New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: *SQUAWK* Who's there? *SQUAWK* League of Legends XLIV who?

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    That's how you should build GP. For runes, I prefer arpen reds/quints, armor yellows, and MR blues (all flat), because GP has an AD steroid already and so scales better with armor pen than AD. I use 9/0/21, because movespeed is really relevant to GP's game plan, explorer ward is awesome level 1 on a champion who can duel anyone, and he gets melee pick pocket on parrrley. Start either red pot + 4 pot + ward for an aggressive early game, faerie + 6 pot + ward if you're in a really harass-based lane and want to get a tear (Elise, Nidalee), or flask otherwise because you need some source of mana regen.

You are a lane bully until they buy ninja tabi (you win lane against everyone forever if they don't!), and then you get control of the lane again once you build a parrrley item (Shiv or Iceborn Gauntlet). In general your damage will be low until that point, so if you want to go iceborn and you need to pressure while you only have glacial shroud you should build one or two dblades before gauntlet.

As for trading and playing in lane in general, just parrrley your opponent repeatedly. If they're going to lose an all-in fight with you (in particular, if their cooldowns are down), go in. If they all-in you, eat oranges and speed up if necessary and then all in them back when their cooldowns are down. You're more mobile than everyone, so take advantage of that in fighting only when you want to.

Ult is useful for killing your lane if they stack armor, but usually it's better to hit bot lane with it. Remember that part of the point of Iceborn Gauntlet is to support your team, because having more ultimates will mean you win more fights across the map. Very frequently you'll end up farming under tower, sustaining with W, and ulting bot lane off cooldown. That's fine.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    First, the math I saw on the subject. Based on that with Morgana's teamfight initiation style, I'd say that she has very *HIGH* Liandry's synergy, since her ult will proc 3s of doubled ticks followed by another 3s of undoubled ticks.

And since Morgana is quite comfortable building all 3 of Deathcap, Liandrys and Void, Liandry's really doesn't have major competitors for Liandry's slot in her build.
    I would pretty much assume the competitor is Zhonya's. Zhonya's almost always has a place in a Morgana build. And lategame, the "she can't land her ult if she can't move" complaint is silly since, if she ults such that the enemy must run in different directions to break the tether, her ult has successfully dealt a large amount of damage and massively screwed up the enemy team's positioning.
    Last edited by PEACH; 2013-03-17 at 05:29 PM.
    You rang?

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    I would pretty much assume the competitor is Zhonya's. Zhonya's almost always has a place in a Morgana build. And lategame, the "she can't land her ult if she can't move" complaint is silly since, if she ults such that the enemy must run in different directions to break the tether, her ult has successfully dealt a large amount of damage and massively screwed up the enemy team's positioning.
    Um, no.

Morgana is a Zhonya's champ. She buys Zhonya's like Ryze buys tear, or supports buy wards, which is to say, every. single. game.

What I meant is that Zhonya's/Sorc's/Liandry's/Void/Deathcap is still only a 5 item build and you'll be hard-pressed to find enough competitive items such that you'd need to make a choice between Void/Deathcap/Liandry's in it.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the advice regarding Torment, im certainly going to start building that a lot more now, and i can also imagine it would work great for pool harrashing people with morgana
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Orc in the Playground

Um, no.

Morgana is a Zhonya's champ. She buys Zhonya's like Ryze buys tear, or supports buy wards, which is to say, every. single. game.

What I meant is that Zhonya's/Sorc's/Liandry's/Void/Deathcap is still only a 5 item build and you'll be hard-pressed to find enough competitive items such that you'd need to make a choice between Void/Deathcap/Liandry's in it.
    My assumption was that the post you had made was indicating three core items on Morgana. 4 core items is both silly (few games get that many), and not what your post showed, even given the context of the previous posts.

Regardless, there are plenty of items that are competitive for Liandry's slot. Straight defense. Morellonomicon. Abyssal. Plenty of viable options exist besides Liandry's, if what you want is CDR/defensiveness instead of straight up damage and penetration.
    Last edited by PEACH; 2013-03-17 at 07:40 PM.
    You rang?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Lots of mages are fine with Sunfire Cape: Katarina, Amumu, Diana, etc. I wouldn't say that it isn't viable on her, but it's probably not optimal. Her lategame is weak enough already, and sunfire cape doesn't exactly alleviate that.

Why would you ever get Rylai's on Morgana, though? It makes the slow on your R like ~10% stronger. Your Q already snares for the duration of Rylai's, and your pool has a long cooldown/only applies the weak slow. It would only be useful for triggering Liandry's on your pool (your other spells come with their own CC), but that combo is of questionable value on Morgana in the first place.

Oh, and you're wrong about spellvamp. Big surprise.
    Well thank you Aethernox. I truly don't understand jack about this game, I diserve to be chained down to whatever skill level I'm at, and all the time I've put into the game has been for naught because apparently I haven't improved any.

Thank. You.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Well thank you Aethernox. I truly don't understand jack about this game, I diserve to be chained down to whatever skill level I'm at, and all the time I've put into the game has been for naught because apparently I haven't improved any.

Thank. You.
    If you actually want to improve, don't act so hostile to people correcting you when you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Diamond picked udyr. Which I think is quite possibly a horrible, terrible decision. Gonna get kited so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    If you actually want to improve, don't act so hostile to people correcting you when you're wrong.
    TechnO was probably set off by the totally uncalled-for "Big surprise" remark, not by the corrections. I would have been pissed if it were me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    Diamond picked udyr. Which I think is quite possibly a horrible, terrible decision. Gonna get kited so hard.
    I'm more surprised that top Kha'zix is coming out again. KTB has demonstrated that they know what tops and jungles to pick to shut that down. And the game so far is bearing this out--look at those dives. Gambit has good peel for Kog while KTB has very mediocre dive, though, so as long as Alex Ich doesn't get caught out I think Gambit can still take this.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2013-03-17 at 08:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

TechnO was probably set off by the totally uncalled-for "Big surprise" remark, not by the corrections. I would have been pissed if it were me.
    In a nutshell.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

12. - Top - End - #1212

{{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2013-03-28 at 10:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Banned

So, yeah, Gambit is basically winning 4v5 right now. Darien is completely useless, but it doesn't matter because KTB can't reach Genja or Alex Ich, they can't kill Diamond, and they can't run from Edward.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2013-03-17 at 08:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1214

So, yeah, Gambit is basically winning 4v5 right now. Darien is completely useless, but it doesn't matter because KTB can't reach Genja or Alex Ich, they can't kill Diamond, and they can't run from Edward.
    Well, gambit does have the majority of the gold/kills on the two carries and kayle is a pretty damn good AP carry when she can just play a one man version of protect the kogma. It's the difference of trading one lane that fails to a non-hyper carry for winning all the other positions including two of your hyper carries.

Besides, who needs to chase people as udyr when you can sit back and peel!
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2013-03-17 at 08:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    {{scrubbed}}
    As the resident vampiric scepter Alistar afficionado I'm just going to play a little bit of advocatus diaboli and say that usually the frustration comes from people repeatedly ignoring advice or even being condescending to people giving such advice. Which is not really the case with TechnOkami (about the only thing I'd ever call him out on would be his a little whimsical approach to the matter of last hitting) but has happened before.

Also might be a bad time to say that I always believed in Udyr. <3
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2013-03-28 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

16. - Top - End - #1216

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    As the resident vampiric scepter Alistar afficionado I'm just going to play a little bit of advocatus diaboli and say that usually the frustration comes from people repeatedly ignoring advice or even being condescending to people giving such advice. Which is not really the case with TechnOkami (about the only thing I'd ever call him out on would be his a little whimsical approach to the matter of last hitting) but has happened before.

Also might be a bad time to say that I always believed in Udyr. <3
    I just wanted to say that you are my favorite person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Why a picture of a random 20 minute stomp? Because that's what diamond promotion games look like! If I had remembered to take this picture earlier you would've seen the nice glowing icon.

Figures the series I'd finally win is one where I have a DC on my team for the first game then an intentional feeder for the second.

Pretty much done entirely on the backs of Lee Sin and Renekton - if their combined W/L were removed from my total record my spread would be exactly 0. I don't know why I bother playing anyone else.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    I agree. Aethernox is well know for being a rather toxic person and hard to get along with as well as being known for making hostile statements. While his statements could be true, he doesn't support or explain himself until someone calls him out or asks for clarification (which had happened).

Aethernox! Think before you hit submit! This crap happens wayyyyy too often in these threads. We are trying to be nice in here and you are not helping by seemingly trying to antagonize people.
    I don't think Aether deserves all the crap you people throw at him, both in the thread and behind his back on the mumble server. Maybe he puts things a little bluntly, and is a little short with people, but he gives good advice.

If people don't take it because he seems to insult their intelligence when he gives it, then boo freaking hoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think Aether deserves all the crap you people throw at him, both in the thread and behind his back on the mumble server. Maybe he puts things a little bluntly, and is a little short with people, but he gives good advice.

If people don't take it because he seems to insult their intelligence when he gives it, then boo freaking hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    I just wanted to say that you are my favorite person.
    I do crossdressing, if that's your forte. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

My assumption was that the post you had made was indicating three core items on Morgana. 4 core items is both silly (few games get that many), and not what your post showed, even given the context of the previous posts.
    You'll note I never said the word core or even anything even close to similar.

Regardless, there are plenty of items that are competitive for Liandry's slot. Straight defense. Morellonomicon. Abyssal. Plenty of viable options exist besides Liandry's, if what you want is CDR/defensiveness instead of straight up damage and penetration.
    Thing is, Liandry's is a defense item, and given how close it matches with Deathcap and Void, its arguably better to switch out Deathcap than to switch out Liandry's. And that's only if you can't cover whatever concerns you had with your spare slot.

Kami is actually a pretty cool guy in terms of things like accepting criticism and such. Aether was just out of line, and contrary to what you say in your later post, he kinda deserves every bit of what's been said against him in this conversation.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Which is not really the case with TechnOkami (about the only thing I'd ever call him out on would be his a little whimsical approach to the matter of last hitting) but has happened before.
    I'm actually getting better, shockingly. I can actually ADC as Caitlyn now (though I still don't own her yet *grumble*). It actually has improved, and I played a silly game w/ N0xxious where we were just last hitting (he was Kennen, I was Brand) and I did actually keep up with him. What I need to work on is last hitting while things are actively trying to kill me, aka under pressure.

22. - Top - End - #1222

I don't doubt that he gives good advice but he needs to get into the habit of explaining himself when doing so in a manner that is not hostile. The whole "Wrong about spellvamp" statement was correct, but he didn't explain himself until asked. He should have explained WHY without having Dada ask for it.

Posting something without explaining it is asking readers to take it on faith. We are gamers, we want evidence!

The whole "big surprise" addition is exactly the kind of inflammatory item we do not need on here. It obviously upset Techno and I am a little pissed off too at the flagrant disregard for the "no flaming" rule.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Thing is, Liandry's is a defense item, and given how close it matches with Deathcap and Void, its arguably better to switch out Deathcap than to switch out Liandry's. And that's only if you can't cover whatever concerns you had with your spare slot.
    300 HP for 2900 gold makes it a defensive item?

In any case, the spellvamp debate for Morgana should be pretty simple. If you buy spellvamp on a champion, it's usually because they have sustained damage that lets them heal consistently through a fight (Cassiopeia, Ryze, Vlad), or are resourceless and can sustain in lane forever if they have spellvamp (Vladimir again, Mordekaiser, Akali)...or, have burst that synergize with spellvamp and makes them surprisingly hard to kill through burst spellvamping (Mordekaiser again, Akali again).

Morgana...isn't any of those but the second, and she has her passive for that. Skip the Revolver/WotA.
    Last edited by Happy Gravity; 2013-03-17 at 09:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Banned

WHY did Gambit let Ssumday have Shen against a squishy top AND low magic dmg comp, AGAIN. WHY. Duo mid is pretty cool, though.

I treasure my ignorance of Mumble politics, and hence fling poo at everyone without discriminating.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2013-03-17 at 09:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh boy does smurfing with my friends get draining sometimes.

"Akali, MF and Master Yi are coming bot to kill you, run into that bush and go back."

"Nah it's fine I'm just farming minions."

"In the next 15 seconds Akali, MF and Master Yi are going to appear right behind you and you're going to die. Go back."

"I'm full health and I can run to the tower. It's cool."

"No, please, go back now."

"Okay, I cleared that wave, now I'll-"

*Akali, MF and Yi appear and kill him*

"Holy crap Akali, MF and Master Yi just showed up and killed me while I was running away! There was literally nothing I could do! WTF!"

"I told you to go back..."

"I did! I ran away!"

"..."

We were all noobs once, I guess. (Secretly, I still am... >.>)

You'd think they'd listen after the... tenth... time though.

Edit: Also. "You're literally one hit away from death. Staying in lane is probably a bad idea."
    "MUST FARM MINIONS"
    *gets hit*
    *dies*
    "..."
    *facepalm*
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-03-17 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gravity View Post
    300 HP for 2900 gold makes it a defensive item?
    Compared to Deathcap and Void? Yes. Especially considering all the other stuff you get out of it, compared to other AP/HP items out there. I mean, RoA gives 350 more HP, but compensates poorly for the loss of Liandry's pen and passive. Rylai's isn't very useful on Morg, as Aether mentioned(her combo already provides lockdown), and is only 200hp more than Liandry's. Ohmwrecker has all of 50HP over Liandry's, and the passive is not attractive to mid-Morg. Basically, if you want AP/HP, Liandry's is not only the strongest offensive item in the AP/HP category, but its also the only one that springs to mind as being particularly useful for her.

27. - Top - End - #1227

So, friends and I played a 5 man dominion tonight, and the enemy team ran into an interesting bug.

Didn't have the time to notice in game, but the enemy team started going on about how their Vayne captured the point for them. We let her test capture something again later, and it looked like just a visual bug. But we went over the recording later, and... well, guess not
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by efdf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Why a picture of a random 20 minute stomp? Because that's what diamond promotion games look like! If I had remembered to take this picture earlier you would've seen the nice glowing icon.

Figures the series I'd finally win is one where I have a DC on my team for the first game then an intentional feeder for the second.

Pretty much done entirely on the backs of Lee Sin and Renekton - if their combined W/L were removed from my total record my spread would be exactly 0. I don't know why I bother playing anyone else.
    Oooooo. Efdf, could you give me a little renekton advice? I find myself at a loss at which skills to level up first and what items to get in what order. I have ideas, but I prefer to trust a DIAMOND experience.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Oooooo. Efdf, could you give me a little renekton advice? I find myself at a loss at which skills to level up first and what items to get in what order. I have ideas, but I prefer to trust a DIAMOND experience.
    *raises a finger*

I'm betting on his W.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that was rude.

I really don't mind; if people don't like the tone of my posts, I sincerely suggest that they use the built-in ignore function of the gitp forums. God knows I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    *raises a finger*

I'm betting on his W.
    Several months ago he assured me that "if I wasn't maxing E I'm doing it wrong," so there's that.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2013-03-17 at 11:33 PM.