New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Market Street

That is a notion. Another is that maybe elements of this world differ from those of my own such that no etheric component is needed to draw out their properties? I only wish I'd brought more from my home to put to testing. A slight frown pulls at the edges of the Wizard's smile, more than a little anger mixed in there. But that is no matter. I am sure if I put my mind to it I shall find a solution before my visit here is done. Assuming he can ever find a way to leave. That too is something that troubles him, but, this he doesn't let show.

East gate. Nine of the clock. He repeats, filtering out the modern slang as he commits it to memory and nods in agreement. That would be a good time, yes. For the salt gathering or for this other work? Tucking away the new potions he reaches into one of the many pouches in his coat, a slight rattle of metal confirming coinage within. And how much for these potions?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings - Roberts

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Sitar's Strings - Roberts]

Roberts rubs his chin thoughtfully for a moment, considering the proposal.

An interesting one, to be sure, but he looks a little uncertain.

"It's something I can work with, for sure. I do have a couple of concerns though. The first is a minor one, but worth mentioning. Namely that regardless of how legitimate the research is, and you can be sure I would ensure my work is done as thoroughly as possible, there will be accusations of fraud. While anything strictly above the law would prove fruitless, some people might go beyond that. I highly doubt they'd succeed, but it is something that could delay things quite substantially. My second concern is more serious, and one that may raise more problems with any published results. Superiority is a rather vague term. Whatever standards we use to determine superiority could be challenged quite easily. It could cause an almost endless debate, require constant repeat tests with different standards. Other people might try to do the same thing to prove us wrong."

Roberts shakes his head, "What I'm saying in a nutshell, Mr Starling, is that this is something that could take decades. Claims that the results are a fraud will at most delay things, but serious scientific opposition could drag it out for a long time. If you want the results to be accepted quickly, you're going to have to find a way to silence anyone capable of doing that."

"I have... associates... who are willing to do things that are not strictly legal. Of course it is quite difficult to silence anyone permanently. Sometimes they come back." Starling says.

Laneside Bowling

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Lanside Bowling

Justin shrugs. "I don't really know. I figured we would each just clean something then move on to another thing when we were done. I know I'll have to vacuum for the carpets. Other than that, it's all just wiping and dusting and mopping. Especially the bathrooms, but we can save that for-" THUD!

Justin dashes straight to Tito. He isn't yelling in pain so he's probably fine. Justin hefts the ball back to it's place. "Careful with the balls Tito. You probably guessed, but they're really heavy. I've got lighter ones you can try later," he says. "And Lily. That's not particularly dangerous, but you're going to ruin your socks that way." It would also be a foul in bowling.

"Wow. Why would anyone want to play with a ball that is that heavy?"
    Tito asks.

Lily completely ignores Justin and continues sliding on the lanes. Actually, I think she's just squealing in fun too much to hear.

"How about starting with the kitchen?"
    Brand says. Have to take care of the important things!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

[Sitar's Strings - Clareckyberissa]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Oh no! Scott's getting away!

Clarissa would menacingly hover over Mister Starling and growl "This isn't over!" at him if Becky weren't tempting her so. But with Becky's trip ending as it did...

A minority of Clarissa, Wrath and Gluttony, craves the termination of Emily using the telephone cord for the purposes of irony! The other five have reached a consensus that they thirst for Scott's phone and Becky. Lust and Pride are the most outspoken sins in this debate. Lust demands Becky at once to surfeit her appetite while Pride calls for the phone so that Clarissa's reputation as top predator should remain intact. They soon compromise and chaos ensues.

Lust recklessly attempts to bounce across the restaurant, pounce on Becky, and make-out with her! She's trying to channel a month's worth of her brand of magic into Becky as she naturally would. Meanwhile, Pride attempts to blink (warp space culminating in a series of quick teleportation over a short distance) Lust and Becky into the back of the Sitar's Strings!

This probably won't close the gap between the girls and Scott, but at least Pride gave it a go!

Presumably Clarissa turns Becky over before making out, considering she landed on her front. However the shadowcaster certainly isn't objecting to anything Clarissa does to her. Returning it in spades!

...and also keeping just enough willpower ready for shadow portaling out if the fuzz arrive and they're still there...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings - Berissaclarecky

Clarissa would find it difficult to use the phone cord to strangle Emily, since the phone in her hand is Starling's mobile. Do phones even come with cords anymore? I have one corded phone in the closet to use when the power it out, but even that's not really important unless it's out long enough for the battery to run out on my mobile.

At any rate, Clarissa blinks to the back alley behind the restaurant, where Scott can be seen fleeing towards the street. The same street where a Remnant vehicle can be seen arriving. Oh noes!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #635
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Market Street]

"Salt first." Nephea said as she held up a few fingers to denote the amount for the potions. "Might as well do that first as I think it'll be the hardest and.. Well, it was what we talked about first after all. Sequence is important although I think that's mostly because it's been drilled into me from my apprenticeship." the catamander said with a wry smile.

"I'd also suggest you dress for hot weather. It doesn't look like it but the places around here can change climate on you pretty quickly if you aren't paying attention. Heck, I've even seen a desert bordering a taiga tundra once. Ever seen caribou trying to eat cactus? It's crazy." she said. "Ah! And try to pack as lightly as you can. And soft shoes! It sounds strange, I know, but there's a point to this. Trust me." That would be the end of the advice Nephea would be giving the wizard but unless there were any further questions, then supposedly all that remained would be the exchange of coin.

6. - Top - End - #636

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Laneside Bowling

"Wow. Why would anyone want to play with a ball that is that heavy?"
    Tito asks.

Lily completely ignores Justin and continues sliding on the lanes. Actually, I think she's just squealing in fun too much to hear.

"How about starting with the kitchen?"
    Brand says. Have to take care of the important things!
    Laneside Bowling

Let Lily have her fun. Worst thing that's likely to happen is a scolding form her mother for making her socks so dirty. "You roll it," Justin explains. "And because it's so heavy, it'll roll differently if you're off even a little bit."

Justin, hadn't even thought about the kitchen. He had barely ever gone back there since he doesn't cook. "There's one behind the snack bar." It's filled with pretty much anything a fast-food serving place would offer. A grill for burgers, an oven for pizza, fryers for... fries, and some other stuff as necessary. "I guess we can start we could start there." He was honestly more concerned with the main room since he doesn't even know how to cook.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-11-01 at 03:41 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

To Brand, it isn't a home without a working kitchen!

"Tito, you and Lily can play for a little while. I'll put you to work in a bit." Brand says. He pulls the cart into the kitchen and the cleaning montage begins!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-01 at 04:23 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #638

Laneside Bowling

Justin follows Brand into the Kitchen to help, because this is his house, darn it, and he's not going to put anything at the Applehill's feet he won't do himself. What Justin wouldn't do for an army of loyal animal janitors by the time they're done with the Kitchen. Seriously, how dirty can a kitchen get when noone has used it in years? Too dirty, that's how.

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

It might take most of the day for the kitchen to get done. The kids come in to help after about a half hour of hard core playing, but they're surprisingly good helpers for their age and size, and are completely comfortable climbing around on countertops and such to get at all the corners.

When they are done, Justin has a working kitchen! At least if the Applehills teach him to cook. With a nice large grill, there are plenty of easy things he can learn to make - omelets, pancakes, hashbrowns, grilled cheese sandwiches, and the like.

The deep fat fryer is probably not salvageable though. Oil left sitting around that long tends to turn to varnish. Probably just as well. Heating up that much oil to cook for one person would be rather wasteful, and Justin is not the type of person to waste anything, ever.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #640

Laneside Bowling

Like I said, he really wishes he had that rodent janitor army. This kid has never done a day of housework in his life, and it's kind of catching up to him.

"Glad that's over with," he says trying to stretch his back. "Where should we start next? The vacuuming, the tables, the lanes?"

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #641
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hanks Hookahs

Charity sighs heavily. "Fine, Calvin. If you want to let your uncle run your life forever, I can't stop you. Does this place sell coffee? I need some coffee."
    "Yeah I bet they do."

He waves down one of the servers then leans back in the sofa staying quite now, looking like he is thinking.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #642
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sitar's Strings - Beckyclarissa]

Meh. The majority of restaurants I've dined at have stayed the course with wired phones. But come to think of it, phone wire garrotes would be a terrible way to off a mook as the wires are constructed so flimsily this day and age!

But you know what they say... Haters gonna hate!

Clarissa's gonna have to oust these hateful, hateful supremacists another day! This outcome isn't an outcome that she's feeling good about. She'll have to be more discreet next time...if there is a next time, that is.

She'll have to regale Ilpholin with this story soon. Ugh! She's not looking forward to reporting in to Ilph about this half-disappointment... On the other hand, she did destroy their furniture and their carpet. And she stole Brian's top hat! She sincerely hopes that spiteful Starling doesn't have good insurance on his restaurant, but she's sure he did!

But now's not the time to scheme and think evil thoughts! Now's the time to make-out with Becky and maybe consider looping a tendril around Scott's ankles if he is nearby and dragging him back into the darkness of the back alley. Or lightness of the back alley. This isn't the Red Zone with alleys of doom! This is an upscale neighborhood. Bah, who is Clarissa kidding! Scott is probably too far away for the tendrils to trip him without completely revealing her position anyway and with what all went down in the restaurant, she doesn't want to physically touch him! Eww! But maybe...

Clarissa attempts to make use of one of her tails to flick a garbage can lid or some other small object at Scott like a frisbee! Maybe he'll fall over and smash his phone or something! It is a shot in the dark, but Clarissa doesn't have any more energy to spare to devote to stopping Scott from making tracks. Becky is her main focus! Becky is her vice.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

But Vice is a weird Far clone thingy somethingorother of Raril!

Becky, needless to say, is quite enjoying making out with Clarissa right there in the alleyway. However that approaching Remnant vehicle does get the attention of her consiousness, and she knows that that bunch of killjoys wouldn't be interested in joining in (not even Commander Vasquez, and isn't that a shame).

"Time to say there's no place like home, Mistress Clarissa?" Becky teases, whispering in her partner's ear even as she readies her powers and goes to turn them to give the approaching squaddies the best possible profile view of the two sultry- and barely-clad beauties!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #644

[Outside DFI]

Rachel walks out of the Inn and takes a moment to look around. Then she looks over her shoulder to her wife.

Well, which way do you wanna go?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside DFI]
    Alilia looks around, eventually picking a direction at random with a grin.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

16. - Top - End - #646

Market Street

Heh. Now that I think is something true of every alchemy practice. The Wizard says, grinning back as he counts out the coin and hands it to Nephea. I will meet you at nine 'o clock then, at the east gate. Until then. Tipping his pointy stars-and-moons wizard hat in goodbye, he turns and departs into the crowd.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Laneside Bowling

Like I said, he really wishes he had that rodent janitor army. This kid has never done a day of housework in his life, and it's kind of catching up to him.

"Glad that's over with," he says trying to stretch his back. "Where should we start next? The vacuuming, the tables, the lanes?"

"I'm hungry!"
    Lily announces.

"Me too."

Big surprise there.

"How about a break?"
    Brand says. And he pulls out the inevitable picnic basket from the cart. It's full of yumminess! Enough for three hungry halflings and a Vault-kiddy who has been working far too hard today.

Hanks Hookahs
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Hanks Hookahs
    "Yeah I bet they do."

He waves down one of the servers then leans back in the sofa staying quite now, looking like he is thinking.
    Charity has nothing more to say either. Just sips her coffee for now.

Sitar's Strings - Back Alley

Spoiler
    Show

Meh. The majority of restaurants I've dined at have stayed the course with wired phones. But come to think of it, phone wire garrotes would be a terrible way to off a mook as the wires are constructed so flimsily this day and age!

But you know what they say... Haters gonna hate!

Clarissa's gonna have to oust these hateful, hateful supremacists another day! This outcome isn't an outcome that she's feeling good about. She'll have to be more discreet next time...if there is a next time, that is.

She'll have to regale Ilpholin with this story soon. Ugh! She's not looking forward to reporting in to Ilph about this half-disappointment... On the other hand, she did destroy their furniture and their carpet. And she stole Brian's top hat! She sincerely hopes that spiteful Starling doesn't have good insurance on his restaurant, but she's sure he did!

But now's not the time to scheme and think evil thoughts! Now's the time to make-out with Becky and maybe consider looping a tendril around Scott's ankles if he is nearby and dragging him back into the darkness of the back alley. Or lightness of the back alley. This isn't the Red Zone with alleys of doom! This is an upscale neighborhood. Bah, who is Clarissa kidding! Scott is probably too far away for the tendrils to trip him without completely revealing her position anyway and with what all went down in the restaurant, she doesn't want to physically touch him! Eww! But maybe...

Clarissa attempts to make use of one of her tails to flick a garbage can lid or some other small object at Scott like a frisbee! Maybe he'll fall over and smash his phone or something! It is a shot in the dark, but Clarissa doesn't have any more energy to spare to devote to stopping Scott from making tracks. Becky is her main focus! Becky is her vice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

But Vice is a weird Far clone thingy somethingorother of Raril!

Becky, needless to say, is quite enjoying making out with Clarissa right there in the alleyway. However that approaching Remnant vehicle does get the attention of her consiousness, and she knows that that bunch of killjoys wouldn't be interested in joining in (not even Commander Vasquez, and isn't that a shame).

"Time to say there's no place like home, Mistress Clarissa?" Becky teases, whispering in her partner's ear even as she readies her powers and goes to turn them to give the approaching squaddies the best possible profile view of the two sultry- and barely-clad beauties!

Emily's more than a mook! She has a name! A tektek! A text colour! She has a mother who has been seen onscreen, and who also has a name, tektek, and text colour! I'm not sure if she's exactly a PC yet, but she's definitely more than a mook! A mini-boss maybe?

Oh, and the phone-without-a-cord that Clarissa thought of using as a garotte is the same phone that Starling pulled out of his pocket earlier in the scene. So definitely a mobile phone, all along.

Scott, however, is totally a mook. He was speaking in gray, which is my npc colour, and he didn't even get a name until Emily needed to shout it at him. He gets thwapped with a garbage can lid (which is inexplicably the old metal style, instead of the heavy duty plastic wheelie bin kind) and goes sprawling. His phone makes a distressing crunch when it hits the ground. "Nooooo! Not my iPhone! I spent three months pay on that!"

Poor Scott.

At any rate, Berissa make their escape. The Remnant people go in and question Starling and Emily offscreen.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #648

Laneside Bowling

"I'm hungry!"
    Lily announces.

"Me too."

Big surprise there.

"How about a break?"
    Brand says. And he pulls out the inevitable picnic basket from the cart. It's full of yumminess! Enough for three hungry halflings and a Vault-kiddy who has been working far too hard today.
    Laneside Bowling

Sounds delicious, bet it smells delicious too. "Oooh, are some of those 'best sandwiches' you guys mentioned in there?" They built that up a ton last time.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #649
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sitar Strings - Run Away!!! ]

I...I feel kinda bad for Scott. Three month's pay?! Geeze! Maybe the warranty hasn't expired but... Three months? That's... Wow... Mighty morphing power rangers popular mobile phones in the Nexus must be very, very expensive or Scott's salary must be very, very small!

On that same note, I just realized that there's no minimum wage in the Nexus. But working for Starling probably pays unbelievably well 'cause he's evil and rich and above all, fashionable! Top hats are classy thus Brian Starling is a classy man.

Mini-boss sounds about right! Emily has been trained in the martial arts, after all, and she stood up to Clarissa to some degree. I wasn't aware of the fact that Emily's mother had appeared onscreen before! For my own curiosity's sake, is she a violent or a nonviolent human supremacist (among her crowd)?

"No place...home."

Lust purrs, echoing Becky's susurration to the best of her ability. She's too busy to recite the phrase in full, and I'll refrain from belaboring the reason why more than I already have.

Mission complete! Next up, curtains (probably). Take it away, Becky!

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings followup

I figured three months of pay for a part time teenage waiter who doesn't get great tips seemed reasonable for the latest high tech smartphone. I could have mis-guesstimated.

Emily's mother, Jan, is the manager of the restaurant. Starling is the owner. Jan was involved with the lunatic cult leader Charlie before he martyred himself and Starling took over to try to clean up the Humanists and make them less Mansonesque - change them from Chaotic Evil to Lawful Evil. Jan was sane enough to make the transition without making problems for Starling. Linda wasn't, so she got sent off on a suicide mission to harpoon Magtok.

Laneside Bowling

Laneside Bowling

Sounds delicious, bet it smells delicious too. "Oooh, are some of those 'best sandwiches' you guys mentioned in there?" They built that up a ton last time.

"Nah, these aren't that good,"
    Tito says, digging into his sandwich. Protip: They really really are. "They'd need to be fresh made for that. These are hours old, with yesterday's bread."

Omnomnom!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #651

Laneside Bowling

"What does a few hours and yesterday's bread have to do with it?" Silly Tito what does "fresh" have to do with anything. So long as bread isn't mostly green and fuzzy it's perfectly edible. Justin enjoys his sandwich, bread and freshness completely unaffecting his taste.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #652

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Outside DFI]
    Alilia looks around, eventually picking a direction at random with a grin.
    Rachel smiles at her wife's method of choice, then follow her in the chosen direction.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    Alilia is happy to walk hand-in-hand with her, pointing out anything that vaguely catches her notice.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookah]

Calvin takes several long pulls from the hookah.

"There has to be a middle ground in there. Can't I keep him safe and make my own decisions." He sits up setting down his hose. "I just have to stand up to him."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #655

[East Gate]

What a place.

Rickety old carts come rolling past, axles creaking under the weight of the goods they carry, outraced by clanking, shuddering clockwork carriages powered by strange arcane engines. Mundane horses share a tethering post with leathery, black-winged steeds, huge jungle cats chafing against their saddles, all manner of beasts sharing the same trough of water.

The Wizard is here as he promised to be, early even, watching in utter fascination and doing his best to stay out from underfoot. He's found shelter from the throng in a grocer's stall set just off the main road, buying the ocassional apple to keep the owner from tossing him out as he waits for Nephea to arrive.

Heeding the advice he was given the Wizard has dressed lightly for the coming adventure, woolen cloak and pointy hat left behind in favor of simple breeches, a white shirt and tan vest. The shoes have proven a little trickier though. Not having any that would meet the requirements, he's bought himself a new set of shiny white modern sneakers, laughably out of place in his otherwise archaic wardrobe.

26. - Top - End - #656

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Kribulkin Street

Well, way back Ekkehard tried to gently grip the sides of Latella's head, but I didn't get a reply.

Instead, Ekkehard rolls his eyes and tries to punch Latella between hers. He's far stronger than he looks. When he was turned from glabrezu into human only his shape changed; his strength did not.
    ((Oops.... I swear I thought your post said "baps her on either side of her head" >.< I guess grabbing her made more sense in context... sorry ))

Latalla is punched square in the face. She stumbles back. This music starts playing, seemingly from out of nowhere.

Them's fighting words!

She raises her fists, then collapses in a heap on the ground. This music plays and a shower of copper coins rains down around the gathered arsonists. As well as several flasks of weak potions of healing, a rusty dagger, fifteen bat wings, and one "rotting bear carcass". Any of the current PCs might also level/gain XP, but only if they swing that way.

Latalla remains out cold for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Dinner and a Pony]

"Haha! If you wanted to use unicorn magic you would need a horn," Sigil laughs before pausing to eat some more tasteh veggies. "But over the course of my research I've discovered that unicorn magic is actually quite similar to using psionics with a dorj as a focus."

A pause.

"Uuhh... A dorj is a special rod made of crystal that helps to focus your mind. And I believe that anyone can learn to use some form of magic. Even if it's one of the more mundane kinds."

He gives a rather wide smile. "See, that is my discovery. The idea I've been working on. Any time you Will the world around you to change and it does? That's magic. It's just that many kinds of magic are so common place that people don't think of it as magic. To most magic is only the extra-ordinary or the flashy. But stomping on a see-saw to launch a ball into the air is just as magical as using a wizard's staff to blast it up with a gust of wind."
    If that is the case, how do you reconcile the preservation of energy with things such as magic wells? Or are you implying that the laws of thermodynamics would only apply to a small subset of magical energies? And if so, what determines which of the magical forces are subject to the physical laws of the universe?

Terref's children roll their eyes and start eating.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

27. - Top - End - #657

[Dinner and a Pony]

"A star certainly seems like an infinite source of power as well, yes?" the pony replies as he continues nomming his food. "But it isn't. Vast beyond comprehension, sure. But ultimately limited. As is any power source for anything."

Mmm... tasty carrots...

"Different universes function by different sets of laws. Though there are a few that seem to be more or less consistent. That's part of what makes the Nexus so fascinating! All these different sets of rules all operating at once and jostling into each other with sometimes silly and sometimes scary results! It's such a wonder place to study."

Om nom nom broccoli!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

[Sitar Strings - Run Away!!! ]

I...I feel kinda bad for Scott. Three month's pay?! Geeze! Maybe the warranty hasn't expired but... Three months? That's... Wow... Mighty morphing power rangers popular mobile phones in the Nexus must be very, very expensive or Scott's salary must be very, very small!

On that same note, I just realized that there's no minimum wage in the Nexus. But working for Starling probably pays unbelievably well 'cause he's evil and rich and above all, fashionable! Top hats are classy thus Brian Starling is a classy man.

Mini-boss sounds about right! Emily has been trained in the martial arts, after all, and she stood up to Clarissa to some degree. I wasn't aware of the fact that Emily's mother had appeared onscreen before! For my own curiosity's sake, is she a violent or a nonviolent human supremacist (among her crowd)?

"No place...home."

Lust purrs, echoing Becky's susurration to the best of her ability. She's too busy to recite the phrase in full, and I'll refrain from belaboring the reason why more than I already have.

Mission complete! Next up, curtains (probably). Take it away, Becky!
    Becky will indeed open her shadowspace window, depositing the two of them directly into her room at AMEN.

Henceforth, curtains!

And then, once those happen, she'll be mauled by the vengeful ghost of continuity, as she's already at AMEN just later in her timeline.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #659
    Halfling in the Playground

Sitar's Strings - Roberts

"I have... associates... who are willing to do things that are not strictly legal. Of course it is quite difficult to silence anyone permanently. Sometimes they come back." Starling says.
    "How you deal with anyone who might object would be entirely up to you, Mr Starling. I just want to make sure you understand what is likely to happen when the results are published and are capable of dealing with them. I can get you the results you need. You have to be prepared to deal with the fallout. Sound reasonable?" Roberts asks.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #660

Kribulkin Street

Zefir looks confused. For a person her mental state she went down very quick.

"Let's throw her into the house. Or should we use her as a scapegoat?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK