New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Classic XII

Woo hoo, I'm in the lead.

Current standings:
    Bruntonspall - 5 (voting for Julian84)
    Julian84 - 4 (abstaining)
    Annon - 3 (bruntonspall)
    Castaras - 3 (Appears to be self pointing, that might be a bug in my counting software though).

There are two people still abstaining, Julian84 and Robz_defhedz, and I've successfully pulled all the votes off of the cleared villagers and power role claims, so when I die and am proved a villager I hope the villager network gets it's act together and finds a werewolf.
    Note: Voting for me is not terribly suspicious, I'm definately in the suspicious list.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    Castaras - 3 (Appears to be self pointing, that might be a bug in my counting software though).
    Could it be due to the fact that he quoted someone pointing at him? You may want to account for that.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

I was gonna vote for Annon earlier, for the liability factor, but I only had my phone net, and couldn't send the post.

I'm wary about being perceived as a late tipper here - but I just don't really see bruntonspall as acting very wolfy. He's basically cool with sacrificing himself for analytical data, which should scream villager, right?

(Glub) I'm sorry my dear boy, but there appears to be a good deal of evidence such that even if your not numbered among the fuzzie wuzzies, your probably inadvertently helping them (Glub) If you survive, call this a warning and sharpen up your game, wot? (Glub)

4. - Top - End - #754
    Odd Fielding
    Guest in the Playground

Did you count all the people voting for burtnonspspalll?

I don't think bruntonspall is a wolf, mainly because the strategy of trying to get the villagers to write off the death of a seer as "acceptable risk" is a bit too subtle. And, as you can plainly see, also a bit too risky.

I'm also calling off my vote for Ramsus, partly because apparently no one else is voting for him anymore, but also given he's a new player, his defense isn't all that suspicious. He just wants to live!

(On the other hand, maybe his defense is suspicious because a more experienced player would have known that the way he defended himself was suspicious? Ummm...)

Annon is too paranoid to be a wolf, unless that's a side effect of the lycanthropy maybe? Someone quote me a medical journal on this.

Unless they've got a really good facade, you can probably write off anyone who's posting a lot and accusing a lot of people. A wolf is more likely to overthink everything they say and avoid posting at all to avoid drawing attention to themselves. In other words, the more someone seems like a wolf, the less likely they are to be one. That's also the reason claiming seer works, because a seer is likely to act the same way for the same reasons.

But...ultimately I'm going back to voting Project_Mayhem because no one else seems to want to be the one to kill the fish!

Or if Ramsus was more experienced he would have known that if we knew he wasn't experienced, we would know he wouldn't know that, and that he also wouldn't know that he wouldn't have defended himself that way if he did know, but he isn't, so he didn't?
    Last edited by Odd Fielding; 2010-09-30 at 05:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #755

Goblin

(Glub) That is because stringing up what is very clearly hallucinatory doesn't paint a spectacular picture of your mental stability (Glub)

*Grazes some fishfood from the pond*

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Fielding View Post
    Unless they've got a really good facade, you can probably write off anyone who's posting a lot and accusing a lot of people. A wolf is more likely to overthink everything they say and avoid posting at all to avoid drawing attention to themselves. In other words, the more someone seems like a wolf, the less likely they are to be one. That's also the reason claiming seer works, because a seer is likely to act the same way for the same reasons.
    The barber is quiet as he finishes cleaning the hair trimmings off the neck of his latest charge, listening to his point deeply. After a pause, he speaks:

"Sir, that is some FINE logic. However, I would counter-claim that tossing a lot of names around could be wolfish too. From what I understand, the wolves can communicate in a series of grunts, growls, and howls (or as is known in the New World I believe, 'Private Messages'). Sure, we villagers can too communicate in that way, but think sir! Were I to start grunting and howling at you, you would claim me mad- with good cause! And if you were a wolf (pardon the insinuation, sir, I am just making a point), you would hear gibberish that could be roughly translated to 'look at me, I'm a free meal. Please disembowel me and feast upon my entrails!'

Pardon as well my crude imagery. Earlier I cleaned all my scissors and combs, and I may have inhaled too much of the barbicide! My brain may be a bit addled, but my sinuses are so clear!

My long-winded point is that the wolves could be leading the rest of us villagers in who to lynch- a horrible idea indeed- by working together to not only cause paranoia but to hedge the votes of undesirables, like thus Burton fellow, whoever he is.

Now, sir, I must close my shop for lunch- I also need to take some Laudanum to clear up this awful headache."

As the gentleman is about to leave, the barber says one last thing, "There's one person in town who needs watching today I think. He's been changing his mind over and over all day long, starting and disbanding bandwagons at his leisure. Ghanz Nmi is that man.

On a lighter note (I so hate to end conversations on a dour one)- you say there is a talking FISH in this colony?"

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

Today's random point goes to razovor
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

8. - Top - End - #758
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Horoar View Post
    Could it be due to the fact that he quoted someone pointing at him? You may want to account for that.
    Yup, although it's user error not the software's fault. that is indeed the issue. So only has 2 votes not 3.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    Yup, although it's user error not the software's fault. that is indeed the issue. So only has 2 votes not 3.
    O.o

Nah, I'm pointing at EK, as was stated in my previous post (the one before the quote).

Just because I need random people to point at because I'm not paying much attention atm.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ya ok, Bruntonspall for the sheep point.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

project mayhem cause i still feel like chowin down on some seafood
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

12. - Top - End - #762
    Barbarian in the Playground

My brain just collapsed as I tried to play a little catchup on the posts here.

So for now, as I know which two NOT to vote for, I shall have to Abstain from voting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, it looks like it's gonna be either Julian84 or bruntonspall. I've constructed a short list of some points I wanted to consider relating to these two before jumping on a bandwagon.

Day 1:
    Both voted for Grag day one. Internet Flea was lynched. Nothing big, first day lynch is pretty random.
    Ghanz Nmi pointed at bruntonspall; Philistine pointed at Julian84.

Day 2:
    Julian84 voted third on the Grag bandwagon; bruntonspall voted for Murska. Grag was lynched.
    Horoar pointed at bruntonspall; I pointed at Julain84.

Day 3:
    Julian84 voted for The British; bruntonspall didn't vote. VampireRot was lynched.

Day 4: (It's really only day 4?)
    Julian84 is abstaining; bruntonspall is voting for Julian84.
    There are a lot of points so far, but I think it's bruntonspall - 6 / Julian84 - 4

I don't think there's too much to go on from just the basic actions... I really don't know who to vote for between the two, but I'll vote for Julian84 because the day should be over and I still haven't voted yet.

EDIT: My first paragraph didn't make sense in the context that the day should have ended... revised slightly.

Old paragraph:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it looks like it's gonna be a race between Julian84 and bruntonspall where the finish line is a hangman's noose. I've constructed a short list of some points we might want to consider relating to these two before jumping on a bandwagon.
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2010-10-01 at 12:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Day 3:
    Julian84 voted for The British; bruntonspall didn't vote. VampireRot was lynched.
    Yeh, can't believe I missed a whole day, I think I thought I'd voted or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Day 4: (It's really only day 4?)
    Julian84 is abstaining; bruntonspall is voting for Julian84.
    There are a lot of points so far, but I think it's bruntonspall - 6 / Julian84 - 4
    That's my count too, although of course your point makes it bruntonspall 6, Julian84 5. But I'd need 2 more votes for Julian84 to not die since I got to 6 first.
    Waiting for day end, the noose. Face it with a smile I always say

15. - Top - End - #765
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant’s report:
    Discovered another strange note, sir. This one was pinned down in the middle of the square. Seems relevant to our present difficulties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious note:
    For the information of all: There are among you two who have been using the natives’ traditional methods of identifying the werewolves in their midst. However only one of the two has been performing the rituals correctly.
    Additionally, it seems one among you has discovered the means of applying wolfsbane for protection.
    I imagine both sides of this conflict will be interested in the identities of these individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orders for all military personnel:
    Keep me updated on anything which seems related to this. Any indication that we may have found one of these individuals must be reported to me, as it could prove key to our survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant’s preliminary report:
    Bit of a debate going on here, sir. Two men claiming to be the ones doing the rituals. Entirely separately from each other. One says he’s definitely the one doing them wrong, other isn’t sure. Only we’re not sure if one of them might not be lying about it. Wolves trying to throw us off the scent, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain’s log:
    This could be just the thing we’ve been looking for – it’s true the werewolves could be wanting to trick us, and undoubtedly they’d love to draw out this person with the ability to identify them, and kill them before they have the chance... and an argument does seem the easiest way to bait them. However we must assume for the moment that these are indeed our benefactors. Oh, the possibilities, this could be so helpful, I-
    Quote Originally Posted by Message for the Captain:
    Man here saying that these two must be the two, because otherwise the real ones would contradict them. Reckons trading this ritual-using-person for a wolf would be a good trade, so why should they bother staying hidden? Says once we’ve done the trade like that, the other wolves’ll be found easy enough by just applying our brains, etc.
    I don’t much like it sir, but I thought I’d ask your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain’s response:
    He’d have this benefactor of ours just sacrifice themself for one wolf out of who knows how many? Dastardly blackguard! Execute him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain’s message:
    Actually, on more careful thought, he may simply be misguided. Carry on the debate, and send this man up here, I’d like a word with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant’s response:
    Too late for that, sir. On receiving your original orders, we immediately sprung into action and put him straight up on the gallows. Last words were something like “Once I am dead, think back on my words, and consider them well, for your own sakes.”
    Summary: bruntonspall was lynched. He was a Villager.
    Since yet again I failed to mention anything in advance and it's still fairly early game, people are let off being autolynched.
    Night 4 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Pixie in the Playground

At the risk of being lynched for the same reason I voted for Grag way back when, I'm gonna have to go with Imperial Psycho.

No IC reason... He seemed a bit untrustworthy in the past and I'm on the verge of an auto-lynching.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Pixie in the Playground

Duneyrr, for the RANDOM random.

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

18. - Top - End - #768

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Gam3r View Post
    At the risk of being lynched for the same reason I voted for Grag way back when, I'm gonna have to go with Imperial Psycho.

No IC reason... He seemed a bit untrustworthy in the past and I'm on the verge of an auto-lynching.
    Is it normal to cast votes during the night phase?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Only for the wolves.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Got You!
    Last edited by razovor; 2010-10-01 at 02:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    Got You!
    I'm curious, who is Imperial Atheist?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

It was supposed to sound similar to Imperial Psycho, without being a real vote.
    Last edited by razovor; 2010-10-01 at 02:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot- Whoops, too late. Oh wait! It's because I am!

I can't read...

[facepalm]

Still, I'll reiterate that at the appropriate time.
    Last edited by Uber-Gam3r; 2010-10-01 at 03:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

My favourite colour is Blue

What about everyone else?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Pixie in the Playground

Green no Blue

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Last edited by Horoar; 2010-10-01 at 03:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    It was supposed to sound similar to Imperial Psycho, without being a real vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orangeban
    Guest in the Playground

Purple is the best :)

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

I'd have to say Silver.

29. - Top - End - #779

OrcBarbarianGuy

I would say i'm a mix

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orangeban
    Guest in the Playground

Why silver? Silver is dull. YOU SHALL BOW BEFORE THE MASTER COLOUR!
    Remember,
    Purple Is Watching You
    Purple is Peace
    Purple is Slavery
    Purple Loves You