New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Hidden Lab

Shog ok with this. Shog probably do that anyways. Shog finish meal first then Shog off to make a new race. Shog says before moving to the remaining bits of whale. Once finished he evaporates in a puff of mist as he moves to he new plane.

The Plane of Shog

First he needed to create a home for his people. They would do most of the work but a place to birth until they were ready to start building everything else was needed. A giant mass of stone covered in mud stretching to the skies. The entire structure is covered in holes with very rough sides to allow Shog's creations to climb in and out of the structure. The tunnels with in the mounds are absolutely massive to accommodate not only Shog but also the foot traffic of many of the creatures he was going to create. He considered putting some useful things in it for his soon to be creations but figured they would either sort it out themselves or they would die.

Then he moved onto plants as his creations would need to eat. He created three plants with plans to expand on his mage killing crop later. The first was a simple flower that when touched drained the soul of magic. Next were a bush with silky soft leaves that harden into dangerous spikes that move towards sources of magic. Finally some trees to help with construction and to add some variety to their meals and to keep them on their toes. The trees flourish in the plane but the flowers and bushes seemed to have some serious troubles surviving. Probably because they fed on magic. Not Shog's problem. he thought to himself going onto the next thing.

With that done he formed his first sentient creations. He decided on large creatures with chitin plating similar to him but then he started getting creative. He gave them cloven feet with large horns extruding from either side of their head that were often used in mating displays. He made the facial structure similar to that of the small creatures that created him only much more exaggerated. The creature's mouths open to a massive jaw with brutally sharp teeth. There ears are pointed and flattened back against their heads with a similar point to that of the goblin's. The nose is flat and pig like. Burning red eyes peer out from a very flattened brow. He gave them four arms however they only have the ability to use two at any given time. Two of the arms are massive and end with three sharp talons while the others are much smaller to allow for finer manipulation of objects. Of course he made them naturally resistant to magic. They prefer meat but they are omnivores with a set of teeth in there throat to help grind up any food they can swallow. Their minds were dull and their reflexes left a lot to desire but they were Shog's and Shog was happy.

A few year's later

The creatures seemed to be surviving well expanding rapidly on their desolate plane but Shog wanted more for them. They didn't seem to want to learn but how were they to evolve if they didn't learn? They didn't even seem to be able to hold a simply hierarchy. He decided it would be ok if he pushed them in the right direction just a bit. However, he doubted he could do much better thinking than them. However, he could create something smarter than him. He created a giant brain kept alive mostly by divine will than anything else to help his creatures learn.

The void

Shog briefly leaves his home plane to check out what else is in the universe. This place made him shudder. On the regular world he was huge compared to everyone he saw but here for some reason he felt small and weak. He did not like this one bit.

Spoiler
    Show

9=12 ap-3 ap create utility artifact (create subrace): The breeding hub. A hive center where certain traits are selected from the populace to evolve the race.
    7=9ap-2 ap to create populace of 3 monstrous plants. The flower looks similar to poppies and each round you are in contact with one you lose one of your lowest unspent spell slot or 1 pp if you a psionic (Assume if a caster is crossing a field of these that unless they take special precautions against it that they are affected once for each five foot square they cross). Eating one of them raw results immediate drain of 3 of your lowest spell slots or ten pp. Once cooked they lose all effect. These lost slots and pp return when you renew your spell slots or pp normally. They will be the main food source of Shog's creatures until I start making some beasts they are willing to eat. I will call the flowers Dybbuk.
    The bushes leaves harden at the approach of a spell caster, psionic user, or a person wearing magic items. It does 1d4+highest spell/power level known damage or just 1d4 damage if the person who approaches is not a magic user and it counts as difficult terrain when activated. They are completely fireproof and their hardness is not over come by magical weapons even if the item usually would have over come their hardness. They serves mostly as an annoyance to Shog's creatures currently as they don't do much, I shall call them Myuuk
    Finally the tree releases sap that causes intense rashes. Even when watered down it can still cause extremely irritating rashes. The sap is also extremely toxic and if ingested causing internally bleeding. The fruit is poisonous as well unless cooked heavily. They add some variety the creature's meals. If the sap is burnt it may cause temporary blindness. The rashes would cause a penalty on certain checks (not sure how major) and force concentration checks on casting. Eating the fruit raw or sap causes a DC 12 fort check or lose 1d2 con damage. If burnt you need to make a DC -5 fort check +1 for each round you have been exposed to the smoke or be blind for the next 24 hours. I shall call it Manchineel (This is actually based off a real tree with the same name...I made it less dangerous.)
    4ap= 7ap-3 ap create populace: Shoglings. They currently speak a chittering language. I will work on stats for the PC portion of their population shortly. In case you are curious the design is based off of Glabrezus specifically
    Spoiler: this one by VegasMike
    Show

I figure it is different enough that if this demon did exist (It lists demons as created but not sure if that means all demons or just the demons that come from dreams) it would be noticeably similar in looks but also quite easy to tell apart.
    1ap=4ap-3 ap to create utility artifact (Teach Populace): The brain...exactly as it sounds it is a giant brain they stick in the palace. Every so often it chitters some sage wisdom that allows them to advance slightly.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

The Void- Shog, Kerx

A speeding meteorite comes to a skidding halt infront of Shog. Upon the meteorite which now sizzled and smoked from the speed was a goblin, greener than grin with eyes like molten coals and a pair of golden horns upon his head and peakimg out from a mane of firey red hair. The goblin grinned, letting go of the reigns that were attached to the meteorite as if it were a horse. He hopped down from the rock with a wide grin and his pointed knee-high boots hit apparent solid ground, causing his spurs to jingle.

"Hellllloooooo there! Ya must be Shog! Ha! The labrats didn't exaggeraye one bit! My! You are impressive!" The horned goblin laughed for a moment.

"Anyways! Name's Kerx! I'd be the one in charge of that little project down there than gave birth to you! Ha! Haha! I'm an agent or rather...THE Agent of Ahn, the God of Luck and boy oh boy! You're one lucky sonnuvabitch! Ha! Haha! Yeah! So what're you up to out here, Big Guy? Void isn't exactly a place for newborn gods, y'know! Lots of big fosh running around just waiting to rip your pretty domains outta ya!" Kerx laughed like a maniac...maybe a little too long before he whipped out a deck of cards and spread them out before Shog.

"Pick a card! Any card!"
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-03 at 10:22 PM.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Shog looks confused at the goblin. Other gods? Shog food for other gods? Why? Shog really spiky...Shog thought good design. Spikey things always most annoying things for Shog to eat. Though poison apparently is a bigger problem. Pansies, they stopped eating the fruits uncooked after the first thousand or so died from it. It isn't even that poisonous, they should have kept eating them until immune like Shog. At least they still working on not dying from falling. Shog says. He brings one claw up looks at it and then the cards. He carefully tries to pick just one card with massive claws.

Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Clora - The Void

"ALL IS RUST!"

Clora heard the call from across the void. Her eyes opening - Eucle, for certain. Likely a call to arms. She flew far closer to the rusting giant from where the call had originated, and light began to shine around Eucle, preparing to restore him and keep him strong.

Spoiler: {A}id
    Show
    Clora's {A} Healing Light is giving Eucle a +1 for the time being

Althia, Cho'zak, Lum'ohs, Kryokoli, Fenrir, various undead, & large wolves - Frozen Stoixia

Althia stretched a hand out to meet the goddess. "This is mostly acceptable. The only term we request is to not be immediately forced to combat our allies: the trees and the dreamers. All other foes will be... fair game. We would request a chance to... discuss with those allies before combat - a chance for diplomacy - though if such a combat becomes inevitable, the undead of this land will fight on this land's side."

Spoiler: Minor clarification
    Show
    Just to be 100% clear, Althia is referring to those tied to Pernieth and Eucle, respectively.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    "Sister" Valask almost hisses, tasting the word on his tongue.
    "Oh how today has been full of surprises."

He stands tall taking one slow stride after another towards Cassandra, he will reach out with a white lace glove and attempt to run his fingers down her cheek as he moves closer.
    His head tilted he stares at her from behind that empty cold mask.

"And what of you? Is it your choice to be his spokes person? And for just how long do you think your welcomes and beloved notion of family ties will extend out to me when you grow to despise the true essence of my nature. How far will yours and fathers so called 'love' stretch before it takes the strength of an 'Actual' emotion and you decide to give in and hate me? Hate the accident? Hate the error?
    How long sister?"

"how long can we pretend.....

.....That one day this accident isn't going to kill him"
    Despite the implied threat, Cassandra only smiles. "You are welcome to try, again and again. And if you succeed, then the cycle will be realized, and we will embrace oblivion. Perhaps you are the natural culmination for the gods. Why should we hate what is natural?" Cassandra does not shy away from the touch, in fact she hardly seems worried about allowing the other god close.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Shog looks confused at the goblin. Other gods? Shog food for other gods? Why? Shog really spiky...Shog thought good design. Spikey things always most annoying things for Shog to eat. Though poison apparently is a bigger problem. Pansies, they stopped eating the fruits uncooked after the first thousand or so died from it. It isn't even that poisonous, they should have kept eating them until immune like Shog. At least they still working on not dying from falling. Shog says. He brings one claw up looks at it and then the cards. He carefully tries to pick just one card with massive claws.
    "Ha! Haha! I like you!" He snatched the cards back and picked one out, the one that Shog touched first.

"Oh! Ohhohohohoho! Do you believe in Luck, Shog ol' Boy!? Ha! As it appears! Luck believes in you! Ha! The Madhouse! Ha!" He flips the card out, a crooked house with a toad like monster chasing after some kind of weird tentacled chicken.

"Well! Ya care to visit the home of your benefactor? Meet his brothers? Ha! I'm sure you will love them to DEATH!"
    Currently Playing

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

...wait, was Shog supposed to remember which card Shog picked? Madhouse bad? Place where people get mad sounds bad. It filled with magic? That make Shog mad. Shog good with seeing ben...bene...benefactor? Sound like good time. Shog says looking at the card.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2015-06-03 at 11:28 PM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

...wait, was Shog supposed to remember which card Shog picked? Madhouse bad? Place where people get mad sounds bad. It filled with magic? That make Shog mad. Shog good with seeing ben...bene...benefactor? Sound like good time. Shog says looking at the card.
    "Alrighty then! Right this way, My insectoid friend!" Kerx spins around and leads the way to the Madhouse.

The Madhouse - Kerx, Shog, Grenzo

The Madhouse fit it's name quite well, a jumble of complete and utter Chaos. Great seas of grey nothingness that seemed to stretch forever and ever and ever with the occasional element tossed in, mostly rocks and bodies of Ethanol.

They first passed over what appeared as a mass of writhing roots and trees and rocks and tunnels, mud and murk bubbled and boiled below. Occasionally a blood-curdling roar or a scream of agony would break the silence and every once in awhile they would pass by towers populated by twisted and corrupted looking humanoids. In the distance, some other sub-plane was obscured from view by the thick grey seas.

Next, they passed over what appeared to be a massive checkerboard with endless amounts of chess pieces moving around and carelessly slaughtering each other.

Eventually, they came upon a massive circus pavilion and Kerx lead Shog through an opening. "Hey! Grenzo! Got someone for ya ta meet!"
    Currently Playing

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Despite the implied threat, Cassandra only smiles. "You are welcome to try, again and again. And if you succeed, then the cycle will be realized, and we will embrace oblivion. Perhaps you are the natural culmination for the gods. Why should we hate what is natural?" Cassandra does not shy away from the touch, in fact she hardly seems worried about allowing the other god close.
    With her words Cassandra left a hollow emptiness inside Valask.
    He ponders, 'there was nothing there, no sign of a negative emotion, no hate or vengeance towards my threat. Surely she cares for Pernieth, but words of his death had no effect, she remains empty, peaceful.'

No matter how alike the siblings may be Valask couldn't feel anymore alienated and different from her. His free hand which was positioned behind his back had balled into a fist and slightly shakes under the pressure of his growing anger.

He would not strike, although far different from him, they had done nothing wrong. If anything Cassandra had earned his respect.

Valask removes his hand from her face placing it behind his back to settle the other. Stepping back he give a slight bow and asks.
    "Sister, can you please show me this land of yours? And do tell, Pernieth seems magnificent and ancient, just how old is he and who is his creator? Please also share your story so I may know of my family.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-03 at 11:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    The Visionary - Eucle, Yhrzallus, The Divinities Pantheon

Eucle looks without concern or contempt at the cannons pointed at him. He doesn't react to the Visionary's words nor his heed. He seems to give the Divinities some time to ponder but when he has heard three of them speak he approaches.

"Now, you seem to agree in some term, at least there is a simple majority. I would appreciate if you were to step aside, my quarrel isn't with you."

He looks at them, the ones he knows and the one he does not.

"Don't be mistaken though, the Visionary has attacked me, my work, my people and my kin. I do have a reason to fight him. I'm compeled to do so. A debt has been taken and when I come to solve it with my brother he gets ignored and guns are pointed at me. If by attacking him, as I'm going to do now, you feel threatened or justified to retaliate against me consider this a declaration of creed. I pay my debts."

He descends upon's the Visionary's surface standing atop one of the raised cannons. Far from the gathered Divinities to allow them to stand aside if it's their intention. He enarbolates the hammer and looks at it.

"I don't know if you can hear me Ignus. But I heard your voice in the hammer. You want it back in exchange of aid. And I'll give it back in exchange of aid. But not aid in battle, battle is what started all this, this fight isn't yours so don't diminish yourself by fighting it. Once my business is done I'll come find you and Kethneciel. I'll hear you."

He looks down towards the Visionary, he kneels, putting a palm to the metallic surface of the god's pavement. He smiles, drily, and caresses it.

"To you old fiend I've only one thing to say. ALL IS RUST!"

His voice reverberates across the Visionary and the Void beyond. It carries like a gale, blowing through the streets and bearing with it the god's breath. But the golden promises are expired, singing swan songs and playing death rattles. For the attack upon the Moon the prosperity god turns to rust the Visionary.

Spoiler: WUXIA TIME!
    Show
    Eucle 4 AP
    3 AP Declare divine combat against the Visionary ALL IS RUST!
    0 AP (free pestilence / mold land) whatever would be more appropaite for rusting the whole Visionary.

(2d6+14)[20]

1 AP remaining
    The Visionary's auto-defense system kick in, quickly charging his L.A.Z.O.R. bits of rusted metal fall from the Visionary to the playground a great beam of light fires from the Elder God at the God of Wealth, a weapon that had not fired sense the dawn of creation.

"You dare!"

Spoiler: Combat!
    Show

(2d6+14)[20]

Not using any of The Visionary's spell pool on this attack.

Free Pestilence is falling Rust upon the Playground, creating a choking cloud that will redden large areas of the world. (Will be using my mold land next round to change the color of part of the playground.)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post

Althia, Cho'zak, Lum'ohs, Kryokoli, Fenrir, various undead, & large wolves - Frozen Stoixia

Althia stretched a hand out to meet the goddess. "This is mostly acceptable. The only term we request is to not be immediately forced to combat our allies: the trees and the dreamers. All other foes will be... fair game. We would request a chance to... discuss with those allies before combat - a chance for diplomacy - though if such a combat becomes inevitable, the undead of this land will fight on this land's side."
    Kryokoli seems unmoved "These are not the lands of either the trees or dreamers. These are the lands of Winter, and those who live here share my allies and my enemies. Any negotiation will be dictated by my terms. Are we in agreement?"

The Trial

There is murmur amongst the devils as Cassandra makes her case, as the lawyers prepare their counter arguments. As soon as he is given permission to speak, D'Vils Advocaat rises from his seat as he begins to make his own case

"Your Honor, member of the jury. It would seem that my client Queen Kryokoli has been accused by the noble Pernieth of violating the divine laws given to us by the Original Creator. If that is so, then it is a grievous fault, and those guilty should pay dearly, for let there be no doubt that Pernieth is an honorable god. Here my client is accused of being an usurper by the same god who has time and time again forcefully planted his people on different lands and imposed his own rules violently upon foreign nations. But Queen Kryokoli is an Usurper! And Pernieth is an honorable god! My client stands accused of an unprovoked attack, while a proper declaration of war was given to the same god who has aggressively expanded his own people upon the Playground without warning care or consideration of the effects to the local population. Yet Queen Kryokoli is ambitious! And Pernieth is an honorable god! My client stands accused of being cowardly and attacking the weak, yet not a single mortal was harmed by my client! It is not as if my Client waited until a goddess exhausted from two cases of Divine Combat had depleted her powers to launch a sneak attack. Yet Queen Kryokoli is a coward! And Pernieth is an honorable god!"

The devil takes a moment to take a drink of water

"When the downtrodden and destitute have cried, Queen Kryokoli's heart would weep were it still hers! My client is accused of ambition! Yet she willingly gave the spoils of her divine victory to the refugees so that they can have a home of their own. Did this in Queen Kryokoli seem ambitious? Ambition should be made of sterner stuff! Yet Pernieth claims that she is ambitious, and clearly Pernieth is an honorable god! We come here hearing of laws, and respect of mortals. Yet Queen Kryokoli struck at a single entity to avoid bloodshed, while the same entity struck at innocent refugees from a foreign land who had nothing to do with this conflict! But it is Queen Kryokoli who seeks blood! And Pernieth is an honorable god!"

D'Vil takes a moment to catch his breath

"As we have determined your honor, Pernieth is truly an honorable god, who upholds the laws. Therefore in accordance to the laws of the cosmos handed by the Original Creator themselves which binds and have been followed by even the Eldest of gods, who have all accepted their divine injuries as a result of their loss, we call upon the honorable Pernieth to continue upholding the laws which he so clearly holds so dear to his heart."

"The defense rests your Honor."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-06-04 at 04:16 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

The Kixian Horde - Northern Demiourgia
    The Haze began to fall as summer came to an end. The Kix, held back for now, from the major population centers be fire began to settle in for the winter. Yet they insured they wouldn't go away for generations to come as their spores and the tree's pollen became fused. Now when the plants pollinated the Kix would follow, even in those areas that Kix hadn't been reported. Only if they wanted to burn the world would they be cleansed from the Playground.

Mardu Industrial Complex - Shivian Plains
    The Mardu began to further experiment with the gifts Grenzo gave them. Before long they figured out that they could use Ichor in place of ethanol to power their contraptions. In the same breath they worked the teachings they acquired from Mal, using a mixture of ichor and irradiated ethanol in place of magic to keep their mechanics mundane in all aspects.

The Playground
    Hlo shuddered as the rust fell to It's home. The pollen of the plants began to meld with the rust, turning brownish-red and orange. Life retained some level of normalcy as the two gods battled above, painting the land strange colors while letting the mortals live. Of course there were those areas without pollen to help lessen the blow, those mortals having to burrow underground to avoid the pestilence.

Grenzo, Krex, Shog - the Madhouse
    Grenzo flared to life at the approach of a new God. Perhaps surprisingly there was no magic of any kind in His domain, He had no desire making His children's inventions dependent on such lazy methods. Despite being in His carnival, Grenzo's face remained as black as the void as He grinned at the beetle. With the crackle of fire as His voice He said "Hello friend of Krex! Another divinity approaches Me and so soon after our new brother leaves to talk to his old family. What brings you to the Madhouse and My own little corner of it?"

Cap'n, Skreechy - The Visionary
    The confused Aram pirate gladly fled the Visionary. He slapped together a temporary rocket from rusted remains before jetting off to the nearest Tohiish station. There he rested and recovered while the Tohiish began to investigate the Visionary's blood.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 0; Sin PAP
    Sin (Must use only own sin) - Nourishment: The Mardu creations can run on the Visionary's blood as well as Grenzo's. Ichor causes the damage done by the creations to be counted as Terror Smithed instead of Fire.

Hlo: 0; Moon, Sin PAP
    Moon (Neutrality First) - Nourishment: The rust clouds from the land above meld with the trees and mortals below, causing the diseases or fear (or whatever the rust does) to be less effective as they adapt to being on Mars.
    Sin (Promote own sin) - Nourishment: Kix spores meld with the pollen of trees and flowers, insuring that the only solution to stop them is to burn the entire world.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

The Visionary - Eucle, Yhrzallus, The Divinities Pantheon

The madgod saw Eucle's charge and, finally letting his former father's neglect be fully acknowledged as a final response, Yhrzallus let the Wealth God deal the first strike. But then, he reached for his cane and began chanting in tongues incomprehensible to most, tied to the very roots of chaotic and uncontrolled magic. This rang throughout the void as he then swung his magical item, pointed towards the Visionary, releasing all manners of distorted eldritch horrors, flying like projectiles to strike at the elder city.

But his chant did not end there, the gleam far into the void drew closer, as the Onyx Star was making itself more and more visible in the skies...

"Eucle! We must make singular its existence. All futures it has seen or tried to make will be reduced to an unavoidable end...today, I no longer find myself defined by any kinship with it. At the end of this, there shall be two moons in the sky..."

Spoiler: Ralasha's Post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Men with fire for hair and eyes in robes, clothes or armor are seen exiting the city atop one of the plateaus. They cast their gazes wide, searchingly. One of the throws fire into the sky which bursts into a bloom of smaller bright lights. Despair is seen on some of their faces if close enough as they gaze upon their birthplace mournfully.

One of them gives a shout and points towards Zermanion. One of them dressed in white robes worn over armor, carrying a cast iron hammer begins walking in their direction across the air and ground as though they were the same thing, though each step he takes seems more to be ten or more. (Windwalk) "I greet you! I am Immolatus. Welcome to our old home... such as it is." He turns and points at the tower, "There lies the temple, within it's confines is the First Forge, behind which rests the Door to the Other World. Do you require assistance in reaching the destination?"

Zermanion, Dawn, Vindicators - Burning Lands

Zermanion looks to the burning servants of Ignus and shakes his head. "There is no need, we will find our way there. I thank you, Immolatus." The god of metal replied. "In behalf of my followers, I thank you for the welcoming reception." He then begins to lead his followers towards the temple, so that they may go to their new home...

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

Yhrzallus
    3 AP
    1 AP = Aid Ally (Eucle gets +8 on his next turn. ((13 x 0.5) + 2 from {A}'s))

1 Sin Pantheon AP
    1 Moon Pantheon AP
    1 Cult Pantheon AP
    0 Chaos Pantheon AP = Mold Land: Yhrzallus' Vengeance (Setting the Onyx Star on a direct course towards the Visionary)

1 Spire of Change Charge
    0 Onyx Star (Pestilence) Charges = Doom (The Onyx Star is coming. The skies below assume a fell green tint for the duration of the Divine combat)

Active Nourishments/Pestilences
    Reincarnation (All souls reincarnate - 1 AP Nourishment)
    Worship the World (The abandoned people of the world subconsciously worship Zalsaram in secret - 1 AP Pestilence)
    Proud Return (1 AP Nourishment: All souls of Yhrzallus's servants and those punished by him have been claimed as his property, removing Kyre's claim from them even further)
    Shatter the Bonds (1 AP Nourishment: Souls once claimed by Kyre are now free, in name of neutrality and the free will of mortals and gods, going to where it's most logical for them to, or returning as undead, haunts or being stored in phylacteries.)
    Empower The World (1 AP Nourishment: Some souls, those more aligned with Elemental powers are now going to the Belly of the Beast instead of Erebus, in order to further
    the World's revival.)
    Dark Omen (Mortals blessed with oracle-like powers sense a terrible omen, but the details are hazy - 1 AP pestilence)
    Peace in the Land of the Deluded (A strong sanctuary effect is in action in Ithilbar. Mortals from outside Ithilbar suffer from its effects)

Manifest Zones
    Aurora of Chaos (Deepest Reaches influence zone in the Onyx Star)

Soul Claims
    Yhrzallus' claim on the souls of the Mad = 2 (1 from Shatter the Bonds + 1 from Proud Return)
    Elemental aligned souls = 2 (1 from Shatter the Bonds + 1 from Empower The World)
    Souls in general = 1 (from Shatter the Bonds)

Zermanion
    3 AP

1 Pantheon of Goodly Protection AP

0 Brutal Warhammer Charge
    Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-06-04 at 12:22 PM.
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

The Visionary - Eucle, Yhrzallus, The Divinities Pantheon.

Eucle's many hands form around him shielding his divine body from the lazers and capturing the energy. He melts it and rearranges it turning the light into a bright spear that soon crackles with gramaric energy. It slowly solidifies into Bismuth and Wraithwood, still shining like shed light.

"Agreed brother."

Eucle raises the spear and strikes at the Time god's back. Driving it inwards. It stands there afixed for a moment before the prosperity god starts hitting it's end with the tetsubo and the hammer alternatively. At each hit of the concusive weapons the spear digs deeper making the rusted god's surface to open cracks.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+45)[51] (34 + 2 + 1 + 8)

Free pestilence/mold land The Visionary's surface is now broken. The god will forever be scarred.
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-06-04 at 11:46 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

rollover

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-04 at 12:18 PM.
    Currently Playing

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Labyrinth of the Vanquished King - Ulvin

Still unable to move, Ulvin sat upon his frozen throne. The ground rumbled as the God of Man rose in power.

Spoiler: Ulvin
    Show

Rollover: 3ap
    Raise DR to 5: -3 (Create Eldarond, Teach Pure Bodies)

The Divinities

Ahn, in gnome form jumped up and down on his throne, clapping, laughing and cheering as the combat commenced.

"Oh boy! Ha! Haha! There we go! Watch it! Ow! That's gotta hurt!"

Spoiler: Ahn
    Show

Rollover: +5AP
    Raise DR to 7: -3AP (Nourishment Lucky Shade, Nourishment Whispers of Luck, Mold Land Reean Isles, Join Pantheon of Sin.)
    Join The Divinities -1AP

Dogma: Followers Pay the Price - When choosing to reward or punish a god, it's followers should keenly feel the effects.
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-04 at 01:32 PM.
    Currently Playing

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Kethneciel, Ignus--Judgment Seat, Oussia

Even as Oussia dips below into the Underplayground, Kethneciel keeps a patient eye on the ongoing battle between Eucle and the Visionary, waiting for it to conclude so that his business with Eucle may conclude as well.

Kahla-Kahl

Secured within her cocoon, Kahla draws in more power within her locked realm, preparing for an attack that may never occur.

Deep within Erebus

The glowing light from the Well of Souls pulses, suddenly shooting out a mass of souls over the Playground. Although the creator of the well serves Law, the artifact itself was designed to follow death's strictures; the souls favor law or chaos, good or evil, or simply population and creativity, as the seasons turn and turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    The Trial - Axia

At the courthouse, Cassandra stands before the judge, unafraid. "Your honor, I come before you as a representative of Pernieth, my father, and the Lord of the First Tree. He seeks justice in the matter of his usurping by an interloper with no claim, who sought to replace our Law with her own, and to do so rankle abused those unable to defend themselves, mortal and avatar alike. As we have upheld the sacred laws of the First Creator since the dawn of all existence, so must this court uphold that the laws of the creator are in fact the greater over any usurper, particularly one who forces themselves upon a land with no prior declaration nor desire of honorable combat." With her statement done, Cassandra sits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The Trial

There is murmur amongst the devils as Cassandra makes her case, as the lawyers prepare their counter arguments. As soon as he is given permission to speak, D'Vils Advocaat rises from his seat as he begins to make his own case

"Your Honor, member of the jury. It would seem that my client Queen Kryokoli has been accused by the noble Pernieth of violating the divine laws given to us by the Original Creator. If that is so, then it is a grievous fault, and those guilty should pay dearly, for let there be no doubt that Pernieth is an honorable god. Here my client is accused of being an usurper by the same god who has time and time again forcefully planted his people on different lands and imposed his own rules violently upon foreign nations. But Queen Kryokoli is an Usurper! And Pernieth is an honorable god! My client stands accused of an unprovoked attack, while a proper declaration of war was given to the same god who has aggressively expanded his own people upon the Playground without warning care or consideration of the effects to the local population. Yet Queen Kryokoli is ambitious! And Pernieth is an honorable god! My client stands accused of being cowardly and attacking the weak, yet not a single mortal was harmed by my client! It is not as if my Client waited until a goddess exhausted from two cases of Divine Combat had depleted her powers to launch a sneak attack. Yet Queen Kryokoli is a coward! And Pernieth is an honorable god!"

The devil takes a moment to take a drink of water

"When the downtrodden and destitute have cried, Queen Kryokoli's heart would weep were it still hers! My client is accused of ambition! Yet she willingly gave the spoils of her divine victory to the refugees so that they can have a home of their own. Did this in Queen Kryokoli seem ambitious? Ambition should be made of sterner stuff! Yet Pernieth claims that she is ambitious, and clearly Pernieth is an honorable god! We come here hearing of laws, and respect of mortals. Yet Queen Kryokoli struck at a single entity to avoid bloodshed, while the same entity struck at innocent refugees from a foreign land who had nothing to do with this conflict! But it is Queen Kryokoli who seeks blood! And Pernieth is an honorable god!"

D'Vil takes a moment to catch his breath

"As we have determined your honor, Pernieth is truly an honorable god, who upholds the laws. Therefore in accordance to the laws of the cosmos handed by the Original Creator themselves which binds and have been followed by even the Eldest of gods, who have all accepted their divine injuries as a result of their loss, we call upon the honorable Pernieth to continue upholding the laws which he so clearly holds so dear to his heart."

"The defense rests your Honor."
    Marut II listens to each side's opening statement silently, simply nodding when each is done. After the devils' opening statement, he turns to Cassandra. "Thy evidence. Which ancient laws do you reference, and how have they been abused?" it asks tonelessly.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Kethneciel
    0 AP + 7 AP (Rollover) = 7 AP, 1 PAP, 1 Nourishment (Well of Souls)

-3 AP: Raise DR to 13. Actions Taken:
    ---3 AP: Create Artifact (Well of Souls)
    ---1 AP: Nourishment (Final Judgment)
    ---1 AP: Pestilence (The Law of Death)

Well of Souls Charge: Nourishment. New souls are brought to the Playground. (1d6)[2]
    1: A boom of twins and triplets come upon the Playground and Underplayground. Population explodes.
    2: All souls are slightly more rigid. Law gains power on the Playground and Underplayground.
    3: All souls are slightly more mutable. Chaos gains power on the Playground and Underplayground.
    4: All souls are slightly more gentle. Good gains power on the Playground and Underplayground.
    5: All souls are slightly more harsh. Evil gains power on the Playground and Underplayground.
    6: Creativity blossoms. On the Playground and Underplayground, science and art leap forward in all cultures.

4 AP, 1 PAP Remaining

Kahla
    0 AP + 3 AP (Rollover) = 3 AP

-3 AP: Raise DR to 4. Actions taken:
    ---2 AP: Create Organization (Craast Hunters)
    ---1 AP: Nourishment (Adaptation)

0 AP Remaining
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Grenzo, Krex, Shog - the Madhouse

Shog explore other places. See Shogling's competition. Then Kerx came and said Shog should see ben...bene...benefactor and brothers. Then something about death. Shog not sure how that fit in but Shog think that important.

The Breeding Center on the Plane of Shog
    The highly mutated Shogling groaned as she laid a dozen or so eggs. She looked down at the eggs past her massively distended abdomen and grinned. Shog would be happy. After many generations of her family's focused breeding she was sure they had finally did it. Up until this point they had been birthing just a dozen or so every year or two but this one had been ready in just weeks. If she was right and her breeding with the families working on the numbers worked this generation would be able to birth thousands each day. It would make regular pregnancies nearly obsolete. She called in her helpers to pick up the eggs and help move her. Her legs barely worked because of her massive bulk and from the breeding process she knew the numbers focused family couldn't move at all. She would have to make sure the eggs went to the places they would live forever lest they be trapped in an inconvenient place forever.

Meanwhile the Brain was going over how farming would work again. If it had eyes it would be rolling them. Apparently they were trying to breed smarter versions of themselves but until that was done it was stuck explaining farming to neanderthals and it was bored. Smark think Smark understand. Smark get little black things from plant. Smark plant red things. Things grow and then Smark eat them? Why not eat red things from start? one of the Shoglings asked. There was an audible sigh from the Brain. At least they were getting closer now to just explain which parts were the seeds again and they could start work.

Spoiler
    Show

4ap=1ap+3ap roll over
    1 charge on The brain
    1 charge on the breeding hub

Charge spent from Breeding hub to create the Queen subrace for the Shoglings. Many times bigger than the average Shogling they have lost their small arms in favor of a massive gut filled with a large number of wombs. They are unable to move under their own power so they have to be constantly cared for by the Shoglings. In case of emergency they theoretically can be moved by Shoglings but it a difficult and complex process. They are the center of any Shogling community allowing for much more rapid population growth than the Shoglings would be able to do with normal pregnancies.

Charge spent on The Brain to teach Populace Farming.
    In the End
    4ap left
    0 charges on The Brain
    0 charges on the breeding center.

Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Godsfought - Bobby, Ur, Grim

Their transport firmly wedged into the sands of Godsfoughts frozen shores. Bobby stepped down from the deck, her plated chitin boot causin cracks upon the frozen surface.

She grimaced as she felt the islands curse assault her mind in an attempt to corrupt her. She used her superior psionic abilities to push it out of her mind. "Careful. The island has tricks." She transmitted to her companions.

The Frozen North - Ice-Goblins

The Ice-Goblins slipped and slided across the frozen shelves of the mountain range. All was fine, they didn't want for much of anything. They had their fun, they had their freedom but they didn't really have a home.

Big Homie Mix was the latest in a long line of Big Homies, determined by skill at the Ice-Surf. Big Homie Mix wasnt happy with just spending and eternity Ice-Surfing. No. He would see the Ice-Goblins build! And build they did!

Somewhere down the line, Big Homie Mix was visited by a weird stranger who bestowed a gift upon him, a great tome filled with the secrets of arcane power and it was time that he taught that power to his people. The Ice-Goblins absorbed the knowledge with great hunger, they were afterall curious creatures by nature. They set to work within a few months of completing their education.

So it came to pass that a great fortress of ice was created, the ice-goblins chanting their arcane texts, twisting and shaping the ice into a massive series of Ice-Slides and great halls filled with chaotic wonder into the very foundation of the mountain range. A great big sign, lit up with magical glowing and rapidly blinking ice appeared above the new Ice-Goblin home and it said. "Karva City"

Spoiler: Ahn Actions
    Show

1PAPGoblin (Advance Goblins): Teach Populace - The Ice-Goblims become highly proficient in and even experts of Ice based magic. They become so attuned to it that they actually use it in everyday tasks and chores...and parties.

1PAPSin (Work through Minions) Mold Land: Karva City - The Ice-Goblins haved magically carved the Party Central of the North into the Eastern Mountainrange. It is full of Ice-Slides, flashing lights, music, parties and eccentric schools of ice magic.

Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #290
    Firbolg in the Playground

Axia: Ignus
    Spoiler: ap
    Show
    Ignus: 1+7= 8
    -3 = DR 14
    -3 = DR 15
    -2 Create Organization: The Rune Crafter's Society (Secret society) with Base Class: Rune Caster (Also secret due to nature of the guild, think Factotum).

The Divinities: Hemeliosa and others
    Spoiler: ap
    Show
    Hemeliosa: +3
    -1 Join Pantheon: The Divinities
    -2 Create Organization: The North Gaurd (PrC: Battle Smiths)
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-04 at 05:03 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Northmen Village, Frozen North - Ice-Goblins, Northmen

It was a sudden thing, a cloud of ice and snow that concealed the creatures on snow-boards within it and that cloud ended almost as soon as the ice-goblins reached the village, dissipating into nothingness.

The ice-Ice-Goblins laughed and cheered, shouting out gibberish and even quite a few profanities. They had a goal and that was a new game for them...."Touch the Northman! Wooooo! Touch em, Homie!"

Slipping and sliding along the buildings and streets with a singular purpose, each goblin rached out to touch any Northman they could, some flying overhead in an attempt to pat a Northman's head.

"Hey! Hey! Check it, Homes! I'm gonna touch that big one! Hahahahahahaha!"
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-04 at 05:49 PM.
    Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Grenzo, Krex, Shog - Madhouse
    Grenzo gathered His strength for the coming changes. His fire grew brighter, flecks of white appearing in the reds, oranges, and yellows; he was if anything a traditional bonfire given divinity. His voice was the soothing roar of the fire, saying "Relax then, friend. Ahn, our brother and Kerx's lord, should be on his throne with my own avatar. The third of our member is there as well but busy. Finally the fourth brother is with his own family. Beyond us four there's similar groups everywhere, I'm sure you'll find your own family."

Hlo by Its lonesome - Burning Lands
    Hlo gathered It's strength while It checked on those that had It's mark. Otherwise it was a quiet existence for That Which Lights the Way.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 7; Chaos, Cultist, Divinites, Goblin, Sin PAP; Cauldron, MIC charges.
    1=7-6: Raise DR to 16, will post actions later.

Hlo: 3; Moon, Sin PAP; The Sun and the Comet
    0=3-3: Raise DR to 4 using some artifact creation action.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Frozen North (Playground): Northmen, Goblins

An old man, white bearded though muscular. The towns 'chief' at least he would be if these people had Chieftains.

But no, he is actually just the strongest and wisest of the elders of this town. Towering over lesser mortals. He holds himself with a righteous and stately calm.

As opposed to the lesser men of this place, rather than sword and shield or axe and shield or spear and shield or spear and sword or axe and sword or some other odd combination, he holds a staff. He turns and watches the commotion expressionless. Yet when one of the goblins begins making it's way towards him a wall of sharp and pointy objects forms between them (Wall of Swords) as he speaks in an imperialistic manner, as though stating a dictate of heaven, "You shall not."
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Northmen Village, Frozen North - Northmen, Ice-Goblins

"Whoa! Whoa!" shouted the Ice-Goblin that went after the large elder, he quickly chanted a spell that caused an ice-berg to appear and launch him into the air.

"Yo! They got magic, Homies! Woooooooo!" He shouted as he did a 360degree Ollie mid air.

He dropped down on the roof of one of the homes and used it as a sled. "Aight homies! Time ta go, yo!"

The goblins immediately departed, the cloud of ice and snow immediately kicking back up as they left the village. One of the goblins could be heard shouting "Mija! Can we come back? Saw me a nice Chika there!"

"The hell you gonna do, huh? Kiss 'er kneecap? Ahhahahahaha!"
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-04 at 06:53 PM.
    Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Shog wait here or Kerx lead Shog to the other gods? Shog not want to wait too long. Shog need to find landing zone for followers still. Shoglings need worldly outpost for some interaction...and meat. Shog kind of doubt Shog have family. Shog bred in lab. Shog not sure how family works but Shog pretty sure no one else was in Shog's tank and Shog broke it. Shog says.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2015-06-04 at 10:26 PM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Shog wait here or Kerx lead Shog to the other gods? Shog not want to wait too long. Shog need to find landing zone for followers still. Shoglings need worldly outpost for some interaction...and meat. Shog kind of doubt Shog have family. Shog bred in lab. Shog not sure how family works but Shog pretty sure no one else was in Shog's tank and Shog broke it. Shog says.
    Kerx grinned "Brought you here for a reason, Shog ol' Boy! You dont have to meet the other gods but this one right here is important!" He tosses a thumb in Grenzo's direction.

"See, without him, Ahn wouldn't be the god he is now! Ha! Haha! He's Ahn's brother and if you wanna get technical about it.. You can say Ahn is the closest thing you have to family. So why not join the club? Eh? Eh?"
    Currently Playing

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Club? Like weapon? Do you mean like family hunting? Shog good to join club but Shog not have opposable thumbs to use club. Can Shog use claws and spikes instead? Shog good with claws and spikes. What type of god would Ahn be if Grenzo didn't make him the god he is today? Shog asks.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2015-06-04 at 10:26 PM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Club? Like weapon? Do you mean like family hunting? Shog good to join club but Shog not have opposable thumbs to use club. Can Shog use claws and spikes instead? Shog good with claws and spikes. What type of god would Ahn be if Grenzo didn't make him the god he is today? Shog asks.
    "Yes, yes. You can use whatever you like, Shog. Ha!" Kerx laughed, grinning at Shog then he paused. The horned-goblin placed a thumb under his chin in thought.

"Weak." said the avatar with a bit of a sneering undertone. "He would have been weak. A god who catered to mortal and god alike. He would have spent his life chasing after myths of dreams and birds in the sky and traveling for the sake of travel. No. He is good the way he is." Kerx shook his head.

"Really though! Now he's all about BOOM! There goes your castle! Ha! Haha! Ahn is an always will be the God of Luck so Luck is what he sells...sells..not give... sells. Ha! You want things to work right, you go through Ahn. All the mortals know this. If not, he curses them with bad luck! So guess what!? Everyone knows of Ahn! Ha! Even if they pray to another god for Luck or make a wish... they're all indirectly or directly petitioning the Lord of Luck himself! Hahahahaha! Boy oh boy! Of course...that's just his main factor. There's other things about him that not so many know about. Ha!" Kerx gestures towards Ahn's area of the Madhouse, the Sanctum as a blood-curdling roar rips through.

"Hasn't been a single mortal soul that could best those yet! Ha!"
    Currently Playing

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

They magical? Shog could send some Shoglings here to try. Shoglings have not made the strongest yet and Shog not give them specialty skills for mage killing yet but against magical creatures Shoglings might stand a chance. Not the ones from the breeding family's though. Those ones can't really move. Wait is having children in the middle of the fight an ok tactic? Shog doubt they get the months Shoglings need to grow to full size but Shoglings still bigger than little ones even as babies. Shog says. The description of the god's tactics sounded similar to something...what was it? Extra? Extol? Extortion? No idea. Probably wasn't anything bad. It sounded like a reasonable method to conduct business. Shog thought to himself.

Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

They magical? Shog could send some Shoglings here to try. Shoglings have not made the strongest yet and Shog not give them specialty skills for mage killing yet but against magical creatures Shoglings might stand a chance. Not the ones from the breeding family's though. Those ones can't really move. Wait is having children in the middle of the fight an ok tactic? Shog doubt they get the months Shoglings need to grow to full size but Shoglings still bigger than little ones even as babies. Shog says. The description of the god's tactics sounded similar to something...what was it? Extra? Extol? Extortion? No idea. Probably wasn't anything bad. It sounded like a reasonable method to conduct business. Shog thought to himself.
    "Somewhat. Not entirely. Ha! They would be more like superpowered orcs with horns and flaming chain whips and flaming swords! Get some shoglings and give it a try! Might be you can use what you learn today to improve them! Ha! Haha!" Kerx laughed, he dearly wanted to see this.

"I'll even set up an arena!" Suddenly, near the edge of the Sanctum, an arena is formed from the rocks and plant-life. "Whenever you are ready, put some shoglings in there and a balor will follow suit!

The Sanctum, The Madhouse - A new demon is born

Deep in the depths of the Sanctum, Lukus, First of the Corrupted Solars stood with a group of others like himself. They wore robes of crimson red and gold, Ahn's colors.

They stood in a circle and chanted in their foul and corrupt language and a creature was formed. The creature was a tentacled blob of some form of wax like substance, eyes and mouths randomly popping up in odd places. It whipped it's tentacles around a bit and giggled as it shapeshifted into a beautiful elven maiden "Well...That was certainly exciting" it said before walking off into the Sanctum's darkness.

Spoiler: Ahn Actions
    Show

1PAPChaos(sow chaos): Create Subrace Yochlol

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-04 at 11:56 PM.
    Currently Playing