New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Additional concept - At least half the reason that negotiations didn't work out was because the Quincies were perfectly aware of what the Gotei was. They were, quite naturally, somewhat reluctant to leave the defence of their homes and loved ones in the hands of a bunch of psychotic monsters when they had the capability to do something about it.

Hell, if they connected the formation of Hollows to the concept of ghosts who were basically devoured by their own fear and anger, the logical response on the part of the Quincies would have been to do all they could to make sure people died happy, and that ghosts found a measure of personal peace and contentment through learning to let go rather than simply being hit with a konso (because I'm fairly sure not everyone becomes a ghost on death, and not every ghost requires a Konso - it's just the most efficient way to do it).

So, original Quincies? Totally good guys. New Quincies, not so much.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Worst/best part? A lot of the Hollows that got purified might've ended up becoming shinigami afterwards.

Meaning that shinigami killing Hollows produces more shinigami.

Which produces more killers.

By killing killers.

Irony so delicious.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Additional concept - At least half the reason that negotiations didn't work out was because the Quincies were perfectly aware of what the Gotei was. They were, quite naturally, somewhat reluctant to leave the defence of their homes and loved ones in the hands of a bunch of psychotic monsters when they had the capability to do something about it.

Hell, if they connected the formation of Hollows to the concept of ghosts who were basically devoured by their own fear and anger, the logical response on the part of the Quincies would have been to do all they could to make sure people died happy, and that ghosts found a measure of personal peace and contentment through learning to let go rather than simply being hit with a konso (because I'm fairly sure not everyone becomes a ghost on death, and not every ghost requires a Konso - it's just the most efficient way to do it).

So, original Quincies? Totally good guys. New Quincies, not so much.
    I wonder how much knowledge the Ancient Quincy had of the shinigami. Urahara's history made it sound as though it were primarily an issue of the Shinigami being slow to stop Hollows mixed with the Quincy being unwilling to forgive Hollows for those they killed, even if it wasn't done freely.

Then again, that story was given at the very beginning of the manga, so some or all of it may might very well have changed, which would be far from unlikely even if this weren't being written by Kubo. Concepts evolve and such.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    "Slaying" is when you take pages from the comic, but rewrite the dialogue, rearrange panels or change the image to create a parody...

Some bleach examples via deviantart
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow... those are -epic-....

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I actually liked the chapter. At the very least it explained why he never got his arm healed.
    .... I didn't even realise he was really injured until he was just recently killed...

As for the set of fan-theories over bleach, any chance you guys might breathe life into this concept, or is this just random imaginings? Because I very much like where this is going.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's been a while since I sat down and wrote some truly significant fanfiction. The last one I wrote for Bleach was entitled 'To be a King Once More', and basically diverged from canon just before the Fullbring saga.

Basically, Gin murders a helpless Ichigo, drags him into Hueco Mundo, and uses the sword he pinched from Urahara to return the kid's powers. The reiatsu required came from the surviving Espada instead of the Shinigami. Their reasoning? They figured they'd help him out like this, and use his gratitude and mercy (the kid is well known for making friends with prior enemies) to get him on their side. Then they'd ride his coat-tails into the Soul Society, and basically enjoy life as the retinue of a war hero.

Gin of course has his own plans, but most of the story involved the politics involved in handling a group of extremely powerful Hollows loyal to one man, when you couldn't really destroy him on account of the whole pesky war-hero thing (and some of the other Captains would revolt over it. Yamamoto was getting so many headaches.) Unfortunately, it's probably dead because I tried putting too many damn plot threads into it, out of fear that I'd just forget and sideline different characters.

But a proper expansion of this whole concept I made up in about five seconds? Yeah, I could try that. Not sure where it would bloody start though...

*stares at playgrounders*

Right, you lot. Ideas, go!
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Colossus in the Playground

If it were me I'd of had the Bach that Genryusai killed ACTUALLY be Bach, and have Genryusai learn that they've got a whole bunch of Quncy civilians that need to be killed in order to "help save the balance of the world".

Basically, make the arc a lot grayer, since it SHOULD be. Ichigo would have to fight Genryusai and the other Gotei 13.

Then again, if I WAS Kubo, I would of ended the manga after the Aizen fight, and made a new manga with Fullbrings as the main focus. Because if you look at all Kubo's work, each arc basically creates a new unique power system that's never used again.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-10 at 07:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Then again, if I WAS Kubo, I would of ended the manga after the Aizen fight, and made a new manga with Fullbrings as the main focus. Because if you look at all Kubo's work, each arc basically creates a new unique power system that's never used again.
    I've had similar thoughts; however, i was thinking more along the lines of a sequel manga series instead of creating a whole new one... Bleach had long since jumped shark and Ichigo loosing his powers while taking out Aizen made for a good send off for him and an end for his story; trying to keep current story going was probably not gonna work out well. However, there was still some mysteries and aspects of bleach that might be worth exploring, so maybe there was still potential for the bleach universe to continue on. And so you get a sequel series; a series that would allows us to start off fresh with a new main character where the power level bar is reset and we can once again build up a new storyline with a new villain. A fresh start probably would have breathed some life into the series.

Personally, I think I would have enjoyed the idea of Karin taking over as the main protagonist... she was kinda taking over Ichigo's job of taking care of local wayward ghosts, since Ichigo lost his spiritual senses.
    Spoiler
    Show

You can sometimes see a lot of potential with the series and many of its ideas.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-10-10 at 11:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1418

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I've had similar thoughts; however, i was thinking more along the lines of a sequel manga series instead of creating a whole new one... Bleach had long since jumped shark and Ichigo loosing his powers while taking out Aizen made for a good send off for him and an end for his story; trying to keep current story going was probably not gonna work out well. However, there was still some mysteries and aspects of bleach that might be worth exploring, so maybe there was still potential for the bleach universe to continue on. And so you get a sequel series; a series that would allows us to start off fresh with a new main character where the power level bar is reset and we can once again build up a new storyline with a new villain. A fresh start probably would have breathed some life into the series.

Personally, I think I would have enjoyed the idea of Karin taking over as the main protagonist... she was kinda taking over Ichigo's job of taking care of local wayward ghosts, since Ichigo lost his spiritual senses.
    Spoiler
    Show

You can sometimes see a lot of potential with the series and many of its ideas.
    Definitly agreed. Definitly.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Definitly agreed. Definitly.
    Most definetly. I thought that was where the story was going too. Until she and every other non-Soul Reaper/non-current villain got trundled off during the horrible Fullbring Arc.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
    Most definetly. I thought that was where the story was going too. Until she and every other non-Soul Reaper/non-current villain got trundled off during the horrible Fullbring Arc.
    Same here. I only read through the arc just waiting for her to pop on the scene to save her big brother and kick some sense in him.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Same here. I only read through the arc just waiting for her to pop on the scene to save her big brother and kick some sense in him.
    Kubo- Silly fans, this story's only about Ichigo.

Pfft! Honestly. This thing about the Soul Society relying on him as a secret weapon ever since Soul Society has never made sense and it's only gotten worse. Unless overcome by his Hollow or using his one-hit wonder ultimate Getsuga technique, Ichigo is weaker than about half of the captains and is much less experienced than any of them. So how come when the Qunicy's came everyone was all "We need to hold out till Ichigo get here," ? Unless they all somehow know that he's a walking Deus Ex Machina, but no in this series has ever been that genre-savvy.

You know who should be the one to burst out of that hole in the sky and save the day? Kon.
    Last edited by Slayer Lord; 2012-10-11 at 12:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Kubo- Silly fans, this story's only about Ichigo.
    Except it's not though. Uruhara was the main character of the story line up until the Fullbringer arc. Everything relates directly back to him. Ichigo is just a pawn from the start. Who actually defeated Aizen? Who actually set everything up for Aizen to fall? If Ichigo hadn't come around like a bumbling Wanna Be Shonen Hero, everything would have gone perfectly according to plan and Aizen would have died a horrific burning death if he even tried his plan in the first place. Bleach has two storyline goings on. The storyline about Ichigo trying to fix his mistake by ya know...messing up Uruhara's plan and Uruhara's story of trying to fix his mistakes and to save the people who got wrapped up in a horrible plot of a terrible (poorly written) villain. Ichigo's only real reason for fighting Aizen is...honestly because everyone told him to and he threatened his friends. Uruhara has the actual legitimate reason to go after the man who manipulated his home to exile him, turn his friends into monsters and ruin the only life he ever knew.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-11 at 01:13 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ichigo's only real reason for fighting Aizen is...honestly because everyone told him to and he threatened his friends.
    It's rather clear that Aizen's plan involved killing most of the people in Ichigo's hometown to make the Oken. Azien was the threat he was made out to be.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The silver lining of incompetent authors is that it leaves so much room for improvement in the works of the fandom, be it fanfiction, fanart, or roleplaying games.

15. - Top - End - #1425

So true. In a way we're blessed, because Kubo is really really good at coming up with ideas that are actually pretty cool, and yet he's just so bad at utilizing them that it gives fans a great freedom to play around with it. I contest that if any other mangaka (except maybe OhGreat!) had tried to do the Fullbring stuff, it would of been awesome!

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    It's rather clear that Aizen's plan involved killing most of the people in Ichigo's hometown to make the Oken. Azien was the threat he was made out to be.
    That would be the whole "Threatened his friends" bit. I wasn't saying Aizen wasn't a threat. Merely Uruhara had a much bigger dog in the fight and manipulated Ichigo and his friends from the start to distract the God Killing Abomination so he could kill him. It also doesn't change the fact that it's all Ichigo's fault any of this is happening in the first place.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

That would be the whole "Threatened his friends" bit. I wasn't saying Aizen wasn't a threat. Merely Uruhara had a much bigger dog in the fight and manipulated Ichigo and his friends from the start to distract the God Killing Abomination so he could kill him. It also doesn't change the fact that it's all Ichigo's fault any of this is happening in the first place.
    It's been a while, so remind me - what part of Urahara's plan did Ichigo mess up?

From what I recall, Aizen messed up the plan by getting Renji and Byakuya to take Rukia back to Soul Society, and then Urahara sent Ichigo after her in a last-ditch attempt to keep the Hoagie out of Aizen's hands.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm assuming the explosion in the sky is Ichigo bursting out, flanked by Urahara and whoever was blading Urahara a couple chapters ago (Obviously it's Grimmjow)

Ichigo will reveal his quincy powers, then combine all the powers he has so he has ALLLLLLLL the spiritual pressures. He can then spam Mugetsu all he wants with no consequences.

And that's the end of the quincy army. They call in Orihime to reveal her super special technique she's been working on: Mass time rejection. She covers the entire soul society and fixes every problem they've ever had, including erasing the quincy from time. Everybody lives happily ever after, and Bleach is over.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

You know who should be the one to burst out of that hole in the sky and save the day? Kon.
    .... does anyone actually remember where the hell Kon is without looking it up?

20. - Top - End - #1430

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I'm assuming the explosion in the sky is Ichigo bursting out, flanked by Urahara and whoever was blading Urahara a couple chapters ago (Obviously it's Grimmjow)

Ichigo will reveal his quincy powers, then combine all the powers he has so he has ALLLLLLLL the spiritual pressures. He can then spam Mugetsu all he wants with no consequences.

And that's the end of the quincy army. They call in Orihime to reveal her super special technique she's been working on: Mass time rejection. She covers the entire soul society and fixes every problem they've ever had, including erasing the quincy from time. Everybody lives happily ever after, and Bleach is over.
    The sad part is that the part about Orohime fixing everything is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... does anyone actually remember where the hell Kon is without looking it up?
    I did! Because I like Kon

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The sad part is that the part about Orohime fixing everything is probably true.
    I thought her name was Ori, not Oro.

I did! Because I like Kon
    I think he's a pretty cool guy, too. I just have no idea where the hell he is right now.

22. - Top - End - #1432

Right, my bad, I meant Orihime.

Kon's still busy being a lion doll.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Banned

So true. In a way we're blessed, because Kubo is really really good at coming up with ideas that are actually pretty cool, and yet he's just so bad at utilizing them that it gives fans a great freedom to play around with it. I contest that if any other mangaka (except maybe OhGreat!) had tried to do the Fullbring stuff, it would of been awesome!
    Don't diss on Ogure Ito, AirGear is visual poetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Bleach has become the mother of all train wrecks, you don't want to see/read it; but you simply canīt avoid doing it.
    I was tempted to sig this, but I resisted the urge and just crossposted it to facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I want to start refering to it as Anime's Twilight. It's just that badly written.
    I don't like Twilight, but the writing actually isn't bad. The author accomplished pretty much everything she intended to do. I even like some of the stuff she did with the media (like the blank pages on book 2).
    Also, it's a manga. Let's take this opportunity to remember how the anime was cancelled in favor of Rocky Lee's wacky series.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-10-12 at 01:49 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Banned

On some level, I think you guys are just in the habit of complaining. I still like Bleach.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    On some level, I think you guys are just in the habit of complaining. I still like Bleach.
    Well, that's good and all. Now to ask, why do you still like it?

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    The fact that Bleach is bad does not mean I don't like it.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, that's good and all. Now to ask, why do you still like it?
    I find it interesting, for one thing. For all it's tighter plotting, One Piece fails to hold my attention in any comparable way.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I find it interesting, for one thing. For all it's tighter plotting, One Piece fails to hold my attention in any comparable way.
    It was more directed at Anteros, he's the one saying we're just complaining and that he still likes the series. If he wants to chalk up our unhappiness to complaining then he should at the very least give us why he likes it. Seems fair to me, plenty of us have laid our case out for why we're unhappy with the series.

I like One Piece though this last arc is dragging a little for me. Though in the entirety of it's run only this current arc and the Skypia arc have made me go "meh."
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-12 at 11:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Banned

I like One Piece though this last arc is dragging a little for me. Though in the entirety of it's run only this current arc and the Skypia arc have made me go "meh."
    Skypea got me so thrilled!
    I think the only problem with OP is that Alabast is so freaking good and so freaking early.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

This chapter makes me hate Kubo even more. Not because it's bad on its own, though. On it's own, it's a pretty good chapter. It gives great insight to Yamamoto's, and the whole Gotei's, character.

I hate him, because I could've liked this chapter if the way events lead to it in the previous chapter wouldn't have been so damn stupid. If it was, say, Ryuuken playing bach's part, with Bach himself dead, it would be beautiful. But noooo, instead of giving Bach a legitimate win, instead of using any of his dozen other possible Big Bads to fill his place, he went with a god-awful stunt double gambit.

All my hate. All of it. Grrr.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."