yesterday, because I just couldn't have the courage to face again the descent of my father into madness and death.

I"m back at work, and unlike Monday, when I closed seven Service Orders, today I've only repaired one sink for the DA's, and the usual drains up in the Jail, which needs still more repairs, but instead of going back up to the Jail, I'm hiding and writing this post.
    That's rough, man. But again, I'm going to disagree with your conclusions.

My grandma died recently (I'm a bit younger than you ) after years of decline through Alzheimer's. For the last few years, she didn't recognize us. She barely responded to stimulus. She, frankly, wasn't my grandma. She was never abusive, fortunately, but even the changes she went through were enough to reduce the frequency of our visits significantly. I had no desire to see her in such a state, and I don't think she would have wanted to be remembered as such. Instead, I chose to remember her as she was, to give the majority of her life tribute, rather than this end portion where she wasn't herself anymore.

She passed away, and I don't believe I made the wrong decision for myself. Others may have chosen differently, and that's fine, but for me this was the correct choice.

You aren't being unempathetic or cowardly in choosing your own well-being over his. You never have a responsibility to subject yourself to abuse for the sake of others. Even close family. Heck, ESPECIALLY close family.

I assume you had a decent relationship with the man before his decline? I assume you cared for each other, or else you wouldn't be so torn up about the situation, right? Think of how he was then. He would probably hate that visiting him has become a chore, laden with abuse. Heck, he might even tell you not to do it, if you can't do it without the abuse happening.

Maybe it's worth it to try again. Maybe not.

But those who love you will want you to take care of yourself. And it's not cold or cowardly to do so.

Be well, man.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ve4grm View Post
    ....Be well, man.

Thank you.

You're very kind

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

With the fight at the jail, I don't think it's unreasonable for you to stay out of it when there are others on scene who are supposedly trained for this kind of thing. It's not your fault they weren't putting a stop to it. Besides, given what you're going through with your dad, I can see how you might not have a lot of empathy for others to spare right now. That's only human.

Speaking of which, I'm sorry you have to watch your dad go through this. I don't have any advice to offer, but what ve4grm said sounds pretty good to me.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

With the fight at the jail....

Thanks, @Velaryon, your kind.

FWLIW, the fight between the young men and the young women wasn't up in the seventh floor Jail (where I was going to do repairs), but on the first floor near the courts.

Lots of fights in the Jail this last week as well though.

Spoiler: General whining
    Show
    I also noted that tents are appearing on the sidewalks near work again, but not as many as were there before last year's clearances.

And this month I thought I was free of clearing drains for the "Medical Examiners" (Autopsy) since they moved to a new building, but I was sent to unclog their drains, as they flooded multiple restrooms because they flushed "baby wipes", and there was still that unique smell.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

@2D8HP. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. You've always been nice and I think that you're a good person. Hang in there.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2018-02-12 at 08:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

@2D8HP...

Thanks, for the kind words 8BitNinja.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Bugbear in the Playground

It took me a looong while to realize that the clone and storm trooper's armors were different.
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2018-02-14 at 03:29 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=2D8HP;22842601]Thanks, for the kind words 8BitNinja

No problem, just hang in there.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions

In reading some posts I'm starting to realize that reading comprehension isn't enough for me to understand some messages, I also have to be able to think and/or feel certain assumptions and to share enough of the writers point of view in order to understand what their meaning is, and that my mind is too ridgid to even temporarily do that limits me.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

In reading some posts I'm starting to realize that reading comprehension isn't enough for me to understand some messages, I also have to be able to think and/or feel certain assumptions and to share enough of the writers point of view in order to understand what their meaning is, and that my mind is too ridgid to even temporarily do that limits me.
    Do you have an example?
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Do you have an example?

I don't feel comfortable quoting examples, so instead I'll quote someone else who felt the same way I did about some posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    I swear to the Goddess half of the time I don't even understand what you are saying; Am I the only one?... .
    But also stuff like "The Market should decide" is just so alien to how I think I just can't follow any of the rest of some arguments, which shows me how ridgid I and closed minded my am.

I feel like Captain Picard at the beginning of the Darmok episode.