New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    I disagree, I had barely heard of Q before watching Discord but still loved him
    I thought of Discord as Sheogorath of Elderscrolls, though Sheogorath do more good for Nirn like Music (rip out a woman's spine and made instrument) and convince the Chimers (Dunmer's ancestor) to move to Morrowind. And Uncle Sheogorath give you Wabbajack if you help him.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    He is awesome, though if he hadn't had Q as a voice actor, he might not have been paid so much attention.
    Response contained below.

Spoiler
    Show

Allow me to direct you to Delancie's extensive list of roles throughout his filmography. This guy may be most well known as Discord & Q, but he's also had some impressive roles in some other stuff.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    If you don't mind me so saying, the only things I saw the ponies trading in show were mainly food ad potions... I don't see the "unique and powerful items" thing. And even so, it seems like there'd sooner be a war to claim the items rather than just a trade, if you ask the pessimist in me anyway.
    Well the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000... is the size of a locomotive, moves on its own, can harvest an orchard in minutes, and with AI quality control make reasonable quality cider. And runs on magic.

Then there's letting a pegasi owned turtle tortoise fly.

And nevermind stuff we don't know what it runs on like kitchen equipment, internal lights, modern medicine, trains, and so forth. Even an arcade game in one bit. At one point the official handwave was almost literally "a unicorn did it"

Use by Pegasi and Earth ponies means at least a fair bit is exportable either by being tech or magitech.

Humans from before at least the 19th century will be all hot and bothered to buy pony goods.

Plus, talking horses. Even if they didn't look MLP Style, we hardly accepted each other with different color skin; ponies not only have different color skin, but are also horses.
    Thing is that's more complex then modern humans in their desire to establish themselves as firmly more enlightened then there moron ancestors like to admit. I remember an episode of NuWho where the Doctor and Martha (who's black) were in Sheakespeare's time and she asked if she wasn't going to get hauled off... and the answer was No and she shouldn't worry about it. That while certainly not common there were people of African descent living freely in England at the time. Everybody rants about the Crusades, but who do you think Europe bought spices from for centuries around, between, and during them?

There's something more important though you are missing: Humans opinions don't matter in the Equestrian Exchange

Humans can be as mean and nasty as they want, but ponies are in the position of stength. They don't want to sell to humans, humans are SOL. Consider if you can only reach Equestria by boat. Now consider how steamships only came into their own in the latter 19th century, before that you went by wind and weather. And pegasus ponies control the weather. Ponies have all the advantages in the relationship.

4. - Top - End - #34

The thing is, the Ponies back then were evil. These guys don't seem like they'd try to kill Dee Dee just because of a mistake.
    Is this an actual opinion, or is this another case of Ino comparing things to evil without knowing what he's talking about?

Because if it's the former, how informed is it? Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon seen an earlier-gen episode? No, they're not FiM, but the Megan continuity is mostly pretty watchable.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #35

Last edited by Topaz; 2012-10-30 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added Ponies: The Roleplaying Game
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Is this an actual opinion, or is this another case of Ino comparing things to evil without knowing what he's talking about?

Because if it's the former, how informed is it? Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon seen an earlier-gen episode? No, they're not FiM, but the Megan continuity is mostly pretty watchable.
    I was talking about looking back at the MLP parodying/mocking episode before MLP: FIM was released.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though the Dexter's Laboratory, GI Joe vs. My Little Pony Episode episode was mostly about how not to look at a book by its cover. Even though Action Hank is manly, he never did bad things to Dexter who was wearing as proto-Brony. But Pony Puff Princess has psychopathic hatred for Action Hank, contrary to sweet look. But it is still funny to see how Lauren's husband (may include her) made fun (either affectionate or deconstructive) of MLP franchise before this.

So, who would win if Action Hank go toe to toe with G4 Mane Cast in an honor combat?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope Hank got to "see" their upgraded badassery (either by hooves, magic missles, or Party Cannon).

Yeah, I kinda watched Megan G1 when I was 10 years old. The pony were like Hobbits in high fantasy universe (with humans, catfolk, gnomes, and elves).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

I never said humanity would win... It stinks being a stupid monkey... A saiyan, on the other hand...
    But at least as a stupid monkey you get to go Super Saiyan.

If ponies came in peace, we wouldn't, and we'd enslave them to learn how they do their magic and fly.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

love that new pony smell
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

That is all.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

After-thread-Cleanup
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Really? I pictured the Mane Six as level 11
    Basically, a task of this nature would require the most experienced of unicorns, and, well, in a world where level determines a chunk of your skills, one needs to be an incredibly high level to be an incredibly good doctor/nurse/diagnostician/occultist/etc pony. You don't see these moderately-levelled health ponies around, because they're usually off taking care of more important patients, such as spissitude or the concept of wood.

After all, there has to be higher-levelled ponies than the Mane Six Sans Derpy Plus Applejack. Otherwise, who else wrote all those books in the library?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Perhaps they have simply built up their tolerance to the energy involved, through frequent exposure?
    Certainly a possibility!

In other news, I've had like three people ask me what kind of caek I want for my birthday, but I have no clue of what kind I want.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I think I've died and gone to Tartarus.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh look, a wild Lyra Grif has appeared.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oh look, a wild Lyra Grif has appeared.

I Lyragrif? Half horse/half lyre, all mystical.

Pony pic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-10-17 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Consider if you can only reach Equestria by boat. Now consider how steamships only came into their own in the latter 19th century, before that you went by wind and weather. And pegasus ponies control the weather. Ponies have all the advantages in the relationship.
    Even without weather control. How many dudes can you ferry on boat into unfriendly territory? The handicap in numbers alone should give conquistadors trouble. And I doubt ponies are susceptible to human disease, so there's no advantage to be had from sudden population drop and crumbling society.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I Lyragrif? Half horse/half lyre, all mystical.

Pony pic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm. I'm oddly disappointed I was expecting that pic to be some kind of pony with a lyre for a body.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-10-17 at 04:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    (there was an image here)
    That is all.
    An actual horse doing the horse-riding dance. I commend the artist for remembering to make the pony's hair bounce.
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-10-17 at 04:29 AM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Obligatory new ponythread post.

And away I go, never to be seen again!!

Aw heck, I'm kidding, I'll post something I'm sure, but for now just want to make this thread easier to see.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

No, in this case he's absolutely right. As t209 has said, he's specifically referring to the Dexter's Lab episode Decode of Honor. (If you're interested, a google search should turn it up somewhere.)

Basically, a summary of the episode is Dexter and Deedee are both get a decoder ring from their respective cerials (one pony puff princess and one Action Hank), with a set of instructions to be decoded that will initiate them into the appropriate fanclub. They naturally get them mixed up. The bulk of the episode is Dexter and Deedee, mystified, but game, following the steriotypically "girly" (like wearing a tutu and picking flowers) and "macho" (sic), borderline jerk (like pick on a wimp and getting a tattoo), instructions, being concerned that if they don't, their fanclubs won't except them. The denouement is when Dexter arrives at the Action Hank club, in his tutu... For a moment it looks like he's going to get pounded; but then, in typical McCracken standard, plays against the expectations, Action Hank and the other club members (all huge, muscle-bound men, not a child among them...!) all have a laugh about it (it being apparetnly a common mistake). Until Action Hank says they need to go and rescue Deedee from the Pony Puff Princess (who loathes "action-y" things) and is lowering Deedee into a boiling bowl of cinammon raisen oatmeal. Cue a short but hilarious fight between pink ponies and ridiculously steriotyped muscle men, while Deedee is released and finds the mix-up less than amusing.

(A wiki search indicates that it would be during the Pony G2 period, but is thus likely mostly drawing from G1 inspiration.)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No, in this case he's absolutely right. As t209 has said, he's specifically referring to the Dexter's Lab episode Decode of Honor. (If you're interested, a google search should turn it up somewhere.)

Basically, a summary of the episode is Dexter and Deedee are both get a decoder ring from their respective cerials (one pony puff princess and one Action Hank), with a set of instructions to be decoded that will initiate them into the appropriate fanclub. They naturally get them mixed up. The bulk of the episode is Dexter and Deedee, mystified, but game, following the steriotypically "girly" (like wearing a tutu and picking flowers) and "macho" (sic), borderline jerk (like pick on a wimp and getting a tattoo), instructions, being concerned that if they don't, their fanclubs won't except them. The denouement is when Dexter arrives at the Action Hank club, in his tutu... For a moment it looks like he's going to get pounded; but then, in typical McCracken standard, plays against the expectations, Action Hank and the other club members (all huge, muscle-bound men, not a child among them...!) all have a laugh about it (it being apparetnly a common mistake). Until Action Hank says they need to go and rescue Deedee from the Pony Puff Princess (who loathes "action-y" things) and is lowering Deedee into a boiling bowl of cinammon raisen oatmeal. Cue a short but hilarious fight between pink ponies and ridiculously steriotyped muscle men, while Deedee is released and finds the mix-up less than amusing.

(A wiki search indicates that it would be during the Pony G2 period, but is thus likely mostly drawing from G1 inspiration.)
    Ah, I remember that ... good times, watching way too much Cartoon Network

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Ah, I remember that ... good times, watching way too much Cartoon Network
    Me and my oldest sister always found Dexter's Lab especially amusing, since (aside from the reversal of ages) we saw a lot of our interactions in those between Dexter and Deedee. Not as bad as that, obviously, but if you were to have made a parody of us, Dexter's Lab would more-or-less it...! (They even had that one episode with D&D...!)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Spamalot in the Playground

Finally finished Pony Fantasy VI. Lost Fluttershy in the final series of battles, but that was my "Xanatos Gambit" because--
    1. If she didn't die, I had a bag of high-level swords to throw at Discord
    2. If she did die, next up was Celestia who had a Gembox/Economizer combo.

The game apparently realized this because it kept Discord constantly trying to knock Celestia down. However, also on the team were Twilight and Trixie who make a really awesome combo team. They got Celestia back up and she finished discord with a double-cast Ultima spell.

FF6 has the best ending of any game. Ever.
    It just feels... so satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    [Long Image Inside.]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um... yay?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Mmm, ponythread first page. So delicious. *Licks thread*
    And what is this thread's flavor? Cherry? Grape? Steak?

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Discord is cool and amusing. Fanon Discord is utterly terrifying. I prefer Fanon Discord.
    Depends on the fanon. I always prefer the goofy and amusing Discord. Being silly seems more his style than being terrifying in my opinion. My top fav fanons are the comics of Discord interacting with Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon.
    Pure comedy gold, most of those.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I thought of Discord as Sheogorath of Elderscrolls, though Sheogorath do more good for Nirn like Music (rip out a woman's spine and made instrument) and convince the Chimers (Dunmer's ancestor) to move to Morrowind. And Uncle Sheogorath give you Wabbajack if you help him.
    And he knows how to do the Fishy Stick.
    (It's a delicate state of mind)

Use by Pegasi and Earth ponies means at least a fair bit is exportable either by being tech or magitech.
    The weather control alone would be worth a Bazillion Bits.

(They even had that one episode with D&D...!)
    D&DeeDee! That was one of my favorite episodes.
    "Dexter, I can't see!"
    "Use the force!!"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-10-17 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Concise
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Me and my oldest sister always found Dexter's Lab especially amusing, since (aside from the reversal of ages) we saw a lot of our interactions in those between Dexter and Deedee. Not as bad as that, obviously, but if you were to have made a parody of us, Dexter's Lab would more-or-less it...! (They even had that one episode with D&D...!)
    Even if Deedee is younger (I can't remember, is she?) she's still the "bigger" sister physically. Dexter is a tiny little man. She always seemed like the big sister to me, regardless of age. Maybe I'm biased, 'cause of having a big sister myself.

Anyway, yeah, Dexter was awesome, but then ... I pretty much liked all their classic shows. Courage the Cowardly Dog was my personal favorite. Also watched a lot of Powerpuff Girls, actually. In fact I bet if FiM had been around back then I'd have happily watched and loved that too, even without the massive following.

Sad to say, though, as much as I watched these things I don't remember a lot about them.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Even if Deedee is younger (I can't remember, is she?) she's still the "bigger" sister physically. Dexter is a tiny little man. She always seemed like the big sister to me, regardless of age. Maybe I'm biased, 'cause of having a big sister myself.
    Deedee is canonically older. (Which is, as I say, the opposite of me and my sister.)

Sad to say, though, as much as I watched these things I don't remember a lot about them.
    It may or may not be strictly accurate in this case (as I can't remember whether you're one of the older ones on the thread or not), but it made me think (given it's come up on other threads recently) it always just makes me laugh a little when people say "oh yeah, I used to watch that when I was a kid!" when I think that I watched it as an adult (well in age, though I perhaps should make no claims about mental age... Mind you, they said I was always middle-aged, even at eleven, so...!)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It makes it a non-issue really. I can't see the ponies being merciless to their enemies and humanity would learn the lesson fast. From there the humans would likely adopt more ponylike ideals and overall society would improve faster.

Well the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000... is the size of a locomotive, moves on its own, can harvest an orchard in minutes, and with AI quality control make reasonable quality cider. And runs on magic.

Then there's letting a pegasi owned turtle tortoise fly.

And nevermind stuff we don't know what it runs on like kitchen equipment, internal lights, modern medicine, trains, and so forth. Even an arcade game in one bit. At one point the official handwave was almost literally "a unicorn did it"

Humans from before at least the 19th century will be all hot and bothered to buy pony goods.
    Ah, you're refering to the incredibly advanced technology they had. I took the wording a bit too litterally. Though I'd hate to see what humans would develope from that technology back in the times where people were still considered property....

Thing is that's more complex then modern humans in their desire to establish themselves as firmly more enlightened then there moron ancestors like to admit. I remember an episode of NuWho where the Doctor and Martha (who's black) were in Sheakespeare's time and she asked if she wasn't going to get hauled off... and the answer was No and she shouldn't worry about it. That while certainly not common there were people of African descent living freely in England at the time. Everybody rants about the Crusades, but who do you think Europe bought spices from for centuries around, between, and during them?
    .... fudge, I think you exceeded my bandwith. Are you saying that it wasn't as black and white back then as a lot of people would have believed or thought of it? While that's certainly true, I still say that I'm just saying that it's hard enough for humans to interract properly; I'm not even sure what ponies would look like in the real world, and if they were like the only thing on the planet at this momment that we have to compare them to (actual horses)...

...hm... I'm actually not sure now. People might not have been close minded enough back then to be confused by a different species at the same or greater level of sentience than themselves... maybe they were. What would we do now in a situation like that? I wonder hw we'll interract if we get a chance to talk with Aliens before both sides start trying to kill each other...

There's something more important though you are missing: Humans opinions don't matter in the Equestrian Exchange
    I didn't miss that point at all. I already know that modern time ponies wouldn't need anything from primative monkeys, and there are far too many ways we'd be screwed if we tried to fight for what you've got.

Thinking about it that way, it seems like it's a bit of a loaded question, this meeting of older humans and current standard ponies. What would 14th century era pony technology be like, rather than the modern technology and magic devices they use in the show today? Granny Smith had a brief slash back when first planting... I think it was the Zap Apples off of the top of my head, that seemed to involve a slightly lower tech level of society, at least fr the momment, though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    But at least as a stupid monkey you get to go Super Saiyan.
    Humans are the stupid monkeys. Saiyans are Saiyans. Frieza's just a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous & Soras Teva Gee
    PONY GANGHAN STYLE!
    ... I posted links to that like 2 threads ago.... I'm still trying to learn that dance.

... it wasn't like that at all, actually...

Action Hank finds a kid dressed up in a tutu: he and his gang have a laugh, then go save the kid's sister.

Evil Ponies find a girl dressed up in combat gear: boil her alive in cinammon raison oatmeal.

No, seriously.

Also, before, I had just been going along with the running gag about being assimilated into the herd. Most people don't enjoy being assimilated!

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I was talking about looking back at the MLP parodying/mocking episode before MLP: FIM was released.

Though the Dexter's Laboratory, GI Joe vs. My Little Pony Episode episode was mostly about how not to look at a book by its cover. Even though Action Hank is manly, he never did bad things to Dexter who was wearing as proto-Brony. But Pony Puff Princess has psychopathic hatred for Action Hank, contrary to sweet look. But it is still funny to see how Lauren's husband (may include her) made fun (either affectionate or deconstructive) of MLP franchise before this.

Yay!

... wait. How many Pony Gs are there again? I thought we were on 5th gen for some reason....

Ah, I remember that ... good times, watching not enough Cartoon Network
    Fixed that for you. I still love going back and figuring out some of the stuff I didn't catch at the time.

From that episode specifically:

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee
    ... But Dexter, your club is for big "I-D-K-S-C"s!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter
    I... D.... K... S.... C.... hey! I'm gonna tell mom!

That's one thing that I love about Friendship is Magic: those little references that some people wouldn't normally get... like the viagra thing, and twilight being annoyed as to drink... hilarious.

Deedee was there when Dexter was born, and Dexter was shown having only grown a little since his birth... he's like a non-evil Stewie Griffin!

Anyway, yeah, Dexter was awesome, but then ... I pretty much liked all their classic shows. Courage the Cowardly Dog was my personal favorite. Also watched a lot of Powerpuff Girls, actually. In fact I bet if FiM had been around back then I'd have happily watched and loved that too, even without the massive following.
    Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Cow and Chicken, Power Puff Girls.... there was -LOTS- of awesomeness back then, man.

You need to go rewatch them, then!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-17 at 08:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I appreciate you Bleakmane. That was a good story. By good, I actually mean macabre, and by story I actually mean short sequence of pictures with a small number of words, but yes, it was a "good story."
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Um... yay?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope you're pleased with yourself, Ma'am.
    Unqualified Success! These are delicious reactions. Joyreaper, get me the publishers and a tequila sunrise!

Moving on, uh.
    The thing about Dexter's Lab, even compared to a number of it's contemporaries, is that it was easy to follow and still hilarious even with the sound off.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Deedee is canonically older. (Which is, as I say, the opposite of me and my sister.)
    Ah, I misread your post, then.

It may or may not be strictly accurate in this case (as I can't remember whether you're one of the older ones on the thread or not), but it made me think (given it's come up on other threads recently) it always just makes me laugh a little when people say "oh yeah, I used to watch that when I was a kid!" when I think that I watched it as an adult (well in age, though I perhaps should make no claims about mental age... Mind you, they said I was always middle-aged, even at eleven, so...!)
    Well, I'm about to turn 30 ... and I watched the Powerpuff Girls well into my early twenties. I've always loved cartoons, and never really managed to see myself as an adult either.

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Cow and Chicken, Power Puff Girls.... there was -LOTS- of awesomeness back then, man.

You need to go rewatch them, then!
    Cow and Chicken was one of those I didn't really care much for. I mean, I watched it occasionally, but it just didn't really ... I don't know, it seemed a bit lame a lot of the time. Ed Edd and Eddy was fun, though.

And seriously, I can't even keep up with new stuff, and I have a ton of things to watch, read and/or play, not to mention write. There's a reason I almost never read any books or fanfics twice either, I'd never get time to read anything new.

In that light, it's truly amazing how many times I've watched each episode of FiM. I think I've seen all of them many, many times by now.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cow and Chicken was one of those I didn't really care much for. I mean, I watched it occasionally, but it just didn't really ... I don't know, it seemed a bit lame a lot of the time. Ed Edd and Eddy was fun, though.
    There's more where that came from! Samurai Jack? Time Squad? Kids Next Door? Lots of good oldies....

Well, I'm about to turn 30 ... and I watched the Powerpuff Girls well into my early twenties. I've always loved cartoons, and never really managed to see myself as an adult either.
    ..... something just dawned on me.

How many of you guys are 21 (as in turned 21 this year) or younger? I just got the impression that a lot of you are actually older than myself.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-17 at 09:02 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

There's more where that came from! Samurai Jack? Time Squad? Kids Next Door? Lots of good oldies....
    oldies............

*feels positively ancient
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am 31 and I remember a lot of those shows. Only one I got into late was Ed, Edd, and Eddie. It is good but you need to watch it for the more subtle humor. Same goes for stuff like Cow and Chicken. Cartoon shows in the 90's had a great deal to work to. Batman, Superman, Teen Titans helped get back a lot of DC followers due to not being hokey like The Justice Friends. Even CN did spoofs on these because of how bad they were. A lot of crap got past the radar in the 90's.

Toonami helped show how wonderful old shows like Thundercats and Voltron were. Even He-Man was an okay looking thing compared to some of the stuff today. As an example Dexter's Lab was great for the humor as well as refrences to a mix of shows where Jonny Test is a more like the old Beetlejuice cartoon. Heavy of sight gags then on humor everyone can get.

Ahh memories. Btw who here has seen Goodfellas?
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW