Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Aww, I want a fluttershy yay ringtone... *sad face*
    Here ya go. (It's free.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Start simple.

Monopoly: Equestria.
    I like this actually. I'd like to see a Hasbro released one, but the one someone linked from EqD is kinda cool, too. (And a bit more bronyish.) I do believe there was at least one board game released when G3 was around. Oh, this is it. I think it's like Candyland, but I personally have not played it.

Edit: I put Sweetie Belle's Hush Now, Quiet Now as my alarm tone, and it SCARED THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME this morning. I have to remind myself that I changed my ringtone, otherwise I don't know where it's coming from.
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-08-10 at 12:37 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

How about Don't Wake Rarity, like Don't Wake Daddy, with her dressed like on the train in Over a Barrel?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    If anyone gets to be impressive in their timezone ignoring, it's me. I get up at 3pm my time and stay up til 5am. I am essentially living an american time cycle in England.
    BE IMPRESSED. Also hug me.
    I noticed your timescale was unusual, even more so than mine (I tend to call it quits closer to 3, though.) I am impressed, but, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    Kingdra. HATE IT. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
    It is ugly and inelegant and SO HARD TO KILL.
    (fist to sky in true Kirkesque fashion)
    CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!
    Oh, my expletive yes. The last time I played Emerald, I tried tackling the E4 with my (admittedly not earth-shattering and played mainy go get evolutions I'd not got before) team, Clair's four-asterisking Kingdra swept MY ENTIRE TEAM and I have NEVER seen so many. Four-asterisking critical. Four-asterisking hits. in my unlife.

We should totally hunt down Claire with all of our Pokemon and pummel them senseless (and I have about seven hundred, all told, across my games...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-10 at 01:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    I'm a skitty! Because skitties are cute and awesome and yet normal at the same time. Drearilly normal. Depressingly completely normal.
    Funny, I would've taken you as a Smeargle.

Personally, I had a thought for 'The Apploosa Trail'. Oregon Trail ponetized. Weird thoughts.
    Braeburn has died of dysentery.

BE IMPRESSED. Also hug me.
    *hugs for Lix*

Kingdra. HATE IT. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
    It is ugly and inelegant and SO HARD TO KILL.
    (fist to sky in true Kirkesque fashion)
    CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!
    It's okay, Kingdra. You're still a pretty dragon. Just ignore the crazy lady who didn't try using Lanturn or Vaporeon against the gym leader.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-08-10 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

That reminds me of this one game of Oregon Trail I played with a friend a few years back. Before he died, Cobra Commander was bitten by snakes at least twice.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a skitty! Because skitties are cute and awesome and yet normal at the same time. Drearilly normal. Depressingly completely normal.
    Obligatory response: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action.

Spoiler
    Show
    For those who don't know, this is making fun of the fact that Skitty, a tiny little cat pokemon, can be bred with Wailord, a gigantic whale pokemon, because of egg types.

Also, I'm kind of preferential to Lucario.

One, because with a Special Attack favored one, he's a dragon destroyer. Two, with a dark type Special Attack move, he's a fighting type that can handle psychics.

And lastly: Hands.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    That reminds me of this one game of Oregon Trail I played with a friend a few years back. Before he died, Cobra Commander was bitten by snakes at least twice.
    Sounds like he did a poor job of commanding them, then. And I feel dumber for having said that. Not a good day in Phoeville. Definitely managed to bring some kind of virus back from GenCon.

In other thread related news, I fully endorse Inkwell's statements about shoulder ponies. Shoulder ponies for everypony! They can be all tiny and adorable and huggable and squee. Just stay away from bananas.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Sounds like he did a poor job of commanding them, then. And I feel dumber for having said that. Not a good day in Phoeville. Definitely managed to bring some kind of virus back from GenCon.

In other thread related news, I fully endorse Inkwell's statements about shoulder ponies. Shoulder ponies for everypony! They can be all tiny and adorable and huggable and squee. Just stay away from bananas.
    We don't talk about those fruits here.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    We don't talk about those fruits here.
    I... don't get the joke?

But shoulder ponies? I agree whole-heartedly.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

The number of people who find this revelation surprising, surprises me. No one can show all of themselves at once. Of course there are a set of related traits which only come out under certain circumstances. That's what being a rounded individual is all about.
    I've always known there's multiple sides to me, I just never thought they'd so neatly fit into entire mini-personalities like that. The crazy part is now I can see the areas of my life where their cooperation (or lack thereof) affects me. Joker and Counselor work together to make my writing/artistic side, but the Mastermind's harsh, objective view on everything, my own work included, gives me my nervousness that my work is no good.

I continue to blame Australia.

I hear this a lot. Most folks try to downplay it, even online/among friends, for fear of reprisal... But darn near everyone i've ever spoken to has had these moments.

There are times I wonder if I'm currently dreaming, because the sensation is so strong. Even worse, Deja vu of Deja vu; I'd swear I've told my Friends, at my front gate "wow, I feel like this has already happened" at least a dozen times. They deny it.

Just roll with it. Allow it to creep you out and you'll end up like your avatar o'er there. It could be thought patterns aligning and convincing you you've dreamt this, it could be actual precognitive dreams. Could be both. I have my opinion, but don't let that stop you; no matter what other folks say, you yourself know whether it's actually happening to you or not. Go with that.
    No worries there. I'm fully convinced I have useless superpowers, simply because my imagination deems the idea too fun to let go.

I'm less worried about ninja posts, more concerned with when you'll slip on the everybody/everypony line.
    I'm concerned with when any of us will do it, actually.

I myself slipped up just a week ago. Called my kitty a pony.

Have you ever gotten a look from a cat like it is questioning your sanity? I must confess, that's a new one for me. And made all the funnier because he's only got one eye.
    That cat should feel honored; he's a pretty pony now! Yay!

My prediction? Season two will be the tipping point. I'm staying at a stable level of ponysanity now, but once new content gets in my system, my days are numbered. That, or it's going to come out of left field and I'll slip when I least expect it.

I still haven't forgotten the various wagers, although I'm strongly considering opening the betting for another go, this time encouraging people to have a bit more confidence in the Amishman and go for "more than 7 days".

Aye, there's that suave, coolness factor going on.
    Except with charizard. Charizard is just a beast. I can say with certainty that every generation- no! -every game, charizard gets stronger. He starts with slash, which in red/blue had a higher chance of missing outright than not being a critical hit. Yellow gives Charizard fly, and suddenly, he is the starter of choice. Silver/gold bring in Outrage, and now charizard is taking out dragons. Crystal had something, I think a holdable item. Emerald, ruby and sapphire give new breeding options. Leafgreen, firered, we get specialized growing for an even stronger fire move than before, as strong - maybe stronger than - Hyperbeam.

Throughout his career, Charizard has been a King of Beasts. I don't know what diamond/pearl or black/white bring to our saurion master race, but I'm pretty sure the glorious Age of Charizard is still in full swing.
    Back in the day, I had a purebred level 100 Charizard. He was the only Pokemon I used throughout the entire game. Type differences stop mattering once you're ten levels higher than everything. And the gap just kept growing.

Best Pokemon, or BEST Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hello fellow Pony loving friends. Long time no see.

I'm posting to let those of you interested know that I have started recruitment for:

Thank you, and have a nice day.
    Oof. I don't know if I'll sign up or not; I have a tendency to take these games way too seriously. On the other hand...pony mafia.

Augh, I'll probably end up signing up anyway.

EDIT: Shoulder ponies? Where? Who do I have to love and tolerate to get these? The president? OKAY!

*awaaaaay!*
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-10 at 01:47 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

I... don't get the joke?

*looks over shoulder for mods*

Look, I'm not supposed to talk about this, but Roland says we're not supposed to talk about bananas. It's sort of like the mind control that there is none of, citizen. I will go back to my ponies.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-08-10 at 01:54 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

I... don't get the joke?

Oh Celestia, I don't think I could handle another one.

Don't I test the limits of your sanity enough?

Plus I don't even have a clear mental picture of what they'd be.
    That wasn't a hint for artwork. I Don't want anymore crazy in my brain.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh, my expletive yes. The last time I played Emerald, I tried tackling the E4 with my (admittedly not earth-shattering and played mainy go get evolutions I'd not got before) team, Clair's four-asterisking Kingdra swept MY ENTIRE TEAM and I have NEVER seen so many. Four-asterisking critical. Four-asterisking hits. in my unlife.

We should totally hunt down Claire with all of our Pokemon and pummel them senseless (and I have about seven hundred, all told, across my games...)
    ...tempting, but no. Annoying as her Kingdra is, I quite like Clair. She has an important role in my continuity.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Barbarian in the Playground

I forgot to mention this, but you and I were in Indianapolis on the same day. Unfortunately, I had some business in the State Fair, so I couldn't go to GenCon.

I would, but the chip is too big. I can't fit anything else. :(
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-08-10 at 01:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

...tempting, but no. Annoying as her Kingdra is, I quite like Clair. She has an important role in my continuity.

So, if I took Carnage Team and pummelled her and Kingdra senseless, you'd find it utterly reprehensible and unforgiveble?

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGH KILL IT WITH FIRE, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
    That isn't Rainbow Dash! It's some twisted lab experiment gone wrong!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-10 at 02:08 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

So, if I took Carnage Team and pummelled her and Kingdra senseless, you'd find it utterly reprehensible and unforgiveble?
    I can forgive pretty much anything, but I would be displeased.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    My favorite thing on the box is the statement, "WINGS MOVE!"

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

I can forgive pretty much anything, but I would be displeased.
    Displeased enough to not want to pursue me anymore...?

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

I. Am. Rarity!

Wait, that's Rainbow Dash!

BURN WITH FIRE!

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

But, but, Rainbow Dash always dresses in style!

...oh gosh please don't hurt me.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

I. Am. Rarity!

Wait, that's Rainbow Dash!

BURN WITH FIRE!
    Of course! Burn the wings with fire so she's free of Twilight's curse! Brilliant!

THERE'S NO SUCH THINGS AS CURSES. I JUST INTENTIONALLY CAUSED A MALEVOLENT EFFECT ON SOMEPONY FOR THE SAKE OF REVENGE! THERE'S A KEY DIFFERENCE.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

What.

And they even have a picture of what she actually looks like on the box, so you can tell that the toy looks nothing like her even if you've never seen the show.

Also, what's with the insect it's apparently packaged with?

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-08-10 at 02:24 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I've always known there's multiple sides to me, I just never thought they'd so neatly fit into entire mini-personalities like that. The crazy part is now I can see the areas of my life where their cooperation (or lack thereof) affects me. Joker and Counselor work together to make my writing/artistic side, but the Mastermind's harsh, objective view on everything, my own work included, gives me my nervousness that my work is no good.

I continue to blame Australia.

-------------------

That cat should feel honored; he's a pretty pony now! Yay!

My prediction? Season two will be the tipping point. I'm staying at a stable level of ponysanity now, but once new content gets in my system, my days are numbered. That, or it's going to come out of left field and I'll slip when I least expect it.

I still haven't forgotten the various wagers, although I'm strongly considering opening the betting for another go, this time encouraging people to have a bit more confidence in the Amishman and go for "more than 7 days".
    1.) I have been thinking about the personality thing raised by Thanqol for a while now. I still fail to find distinguishable sub-personalities, but I have realized that I have something like 'security clearances'. There's the strictest one that only allows out the things I would be willing to show around complete strangers, in professional environments, etc; there's an intermediate one that lets out most everything else, which is in place around most of my friends and family; there's a sub-set of the intermediate one which is only for people I would trust my life to; and there's the super-strict one that's only for me and the things I don't share at all.

2.) I am running into trouble with pony near-slip ups. The problem is that after chugging through all 36 chapters of Fallout: Equestria, I find some of the terminology (Stables, Tenpony Tower, Ment-als) more natural than the actual in-game terminology. Then cue 1-2 seconds of hesitation before discussing Fallout 3 things with non-brony friends as I desperately try to sort out which term is which...this is particularly bad because several of my friends have decided to replay Fallout recently...

EDIT: @DBC - Twilight is INTP. She can make whatever semantic distinctions she likes.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-10 at 02:26 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Dwarf in the Playground

It translated to электронный видео- ассистент, which, accordingly my completely-language-inept looking-up-on-wiki-and-IPA skills, would seem to be fairly similar (at least as pronounced as letters.) I could, of course, be completely wrong, since, as I say, I am completely and utterly crap at languages.

(I've actually got a mate who teaches English in Russia, but I dobt I could get hold of him before tomorrow night, which is why I'm muddling through myself.)

Though I did find according to a translate back, the latter word could also mean adjutant, which I went with, because it sounds more awesome. (Like dromer said...)

If you have any better suggestions, I am ALL ears! (Metahorically.) I really, really suck at languages.

(It is my greatest hope that I never have to play Dreemaenhyll with anyone who speaks latin or isiZulu, as the mangling my "skills" have done to those languages would no doubt bring them to despairing tears...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yessiree, ЭВА would be pronounced very close to EVA. But I don't think it sounds very military-Russian.

My favorite example is the TOS-1 Buratino heavy flamethrower. They don't care if the abbreviation sounds cool or not, if it's pronounceable or not (try to say PZRK (Man-portable air-defense system)). They have the most 'correct' and compound phrase for the object to be named, abbreviate that and add a number to the end. Sometimes some letters after that to distinguish modifications. Then they add a cool (or, in the case of Buratino, silly) name. Would you name a flamethrower Pinocchio?

What does that mean for you? I have no idea. What exactly does EVA do? You just say just that, add "system" to the end, translate, abbreviate, add a random number, and then something like "Matryoshka" or "Beryozka" as a name. Here you go, all done. If you want, I can do the translating.

Image dump, DT edition. because everypony needs love.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    so... If a pony board game is to be made, what do you think it should be like?

pony vs pony or cooperative?
    if cooperative, will it be all player against a big bad or maybe something Euro like see who gets the most cupcake market production?

or to make it simpler, what board games would you like to see ponified? Arkham Horror? Battlestar Galactica? Settler of Catan? Twilight Imperium? Saint Petersburg? anything you want to name.
    I'm going to go ahead and put forward Descent. I could very easily see it working with a scenario, or series of scenarios, in which the mane cast journeys through the Everfree Forest and the ruined castle to defeat Nightmare Moon. The game would have several players working together as the mane cast, while one player takes control of Nightmare Moon.
    Start simple.

Monopoly: Equestria.
    No.
    Bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    They also both have either adorable or excruciating voices depending on who you ask.
    There are people who don't like their voices?
    I think that's an update of an old pony toy. I've got absolutely no idea why I think that though. *tries to cast Summon WJMill*

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Lyra.

So bucking saved when I get back to my PC.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

It translated to электронный видео- ассистент, which, accordingly my completely-language-inept looking-up-on-wiki-and-IPA skills, would seem to be fairly similar (at least as pronounced as letters.) I could, of course, be completely wrong, since, as I say, I am completely and utterly crap at languages.

(I've actually got a mate who teaches English in Russia, but I dobt I could get hold of him before tomorrow night, which is why I'm muddling through myself.)

Though I did find according to a translate back, the latter word could also mean adjutant, which I went with, because it sounds more awesome. (Like dromer said...)

If you have any better suggestions, I am ALL ears! (Metahorically.) I really, really suck at languages.

(It is my greatest hope that I never have to play Dreemaenhyll with anyone who speaks latin or isiZulu, as the mangling my "skills" have done to those languages would no doubt bring them to despairing tears...)
    (Whoops, completely slipped through my quote-cloud)

...and it looks like I forgot the third 'E'. I'm reminded on how crazy this language actually is.

That particular 'E' is pronounced "Eee". So yeah, that is pretty close to EVA. Unfortunately, I don't know enough Russian to really help here. I can read it just find, I just don't know many words. Once you do find something, I can at least help with pronunciation.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    But, but, Rainbow Dash always dresses in style!

...oh gosh please don't hurt me.
    ....Grab the tactical flintlocks boys, we're hunting Amish Pirates.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".