New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

[Sereg's Arena]

Lalita stands a good dozen feet behind Edward and Canguro as they make their deal with Apolinar. He knows enough of what's going on, and isn't particularly interested in the details. More importantly, he's not interested in Apolinar.

What he is interested in is Genoveva's Fraccions. Lalita is fairly sure he's never seen either, which piques his curiosity. Primera's nasty grin gives a lot of incentive to stay out of chatting range, though. In a case of 'it takes one to know one', Lalita knows when someone is up to mischief and it's better to keep pne's distance to them.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

"Hmph... someone's confident, maybe I won't have to surrender then." Canguro glared at Apolinar as she watched him walk off, folding her arms, despite having said earlier that teaming up with someone would be a handicap. She followed Apolinar, putting her hands behind her back as they walked.

"So... what's your release? Any abilities I need to watch out for?" the Numeros asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well now that they've gone in let's be on our way," said Edward motioning for Lalita to follow him as he made his way to the designated section for the Espada. Once he was there he approached Genoveva and Anita. "Hey ladies, how's it going? It's a real pleasure to see you again Anita." He was absolutely glowing as he spoke.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Orc in the Playground

[Pico's Palacio]

Ah, dreams. They can be a funny thing sometimes, especially when falling asleep under the influence of enough alcohol to kill five elephants in rapid succession before wasting a group of hardcore drunks. The end of this particular dream involved a pale, serpentine man in a business suit talking to Pico about...something. "Wake up, Pico. Wake up and, s-smell the a-ash-"

This serpentine man was interrupted by Pico's sudden awakening. He was about to yell something along the lines of, "BAD DREAM PERSON!! WE DO NOT REFERENCE HALF-LIFE 2 IN THIS HOUSEHOLD!!", but he was cut off before he could even start. The source of the cutting off were a series of seemingly invisible daggers plunging into his brain at seperate intervals, while every muscle in his body reprogrammed themselves for one purpose; to vomit forth things he didn't even know he had into the world for everyone to see. Thus, his yell became a scream of blood-curdling agony, clutching his head in the fetal position. He then started running towards the porch at inhuman speeds, just barely reaching over the rails before proceeding to vomit out everything he ate from three weeks earlier, undoubtedly pouring the vile contents on some poor sap around the tower. Or several.

"Dear frikkin' Jesus, what the hell did I- BLARGH!" Vomit cut him off. "*pant**pant* Oh, dear god. How much did I drink last night?" Oh god not again. "BLARGH" ...Do I honestly need to tell you what he did? "More than I should have, obviously."

For a few moments, he was scratching his brain trying to figure out what happened before he was out. All he could remember was drinking ungodly amounts of liquor, at which point he drags himself over to the liquor compartment to find his cabinet...pretty much empty. He shuts the door so quick you'd think there was a plague in there, barely resisting the urge to puke at this sight. He then felt like his face was stomped on several times, but from weird angles. Then, he remembered something about shrimp. Shrimp... This thought got weirder when he noticed that half of his coat was off, revealing his hollow hole and number. "Oh crap."

He manages to get over to his desk, leaning on walls a couple of times to make sure he doesn't just fall over. After what seems like an eternity, he reaches his desk and presses a button that connects to Amada's room. "Hey Amada, could you come up here for a second? I wanna talk to you." He laborously says. She would be able to tell he is far from normal.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-07-17 at 09:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sereg stands upon the massive open double doors to the arena, his wordless vigilance of the show goers and the other Espada is not uncommon. Reaching into his pocket he rubs a thumb over the pocket watch, pulling it out and looking at it expectantly. "And so it begins." He hsays before using sonido to appear near Genoveva. "Primera, I'd like to make a little wager outside of the normal betting."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #726

As the varied Espada filter into the arena, Fortunato blinks into existence on the tail end of a Sonido, several feet away from the entrance. He silently brushes some imagined speck of dust from his arm and closes his cloak around his body. He glides forward mechanically, making his way to the sky box unless stopped.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sereg's Arena]

Aléjandro sonidos to the arena's entrance, before walking towards his seat in the sky box.

"Greetings everyone. How does this day find you?"

----------------------

Meanwhile, the Cuarta's champion readies himself in the waiting area for the combatants, putting some last minute touches to a bandoleer designed for holding the shards he had manufactured from the crystal trees of Hueco Mundo. As Roux works, he mutters imperceptibly under his breath.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Sereg's Arena]

Vicente was following Alejandro, not speaking for the moment. He merely kept his position, behind and somewhat to the right of the Cuarta Espada.

When he noticed the lack of seats for Fraccion, he frowned...

Before positioning himself next to Alejandro, crossing his legs, and sitting in midair. He made sure that he did not exceed his master in height as they sat; it would not do to send the wrong message.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva wasn't even in her own seat, leaving it open for the peculiar fellow she had found with her Palacio or Anita to use, instead opting to sit on the side of the skybox with her legs dangling over the side. A fiendish grin is alight upon her face even before Sereg approaches, twisting her head to look at him with that same evil smile.

"An' 'hat normal bettin' do ye know of?" the Primera says, sounding vaguely puzzled but such a peculiar statement, "'ll de bettin is abnormal boyo, tryin' ta say it ain't is like saying a leperchaun's arse has hair on it! But state your piece, Ah'm listenin'."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #730
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anita

Anita opted to sit on the Primera's chair, since she was not using it. She looked a bit nervous, and didn't seem to be sitting comfortably. She sat with her legs together, straight in front of her, with her satchel lying on her lap, held in place by both of her hands. 'So many Espada here...' She thought to herself as she pulled her hair behind her mask fragment, a habit she had. 'I hope no one minds that I am sitting here...' She leaned her head slightly forward to take a look at the occupants of the other chairs.

11. - Top - End - #731

"Well... I am not entirely sure whether there are going to be releases involved. And it's not like I'd ever trust anyone with that kind of information, let alone you." Apolinar shook his head at the Numeros' question. She obviously didn't know who he was, because he never gave any information away to a potential opponent. Yeah, even those who are supposed to be allies. "Novena... Pan, was it? Apologies, I haven't seen you around that much." Also, you don't look like much. "Can you give me more details about this whole... 'possession' business?"
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Pan spoke plainly. "Sure, it's simple. I ride along inside your body and share my spiritual energy with you. You gain a huge boost in power and undergo some minor cosmetic changes. We can only maintain a link for a short amount of time because while we are fused together our combined energy could cause your body to overload and burn out. Needless to say the results wouldn't be pretty for either of us. This shouldn't be a concern so long as we end things fast. You won't be facing anyone at top Espada level so you should breeze through the competition. I could try to forcefully take control of your body or you could allow me to do so willingly, but I'm not the one that's supposed to be doing the fighting and I'm not interested in having a battle of wills with you."

13. - Top - End - #733

DrowGirl

Canguro listened to them talk for a while, before losing interest and taking a look around, placing her hands on her hips. She was a little annoyed that he didn't bother answering her questions, but she'll just wait for the battle to find out.

Ugh... So he's also being super-charged by another arrancar. They don't really need me here... Oh, but maybe they do. Maybe all the Espada are doing stuff like this.
    She thought. Unable to keep still for long, she started to pace back and forth.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground

[Pico's Palacio]

To his dismay, a very gruff woman's voice pops up on the other end of the line. "Whaddaya want at this hour, Espada? Ya realize I have to get my beauty sleep ya know!" What the...? Pico looks at the lettering underneath the button he pressed. He noticed a distinct lack of the word "Amada" beneath it and facepalmed. Crap, it does say Angela. "Nevermind, wrong button." he practically sighs out. "What?!?! Are ya ****ing me man?!?! Do ya nae understand that I-" Pico cut off her aweful shrieking with a push of a button. He then has his finger hover over a nearby button, making sure it was the right one before pressing it. "Yo. Come on up to my suite, would ya? I wanna have a chat with you." He seems to have a small bit of composure at this point. At least it doesn't sound like he's about to puke into the microphone.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

[Arena]

Lalita doesn't heed Edward's beckoning - he's learned to be wary of anything or anyone involved with the Primera, and there seems to be little room for him in the skybox anyway. Instead, he sneaks behind Canguro.

"Please, don't mind our good General here"
    , he whispers to her ear. "He has some trouble opening up to others. I assure you that he's a noble and trustworthy person regardless. Have no worries about him." It's impossible to judge from his voice whether Lalita is being serious.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Amada

Amada's stirred from her own sleep at...well her desk by the voice of Pico coming over the speaker. Her head lifts with several pieces of paper stuck to her cheeks and forehead and groans. She'd been up for most of the night working on...well the proof of it was scattered about the room. Crumpled up paper and charts were thrown about the floor and stuck to the walls rampantly, haphazardly thrown about in seemingly nonsense patterns as she stumbled over to the intercom.

"Uggghhh, what do you want? I was trying to get some sleep!" she grumbles into it, eyes only half open, "Are you sober yet or not?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #737

"Very well. I'll try and make this quick." Apolinar looks over and spots Lalita whispering something in Canguro's ear. "Ah, I thought you'd be skulking around somewhere, Tandon. Shouldn't you be running away screaming like a little girl? I seem to recall that being your speciality." He didn't hear what Lalita had said to Canguro, but he assumed it was something snide.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Amada

Amada's stirred from her own sleep at...well her desk by the voice of Pico coming over the speaker. Her head lifts with several pieces of paper stuck to her cheeks and forehead and groans. She'd been up for most of the night working on...well the proof of it was scattered about the room. Crumpled up paper and charts were thrown about the floor and stuck to the walls rampantly, haphazardly thrown about in seemingly nonsense patterns as she stumbled over to the intercom.

"Uggghhh, what do you want? I was trying to get some sleep!" she grumbles into it, eyes only half open, "Are you sober yet or not?"
    "Trust me, I'm brutally sober. I was hoping you could tell me something. All I know is that I woke up with a screaming hangover and my coat is half off. Also, for some reason I feel like I've been kicked in the face by a mule. Several times. Now I want you to include every single ugly detail. So tell me."

"What happened when I was wasted?"

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

[Arena]

Lalita sneers at Apolinar. "I'm afraid you recall wrong, sir", he says to the General and bows. "Those are just something I'm naturally good at. My real specialty is being annyoing to people."

20. - Top - End - #740

"Don't you have anything better to do than... Oh right. Apologies, I mistook you for someone worth something for a moment there. Go away, miss Lalita." Apolinar turns his back on everyone and walks away, judiciously ignoring everyone until the melee starts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita glares sourly at Apolinar's wake, muttering something under his breath. "Fool." Then he turns back to Canguro, giving her an apologetic smile. "... as said, nothing to worry about. He's always like this. I'm sure you two will get along just fine, given some time. So give it your best, Miss."

22. - Top - End - #742

DrowGirl

Canguro ceased her pacing, blinking as she looked back at Lalita, who had snuck up behind her again. the Numeros listened to their exchange with a raised eyebrow "Well, at least I know it's not me."

"I will give it my best, don't worry about that. I'm just wondering if I should use my resurreccion right out the gate, or do it before this whole battle starts." She turned to face Lalita as she spoke

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you", Lalita whispers. "I've heard Septima's a bit stick in the... I mean, reserved about people using their Hollow powers. I don't know if he will be enforcing his view for this match, but to be on the safe side, I suggest you only release your blade after someone else does so first..."

Lalita takes a step back, and examines Canguro from head to toes. "... where is yours, anyway?"

24. - Top - End - #744

DrowGirl

Canguro slowly grinned, raising her arms to show her serrated white bracers, then gestured down to her greaves before jumping up. She did a front flip while in the air, bringing her right leg down with a heel drop as she landed. Green energy arced along the blades of her right greave, and a bala erupted from the bottom of it as it hit the ground.

The courier girl stood up straight after showing off, still grinning, she raised her leg a little "Salto Poderoso. My greaves and armguard's are my zanpakuto."

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

Tadzio chose to remain standing, though took a moment to peer at the girl who had sat in the Primera's seat. He had returned to his unreleased form by now, though seemed slightly unsettled by the whole situation, tending not to look at anyone for too long and seeming to try and hide his face as much as possible. He said nothing, instead trying to distract himself by observing the others filtered in.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita fingers his earrings absent-mindedly as he watches Canguro's show of strenght. "Is that so? Interesting choice of weapon." He puts his hands behind his back and nods. "I wish you the best of luck, then, Miss Canguro. Please, don't get yourself injured. That would make both me and my master very sad."

27. - Top - End - #747

Genoveva wasn't even in her own seat, leaving it open for the peculiar fellow she had found with her Palacio or Anita to use, instead opting to sit on the side of the skybox with her legs dangling over the side. A fiendish grin is alight upon her face even before Sereg approaches, twisting her head to look at him with that same evil smile.

"An' 'hat normal bettin' do ye know of?" the Primera says, sounding vaguely puzzled but such a peculiar statement, "'ll de bettin is abnormal boyo, tryin' ta say it ain't is like saying a leperchaun's arse has hair on it! But state your piece, Ah'm listenin'."
    "There is always betting on the matches at my arena, dear Primera. The other betting I think of is not for a physical reward. I plan to release a number of adjuchas into the arena to hassle the fighters, rather than have a fighter myself. If any of the Adjuchas live to the end of the match, you must apologize immediately and in front of the other Espada for what you did to my face. If they are all dead at the end, then I will instead apologize in front of the other Espada for my rude behavior earlier and will allow you a favor at a time of your choosing." Sereg says simply, waving a hand at the end, as if there is nothing that could go wrong.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"Dat so? 'ow many pawns ya puttin' to da sword boyo? Ten? Twenty? 'ive me a number here." the Primera says off-hand, only casting a single glance over towards the Septima with a frown on her face. Not a particularly ominous one, but one of irritation at being distracted from watching the arena below for her own champion. Where was that brute? He'd best not be late.

Suddenly her head snaps back around to look at Sereg once more. "Well? What 're all de terms?"

29. - Top - End - #749

Genoveva

"Dat so? 'ow many pawns ya puttin' to da sword boyo? Ten? Twenty? 'ive me a number here." the Primera says off-hand, only casting a single glance over towards the Septima with a frown on her face. Not a particularly ominous one, but one of irritation at being distracted from watching the arena below for her own champion. Where was that brute? He'd best not be late.

Suddenly her head snaps back around to look at Sereg once more. "Well? What 're all de terms?"
    "I'm thinking between twenty and twenty-four Adjuchas in the arena, Primera. The terms have been lain out, if one adjuchas still lives in the arena at the time the match ends, I win. If all adjuchas are dead, you win. What do you say to that, Genoveva?

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vicente hovered in the air next to Alejandro, his eyes currently closed as he awaited the beginning of the proceedings.

Of course, his ears worked perfectly fine. Hence the quirked eyebrow as he listened to the conversation between the Septima and the Primera.

'The Septima is bold. Perhaps too bold...'
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune