New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Douglas chuckled at the interaction between the two siblings. "I've got two who bicker as well."

He then scratched the back of his head. "And ah, I see. There aren't really any powerful psychics in Johto that I know of, so some of that went over my head, but it sounds like you've got a good handle on what you can or cannot do. Or shouldn't."

And a smile. "If anything, I'm a bit jealous - being able to actually /talk/ to your pokemon must make understanding them a lot easier. Not to mention, of course, I can't begin to imagine how you can use abilities like that."

"Choke?" Zon poked his head nearish Ambrule, a little curious about being able to see through the pokemon. Truse tapped him on the shoulder as a warning.

"So is this your first time away from... Unova, right? Or have you been traveling around yourself. And also - uh, presuming you're going to be utilizing that HM, you may want to head back towards the pokemon centre to get it applied safely, heh."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

"Hehe, it always does. I wouldn't call myself a powerful psychic. OF course that's in reference to Unova. I hear things can be a lot tougher there compared to other regions.

Talking was complete chance. Bullet actually taught himself how to make the proper sounds. Everyone else it was a natural ability. And four of mine don't say anything. Still, when half of my carried team break into spoken argument, it can turn a few heads.

This is my...third time doing from Unova to Kanto. It's quite the journey, actually. I dock all the way up in Snowpoint, and after that it's a very long hike to Lavender Town.

Yeah, I plan on teaching it to Era."

(Yes, that was a joke about the games)
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. Maybe I should go exploring as well - it seems to have done you a world of good. I'm a pretty lousy pokemon trainer, though."

Douglas shook his head. "I was learning how to properly administer TMs, but there's always a lot to learn about, so I didn't complete that. I mean, I could probably help out, but it can be painful if not done properly - but a lot of people try anyway without a nurse..." Douglas trailed off for a moment, interrupting himself before going into a list of medical details that were neither asked for nor terribly helpful - and he noted Truse shake his head slightly. Yeah, too much information.

Thus! "So are you going to rechallenge the gym? Or get in some more practice first for a later time?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, I'd have to go to a center. I don't know how to even use this thing." He waves the HM in a fashion that suggests he doesn't even fully know how it works, let alone how dangerous it can be for the Pokémon. "I'll train a bit more. Maybe try again in a week. I'm in no hurry to get home. Certainly remember to bring the rest of my team this time."

Show

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Zon, at this point, tried poking at Ambrule, rather ignoring Truse's warnings.

Douglas nodded. "I've got several pokemon who like battling now, so I may have to do similarly. Although you know - challenging the gym itself didn't actually occur to me. Still, I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for it yet."

He turned towards the centre, figuring Zachariah wanted to get going. "Would be as good a goal as any - especially after all that with Rayquazza."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrule shivers at the touch for a second, then just stares. "I can understand Pokémon as well. It would be more polite to ask."

"Well you never know. It comes down to practice, or sometimes just good common sense.

I think heading to the Center would be good. I was wanting to go buy a few TMs. Thought teaching Ambrule Toxic would be a good idea, but I can always do that in Celadon. They probably have a wider TM selection at their department store, anyways."
    He gets up and starts toward the Center, Ambrule and Bullet following.

Show

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Zon blinked, primarily at the reaction, and eventually stated, "Oh - er, sorry, did that hurt? Sorry. But my hand went right through you! Are you real? My name is Calzoncillo! I like Zon better."

Truse inhaled, and exhaled, but watched - Zon learned his last lesson via a blast to the face... but hopefully it was one he'd actually learn, so he opted to not step in. That said, though, if Ambrule seemed /too/ annoyed he'd pull Zon away.

"Celadon? I've heard of it a lot - usually by people compairing it to Goldenrod." Douglas crossed his arms. "Although I find it hard to believe that a city can be larger than Goldenrod." Douglas pondered for a moment, as the group reached the centre. Primarily, frankly, about Raleigh. He had to get stronger - and fast - if he was ever going to catch up.

"Mind if I come along? I could use the practice - and being out in the field may help. A wandering medic is then always helpful to have nearby."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrule rolls her eyes. "No, but it's annoying. I'm not a Shedinja; I'm still a living being."
    "You think that's big? You'd get lost in half the cities in Unova. Castelia and Nimbasa are crazy huge.

Sure, let's get this applied and then we can head off."

Show

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Augh...great, and now she's crying."
    He just has a hand in his palm.
    "Look, kid, I am five seconds away from just punting you off of the top of my gym and saving myself the headache of watching you. Grow up and recognize that plans that end in murder typically have casualties. Seriously, though, why do you hate people so anyway?"

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara frowns and tries to wipe away her tears. "It's...it's none of your business..." She says between sniffles. "You have all these explosive pokemon around...it's your fault for not being able to control them and putting them in a dangerous environment!" She said crossing her arms clearly trying to feel better by putting blame elsewhere.

"I came because apparently finding you let me get a pass thingy at this gym and my friends wanted to train here."
    She said nodding at her friends. "Now I found you...so there."

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"They were wilds recently brought in. Of course I couldn't control them! As for dangerous, they're considered pests outside of this hall! As in they call exterminators to get rid of them! I do my best to keep them safe!"
    Rage flares in his eyes as you bring it up.
    "You know what? Fine. You want it? Full team battle, tag team."
    He pulls out a pair of pokeballs, and sends out a weezing and a pitch black nidoking, before grabbing his own throwing knives.
    "You know what that means, right? Or does that fall into the same category as the concept of actions having consequences?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-03 at 05:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It means two fight at once." Kara says glaring as she nods at her two friends Stratos and Zayne.

Spoiler
    Show

Loyalty scan on Nidoking
    (1d20+5)[11]
    Edit: all I know is if the loyalty is 4 or not

Zayne moves to be six squares away from Nido and uses Sand Tomb.
    Stratos moves to be four squares away from Nido and Weezing and uses sing on both

Sand Tomb on Nidoking:
    (1d20)[1] vs 6+physical
    (1d12+30)[39] x2
    Trapped for: (1d4+1)[3]

Failure

Sing
    Nidoking: (1d20)[20] vs 11 SUCCESS!
    Weezing: (1d20)[4] vs 11 Failure
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-03 at 06:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Sludge the altaria, Venn."
    The two heads breathe in, and then launch foul smelling sludge at Stratos. Meanwhile, the nidoking begins snoring.
    (1d20)[17]2+special defense
    (1d12+39)[45]
    Sludge creates a Column 2-meters wide. Sludge poisons all Legal Targets on 15-20 during Accuracy Check

The two of you reach the center without issue. Please list who is getting this HM applied.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-04 at 11:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara growls as she sees Stratos get sick. Especially since without a pokeball she wouldn't be able to shield Stratos from the sickness. "Stratos come back and drink this!" Kara said pulling out a full heal. "Zayne, keep up the assault!"

Spoiler
    Show

I assume we are using more video game type tag battles since I doubt Koga is a tag battler class and if we aren't I'm pretty much screwed in this fight.

Stratos's turn is spent with the full heal.
    Zayne's moves closer (within 3 squares) to the weezing and uses dragon breath. If the Nidoking and weezing are within 3 squares of each other it hits both (creates a column three meters long), otherwise just the Weezing

Acc: (1d20)[5] vs 2+special (Paralyze on a 15-20)
    Dam: (1d10+23)[24]

If it hits Nido also...
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[7] vs 2+special, paralyze on a 15-20)
    (1d10+23)[26]

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

"To the Kirlia, please." Era steps up to the nurse.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

"Haha, I'll have to see that to believe it. Mind if I help?" He asked, directing the question at the nurse. "I could use the practice, if you wouldn't mind the help."

Douglas took a couple minutes assisting the nurse with Era. His job was primarily to get things, to hold, to do all the very basic components without being the technical person.

Then once his role there was done, to Zachariah, "Actually - I remember that they were having a sale near the safari zone, so it's possible that TMs may be cheaper here than expected. Of course, that was ages ago - before the voyage started - so it's probable that it's been over for a bit now. May be worth glancing into, though."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Koga has the feature that lets you use two at a time.)
    Wake up roll-(1d20)[6]-must beat 14
    Zayne hits with the dragon breath, but most of it slides off. It just misses the nidoking. Venn is down to 66 HP!
    "Use double hit, Venn."
    It smacks into Zayne twice.
    (1d20)[16]3+def
    (1d20)[14]3+def
    (1d20+15)[21]
    (1d20+15)[28]

Era is quickly treated. You are good to go, would you like to follow Doug's lead?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-05 at 12:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

"Why not? It's practically on the way there." Zachariah follows Doug to where he leads the duo.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    (Koga has the feature that lets you use two at a time.)
    Wake up roll-(1d20)[8]-must beat 14
    Zayne hits with the dragon breath, but most of it slides off. It just misses the nidoking. Venn is down to 66 HP!
    "Use double hit, Venn."
    It smacks into Zayne twice.
    (1d10+22)[31]3+def
    (1d20)[15]3+def
    (1d10+22)[27]
    (1d20)[3]

Era is quickly treated. You are good to go, would you like to follow Doug's lead?
    Kara growls as the thing hits Zayne twice. Why did it seem like every fight things went bad for her, but great for her opponents. The Nidoking would wake up any minute now and she had to make the match fair quickly.

"Stratos the dragon fire breath thingy!" Kara called out before nodding at Zayne to come back and then nodding at Alba to head out.

Spoiler
    Show

Switch Zayne out.
    Stratos uses dragon breath with the 3meter line thing

Vs. Weezing
    (1d20)[8] (15-20 paralyze) (ignore speed)
    (1d10+22)[31]

Vs. Nidoking
    (1d20)[15] (15-20 paralyze) (ignore speed) YES
    (1d10+22)[27]

Alba jumps in and launches a confusion from far away. (Aka 10 squares away from Weezing. Its snipy time...)
    Vs Weezing
    (1d20)[3] vs 2 (confuse 19-20) (of ****ing course..60 damage and it probably fails =_=)
    (2d8+22)[30]x2
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-05 at 01:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20)[14] must beat a 12.
    Venn takes 16 damage! Venn takes 50 damage! The nidoking takes 11 damage! The nidoking is at 83 HP! The nidoking is paralyzed!
    Venn gets close, and hacks up more sludge at Alba this time.
    (1d20)[10] 2+sp def
    (1d12+39)[49]
    The nidoking is up!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-05 at 01:30 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Bah ignore the tank that is in your face and run across the battle field and target my level 17... =_= All my guys are low leveled and are going to keep getting one shotted almost -__-

Kara growled as they ignored Stratos and went after Alba.

"Run away again..." She mumbled.

Spoiler
    Show

Alba shifts 8 squares away and snipes with confusion. Hope this hits/finishes otherwise I'm screwed...

vs Weezing
    (1d20)[15] vs 2+special evasion 19-20 confuse
    (2d8+22)[30]x2

Stratos swaps with Zayne to snipe the Nidoking with a sand tomb and keep him out of the battle hopefully...I need to one vs two these guys >.>
    (1d20)[4] vs 4+physical
    [roll]1d12+30[roll] x2
    Trapped: (1d4+1)[3]

Well hope that paralysis works...It'll take Koga a turn to switch weezing out and somebody else in and if the paralyze kicks in that gives me a turn to retreat/gang rape the Nido
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-05 at 01:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The weezing faints!
    "Venn, return! Echidna, you're up! Typhon, Come here to get the paralysis removed!"
    He pulls out a berry with one hand while juggling two pokeballs and a knife with the other. With a deft flick of the wrist, he somehow manages to recall the weezing, send out a nidoqueen that seems to have metal plates growing out of her in strategic locations, and feed Typhon a berry, freeing up his movement even as he plows through the sands Zayne was whipping up.

EDIT: Wrong notes, sorry. It's supposed to be steel/poison, not psychic/poison.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-05 at 09:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Curse you Koga! Curse you!

Kara stomps her foot getting more and more upset the longer the fight went. It was a good thing that Rayquazza had focused her power or she'd probably be having a little psychic temper tantrum by now.

"Zayne out, Stratos in, dragon breath those two! We need at least one busy at all times!" Kara begged. "Alba! Keep up the long ranged support, do NOT let them get near you, you're still a baby!" She said pointing at the Nidoking.

Spoiler
    Show

I gotta say the free shifts really makes up for the stupid no pokeball defense. Damn you poison screwing my pokemon...

Stratos shifts in with 3meters of the Nido team: Dragon Breath
    Vs Nidoking
    (1d20)[5] (15-20 paralysis...please)
    (1d10+22)[28]

Vs Nidoqueen
    (1d20)[13] (15-20 paralysis...please)
    (1d10+22)[24] (half damage)

Alba uses a long range confusion on Nidoking. Trying to stay 10meters away from everyone.
    (1d20)[7] (19-20 confuse)
    (2d8+22)[36] x2

Edit: curse the dice gods...This turn is going to hurt. If the 10 meters is enough for Alba I might not get murdered =__=
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-05 at 02:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The nidoking just flat out ignores the confusion attempt (poison/dark). The breath is more effective. Typhon takes 8 damage from that. Typhon is down to 86 HP. Echidna takes 5 damage. Echidna is down to 92 HP.
    "Both of you, poison jab Stratos!"
    The nido pair rush in, and launch punches at Stratos.
    Typhon:
    (1d20)[3] 2+def
    (2d12+41)[61]
    Echidna:
    (1d20)[20] 2+def
    (2d12+40)[53]
    He avoids Typhon easily, by fluttering to the side. Unfortunately, this gives Echidna all the opportunity she needs to slam into him hard. Several quills stick into the altaria, and he looks slightly ill.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-05 at 02:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Ouch. Additional crit damage...
    (2d12)[13]

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I hate you...steel and dark? So much for my best counter =__= And a crit. Further proof the dice gods hate me. I think I need to kill off Kara and make someone else lol.

"Ugh...I suck at this...fighting is stupid..." She mumbles kicking the ground and jumping up and down stomping her feet. "Come back you two somehow that Nidoking is blocking your confusion! This stupid book lied and said psychic worked on poison!" She said throwing the rule book on the ground.

"Zayne, back in with a sand tomb on the Queen! Chuchu, toss a thunder wave at the King!" Kara said hoping that she could lock the two down in order to give her sometime to think.

Spoiler
    Show

King is auto-paralyzed, no roll. Chuchu is 6 squares away from combat.

Zayne's sand tomb...PLEASE WORK
    (1d20)[8] vs 4+defense
    (1d12+30)[34] x4
    Trapped for (1d4+1)[4]

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas heads to the pokemart, Truse aiding him as usual, Zon close behind. The sale was probably over by now, but maybe there was still something.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You manage to connect this time, and Echidna bellows in pain. You do 80 damage to her. Echidna's down to 12 HP.
    (1d20)[11]damage
    Meanwhile, Typhon looks angry as he's slowed down. He tries to move forward and fury attack Zayne.
    (1d20)[15]-resist paralysis

(1d20)[14]-must beat a 4 each time+def
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[12]

(1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[16]

Meanwhile, Doug and Zach move towards the mart, until a kid bumps into you. After a quick apology, the kid heads off.
    You feel like the stuff you're carrying is slightly lighter.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-05 at 04:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"NO!" Kara yells seeing Zayne faint. Quickly she moves over to him trying to stay out of the way as she tries to figure out a way to get him off the battlefield so he wouldn't be hurt in the cross fire. Quickly she tries to think of what to do. Zayne had been her best bet to defeating the Nidos due to their resistance to psychic. Now she was in trouble.

As she looked over she saw the one was trapped in the sand and would faint before it could do anything. However, the paralyzed one was still hitting hard and fast and was somehow immune to her psychic attacks.

"Ummm Tina, take Zayne's place again. Hit that Nidoking with a wrap! Chuchu, get out and switch with Star, Star, water gun!" Kara called out.

Spoiler
    Show

Zayne is down...great.

Star, water gun on Nidoking from 10 squares away
    (1d20)[4] vs 2+special
    (2d6+19)[24]

Tina wrap on Nidoking
    (1d20)[7] vs 4+def
    (1d12+23)[25]
    Trapped: (1d4+1)[3]

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah stops. Boy, stop right there unless you want to be well and burnt without a chance to defend yourself.

Doug, stop and find the ball for your main battled if it isn't Truss or Zon. Some punk pickpocketed us and I'm hoping to solve things peacefully, but I'm not confident.

Ambrule, invisible et le suit (follow him).
    The voice is dead serious. Ambrule vanishes, though a faint infrared light is visible to those sensitive to the wavelength floating quickly toward the boy. Zachariah mentally grasps Bullet's ball and waits to see whether the boy keeps running or whether he has common sense.

Show