New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]:Louv're Tower

Lobby of Oh My Gods You Just Scarred Rick Brutal

The agent will indeed try to drag her in, trying to get her to the "X" of dooom. Rick Brutal growls about, it seems that Rick may have been trying to escape, he has somehow managed to bite through his bandanna, but is faking it still being there. I'm not sure what use that'll be. The Agent will drag her in, right as the ten year old grabs him and drops him into he door, where the door comes smashing onto the agents face, breaking his neck. Rick Brutal drops the bandanna out his mouth in shock. A ten year old just brutally murdered his captor. Er...Don't eat me....um...Hail? I'm Rick Brutal! Please get me out!@ I...I can help you! There are camera's everywhere, Zeta knows. Get me out! They'll be more coming! Sure enough, the sound of footsteps from the lobby is heard.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lobby of Yummy Snacks!]

Hooray! Clarissa has just scored a grisly pick me up!

Kid Clarissa hastily bends to loot the Agent's corpse, pocketing his eyes and hand if she can along with his keycard and carving out his heart and wolfing it down. Om nom nom!

The bandanna is a handy-dandy cloth to store in one's possession! Very versatile! It can function as a makeshift tourniquet or an absorbent napkin to clean up after murdering someone. Kid Clarissa attempts to steal Rick's bandanna and dab the Agent's blood from her mouth with it. Meanwhile, the beast attempts to nom the corpse, growing in size and physical prowess with every bite it takes, transforming into a bipedal wrecking ball of a monster.

Clarissa then searches for an obscure exit to the chamber.

"Excuse me, Mister Brutal, but I'm in no position to drag you around like a sack of potatoes. Maybe I'll release you after I claim Marciano for myself and extinguish him. Unless you've got something to trade. Something cool. Not something lame like...like information."

Bleh! Clarissa doesn't want to know anything more about Marciano! She wants to slay him. That's 'bout it.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick Bouncing About

Rick grumbles and tries to bounce his chair, but his cape gets stuck under the leg and he falls. He looks over at the creepy kid and scratches what little hair he has left using the desk leg. It's quite pathetic really...He wiggles about. No! Please! I'll help! I wanna help! I am Rick Brutal! Hero extraordinaire! You'll need all the help you can get! He's got ZETA pumped up for combat! I know this tower! I...uh...well. It's hard to...Heh. I used to be a bodyguard here...I was fired. He frowns and tries to look cool. Sure enough, the agent is picked up and robbed, then eaten messily. Rick grumbles about wasting such a good bandana. Then, three soldiers run up to the little room and are across the hall, looking rather confused at the horrid smell...Rick speaks up. I'm your ticket outta here, I know a way to get out before they bring the whole freaking tower force. COME ON.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-11 at 05:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lobby -to- Elsewhere]

Hmm...

To free or not to free, that is the question! Whether 'tis better that Rick Brutal here should perish in Marcy's hands or valiantly on the field of glory!

She won't gamble with her health for the clumsy clown! But he could cause a sweet disturbance... Maybe...

"Right. I'm Clarissa. Villain extraordinaire!"

Kid Clarissa introduces herself with a polite curtsy.

"And you're Rick Brutal. A hero, you say! The villain's code of conduct spells it out on page 11835. I'm not to assist you."

"I'm to use you for my own ends. Only one of us is leaving this floor, Rick. Me. You'll stay put and keep 'em busy for a bit! M'kay?"

Clarissa chuckles and smiles, attempting to cut Rick loose from his bindings, pick him up, and lob him at the guards in the hallway! His head did faintly resemble a bowling ball what with the balding and all. She'll latch on to the back of her adult-sized beast as the beast attempts to sprint toward the guards and tackle/maul whichever ones haven't been knocked to the ground yet!

For Kvatch!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Small Room- To Chucking Rick

Rick grumbles, trying to be scary. Blowing away a small spider perched on his nose. Huh? I didn't catch that? You're names what? He tries to look valiant strapped to a chair, lying on the floor. It's rather hard to do. No! You! Don't leave me! I! I'm too beautiful to die! Er...those books are more...guidelines! Yeah! Guidelines! Please take me! He grumbles. No I'm not staying put! They'll kill me! Grah! I am Rick Brutal! You can't do this! He's cut and briefly smiles happily. Thank you! I knew you'd come to reasoning after a while! I will help you on thi- Then he's grabbed by the scruff of his neck and promptly chucked into the small mob of agents and guards. He smashes into quite a few. He even accidentally made a guy shoot himself. The guards shout out angrily at Rick and try to get up. Then, the giant thing smashes into the hall, scraping the walls and mauling or stepping on the rest. Sickly squelching is heard as bones shatter. Rick lands on the lobby desk. He quickly makes a running jump onto the beast. Gah!!!!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ha-ha-ha-hallways!]

Clarissa is no Chuckya, but she is pals with a "Chargin' Chuck"! And Rick is a prized tool after all! He's a first-rate projectile! And he instinctively returns to whatever tosses him! Resplendent!

Six fleshy tentacles peel out of the beasts back! These tentacles attempt to implant pods inside of the dead/dying soldiers. These pods should hatch into large carnivorous beetles armed with flamethrowers, much like heavily modified bombardier beetles! Clarissa is feeling like a good sport and decrees that the battle shall be a fair or challenging one by limiting the number of beetles spawning in to six at max. Marcy hasn't pushed her dander up just yet!

Clarissa jumps and rolls off of her beast as Rick mounts it and attempts to take off down the hallway that the soldiers were previously flooding out of!

"You are helpful, Ricky! Have fun! Bye-bye now!"

"Help, help! There be monsters down the hall and the stranger riding the monster is responsible for their birth!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Breech...Incoming!

Rick has been frequently used as a projectile. He's rather good at flying into things. After all, he was the one, when him and a few others from Trog's went to raid a goblin settlement, swung from a tree on a rope, and ended up catapulting into the camp...landing right on the lich that was leading the goblins!

Rick lands on the beast happily. Then, the creature grows tentacles and icky stuff! Needless to say, Rick Brutal is absolutely terrified and slides off the back of the thing, landing on the cold floor. The pods are effectively hatched inside the poor soldiers. Rick retches on the ground. EW! Oh...gods...oh....blech...Gah... The beetle-soldiers rise, I'm guessing the beetles are controlling the guards dead bodies? If that' so, the beetles will find that each of the guards carry a Sparkometer Louv're Brand. These guns fire electrical shots.

Oh...god....my eyes....AH! Rick is still throwing up all over his own cape. He still however, manages to wave at Clarissa stupidly.

Clarissa will reach a hallway with four doors. Each of the doors are metal and have little key-card slots. The floor has a wonderfully expensive rug. A few soldiers rush right past Clarissa, running to where they heard the sound of their comrades brutally mutilated. At the end of the hallway, there's a "T" turn.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

[Exploring Yon Labyrinthine Stronghold!]

That rug... That wonderfully expensive rug... @_@

Yoink! Clarissa attempts to steal the rug out from under the soldiers' noses and, most crucially, the soldiers' feet! Kid Clarissa laughs at the possibly fallen soldiers if this prank is a smashing success! It is a hoot to her!

"Have a nice trip! See you next fall!"

Clarissa will attempt to advance down the hallway that the soldiers rushed out of, swiping her keycard to unlock the door if it is closed!

The large beetles will not possess the corpses of the guards. They'll use them as cover for a strategic ambush and burst out of the corpses to char the living soldiers when they approach and are in range like the Xenomorphs in Alien vs Predator! The beast positions itself behind a corner so that the guards cannot hit it without shooting through the wall.

Will Rick ever be the same after surviving all this horror?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcy Really Liked That Rug... -> Room Number 1?

Clarrissa pulls the rug off of a few poor soldiers, they hit their heads on the floor with a grunt. Then, they face Clerissa. Hey! What the hell was that for kid? Then, they're a zap coming from every soldiers head. The electricity zaps their whole body through the suit. The guards stop talking. Instead, they begin walking on the end of the hallway, looking into the beetle room. It's as if they suddenly knew the beetles were there.

Sure enough, a camera from behind the beetles had seen everything. This camera had relayed it's information to ZETA. ZETA had then simply started controlling the soldiers through their helmets, knocking them out and having their equipment move for them. A pair of guards will toss grenades into the room, the grenades are white and seem to glow with a strange brightness. Then, the grenades will explode, and the whole beetle hall will just be obliterated by the grenades smashing down a hole in the roof, and catching fire to everything else...Including Rick Brutal and the beast. His yellow, sick-covered, silk cape is now burning up. He starts screaming about before running into a wall. He rolls about on the ground trying to roll the fire away. It miraculously is quenched. Rick just lies there, his head hurting, his cape burnt up, and his poor left glove and boot are missing.

Clarrissa walks into room 1/4 in this hall. She swipes the card, and it opens up to a large room full of cubicle offices. People inside bumble about, and a printer is going on. They're making counterfeit money. Except....they don't even react to Clarrissa. They all have matching white and orange headbands on, and a big camera moves to stare straight at Clarrissa.

Meanwhile...Marciano watches everything go down from his office. He's watching it on his giant flat-screen TV. Hehe... He presses a little button on his desk, and his voice will echo over the intercom all over the tower. They're slaves now...Clarissa? Yes...slaves to ZETA, and therefore me. I control everything in this tower. Good luck. All you've got is one useless yellow idiot. I've got a fortress, hundreds of soldiers, an airforce, and all my machines! Good luck...lll be amazed if you get past the Grandfather. You're playing my chess game now...You'll never get through the security. A dead guard to Clarissa's lefty has an odd piece of paper in his pocket that had fallen out and landed on the shiny floor. It Reads:

Floor 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-18 at 02:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the Tower

An enormous Thwoom sounds somewhere in the distance, echoing once, twice, thrice before over the horizon line comes sailing an enormous boulder, pursued by a dozen smaller fragments broken off from the whole during flight.

For a second it looks as if it might actually strike it's target, but poor aiming coupled with shoddy machinery and distance take their toll. Within moments it should be clear to anyone with a good head for trajectories that the boulder will in fact miss, it's arc bringing it within a few feet of a direct hit but falling just short.

Not that it's by any means harmless. A solid three hundred pounds of stone raining down on you is never harmless and unless Louv're Tower has the defenses to stop it entirely, everyone on the ground or in the air is endangered, both from the immediate impact and from the hail of shrapnel following.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Louv're Tower

The giant glass and metal tower looms over the small forest around it. Most of the forest had already been cut down for Louv're Industries abominable Eco-detrimental machines. A few riot soldiers with large shields and handguns had been guarding the door, which was now trapped to the fullest of Louv're Industries abilities, needless to say....it'll be hard getting in that way without explosives or a really, really, good mage. Inside Louv're Tower, guards were being assembled to stop the raging inferno that was Clarrisa. That means that only the missilecopter B-12-06Q was monitering the outside. The huge helicopter was up in the air though, watching for an unsuspecting raid group to take the elevator, whee it would promptly blow up the elevator, even if it crashed a huge hole into the tower.

The huge boulder flew to the ground right in front of the tower, landing on a few riot guards, smashing their armour and killing them, before skidding all the way to the very door of Louv're Tower, where a few guards almost soil themselves, just to find the cloud of shrapnel descending to them, killing the group of guards at the gate. Any shrapnel that hit the door was disintegrated however, as was an unlucky guard that fell into it. Marciano was watching from his office with the use of ZETA's camera's, planted all over Louv're Tower. He giggles as a few guards gfet smashed. This was all fun to him, he whispered the words into the intercom at his desk. Incoming....return fire...

Then, the tip of Louv're Tower begins to open up. It open revealing a giant helipad, and on it, was a strange contraption, much like the missilecopters, but oh so much larger and scarier looking. The big assault helicopter has metal plates and huge guns mounted on it. The helicopter will be ready for liftoff very soon.

Meanwhile....Marciano slid a large keyboard onto his desk. This thing controlled the entire towers defense system, including ZETA, ALPHA, and BETA Defense Systems. Though those were for much later...He entered in his little password. Vidistine Fortunam. He chuckles. He wasn't going to make it out of here alive, he reasoned...what with the drill massacre ending his only true chance of becoming a power in the Nexus. He had already begun his preparations to return. He would end it all, as soon as the raid par5ty reached the labs...Then, the party would have to get through Alpha and Beta...if they survived, Marciano would pull out his ace...He had found out a way to hack into the very system of reality with The Spirit Engine...he had absolutely no clue what he could do, but he was willing to try it...Now, he was to wait...and watch.

12. - Top - End - #72

Look Out Below!

Another dramatic crash sounds on the horizon, heralding a second boulder coming soaring over it towards the tower. This one too is accompanied by a pursuing flock of smaller fragments, chips and shards broken free by the initial explosion, and this one too is a near miss, landing, if it's natural course is allowed, on the opposite side of the tower from the last shot.

This one comes closer, getting within about half a foot of the mark. That should put the newly revealed missile-copter two-point-oh well within the rain of shrapnel, and while I'm sure the main chassis is quite able to withstand that, I'm slightly dubious of whether the propeller blades are as well armored.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

[Room Number...Where'd You Get That Nifty Map?]

*Cue fanfare!* Map get! Because Clarissa is going to nick that map before anyone else does!

Hmm... Clarissa can't help but wonder... Are these slaves smart enough to reason that money isn't printed on paper? 'S printed on linen. But be it paper or linen, it is flammable!

And Clarissa is a raging inferno! Woosh! Not literally. Figuratively. But that's a great idea come to think of it! Raging Infernos + Cubicles + Locked Doors = Barbecue!

Allow Clarissa to demonstrate...

Jets of flame and the biological equivalent of napalm rocket out of the palms of Kid Clarissa's hands as she attempts to light the office on fire and roast the office workers. Mmmm! There's nothing like the smell of burning flesh and charred hair to start the day! While some have their roasted bean coffee and some have their piping hot tea, Clarissa has toasted sacrifices and chalices of blood! And if she's lucky, she's dredged up some totally heinous memories for Marcy to have flashbacks of! But Marcy was probably correct in teasing that nobody will miss a would-be gutterpup-derelict-person or thirty on the Wall!

"These poor, poor, staid souls! To lead a life of humdrum drudgery! How boring! Let's rectify this and sprinkle excitement into their lives a little! I hope you've invested in fireproof pajamas, Marcy, 'cause I'm on fire! Or is that your enslaved staff and your blood boiling? I know I can't tell the difference!"

"Oh, and here's a tip. You'll need more than your hundred senile pugilists doddering and lolling in the hallways to stop me! I've a flair for destruction! Or is it flare? No matter! Zoom!"

Clarissa attempts to sprint across the room, twirling and giggling, fire spraying everywhere.

Q.E.D. (Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum videtur. )

Oh, and before I forget, if that much structural damage has been dealt to the tower hallway with the monsters and Marcy sprung for any contractor not related to Cheap, McCheapo, or Cheaperson, the monsters Clarissa commanded to spawn in will be dedz. Dedz liek disco.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Look Out Below!

Another dramatic crash sounds on the horizon, heralding a second boulder coming soaring over it towards the tower. This one too is accompanied by a pursuing flock of smaller fragments, chips and shards broken free by the initial explosion, and this one too is a near miss, landing, if it's natural course is allowed, on the opposite side of the tower from the last shot.

This one comes closer, getting within about half a foot of the mark. That should put the newly revealed missile-copter two-point-oh well within the rain of shrapnel, and while I'm sure the main chassis is quite able to withstand that, I'm slightly dubious of whether the propeller blades are as well armored.
    The boulder rains toward the massive glass, metal, and steel tower. It misses the mark of course, but manages to smash into a few unlucky guards, flattening them. The boulder flies and misses the tower. However, the shrapnel, assorted metal, and rock smash into the missile-copters propeller blades. The large helicopter blades crush the smaller rocks, but a few pieces get jammed, and two propellers go flying, one embedding itsle fin the tower, the other smashing the ground, the ship begins to fall to the ground quickly, and a fire starts by the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Room Number...Where'd You Get That Nifty Map?]

*Cue fanfare!* Map get! Because Clarissa is going to nick that map before anyone else does!

Hmm... Clarissa can't help but wonder... Are these slaves smart enough to reason that money isn't printed on paper? 'S printed on linen. But be it paper or linen, it is flammable!

And Clarissa is a raging inferno! Woosh! Not literally. Figuratively. But that's a great idea come to think of it! Raging Infernos + Cubicles + Locked Doors = Barbecue!

Allow Clarissa to demonstrate...

Jets of flame and the biological equivalent of napalm rocket out of the palms of Kid Clarissa's hands as she attempts to light the office on fire and roast the office workers. Mmmm! There's nothing like the smell of burning flesh and charred hair to start the day! While some have their roasted bean coffee and some have their piping hot tea, Clarissa has toasted sacrifices and chalices of blood! And if she's lucky, she's dredged up some totally heinous memories for Marcy to have flashbacks of! But Marcy was probably correct in teasing that nobody will miss a would-be gutterpup-derelict-person or thirty on the Wall!

"These poor, poor, staid souls! To lead a life of humdrum drudgery! How boring! Let's rectify this and sprinkle excitement into their lives a little! I hope you've invested in fireproof pajamas, Marcy, 'cause I'm on fire! Or is that your enslaved staff and your blood boiling? I know I can't tell the difference!"

"Oh, and here's a tip. You'll need more than your hundred senile pugilists doddering and lolling in the hallways to stop me! I've a flair for destruction! Or is it flare? No matter! Zoom!"

Clarissa attempts to sprint across the room, twirling and giggling, fire spraying everywhere.

Q.E.D. (Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum videtur. )

Oh, and before I forget, if that much structural damage has been dealt to the tower hallway with the monsters and Marcy sprung for any contractor not related to Cheap, McCheapo, or Cheaperson, the monsters Clarissa commanded to spawn in will be dedz. Dedz liek disco.
    Oh, ew. Nasty burned up barbecue office workers. Well, the thirty staff members were printing linen, not paper, but it doesn't matter much. Clarissa grabs the map! Yay! Well, as Clarissa sets fire to the office workers, and locks them in, the smell of burning flesh, and the shrieks of the unfortunate souls can be sensed. the office is eventually in flames, along with the large amount of counterfeit money they were printing. That explains the loads of cash Marciano was bragging about. Marciano's hall cameras just stare, Marciano looking a little worried, disgusted, and amused.

Without going into gory details, the office workers are roasted corpses within ten minutes. The monsters will be dead, considering the contractor was not cheap in any sense of the word. Now, the guards that were on the floor are dead as well. Only an elevator to head up now! Meanwhile, up on the hundreth floor, Marciano calls the laboratory. He speaks through the speakers on his desk. ...Mr. Brant? Are you seeing what is going on at the first floor? There's a pause, and a shaky voice speaks back. Y-Yes....Gods...I...h-have never s-seen that kind of....ultimate d-destruction from a human being. Shall...I...prepare the Enshadu Artificial Intelligence chip? Should you fail? Marciano pauses and replies. Yes. Do, and prepare the surgical room, I'm sending down my last clone now. I will live through this, also....let the Grandfather know what's coming, and arm Defense Mechanisms Alpha, and Beta. Nothing get's in this room, understand? Y_
    Yes sir...w-will do.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Different Timeline: Brant

Brant fidgets rather nervously. Er...rumour has it Louv're stole this thing from the labs of Veroonai Pay. Er...Executive Pay. It was a prototype...never been tested, and he wants to power it to ZETA. Which could be catastrophic. I should take a sick day...but then I"ll be out of a job...maybe...I can work with AMEN? I specialize with machinery...I could m ayee help remake this thing? Anything...I have a family to feed, and this job is about to be destroyed...
    Research Labs

Cyrus grins as he begins to notice the sounds of battle reverberating through the building. This was better than he could have hoped.

"Well, it doesn't sound like you're keeping this job much longer regardless of your actions, but don't let me make your decisions for you. As for AMEN, there is always a place for those who can make themselves useful."

The grin fades as he looks up at the mana filter and Marciano sends in his message.

"It sounds like you have something to do, if you'd like to keep this job after all! Don't worry, I can handle the rest of the construction myself."

Meanwhile, the Mana Filter emits a low hum as it draws Red Mana out of its environment and into itself. Clarissa might find that her fires take just slightly more energy to start, and might even seem a tad dimmer once they're lit. The guards throughout the tower might find that their weapons aren't firing nearly as effectively as the explosions that power guns in the first place have some strength sucked out of them. The electrical systems and lights may begin to flicker as electricity is drained from them. The very stone and steel itself in the walls may seem to grow crude and weak as something... ...vital is drained from them. Almost as if they were never really forged in the first place. Even the ambitions and passions of those nearby might find themselves dampened slightly as the filter attempts to drain everything connected to Red mana away from its position and into itself.

The filter begins glowing rather brightly, turning a hot pink quickly and progressing toward red...

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

[First Floor - Going Up!]

So that's why Marciano had money to burn!

Oh boy! Free barbecued office snacks! Yummy! Kid Clarissa will just have a bite of one of those to keep her energy up and whet her appetite for mortal flesh! Then she'll be on her way!

Don't look at her like that. The office workers weren't in control of their own bodies or minds. They didn't have families that Clarissa cared about and might as well have been heartless robots sans sentience! They should be thankful that Clarissa liberated them from their tender prisons and is trying to collect their souls!

Clarissa attempts to rip the elevator doors out of the elevator shaft so that she can recreate a Spiderman movie by climbing straight up one of the elevator walls!

Spiderwoman! Spiderwoman! Does whatever a spider can (and then some)!

17. - Top - End - #77

Outside the Tower

Giant boulders raining down, volleys of shrapnel, not to mention a crashing gunship now... I'd say that ought qualify as one hell of a diversion, wouldn'tcha agree?

Amidst the chaos, the loud *whooomph!* of spontaneously compressed air could easily go unheard. But I suppose it would be rather more difficult to ignore what the teleportation spell leaves in it's wake- A mean green killing machine standing half again as tall as a mortal man, armored in bulletproof scales and armed with a modified turret gun.

With a pull of a lever the turret's internal battery switches on, dumping power into the magnetic gauss coils. There's no need for spinning barrels or warming up the mechanism- A half-second after the trigger's pulled, there's a barrage of angry metal hornets zipping at barely hypersonic speeds towards any guards who've foolishly remained at their posts.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Research Labs

Cyrus grins as he begins to notice the sounds of battle reverberating through the building. This was better than he could have hoped.

"Well, it doesn't sound like you're keeping this job much longer regardless of your actions, but don't let me make your decisions for you. As for AMEN, there is always a place for those who can make themselves useful."

The grin fades as he looks up at the mana filter and Marciano sends in his message.

"It sounds like you have something to do, if you'd like to keep this job after all! Don't worry, I can handle the rest of the construction myself."

Meanwhile, the Mana Filter emits a low hum as it draws Red Mana out of its environment and into itself. Clarissa might find that her fires take just slightly more energy to start, and might even seem a tad dimmer once they're lit. The guards throughout the tower might find that their weapons aren't firing nearly as effectively as the explosions that power guns in the first place have some strength sucked out of them. The electrical systems and lights may begin to flicker as electricity is drained from them. The very stone and steel itself in the walls may seem to grow crude and weak as something... ...vital is drained from them. Almost as if they were never really forged in the first place. Even the ambitions and passions of those nearby might find themselves dampened slightly as the filter attempts to drain everything connected to Red mana away from its position and into itself.

The filter begins glowing rather brightly, turning a hot pink quickly and progressing toward red...
    Mr. Brant nods at Cyrus slowly. No...Mr. Cyrus, we have quite the security on the upper floors. Marciano likes his security to be perfect. I doubt they'll get past that wizardy guy....never understood magic too much about magic. I think I'll just stay here, by the way...um....there's some pastries in the little room outside the laboratory for when you get hungry. I should go prepare the Defense Mechanisms, by the way, wheel that thing over to the big chrome room upstairs when you can. We installed wheels, and it weighs almost nothing, we built it with special metal called "elementium". Marciano plans on using this thing as the last defense. Just intercom me when it's done. Marciano nods and passes a bluetooth to Cyrus. He'll then head up the elevators and get ready by activating the supercomputer ZETA.

[First Floor - Going Up!]

So that's why Marciano had money to burn!

Oh boy! Free barbecued office snacks! Yummy! Kid Clarissa will just have a bite of one of those to keep her energy up and whet her appetite for mortal flesh! Then she'll be on her way!

Don't look at her like that. The office workers weren't in control of their own bodies or minds. They didn't have families that Clarissa cared about and might as well have been heartless robots sans sentience! They should be thankful that Clarissa liberated them from their tender prisons and is trying to collect their souls!

Clarissa attempts to rip the elevator doors out of the elevator shaft so that she can recreate a Spiderman movie by climbing straight up one of the elevator walls!

Spiderwoman! Spiderwoman! Does whatever a spider can (and then some)!
    So, Clarissa manages to rip out the chrome elevator door. The door goes flying, and the elevator shakes. The buttons on the elevator say that there are eighty floors, all filled with stormtrooper living areas, so unless Clarissa has no common sense, or is confident enough that she can take on all the staff, she should probably try to skip those floors. At maximum, she'll be able to climb up to floor sixty, but it's a long, sweaty, and difficult climb. After about....twenty-five minutes or so, she'll have made it up.

Outside the Tower

Giant boulders raining down, volleys of shrapnel, not to mention a crashing gunship now... I'd say that ought qualify as one hell of a diversion, wouldn'tcha agree?

Amidst the chaos, the loud *whooomph!* of spontaneously compressed air could easily go unheard. But I suppose it would be rather more difficult to ignore what the teleportation spell leaves in it's wake- A mean green killing machine standing half again as tall as a mortal man, armored in bulletproof scales and armed with a modified turret gun.

With a pull of a lever the turret's internal battery switches on, dumping power into the magnetic gauss coils. There's no need for spinning barrels or warming up the mechanism- A half-second after the trigger's pulled, there's a barrage of angry metal hornets zipping at barely hypersonic speeds towards any guards who've foolishly remained at their posts.
    By now, any guards outside are scrambling and running pathetically around like keystone cops in some cartoon. A few organized ones bunch up in front of the door, and one manages to get an anti-matter shot off. However, then a swarm of hornets blast their way, puncturing holes in their armour, killing the guards quickly. Now, there's a pile of dead guards, and one of the big glass panes a story up blasts open, fire blasting out. The gunship finally connects to the ground about thirty feet from the green thing, exploding, sending shrapnel and bits of metal everywhere.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

[Elevator - Taking the Stairs Might've Been Faster...]

25 minutes! Oh no! Kid Clarissa doesn't meet the attention span prerequisite to navigate this tower that slowly! Think, Clarissa! Think! Ask yourself What Would Spiderman Do?

Spiderman would attempt to slingshot himself up to the top of the elevator shaft using webbing! So that's what Clarissa must do too! She'll substitute elastic black goo for webs and give it a go at once!

If that all goes to plan and she successfully catapults herself up to floor sixty, she'll attempt to peek through the elevator door with x-ray vision! Her instinct warns her that something is waiting for her behind door number 1, but what could it be?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Research Labs]

"Alright, Dr. Brant."

As Dr. Brant leaves, Cyrus... ...does nothing. At all.

...Oh, look. He's checking his watch. Fascinating.

Meanwhile, that Mana filter is starting to look a bit like a pool of congealed blood. The temperature in the room has probably dropped a few degrees since a minute ago as well...

21. - Top - End - #81

Outside the Tower

The explosion catches Markus at it's outer edge, the hydratroll stumbling forward a step as a long shard of metal sinks through his shoulder. That's nothing. With an angry grunt he simply digs his claws into the wound and pulls the shrapnel out, flesh knitting back together almost instantly once it's removed. What can't be so easily repaired is the battery-pack, which now sports several punctures, lithium flames licking at the edges.

Shrugging the battery pack off his shoulders, Markus slices through the cord connecting it to the gun. That leaves him with a roughly fifty-pound metal club, which he's now going to employ upon the poor saps still firing at him, roaring as he charges at the last few guards.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elevator - Taking the Stairs Might've Been Faster...]

25 minutes! Oh no! Kid Clarissa doesn't meet the attention span prerequisite to navigate this tower that slowly! Think, Clarissa! Think! Ask yourself What Would Spiderman Do?

Spiderman would attempt to slingshot himself up to the top of the elevator shaft using webbing! So that's what Clarissa must do too! She'll substitute elastic black goo for webs and give it a go at once!

If that all goes to plan and she successfully catapults herself up to floor sixty, she'll attempt to peek through the elevator door with x-ray vision! Her instinct warns her that something is waiting for her behind door number 1, but what could it be?
    Stairs probably would've been faster, yes. Luckily, the walls of the elevator shaft are not the slippery chrome that makes up the rest of the tower. The black goo sticks, and she catapults up to floor sixty easily, and just in time, seeing as the elevator up further in the shaft, starts to descend. Unless she enters floor sixty, the elevator might smash into Clarissa. Using her x-ray vision, she can see that behind door number 1, there are a few life-forms, humanoid, wearing long draping cothing. They are waiting.

[Research Labs]

"Alright, Dr. Brant."

As Dr. Brant leaves, Cyrus... ...does nothing. At all.

...Oh, look. He's checking his watch. Fascinating.

Meanwhile, that Mana filter is starting to look a bit like a pool of congealed blood. The temperature in the room has probably dropped a few degrees since a minute ago as well...
    Mr. Brant leaves, a little creeped out by Cyrus's weird addition to The Spirit Engine. He heads up the elevator, which is...slower than usual. A camera is staring straight at Cyrus, controlled by Zeta, who's systems are not at all effected by the red mana loss. The temperature does seem to descend. Mr. Brant heads up to the very top floors, to activate the systems and prepare them for battle...

Outside the Tower

The explosion catches Markus at it's outer edge, the hydratroll stumbling forward a step as a long shard of metal sinks through his shoulder. That's nothing. With an angry grunt he simply digs his claws into the wound and pulls the shrapnel out, flesh knitting back together almost instantly once it's removed. What can't be so easily repaired is the battery-pack, which now sports several punctures, lithium flames licking at the edges.

Shrugging the battery pack off his shoulders, Markus slices through the cord connecting it to the gun. That leaves him with a roughly fifty-pound metal club, which he's now going to employ upon the poor saps still firing at him, roaring as he charges at the last few guards.
    The four soldiers in front of the door keep firing, even as the hydratroll heals...When they realize that the thing is healing, they lower their weapons in horror, they couldn't even kill this thing without magic...Instead, they attempt to turn their backs to the hydratroll, and scramble to the door, which has been locked on them. They scratch at the door, pleading to be let in, while the gun-ship continues to burn, almost exploding.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

((As this is going again, and Mayhala had volunteered to help kill off Marciano, I believe I'll bring her in now, if there are no objections...))

[Behind the Guards]

A seething maelstrom, purple and black, crawling with what would seem, were there any from the proper universe, to be pure Chaos, opens behind the guards, and a tall woman, with bone-white skin, inky black hair, coming to perhaps her shoulders, though it's hard to tell with the way it's swirling about her head, pulled by the silent wind from the portal, and eyes which seem to eat light, steps through, a hollow laugh echoing around them as she does.

"You want to be safe, little mortals? Perhaps you should have considered how many enemies would be made by your employer, then..."

With that, she gestures negligently at them, laughing again, the sound seeming to sink into their hearts, chilling their blood, leaving pure terror in its wake*, even as a massive beast of shadow and flesh, perhaps half again as large as the hydratroll, bipedal, even humanoid, but with legs jointed backwards, arms ending in masses of flesh with long, spindly-seeming - though as thick as a man's wrist, only the beast's massive nature causing them to appear fragile - tendrils sprouting from them, a four-part mouth in its belly, and a chaotic mass of spines growing from its back and tail, steps from the hell-mouth behind her.

*Unless they're immune to magic or some such, that is.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-03-28 at 09:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

[Elevator Shaft - They're Waiting For You, Gordon]

In the test chamber...

Waiting. The cultists are patiently awaiting their imminent death! Maybe they called that elevator that is rappelling down the chute, but with another elevator stationed below that could very well occupy the same space as this one sooner or later, a collision is inevitable. Perhaps it won't happen today, but it is inevitable nonetheless. She's saving these slaves from the horrible torture of being forced to listen to brain-ravaging elevator music for minutes on end without any foreseeable intermission!

With world-splitting telekinetic power and her foot, Clarissa attempts to kick the elevator doors off of their tracks at the long-robed cultists guarding the passageway on the other side! She'll then attempt to invade the adjoining chamber on foot!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Research Labs]

Cyrus... ...continues to be astonishingly inactive, continuing to watch the mana filter. It's almost black now; The battle raging outside is producing enough red mana to feed it in a microfraction of what would be the normal reasonable time. It doesn't hurt that Cyrus is quietly feeding it some dark magic to chew on so it picks up more energy without actually exploding.

It's subtle enough that it probably wouldn't be noticed even by a camera that could see magic. Even if one could, Cyrus is already magically connected to the thing because he created it. It would be difficult to discern the difference.

*Yawn*

26. - Top - End - #86

Outside the Tower

And besides the shadowbeast, the guards have a very angry bearing down on them with every intent of stomping them into two dimensional pancakes.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    ((As this is going again, and Mayhala had volunteered to help kill off Marciano, I believe I'll bring her in now, if there are no objections...))

[Behind the Guards]

A seething maelstrom, purple and black, crawling with what would seem, were there any from the proper universe, to be pure Chaos, opens behind the guards, and a tall woman, with bone-white skin, inky black hair, coming to perhaps her shoulders, though it's hard to tell with the way it's swirling about her head, pulled by the silent wind from the portal, and eyes which seem to eat light, steps through, a hollow laugh echoing around them as she does.

"You want to be safe, little mortals? Perhaps you should have considered how many enemies would be made by your employer, then..."

With that, she gestures negligently at them, laughing again, the sound seeming to sink into their hearts, chilling their blood, leaving pure terror in its wake*, even as a massive beast of shadow and flesh, perhaps half again as large as the hydratroll, bipedal, even humanoid, but with legs jointed backwards, arms ending in masses of flesh with long, spindly-seeming - though as thick as a man's wrist, only the beast's massive nature causing them to appear fragile - a four-part mouth in its belly, and a chaotic mass of spines growing from its back and tail, steps from the hell-mouth behind her.

*Unless they're immune to magic or some such, that is.
    Well. The guards are absolutely terrified, and are not immune to magic. The poor soldiers clump up and start firing at the beast, Holy ****! Ah! The guards are terrified. Please don't eat us! We'll let you in!

[Elevator Shaft - They're Waiting For You, Gordon]

In the test chamber...

Waiting. The cultists are patiently awaiting their imminent death! Maybe they called that elevator that is rappelling down the chute, but with another elevator stationed below that could very well occupy the same space as this one sooner or later, a collision is inevitable. Perhaps it won't happen today, but it is inevitable nonetheless. She's saving these slaves from the horrible torture of being forced to listen to brain-ravaging elevator music for minutes on end without any foreseeable intermission!

With world-splitting telekinetic power and her foot, Clarissa attempts to kick the elevator doors off of their tracks at the long-robed cultists guarding the passageway on the other side! She'll then attempt to invade the adjoining chamber on foot!
    Well, Clarissa blasts the elevator doors in, just to have said elevator doors disintegrated in front of her with a potent spell. Three cultists stand in the hall now. One having just casted, the other two launch horrible purplish-reddish bolts of energy at Clarissa. Die! Non-believer!

[Research Labs]

Cyrus... ...continues to be astonishingly inactive, continuing to watch the mana filter. It's almost black now; The battle raging outside is producing enough red mana to feed it in a microfraction of what would be the normal reasonable time. It doesn't hurt that Cyrus is quietly feeding it some dark magic to chew on so it picks up more energy without actually exploding.

It's subtle enough that it probably wouldn't be noticed even by a camera that could see magic. Even if one could, Cyrus is already magically connected to the thing because he created it. It would be difficult to discern the difference.

*Yawn*
    What is going on? Hm. None of the security do anything, they don't care about some weird scientist dude playing with the big machine.

Outside the Tower

And besides the shadowbeast, the guards have a very angry bearing down on them with every intent of stomping them into two dimensional pancakes.
    The guards are effectively stomped, and crushed by the hydratrolls foot!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-12-10 at 01:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we waiting for someone in particular?

Marciano sits in his big leather chair at the top floor feeling very smug indeed. His plan was working, and if it did fail, he already made the E chip and the elementium body to meld with his final clones. There would be a Marciano Louv're returning. This would not be the end, not really. There would always be a Marciano Louv're in the world. He sat there, in his dim room, and thought of what he'd done so far in his life. Not much to be proud of, even by his standards. He'd make his legacy shine today. This would be the day chaos died. He'd tear a rip in space and time, upsetting the natural equilibrium. If Marciano had to go, he'd be sure to rip away anything he can with him. Marciano never did amount to much. He sat there, almost hoping for the time to come, for him to pass. At least then he'd be remembered. A shadow of another force brought low before the Nexus.

He'd show them all. All who doubted Marciano would ever be something. He remembered his first day in The Nexus, looked down on...seen as...lesser. This'd be the day. He'd destroy time. He'd break order. He'd destroy everything. If The Spirit Engine failed, he could override ZETA, jamming stolen souls into it, there aren't many souls due to the massacre at the drill site, just enough. He'd rip a hole in the stars. He'd do something Magtok couldn't, he'd destroy all matter. Kill them all off, before dying as well....finally as someone's equal. That's all he ever really wanted.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-01-09 at 08:09 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Outside the Tower

Pausing a moment to grind the last guard's corpse into the dirt and appreciate the squish of jellied flesh between his toes, Markus turns the double doors. Tucking his chin down and raising up his shoulder, the hydratroll throws himself forward full tilt, ready to brute force his way through whatever traps Marciano has set for intruders.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Research Labs]

Cyrus simply mutters one line under his breath.

"My apologies, Dr. Brant."

And with that, the invisible magical wire he'd been working on connects on one end to the Mana Filter, and attempts to connect on the other side to the wire in the wall leading to ZETA's power feed. With ALL of the energy that the Mana Filter had been absorbing over the past several turns, skimming off the top of all the energy expended upon the battlefield for the various bits of running around and explosions and gunshots and everything else in addition to Cyrus' own power, nearly five petajoules of electricity rush through the wire. This is approximately (in wide terms, given the enormous amounts we're talking about) the total energy released by a megaton of TNT.

Needless to say, this is something that nobody wants to be near. If the magical channel connects properly, the wire it connects to probably explodes, as I doubt that it was designed or even could be designed with such a high level of capacitance. Of course, since electrons bounce through wires at just short of the speed of light, anything connected to that wire probably explodes too. ZETA's defense systems may or may not allow it to survive, but forcing it to overclock while melting its power feed with the sheer amount of energy might not exactly be a good thing.

In whatever case, as soon as the connection is made and the energy transferred, Cyrus winks out of existence in a tiny burst of fire.