New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

@Waylander Did you just start a new religion there? Because I thought you could only do that with a Faith of five. In case you weren't aware, on Morphs page and the linked one, you only, have four in Faith.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-01-20 at 11:07 AM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I'm now interested in taking a look at this Godhood game. Are posts more action-focused or more cinematics-focused, as you'd say?
    Heavily more cinematic focussed. You only get two "Actions" per round, which you can stockpile up to a max of 6. Though your God has stats for fighting, so they can still do other interactions aswell. Look for yourself here.

Edit: Yeah, how did Waylander start a religion? Also the mention of Hypocampus, midbrain, and telencephalon feels really out of place in a setting where we're still trying to develop plate armor and are in the early medieval ages.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-01-20 at 12:20 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #543

Also, wouldn't the breeding process count as a C5 special? I don't know what Morph would say, but that seems like a large jump for routine research.

4. - Top - End - #544

Yeah, maybe the mention of the different brain parts is a little bit overkill. I'll fix that into something more simple. Could not resist the temptation, being a biology student and all :P. But yeah, I admit that was a little foolish of me.

As for the breeding, I have curiosity 5, so I created the method (Technology) to tame and domesticate them. This is indeed my technology curiosity use for Marius Earthguard.

As for the faith related matter, I did not start a new religion....yet.
    I am planning to start one. This is just buildup towards it and ment to raise my Faith to 5.

Edit: fixed and clarified my actions
    Edit PS: Added the Kasumorian Calendar to my country information post. If somebody wants to use it, go ahead (WootWoot cultural influence)
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-01-20 at 02:23 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Added fluff, may have to go back and edit cause I could feel myself getting tired and hurrying as it got to the end. That's what I get for sending my leader out, there's too much to talk about then ;P

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

Current Alliances Map (Military not counting trade) Let me know if I missed anything.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #547

I think the Dwarven Alliance (as yet unnamed) should be on there. 13, 15 and 21 at present. Doing one that includes the Eastern Trade Bloc might be a good idea; I get the feeling it's soon going to bet at least quasi-military.

Anyone (dwarf or otherwise) have a suggestion for the name of the Dwarven Alliance? I'm thinking something like the Silver Concordat, but any ideas will be welcome.
    Bit of an open secret now, the Dwarven Alliance may soon become a general underground alliance.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D20ragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My friends! Harken to the words of Czar Demetrius VII, Ruler of the Southern Republic of Sidvarsa, and his esteemed daughter, Marquis Darlessa, heir to the crown, and ruler of the northern provinces!
    Ahem. My countrymen, welcome! This year has been a good one to our land of Sidvarsa! Our trade is going nicely, the livestock have prospered, the wheat harvest is well underway, and best of all, our famed navigator Reymond D'clou has returned, bearing evidence that our earth is indeed a globe! Is this not splendid news? [Only you care, father. The people need someone who actually listens to them.] Our republic is the most educated, well respected, and prosperous on this earth! [And yet, with such a vainglorious fool steering it, we are destined to fail.]
    Of course, as many of you already know, I have granted my daughter and only heir Darlessa possession of the northern quarter of our country, for her to rule! And a fine job she has done of it too! Why, in just a year, she has doubled the efficiency of our farmers flour production by, er harnessing the raw power of... Well...

Darlessa stepped forward, brushing her fair hair out of the way.

[What my dear old father means to say, is that I have trapped the wind, and made it do my will.]

She moved to the side, displaying a miniature windmill.

[When the wind turns this wheel, my friends, the grindstone turns as well, with no effort at all on our part, save to lay the grains of wheat beneath stone. And that is not all. Using a intricate system of gears, I have managed to utilize the same design for water! I have already begun construction of a water powered drill which will enable us to mine resources undreamed of!]

Now now dear, let's not get carried away with this all. I'm sure your toys are marvelous, but they pale in comparison to the knowledge that are earth is round! Round! The mind boggles!
    [With all due respect father, I disagree. Your discoveries do not feed bellies. Mine do, and what's more...]

Czar Demetrius VII is 47, old for a Sidvarsan, a rather plump man, his long red hair fading to grey, his bones becoming creaky, though he is still full of the fire of youth, and possesses enthusiasm in spades. His mind is as sharp as ever, and, as ever, filled with ideas of exploration. He longs to claim the moon, outlandish as it seems, and spends long hours into the night gazing at it, working in his latest madcap scheme. He is exuberant, rollicking, and careless, and though his palace is always full of the latest guests, his ears are often closed to the complaints of his people. Herein lies his greatest fault. He would willingly help his people, but frankly, he just doesn't care enough to. "Oh, they'll figure it out" he says. "The draughts not too bad. And besides, I think this moon boat of mine might really work! Would you care to stay for lunch?"

His 14 year old daughter Darlessa, born of a union of the Czar and his chief engineer, is everything her father is not, save the fact that she too is brilliant. The affairs of the people are her greatest concern, and she is forever locked away in her workshop, creating tools to raise Sidvarsa to a major world power. A slim woman, Darlessa is aging fast, even for a Sidvarsan. Her hair is already white, and her eyes are growing dim behind the shine of the silver implanted in them. Her main fault is her lack of compassion. She cares for the people, but truly, she sees them as useful tools. And one must take care of ones tools, mustn't they?

Curiosity: 5
    Diplomacy: 2
    Military: 1
    Luck: 1
    Faith: 1
    Population: 19,000
    Spoiler: People.
    Show
    The people of Sidvarsa tend to be tall, with blond or red hair, and skin tanned by the sun. Most are rather vain, and many improve their appearance by implanting precious gems in their eyes, by a process known only to them. They prefer bright colors, and tend to dress in the finest clothing they can afford. Their buildings are colorful as well, and tend toward high, arching ceilings, outdoor courtyards, and roman columns, alongside large porches and masque-like domed roofs. As a whole, the Sidvarsans are not a religious people, tending to prefer science and philosophy to blind faith. Most do respect their ancestors, however, and follow a practice of setting an extra chair at the table for family members who have passed on.
    To get into a debate with a Sidavarsan, is, some say, as difficult as trying to thread a needle blindfolded. They will argue tenaciously, and if their point begins to lose, they will switch to another, defending it just as readily. A old chestnut tells of a Sidvarsan who argued for a month that rain was dry, and at the end of the month, when his opponent finally agreed, changed tack, belittling the other man for his utter stupidity, and holding that rain was indeed wet.
    In addition, they are proud, ambitious, and somewhat aloof, though friendly. They merely consider all others "less enlightened", and pity them.
    An average Sidvarsan has about 130 IQ, though the northern and southern provinces make use of it in astonishingly different ways. In the south, whimsy theory and exploration rule the day, where as in the north, men's minds turn to machines of steel and steam, machines to serve man, and improve their lot in life. Though Sidvarsa has an astonishing amount of brilliant people, they are limited by their brief lifespan. Most only live to 30, some to 35. As a result, they mature a great deal faster, children learning to speak in several months.

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    The lands of Sidvarsa are rocky and mountainous in the north, with fields of wheat growing on hard ground. A great pit opens up in the earth, made visible for miles by the machinery surrounding it. Known as "Darlessa's Mine," it her current obsession, and home to her water powered drill. Her palace, in addition, is worth mention. Built to her specifications, none are allowed in without her consent, which she rarely gives. Hellish lights burn in the windows, and shrieks of pain are sometimes heard echoing from within. It is no secret that the prisoners of the northern republic enter there, rumored as test subjects. Few come out. A few whisper that Darlessa has made a bargain with a demon of some kind, but others point to her machines, and how they help the people.
    In the south, a marked change in climate occurs. Here, the land is fertile, dotted with pastures, vineries, and silk farms. A warm breeze blows in from the ocean, bringing ships from far and wide to Kaspus, the royal city. Though the palace is marvelous, a wonder of masonry and metalwork, it's huge dome glinting in the sun, the true glory of Kaspus is the The Global library of Exploration. This huge building, which appears to be a huge globe, continents and all, was built in honor of the discovery that the world was round. It holds countless maps, charts, atlases, textbooks, and tomes, as well as the headquarters of the Horizonswalkers, the Czars personal explorers and mapmakers.

Spoiler: Trade.
    Show
    The Northern Republic mainly exports metals, particularly gold, as well as wheat. In the south, silk is the main trade, though wheat still covers many a pasture. Most of the few farmers grow wine grapes on the side.
    However, Sidvarsa is in desperate need of workers, as well as livestock, to a lesser extent. Their short lifespans means that the Sidvarsans deign to farm much, preferring enjoyable exploits, and most dislike heavy labor.
    All right, I got all compile-y.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2014-01-20 at 07:16 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

What are your 3 resources and 1 import necessity, D20ragon?

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

I presume those will follow later, as will religion, and he's still compiling it all together before acting in the IC thread.

By the way, D20ragon, are water-powered drills something that existed in ancient times, or will you be spending a Curiosity 5 action on it on your first turn?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Would anyone be interested in forming a bond between our ruling families? Ryella (after this round 15 years old) is aviable for a betrothal if somebody is interested.
    Berati will be 22; if the age difference is acceptable on your side we'd be happy to work something out.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Leaving the Eastern Trade Bloc off until it officially becomes a thing.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

I presume those will follow later, as will religion, and he's still compiling it all together before acting in the IC thread.

By the way, D20ragon, are water-powered drills something that existed in ancient times, or will you be spending a Curiosity 5 action on it on your first turn?
    I'll be spending the actions.
    Also, religion is in there with people.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2014-01-20 at 07:10 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Morph, is the scale on the map the same as erm... well you know? 'Cause them some looooong tunnels...

15. - Top - End - #555

Yeah, I'd like to second that. It's a bit odd to have tunnels from…a certain place to another, at this scale.

Show

16. - Top - End - #556

Maybe with an above ground outpost every 50 miles or something?
    Just throwing ideas out there.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

17. - Top - End - #557
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    I think the Dwarven Alliance (as yet unnamed) should be on there. 13, 15 and 21 at present. Doing one that includes the Eastern Trade Bloc might be a good idea; I get the feeling it's soon going to bet at least quasi-military.

Anyone (dwarf or otherwise) have a suggestion for the name of the Dwarven Alliance? I'm thinking something like the Silver Concordat, but any ideas will be welcome.
    The Earth Pact? For them people below the Earth?

Also, what long tunnels?
    Last edited by Percy; 2014-01-21 at 04:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Leaving the Eastern Trade Bloc off until it officially becomes a thing.
    Very nice. Figured you'd go with stripes for countries that are in multiple alliances, good on that.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Hey Morph, is the scale on the map the same as erm... well you know? 'Cause them some looooong tunnels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to second that. It's a bit odd to have tunnels from…a certain place to another, at this scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Maybe with an above ground outpost every 50 miles or something?
    Just throwing ideas out there.
    I figured so. Above ground outposts (or at least underground resting posts where there is a small mushroom/goat farm or such) every so often is a good idea. Prolly the underground version is better, aboveground posts would defeat the purpose a little, especially safety-wise.

Distance-wise, I'm thinking about half of Earth standards would do. This would make the current west coast from the northernmost part to the tip of region 9 about 1000 miles. This would make tunnels between Keldagrim and Razdis (and Eyrecradia) easy enough, while with Sulvan's Fury it'd still be a long way. Which it would've been anyway, considering there are several countries in-between, and while they're closer in size to some European, Asian or African countries (excluding such like Russia or China) rather than Canada, Brazil or the US, they're definitely no Liechtensteins.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm seeing a lot of saved actions...is that allowed?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe the original rule was that we had 1 week for each round, but could hold our actions for as long as we wanted within that week. So holding your action is just so you can respond to people posting after you during that turn.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of saved actions...is that allowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    I believe the original rule was that we had 1 week for each round, but could hold our actions for as long as we wanted within that week. So holding your action is just so you can respond to people posting after you during that turn.
    That is correct.

Also, I've worked out the rules a bit more. I will post them in a few hours as I work on wording. For some of them I will want the players' opinion on them first before implementing them, due to some things changing rather than simply expanding.

EDIT: Figured I should add to that as a note that these rule changes would effect Attribute 5 actions as they are. How many players have spent an action on one so far, btw?
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-01-21 at 10:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Gunung []
    Region 1, Chacmon
    Population: ?
    Terrain: Lava Belt, Small mountains, White plume mountains, Golden vale.
    People: Berapi (Demi-humans, red-skined, high body temperature and very heat resistand), Itzli culture.
    Resources:
    • [Good] iron/steel,
    • [Good] Obsidian,
    • [Good] Adamantium.
    Import necessity/great desire: wood.
    Religion: Lord of fire (as a spirit of fire and the great volcano), volcano spirits, ancestor of the royal famaly as prophet and volcano pacifier
    Technologies: Adamantium forging.

Spoiler: General/History
    Show

The Gunung country looks like a large expanse of mostly mountains from a distance, a closer look however reveals that over 60% of these mountains are in fact volcanoes. It is around these volcano’s that the ancestors of the present day Berapi first settled farming the extremely fertile soil on the volcano slopes and forming warring tribes where an eruption changed the political landscape more often then war.
    This lasted until the reign of Acal the clan leader of the Iyolloco tribe came up with the idea to use the rare and extremely heat resistant adamantium found in Itztetl to create what is a system of drainage canals to tame the volcanoes. (Think primitive medieval Dutch waterworks with lava instead of water) With this advantage Acal managed to unite al Berapi tribes in the Gunung kingdom. On a side note, Gunung is the Berapi word for volcano.

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    Gunung is a large mountain region composed mostly of volcanoes rather than actual mountains. Farming happens on the slopes and in the valleys of these volcanoes and the city’s of Gunung are located in the main lava chambers of the volcanoes that have had drainage canals installed. Roads wind through the valleys and mountain passes. The large fortresses in the mountain passes and frequent patrols means that these are mostly safe. The land itself is divided in 4 distinct regions each with it’s own features.
    • Small mountains – A misleading name, the mountains and volcanoes here are actually quite large. It is named like this because the central volcano of the region; Acachto (meaning first) dwarfs al the mountains around it. Acachto used to be the regions most active volcano but nowadays it’s main lava chamber is the site of Gunung’s capital Itzli. The surrounding volcano city’s nicala and oontetl are small outposts by comparison.
    • Lava Belt – The southern region, composed of highly active volcanoes. The lave of these supply’s most of Gunungs obsidian making this region the centre of its construction and weapons industry. Two lava chamber city’s are within this region; cali and tocha.
    • White plume mountains –The northern region named after its mostly calm but constantly smoking volcanoes and the frequent snows. It contains the second largest volcano city of Gunung; Iztac. Most of Gunungs iron and steel comes from the lava of this city’s canals
    • Golden valley –A place of past glory, The very fertile Golden valley (between the two white stripes on the south eastern part of the region 1 map) used to be the breadbasket and most populus region of Gunung until Acal “tamed” Acachto and started farming it’s slope. Nonetheless this region remains one of Gunangs agricultural centres and the site of it’s largest (and only) aboveground city; tonatiuh

Note: the actual terrain features as far as game play are concerned are, fertile land, mountains and volcanoes

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The Berapi are descendants from humans who became extremely resistant to heat before living memory. If this was a natural process or a blessing of the lord of fire remains a topic of much debate to this day. Berapi can breed whit al species humans can breed with any species humans can.
    Berapi skin has a reddish hue and their body temperature is several degrees higher then that of normal humans. Their most notable feature is their extreme resistance to heat however although outsiders sometimes comment that the prevalence of red and white hair among the Berapi is more noticeable.
    Culture:
    For most of their history the Berapi where warring tribes that fought over the stable volcanoes and the Golden valley because of this they still have somewhat of a warrior culture although this has lessened in recent years as the tribes have become more and more unified. The modern day culture Itzli culture is focused towards working for stability and trade rather then war, but considers the maintenance of its military part of this stability. Cooking is considered a communal activity in the city’s where it is done on large cooking platforms next to the central lava lake of each city.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Gunung has more than enough farms to sustain its people and city’s where the food is stored in separate (cooler) rock cambers. Most other resources from gold to meat and furs is part of the bounty of the mountains although none of it is exploited in great enough quantities for extensive export. Special attention needs to be given to the lava canals and what the Berapi scoop from them with crude Adamantium shovels.[*]Adamantium – This extremely heat resistant metal is the pride of Gunang and is scooped from the lava canals of its capital in great quantities. Molten adamantium cools much slower then al other known metals but once it has cooled it is almost impossible to melt or even warm it again. The downside to this is that adamantium is extremely hard to refine and work with and as of 330 the Berapi can only pour very unrefined adamantium that is more brittle then iron. Under Topiltzin the first the amount of Adamantium that can be scooped from the canals was increased significantly[*]iron/steel –The lava canals of Iztac are blessed with a unique feature, a large amount of molten iron. Most of Gunungs iron and steel is scooped from the lava of this city’s canals.[*]Farm produce (grain and vegetables) –Under the rule of Aitah the first Gunungs farms where expanded allowing for the production of more food than the people need, which means the excess can be stored or traded.[*]Obsidian –The primary building and weapon material of Gunung is found mostly in its southern regions where it is both mined from its volcanoes and scooped from the lava rivers of its city’s[/LIST]
    In addition to this the Berapi use pumice stone as a lightweight building material and sulphur as an accelerant to help start the (rare) wood based fires (mostly in villages and Tonatiuh).
    Wood is rare in Gunung with all the woodland found in the Golden valley used for tools and Tonatiuhs cooking fires. Because of this large wooden objects like furniture are a much vaulted luxury good in Gunung. Having a carved wooden door is considered the height of opulence and the throne of Gunung is was carved from the second largest tree in the kingdom hundreds of years ago.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    The Lord of Fire is the (unenforced) state religion of Gunung. Like most people they do of course have some specific ways of worshipping however:
    -The lord of fire is also considered the lord of volcanoes and through this father of the earth
    - Acachto is thought to be his place of birth and as such Itzli is home to the extremely opulent (and much larger then the royal palace) step pyramid temple of fire’s birth which contains an ancient statue of the lord of fire carved from what was Gunungs largest tree. The top contains a brazier that is always lit using sulfur harvested from surrounding volcanoes.
    - Acal, tamer of volcanoes is considered a prophet of the fire lord (and indeed the person who converted his people to the fire lord)

Spoiler: Education and Military
    Show
    Education is mostly taken care of by the clergy with all temples having halls of learning nearby where the children of Gunung are educated. Beyond this very basic education all Gunung citizens are required to spend at least 2 years in the military.
    -Those who show an aptitude for learning our priesthood are brought to the temple of Fire’s birth for further education.
    -Most people either take up an apprenticeship (usually with their parents),marry or stay as soldiers after their mandatory service is over.
    -The army, called yaoc mostly patrols the mountain passes, occupy the border mountain pass fortresses as well as the fortresses build in the entrance tunnels to the lava city’s
    -there are a lot of old fortresses in poor condition inland from the clan era that are now longer really used as anything more then outposts or stops along the roads
    -Service in the army is mandatory from either for 2 years except in the case of pregnancy the age of admission is either 16 or 18 but most Berapi serve a “full term” of 4 years (age 16-20)
    -Unlike most military’s the Gunung make extensive use of obsidian for both armour and weapons

Spoiler: Technologies
    Show
    Gunung is currently at the early Medieval stage, with no additional technologies
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-03-10 at 11:44 AM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Post Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

Reserved for Gunung royal family

Gunung Aitah the first
    Diplomacy: 3
    Military: 2
    Curiosity: 4
    Faith: 2
    Luck: 2
    Rolls:

Aitah was an inovative ruler focussed on improving the lot of his people and ensuring decent relations with his neighbours and trade.

Ages shown are in 355

dead (with age at time of dead)

Former King: Aitah the first, 60
    Kings wife: Teopixqui, High priestess of the lord of fire, 53
    1st son: Topiltzin, 28
    2nd son: Ipiltzin, 24
    Daughter: Noch, 20

Current King: Topiltzin, 28
    Wife: Tlatla , Priestes of fires birth , 24
    Son: Aitah (second),7
    Daughter: Teopixqui (second),7
    Daughter: Ichichi,4
    Son: Itlah (second),1

Brother of the king(widow): Iccauh, Prince of the Lava belt, 50
    Niece of the King,princess of the Lava Belt: Notlacoi,22

Sister of the former king: Cihuatla, Princess of the white plumes, 43
    Husband: Cihuah, master smith, 44
    Son: Iconeh, 30Married into Kasumors ruling family not dead

Uncle of Aitah the first: Itlah, Prince of the Golden Valley, 97
    Daughter of Itlah: Tepi, Princes of the Golden Valley, 40
    Son of Tepi: Ilhuih , 4

Spoiler: Royal customs
    Show

The line of succession:
    Oldest child not married into an other lineage inherits
    -The heir should have a child of its own at age 25
    -royal children serve a full round of 4 years in the army if practical
    -royal family member outside the main line only inherit if all main line candidates are dead or have renounced their reigths to the throne
    -heirs may renounce rights to the throne, but only if an other heir is available
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-03-10 at 12:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564

The UN will not accept applications at this time, without further deliberation.
    EDIT: Actually, I need to see what others say, but it kind of depends on other applications in progress. So we'll get back to you on that.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-01-21 at 10:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565

I can't speak for the Northerners, but I'm sure you could help with the tunnels somehow. We've not started them yet, as diplomatic marriages have somehow taken up most of the turn.

I've just improved the fluff of my IC post. It seems I've accidentally made Razkai the First into quite an authoritarian ruler.

Show

26. - Top - End - #566

That is correct.

Also, I've worked out the rules a bit more. I will post them in a few hours as I work on wording. For some of them I will want the players' opinion on them first before implementing them, due to some things changing rather than simply expanding.

EDIT: Figured I should add to that as a note that these rule changes would effect Attribute 5 actions as they are. How many players have spent an action on one so far, btw?
    I did, for the rest I have not seen any as of yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

27. - Top - End - #567

I believe Percy has, to develop Mithril smithing. Also, what actions would I have to take to increase my Curiosity to 5, if that's possible?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

No response yet to marriage offers to BladeofObliviom or C'nor. I should PM them.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

By the way WaylanderX, the sister of my King (who I'm currently in the proces of naming) wil have a son (named Iconeh) of 12 (17 at the end of the first round) so a connection with my ruling family would be possible.
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-01-21 at 11:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chacmon View Post
    I will finish it throughout the day, but here ya go (pending dm approval of course)

Gunung []
    Region 1, Chacmon
    Population: ?
    Terrain: Lava Belt, Small mountains, White plume mountains, Golden vale.
    People: Berapi (Demi-humans, red-skined, high body temperature and very heat resistand), Itzli culture.
    Resources:
    • [Good] iron/steel,
    • [Good] Obsidian,
    • [Good] Adamantium.
    Import necessity/great desire: wood.
    Religion: Lord of fire (as a spirit of fire and the great vulcano), volcano spirits, ancestor of the royal famaly as prophet and volcano pacifier
    Technologies: No additional technologies.

General/History
    The Gunung country looks like a large expanse of mostly mountains from a distance, a closer look however reveals that over 60% of these mountains are in fact volcanos. It is around these volcano’s that the ancestors of the present day Berapi first settled farming the extremely fertile soil on the volcano slopes and forming warring tribes where an eruption changed the political landscape more often then war.
    This lasted until the reign of Acal the clan leader of the Iyolloco tribe came up with the idea to use the rare and extremely heat resistant adamantium found in Itztetl to create what is a system of drainage canals to tame the volcanos. (Think Medieval Dutch waterworks with lava instead of water) With this advantage Acal managed to unite al Berapi tribes in the Gunung kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacmon View Post
    Reserved for Gunung royal fammily

On a side note I'd be interested in joining the northen Alliance and helping with that dwarven trade route (since Gunung is in the middle of the route and has underground cities) where do I apply :) ?

Comments at a glance (Some of this is useful and some of it is random Nerdrage. Sorry about that. ):

• "Oh hey, someone's making Mountain Aztecs after all."
    • "Vulcano" sounds like a ridiculous Italian stereotype parody of the God Vulcan. (Spelling is important. )
    • Players don't start with the ability to smith or work fantasy metals and that level of complex plumbing basically didn't exist in the early medieval period, so starting the game with a complex magma-gathering infrastructure made from Adamantium probably isn't kosher.
    • As a rule of thumb, the areas near Volcanoes that erupt consistently enough to give a reliable flow of magma don't count as fertile because your crops will end up buried under ash and convection will start massive crop fires.
    • Iron Deposits mostly show up in sedimentary Banded Iron formations (which don't usually show up anywhere near Volcanoes) or within intrusive granite deposits. Meanwhile, Obsidian only forms during violent extrusive Volcanism, so it's a little bit weird to commonly see them both in the same place.

As for the whole Union of the North thing, it's a touch complex and tricky diplomatic territory. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    No response yet to marriage offers to BladeofObliviom or C'nor. I should PM them.
    You seem pretty cool, but I'm an aromantic asexual and I barely know you anyway.

More seriously, it could work. (Even if she's basically an old maid by medieval standards. )
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-01-21 at 11:12 AM.